Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Coda: Speculation and Live Chat

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

I'm going to predict a friendly fire death.  Things are going well (as well as can be expected in a hostage situation) and then, oopsie!  Someone in Camp Dinner Bell is accidentally shot by someone else in Camp Dinner Bell.  

• Love 2

If someone dies, I feel like the obvious choice would be Carol, Beth, or anyone involved in the hospital group. Which is almost why I think it's someone completely random for the shock factor.

I'm hopeful for an exciting episode and a refresh for the back half.

• Love 1

Can't wait to see Daryl walk into the hospital and find Beth eating Carol. Or Carol eating Beth?

I just hope NR has worked on his 'crying face'. Maybe that's why all the articles say he cried for an hour before shooting because he didn't want to shed a tear on screen---because he got made fun of last time, in a thousand memes.

• Love 2

Isn't the curse of the Walking Dead that once a character has their backstory focused on for an episode, they are dunzo?

So I guess Beth (which is fine), Reverend ScaredyPants (good) and....Carol? No!! Possibly Sasha...

• Love 2

Can't wait to see Daryl walk into the hospital and find Beth eating Carol. Or Carol eating Beth?

I just hope NR has worked on his 'crying face'. Maybe that's why all the articles say he cried for an hour before shooting because he didn't want to shed a tear on screen---because he got made fun of last time, in a thousand memes.

That story is what makes me so worried about Carol. The only death that would be worse than Carol, that could be described as "devastating" to Daryl and difficult to film for Norman, is Judith. And I feel a little wrong about hoping that Judith dies instead of Carol.

• Love 2

If someone dies, I feel like the obvious choice would be Carol, Beth, or anyone involved in the hospital group. Which is almost why I think it's someone completely random for the shock factor.

I'm hopeful for an exciting episode and a refresh for the back half.

I feel like Carol is the obvious choice, so it won't be her. Unless it's obvious that she's the obvious choice, so it will be her.

Rooting for a Beth Death. Rooting for the hospital plot to be resolved without dragging into the second half of the season. Overall with the episode I'm gonna set my expectations low and hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

Also, what the heck are we gonna do for 3 months?!?!

• Love 3

I know!!!

I wish we could write some webisode type mini-eps.

Not shippy (Unless you want.)

Like filling in stuff we missed:

• What happened during that winter between the fall of the farm, and the finding of the prison?
  • What happened between Rick and Morgan parting, and Morgan being the Mayor of Crazytown?
  • What happened at the Greene family farm, when "Mom and Shaun and Lacey" turned? Were they bit? What did Maggie and Herschel and Beth see?
  • What was it like when Michonne and Mike and his friend and Andre left for the camp? When they got there?
  • Love 4

Judith is adorable. I can't even imagine her getting killed off. But.......I keep thinking of the reality of keeping a baby quiet, well fed, diapered, free of diaper rash, etc.etc.etc. I wonder if the writers might at some point go for the most shocking thing they can and kill her off, to streamline the plot. Imagine the pathos and angst milage they would get out of it. 

• Love 5

Just watched the promo on AMC.

My guess, Beth and Dawn will have a verbal and physical confrontation.

Near the elevator shaft, where she will overpower Dawn and they both fall to their deaths below.

Rick and/or Daryl will get there and see their bodies down there.

• Love 1

My prediction would be Beth to die, as it sounds like the actress is interested in a career in the music industry. Though - the show kind of lacks characters in her age range, I'd be happy to see her survive.

I'm predicting Carol to survive, as she's now a very deep and kick-ass character... and I don't think the actress has any interest in leaving (I believe this was her first big role).

A totally unpredictable death would be amazing though, Daryl is a long shot, but who knows.... I didn't watch the show back then but people told me that Andrea's death when it happened was a massive shock to the fans?

• Love 1

I do keep wondering about Judith. They seem to want us to invest in Gabriel, so I wouldn't think they'd want him to set up a situation where Judith is killed, but would this be their way of letting her go (and having it be at a point where she truly should have been safe)?

I hope not.

• Love 1

I was shocked when Andrea died. At the time I thought she was too prominent of a character to kill, as she was technically the lead female on the show, and the other technical lead female (Lori) had died the same season. The whole thing was a huge mess, as they waited a long time to even make the decision, and then they had to go back and film different scenes as supposedly Laurie Holden and/or TPTB were unhappy with the original, gorier versions. 

I wasn't really reading spoilers at the time so I don't know if it was spoiled.

I do keep wondering about Judith. They seem to want us to invest in Gabriel, so I wouldn't think they'd want him to set up a situation where Judith is killed, but would this be their way of letting her go (and having it be at a point where she truly should have been safe)?

I hope not.

We know that Gabriel left an opening back at the church. And the sneak peak of tonight's episode showed the glass at the school finally cracking under pressure from all those walkers trying to get to him. I think it's reasonable to speculate that they break out, chase him back to the church, follow him through the crawlspace and up inside, and get Judith. Imagine the conflict that would cause between Rick and Michonne. Good stories can come out of that.

It's tougher to predict how that might significantly alter Daryl's journey, though. That's why I'm not sure it won't be Carol anyway.

• Love 1

I was shocked when Andrea died. At the time I thought she was too prominent of a character to kill, as she was technically the lead female on the show, and the other technical lead female (Lori) had died the same season. The whole thing was a huge mess, as they waited a long time to even make the decision, and then they had to go back and film different scenes as supposedly Laurie Holden and/or TPTB were unhappy with the original, gorier versions.

