Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, phoenics said:

Obviously him trusting DP to be professional was horrible judgment on his part.

DP proved that she couldn't be professional and that there are people BTS giving her room to be petty back in 5A. Caitlin made shady faces after Nora snapped at Iris on two separate occasions. No director told her to fix her face considering that, in canon, there's no issue between Iris and Caitlin. They gave her reaction shots instead.

8 hours ago, phoenics said:

Okay - you can wait and see - but also keep in mind that the trailer for this episode has a scene with Barry having a soft heart to heart conversation 1 on 1 with Caitlin - in the very same episode he's screaming at Iris about (and that's not a 1 on 1 convo - it happens in front of the whole team).

And yes - he is YELLING at her.  And not in private like the episode in S1.

It's actually unacceptable.  And if this is in the script when we haven't seen a single solitary Westallen scene in weeks, then that is trash too.  All of it.

I expect things to play out even worse than this. I expect Caitlin and not Iris to get through to Barry and convince him to see things from Nora's perspective. Barry's issues with his daughter won't get resolved right away but watch Barry be less stubborn after his one-on-one convo with Caitlin. That would be the last straw and ultimate insult to the WestAllen marriage.

7 hours ago, adora721 said:

There are a few in fandom who think the writer, Judalina Neira, has a soft spot for SB. She wrote the 3x7 "Killer Frost" episode, which include the cold kiss and some claim she retweeted some SB stuff, too. Not sure if this shows bias becaue she's also written West-Allen heavy episodes, too. Perhaps she's playing both sides.

I think she's a SB shipper. WestAllen is the canon couple so she can't come out and candidly admit that she prefers SB to it. When someone is playing both sides with a canon couple and a crack ship they are a fan of the crack ship.

I have liked some of her episodes but she didn't write them alone. Also, the showrunners have final say and she has to respect the story they want to tell.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Starry said:

DP proved that she couldn't be professional and that there are people BTS giving her room to be petty back in 5A. Caitlin made shady faces after Nora snapped at Iris on two separate occasions. No director told her to fix her face considering that, in canon, there's no issue between Iris and Caitlin. They gave her reaction shots instead.

I expect things to play out even worse than this. I expect Caitlin and not Iris to get through to Barry and convince him to see things from Nora's perspective. Barry's issues with his daughter won't get resolved right away but watch Barry be less stubborn after his one-on-one convo with Caitlin. That would be the last straw and ultimate insult to the WestAllen marriage.

I think she's a SB shipper. WestAllen is the canon couple so she can't come out and candidly admit that she prefers SB to it. When someone is playing both sides with a canon couple and a crack ship they are a fan of the crack ship.

I have liked some of her episodes but she didn't write them alone. Also, the showrunners have final say and she has to respect the story they want to tell.

This is why I odn't put blame solely on the writers of the episode. Zack already revealed that writers have to turn in their scripts to be reviewed. Showrunner would always make revisions on something.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Starry said:

ICAM.  People thought I was being paranoid or seeing things when I pointed out the "hate bait" TPTB were seemingly putting out with Caitlin and Cecile sharing those "catty smug pleased" looks when Iris was sniped at by Nora (with Caitlin getting TWO reaction shots).  Or when I pointed out the "hate bait" the writers trotted out from S1 bashing Iris for her blog and not allowing her to defend herself when that other blog writer bashed her for that. It was LITERALLY hate bait - there only to engage fans who hated Iris.

Like - a consolation prize for the haters - that since they had to suffer the IGNOMY of Iris gracing the screen, then here, have some inexplicable dialogue, direction and plot designed to validate your hatred even though it makes NO sense in terms of story and ONLY makes sense if you somehow believe Caitlin has a reason to hate Iris (because she has Barry?).  It was literally hate bate for all the fans who hate Iris because their self-insert (Caitlin) was snubbed in favor of Iris by Barry because he loves Iris and doesn't see Caitlin that way at all.

And after that, the writing devolved into an OTF paradise and Iris ended up wallpapered.  So apparently she was only onscreen to either get sniped at by Nora and derided via facial expression by Caitlin, or (once Nora made up with her) reduced to wallpaper and now, in a final slap to fans, yelled at by her husband who then will go and have a heart to heart with another woman that he will totally listen to rather than his own damn wife.

