Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Judge's Chambers

• Start Topic

Welcome to the JJ therapy forum!  Lovin' it.  It's nice that we can come from different backgrounds, different beliefs, (aside from the whole JJ thing, of course!), even different decades, and can still be respectful, courteous, and empathetic. While I don't agree with everyone every time, and I know not everyone agrees with  me, I find it wonderfully comforting that we are able to share our thoughts and opinions and occasional rants, and for the most part, everyone is able to have a good time. 

I also like to think that no matter how different we are, if any of you needed me, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Maybe even in an insured vehicle!

Thanks, friends!

• Love 4

if any of you needed me, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Can you borrow me some money? I need to get a much bigger flatscreen, like 50". Sorry, couldn't help that. I agree with everything you say!

A preview for one of today's episode has a guy telling JJ that he has ten children.

You mean "Danny Boy." I believe he said he has "about" ten kids, and one of the baby mommas is JJ's daughter.

[yt]

[/yt]

• Love 1

If you're only looking for a roll in the hay, you don't need to go looking for qualities beyond what's below the waistline

Even my friend who was a Great Big Ole Tramp until well into his 30s (and then only slowed it down a little) says "Eventually you have to be able to have a conversation with them.

• Love 4

You mean "Danny Boy." I believe he said he has "about" ten kids, and one of the baby mommas is JJ's daughter

No. Not this imbecile. I believe  Auntie Pam  is  referring to a litigant seen in the previews of  a new (or newish) episode.

• Love 2

Even my friend who was a Great Big Ole Tramp until well into his 30s (and then only slowed it down a little) says "Eventually you have to be able to have a conversation with them.

Here's that conversation:

A: i'll talk to you later.

B: Bye.

• Love 4

No. Not this imbecile. I believe  Auntie Pam  is  referring to a litigant seen in the previews of  a new (or newish) episode.

There's two imbeciles with about 10 kids? Can't wait.

You left out, "Can you borrow me cab fare?"

Or borrow me the money to pay off the lien on my 1997 Grand Prix.

• Love 2

Oh, good grief, AngelaHunter!  That video!!!  21 freaking years old???  And pays not a nickel for any of 'em, I'll bet. "It's your show, but it's my episode!" OMG.  Cousins looked like a couple of fine, upstanding, young men, too.  Yick. I'm surprised your computer isn't self-destructing with that trash lurking on it!

As for borrowing you money, yeah, you just keep thinkin' that, sweet cheeks...

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 1

Hey teebax, I remember Room 222. Karen Valentine, Michael Constantine, and the two Black teachers who liked each other. Cute show.

I went to Catholic school and a nun spanked a girl once, and did use rulers on guys' knuckles. Rarely.

• Love 3

It's that time of year when we're all getting our "income taxes back." 

Channel 55 in Riverhead seems to have dropped the 10 pm repeats on Saturdays and Sundays in favor of some godforsaken skin-treatment infomercial.  Still get her judyness at 10:30, but it's not the same.

For you pit bull followers: had a kid come in to our office recently that was attacked by a neighbor's supposedly friendly pit bull. The dog mauled the kid's face pretty seriously requiring three hours of surgery to fix, plus they have to go back to the plastic surgeon for more work to be done. I obviously can't post a picture of the kid (HIPPA violation - what I have posted was told to me by the grandmother as random conversation, not part of the medical treatment) but it's heartbreaking to see a little kid with a face that will be messed up for the rest of her life because somebody didn't make sure the dog was put up. 

• Love 4

supposedly friendly

I really wish law enforcement would press serious criminal charges on these owners.  The threat of a lawsuit doesn't mean squat to people that have no assets and don't pay any of their obligations. 

