Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

41 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

Don't know if any of you read books by Julie Garwood but her new book Wired came in the mail today. I finished it earlier and I seriously wonder if she is an Arrow fan. It read like a well written couple of episodes of Arrow but with O an FBI agent and F a student at Boston College getting her degree in Computer Science, with hacking for good, her side job. It even had the Cooper character trying to sell the code she wrote. It was weird reading it because it had all the same beats as the show. 

I just finished it this morning and thought the same thing. I really liked it but it was kind of weird, almost like reading an AU fanfic at times.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I just finished it this morning and thought the same thing. I really liked it but it was kind of weird, almost like reading an AU fanfic at times.

It wouldn't be the first time I'd read a romance that I could tell was based on a tv couple.  This is dating me, but Remington Steel and Laura Holt used to pop up all the time in books written in the late eighties, early ninties.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Funny that you should compare Julie Garwood's Wired to The CW's Arrow, because I just came across this article today...

5 Badass lady hackers to get you excited for ‘Wired’ by Julie Garwood
Jessica Brock   JULY 5, 2017
http://www.hypable.com/5-badass-lady-hackers-like-wired-julie-garwood/

1. Felicity Smoak from ‘Arrow’:
Hilariously unfiltered, adorkable, and is ALL of us when staring at Oliver Queen shirtless. And not to mention she’s a straight up genius. Oliver couldn’t save the city without her and she knows it, which I love even more!
And finally, a brand new addition to my list, Allison Trent from Wired, the new novel by #1 New York Times bestselling author Julie Garwood. Not only is Allison crazy smart, but she uses her powers for good, or “hacktivism” as I like to think the cool kids call it.

For example, returning seniors’ financial savings to them when they were taken advantage of by a sheisty “investor” guy. Or teaming up with a smoking hot FBI agent to track down a leak in his department. She’s basically a coding ninja and I love that she doesn’t take any crap from the boys club of agents that surround her.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

Is Wired any good?  I really long for a great angsty romance, but they're hard to find.  I read one that was supposed to be based on Olicity, but it didn't do much for me.  I read a lot, and would love to get back into romance but I have been so removed from the genre for so many years it's hard to know what I would like.  

2 hours ago, Kymmi said:

Is Wired any good?  I really long for a great angsty romance, but they're hard to find.  I read one that was supposed to be based on Olicity, but it didn't do much for me.  I read a lot, and would love to get back into romance but I have been so removed from the genre for so many years it's hard to know what I would like.  

I liked it but I'm a Julie Garwood fan so my opinion isn't exactly unbiased.

• Love 2
(edited)

'STAR WARS' WOODY MEETS HAN AND CHEWIE
.7/9/2017 
http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/09/star-wars-han-solo-movie-new-set-photos-woody-harrelson/

In new pics from the set, obtained by TMZ, [Woody] Harrelson's character Beckett meets up with Han Solo -- played by Alden Ehrenreich -- and Chewie in what looks like some sort of space station.

We're told these shots were taken during filming before Ron Howard took over as director, replacing Phil Lord and Chris Miller. You can also see Harrelson meeting with a female character ... possibly Emilia Clarke's?

0707-new-star-wars-set-1-wm-3.jpg

0707-new-star-wars-set-2-wm-3.jpg

Edited by tv echo

I'm watching Smallville, just curious about Justin Hartley's OQ and how he ends up with Chloe ... I started with "Sneeze," episode he in which he was introduced. I've seen two eps so far and if I didn't know what was going to happen, I would have thought OQ was being set up with Lois, while Chloe and Clark were enjoying heart eyes. 

10 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

@lemotomato Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs came in the post today!!!!!

Kidlet loved it!!!! Claims he'd stay in Chewandswallow and survive the storms! He loves to eat!

Thanks for the recommendation!

I'm so he liked it! (I think the only thing that could make it better would be a companion recipe book, haha)

• Love 1

Anyone watch Suits?

Spoiler

Tonight's premiere and the buzz around it gave me a newfound appreciation for how TPTB and the cast handled fandom regarding O/F getting back together so that at the very least we had realistic expectations going into S5. Yikes. 

12 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Anyone watch Suits?

Hide contents

Tonight's premiere and the buzz around it gave me a newfound appreciation for how TPTB and the cast handled fandom regarding O/F getting back together so that at the very least we had realistic expectations going into S5. Yikes. 

