Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Pics of Craig Horner's Count of Monte Cristo sword-fighting with Josh Dallas' Charming (some pics are of Craig Horner's stunt double)...

SHOOT: ONCE UPON A TIME Season 6 Regina (Lana Parrilla) vs Evil Queen & Charming vs Count of Monte Cristo on Steveston Cannery Docks
July 19, 2016 
http://yvrshoots.com/2016/07/shoot-once-upon-a-time-sword-fight-with-josh-dalls-on-steveston-cannery-docks.html 

ouat-on-the-docks12-2.jpg

ouat-on-docks-2.jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

LotS had some great fight scenes - I also remember Kahlan's dress of neverending white (having read the books, I expected Richard to be taller and bigger, but I thought Craig Horner had a nice chemistry with Bridget Regan)...

Edited by tv echo

All the moments connected with Jen's death still hurt as much as they did way back when. The message to her daugther is especially painful in light of Heath Ledger's untimely death.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, bijoux said:

That is still the greatest gif to have ever happened to this very day. If Dawson's Creek had given me nothing else, I would still be grateful for this.

It truly is. I hate Dawson and laugh at his pain, and I love that the internet gave me an amazing reminder of it.

• Love 2

I hated that they missed the opportunity to develop Jen and Joey's relationship. The moment in S1 when Dawson discovered she was not the perfect construnct he had in his head was such a great, missed moment for them to bond. Dawson shunted Jen and Joey was (at that point) shunted by the majority of Capeside. It could have been sooo good. But no.

I only watched the first two seasons of Dawson's Creek and most of memories about the show involve Joey hearing someone's crisis of the week and making it about her. From what I remember Joey had little patience for everyone around her and I kind of love how self absorbed she was. She had a tough time for sure, but geez, let someone else have a problem. I actually think she's a really interesting character, though, from what I watched, anyway.

My favorite was Andy, until she faked to be sexually assaulted. And then that whole season with the SATs stuff. They ruined her :/

33 minutes ago, TwistedandBored said:

I think my favorite relationships on Dawson's Creek besides Pacey/Joey was Jen's relationship with Grams and Jack. 

That moment when Jen goes to 'apologize' to Grams and ask to come back home, and then there's Jack on the swing? Awesome.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't know, but I hope they screen questions for the Arrow panel as well.  Comic cons are supposed to be fun, but I can imagine this one getting ugly real fast.

Edited by tv echo

Yeah, as an audience member, I'd prefer if ALL Q&As require questions to be screened in advance. Not just because of ugliness, but also weirdness and awkwardness, and because so many questions tend to fall under the category of "[Five minutes of blather so that all may bask in the glory of my brilliant mind.] Do you agree?" And that's not fun.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I'm curious.  I've been following jbuffyangel's SDCC tweets (she's the only one I know of who's actually there), and I saw this, regarding questions at The 100 panel.  

https://mobile.twitter.com/jbuffyangel/status/756583295098302465

Is that typical, or is this something they're doing because of all the controversy? 

Woo boy,  well I know the Fandom is also up in arms because apparently the "I love you" scene was cut from the DVD release of the finale.   So they may be worried about that as well.   Not that they've had any shortage of controversies this season to want them to be able to moderate it.   I believe they moderated another 100 panel recently as well but as far as I know that's not super common. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I prefer all questions posed to people in public and/or televised forums to be screened because I can only take so much secondhand embarrassment. Although if they're having people get their questions cleared, what's to stop them from asking something else at the panel? Watching a mic fight might be entertaining.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I'm curious.  I've been following jbuffyangel's SDCC tweets (she's the only one I know of who's actually there), and I saw this, regarding questions at The 100 panel.  

https://mobile.twitter.com/jbuffyangel/status/756583295098302465

Is that typical, or is this something they're doing because of all the controversy? 

In my experience it depends partly on the con (Worldcon, for instance, will not screen fan questions, period), partly on the panel topic, partly on the moderator(s), and partly on the panelists.  I've also been on some panels where the moderator didn't allow audience questions at all - or where the audience didn't have questions or the audience was afraid of riling up one of the panelists again and decided not to ask questions in the panel but send nasty emails afterwards and/or yell at panelists at a signing/bathroom/bar/hallway. Sometimes years later. Great times. 

Generally, as a panelist, I prefer unmoderated questions, though the "questions" that are really fans pontificating on a subject can get annoying.  For something like The 100, however, I'd probably make an exception.

• Love 1

Hee.   It is a wee bit unprofessional,  sure.   But hee.   As a Clexa shipper I can't help but aDore that.   Plus you could tell that Eliza and Alycia were huge shippers themselves and were really upset about what went down.  And despite what the fans want its quite clear that Bob, Eliza or any of them think that it's a romantic pairing. 

