Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Fighting Till The End

Jenna visits her mother's grave with Dr. Jenn and John. Meanwhile, Treach and Cicely's relationship is dramatically tested a Juan Pablo and Nikki, along with Jenna and John, prepare to take their relationships to the next level.

The season 5 finale.

Edited by OnceSane
added episode description

That was kind of anti-climatic.  But everybody seems happy together as they leave.  Of course, we know better with JP & Nikki.  I wonder if he asked for the ring back?  It looked pretty inexpensive, but I don't think he has money to throw away.  

• Love 2

The highlights, for me, were Dick speaking in JP's accent, "I have a ring for you in my pocket, but it is not an engagement ring,"  and John saying, "this guy's finale's are doozies, man."  

• Love 8

That ring looked like something a kid in High School would give his girlfriend.  The color of that emerald was NOT indicative of a good stone.  Assuming it was emerald, it looked almost like a piece of jade. 

Supposedly Treach & Cicely are still together.  Is there usually some type of reunion show?  This has been the first season I've watched this show.  

Supposedly Treach & Cicely are still together.  Is there usually some type of reunion show?  This has been the first season I've watched this show.  

There was a 2 part reunion for last season. It was the first Couples Therapy reunion. I think It  was filmed more than a year after the season's finale. The first part of the reunion was aired a week prior to this season's premiere and the second part aired an hour before this season's premiere.

• Love 1

Juan Pablo:" With great fanfare and blaring of trumpets, I would like to present you with this cheap 15 buck flea market ring that is NOT AN ENGAGEMENT RING. Also, I still refuse to say "I love you. But ees OK."

John:" I would like to present you with this video I made for you expressing my love, and this beautiful diamond ring, and this marriage proposal."

Nikki:" I'm dumping your ass as soon as the cameras are off, asshole."

Edited by ElderPrice
  • Love 8

Oh, wow. I didn't even know about last year's reunion. I was late realizing THIS season was back on, so I totally missed it. Damn.

It was more like a reunion for several seasons, not just last season.  It was Catelyn and Tyler, Farrah and herself, Courtney Stoddard and her returned husband, Shayne Lamas and her boyfriend.  There might have been others.  Too much Farrah....I remember that much.

• Love 2

We have a big flea market here, one that runs year round with inside stores open on both ends.  I just returned from there and buzzed it to look at their green stone, rings before I headed to the car.  Guess what, they had a case full of that style ring in all colors!  Who would have thunk.   $60 each or 2 for $100!  I asked if they were gold and he said, "a gold mix!"  HA!  It just might turn her finger black. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
Farrah and herself

This just made me laugh so hard. The entire premise of Farrah going on the show by herself was crazy. I don't know which is worse, just not showing up with anyone - or conning some chick to come on and lie about the relationship between you two, like Dick did?

• Love 2

I love how the editors tricked us, making it look like JP gave Nikki Jenna's ring, when it was really that janky "emerald". 

I know, that was just wrong!

That ring looked like something a kid in High School would give his girlfriend.  The color of that emerald was NOT indicative of a good stone.  Assuming it was emerald, it looked almost like a piece of jade. 

Ha, it looked cloudy to me too. I can get a low-grade emerald ring from Avon for about $20.

• Love 1

Tara, surprised you didn't comment on Dr. Jenn's co-blubbering at Jenna's mom's grave. At least she didn't drop any F-bombs at the gravesite -- a rare triumph.

Also, on the Treach-and-Cicely front, has it occurred to Dr. Jenn that maybe the fact that Treach frequently "scare the crap out of" Cicely is A GOOD REASON for them to consider breaking up? He's a total loose canon/rage-a-holic dickwad. If I were Cicely, I'd be sick of it, too, but they're not allowed to break up because that would mar Dr. Jenn's track record. UGH DR. JENN IS THE WORST.

• Love 1

It was more like a reunion for several seasons, not just last season.  It was Catelyn and Tyler, Farrah and herself, Courtney Stoddard and her returned husband, Shayne Lamas and her boyfriend.  There might have been others.  Too much Farrah....I remember that much.

Thanks for the info. I was so confused watching it because it seemed like couples were missing but yet there were a lot of couples there. I didn't know it was Couples Therapy All Star Reunion. Thanks again Palomar for clearing that up!

This just made me laugh so hard. The entire premise of Farrah going on the show by herself was crazy. I don't know which is worse, just not showing up with anyone - or conning some chick to come on and lie about the relationship between you two, like Dick did?

Ghoulina, I was just about to post about how hard I am laughing too.

• Love 2

Tara, surprised you didn't comment on Dr. Jenn's co-blubbering at Jenna's mom's grave. At least she didn't drop any F-bombs at the gravesite -- a rare triumph.

Also, on the Treach-and-Cicely front, has it occurred to Dr. Jenn that maybe the fact that Treach frequently "scare the crap out of" Cicely is A GOOD REASON for them to consider breaking up? He's a total loose canon/rage-a-holic dickwad. If I were Cicely, I'd be sick of it, too, but they're not allowed to break up because that would mar Dr. Jenn's track record. UGH DR. JENN IS THE WORST.

I'm not Tara, but what bugged me about that scene was when Jenna knelt down at the grave and Dr Jenn immediately knelt down next to her. She couldn't give Jenna space to have her moment at her mother's grave.

When she was advising Cecily, I was thinking "is she really telling a woman who is in an abusive relationship to stay for the sake of the kids?" At a minimum, treach is verbally abusive. His behavior was seriously disturbing to me. He become a completely different person.

• Love 1

What was that poster board-sized picture John was carrying at the cemetery? That seemed kind of odd to me, but I guess it could have been a picture of Jenna's kids. "Dr" Jen really should have been in the background there and let Jenna do what she needed to do. Jen's job was as support, if Jenna needed it.

If I had been Nikki, I would've been very disappointed with that ring and what JP said as he gave it to her. She was always too willing to inhale whatever scraps he threw her way. Now we know she finally sees him for what he really is; took her long enough.

• Love 2

Oh, wow. I didn't even know about last year's reunion. I was late realizing THIS season was back on, so I totally missed it. Damn.

You didn't miss much.  It was a mix of seasons and it was very odd.  Farrah was there as well as Courtney Stodden and her old dude.  They sucked up a great deal of the time.  Believe it or not, Doug (the cradle robber) received a lot of sympathy.

I did feel bad for Jenna at her mom's grave site.  It must have been very difficult for her to experience that.  However, "Dr." Jen's presence made it all about her...again. Also, did Jenna not pack anything a little more respectful to wear?  Tank top and booty shorts?  Really? 

Haaate the "schmoopy pie" BS between JP & Nikki.  Why bother to show that editors?  We all know the real story!

Was the unwanted mystery guest at Treach's house one of his previous baby mamma's?  A past girlfriend or business partner?  Treach obviously didn't hear Cecily correctly.  I think she meant "oh there you go...as soon as there is a problem, you run out the door".  I never heard her say "you get out the door".  I don't think they belong together in the end, but there were other issues beside what he thought Cecily said. She doesn't trust him and he has anger issues.  Hopefully they both get help so they can be better parents, but it doesn't mean they need to end up together as a couple.