Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E11: No 'I' In Team

I had a hard time staying awake while watching this boring drivel. Who got voted off the ranch and sent to Comeback Ranch.

Scott maintained, and fell below the yellow line. Everybody voted to keep the guy who gained a pound. Damian stayed, so the two NFL players go head-to-head.

• Love 2

I missed last week's episode, so I will say this:  I could really tell a difference between the players this week and two weeks ago.  It also appears the guy all got their hair cut (aren't they supposed to wait for make-over week?).  I think the weight losses were so low this week because it was a short week (as in only two to 3 days).  That doesn't explain Damien, unless Comeback Canyon's weigh-in isn't filmed on the same day as the rest of them. 

I am in the minority in that I like Rob, I feel compassion for him as it is obvious that he has self-loathing.  I am torn as to either rooting for Scott or Damien next week, I wish Lori could be the one that is gone.  She needs more mental help than weight loss. 

• Love 2

And now I'm sad. :(  Scott has been my favorite since day 1. (It doesn't help that I had a huge crush on him when he played for our local team.)  I also really like Damien, so next week's Comeback Canyon will be sad either way.

I think the weight losses were so low this week because it was a short week (as in only two to 3 days).

OK I missed the beginning because of the President's speech making himself Emperor (snide democratic eyeroll here )  Why was the week short--why would that be?

Rondalee looked really really pretty and fairly thin.  I think she did the best of all the the Craphole Canyon refugees.  She also received an eyebrow intervention. I got a kick out of the film of her and Damien's week at CC.  Every shot of her she looked like she was barely moving.  Damien is lifting Mack Truck tires and she is in the background do walking squats dipping down like one inch.  He's doing an all around cardio blastoff and she is lazily pedalling a cheap looking stationary bike.  Funny!

Does ANYONE else think Toma all of a sudden developed emotional issues when it looked like he was going home?  To quote the Church Lady "How con--veeeee-ient."

• Love 3

I missed the beginning because of the President's speech. Why was the week short--why would that be?

I missed the beginning, too, but I know TPTB monkey with the timeline a lot. It bugs, because now people think they can drop double digits every 7 days "as seen on TV."

In real life, a healthy, sustainable weight loss is .5–2 lbs. per week. But who'd watch that?

Edited by editorgrrl
  • Love 1

I think Laurie wasn't very smart.  Now, she's the only one left on the white team.  She needed Scott in case she had a low weight loss and he could save her.  I noticed that Damien doesn't look like he has that much left to lose.  I don't think he would want to lose muscle mass.

Wow, I thought for sure they would make the 40 lbs, especially with a 6 men/2women combination. I was already figuring if no one was eliminated would they let Bob let his loser at the Canyon stay an extra week or would the winner have an extra week of solo training with Mr Harper?

There was no mention of this being a short week was there?

I watched the show on Demand this morning on my computer so they didn't have previews of the next episode. I think NBC has an NFL game T'giving night so is the next episode in two weeks or are they having the next episode Wed or Fri next week?

Wow, I thought for sure they would make the 40 lbs, especially with a 6 men/2women combination. I was already figuring if no one was eliminated would they let Bob let his loser at the Canyon stay an extra week or would the winner have an extra week of solo training with Mr Harper?

There was no mention of this being a short week was there?

Did all of them forget to take one last colossal dump before the actual weigh-in before the taped weigh-in ?

• Love 3

Had to watch on demand this morning....gawd, all those commercials!....but as others have pointed out, the Emperor was jibberjabbing (even though NBC said they were NOT carrying that!!).  Rather than lose 20 minutes since they simply J***** it I waited till today.  Sigh, now both of the players I was cheering for are at Bob's place and I really don't care for any of the rest of them.  To me, this has been the worst season of BL ever and it is darn near bad enough for me to just quit watching entirely.  Could it possibly be true, do I actually miss Jillian??  I think maybe I do.  How weird is that??  Where in the world did they get this pack of losers?!  What a total bunch of unlikeable people.

• Love 1

Randomly, as usual:

Rondalee needs eyebrow intervention therapy, STAT. But I am glad she hit her goal to get under 218. That was nice.

I hate challenges that require the contestants to do intense work in intense heat. Yes, they have dropped a lot of weight, They are still big people at this point. And even for people in the best shape, it is dangerous to be doing intense exercise out in the sun on very hot days . (See: high school football players collapsing and sometimes dying in practice on hot days.)  I'll say it again, I love Scott. I'm glad he didn't end up getting a twisted ankle or knee jumping up off that sandpile, which was a possibility. I'm glad they were able to get the 10 pounds knocked off.

Close your eyes and listen to Jordan speak and it's like Seth Rogen has joined the show.

Woody has an odd way of holding the elliptical handles, right at the top, like he's pulling a tap beer. I always want to know what my heart rate is when I am on the elliptical. I am also getting tired of seeing a feature clip every. single. week. of Woody crying over his wife. It is sad, but it's like that woman from a few years ago whose family tragedy was rehashed again and again and again.

Butterflies live for about a year. I looked that up while wondering how much of their lifespans those poor creatures had to spend shut up in small cardboard boxes for the purposes of a TV show moment. It also made me wonder if Rob used to burn butterfly wings with a magnifying lens. #WouldNotSurpriseMe

Why wouldn't Comeback Canyon's elimination depend on whether the ranch was sending anyone home this week? I was really surprised that CC didn't play by that, it doesn't seem fair. That said..DAMN, Damien! Yet AGAIN, he pulls the big numbers..and is under 300 now. I'm so happy he's sticking around. But wow.."I haven't been 295 since middle school."  Yikes, I am picturing that eighth grader he used to be, poor kid.

