Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

I ADORE Walter Bishop, but I legit hated everything about his character in Sleepy Hollow, so I hear you.

I don't blame Noble for the SH mess of s2. I thought when he was the Sin Eater that was great, but when they switched gears to prop Katrina at the expense of the rest of the entire show...I almost quit. But they have really turned that entire sinking ship around quite nicely I have to say.

I can't blame JJ Abrams for Lost, he stopped being involved in the show after the first season. Lost is the blame of Lindelof and Cuse. Although Cuse has made it up to me with Bates Motel. 

It's not him so much I'm worried about. He wasn't responsible for the prequels that is what I have to go off of right now. 

Yeah, I think Alias was probably the last show with JJ's name on it where he actually had day to day involvement.

I was such a huge a fan-girl for Fringe that at the time it I couldn't admit to myself that seasons 4 and 5 were not great. I see it now though.

I'm one of the few that actually liked how Lost ended and I'm glad I didn't harbor any resentment towards Lindelof, or else I probably wouldn't have started watching The Leftovers which, IMO, is the best show on tv right now. I got the chance to meet Damon at the ATX festival this year and he was super nice, although his panel made it pretty clear that all the backlash from Lost messed him up pretty bad for a while.

I'm one of the few that actually liked how Lost ended and I'm glad I didn't harbor any resentment towards Lindelof, or else I probably wouldn't have started watching The Leftovers which, IMO, is the best show on tv right now.

I never really watched Lost , but YESSSSSS re: The Leftovers. Imo it's the best thing on TV too. I have NO IDEA how they manage to turn crazy bananapants weird shit into this fucking lyrical storytelling, but they are certainly doing it.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 1

I expect the upcoming Star Wars movie is going to be terrible.  That has not stopped me from getting a Star Wars The Force Awakens T-shirt, and won't stop me from getting a ticket, because, well, Millennium Falcon.

• Love 1

I expect the upcoming Star Wars movie is going to be terrible. That has not stopped me from getting a Star Wars The Force Awakens T-shirt, and won't stop me from getting a ticket, because, well, Millennium Falcon.

I find your lack of faith disturbing

• Love 8

I never really watched Lost , but YESSSSSS re: The Leftovers. Imo it's the best thing on TV too. I have NO IDEA how they manage to turn crazy bananapants weird shit into this fucking lyrical storytelling, but they are certainly doing it.

It's so fucking good, and the performances are out of this world. I don't know how they do it, but they have somehow crafted this world where nothing makes sense, but anything feels possible. I am totally captivated when I watch and it resonates with me in a way I can't explain.

• Love 1

Well with the extended episode orders and the CW schedule rearrangements, I'm finding myself wondering what happened to Containment? Did they just lose faith in it?

It wasn't really my kind of show, but it was on my radar because Claudia Black was in it.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

I've been flip-flopping on whether to ask this question, because everybody seems so much in agreement that it could be seen as trolling...but here it is. Is there someone else not looking forward to the new Starwars?

Because:

1) I dislike pretty much everything JJ Abrams has ever done. (I heard he did good for Star Trek but I don't like Star Trek...the way I don't like Laurel).

2) The only sequel I'd ever accept is an adaptation of  the Timothy Zahn trilogy (and the duology that followed, but it was pretty much damage control with all the crap made in between imo, so I don't know if it could be relevant in a non-crappy timelime). I was OK with waiting for ten or fifteen more years for that.

Come and sit next to me!  Those are my two issues with the new SW.  And I really hated the first ST reboot.  HAATE!!  The only thing that saved the second one was Benedict Cumberbach and that I really love Khan to begin with.  I really enjoyed the entire Universe the novels created and with TFA, it's all gone.

I am going to go see it, but I'm waiting for the Sunday after Christmas to go to the 16 plex (It's attached to a mall and where I live, we still have blue laws.)

Edited by MSquared
  • Love 1

I find your lack of faith disturbing

I embraced the Dark Side long ago. Membership in the Dark Side includes total awareness of the many, many things that could go wrong here.