Seriously. I don't watch anymore but I've seen twitter and that's dirty.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I used to!!! Please tell me what happened!!!!

The 

Spoiler

EP did a lot of talking up of Donna and Harvey to get some buzz for the season and in the premiere Harvey started dating his therapist. And then in the post-ep interviews he talked that relationship up while commenting on people who thought it would go a different way -BECAUSE HE MADE THEM THINK THAT 

• Love 1

I've tried watching suits, not my cup of tea, but from what I've heard they've strung the Harvey/Donna thing along for a long time. I don't think I could watch a show that wasn't willing to commit, especially seven seasons in. 

1 minute ago, LeighAn said:

I've tried watching suits, not my cup of tea, but from what I've heard they've strung the Harvey/Donna thing along for a long time. I don't think I could watch a show that wasn't willing to commit, especially seven seasons in. 

The X-Files :(

• Love 3

I don't watch the show, but there's been a TV spot playing. No idea if it's for the new season or an older one. Harvey comes to Donna's place and she waits for him with a can of whipped cream. It certainly looked like they would hook up.

Wait, so it's not even they got together and then broke up? They've been shipbaiting for 7 seasons! Yikes. I mean I guess at least MG and WM weren't doing that.

At least the X-Files had a unique concept and an overall mystery. 

I watched Suits for 5 seasons until I realised I disliked pretty much every character on the show. Very silly of me to watch for so long! 

Oh and the woman who plays Pantry Moth was on it and that was the last straw!

Suits is an odd show for me to watch.  I go back and forth on liking the characters.  Right now I think I actually like them all again. And this was an episode I really enjoyed, so much better than the previous couple seasons.  I'm more a Donna fan than a Harvey and Donna fan at this point but I think

Spoiler

they may still put Harvey and Donna together at some point since one of the big problems they always had for them ever being a couple is the power gap.  She worked for him.  And she made it clear she was never going to work for him AND be in a relationship.  

We found out that in their past during a window where she didn't work for him, they slept together, but Harvey needed her help at his new job (the firm)  and convinced her to come work for him again so she took them as a couple off the table again and he wanted her professionally more than personally at the time at least.  

A couple seasons back she quit and went to work for Louis and they teased Harvey and Donna as going there again before spending a season sending her back to work for Harvey.  Last season was about the firm falling apart (and Mike actually legally becoming a lawyer, lol) but Harvey dealing with some of his emotional baggage.  This year seems to be about the firm getting back on track.  

The big thing that happened in this episode (and made me think they DO plan on Donna and Harvey) though was that Donna demanded the respect she was entitled to (and put her money where her mouth was)  and got made a Senior Partner at the firm.  WHICH IS AWESOME!!!  

So I really couldn't have cared less about Harvey and his love life but they just made he and Donna equals more or less so really the biggest issue to their possible relationship was made no longer an obstacle.  

But of course Harvey couldn't be at all romantically interested in her when they wrote that part (since he had to accept her bid to be a partner- so really unless they wanted to battle calls of her sleeping her wat to the top he HAD to be into someone else at the time) That the someone he was suddenly out of the blue really interested in dating turning out to be his ex-therapist (eww!)  was really strange choice on it's own but when he hooked up with his ex-therapist they got for a soundtrack Amy Winehouse's Back to Black which did not at all sound like an endorsement of the relationship from the show's standpoint.  

I truly sympathize with those that were shipbaited by the show runner but even if I'm wrong and they don't plan on ending the season with Harvey and Donna a couple, I just so happy to have a powerful woman on the show again that has real POWER.

Of course, that doesn't mean the show runner isn't an asshole.  ;)

• Love 1

I read about this episode and I have one question. 

Spoiler

How does a secretary have 500.000 dollars lying around? Is she just that good with money or did it come from somewhere outside her salary?

I'd say a bit of all of the above.    

Spoiler

She did JUST get a payout at the end of last season (the day before in show time)  for a gadget she was helping to develop.  But the show has also made it plain she was paid a HUGE salary (even from the start Harvey had to pay her 15% out of his own paycheck over what the company initially would pay.)  So that probably helped too.   