I wasn't really reading spoilers at the time so I don't know if it was spoiled.

If I remember correctly it was due to Gimble taking over as show runner. He didn't like the original take which, had Andrea die as a victim, she never escaped from the chair. Gimbel had them go back and reshoot the ending to give the character more agency. He also reshot some of the Merle/Michonne scenes in the Merle episode but I don't know what changes were made. Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I've got money on Beth biting it tonight, but I have a feeling Carol won't see season six's première.  I'm also thinking something's going to happen at the church and the Washington group are going to arrive in the nick of time and they'll all ride for Atlanta and a dramatic opening to the second half of the season.

Laurie Holden really was screwed over during the Glen Mazzara era.

The actress had to constantly try to defend Andrea' stupid actions and choices.

In hindsight, I'd agree with who called her demise a mercy kill.

The original version of her death was tedious and ridiculous.

With Tyrese and either Sasha or some random extra finding her in that room.

Kudos to Nicotero for going back to reshoot Holden's final bow. 

With Andrew, Danai,Chad, Norman and Dallas Roberts all flying back for the do over.

At least she got a decent send off and Andrea chance to say goodbye.

• Love 4

I've got money on Beth biting it tonight, but I have a feeling Carol won't see season six's première. I'm also thinking something's going to happen at the church and the Washington group are going to arrive in the nick of time and they'll all ride for Atlanta and a dramatic opening to the second half of the season.

i agree with that spec, although my money's on Carol dying tonight and Beth later this season.

We know that Gabriel left an opening back at the church. And the sneak peak of tonight's episode showed the glass at the school finally cracking under pressure from all those walkers trying to get to him. I think it's reasonable to speculate that they break out, chase him back to the church, follow him through the crawlspace and up inside, and get Judith. Imagine the conflict that would cause between Rick and Michonne. Good stories can come out of that.

That would be very cool because they've spent so much time on showing how they made the church impregnable to invasion...that can go bad if they need to go out---as with walkers boiling up out of the floor! I considered a fire; what with all the Consumed and references to ashes and burning etc. But it would be very much in keeping with the show sometimes laying heavy emphasis on stuff that comes up later...boarding up windows and barricading doors could be a spectacular backfire.

Had Andrea survived, I believe the character would've improved on Gimple's watch.

Like Carol did, she was supposed to die that same season  as well.

Was it ever revealed, why Mazzara was fired? 

The rumor I read/heard, was that he wanted to "shake things up" by killing off Rick or Darryl.

Edited by MrsRafaelBarba
  • Love 1

Since they've made us complacent with walkers, like they're more of a nuisance than a problem(oh, hey, grab me a snack and would you just reach down and shank that walker on the way if you have a free hand?), I'm feeling like the only way to make them scary again is like a mega-mega-mega-herd swarming in like ants and overpowering the humans. I've kind of expected one of those sorts of herds to show up at the church in tonight's episode, and the mental image of walkers 'boiling up out of the floor' (great phrase!) meshes well with that. Thank you guys for talking me down to 70 days--that's not so bad, right?

• Love 3

It's tougher to predict how that might significantly alter Daryl's journey, though. That's why I'm not sure it won't be Carol anyway.

I could definitely see it happening. I'd hate it, and I'd hate seeing any conflict between Rick and Michonne over it (as it would just lead to fan wars, like it did with Carol and Rick last season). I'd also hate seeing Michonne blame herself for another child. But I won't be surprised. 

Either it will happen, or the DC gang will save them in the nick of time. 

I do wonder where they will take Gabriel after this.

The doors were barricaded with the pews that Sasha hacked apart.

Edited to speculate that this could come back to bite someone (Judith?) in the ass. What if the school zombies swarm up through Fr. Gabriel's escape hatch? Can Michonne & Carl pry the boards off the door quickly enough?

Edited by editorgrrl
  • Love 2

I can't see Carl barricading himself in without an exit strategy.  This is the guy who believes no place is safe for long.  He's got a plan.  He'll chew through the walls if he has to in order to get his baby sister to safety.

• Love 2

I could definitely see it happening. I'd hate it, and I'd hate seeing any conflict between Rick and Michonne over it (as it would just lead to fan wars, like it did with Carol and Rick last season). I'd also hate seeing Michonne blame herself for another child. But I won't be surprised. 

It's pretty sad that people go nuts like that.  Same as the stupid shipping wars over Daryl.  I truly hate to think that the show runners really have to consider setting off a bunch of fans every time they make a move, but I suspect that they do.  

• Love 2

The doors were barricaded with the pews that Sasha hacked apart.

Edited to speculate that this could come back to bite someone (Judith?) in the ass. What if the school zombies swarm up through Fr. Gabriel's escape hatch? Can Michonne & Carl pry the boards off the door quickly enough?

My guess is that Pee pee runs back to the church and shimmies back  under like a possum, and the zombies follow suit. 

Find out who the blue eyed guy on the Lenscrafters commercial is?   I would be much obliged if someone would. 

• Love 2

I can't see Carl barricading himself in without an exit strategy.  This is the guy who believes no place is safe for long.  He's got a plan.  He'll chew through the walls if he has to in order to get his baby sister to safety.

I want to agree, but with the idiot plotting of last week I'm not sure what to expect.

• Love 3

It would just be so cruel if after Michonne and Carl trusted Gabriel (they're the only ones of the group who ever did), Judith paid the price. 

Poor Seth Gilliam would probably have to hire a bodyguard with some of the crazy fans out there. 

I hope I'm just panicked over nothing.

• Love 2