Even if I'm going to be literally wearing the T-shirt :)

• Love 2

I'm cautiously optimistic for the new Star Wars movie, but still shudder when I think about those terrible prequels. I won't even let my kids watch them. The Lego versions get the point across and without Hayden Christiansen. My kids were totally grossed out by Anakin and Padme getting together. "So wait…he's a kid…and she's a grown up…and they're like…Luke and Leia's parents? Ewwww…"

Because I'm hedging my bets, I will wear Star Wars shirts, but none with The Force Awakens on them…

I actually liked the new Star Trek movies. Well, I liked the first one and parts of the second. But despite liking Benedict Cumberbatch as an actor, and not to say he did a bad job in Into Darkness, but I was pretty disappointed that they cast a white guy as Khan. I know Ricardo Montalbano was not Indian either, but it interfered with my enjoyment. And Alice Eve was totally miscast as well.

• Love 2

I am kind of surprised that everyone is so excited for these since the last 3 Star Wars were terrible. They are the most recent reminders, yet everyone is hopeful again without much reason IMO. 

It's not like Marvel, who have yet put out a really terrible movie. All of their movies have been great to okay, so I trust them and will go see any movie they put out. Star Wars hasn't earned my trust back yet. I do want to see the Force Awakens but I'm still a little wary about it. 

I'm excited for the new Star Wars movie precisely because the prequels were so awful.  I can now pretend those movies never happened.  Surely that original three matter to this new movie sooo much more than anything in the prequels?  It's the difference between history and ANCIENT history.  With this movie, the prequels stop mattering. 

The only good thing about the prequels was the effects but otherwise they suffered from the problem all prequels suffer - why should we care?  Followed by - yeah, I already knew that.  Ending with - my imagination was a lot better.  (Toss in the ick factor, the still not sure why he went dark factor or why she died in child birth -  A broken heart?  Really?  Oh and that Obi Wan was the victor simply by gaining the higher ground - and yeah, the part where he killed toddlers - what a fricken mess.  )

Now we are starting fresh and we get to keep the pretty effects and get to have at least a shot at a good story.  And I do have a lot of faith in JJ Abrams.  Dude does good pilot.  He doesn't always have staying power when telling a story but between him being a huge fan boy for the original trio (thus looking out IMO for my interests) and having a good track history with action and female characters and projecting that big grand scale epic feel, yeah, I think we have a real good shot at putting The Force Awakens in the win column for the franchise. 

I mean after Episode III, it's not like the bar is set very high. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

I liked EP3 quite a bit and I liked how LOST ended and stuck with Fringe throughout. I LOVED Alias and the first Star Trek reboot film. So I would totally be in line for the new Star Wars...except well....I didn't get a ticket, but I'll definitely go see it.

I stood in line 4 times for Empire Strikes Back back in the day. I'm hardcore. LOL

Moving reply from News and Media:

What? Not enjoying the lead playing house with the woman that raped him, tried to kiil all the cast at some time and was the catalyst that turned the love of his life into an evil monster leading to her death?

Ah no. I'm still seething. LOL. I haven't been this angry about a show in a loooong time. I haven't watched any of this season but I've been reading the recaps and reaction threads so I know what's going on.

Claire Coffee is a talented actress, I will not deny that, but as far as I'm concerned Adalind outlived her usefulness to the show a couple of seasons ago, and the idea of her and Nick playing house after what she did makes me ill. :(

I should clarify that I don't actually hate Adalind, but it seems like the writers have been coming with increasingly ridiculous storylines for her over the last couple of seasons in an attempt to keep her relevant to the show, and this latest idea of shoehorning her in as Nick's new LI after their history is, IMO, the worst yet.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

ETA: I should clarify that I don't actually hate Adalind, but it seems like the writers have been coming with increasing ridiculous storylines for her over the last couple of seasons in an attempt to keep her relevant to the show, and this latest idea of shoehorning her in as Nick's new LI after their history is, IMO, the worst yet.

You are not wrong.  I think what happened with Juliette was sooo over the top that I moved to a place with the show where I'm not that invested in the emotional storyline for Nick anymore.  Touch Rosealee or Monroe and I will cut you but Nick?  Meh?  He's already broken.  Nothing more can hurt him so as long as the show keeps me from being bored, I'm willing to go with it.  Now this last week's episode with Adalind and Nick was NOT entertaining.  It was horribly boring and awkward and really dumb but next week there is a giant rat!

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

It was horribly boring and awkward and really dumb but next week there is a giant rat!

Hahaha ok I have to laugh. :) Grimm in a nutshell.

I get it. It just....the whole thing with Juliette and Adalind and now where they're going this season....it just pushed all my buttons in a way that rarely happens with me. I can't watch a show when I'm grinding my teeth in rage. :)

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

I stopped watching Grimm ages ago because I dislike they way they STOLE the baby form Adeline and Nick was coming off to me as a hypocrite and a bit Xenophobic. And Captain sexy-pants didn't take his shirt off enough!!!