Meanwhile I've been slowly watching all interaction between Barry and Iris VANISH over the past 4 episodes.  In the last two they didn't interact at all except in a group setting.  And then the first time we finally see them together - it's a fight.  Hell, it's barely that - it's Iris quietly stating "We don't know that..." and Barry YELLING at her "YES WE DO!"

That is yelling - when Iris' voice is soft and low and Barry is several decibels higher than her, he is YELLING at her. Ugh - it's even worse because Iris is probably trying hard not to look like she's outwardly disagreeing with him in front of the entire gang (like WTF that is so disrespectful), so she's keeping her voice low and Barry just doesn't give AF about yelling at and disrespecting his wife in front of the whole team.

I hate that I was right about the direction this show was headed.  I HATE THAT I WAS RIGHT.  I hate that I'm so used to black women characters getting the shaft that I still had to have my antennae up for this mess.

All I can do now is hope that Eric Wallace will fix this mess and stop catering to racist fandom.  But unless he's as boss as Shonda Rhymes or Ava DuVernay, I still have my doubts.

I feel foolish for hoping that since AJK was gone, things would get better.  I feel like AJK leaving was  A New Hope and now we are watching DP Strikes Back.

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 2

There's going to be more to the episode than the few seconds we've seen in the promos, so we'll see.

3 hours ago, Starry said:

but watch Barry be less stubborn after his one-on-one convo with Caitlin.

Will he, though? We know he makes another (rash?) decision by the end of the episode.

And after that, the writing devolved into an OTF paradise and Iris ended up wallpapered. 

Iris' screentime has been less - ridiculous - but I wouldn't say that "OT F" has gotten more scenes. There's only two episodes, at most, I'd classify that way, since this season they've made an effort to have the smaller teamups in separate plots. And also characters being outright absent for most or all of an episode.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

It might be just me, but I don't think that voiceover + clip from the trailer means Barry will talk to Caitlin alone. I figured the show will sometimes just pan out of the flashforwards/reading of the diary for some reactions from the team as they read. Like, something sad happens in the flashforward, and then as a transition someone from the present day says something and we're back in the present to remind that this is all stuff they're reading. They all talk about it a little and then they go back to the future (lol) diary entries. But I guess we'll see tonight.

Below is the Flash episode in quicktime. I honestly cannot comprehend why the show is devoting so much time to a character that will be gone by the end of the season. What is the point? The writers must be bored. I think that the Monitor character will be in the finale also. He is making visits to all the shows that will be crossover next season. Let me just say blech.

• Useful 1
18 hours ago, Trini said:

Wow, why is CW PR trash this year?? This photo is credited as Sarah Carter but it's not, it's her stunt double.

FLA519b_0098b.jpg

Anyway, it's a better look at the new costume.

Update: this photo has been removed from CW's press website (but it's still up other places), and they released a photo of Icicle:

FLA519b_0152b.jpg

1 hour ago, Trini said:

SIGH.... from the promos, it doesn't look like Future Iris makes an appearance.

Yeah - I guess ya'll will see how this pans out - I'm being preempted by the baseball game, so I can't watch tonight.  The only reason I will be able to see it is because I have the iTunes season pass.  

So Ralph uses some machine to get the time sphere to work so Iris can travel to the future. Argh, For that is holy, let her stay there, Iris. Actually, I take it back. Bring Nora back to the past, Iris so she can erase this version of herself from existence. 

Just now, SimoneS said:

So Ralph uses some machine to get the time sphere to work so Iris can travel to the future. Argh, For that is holy, let her stay there, Iris. Actually, I take it back. Bring Nora back to the past, Iris so she can erase this version of herself from existence. 

I think Iris just wanted to say goodbye. She and Nora was finally getting close. She always knew Nora would have to go back and wanted to spend time with her. Barry knew this. I don't think she would bring Nora back.

2 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

I think Iris just wanted to say goodbye. She and Nora was finally getting close. She always knew Nora would have to go back and wanted to spend time with her. Barry knew this. I don't think she would bring Nora back.

I don't know. I think Iris will probably try to convince Nora to go back to the past so she and Barry can make peace. It does seem like Barry shows up which why Nora is yelling. All this is doing is setting the groundwork for Thawne to escape and Nora to erase herself so I'll take it as an unintended gift from the show.

Edited by SimoneS
8 hours ago, RedVitC said:

It might be just me, but I don't think that voiceover + clip from the trailer means Barry will talk to Caitlin alone. I figured the show will sometimes just pan out of the flashforwards/reading of the diary for some reactions from the team as they read. Like, something sad happens in the flashforward, and then as a transition someone from the present day says something and we're back in the present to remind that this is all stuff they're reading. They all talk about it a little and then they go back to the future (lol) diary entries. But I guess we'll see tonight.