• Love 5

It doesn't help matters any that you have the pro-bully crowd, who show up at ANY dogbite story to say it's not the dog's fault.  And technically, it isn't, but they're the same crowd who incessantly post photos of Pits and kids together, quote out soundbytes about other dogs that bite more, and share the now-debunked "Nanny Dog" history lesson.  Many are also heavily involved in Pit rescue.  Many of those people are part of the problem, not the solution.  I know some lovely Pits - seriously - both mixed and full blooded.  Their owners have either owned/were raised around Pits long-term, or they did what responsible dog owners are supposed to do, and that's read up on how to correctly raise that breed.  They all have gotten their dogs from reputable sources, and ensured they did not come from dogs raised to fight.  They don't dock their ears or tails.  They properly socialize the dogs, and know the limits of their dogs.  I don't mind playing with their dogs.  I don't fear their dogs.  But if someone has a Pit, and they can't tell me where it came from (or then can, and the answer is "a rescue"), and they haven't taken the steps to properly socialize the dog, then I won't go near it.  I absolutely love animals - I really do.  I'm a regular donator to a number of animal charities, and my cats are my kids.  But sometimes, when a dog - who can be aggressive if not handled properly to start with - is rescued from an extremely abusive situation, or a fighting situation, I'm not certain it should be given back out to someone who may or may not know what they're doing, and it should be sterilized before being adopted, because aggression in Pits is  getting worse, and the attacks are more common, and I think it's because we're generations deep into fighting dogs that are being let loose on society as "rescued pets".  Truly sad.  No winners in this situation.

• Love 5

They properly socialize the dogs, and know the limits of their dogs.  I don't mind playing with their dogs.  I don't fear their dogs.

I have a ten year old pug that's missing half her teeth and a 2 year old granddaughter. She is NEVER left alone with the dog. I watch her and don't let her pull the dog's tail or poke at her eyes, even though she is a very patient good natured dog. They also have a boxer at home that plays with her but again, she is NEVER left alone with either dog. Now even if my pug bites her hard, she might have a little pinch mark or scratch. Even a perfectly well behaved loving pit bull has a limit but if that dog decides to bite there's a big tragedy ahead because a pit bull is just stronger and more aggressive by nature. I don't understand why people don't GET this. Your dog is an ANIMAL, not an extension of yourself. Treat it like an animal that has limits and don't try and pretend your perfectly behaved dog can't mess up a person big time if the dog acts LIKE A DOG. It only takes one time. 

***steps off soap box***

• Love 5

Even a perfectly well behaved loving pit bull has a limit but if that dog decides to bite there's a big tragedy ahead because a pit bull is just stronger and more aggressive by nature.

They were never bred to be aggressive to people. Just the opposite, as the dog-fight afficiando scumbags of old had to be able to step into the pit and break up a fight without being bitten. The rare dog that turned on the handler was killed. Look at the kinds of people we see on this show who have dogs that bite, no matter the breed. The new-age scumbags, in whose hands any dog would be a liability.

Anyone who leaves a todder or small child alone with any animal is an idiot.

• Love 4

Its like "Well, DUR, maybe we won't make a baby this time, the odds are on our side!"

I really doubt most of them think about it even that much. I remember a couple of times when JJ asked "Why don't you use birth control?" (usually to some 20 year old with three kids). The answer most often is a look of confusion and a variation of "I just don't."  And really, why would you? Just pop 'em out. Someone else will pay for them.  They think no further ahead than does a cat in heat.

• Love 4

Yes, who better to moralize to unwed parents, drug addicts, and brawling drunks than our nation's finest intellect, Sarah Palin?

Maybe she should hold her first case at her own house.

Who needs a degree? Actually knowing the law is just a formality. She has so many other qualities:

"Palin's telegenic personality, wide appeal and common sense wisdom make her a natural for this kind of format

If you haven't read the comments, you might want to. The snark is first-rate.

The woman doesn't even know what a sentence is.

• Love 1

Possible names for her show:

Judge Mental Patient

Judge and Jury (with Jesus)

Everybody Loves the Death Penalty - The cases are REAL! The people are REAL! The rulings are DEATH BY LETHAL INJECTION!