• Love 1

All about Grimm/Adiland.

I don't like that they're trying to play a romance between Nick/Adiland it's icky considering she pretty much raped him.  I don't have a problem with redeeming Adiland, I'm a bit sympathetic to her  since her actions at the end of S3 and in S4 were based on the desire to get her daughter back and anger/revenge driven at the people that took Diana away from her.  

However, it's the fact that they're writing Nick/Adiland as a potential romance that is keeping me away (well one reason, I'm also dreading Juliette's return so I'm staying firmly gone).  I think the Nick/Adiland relationship would work best as a frienemy relation, with some begrudging respect/care due to their forced spot in each others lives. 

Nick: I don't like you but you're the mother of my child and I won't take you away from him or let anyone else take you away...as long as you behave. 

Adiland: I don't like you but I need your protection for me and my son since I no longer have powers so I'll behave just don't get in my way.

That relationship would work for me but instead they're playing house and having awkward dinners and sharing beds.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
I've been flip-flopping on whether to ask this question, because everybody seems so much in agreement that it could be seen as trolling...but here it is. Is there someone else not looking forward to the new Starwars?

Raises hand. I'm not planning to see it. Heck, I didn't even see the three prequels and I was working for Twentieth Century Fox when they were released. Although I may cave if it ends up being really good.

I don't feel strongly about J.J. Abrams either way. I liked Felicity, most of Lost and some of Alias, liked both STs with a slight preference for the first one, and thought his book 'S.' was interesting.

Happy to hear the Crazy Ex-Girlfriend news even though I find myself cringing a lot while watching it, much like when I watched Curb Your Enthusiasm. Actually, I probably cringed less when watching Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Hoping to get started on Jessica Jones, Master of None, The Man in the High Castle and Into the Badlands over the holiday weekend.

Edited by dcinmb
  • Love 1
However, it's the fact that they're writing Nick/Adiland as a potential romance that is keeping me away (well one reason, I'm also dreading Juliette's return so I'm staying firmly gone).  I think the Nick/Adiland relationship would work best as a frienemy relation, with some begrudging respect/care due to their forced spot in each others lives. 

I would like it better, too. I don't think that Nick needs a LI -to be honest, I never thought he did- and I don't understand why the writers are rushing in this direction with Adalind. But I must admit that the actors have chemistry and I want to hate their scenes on the principle, but I can't. I like their interactions, even though I'm eye rolling when the writers use rom-com tropes.

I don't have a problem either with establishing Adalind as an ally. After all, they redeemed Renard and she was initially his puppet.

I came back to the show this season, and I like it, but I'd have no problem dropping it in a heartbeat if Juliette is ever back.

• Love 1

I would not have a problem with Adalind becoming a reluctant ally/frenemy, but no no HELL no to the romance. I don't care what her reasons for it were - she did rape Nick. And I would be far happier if they'd just written Claire Coffee out for a bit instead of writing her pregnancy in. We really didn't need another Adalind pregnancy so soon on the heels of the first one. They had two great reasons for Adalind to leave town for a while - 1) Juliette just kicked her ass (loved that scene so much) and 2) to look for her missing daughter. But no. They chose the absurd option. Never mind that the timeline does not work at. all.

Also, candidly, while I don't think she deserved to have her (1st) child taken away, we spent nearly an entire season leading up to said child's birth watching her unremorsefully bargain to sell said child in exchange for getting her hexenbeist powers back (which Nick took away from her IIRC because of what she did to Juliette and Hank). So while I don't agree that they were in the right to take her child away, I don't have much sympathy for Adalind either.

And I'd be much less angry about what they did to Juliette if I didn't have the distinct feeling that it was done precisely in order to shoehorn Adalind into Juliette's place in Nick's life.