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Suits is an odd show for me to watch.  I go back and forth on liking the characters.  Right now I think I actually like them all again. And this was an episode I really enjoyed, so much better than the previous couple seasons.  I'm more a Donna fan than a Harvey and Donna fan at this point but I think

Reveal hidden contents

they may still put Harvey and Donna together at some point since one of the big problems they always had for them ever being a couple is the power gap.  She worked for him.  And she made it clear she was never going to work for him AND be in a relationship.  

We found out that in their past during a window where she didn't work for him, they slept together, but Harvey needed her help at his new job (the firm)  and convinced her to come work for him again so she took them as a couple off the table again and he wanted her professionally more than personally at the time at least.  

A couple seasons back she quit and went to work for Louis and they teased Harvey and Donna as going there again before spending a season sending her back to work for Harvey.  Last season was about the firm falling apart (and Mike actually legally becoming a lawyer, lol) but Harvey dealing with some of his emotional baggage.  This year seems to be about the firm getting back on track.  

The big thing that happened in this episode (and made me think they DO plan on Donna and Harvey) though was that Donna demanded the respect she was entitled to (and put her money where her mouth was)  and got made a Senior Partner at the firm.  WHICH IS AWESOME!!!  

So I really couldn't have cared less about Harvey and his love life but they just made he and Donna equals more or less so really the biggest issue to their possible relationship was made no longer an obstacle.  

But of course Harvey couldn't be at all romantically interested in her when they wrote that part (since he had to accept her bid to be a partner- so really unless they wanted to battle calls of her sleeping her wat to the top he HAD to be into someone else at the time) That the someone he was suddenly out of the blue really interested in dating turning out to be his ex-therapist (eww!)  was really strange choice on it's own but when he hooked up with his ex-therapist they got for a soundtrack Amy Winehouse's Back to Black which did not at all sound like an endorsement of the relationship from the show's standpoint.  

I truly sympathize with those that were shipbaited by the show runner but even if I'm wrong and they don't plan on ending the season with Harvey and Donna a couple, I just so happy to have a powerful woman on the show again that has real POWER.

Of course, that doesn't mean the show runner isn't an asshole.  ;)

I watch the show intermittently, because I got to the point where I pretty much hated everyone BUT Harvey and Donna (independently of their would-be relationship). 

Spoiler

Now I'm back to hating Harvey, not necessarily because he's not dating Donna, but because he's screwing around with his therapist who IIRC there hadn't been any indication that either one of them had romantic feelings for the other before now? And didn't Harvey dump a lot of his deep dark feelings toward/about Donna on this woman? I just hate that on top of the ship stall they had to make it gross - and likely to be full of BS which turns me off even more. 

I do think they set the stage for Harvey/Donna at some point, but I do think that promoting that relationship straight out the gate when they obviously had no intention of going there anytime soon was an awful thing to do to fans and will probably backfire a lot more than if they'd been a little more coy about it.  

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, bijoux said:

I don't watch the show, but there's been a TV spot playing. No idea if it's for the new season or an older one. Harvey comes to Donna's place and she waits for him with a can of whipped cream. It certainly looked like they would hook up.

It's a scene from a old episode..

Spoiler

I understand fans' disappointment and yet I would have bet money they weren't going to make Donna and Harvey a couple anytime soon, LOL. They teased the couple in so many occasions and from watching the show and reading some interviews in the past my belief has always been and still is that they are going to drag it as long as they possibly can.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting 

Spoiler

Harvey/Donna straight out of the gate or even anytime soon (although I was expecting some progress in that area and maybe I got it) but I REALLY wasn't expecting Harvey to start screwing his therapist. I wish they would've brought in anyone else to be a ship stall - that is just...so beyond gross. Ugh.

• Love 1
Spoiler

I absolutely agree on the therapist. Ew.

About the shipbaiting

Spoiler

There was an article saying this season was going to be huge for Donna and Harvey then if you open the article and read the interview is the same old stuff about Donna realizing what she wants in general and the showrunner saying he can't say if something is happening (Donna/Harvey) because he listens to the different opinions and ultimately decides what fits the story better in that moment..I saw that article quoted a lot by fans and I don't know how many stopped at the title..

(edited)

I'm not a fan of Guggenheim as a TV writer and show runner. I think he's actually a decent comic book writer, but his skills don't translate very well to episodic television. But I'd probably take him over The Walking Dead's original showrunner, if this is true: "Frank Darabont's Firing Detailed in Latest Walking Dead Lawsuit Filings"

“I am in a state of boiling rage right now,” Darabont wrote in a 2011 email to Hurd regarding problems with production on the first episode of “Walking Dead’s” second season. “Everybody especially our directors better wake the fuck up and pay attention or I will start killing people and throwing bodies out the door.” In an email from 2010, Darabont vented his anger at two writers on the show, saying he should have “hunted them down and fucking killed them with a brick, then gone and burned down their homes.”

