Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

On October 17, 2016 at 0:57 PM, Proteus said:

The CW app posted this clip.

The video with Danielle and Carlos on the app also spoils that DC comics character Gypsie is coming to the show and will help Cisco.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Seems a Tom C. fansite already has some footage of 3x10. Seems Barry borrowed some of Olivers brooding

<video taken out>

So - I'm wondering if this is because Barry was trying to tamper with the timeline (to save Iris) and Wally messed it up?  He looke irrationally pissed.  Pretty sure no one else on the team knows yet what he saw of the future.

• Love 1

If Barry tries to time travel AGAIN in order to change events then I don't know how they can salvage the character. 

Season 1 - Barry traveled back, didn't change anything, but ended up getting at least Ronnie killed.

Season 2 - Barry traveled back, did change the past, and eventually ended up creating a present that's a bit crappier for most of his friends.

Season 3 cannot end with Barry traveling back to change something.

Now, if Barry is trying to work in the present to prevent the future he saw that's different.  It's not reasonable to expect him to do absolutely nothing differently after what he saw.  Maybe he should consider asking Iris to take a vacation over with Supergirl although it's not clear how well time syncs up between those two earths - we say that only a second passed during his adventure.

5 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

If Barry tries to time travel AGAIN in order to change events then I don't know how they can salvage the character. 

Season 1 - Barry traveled back, didn't change anything, but ended up getting at least Ronnie killed.

Season 2 - Barry traveled back, did change the past, and eventually ended up creating a present that's a bit crappier for most of his friends.

Season 3 cannot end with Barry traveling back to change something.

Now, if Barry is trying to work in the present to prevent the future he saw that's different.  It's not reasonable to expect him to do absolutely nothing differently after what he saw.  Maybe he should consider asking Iris to take a vacation over with Supergirl although it's not clear how well time syncs up between those two earths - we say that only a second passed during his adventure.

Yes - I meant that Barry was trying to do things differently in the present in the hopes that it will prevent the future he saw.

But honestly - he should have asked Supergirl to throw that box into the Sun for him instead of the speed force.  That was just a bad, bad idea.  That would just make Savitar stronger, wouldn't it?

So - I'm wondering if this is because Barry was trying to tamper with the timeline (to save Iris) and Wally messed it up?  He looke irrationally pissed.  Pretty sure no one else on the team knows yet what he saw of the future.

The guy they (Wally?) caught is the one the newscast mentioned right before Savitar killed Iris.  Barry's probably embracing his inner jackass because he thinks it's a sign that the future he saw is going to come true.

• Love 4

Yeah it seems like Barry lashing out because the future he saw is closer to coming true.

Poor Wally. Them give him a suit and let him help out, finally, and he's still getting yelled at. :(   I was looking forward to Barry playing the mentor role.

• Love 2
On 12/10/2016 at 4:23 PM, cambridgeguy said:

The guy they (Wally?) caught is the one the newscast mentioned right before Savitar killed Iris.  Barry's probably embracing his inner jackass because he thinks it's a sign that the future he saw is going to come true.

Yes - this is what I was referring to.  Barry knows that's the guy he heard in the future, so he was possibly trying NOT to catch him but Wally did it anyway... so Barry is angry because he sees a future he definitely doesn't want to happen as bearing down on him no matter what he does.

I just hope that they allow Iris to have an actual arc in all of this rather than everyone around her getting stuff to do while she's just *there* being fretted over.  You'd think that if someone saw a future where you die, you'd get to have your OWN arc and Point of View on it.

• Love 4
On 12/10/2016 at 1:23 PM, cambridgeguy said:

Not to mention that Wally flanking him as agreed upon then suddenly spinning out on his own is exactly what caused him to be so badly injured in Flashpoint, so I'm sure that's zipped right back to the forefront of Barry's mind again as well. 

• Love 1

http://tvline.com/2016/12/14/the-flash-casts-jessica-camacho-gypsy-season-3/

Gypsy is coming to teach Cisco (aka Vibe) some new tricks on The Flash.

Jessica Camacho (Sleepy Hollow) will guest-star during a Season 3 episode of the CW series as the DC Comics character, who was a member of the Justice League and the Birds of Prey in the canon, TVLine has confirmed.

Tenacious and tough-as-nails, Gypsy is an inter-dimensional bounty hunter on a mission to apprehend a wanted fugitive. The metahuman law dog will stop at nothing to hunt down her quarry and bring them to justice.

“Vibe will definitely get to learn some new skills as part of getting to know her,” actor Carlos Valdes (Cisco) teased during a recent episode of The CW’s Fan Feast digital series.