Edited by Starfish35
Also, candidly, while I don't think she deserved to have her (1st) child taken away, we spent nearly an entire season leading up to said child's birth watching her unremorsefully bargain to sell said child in exchange for getting her hexenbeist powers back (which Nick took away from her IIRC because of what she did to Juliette and Hank)

Yeah but then we have to go into Renard being the person pulling the strings.  Renard wanted the key from Nick, so he and Catherine used Adiland to get it.  Adiland used Hank as Blackmail to get Nick to handover the key.  Nick took away her Hexenbeist in order to save Hank, I think, I can't remember if taking away the Hexenbeis is what brought Hank out of his Coma or if it was a potion that Rosalee/Monroe made.  Adiland then poisoned Juliette to punish Nick/get revenge for losing her hexenbeist powers.  Which then lead to Adiland running off to Vienna to hook up with Eric in an attempt to get further revenge on Sean and Nick.  This lead to Adiland sleeping with Eric, and using Sean/Juliette situation to get the key for Eric which then resulted in Adiland sleeping with Sean to make sure she had a "royal baby"

BTW I'm not excusing Adiland's actions, the whole situation is messed up and this actually just reminded me that Adiland in effect raped Hank as well.  Damn this show really needs to stop with the sex/rape through deception metaphor/trope.

• Love 1

It is messed up. As I said, I wouldn't mind Adalind and Nick forming a reluctant truce, even with their history (which goes back to the very first episode when Adalind tried to kill Nick's aunt on Renard's orders). What I am NOT ok with is what's going on now. Living together, co-parenting a child, showing every indication of moving toward an actual romance. Hell to the no.

BTW I'm not excusing Adiland's actions, the whole situation is messed up and this actually just reminded me that Adiland in effect raped Hank as well. Damn this show really needs to stop with the sex/rape through deception metaphor/trope.

Agreed.

Edited by Starfish35

How does everyone have so much time to watch TV? I did okay when it was just the Big 4, HBO, Showtime, BBCA, the WB/CW, and a few shows on Syfy, USA and AMC (it helped that I've never watched a single episode of any iteration of L&O, CSI or NCIS), but now that there are eleventy billion channels and streaming options, I can't even keep up with all the shows I really want to watch. I've even cut down on my movie-going but there's no way I'm ever going to catch up. {{{sigh}}}

• Love 1

I watch a ton of TV, but I'm sooo far behind on most shows (like 4+ episodes behind on many of them).  I'm not sure I'll ever be able to catch up because my DVR is practically full (it currently has 11% space left), and I'm actually afraid the thing will die before I get through everything on there.  I'm really hoping I can eliminate a lot of stuff when shows go into reruns in December, but the outlook is not so good :(

• Love 3

How does everyone have so much time to watch TV? I did okay when it was just the Big 4, HBO, Showtime, BBCA, the WB/CW, and a few shows on Syfy, USA and AMC (it helped that I've never watched a single episode of any iteration of L&O, CSI or NCIS), but now that there are eleventy billion channels and streaming options, I can't even keep up with all the shows I really want to watch. I've even cut down on my movie-going but there's no way I'm ever going to catch up. {{{sigh}}}

I only have a few shows I watch regularly.  Usually when I'm home the tv is on and something is playing, but I'm paying very little attention.  For example, I'm working from home today and SNL is currently playing on Hulu.  Modern Family before that.  I couldn't tell you what happened in either episode beyond a couple moments.  (Primarily Adele singing, she's amazing.)

• Love 1

I watch a crazy amount of TV and there definitely isn't enough time. My DVR constantly overwhelms me. There are about 8 shows I manage to keep up with weekly and the rest I'm always a few episodes behind on, some much more. Weekends and hiatuses are my best friends. 

• Love 3

i don't watch that much TV.  The most TV i watch is Sunday and that's all Football.

Sunday - Football All Day/ The Walking Dead (and occasionally OUAT if the promo looks good).

Monday - MNF/Major Crimes

Tuesday - Muppets/Flash (if I'm in the mood)

Wednesday - Arrow (unless it's Laurel heavy)/Supernatural

Thursday - TNF and I DVR Elementary.

Friday - Dateline, if I'm home and remember

Saturday - 48 Hours, if I'm home and remember.

I'll add Legends of Tomorrow to Thursday night viewing once it premieres, Football is pretty much over at that point

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I only watch a few shows regularly. 

Monday - Gotham and Supergirl. 

Tuesday - Flash, iZombie and AoS

Wednesday - AHS- Hotel and sometimes Arrow but I haven't put it on my DVR.

Thursday - Elementary. Which is why I'm glad that LoT and the 100 are on that day.

Sunday - The Walking Dead

Other shows I binge when I have time off or Netflix shows I binge when they start, like Jessica Jones which I finished in 3 days.