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1

emmy nominations (Flash didnt score any music nominations with their musical episode)

Best Drama Series
House of Cards (Netflix)
Better Call Saul (AMC)
The Crown (Netflix)
The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu)
This Is Us (NBC)
Westworld (HBO)
Stranger Things (Netflix)

Best Comedy Series
Veep (HBO)
Atlanta (FX)
Black-ish (ABC)
Master of None (Netflix)
Modern Family (ABC)
Silicon Valley (HBO)
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Netflix)

Best Limited Series
Big Little Lies (HBO)
Feud (FX)
The Night Of (HBO)
Fargo (FX)
Genius (National Geographic)

Best Actress in a Drama Series
Claire Foy (The Crown)
Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid's Tale)
Robin Wright (House of Cards)
Evan Rachel Wood (Westworld)
Viola Davis (How to Get Away with Murder)
Keri Russell (The Americans)

Best Actor in a Drama Series
Sterling K. Brown (This Is Us)
Anthony Hopkins (Westworld)
Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul)
Matthew Rhys (The Americans)
Liev Schreiber (Ray Donovan)
Milo Ventimiglia (This Is Us)

Best Actress in a Comedy Series
Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt)
Allison Janney (Mom)
Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep)
Tracee Ellis Ross (Black-ish)
Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie)
Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie)
Pamela Adlon (Better Things)

Best Actor in a Comedy Series
Jeffrey Tambor (Transparent)
Aziz Ansari (Master of None)
Donald Glover (Atlanta)
Anthony Anderson (Black-ish)
William H. Macy (Shameless)
Zach Galifianakis (Baskets)

Best Actress in a Limited Series or a Television Movie
Nicole Kidman (Big Little Lies)
Jessica Lange (Feud)
Susan Sarandon (Feud)
Reese Witherspoon (Big Little Lies)
Carrie Coon (Fargo)
Felicity Huffman (American Crime)

Best Actor in a Limited Series or a Television Movie
Robert De Niro (The Wizard of Lies)
Riz Ahmed (The Night Of)
Ewan McGregor (Fargo)
Geoffrey Rush (Genius)
John Turturro (The Night Of)
Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock: The Lying Detective)

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
Ann Dowde (The Handmaid's Tale)
Samira Wiley (The Handmaid's Tale)
Uzo Aduba (Orange Is the New Black)
Millie Bobby Brown (Stranger Things)
Chrissy Metz (This Is Us)
Thandie Newton (Westworld)

Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
John Lithgow (The Crown)
Jonathan Banks (Better Call Saul)
Mandy Patinkin (Homeland)
Michael Kelly (House of Cards)
David Harbour (Stranger Things)
Ron Cephas Jones (This Is Us)
Jeffrey Wright (Westworld)

Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
Kate McKinnon (Saturday Night Live)
Vanessa Beyer (Saturday Night Live)
Leslie Jones (Saturday Night Live)
Anna Chlumsky (Veep)
Judith Light (Transparent)
Kathryn Hahn (Transparent)

Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
Alec Baldwin (Saturday Night Live)
Louie Anderson (Baskets)
Ty Burrell (Modern Family)
Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt)
Tony Hale (Veep)
Matt Walsh (Veep)

Best Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or a Television Movie
Regina King (American Crime)
Shailene Woodley (Big Little Lies)
Laura Dern (Big Little Lies)
Judy Davis (Feud)
Jackie Hoffman (Feud)
Michelle Pfeiffer (The Wizard of Lies)

Best Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or a Television Movie
Alexander Skarsgard (Big Little Lies)
David Thewlis (Fargo)
Alfred Molina (Feud)
Stanley Tucci (Feud)
Bill Camp (The Night Of)
Michael K. Williams (The Night Of)

Best TV Movie 
The Wizard of Lies (HBO)
Black Mirror (Netflix)
Dolly Parton's Christmas of Many Colors: Circle of Love (NBC)
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks (HBO)
Sherlock: The Lying Detective (PBS)

Best Variety Talk Series
Last Week Tonight (HBO)
Full Frontal with Samantha Bee (TBS)
Jimmy Kimmel Live! (ABC)
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert (CBS)
The Late Late Show with James Corden (CBS)
Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)

http://edit.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/emmys-2017-full-list-nominations-1018796

• Love 1

Excited about a lot of the Emmy nominations! A lot of well deserving noms. Some new faces there too, which is exciting.

