Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

"Daddy"? I didn't see Henry Sr. in the episode credits, or is he "Valet/Nobleman"? Or is Regina being snarky to Robin?

Fingers crossed for the latter. Her unleashing her not-so-inner bitch on Robin could be highly entertaining.

• Love 4

Yes, Henry Sr. is the Valet/Nobleman. My guess is the fairyback will be the story of when Cora captured Henry Sr. and brought him to Wonderland.

They can't, unless they retcon majorly. The flashback takes place one year after Daniel's death - Snow is still a child, quasi-"Young Regina" territory. Regina retrieved her father when she was already the Evil Queen. And they can't say her dad was trapped all this time, because he was in the EF when she killed the King.
The flashback takes place one year after Daniel's death - Snow is still a child, quasi-"Young Regina" territory. Regina retrieved her father when she was already the Evil Queen. And they can't say her dad was trapped all this time, because he was in the EF when she killed the King.

I got the impression that he was in the Enchanted Forest all along, up to and maybe after the point when he abetted in killing Leopold, then ended up in Wonderland at some point after that, and then Regina retrieved him later. She wasn't full-on Evil Queen when Leo was killed, and yet she was full-on Evil Queen when she sent Jefferson after her father. That would suggest that he went to Wonderland sometime after Leo's death.

Unless he was maybe commuting.

The flashback takes place one year after Daniel's death - Snow is still a child, quasi-"Young Regina" territory.
Oh, I missed that. Great, I guess we're headed for more retcon territory with Cora then.

I keep bopping in here trying to find something to get my spirits up after the stupidity of the Zelena pregnancy and it's not working. :( 

Unless he was maybe commuting.

When I was in university, my best friend had a pet rat. A boy who lived in the same residence and liked her also got himself a pet rat. One day he rat-napped my friend's pet and when we rescued her pet, we also took his. When he rescued his pet, he took her's again. This continued for weeks (until she took her pet home for a study break and her sister's snake got out of its aquarium and ate it).

Maybe this same scenario played out with Cora and Regina and their pet, Henry Sr. Maybe it was a fun mother-daughter game where they stole Henry Sr. back and forth.  Each time, it got more elaborate (think of how well hidden he was when Jefferson "helped rescue" him). Like my friend's rat, Henry Sr. did not meet a happy end and that ended the game.

Edited by kili
  • Love 2

The other option, the one I would absolutely hate, it's that every hero turns a villain and every villain, a hero. So we are having not only Dark Emma, but also Dark Snow, Dark Charming and Dark Belle, and Heroic Regina and Heroic Rumple. I don't know where Hook would end up here.

I actually like the idea of flipping all the heroes and villains.  Cathartic.  Payback.  Can you imagine the misery that Dark Belle would reign down on Rumpel.  Talk about be careful what you wish for and magic has consequences.

Its probably enough that Captain Swan are still entangled that I like the whole idea of it.  It sounds like it could be fun. It could also go very badly.  At a minimum, someone will find a way to write a solid fanfic that lives up to the potential of the idea if they screw it up.

I generally find that half the spoilers that I dread are because I understand the show's track record and not because they are inherently bad ideas.  There are nuggets of really good ideas in a lot of the spoilers I see but also show destroying danger if handled badly.  If I had more faith in the show, I wouldn't react to many spoilers as negatively as I do sometimes.

Also, my first reaction to the Emma picture.  Cannibal.  Reminds me of the witch from Hansel and Gretel.  I think its the teeth.

It almost looks like there are two different timelines in the Regina flashback -- like there's one around Regina's wedding, and Regina almost looks moderately happy to see Cora, and then there's one maybe later with a youngish, but not full-on "young", Regina moping with her dad.

It kind of looks like Snow and Hook are talking in the background of the one with Emma and Lily in the foreground. Not that we'll ever get to hear a conversation between them.

So what was the point of Regina banishing Cora to Wonderland if she could just zip back whenever she wanted to? Wouldn't Cora do more damage if she were able to go to EF?

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
Those stills and BTS, Jared Gilmore will be the tallest 13 year old ever.

