Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

(edited)
35 minutes ago, bijoux said:

That’s cool. Has she worked with Meghan? Because I saw her Suits cast mates are there.

Janina just gave a phone interview with ABC... apparently she and Meghan have been friends for 15 years.

Edited by lemotomato
(edited)

Yeah, seeing her with Abigail Spencer and Priyanka Chopra made me think they might be a part of Meghan’s group of friends.

Edited by bijoux
7 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

is LP the favourite in the show or something? By whom? EPs or fans?

The EPs.  This is my personal opinion but I think the show has really struggled because of how much the EPs loved Regina and kept trying to redeem her. Every time they did, the show got less interesting so they would have to make her evil again. They they would try to redeem her again.  It really messed up the balance between the Evil Queen and the good side of Snow, Charming and Emma.

Robert Carlyle embraced the evilness of Rumple and it worked much better.

• Love 4

Funnily enough, the coronation scene from OuaT just popped up on Youtube for me and I decided to watch it. I guess they went for realism there and have people make mind boggling choices when given the opportunity as often as not. How were there two Henrys there, is one of them from a different realm or whatever? And seeing baby Hope and adult Henry’s kid made me wonder if they featured August. That was what Snow and Charming named their son, wasn’t it?

• Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, lemotomato said:

Janina just gave a phone interview with ABC... apparently she and Meghan have been friends for 15 years.

She also had a reoccurring part in Suits that I'd forgotten about until she showed up again this last season.  Seems Markle invited all her co-stars from Suits so that was kind of fun for me since I keep watching the silly show.  The plots are always the sky is falling over the top drama but it's nice to know the cast genuinely are friends.  

Edit!  Oops, I was getting the people mixed up.  I meant Abagail Spencer was on suits.  They were both in the same photo. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3

Who did Janina G play?

I only saw her, Gina Torres, Abigail Spencer  (how I hated Scottie) and the guy who plays Louis. Did anyone else come?

1 hour ago, scarynikki12 said:

Snow and Charming named their son Neal, after Emma's ex-boyfriend who let her take the fall for a crime he committed.

But he was redeemed!!!!!!

There were doubles of Henry and Hook since there was a time alteration for the show this season to allow Henry and Hook to have children and Robin to be grown up.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think Regina might be the new ultimate Mary Sue. She never paid for a single one of her many crimes (including rape, murder, and torture) and ended up being crowned Dictator for Life of literally everything. I wish I could say I’m surprised, but...wait, if Regina sucked the whole fictional multiverse into her twisted realm of darkness, is the Arrowverse in there too?!? I’ve got an idea for the next crossover!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Who did Janina G play?

I only saw her, Gina Torres, Abigail Spencer  (how I hated Scottie) and the guy who plays Louis. Did anyone else come?

I don't watch the show, but all the main cast was there from what I saw on Twitter. Meghan's love interest, the people playing Harvey and Donna, and those you already mentioned. 

(edited)

She has a real sense of style,  It's a good combination of modern and classic.

That's an "intimate" evening reception of 200.  There were 600 for lunch.

Apparently there is no honeymoon, they're going straight to work on their causes.  Harry estimates he has only 12 - 15 years before the attention goes to George and Charlotte and he wants to get as much attention on his charities as he can before then.

Harry kept giving her heart eyes during the ceremony. It seems to be a real love match.   I hope it lasts.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4

The heart eyes they were giving each other are something to behold! I thought William and Kate were pretty cute but these two are soooo lovey dovey. 

Princess Charlotte was the cutest though! I keep seeing this gif of her waving and looking enthused while George at the back is totally over it! It was the funniest thing! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

Princess Charlotte was the cutest though! I keep seeing this gif of her waving and looking enthused while George at the back is totally over it! It was the funniest thing! 

Are you looking for royal tots?

Gossip is that they were introduced to each other by Ben and Jessica Mulroney, and that Meghan fell for Harry when she say him with the Mulroney kids.  The Mulroney boys were pages in the wedding and little Ivy was a bridesmaid. Charlotte and George were included too.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Who did Janina G play?

7 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I don’t recall Janina ever being on Suits. 

Nope, I was mixed up.  I kept seeing pictures with Abigail, Janina and the woman from Quantico and got their names mixed up.   

(I'd never could get into Timeless the way I felt I should and I finally figured out that it was because I subconsciously didn't trust her character because she'd played Scottie, lol)

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

I know!  I disliked Scottie so much, I avoided the first season of Timeless!

I'm terrible about not watching actors after I dislike them in a role.  It took me years to watch Sela Ward after her stint on House, and I still won't watch Olivia Wilde.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, tv echo said:

I didn't watch the royal wedding live, but what a beautiful dress!...

