Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

The Curse Of Oak Island

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Also - and they do this all the damn time - finding an English coin dated 1685 DOES NOT mean that there were Englishmen on Oak Island in 1685.  It's totally faulty logic.  (I'm sure there's a name for this particular logical fallacy but I don't know it.)  If I accidentally drop a 1959 nickel on a vacation to Lake Louise, it does not mean I was there in 1959.  Or, if I accidentally drop a Canadian penny in Mexico, it doesn't mean that Canadians discovered Mexico.

I've watched this series since the beginning but it has grown stale.  I've still been recording this season  because I hate to give up on a show, but I watched one of the latest episodes and it just makes me mad. 

And now I'm off to sew up that hole in my pocket so I stop losing money.

Excellent point.     Yeah, money circulates and stays around.   Finding a coin of a certain date is not proof of THAT date.   It means someone dropped a coin at some point.

 

But I mostly quoted for your last line.    Off to do the same.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Yeah, money circulates and stays around.

Especially when there was no paper money and coins were primarily gold and silver, which have an intrinsic value regardless of where and when they were minted.

I did find it amusing that the Canadian government steps in and wants an on-site archeologist NOW, after all the digging, drilling and excavation work that has been done for 200 years.  Recording a find in situ on Oak Island seems meaningless to me.

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I have to admit, as a Canadian (and long time viewer of Time Team) it has been driving me nuts since this show started that they are digging stuff up willy nilly and not documenting where exactly they are finding coins and nails and stuff.  They seem to find a couple of items, and move off to tell someone.  They don't seem to be keeping track of where they find items, except for oh-so-helpful descriptors like "lot 16". The archaeologist is correct - if they find evidence, they need to document and excavate appropriately. Everything found on that island is part of Canadian history, and they need to show a bit more respect for it. Heck, if archaeologists had been hired to excavate around the money pit 60 years ago, maybe they'd have found actual evidence of the various water tunnel trap thingies that caused the pit to flood. 

And why have they just this year decided to approach the area around the money pit in a logical, methodical way?  Did they get a sudden influx of cash or something to drill that array of holes?  It seems like such a logical approach.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

That hose flying off was so scary! That very easily could have resulted in a serious injury or death. He was very lucky he got away with a fractured wrist and abrasions. The rest of the show was the same old stuff. I thought they weren't allowed to metal detect without a archaeologist, but there they were again. Maybe that was filmed before?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Arynm said:

That hose flying off was so scary! That very easily could have resulted in a serious injury or death. He was very lucky he got away with a fractured wrist and abrasions. The rest of the show was the same old stuff. I thought they weren't allowed to metal detect without a archaeologist, but there they were again. Maybe that was filmed before?

Yes, that was odd.  Last week was all about "you can't use the detector without the archaeologist, or we're going to shut down your entire operation."  Now it's "Oooooh - here's a little bit of a toy gun.  Let's see if we can dig up the rest of it!!!"

I'm glad the guy who was injured is okay, but my first comment was, "Is he going to be #7?"  And then HE SAID IT HIMSELF.  When he said that, I knew he was okay.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

To me, the only real "treasure" they have found is that toy gun, which they were able to reunite with it's owner 50 years later. And he was pretty happy to see it again.

That whole island has been churned over and over by treaure hunters and storms for the last 200 years, it wouldn't surprise me that they find wood and pottery below ground. It was laughable that the Canadian Government wanted an archeologist on site NOW after all these years of destruction, non-documentation and removal. It looks like the brothers have been pretty good at documenting their digging efforts but they haven't shown anything documenting their artifact retrieval.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Oh god the gun.    Sitting right out in the open.   Or as my SO said "Nope, no one put that there.   No one at all."  That big and that close to the surface is too obvious.    And it's the spoils pile, you have no way to guess the date on anything based on how deep the item is buried.   The Canadian Government should have controlled the digging long long long ago.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

To me, the only real "treasure" they have found is that toy gun, which they were able to reunite with it's owner 50 years later. And he was pretty happy to see it again.

That whole island has been churned over and over by treaure hunters and storms for the last 200 years, it wouldn't surprise me that they find wood and pottery below ground. It was laughable that the Canadian Government wanted an archeologist on site NOW after all these years of destruction, non-documentation and removal. It looks like the brothers have been pretty good at documenting their digging efforts but they haven't shown anything documenting their artifact retrieval.