Still processing my thoughts from the episode, but look at that, I was actually right about one of my 'maybe it's just me's'! 😅

And the promo, Iris is actually going to the future! Very curious about that. Not crazy about all the yelling, but man they're fantastic actors

• Love 1

oh btw, I don't think this was posted here. There were some set photos from canadagraphs of a scene with Barry and Iris from finale filming, presumably in the future, looking at something? or someone? I think that might be a scene of them saying goodbye to Nora

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, RedVitC said:

oh btw, I don't think this was posted here. There were some set photos from canadagraphs of a scene with Barry and Iris from finale filming, presumably in the future, looking at something? or someone? I think that might be a scene of them saying goodbye to Nora

I saw those photos. Initially I thought Nora erased this version of herself, but those photos of Barry and Iris in the future holding hands do suggest that they are saying goodbye to her so I thought I misinterpreted the video. But then I noticed that Iris is wearing the same outfit that she wore when they confront Thawne in those night scenes. It makes me wonder which scenes come first. It is possible that after they defeat Cicada and they believe they have won, Barry and Iris travel to the future with Nora and say goodbye. Only for Thawne to escape and Nora to head back to the past to protect and warn her parents.

In the end, I don't think that it matters. This version of Nora is gone since the crisis is now happening next season. There is no time for Iris to get pregnant and have a baby before it occurs.

Edited by SimoneS

*freaks out*

I can't believe I was right about Iris time traveling! YASSSS!

LOL at the next episode being Caitlin-centric, but the promo is all West-Allen drama. OF COURSE that's the more important story! But they decided to make it the B-plot? At least marketing knows what's up. Shame that the next episode is only 15 minutes, but it might be worth it.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 3

So next week's director is all about the yelling to show emotion:

When was the last time we had an Iris/Thawne scene? Season 1?

From all the promos info so far, it doesn't look good, but I hope Cisco gets to do something in "Snow Pack".

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, SevenStars said:

What's your opinion of her as writer ?

Based on the episodes she's credited for, I say she between so-so and good but it depends on who she's paired with. However, I've been pretty 'meh' on the latest ones she's done for Season 5 and 4.

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, Trini said:

*freaks out*

I can't believe I was right about Iris time traveling! YASSSS!

You nailed it. Although, it means anyone can time travel these days on the show. 

7 hours ago, Trini said:

When was the last time we had an Iris/Thawne scene? Season 1?

From all the promos info so far, it doesn't look good, but I hope Cisco gets to do something in "Snow Pack".

Yes, season one. I wonder if Iris will get to confront Thawne. Honestly, I hate Barry backing down and agree to Nora going back to the past with them, but at least, this brings her exit closer.

Cisco isn't in any of the promo photos with Caitlin just Joe and Barry. I hope that he will at least be in that story because it doesn't look that he is involved with Iris travelling to the future. They really have sidelined Carlos this season. I am not happy with this at all.

ETA:  Some good news! The Canadagraphs guy posted more stuff. Said he asked Carlos if he was coming back and he said, "of course." Although it has been odd how they have been writing Cisco this season.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

The odd thing about 5x18 is that all the promo photos are of the Snow story, yet the preview video focuses on the WestAllen drama. Which story is getting more screen time?

Oy, it's the norm that the synopsis, promo photos, and TV promo all tell different stories. But it's going to be the Snow family that gets the most screen time since they're in the title, and their plot is described as the main one.

Even though they're going to attach Barry to that plot, I see he's paired with Joe, so hopefully we get a Joe/Barry talk about his actions with Nora.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Trini said:

Even though they're going to attach Barry to that plot, I see he's paired with Joe, so hopefully we get a Joe/Barry talk about his actions with Nora.

Oh, I would like Joe and Barry to have one of their wonderful heart to heart chats. It has been forever. I am sure that Joe will encourage Barry to understand Iris' viewpoint. It is likely that Barry will follow Iris when she finds out that she has traveled to the past.

Re-watching the promo, it looks like Nora loses control when she yells at Iris. I hope she doesn't accidentally hurt Iris because that will make things worse with Barry. 

Edited by SimoneS

I have a little nitpick.

It's the people who keep saying Nora's age is 25 like it is confirmed.