I love the simplicity of the dress and the overall impression with the veil and tiara. My only complaint is the fit. The fabric seems thick, it looks like it should be fitted closer to her body. 

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Are you looking for royal tots?

Gossip is that they were introduced to each other by Ben and Jessica Mulroney, and that Meghan fell for Harry when she say him with the Mulroney kids.  The Mulroney boys were pages in the wedding and little Ivy was a bridesmaid. Charlotte and George were included too.

Those pics of the little kids holding hands are the best. I imagined they were instructed to do so by their parents/nannies to prevent them from starting to run around.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Snow and Charming named their son Neal, after Emma's ex-boyfriend who let her take the fall for a crime he committed.

It sounds horrible and misguided when you phrase it like that.   He was a hero, just like the evil queen!

• Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

If Neal hadn't done those things that ended Emma in prison, she wouldn't have given up her baby and Regina wouldn't have had Henry to raise.  See, a hero!

Just like if Regina hadn't cursed an entire kingdom over the well intentioned screw up of a ten year old, not to mention countless acts of rape, murder, and torture, of which she never attempted to make amends for with her countless victims, the heroes would have been way less tough, because she forced them to be miserable! She truly deserves to the be the queen of the entire universe! I mean, come on guys, she suffered so much! Her mom was mean, and her boyfriend was killed! And no other person in the entire span of the fucking multiverse has had a crappy parent or a dead loved one, or had any number of shitty things happen to them, except for her! Everything she did was totally justified! And, I mean, she did eventually stop killing people because they looked at her funny. Or crossed her path. Or breathed wrong. Isn't that enough to be considered the new Queen of Everything?!

Even beyond the utter madness of Regina being elected (wtf?) the Good Queen of Everything (honestly, it sounds very 1984 with magic) I continue to be weirded out by Once never really explaining the whole Author thing, which I would think was a big deal, but I guess it wasn't. So, a few seasons ago, Once decided that the reason we have stories of people like Snow White and Prince Charming and such is because of these magical chosen one people called Authors, who pop into others worlds, record what they see happening, and then pop back to our world to tell the stories. Well, not only is it established that sometimes these guys go rouge and start changing the story and making people act OOC to make the drama more interesting (doesn't THAT explain a lot?), but, the implications of this are pretty messed up if you think about it for more than five seconds. So, everything we watch or read or anything is actually really happening, just in another universe? Because that means we are either watching the actual accounts of actual people because some creepy creeper is fallowing them around during their most intimate or traumatic moments and is recording it all so people in another universe can enjoy their misery or private lives, OR it means that everything we watch are sentient beings who are being twisted to the will of some asshole with a god complex who screw with the lives of people to "make a better story" for our amusement. Either way, I really wish they had cleared all that up, because I would really like to know if everything I watch or read is some kind of twisted intradimentional snuff film!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 2
On 5/18/2018 at 9:12 AM, Starfish35 said:

Am I the only one that is feeling relieved that this TV season is almost over?  I can’t even figure out why I’m even feeling that way though, since I’m only even watching a couple of shows (semi) live anymore.  

Just me? *crickets*

The season of Aussie cooking reality TV is just starting for me so I am pretty happy! Once it's over I will be sad as I listen to the files while I exercise! Will need to rely on the Food Network after that! 

What was everyone's best show this season?

Mine came down neck and neck between the Resident and Madam Secretary. I'd say Madam Secretary takes it because I love Bess so much and I always feel like I get to see onscreen the story that I want/hope to see for her. Madam Secretary is like my AU Felicity and Friends since I adore Bess as much as I adore Felicity! 

I watch really little TV these days. Like, the things on my regular schedule are Arrow, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, and The Handmaid's Tale. Honestly, Arrow is finishing last there by a wide margin. 

• Love 1

LoT, hands down.  It would've been the magicians but I didn't like the way it ended.   I enjoyed the last few episodes of Gotham and Lucifer but the middle parts felt like a chore to get through and I haven't even watched Arrow since Thea left,  I guess I'll catch up once it drops on Netflix.   

• Love 2

Legends for me also.  It’s the only show I watched all the way through the season (I’ve still got four episodes of Black Lightning that I haven’t gotten around to finishing).   I feel like the second half of the season could have gone better, and I have some concerns about next season, but it’s pretty much the only remaining show I care enough to follow weekly.  

Netflix/Amazon/Hulu viewing is still a thing, but even there...my queue/watchlist is loaded with shows I haven’t gotten around to yet. :/

My regular tv viewing seems to go down every year. This tv season the only shows I watched all the way through were LoT and Gotham, I liked them both but I think LoT wins because of the Giant Beebo vs a demon fight.  Now I'm only watching the 100 and Elementary. 