It's not laughable.  There are at least 2 things going on, either the TV crew are planting artifacts or they are finding artifacts-either one should be investigated to make sure they are operating in the scope of their permit.   And for the record, their methods can in no way be considered a form of archaeology.   They are like so many others who go to historic spots and remove things that should have been left alone, in place so people who know what they are doing can remove them and put them in historic context.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, speac said:

And for the record, their methods can in no way be considered a form of archaeology. 

The reason I said it is laughable the Canadians want to have an archeologist now is that requirement should have been in their permits from day 1, not years into their multi-million dollar digging/detecting effort. Did they not think the team would find anything of historic value?

Studied archeology on the way to one of my degrees (anthropology). I have also worked on trips with National Park Service archeologists in the Glen/Grand Canyon areas. A little info seeped into the ol' brain ;) There isn't any way a archeologist can put their found items in a true historic context because of the extreme amount of historic digging, soil removal and deposition in other areas ("spoil piles"), storm damage and habitation/farming that is both documented and undocumented. If they have definitive information that an area has not been disturbed or has minimal disturbance, then an archeologist can possibly put artifacts in historical context. Otherwise, all they can do on that island is locate an item and properly document it's location before doing any further analysis.

I wouldn't put it past these guys to do a LOT of detecting in the down time, find the good stuff and then rebury it for camera time. If they are properly documenting when they first find it, great. They wouldn't be the first reality show to recreate a scene.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

None of these guys (past or present) has ever wanted to do archeology on Oak Island.  They're all looking for treasure!  And I think that up until now, the Canadian government has considered it the same way. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

None of these guys (past or present) has ever wanted to do archeology on Oak Island.  They're all looking for treasure!  And I think that up until now, the Canadian government has considered it the same way. 

I agree. Is this new "archaeological" approach the Canadian government's response to getting pressure from the public OR a way to possibly grab a bigger percentage of the spoils if any are found? Up until now the seasons have consisted of legend, ciphers on rocks, and stories fueled by a few found coins and such. Now that it looks like the Lagina group might find something, the Canadian government is sounding greedy. If Rick and Marty find real treasure, does the government swoop in and claim the site is an archaeological dig and take everything?

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

The reason I said it is laughable the Canadians want to have an archeologist now is that requirement should have been in their permits from day 1, not years into their multi-million dollar digging/detecting effort. Did they not think the team would find anything of historic value?

Studied archeology on the way to one of my degrees (anthropology). I have also worked on trips with National Park Service archeologists in the Glen/Grand Canyon areas. A little info seeped into the ol' brain ;) There isn't any way a archeologist can put their found items in a true historic context because of the extreme amount of historic digging, soil removal and deposition in other areas ("spoil piles"), storm damage and habitation/farming that is both documented and undocumented. If they have definitive information that an area has not been disturbed or has minimal disturbance, then an archeologist can possibly put artifacts in historical context. Otherwise, all they can do on that island is locate an item and properly document it's location before doing any further analysis.

I wouldn't put it past these guys to do a LOT of detecting in the down time, find the good stuff and then rebury it for camera time. If they are properly documenting when they first find it, great. They wouldn't be the first reality show to recreate a scene.

Cool!  I would really love to hear more about your work but this is not the place.  I have a huge interest in battlefield archaeology and particulary Douglas Scott's work. so you can perhaps understand why I consider finding artifacts in situ is so important. 

It could be I was confused when watching the show but I see to recall that the permit that they had from the Canadian government limited their work to just certain parcels on Oak Island and yet they seem to have been all over the place which might pique the government's interest.  I will have to pull the episode out of my Tivo trash bucket and watch it again.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

If Rick and Marty find real treasure, does the government swoop in and claim the site is an archaeological dig and take everything?

I'm a little late joining the viewing of the show, so I'm a little fuzzy on the ownership of the island or parts of the island, as well as what kinds of permits were needed to do their work. Ownership vs. lease of property would lead to different requirements, but that should have been spelled out in the original docs. I think production is just trying to add a little spice to the show with the "archeologist requirement" twist. I mean, it IS getting a little boring watching grown men stand around staring down at a pipe going down into the ground while the narrator frantically intones about pirates, treasure chests and secret chambers.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Human Bones? I am shocked. I paused on the email and it said that the 2 bones were different. I am not sure if that means that the bones are from different people or different bones. I can't wait to see what they learn about these bones. There was at least one man whos body was never recovered so maybe this is him? I really have no idea.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Someone was watching this last night with me and had never seen the show before. He thought it was a farce and asked to bail after viewing a bit. (It was changed to Moonshiners and he was more entertained). 

