Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

I'm back to feeling stupid when I post like its my first day on the board.  It's probably a good thing that there is a new episode tonight since it will force me (and everyone else) into really trying out all the updates.  

• Love 1

Hmm... I'm not sure I even know how to add a profile photo.

I think I prefer the old notification when you were told that someone "liked" your post.  Now the notification says that someone "gave you reputation" for a post.  Huh? What kind of reputation? 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6
42 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I think I prefer the old notification when you were told that someone "liked" your post.  Now the notification says that someone "gave you reputation" for a post.  Huh? What kind of reputation? 

I can guarantee you that whatever reputation I am giving you, you do not want according to literally all of my friend's parents.  

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Varies from poster to poster. For you, it's a reputation for tracking down every single Arrow link. For me, it's an obsession with following the sets from Arrowverse show to Arrowverse show....

• Love 5

Hmm... I'm not sure I even know how to add a profile photo.

Well, if anyone's interested, here's how you do it:

Log in.  Your member name displays in the upper right-hand corner of the page.  Click on it and choose "Profile" from the drop-down menu.  When the profile page loads, go to your big profile picture.  If you hover over the bottom left-hand corner of your profile photo, the words "Profile Photo" pop up.  Click on it.  From there, you can drag and drop a photo of your choosing :)  

• Love 2

Has anyone seen Colony? It started here in the UK a few weeks ago but I haven't gotten around to checking it out yet since I'm watching a ton of stuff, but I'm a little hesitant to start watching because I have heard so little about it.

Thanks, SonofaBiscuit... but now I have to decide on a photo (a decision that might take me another year to make)!

And, quarks, I think your reputation is for writing in-depth and insightful episode reviews and posts.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, tv echo said:

I was raised as a lady and taught not to get a reputation! :) it's almost counterintuitive to now want a reputation.

This new format is gonna take awhile to get used to. It's making me miss the mobile skin (and I hated the mobile skin).

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Yeah, not a fan of this reputation thing. Stop it, forum. Wording is especially awkward. "So and so gave you a reputation." I already have one, thank you very much. I prefer the old ones. 

I saw something in the Bugs or Questions forums this morning that said they're changing the "reputation" wording back to Likes sometime soonish when other stuff is fixed.

• Love 3

Yeah, I hated not having the boards to come and vent to after the episode. What a time to update the site. *shakes fist*

4 minutes ago, Carrie Ann said:

I saw something in the Bugs or Questions forums this morning that said they're changing the "reputation" wording back to Likes sometime soonish when other stuff is fixed.

About the reputation thing... You can stop those by changing the notification settings. Click on your notifications and on the top left corner of that little box you can change the settings.

9 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Yeah, I hated not having the boards to come and vent to after the episode. What a time to update the site. *shakes fist*

Part of me wondered if they kept it down just a little longer, just in case. :)

But yes, put me in the missed this forum and everyone here very much last night.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I don't even mind the new format so much as long as the board doesn't disappear for 2 days when there's a new Arrow episode. ::clings to everyone here::

I sort of low key started stalking members I could find on twitter in case you guys tweeted anything about the episode.   Sorrynotsorry. 

• Love 6

Hi Everyone,

I don't know how, or where to introduce myself, so here I am. I'm a LONG time stalker, and not just on CW comics boards. I started here on the One Life To Live (how I miss that show) board before that show got cancelled. I actually found this site when the other website shut down, don't know if anyone remember the site that I'm talking about. 

Anyway I decided to finally post on the account that I created two months ago. I love you all, and really did miss you this week. The new layout will take some getting use to, but I'm sure it will be fine. 

I hope this introduction was good enough, see you in the other topic. 

FromFearToHope!

• Love 15

So I don't post enough for me to be too disappointed about the new format, but not having you guys for two days was UPSETTING.   I had to use a search engine to look for episode reviews.  it was HORRIBLE!  tv echo has made me entitled and lazy.  Can we all agree to go take over another board somewhere in the event this happens again?  Maybe the avclub comments section?  Trying not to upset the mods and to not to talk about fan postings.... But just tell me where y'all will be, and I will find you.  (Gilmore Girls is playing in my head). 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, fromfeartohope said:

Hi Everyone,

I don't know how, or where to introduce myself, so here I am. I'm a LONG time stalker, and not just on CW comics boards. I started here on the One Life To Live (how I miss that show) board before that show got cancelled. I actually found this site when the other website shut down, don't know if anyone remember the site that I'm talking about. 

Anyway I decided to finally post on the account that I created two months ago. I love you all, and really did miss you this week. The new layout will take some getting use to, but I'm sure it will be fine. 

FromFearToHope!

Welcome to the board, @fromfeartohope

My friends (WHO LURK HERE BUT DON'T POST!) were mocking me yesterday when, yes, I was climbing the walls after spoilers and photos started coming out. Please don't do that again, PTV. Especially not on a Wednesday :(

• Love 9
2 hours ago, WaitandHope said:

So I don't post enough for me to be too disappointed about the new format, but not having you guys for two days was UPSETTING.   I had to use a search engine to look for episode reviews.  it was HORRIBLE!  tv echo has made me entitled and lazy.  Can we all agree to go take over another board somewhere in the event this happens again?  Maybe the avclub comments section?  Trying not to upset the mods and to not to talk about fan postings.... But just tell me where y'all will be, and I will find you.  (Gilmore Girls is playing in my head). 