The Wrap first reported the news.

More fitted? Does this mean it's going to fully cover his head like Barry's? The current cut never quite worked for me, but if they give him a more traditional cowl how will anyone differentiate him from Reverse Flash? It seems dangerous enough having him be a speedster in a yellow suit as it is! Ah, well. I guess we'll see. Also, the casting process looks...just terrifying. 

Ask Ausiello:

Question: Help save The Flash‘s Iris West by telling us a little about her fate this season! —Tatiana

Ausiello: The best spin we can offer is that, having seen (himself see) his love get slain by Savitar in the not-too-distant future, Barry will do all that is in his power to avert that ending. “Obviously Barry loves Iris more than anything,” notes co-showrunner Aaron Helbing, “and now that he has gotten a glimpse of the future, the thrust of the back half of the season is Barry trying to do whatever it takes to save her” — with critical assists from both Cisco and Iris’ brother Wally, aka the newly christened Kid Flash.
BONUS SCOOP: Helbing warns not to assume that Iris’ death and Barry’s subsequent suffering account for two of Savitar’s three prophecies. “The future is malleable,” the EP notes. “Anything can happen.”

• Love 2
On 12/21/2016 at 4:04 PM, Trini said:

New promo!

Iris and Barry in bed! Together! In their new apartment!

Grant hasn't been shirtless since Season 1, I think.

I'm glad Barry tells Iris about the future he saw. I was wondering if they'd drag out the reveal for a couple episodes. Although, the time between this episode and the last is probably about the same as the winter break; so about a month and a half.

More use of Cisco's vibe powers. They're going to have to careful about that, if they make it too easy for him to vibe the future whenever he wants.

Suited up Wally! Now that they've given him his powers i hope they can use him better in the show. Barry having a protegé could be a good arc.

Killer Frost coming back? I did expect them to pick this thread back up, but not quite so soon.

The headlines on the board and on the news report:

• Captain West honored at City Hall (Wait, what about Captain Singh??)
  • Killer Frost still at large
  • STAR Labs Museum...
  • ... gets a 6-figure book deal
  • ... caught by Flash (Plunder most likely)

And then the theme of the episode is the Team trying to change events. It seems to me it would be more important to try and figure out how Savitar escaped/came back - I hope they bring this up on the show. Stopping events might not stop Savitar.

• Love 1

So there's a new promo out for 3.10 with a all new clips; Joe saying both his sons are heroes; Kid Flash introducing himself to Central City; Wally putting his suit on Barry's mannequin and Barry upset about it (heee!); Iris facing off against Plunder (and his gun!); and Barry telling Iris they'll face the future together and kissing her hands. Caitlin and Cisco also have couple of lines.

• Love 4

Winter Preview spoilers from TVLine -- although, I don't think there's actually much new info:

THE FLASH

“Now that Barry has gotten a glimpse of the future” — one in which Savitar slays Iris — “he will be trying to do whatever it takes to save her,” says co-showrunner Aaron Helbing. “Everybody will play a huge part in that, because Iris is part of the team.” (Maybe even former frenemy Julian will lend a hand? Having unwittingly served the sinister speed god, “He feels culpable, and wants to make amends.”)

But wait, wasn't Savitar dispatched with in the fall finale, imprisoned in the Speed Force? “That will be an itch that Barry can’t scratch,” says the EP. “Like, ‘How is this possible?'”

Team Flash members also have individual odysseys ahead of them. Helbing says there are “big, exciting plans” for Caitlin, stemming from her wrestling with her powers for the rest of the season; Cisco will find in the “badass” Gypsy “a very strong adversary” as well as “someone he can’t stop thinking about”; and Wally will continue to “go a little half-cocked” as Kid Flash.

Well, if Julian is going to be working with the Team, that puts him in a position to be the Betrayer....

“Borrowing Problems from the Future” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

BARRY FIGHTS FOR IRIS — Barry (Grant Gustin) is tormented by his vision of the future where Iris (Candice Patton) is murdered by Savitar. When a criminal named Plunder (guest star Stephen Huszar) shows up in Central City, Barry recalls the villain’s presence in his vision of the future and fears that if he catches Plunder, it will cement Iris’ fate. Confused about Barry’s hesitation to stop Plunder, Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale) decides to step in as Kid Flash. Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) offers Julian (Tom Felton) a job. Millicent Shelton directed the episode written by Grainne Godfree & David Kob (#310). Original airdate 1/24/2017.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Proteus said:

“Borrowing Problems from the Future” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

BARRY FIGHTS FOR IRIS — Barry (Grant Gustin) is tormented by his vision of the future where Iris (Candice Patton) is murdered by Savitar. When a criminal named Plunder (guest star Stephen Huszar) shows up in Central City, Barry recalls the villain’s presence in his vision of the future and fears that if he catches Plunder, it will cement Iris’ fate. Confused about Barry’s hesitation to stop Plunder, Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale) decides to step in as Kid Flash. Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) offers Julian (Tom Felton) a job. Millicent Shelton directed the episode written by Grainne Godfree & David Kob (#310). Original airdate 1/24/2017.