And finally some love for Keri Russell. Shame "The Americans" still can't get some love on the whole. But over the moon, "This is Us" is there. Shame Tatiana Maslany doesn't get the chance to make a repeat. I love Viola Davis in HTGAWM, but I could have seen her sit this one out this Emmy season.

I'm glad to see Sterling Brown nominated. He's the strongest player on This is Us. I like seeing MV up there too.

Not too impressed with Christy Metz to be honest.

• Love 1

Who do I want to see win Best Drama? This is us or The Crown.

Who will probably win? The Handmaids Tale or Stranger Things

Who do I want to see win Best actress? Claire Foy 

Who will probably win? Viola Davis, maybe Elizabeth Moss. 

Who do I want to see win Best Actor? Sterling K Brown or Milo Ventimiglia

Who will probably win? Anthony Hopkins

I expected to see Sterling and I'm happy he was nominated. I think the Emmys are being generous with Milo. Same with Chrissy Metz. I would rather have seen Alfre Woodard for Luke Cage in that spot.

And like @leopardprint I'm wondering why an episode of Black Mirror (or Sherlock) is being considered a TV movie. 

9 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I expected to see Sterling and I'm happy he was nominated. I think the Emmys are being generous with Milo. Same with Chrissy Metz. I would rather have seen Alfre Woodard for Luke Cage in that spot.

And like @leopardprint I'm wondering why an episode of Black Mirror (or Sherlock) is being considered a TV movie. 

Is it because the episodes are almost never related to each other? IDK, San Junipero was a great episode but still a head scratcher.

Unpopular opinion, Don't get the Stranger Things love, I liked it but don't quite get the effusive praise, and I really don't get the Barb love, she was barely in it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

When they submit themselves for a nomination, don't they get to self declare what category they are applying for? And then it has to meet the sometimes flexible criterion?

It makes sense considering how short Sherlock airs, its production structure/value and how it is often marketed that I could see it applying for and getting movie status. It gives them a better chance than even being considered a limited series.

I don't know. All I know for once in a long time, I have actual in category battles, where I really don't know who I want to win because I want multiple people/shows to win. I will actually watch the Emmys with far more intention and interest. Plus Stephen Colbert is the host, so that should be fun. I am disappointed about some people and shows being overlooked, but for once it feels like a fair fight in some categories. It's also nice to see that network TV can still muster up some nominations. It's not all cable & streaming.

6 minutes ago, kismet said:

When they submit themselves for a nomination, don't they get to self declare what category they are applying for? And then it has to meet the sometimes flexible criterion?

Black Mirror has 3 or 5 episodes per "season" I guess so similar to Sherlock but it is very much an anthology series though I guess it lacks the framing device of The Twilight Zone. I'm not bothered by it or anything just curious since I would never think to call it a TV movie. I actually hope it wins!

TV movie is probably the vaguest of criterion. And Black Mirror's and Sherlock's team probably seized the opportunity to take advantage of it. I remember the big skuttlebut when some shows/actors tried to switch categories. I think they tightened down on some of the criterion and rules for some of the categories. It seems like the TV movie has gone through a lot of revisions per wikipedia. If Black Mirror is anthological and the episodes can be isolated from each other, then I could see it making a case for TV Movie over Limited Series. I didn't watch Sherlock this season yet, but I know that the episode it won for last year felt very much like a movie, as opposed to a series. 

I don't really have a horse in the TV Movie race. But there is a part of me that is really stoked Dolly Parton's TV movie got a nomination because I found it so lovely and well-acted. It's nice to see good projects getting rewarded, even if they aren't the most edgy.

16 minutes ago, kismet said:

I don't really have a horse in the TV Movie race. But there is a part of me that is really stoked Dolly Parton's TV movie got a nomination because I found it so lovely and well-acted. It's nice to see good projects getting rewarded, even if they aren't the most edgy.