I would be on board the AV Club thing. I took to Twitter myself but that's...just not the same

• Love 1
2 hours ago, WaitandHope said:

I myself was over at twitter and I found a few people! 

If anyone wants to hit me up, I'm diggletron there :D

Hi all! 

I have been a regular silent visitor since the second half of S3 when I finished binge-watching Arrow and I just needed to find a place to find others' views about it. This place is the best for respectful conversations and I mostly agree with most opinions: I love Olicity and OTA, hated BMD and most of S3, I am SO glad that Buckles is gone, waiting for Oliver to stop being dumb... Can we be friends even if I enjoy Barrowman so much that I like Malcom? 

I missed this forum so much in the last couple of days that I just wanted to say hi and thanks. I don't know if I will write much as English is my second language but I will be here :-)

• Love 19
Just now, emarasmoak said:

Hi all! 

I have been a regular silent visitor since the second half of S3 when I finished binge-watching Arrow and I just needed to find a place to find others' views about it. This place is the best for respectful conversations and I mostly agree with most opinions: I love Olicity and OTA, hated BMD and most of S3, I am SO glad that Buckles is gone, waiting for Oliver to stop being dumb... Can we be friends even if I enjoy Barrowman so much that I like Malcom? 

I missed this forum so much in the last couple of days that I just wanted to say hi and thanks. I don't know if I will write much as English is my second language but I will be here :-)

Have a seat with a few of us that "like" Malcolm. I just like him because he's straight up BSC. Also, welcome!

• Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 2:16 PM, BkWurm1 said:

I'm back to feeling stupid when I post like its my first day on the board.  It's probably a good thing that there is a new episode tonight since it will force me (and everyone else) into really trying out all the updates.  

Dammit!  I jinxed the site.  Hangs head in shame. 

6 hours ago, fromfeartohope said:

Hi Everyone,

FromFearToHope!

Welcome!!  And yes, I am a TWoP refugee as well.  I have to say, new home is better than old home. 

3 hours ago, emarasmoak said:

Hi all! 

And Welcome to you too.  I like Malcom too, at least enough to keep him around until Thea gets closure and any hesitation I may feel is more than made up by Barrowman.  He's a gift to the fandom no what.  So was his husband's ding dong.  ;p

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Me neither, LOL! I just put mine on :) 

Me too.  No GIF yet but now I'll be looking, lol.   Now I have to go look at everybody's!

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I have to say... The best part about this whole update thing is the cover photo :p Mine is awesome haha

It is awesome. I can't stop watching it :)

Cover photos that allow gifs make me want to stop being lazy and choose one.

34 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I mean mine is super lame, because it's obvious. But it is what it is haha

Not lame. I didn't realize we could use gifs. That opens up tons of possibilities. I'll be changing that thing every week!

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

It is awesome. I can't stop watching it :)

Cover photos that allow gifs make me want to stop being lazy and choose one.

Ditto. I doubt I'll stop being lazy to be honest, though, but there's always a chance.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, wonderwall said:

I have to say... The best part about this whole update thing is the cover photo :p Mine is awesome haha

Yours is awesome! As is everyone else's that I've seen, so far. This cover photo thing is really neat. I'm going to try it out tomorrow... Or sometime this weekend. Heh. I'm such a procrastinator. But this is super cool and kinda makes me feel a little better about the updates even though I'm still low-key grumbling about the changes. PTV is still the best place for discussions, though, so I'm gonna deal with it. Eventually.

God, it's one step forwards and two steps back with the update. First yay, just copying a Twitter link embeds the post. But then I have 8 posts that I wanted to quote in the episode thread and hitting the quote posts icon just didn't do anything. Guh.

Welcome @fromfeartohope & @emarasmoak!! Love when people come out of the shadows.

Consider me part of the select group that likes Malcolm, but definitely think they don't use him to the best. And have pretzeled too many characters for him.

I'll usually on Twitter during Arrow, but honestly then I switch to Empire & Nashville,  so I stop live tweeting Arrow which is why I like the forum cuz I can follow posts at my own pace. 

• Love 1

It was so nice to read that even the silent readers missed this place and our ramblings :) Welcome, newbies =)

For people having issues with deleting quotes in a post if you change your mind and don't want to quote anymore, or hit quote by mistake, I had the same problem. I think you need to click on the quote - the "box" becomes blue - and then hit delete. At least that's what I did, but I probably just had luck :D

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

God, it's one step forwards and two steps back with the update. First yay, just copying a Twitter link embeds the post. But then I have 8 posts that I wanted to quote in the episode thread and hitting the quote posts icon just didn't do anything. Guh.

That's got to be frustrating.  I had one session where it wouldn't let me like anyone or click the multi quote button either but that cleared up when I exited the thread and then returned and I haven't had that issue since.  Then also I had a time where it wouldn't let me save the edited version of a post, but I was able to copy it to Word, cancel the edit and then start all over and the second time it worked. 

Still trying to figure out how to drag files to attach.  So far that's been a bust. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, looptab said:

It was so nice to read that even the silent readers missed this place and our ramblings :) Welcome, newbies =)

For people having issues with deleting quotes in a post if you change your mind and don't want to quote anymore, or hit quote by mistake, I had the same problem. I think you need to click on the quote - the "box" becomes blue - and then hit delete. At least that's what I did, but I probably just had luck :D

It worked yesterday, but not today. So I just gave up. Posting shouldn't be hard work.