In 5x01, Nora herself said she was born a FEW years BEFORE 2024. That means 2020-2022. She comes from the year 2049. Therefore, Nora is between 27-29 years old.

It's like people only focused on the fact 2049 occurs 25 years after Barry disappeared. Just ignored Nora saying she was born before 2024.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

@Trini, I have been thinking that Thawne's visitor might be the Anti-Monitor played by LaMonica Garrett who also plays the Monitor. Since Garrett attended the Arrow wrap party there have been rumors swirling that the Monitor will be appearing in all the crossover shows' finales. Ladies of Gumption speculated that he might have filmed for The Flash finale when there was a day when the set was locked down and secretive. Maybe the Anti-Monitor visits Thawne and recruits him for the crisis next season. He could have told him that Nora would show up and she could be used to get out of the prison or Nora showing up was just a fortuitous event that has given him the opportunity to escape.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

I feel like Anti-Monitor is a good candidate for his next (last) visitor, and he might help Thawne escape.

We'll see, of course, but I'm thinking this is more of a tease for Flash than for Crisis.

6 minutes ago, Trini said:

I feel like Anti-Monitor is a good candidate for his next (last) visitor, and he might help Thawne escape.

We'll see, of course, but I'm thinking this is more of a tease for Flash than for Crisis.

I see what you mean. It would make sense that the earlier visitor is laying the groundwork for a future Flash villain, while the Anti-Monitor is his last visitor laying the groundwork for the crisis.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
On 4/17/2019 at 11:26 AM, SimoneS said:

Re-watching the promo, it looks like Nora loses control when she yells at Iris. I hope she doesn't accidentally hurt Iris because that will make things worse with Barry. 

I think Iris will be able to get through to her. Hopefully this is a good one for Iris/Nora, since it looks like Nora might only have scenes with Iris and Thawne.

Speaking of that; wow, she really just went straight back to him, huh? I think now that her relationship with Iris (even though it's the 'past' version) is repaired she should have gone to her mother to confide in.

---

Also, I'm worried about Cisco being absent or background for yet another episode. Cisco is Caitlin's closest friend, he should be with her for Snow family drama.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Trini said:

Also, I'm worried about Cisco being absent or background for yet another episode. Cisco is Caitlin's closest friend, he she be with her for Snow family drama.

I agree. It is concerning. Carlos said that he would be back, but the way that Cisco is being written this season suggests that he is being phased out. Maybe he will be back, but leave during the crossover.

Edited by SimoneS
1 hour ago, Trini said:

Speaking of that; wow, she really just went straight back to him, huh? I think now that her relationship with Iris (even though it's the 'past' version) is repaired she should have gone to her mother to confide in.

Nora going back to Thawne shows that she has no understanding of how unacceptable her behavior is to her parents and everyone she is suppose to love or maybe she does which is why she didn't go to future Iris.  Future Iris would explode if she found out that Nora working with the man responsible for Barry's disappearance/death. All this giving her a chance to explain herself would be over, but Nora has her grandfather, Cecile, etc. Why doesn't she make better choices? Plot drama, I say.

1 hour ago, Trini said:

I think Iris will be able to get through to her. Hopefully this is a good one for Iris/Nora, since it looks like Nora might only have scenes with Iris and Thawne.

I have been thinking that Barry will follow Iris to the future by the end of the episode. I can't see Nora returning without Barry grudgely agreeing for Iris' sake. The synopsis for episode 20 makes it seem like he is angry and hadn't resolved things with Nora.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I agree. It is concerning. Carlos said that he would be back, but the way that Cisco is being written this season suggests that he is being phased out. Maybe he will be back, but leave during the crossover.

I totally agree he's being phased out.  I think he's going to take the cure and leave with his new girlfriend.

Getting vaguer as we get closer to the end:

5.21 synopsis:

"The Girl With The Red Lightning"

CICADA II MAKES HER MOVE - Team Flash is on high alert after Cicada II (guest star Sarah Carter) threatens to unleash a dangerous virus that would put all meta-humans at risk.

Stefan Pleszczynski directed the episode written by Judalina Neira & Thomas Pound (#521). Original airdate 5/7/2019.

---

The last one Neira and Pound did was "Seeing Red"; the only other episode Pound is credited with this season was "All Doll'd Up" (with Gates). Neira also did "Blocked" and "Godspeed" this season.

Cautiously optimistic.