I might have agreed until I went to a baseball tournament this weekend which featured 12 and 13 year olds. Some of those kids hit their growth spurts early. One kid stood beside our coach who is 6 foot 1 and he was only maybe 2 inches shorter.

He's going to be towering over everyone come the end of of next season.

And his character will be only one week older. During the filming of original Narnia, Skander Keynes (Edmund) grew 6.5 inches. They had a heck of a time getting his armor to fit. The trouble with child actors.

Poor Lily didn't get a chance to pick up any new clothes and has to wear her Coffee Mug T-shirt every where she goes. No wonder she gets cranky and turns into a dragon.

• Love 1
I might have agreed until I went to a baseball tournament this weekend which featured 12 and 13 year olds. Some of those kids hit their growth spurts early. One kid stood beside our coach who is 6 foot 1 and he was only maybe 2 inches shorter.

Yeah, I know one 12-year-old boy who's already about 6 feet tall and another who's at least 5 foot 8 or 9. Their parents are reasonably tall.

Henry doesn't necessarily have a super-tall gene pool, but there is such a thing as early growth spurts and then not growing afterward. My brother was really tall for his age as a 12-year-old (he played basketball), but then stopped growing and now is maybe about average. I can handwave enough to buy it for Henry. What they'll have to worry about is if he can grow as much scruff as Hook before he turns 13. However, in one of those pictures, it initially looks like he's right next to Hook and barely shorter, but upon closer inspection, he's a couple of strides closer to the camera than Hook is, so there's some optical illusion at work.

I LOATHE the idea of the heroes & villains switching places for any more than the finale AU. LOATHE LOATHE LOATHE. Because I loathe it, that's probably what they'll do for S5.

• Love 1

I would actually love a hero/villain swap for an extended s5 AU. I'm pretty sure I had a wish for that in the Wishing on a Star thread. I think the actors would have a blast with it. I would want it all to get undone of course, but as long as it gets undone, I think it could be really fun.

• Love 1

Poor Lily didn't get a chance to pick up any new clothes and has to wear her Coffee Mug T-shirt every where she goes. No wonder she gets cranky and turns into a dragon.

Well Emma and Regina didn't get to change their clothes, either, and this entire thing can't have been one day. They're at the diner somewhere near Lowell around afternoon time (given the school bus), then it's like three hours to New York City (on a good day), and then another five hours back to Maine (and that is really just to Portland, I don't even know where Storybrooke is supposed to be), but it is light out when they arrive. </overthinking>

I love how much Regina looks like a teen in her goth phase in this photo. Even her posture is that of a teen girl who just wants to go hide in her room and write Anne Rice fanfic. 

• Love 1

Maybe Maleficent could poof something up for her?

Lily will be changing out of her clothes and right into a dragon.

This is why the whole talk about timelines and how according to Eddie we nitpick too much.  From 4x19 to 4x22, one day has passed.  Snow is the only person who looks like she got changed between the time Emma leaves and the time Emma comes back.  Then the shit hits the fan.  I'm guessing they're AU bound before the day is over.

I would actually love a hero/villain swap for an extended s5 AU. I'm pretty sure I had a wish for that in the Wishing on a Star thread. I think the actors would have a blast with it. I would want it all to get undone of course, but as long as it gets undone, I think it could be really fun.

Well if there actually is Lieutenant Jones and Evil Emma, that may be just what they're doing. But I don't expect it to last for long. I would LOVE seeing them all in the Enchanted Forest, though.

Edited by OnceUponAJen

I like the characters I like because of who they are. I don't want them to suddenly be different characters for an extended period. It's like switching the entire cast to entirely new characters. What is this, American Horror Story? No thank you.

A tidbit about Emma's costumes in the finale.

• Love 3

Shocking twist: The person who manipulates the Author is... Snow. She creates another universe where she and Charming never made their mistake and everyone gets what she thinks is their happy ending. Wild speculation!

This finale better be good. If it doesn't have a mind-blowing, intriguing twist at the end, I'll seriously consider quitting this show more than I already have. (If my addiction to it doesn't stop me...)

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Well if there actually is Lieutenant Jones and Evil Emma, that may be just what they're doing. But I don't expect it to last for long.