Ha!  I knew it.

I've never heard of Plunder, but he sounds like he should have a saber and eyepatch.   And an evil parrot sidekick that spews snarky insults perched on his shoulder.

Is Caitlin the Personnel Department for Star Labs now?  We haven't even figured out how she's getting paid and she's offering jobs to ex-villains.  

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Knew what? LOL.

That Barry would try to change the future (to save Iris) by not catching Plunder, and that Wally would beat him to it, not understanding why Barry hesitated (because Barry hasn't told anyone about what he saw yet).  That's why Barry's so pissed at Wally in the sneak peek.  See my posts further up the page, :)

9 minutes ago, phoenics said:

That Barry would try to change the future (to save Iris) by not catching Plunder, and that Wally would beat him to it, not understanding why Barry hesitated (because Barry hasn't told anyone about what he saw yet).  That's why Barry's so pissed at Wally in the sneak peek.  See my posts further up the page, :)

Ah, ok. :)

48 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I've never heard of Plunder, but he sounds like he should have a saber and eyepatch.   And an evil parrot sidekick that spews snarky insults perched on his shoulder.

Is Caitlin the Personnel Department for Star Labs now?  We haven't even figured out how she's getting paid and she's offering jobs to ex-villains.  

Heh! I bet the original character was based on a pirate.

If Barry owns STAR Labs, then technically Julian is working for Barry, right? Please let this be brought up. Barry and Julian's antagonistic dynamic was fun.

While it makes sense that Julian would have more scenes at STAR Labs now that he in on the secret, I hope this new 'job' doesn't mean he is not a CSI anymore. I don't think the show utilizes CCPD as well as it could.

• Love 1

Well, Black Flash/ex Zoom is coming back to the show, but with a twist:

“He’s a classic character, and we have storylines on multiple shows that fit having him return,” Kreisberg told reporters at the Television Critics Association winter press tour on Sunday. “There’s something so scary about him, even scarier than when he was just a man, because now he is the Grim Reaper, he is like the Devil. How do you stop the Devil? It presents an interesting challenge for the heroes of the respective shows in which he appears.”

So....I had to look up Black Flash in comics because I'm unsure on how Black Flash will fit not just on this show, but all of the other shows. The only speedsters are on this show. Not even Legends has  speedster so...how in the hell are they fitting him on shows like Legends and Arrow? I'm assuming he'll be popping in on Supergirl, but even that doesn't work for me. She's not a speedster either; she's an alien.

I don't get it. And with Teddy Sears busy on 24:Legacy, they might not even get him back for it. 

31 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, Black Flash/ex Zoom is coming back to the show, but with a twist:

So....I had to look up Black Flash in comics because I'm unsure on how Black Flash will fit not just on this show, but all of the other shows. The only speedsters are on this show. Not even Legends has  speedster so...how in the hell are they fitting him on shows like Legends and Arrow? I'm assuming he'll be popping in on Supergirl, but even that doesn't work for me. She's not a speedster either; she's an alien. 

She's an alien who has super-speed rivaling that of the speedsters themselves.  We just haven't seen her go full-throttle yet.

• Love 1

I'm guessing that Black Flash will be how Reverse Flash finally (hopefully!) gets defeated. What concerns me is how they they are going to be tying together that on Legends with all the stuff going on Savitar on The Flash. I doubt Black Flash will show up on Arrow or Supergirl, but Arrow has gotten pretty crazy lately.

Flash already has a second crossover event with Supergirl, I don't think we need a third with Legends.

----

Grodd two-parter, and a return to Earth-2;

“We’re going to have a two-part Grodd episode,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said at the Television Critics Association’s press tour on Sunday.

The two-parter will air across episodes 13 and 14, and feature Keith David lending his voice to the character of Solovar, a fellow sentient gorilla and the leader of Gorilla City.

The last fans saw of Grodd, the villain had been pushed through a breach, landing outside the gates of Gorilla City on Earth-2. “One of the [episodes] will take place in Gorilla City and one of them will take place on Earth-1,” Kreisberg says.