Dolly Parton can win all of the Emmys and I won't be mad. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Thomas Dekker just came out.   Not gonna say called it... but called it.  

eta:  Even though I'm pretty sure it was something of an open secret.   I think its all kinda squicky that Bryan Fuller felt the need to bring up that heroes drama again and basically out Thomas, he may not have used names but it was hella obvious who he was talking about. 

Edited by Delphi
(edited)

Did anyone else watch Hooten and the Lady on The CW last night?  It was terrible - I mean, really terrible. I thought maybe I was being too harsh because, let's face it, there's aren't a lot of new or original ideas when it comes to entertainment, but I don't mind so long as the execution is good.  However, even the execution of this show was bad - even worse, it was boring. This NY Times review is spot on, but too kind (imo) (warning: spoilers)...

Review: ‘Hooten & the Lady,’ Raiders of the Indiana Jones Clichés
By MIKE HALEJULY 12, 2017
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/12/arts/television/hooten-and-the-lady-tv-review.html

Edited by tv echo

Really random question but did anyone watch Tru Calling back years ago?

Hubby and I loved it but it got cancelled just when things became interesting and then they cut the final episode in a really weird way. Like it had been chopped to end but the plot was supposed to be different.

I've always wanted to know what the intended storyline was. 

(edited)
53 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Really random question but did anyone watch Tru Calling back years ago?

Hubby and I loved it but it got cancelled just when things became interesting and then they cut the final episode in a really weird way. Like it had been chopped to end but the plot was supposed to be different.

I've always wanted to know what the intended storyline was. 

I'm so glad you asked because I love talking about it. 

Jensen was going to go full mental jacket insane because he wasn't supposed to be saved. 

In the long run it was going to be revealed that there were two beings interfering with humanity (Think Ellimist and Crayak from animorphs if that makes sense, only more... heavenly) basically,  one being wanted to give humanity its best shot so it gave the power to rewind to Tru and her mother.   The other being just wants to see how humanity plays itself out so gave a similar gift to Jack and Trus father. 

Everything was gonna end with Harrison having divided loyalties,  Tru's dad murdering Jack so that Tru could save her younger half sister and Jack's corpse asking Tru to "save me. "  It would have been fucking EPIC!!

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 2

@Delphi OMG you are my hero!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

I have ALWAYS wanted to know what happened! I googled it but found nothing! 

I remember them ending with a party and Jensen (that's the med/doctor guy she was dating I think) was looking super creepy but then it just ended. And they had kinda hinted he was getting creepy after he was saved.

I enjoyed that show sooooooo much!!!!! 

I keep watching Eliza Dushku shows that get cancelled! 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Delphi said:

I'm so glad you asked because I love talking about it. 

Jensen was going to go full mental jacket insane because he wasn't supposed to be saved. 

In the long run it was going to be revealed that there were two beings interfering with humanity (Think Ellimist and Crayak from animorphs if that makes sense, only more... heavenly) basically,  one being wanted to give humanity its best shot so it gave the power to rewind to Tru and her mother.   The other being just wants to see how humanity plays itself out so gave a similar gift to Jack and Trus father. 

Everything was gonna end with Harrison having divided loyalties,  Tru's dad murdering Jack so that Tru could save her younger half sister and Jack's corpse asking Tru to "save me. "  It would have been fucking EPIC!!

ANIMORPHS FTW

I literally spent 30 mins the other day looking see if a movie was in the works.

I always wondered what the intention was with Tru Calling. I was so bummed when it was canceled.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Chaser said:

ANIMORPHS FTW

I literally spent 30 mins the other day looking see if a movie was in the works.

I'm thinking Animorphs definitely deserves a Netflix anthology adaptation.   Age the kids up a bit for quality acting purposes.   It would be almost perfect. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, tv echo said:

Did anyone else watch Hooten and the Lady on The CW last night?  It was terrible - I mean, really terrible. I thought maybe I was being too harsh because, let's face it, there's aren't a lot of new or original ideas when it comes to entertainment, but I don't mind so long as the execution is good.  However, even the execution of this show was bad - even worse, it was boring. This NY Times review is spot on, but too kind (imo) (warning: spoilers)...

Review: ‘Hooten & the Lady,’ Raiders of the Indiana Jones Clichés
By MIKE HALEJULY 12, 2017
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/12/arts/television/hooten-and-the-lady-tv-review.html

I was planning on watching but forgot it was on.  Maybe that was a good thing, lol.