I don't watch The 100 so I can't comment on the narrative, but as a shipper and some one who gets invested fictional relationships in general, it would suck to hear an actor call it shit. 

• Love 6

Just started season 3 of Agents of Shield! 

Squeeeeeeee LOVE Fitzsimmons!!!! Love how he dived intothat black hole to save her! Squeeeeeee!!!! The hubby and I are squeeeeeeeing like mad right now!

Still like Skye/Daisy!

• Love 1
On 7/22/2016 at 1:21 PM, bijoux said:

All the moments connected with Jen's death still hurt as much as they did way back when. The message to her daugther is especially painful in light of Heath Ledger's untimely death.

Seriously balling right now. I forgot just how powerful some of those moments were. I absolutely loved that show. I do not know if its just because I was at the right time generational age for it or even if it was a good show. All I know is that show will always be special to me and will always have a lovely place in my heart. I'm still in love with Joey & Pacey, that was a perfectly executed relationship journey - even if it was never planned.

^Forget Legion, the teaser for Justice League is out and it looks fun.  If it's anything to go by, Snyder is director in name only, and people like Ben Affleck, and Geoff Johns are making the decisions, and that is fantastic.

19 hours ago, kismet said:

Seriously balling right now. I forgot just how powerful some of those moments were. I absolutely loved that show. I do not know if its just because I was at the right time generational age for it or even if it was a good show. All I know is that show will always be special to me and will always have a lovely place in my heart. I'm still in love with Joey & Pacey, that was a perfectly executed relationship journey - even if it was never planned.

I honestly don't think it was that good a show and I bailed hard during the college years, but those characters were the exact same age I was and it definitely spoke to me. I suppose they managed to capture what it meant to be a teenager in the late '90s, at least for me. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I honestly don't think it was that good a show and I bailed hard during the college years, but those characters were the exact same age I was and it definitely spoke to me. I suppose they managed to capture what it meant to be a teenager in the late '90s, at least for me. 

It probably wasn't. Although it did have shining moments of greatness and I think the Joey/Pacey dynamic did help influence modern TV relationships. I'm a really loyal follower to tv/books/movie series. It takes a lot to lose me, so I probably would have never bailed. It helps that I was in College during their College years, so my friends and I would watch it as a group. It ended the same year, so we closed a chapter together. I think that also made the show better in my mind, because watching it with other people in the same room on a weekly basis helps you gloss over the imperfections. Plus personally I always had to laugh when they tried to pass off North Carolina as New England - it only got worse during the College years. That being said, the show is like comfort food to me. It's not the best food our there, but it is only fond memories.

• Love 1
(edited)

The Legion trailer looks interesting and really different from anything FOX or Marvel has put out before.  Not sure if I'll watch, will wait and see reviews/fan postings. I'm kind of anti-FOX X-Men because of just how badly they have screwed up that entire universe (IMO).  But, you never know this could be something good.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Legion is much more interesting to me than any other Marvel TV property, (excluding Jessica Jones). Seem more fun and less GrimDark than Netflix universe.

• Love 1

Watching the Prison Break sneak peek, I've got to say I really like the new guy. I find the issue of his imprisonment relevant and the actor struck a cord with me in under two minutes. Michael on the other hand - meh. This is not how it's supposed to be.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, FurryFury said:

TV shows are the new comic books. Nobody's dying, ever. At least no male leads...

They aso resurrected the female lead whose chopped off head was presented in a box. And then they proceeded to co-operate with the woman who orchestrated it after it was revealed it wasn't really Sara's (the female lead's) head. You know, it's cool, not like it was another human being's head. It was!

In comparison, bringing back Michael who was supposedly electrocuted off sceen but never shown suffering that is pretty tame.

(edited)

I find the idea of a show about evil mermaids intriguing tbh. :D

You know Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale, The Little Mermaid, wasn't nearly as sweet as the Disney and ends kinda sad.

Edited by Thundercatmary
(edited)

Mermaids used to be portrayed as mostly devious sirens,  even through modern times like Peter Pan and more recently HP and OUaT.  Though a mermaid budget is costly, or so I've always thought,  an entire show about them might be a bad idea for a smaller network. 

Edit:  I feel the need to add that the merpeople in HP weren't evil,  but distinctly different than humans and while slightly vicious had already made the deal with Dumbledore before we met them so we don't really know what they usually act like. 

Edited by Delphi
Clarification
  • Love 1

an entire show about them might be a bad idea for a smaller network. 

I think there was a really low budget Australian (?) show about mermaids that had a few actresses that later went over to The CW. No idea what it looked like. I think it had Claire Hoyt and Phoebe whatshername.