Most my shows are now on Netflix, Amazon and Hulu which I usually binge over a weekend. 

My best scripted show was Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. This season Rebecca finally had to face the consequences of her actions and deal with her demons, and it was amazing and poignant but also funny. I wish there had been 30 episodes instead of 13.

But my favorite, must-watch show of the year (and every year, honestly) was the Rachel Maddow Show. It's amazing to see journalism done at the level at which Rachel does it, and it's especially needed right now. Even though her show often makes me despair for our nation, it's appointment TV for me and I love her. Thursday nights were the only nights I didn't watch her show live, and that's solely due to Oliver, Felicity, and all you hilarious people in the live thread. ?

• Love 3

I adore Legends, it not only makes me happy, its also much more sharply written than I think people give it credit for. With all the wackiness, I think some people didnt notice the believable character development and group dynamics, the tightly written plot, and how well it balances it ensemble cast, its Mission of the Week, and its overarching story. 

I have many shows that I love, but I've been really impressed with The Terror this year, which wraps up its first season tonight. Its intense and scary, but also very human, with great performances and characterization. It even has the occasional lighter moments, and while the characters are flawed, their also very likable (except for the villains) and easy to root for. And its beautifully shot, and the attention to historical detail is amazing. Its been a real treat. 

26 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I never watched the original Charmed, and I have no intention of watching the reboot. But Holly Marie Combs having a Twitter fight with the reboot's EP is a trainwreck I can't stop staring at. This isn't a good look for anyone.

She's been fighting about this for a long time - IIRC she even got into it with the jar's Carina over reboots in general. 

32 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

On the plus side, it looks like Alyssa and Shannon may no longer hate each other, since Alyssa tagged her in one of the posts.  Maybe they get along better when they aren't working together? 

Alyssa seems like a really nice lady on Project Runway All Stars. I can't imagine her fighting with anyone. She's the mellowest judge on that show and quite kind with her critiques.

Guys I need help with food. 

Specifically Graham crackers. 

What do they taste like?

Kid wants to make smores with his aunt this weekend and I'm tasked with buying the crackers. We don't have them here. 

The marshmallow are foul too but they are available at least.

Are the crackers sweet or savoury? Wheaty? What do they taste like?

Ahh thanks! I did not think it would be sweet! 

hehe will chose a less sweet biscuit! I actually thought it was a cracker so more like a non sweet wheaty cracker you can eat with ham and cheese! 

Why would anyone want sweet on sweet on sweet?!

(edited)
5 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Ahh thanks! I did not think it would be sweet! 

hehe will chose a less sweet biscuit! I actually thought it was a cracker so more like a non sweet wheaty cracker you can eat with ham and cheese! 

Why would anyone want sweet on sweet on sweet?!

They are more akin to a pastry crust on a pie or tart.  (not in texture but how you might have a sweet thing paired with a sweet thing) It's sweet but very lightly sweet with a mix of some salt so it's not overwhelming.  

S'mores are one of the most yummy things ever when made right. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

Kid wants to make smores with his aunt this weekend and I'm tasked with buying the crackers. We don't have them here. 

I think digestive biscuits would be a close substitute. According to google, Arnotts Granita and Arnotts Shredded Wheatmeal are graham cracker equivalents available in Australia.

• Love 2

Thanks guys! 

Looks like the Arnotts shredded wheat one is the right one!

I am having a crisis today! Lost my activity tracker which is throwing me for a loop! Retraced all my steps to find it but no luck! I track my activities all day so it is making me lose my mind that I do not know how many steps I have logged! 

Arrrrghhhhhh now I need to buy a new one but I don't know where to start!!!! I liked my old one *wails*

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Looks like the Arnotts shredded wheat one is the right one!

Yea! The crackers arent really too sweet, they should be just right with chocolate! 

Oh, I get that. I lost my FitBit the other day, and walked more trying to find it than I did when it was on! Luckily it turned up though, hope you find yours!

• Love 2
(edited)
44 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Yea! The crackers arent really too sweet, they should be just right with chocolate! 

Oh, I get that. I lost my FitBit the other day, and walked more trying to find it than I did when it was on! Luckily it turned up though, hope you find yours!

Over three years I've lost this Fitbit (Fitbit One cuz I don't like ti waste wrist real estate) about 8 times (one time on holidays where it dropped at the beach under a tonne of sand!). Always managed to find it so I'm sad it's finally lost forever! 

And they don't sell this model anymore! Boo! Lil Sis is picking up an urgent cheapie pedometer for me! 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 1