Team Flash is on high alert after Cicada II threatens to unleash a dangerous virus that would put all meta-humans at risk.

Where would she even get an anti-metahuman virus?? Is this going to be related to Cisco's "bold decision" in the previous episode?

5 hours ago, Trini said:

Where would she even get an anti-metahuman virus?? Is this going to be related to Cisco's "bold decision" in the previous episode?

Maybe Grace steals the cure from Star Labs before Cisco can take it.

7 hours ago, Trini said:

Remember Grace is from the future. She has probably been prepared for this. She already had the weapons to take team flash on.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Trini said:

5.21 synopsis:

---

The last one Neira and Pound did was "Seeing Red"; the only other episode Pound is credited with this season was "All Doll'd Up" (with Gates). Neira also did "Blocked" and "Godspeed" this season.

Cautiously optimistic.

I didn't like Seeing Red. I liked the others with Blocked being the least. So from that, this episode could be trash. I think they're not good at writing episodes dealing with Cicada as a whole.

12 hours ago, Trini said:

I can see the description for the finale now: Important stuff happens. Please watch!

On 4/19/2019 at 5:29 PM, phoenics said:

I totally agree he's being phased out.  I think he's going to take the cure and leave with his new girlfriend.

They should have kept him in an off screen relationship with Gypsy then.  Even if the actress can't appear that relationship was established enough to make it plausible for Cisco to want to leave with her.  His new girlfriend hasn't shown up enough to register as his great love, and even a powerless Cisco is too important to the team thanks to his tech skills. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

They should have kept him in an off screen relationship with Gypsy then.  Even if the actress can't appear that relationship was established enough to make it plausible for Cisco to want to leave with her.  His new girlfriend hasn't shown up enough to register as his great love, and even a powerless Cisco is too important to the team thanks to his tech skills. 

I completely agree! Cisco's brilliance as an engineer is what makes him a valuable member of Team Flash, not his powers. His powers are just icing on the cake. But if he is indeed leaving, it would have been far more believable that Cisco desperately missed Gypsy and decided to go to Earth 19 to be with her.

Carlos said that he will be back so I counting on this being true, but the way Cicso has been written this season does not give me confidence. He could still be written as one of the victims of the crossover. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Carlos said that he will be back so I counting on this being true, but the way Cicso has been written this season does not give me confidence. He could still be written as one of the victims of the crossover. 

There could be some logic to his leaving if they make a massive change to the status quo.  In other words, destroy/close Star Labs (does no one in the city consider it odd that a massive research lab is currently run by fewer than 5 people years after the accident?) and focus more on crime fighting using the tools Iris would have as a reporter and Barry would have as a CSI.  No more magic tech, miracle drugs, satellites, etc.  If they don't have the resources to build stuff then Cisco can no longer do his thing. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

There could be some logic to his leaving if they make a massive change to the status quo.  In other words, destroy/close Star Labs (does no one in the city consider it odd that a massive research lab is currently run by fewer than 5 people years after the accident?) and focus more on crime fighting using the tools Iris would have as a reporter and Barry would have as a CSI.  No more magic tech, miracle drugs, satellites, etc.  If they don't have the resources to build stuff then Cisco can no longer do his thing. 

I like this. I would love to see more of the CCPD set along with the growing Central Citizen, but I don't see the show making such a huge change to its successful formula. Besides where would Caitlin, Ralph, and the version of Wells hang out, treat injured people, chat about Flash stuff if there wasn't Star Labs? They can always  make the next version of Wells, a brilliant physicist/mechanical engineer to replace Cisco. They could bring Harry back with his brilliant restored. 

• Love 1

Bringing this from another thread:

In S2, they had a great opportunity to reduce the central status of STAR Labs when they had Cisco consulting at CCPD and they established the CCPD Metahuman Task Force. They should have rolled STAR Labs personnel into that task force by the end of S2 or the start of S3, especially once they established a metahuman wing of Iron Heights prison. They could have set them up right in Barry's lab with all the STAR Labs computers linked to the STAR Labs satellites.

Put Cait and Cisco in Barry's lab.  Recall that they had Julian in Barry's lab heading the metahuman wing of the CSI Division in S3.  Joe and Barry already work there. Cecile would be there since she already has an office at CCPD as the DA.  They'd already established since S1 that Iris visits the precinct often, so her being there wouldn't be unusual, and she could get info. for her articles. Perhaps Joe and Barry vouching for Ralph would have allowed Ralph to get his police job back or at least work as a consulting detective with CCPD in S4. 