I think that Evil Emma in the concept finale is the strongest reason to suspect that there may be some misinterpretation about the spoilers that seem to point to Dark One Emma for 5A. I think she disappears / is believed to be dead, but not actually also 'dark'.

We get more cleavage. That's the most consistent thing about this show it seems. Is Jennifer going to show cleavage in every two hour finale now?

I bet Josh spoiler has more to do with us thinking Emma's dead than her going dark. Next season they all better go get her after all the shit she did from them.

Edited by mjgchick
  • Love 1

We get more cleavage. That's the most consistent thing about this show it seems. Is Jennifer going to show cleavage in every two hour finale now?

I'm fine with this if we can also get more shirtless/sleeveless scenes with the men. I think the odd scene of Charming or Robin in a wifebeater is the best we've done, right?

ETA: Photo from Adam of scoring, featuring a still of Emma. Anyone with better eyesight than me pull anything out of that?

Edited by retrograde
  • Love 1

She's wearing her white sweater that she wears during her She - Ra moment.

I don't think we've ever gotten a shirtless guy on this show. Weird. I know this is considered a family show but even other family shows gave us eye candy being half naked. not even Graham while he was being violated either?

She's wearing her white sweater that she wears during her She - Ra moment.

I don't think we've ever gotten a shirtless guy on this show. Weird. I know this is considered a family show but even other family shows gave us eye candy being half naked. not even Graham while he was being violated either?

We saw Graham shirtless in 1x04. We saw Robin shirtless in Lacey. Charming was shirtless in bed in The Cricket Game. Don't forget the naked guard in Heart of Darkness! Edited by KingOfHearts

Graham was shirtless in 1.07 as well. And I'm still upset that they had David wearing Scrooge's nightshirt when he woke up from his nightmare in "The Tower". Less cleavage, more pecs, I say. 

Is it possible that the Apprentice is the unlikely source helping the author? Maybe he wants to fix the Lily situation because he's a dumbass and doesn't realize that he's already made it a lot worse. Otherwise, it does seem like Regina would be the likely candidate wanting to fix things which leads us into Operation Mongoose.

• Love 3
Maybe he wants to fix the Lily situation because he's a dumbass and doesn't realize that he's already made it a lot worse.

Doesn't he?  He knew what was going on with Lily, he knew how to find her, on a bus Pittsburgh bound, he knew what she looked like and he knew about her birth mark, about her life...he already knew all these things, so I'm guessing that if he doesn't know, then he has an idea that if Lily ends up in Storybrooke, the shit will likely hit the fan.  I'm more curious about how they release him from the hat than anything else at this point.  Or does he release himself?  I'm sure he has enough powers of his own to do that.

I think that Evil Emma in the concept finale is the strongest reason to suspect that there may be some misinterpretation about the spoilers that seem to point to Dark One Emma for 5A.

Yeah. I know A&E like to reuse the same storylines again and again, but it would be a bit too much to have Dark Emma in the AU and then, again, Dark Emma in season 5.

I really don't know what to expect from the finale. When you read what Josh says and then what Adam says, it seems like they are talking about completely different episodes. And, then, there's what the fans that saw some of the shooting are saying, or better, hinting. One of them said that not even the crew knew what was going on:

Most of the crew can barely keep up with what’s going on in the finale, hahaha.

Anyway, Adam has posted another pic of the orchestra scoring the finale, now with Hook. I guess he wants to reassure his fans that he has at least one scene in the episode.

Edited by RadioGirl27

I like how a fan can keep up with what's going on, but the crew, not so much.  Oh well!

Next time Adam posts something about voting for Colin in that ET poll, someone should ask him if it will guarantee Hook something called a story next season.

• Love 1
Shocking twist: The person who manipulates the Author is... Snow. She creates another universe where she and Charming never made their mistake and everyone gets what she thinks is their happy ending. Wild speculation!

Actually, you may be on to something because it would be a retread of the "Snow was the one who cast the curse!" plot, and that would make it fit their recycling pattern. So we'll get to see what Emma would have been like if she hadn't had the fetal evilectomy.

Then again, that might suggest that the fetal evilectomy was the right thing to do, and I can't imagine them doing that.