NOOOOO Scott! Freaking elimination table. I thought for sure Jordan was going to stab Scott in the back, but was pleasantly surprised. Sonya, I now actively dislike you. You too, crying machine Woody, and you too, JJ. and Lori. But hey, at least you four "geniuses" kept the least valuable player who GAINED weight this week. Good luck with that, hope to see none of you in the finals.

Edited by newyawk
  • Love 4

I continue to love Sonya - even though she was disappointed in her weight loss, wasn't she still among the top 2 or 3 in weight loss for the week? She just shows up and gets the job done with a minimum of drama.  (Although she is one of the people that appears to have gotten a haircut, which seems unusual versus past seasons.)

I was SO HOPING for Rob to fall below the yellow line.  Everyone would have voted for him! 

• Love 1

Well, that was boring.    The good news is that both guys at crapout canyon actually are starting to shape up.   The rest, not so much.    Is there enough time for any of the remaining people to lose enough weight to not still look like "befores"?     The poor guy with the ugly cross tattoo still has massive side boobs, and Toma has stomach boobs.    I blush just looking at them. 

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 1

I think Laurie wasn't very smart. Now, she's the only one left on the white team. She needed Scott in case she had a low weight loss and he could save her. I noticed that Damien doesn't look like he has that much left to lose. I don't think he would want to lose muscle mass.

I hate it when stuff that isn't a spoiler is marked spoiled, but I can't remember if previews are fair game or not. I couldn't find an answer in the question forum, but I'm pretty sure that is considered as being aired, so mea culpa if I'm wrong and I will remember it forever!

When they showed Lori in the previews, she was wearing a yellow tee and wiping away her perpetual tears with fingers tipped by yellow lacquered nails. I'm assuming this means they're going to singles. It seems early for that, but maybe their hand was forced by the white team being wiped out the same way the Blue team was, which I think of as being "Lori-Ed".

I thought maybe Toma gained on purpose to get away from scary ass Rob after he went all "I want to stay in my own head" on him when he tried to give Rob an attaboy. I wouldn't blame him if he did.

Edited by Sile
  • Love 2

I noticed the yellow Laurie nails, too, and yes, she was wiping away perpetual tears.   Damn woman,  nut up or go home.  Can't she and Woody just have a cry off and get it over with already? 

• Love 4

After tonight, there are seven of them left right? Plus whoever comes back from Bob's House of Pancakes?  If they go to singles next week (and based on the rainbow of shirts in the preview), they have to bring the Comeback-er back soon right? I'd assume it'll be the week after next that whoever wins @ CC will come back to the ranch.

One question I had watching this week's episode though: in the past when they had a yellow line, if someone gained weight, didn't they automatically lose? My memory is hazy, but I thought that they nixed the voting if someone gained weight.

If they go to singles next week (and based on the rainbow of shirts in the preview), they have to bring the Comeback-er back soon right? I'd assume it'll be the week after next that whoever wins @ CC will come back to the ranch.

I thought that the Comeback Canyon winner (last person standing) gets to be in the finals, meaning that they get to go home and continue working for the grand prize with the finalists who are still on the ranch.  I don't think they will go back to compete on the main ranch again.  I predict they'll have 3 finalists from the ranch and the Comeback Canyon finalist compete for the big prize.  

Right now, I'm still team Damien, but odds are not good for him at Comeback Canyon.

• Love 1

Im still team Damien too but it could be tough for him to beat Scott.  Damien and Scott and Woody are definitely my 3 favorites of this season so its tough to see two of my favorites at Comeback Canyon

• Love 1

I thought that the Comeback Canyon winner (last person standing) gets to be in the finals, meaning that they get to go home and continue working for the grand prize with the finalists who are still on the ranch.

Huh.  You might be right - I thought at some point, Bob would return (triumphant! or not) to the ranch, but I don't recall what made me think that.

I'd really like to see Damian continue to do well, but if you look at his physique, I don't think he has much more to lose - I think he's just a big, muscular dude and unless he starts losing muscle mass, I don't think he can go much further.  Plus, when you're looking at someone who is at a lower weight than when he *was* a professional athlete, it seems unlikely that he'll lose much more.

• Love 2

I think they all thought that they would easily hit the 40 pound target and all did some waterloading. They didn't realize that they would all be doing the same thing and end up blowing it. Those numbers were just way too low.

I don't like Scott, but I don't like the "XYZ needs to be here MORE or they will DIE"!!!  smuggery, either.    Toma is less of an individual threat than Scott, and I guess they knew that was coming?

They need Damien or Scott to win, because the rest still look like "befores".     Laurie is a possibility, but she's just lost too slowly, and they're getting to the point where big losses start to taper down.    I just can't see Sonya looking the way they need a winner to look-She's got teeny tiny hips, and carries her weight in her upper body.    

MAKEOVER LIST

1. JJ(?)--guy with the lumberjack beard.  De-Lumberjack him

2.  Rob--Get rid of the age 12 adolescent haircut

3.  Toma--You are the twin of Andy Garcia!  Why aren't you looking hot!

4.  Sonya--EXTENSIONS PLEASE!

5.  Jordan--85% of the fat guys on earth have that goatee deal going on their face, it gives a semblance of a chin-line. Lose the goatee.

6. Laurie--WATERPROOF mascara, WATERPROOF eyeshadow and WATERPROOF eyeliner.  'Nuff said.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 2