STAR Labs would then just be a place to store technology that Cisco builds, the occasional talk with Gideon, when the team really needs to keep something private from the CCPD, and as storage for Barry's suits, which he can quickly run to get when needed. Now, he has the Flash ring, so that wouldn't even be necessary.

ETA: Even future daughter Nora fit in at CCPD as Barry's intern CSI.

Come to think of it, the only person who doesn't fit at CCPD is Wells. The team would have to explain why there's a version of the man they knew as Harrison Wells, murderer, alive; they'd also have to explain other Earths. So, perhaps STAR Labs is kept by the producers to allow one person, Tom Cavanaugh, to have a purpose and a job.

7 minutes ago, adora721 said:

Bringing this from another thread:

In S2, they had a great opportunity to reduce the central status of STAR Labs when they had Cisco consulting at CCPD and they established the CCPD Metahuman Task Force. They should have rolled STAR Labs personnel into that task force by the end of S2 or the start of S3, especially once they established a metahuman wing of Iron Heights prison. They could have set them up right in Barry's lab with all the STAR Labs computers linked to the STAR Labs satellites.

Put Cait and Cisco in Barry's lab.  Recall that they had Julian in Barry's lab heading the metahuman wing of the CSI Division in S3.  Joe and Barry already work there. Cecile would be there since she already has an office at CCPD as the DA.  They'd already established since S1 that Iris visits the precinct often, so her being there wouldn't be unusual, and she could get info. for her articles. Perhaps Joe and Barry vouching for Ralph would have allowed Ralph to get his police job back or at least work as a consulting detective with CCPD in S4. 

STAR Labs would then just be a place to store technology that Cisco builds, the occasional talk with Gideon, when the team really needs to keep something private from the CCPD, and as storage for Barry's suits, which he can quickly run to get when needed. Now, he has the Flash ring, so that wouldn't even be necessary.

ETA: Even future daughter Nora fit in at CCPD as Barry's intern CSI.

Come to think of it, the only person who doesn't fit at CCPD is Wells. The team would have to explain why there's a version of the man they knew as Harrison Wells, murderer, alive; they'd also have to explain other Earths. So, perhaps STAR Labs is kept by the producers to allow one person, Tom Cavanaugh, to have a purpose and a job.

No Star Labs exist to give Cisco, Caitlin, and Wells something to do. 

What you described is basically what we have now. I would love to see CCPD more, but it's still all the characters in one setting.

Also, Caitlin makes no sense at Barry's lab. She has no job with the CCPD and would have no business being there.

17 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

What you described is basically what we have now. I would love to see CCPD more, but it's still all the characters in one setting.

I totally agree that I'm describing a similar setup in terms of having a headquarters, but let's face it, every arm of law enforcement has an HQ. However, as members of the CCPD, more people, new people, and their stories are available to interact with Team Flash instead of the isolation that exists now in STAR Labs.  And while team Flash aren't considered vigilantes,  they are not deputized officers of the law either and they should be.

At CCPD,  each member can be assigned to different officers of the CCPD Metahuman Task Force. There are more options for comedy and drama since the team would be still be keeping major secrets from the department, not the least of which is the number of metas on the team.

There are opportunities for ride alongs that take each team member out into the community. Plus working with the police will also allow them to work with the FBI, CIA, and military (like Gen. Eiling), too. CCPD provides for a broader world to open up if the writers do it correctly. Think back to S1 when Eddie had interactons with Joe, Barry, and then other members of the team as he worked on cases throughout CC. It was a broader world because the writers/EPs cared back then to show us more of CC and the work of CCPD.  Gen Eiling and Stagg were connected only through EoWells. CCPD will allow for more connections.

Edited by adora721
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

All the characters, except whatever version of Wells, which would be ideal to me 🙂

• Love 1

TVLine posted their May Sweeps Preview for shows. No the Flash info yet, but the article says The Flash (among others) will be added later this week. Maybe they still needed to do the interviews?

Edit: In general I'm hoping for some more interviews. Obviously we had lots of interviews with Danielle last week, but in general it feels like there have been less interviews this year (though probably If I go back to search I'll find that it's been roughly the same amount, lol). A sizzle reel would be nice at least. Have any of the other arrowverse shows had a sizzle reel yet (I think Legends did have a trailer that covered more than one episode)?

Edited by RedVitC