• Love 2

I watch a crap ton of shows, but a whole lot of it is in the background while I'm working. If I have boring office drone stuff to do, then the TV is on. The semi-focused distraction actually helps me, if that makes any sense. Better having one distraction than 20.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 2

I watch football on Sundays, Brooklyn Nine-Nine at some point on Monday, occasionally Flash on Tuesdays, and Arrow on Wednesdays. That's pretty much it, I think. I don't even have DVR, and wouldn't have cable of my HD antenna could get a proper signal in my apartment.

Edited by apinknightmare

I admire your restraint, AyChihuahua, Morrigan2575 and Sakura12. Life was so much simpler when all I watched was Everwood, The West Wing, Frasier, Friends, Gilmore Girls and Charlie Rose.

And I long for the days when my DVR was in the 80s, SonofaBiscuit. Mine lives in that Bermuda Triangle range where it suddenly jumps from 94% to 99% because of one measly one-hour show. I stopped recording in HD years ago and I rarely watch anything live so it's a pleasant surprise to stumble across an HD channel and be reminded that I actually have a pretty decent TV. And I did have a TIVO die on me, which really, really sucked and led me to drop a few shows.

First-world problems!

• Love 2

The first episode of The Expanse was released for advance viewings, yesterday. My only advice to anyone who likes sci-fi and/or adventure television is, watch it. Seriously.

I'm up to episode nine of Jessica Jones, and it's absolutely enthralling television. I found myself actually sitting on the edge of my seat during the police station scene in episode 7. So many strong, vivid characters, as well. Trish and Malcolm are my favourites, after Jessica herself. I've not missed Luke at all in the episodes he's not appeared in, though.

I admire your restraint, AyChihuahua, Morrigan2575 and Sakura12. Life was so much simpler when all I watched was Everwood, The West Wing, Frasier, Friends, Gilmore Girls and Charlie Rose.

Oh no, to be clear I watch an unhealthy buttload of tv.  It's just that I don't have much appointment tv.  I usually just have Hulu or Netflix on in the background, and I rewatch things I like constantly.   

The one thing I've never been able to do? I can't binge watch.

I can't do more than 2 episodes in a row before I need a break and have to watch something else, even good TV shows.  I love Netflix and I watch series on Netflix but it's very slow going, for me.  I'm off all next week and it will probably take me all of next week to get through Jessica Jones because I'll only watch 1-2 episodes at a time.

• Love 1

My Sundays are for Ouat. Then Gotham in Mondays, after which I catch up on HTGAWM. And then I watch Supergirl for a reprieve from the depression. I watch the Flash on Wednesdays sometimes before Arrow airs because that's the only show I watch live during the week and then I'll be watching LoT live in January.

Everything else, like Modern Family and the other comedies are either drunk watching with friends, plus things like Jessica Jones which I watch while I'm writing or before bed.

There are way more shows on my watchlist this season but I'm getting through it okay.

I have no problems binge watching. I watched an entire season of Orange is the New Black in 1 day. 9 am to midnight, baby! My friend and I took breaks and ate lunch then kept watching. That was rough and I haven't done that again. I usually can get through about 5 episodes before I have to stop. 

Then of course there are the January and April shows which adds more to my list. Episodes, Bates Motel, Penny Dreadful, Game of Thrones, Banshee and Orphan Black. Now with LoT and the 100. After New Years is my busy tv watching time. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

I'm very strict with my time because of school and work. alot of my shows ended in the last year and half so it freed up alot of time. and recently I realized I now tend to drop shows more easily if I can't devote any energy to them- and for me energy usually means reading the forums too.

Sundays used to be OUaT and DA now it's neither (although I heard an interesting development as happen on Once in regards to Hook so i may catch up during the winter break).

Monday is for Gotham but I am like 4 episodes behind, I will catch up over the weekend.

Tuesdays are Flash and Shield and was Wicked City too before it got canceled.

Wed is only for Arrow

nothing on thursday and fridays although I guess legends will take that spot.

Saturday is for Dr. Who when it's showing.

I actually barely even have time for those. I only stuck with Flash and Arrow for the past few weeks for lack of time.

Honestly there is very little that interest me, while other shows i'm just gonna wait until their over and done with and binge watch them when i'm done with school.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 1

I never seem to ever manage to watch anything that is streaming because I have already too much on the DVR.  And yeah, I used to go see a movie nearly every week and rent a few movies as well but if I see a movie in the theater every three months, I'm doing good.  I never rent anymore and when I get together with friends more often than not, we binge a few episodes of something.  Also, no premium channels so that cuts out a bunch of cult favs

The one thing I've never been able to do? I can't binge watch.