Excited to see Earth-2 again, and by that I mean seeing E-2 Iris and Barry! Hoping E-2 Barry gets his (probably mild) revenge on our Barry for kissing his wife.

I guess the good thing about this show having CGI and masked characters is that they can go all out for voice actors. Looking forward to Keith David!

• Love 2

Not new, but an expanded quote from Kreisberg about the musical crossover:

Above and beyond what we reported on Sunday, EP Andrew Kreisberg said that the two-parter — which starts on Supergirl — will not feel like a standalone for either show. “What I always loved about what Joss Whedon would do with [Buffy’s] ‘Hush’ or ‘The Body’ is he’d have these very special episodes, but they were intrinsic to the ongoing storytelling. So when we get to the musical episodes,” Kreisberg previewed, “both Barry and Kara will find themselves at pivotal crossroads on their respective series, and the experience of going through the musical will have a great impact on both series moving forward.”

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

New haircut to go with the new mask?

Barry's mask got tweaked around the middle of Season 1; I assume they're just making slight changes so it fits and looks better, now that Keiynan will be wearing it more often. Maybe they'll lose the chin piece(?) so it looks closer to the current comic look,  also since the top of the cowl is open, it would be more streamlined.

Barry's mask changed in season 1? I didn't even notice! I'll have to look at photos to compare the differences... Anyone know of good reference pics for that?

The top of the cowl thing being open just makes no sense to me. I always thought it looked kind of dumb in the comics. But not nearly as dumb as having female characters with ponytails hanging out.

Ronnie Raymond/Robbie Amell will make a return appearance:

Robbie Amell is slated to reprise his role as Ronnie Raymond in an upcoming episode of The Flash, EW has learned exclusively.

Details on how Amell will appear — whether in a different timeline in which he’s still alive or we’re meeting a doppelgänger from another universe — are being kept under wraps, but he’ll appear in a winter episode.

Hmm... but how? Dream/hallucination? Flashback? Yet another alternate universe character?

It might have something to do with Captain Cold, since he's being resurrected on Legends through time travel shenanigans but also making an appearance on The Flash.   Or it may have something to do with Killer Frost.  Maybe she re-emerges and they have to find alternate Ronnie to get Caitlin back.

I liked Robbie Amell in the role, so I'm glad to see him again. I'm kinda hoping it's NOT yet another Earth-X doppelganger. Also if Ronnie was lost in another dimension, they'd have to explain how he survived without Stein as his other half. (Not that they couldn't easily handwave that, but...)

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Trini said:

I liked Robbie Amell in the role, so I'm glad to see him again. I'm kinda hoping it's NOT yet another Earth-X doppelganger. Also if Ronnie was lost in another dimension, they'd have to explain how he survived without Stein as his other half. (Not that they couldn't easily handwave that, but...)

Given that Martin tried to send Jax back in time alone to save him and Jax's response was "You'll die," I think they've implied that logic only applies to Martin who's older and weaker. Not a hundred percent sure, though.

“Dead or Alive” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

DC COMICS’ GYPSY ARRIVES ON EARTH-1 – H.R.’s (Tom Cavanagh) past catches up with him when a bounty hunter with vibe powers named Gypsy (guest star Jessica Camacho) arrives in Central City to bring him back to Earth-19 to stand trial for his crime. It turns out inter-dimensional travel is illegal on their Earth. H.R. surrenders but when Barry (Grant Gustin) and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) find out that H.R.’s only hope would be to challenge Gypsy to a fight to the death, they intercede and Cisco offers to fight Gypsy instead. Harry Jierjian directed the episode with story by Benjamin Raab and Deric A. Hughes and teleplay by Zack Stentz (#311). Original airdate 1/31/2017.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Proteus said:

“Dead or Alive” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

DC COMICS’ GYPSY ARRIVES ON EARTH-1 – H.R.’s (Tom Cavanagh) past catches up with him when a bounty hunter with vibe powers named Gypsy (guest star Jessica Camacho) arrives in Central City to bring him back to Earth-19 to stand trial for his crime. It turns out inter-dimensional travel is illegal on their Earth. H.R. surrenders but when Barry (Grant Gustin) and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) find out that H.R.’s only hope would be to challenge Gypsy to a fight to the death, they intercede and Cisco offers to fight Gypsy instead. Harry Jierjian directed the episode with story by Benjamin Raab and Deric A. Hughes and teleplay by Zack Stentz (#311). Original airdate 1/31/2017.

It figures that H.R. would be a wanted criminal on his own Earth.  Good thing he's growing on the gang at S.T.A.R. Labs.

• Love 1