The Judge in the Glass House

No Experience Required

I'm Quitting After Ten Episodes

Honest to Christ, people, I think the US is through the looking glass at this point. This person - with ZERO experience and ZERO intellect might have been a heartbeat away from the presidency but instead had to settle for a life in reality television because she feels entitled to hold on to her 15 minutes. And now, a person best known for his reality television career, with a similar temperment ("Oh, I said something stupid? IT'S THE MEDIA'S FAULT!") and absence of intellect, is poised to become the president because he feels entitled to the position.

I need a drink. Preferably several.

Palin must have found out how much JJ makes so she decided "I can do that!"

I can only imagine her high pitched voice ruling on the losers that she'll have to listen to!

• Love 1

You do know that the media is feeding us horsecrap every single day, right?  They have scripts now and are told what to tell us (and ESPECIALLY) what NOT to tell us.  You cannot trust the evening news anymore.

• Love 2
Yep.  Or maybe the movie "Network".

God, I fucking love that movie.

Related Network quote:

Am I getting through to you, Mr. Beale? You get up on your little twenty-one inch screen and howl about America and democracy. There is no America. There is no democracy. There is only IBM, and ITT, and AT&T, and DuPont, Dow, Union Carbide, and Exxon. Those are the nations of the world today. What do you think the Russians talk about in their councils of state, Karl Marx? They get out their linear programming charts, statistical decision theories, minimax solutions, and compute the price-cost probabilities of their transactions and investments, just like we do. We no longer live in a world of nations and ideologies, Mr. Beale. The world is a college of corporations, inexorably determined by the immutable bylaws of business. The world is a business, Mr. Beale. It has been since man crawled out of the slime. And our children will live, Mr. Beale, to see that... perfect world... in which there's no war or famine, oppression or brutality. One vast and ecumenical holding company, for whom all men will work to serve a common profit, in which all men will hold a share of stock. All necessities provided, all anxieties tranquilized, all boredom amused. And I have chosen you, Mr. Beale, to preach this evangel.

There is only IBM, and ITT, and AT&T, and DuPont, Dow, Union Carbide, and Exxon. Those are the nations of the world today.

If that movie came out today they'd need to change a few things: "... Union Carbide, Exxon, Kim Kardashian's ass, Honey BooBoo, Reddit, gender identity and Facebook. Those are the concerns of the world today."

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 3
AZChristian, on 13 Apr 2016 - 3:03 PM, said:

No thanks- I like PreviouslyTV a lot better.  No mods with PMS and changing rules.  

I'm with AZChristian. After being unceremoniously booted from TwoP, I'm inclined to stay here. Plus, and maybe it's just me, but advertising another forum on this one is kind of not right.

• Love 4

Plus, and maybe it's just me, but advertising another forum on this one is kind of not right.

I don't have any skin in this game, I wasn't trying to promote anything, just thought it was interesting. Point taken though, I wasn't sure about posting it to begin with, so I've deleted my original post.

• Love 1

I don't have any skin in this game, I wasn't trying to promote anything, just thought it was interesting. Point taken though, I wasn't sure about posting it to begin with, so I've deleted my original post.

It was probably okay.  After all, I think most of us found this site because of something shared on the other site.

What bugged me most about the other place was the "boards on boards" rule.  It was like being with friends in a particular place, and not being allowed to talk about that place. 

Also TWOP Howard.  Gah! 

• Love 9

I thought the news was interesting and I wouldn't have known about it otherwise, so thanks for posting!  I'll probably check out the new site out of curiosity, but I don't have high hopes for it.  I agree with everyone here who's happily adapted to life at PTV.

• Love 4

Okay, so it IS just me!  Sorry Eln5.

No harm AngelaHunter. It gave me the chance to explain that I wasn't affiliated with them, and most definitely not one of the above mentioned moderators from over there infiltrating this nice place :)

• Love 1