I can't do more than 2 episodes in a row before I need a break and have to watch something else, even good TV shows.  I love Netflix and I watch series on Netflix but it's very slow going, for me.  I'm off all next week and it will probably take me all of next week to get through Jessica Jones because I'll only watch 1-2 episodes at a time.

I try to not binge too much anymore.  I found back when I used to buy the DVD's of a season that I'd get it and be done with the 22 episodes in a few nights but it would kind of mess with my head.  I'd start dreaming about it and think about it when stuck in traffic and it left me weirdly jittery.  I can still handle about 4 in a row but I have to take breaks even if only to stop and make dinner. 

I record a ridiculous number of shows on Monday that I end up watching throughout the rest of the week.  If I'm home on the weekend I always catch up since there is nearly nothing on Friday or Sat.  (Which is why I'm probably still watching Grimm, hey it's on!)  I watch about a two hour block of comedies on Wednesday but I always watch Arrow first (time delayed by about a half hour so I can skip the commercials- about the only thing I ever watch live is the news and that's usually by accident) and then am also online while I'm watching The Middle, Goldbergs (cause it's on) Modern Family and Blackish.  That's usually when I go back and watch the Grinder and The Muppets too.  Helps balance me while I'm either ranting about Arrow or arguing with someone who is ranting about Arrow.

Basically the TV is on from when I get home to when I go to bed.  My favorite shows mean I actually pay attention to them otherwise I'm also reading or online (or reading online)  Even if I don't have anything I want to watch, I have the TV tuned to music.  It's replaced my radio really. Background music has become background shows. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

So I just powered through The 100, it seems like there are quite a few Lexa/Clarke shippers and for the life of me, I just don't understand why? Can someone explain to me their appeal? Because after what Lexa did, I just don't get it. 

Loving that show though! The story, acting (sometimes), direction... It's just all amazing

• Love 3

I watch a lot of football, baseball and basketball

I'm really only dedicated to SPN, Arrow, Sleepy Hollow and Walking Dead as my live must watch. 

I DVR, Elementary, Crazy Ex Girlfriend, Grimm, Fargo, Supergirl, The Leftovers, John Oliver, TDS, TNS and LCCS.

So I just powered through The 100, it seems like there are quite a few Lexa/Clarke shippers and for the life of me, I just don't understand why? Can someone explain to me their appeal? Because after what Lexa did, I just don't get it. 

Loving that show though! The story, acting (sometimes), direction... It's just all amazing

The 100 was so much better than I thought it was going to be. Talk about actually being dark and gritty for a CW show. I'm so glad I'll have LoT/The 100 Thursday night to look forward to. I completely agree on the Lexa/Clarke thing. Lexa's a coward. Clarke doesn't need her. 

• Love 2

I ship all the ships on The 100 and am mostly happy to just go with the flow of what the show presents (with the exception of Finn/Anyone) (and I'm Linctavia only--I don't ship them with anyone else), so I'm not a good person to ask about that particular one, but if people still ship Clarke/Lexa, that's not that surprising to me?

Lexa's face showed clear conflict at her decision; that's all it really takes to keep people hooked, if they are really into a ship. If she were remorseless or seemed callous, like she'd been stringing Clarke along the whole time, that would probably have shut it down more thoroughly. But on this show, all the characters have to make terrible, no-win decisions all the time. This one was very bad, but bad on a level many of the other characters have equaled, IMO. 

And you know, for people who are hungry for a real F/F relationship (especially for the lead) on TV, I can see how it would take more than that to let go of the ship. My personal fave F/F ship on The 100 is Clarke/Raven (Princess Mechanic! the best ship name), but the odds are long on that one. I do love Bellarke too, but the fans of that one kinda turn me off of it sometimes.

I can't wait for that show to come back, though I do have some concerns about things we saw in the finale and how they'll play out.

• Love 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVdV-lxRPFo&sns=tw

Captain America: The Civil War trailer.

Looks so much better than the last Avengers movie, but not what I was expecting. 

I need everything in context, because I thought for sure I would be siding with Captain America.

Maybe it's because I was never a huge fan of Bucky, but I'm watching the trailer thinking "Really?" Over Bucky? I got to go with Iron Man on this one.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 2