Well if there actually is Lieutenant Jones and Evil Emma, that may be just what they're doing.

Not that I expect anything resembling logic from the writers, but if everyone switches from good to evil and vice versa, shouldn't Hook become a villain again?

Not that I expect anything resembling logic from the writers, but if everyone switches from good to evil and vice versa, shouldn't Hook become a villain again?

I'd be on the fence about that one because Hook now is far from the idealistic young Lieutenant. I'd say he's closer to the villain, but has definitely moved towards the hero side. He has admitted that he feels the pull of the dark side, as we saw when he blackmailed Rumple. It started out as a way to help Elsa, but he went further and further down that path.

Edited by OnceUponAJen

To go along with the tease about various outfits for Emma, I wonder if there could be a bunch of different AUs, and they shift-shift-shift from one to another? Maybe the Author keeps rewriting.

In the photo of Hook from scoring, is that the episode time underneath? 46 minutes would be right at the end of the ep. And is that the ceiling of the Captain's quarters on the Jolly Roger?

I'd be on the fence about that one because Hook now is far from the idealistic young Lieutenant. I'd say he's closer to the villain, but has definitely moved towards the hero side. He has admitted that he feels the pull of the dark side, as we saw when he blackmailed Rumple. It started out as a way to help Elsa, but he went further and further down that path.

I'd say based on last episode.  Hook would be a hero pulled to the dark side by Evil Emma as a contrast to him staying on the side of good for Emma.

In the photo of Hook from scoring, is that the episode time underneath? 46 minutes would be right at the end of the ep. And is that the ceiling of the Captain's quarters on the Jolly Roger?

I think it's Gold's shop and I don't know what the clock means.  I'm so looking forward to the end of the season just to put myself out of my misery until September.  How things changed since episode 4.

Episodes can only be up to 42 minutes long. It could either be that there are scenes they still need to cut or it's counting both parts 1 and 2 of the finale.

I wondered about that. I would think they would edit the ep for time before scoring, as editing later would mess up the music. But I don't know how that works.

In the pic of Emma that Mark Isham tweeted yesterday, she's wearing the same white sweater she's wearing in the dagger scene, so that implies it's probably soon before the dagger scene. That had a 41 minute mark. It seems like she and Hook are in Gold's shop before they run outside with the dagger. Hook seems to be in Gold's shop in this scoring scene, so he's probably in there with Emma. If it's at 46 minutes, they'd still need a minute or two for the dagger scene, so that's putting it at 48 minutes or so.

(This is assuming the dagger scene is the cliffhanger or very close to it.)

Footage of filming the scene where Emma and Regina (and the Apprentice?) are lying on the ground, then get up and hug Henry and Robin. Still not sure what's going on here.

Dang .  I hope they edit that.  Henry hugs the Mom that is standing while leaving Emma on the ground.  Robin does an obvious swerve to not step on still unconscious Emma so he can hug Regina.  Way to tend to the incapacitated first there.

I'd hug and run too.  She looking for Hook or Snowing?  Probably Hook.

Edited by ParadoxLost

Dang .  I hope they edit that.  Henry hugs the Mom that is standing while leaving Emma on the ground.  Robin does an obvious swerve to not step on still unconscious Emma so he can hug Regina.  Way to tend to the incapacitated first there.

I'd hug and run too.  She looking for Hook or Snowing?  Probably Hook.

I noticed that too, Robin sidestepping Emma to get to Regina while Henry hugs the mother who is standing.  Is Emma dead, alive, did she boink her head when she arrived back in Storybrooke?  Does she need assistance?

If Emma goes missing, how much is Henry going to miss her, really?  I have serious doubts.  He needs her when Regina doesn't do it for him.

ETA - With out luck, Hook will be missing for 10 minutes and no one will notice he's gone.  Then he'll just show up the next segment like nothing happened.  See examples after the Snow Queen's spell, when he went to find Emma in 408 and I'm sure I'm forgetting another episode in there somewhere.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

Maybe Emma reappears later than Regina, so the actors aren't meant to acknowledge her right away? I'm not worrying about it too much, I think it'll be better in the final edit. I'm still hoping that after this is when Emma finds Hook on the JR and there's an I Love You or something more.