Ill have to see the rest of this episode on the app, but it must have been dull if only one person posted (and thank you for doing so @Arynm

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

It was dull.   They are doing even less than usual.    

Last week was the squiggly lines that were somehow conclusive proof they found the money pit at H8.   Why H8 instead of the hole that was two feet over I have no idea.    So they decide they are going to put the casson at H8 and dig.   This week, they spent the ENTIRE episode talking about the bones, discussing the latest theory du semain, then finally in the last TWO minutes of the show they set up to dig at H8.    Yep, set up.   Not actually start digging.   Next week, in the last two minutes they will actually put blade to ground for the first effort at digging.   

At least they used to do something during the episode then cut right before the "find."   Now we aren't getting any actual effort.   I think they are trying too hard to string this show out knowing they will never find anything.   But if they keep NOT actually digging they can keep going with the show.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, it is becoming very boring. Never a pay off or them or the viewers. There had better be a a good finale where it makes it worth all the years and time that I have invested in this. Sadly I'm afraid I'm going to be disappointed. Even this thread is about as full as the treasures they have found. (Meaning all hands are coming up empty and this forum is as good as/better than watching the show) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I am afraid I can no longer find the snarky joy I used to feel for this show.  I record every episode watch a couple minutes and then delete the rest.  It seems that they just keep digging holes and returning to the same old, same old stories on the possible origins of the treasure.   

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

It's a little weird when they have one whole episode about how the Canadian government is now requiring an archaeologist whenever they're digging anything out of the ground (no matter how shallow) . . . but for the past couple of weeks, a bunch of them having been following the metal detector guy around - with shovels - digging away.

A little continuity would equal a lot of respect.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

A little continuity would equal a lot of respect.

As well as going faster than the speed of a glacier on finds. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

They found a small horseshoe. Well? Is it from a mule, a donkey, a small horse? Was this noble steed carrying sacks of Templar treasure? Are they going to test it for any DNA residue to determine if it's from the middle east? Where is the historian to tell us if that pack animal was sworn to secrecy to never reveal the treasures buried on the island? Does that horseshoe have a curse on it that 7 more pack animals must die? Was it lame on one side having lost one of its shoes? The brothers are missing this important animal-lover angle. Since they've researched every metal ring, coin, nail and spike found, I figured we'd get more info about the horseshoe. The narrator is probably disappointed as well. 

01160bf4d1ab9ed86d7fe9a1a16b469a.jpg

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

Are they going to test it for any DNA residue to determine if it's from the middle east?

Maybe it's from the donkey that carried Mary to Bethlehem.  (Hey, it's no crazier than any of the other "theories" they've come up with.)

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Maybe it's from the donkey that carried Mary to Bethlehem.  (Hey, it's no crazier than any of the other "theories" they've come up with.)

We all know Nestor returned to his home in the North.    And had descendants who wound up at the North Pole.

Back to the show -- the theory spinning about how the horseshoe PROVES that treasure was brought to the Island because donkeys were used to carry heavy burdens like gold is for next week.    This week was the finding of said horseshoe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I had one year of high school French, so I'm far from fluent . . . but I kept yelling at the TV about how badly the Lagini clan AND the narrator were butchering pronunciations of anything that wasn't "American English."  Things could be worse, I guess.  At least they didn't go into the "Louver Museum" to look at artifacts.

And the archaeologist is back!!!

"And the caisson goes rolling along" . . . (part of the Marine Corps Hymn AND life on Oak Island).

Edited by AZChristian · Reason: Additional thought.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/10/2018 at 6:42 AM, AZChristian said:

“And the caisson goes rolling along" . . . (part of the Marine Corps Hymn AND life on Oak Island).

Thankfully, the Laginas have yet to need to visit the Halls of Montezuma or the shores of Tripoli!  The caissons are over in the U.S. Field Artillery March, the basis for the Army song, though. (Yes, I’ve spent far too much time listening to military music.)

On an actual show-related note, it’s disturbing how many of the places on my “like to visit someday” list have come from various reality TV shows ... and now I’ve had to add the Chateau de la Rochefoucauld to the list. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, jennblevins said:

On an actual show-related note, it’s disturbing how many of the places on my “like to visit someday” list have come from various reality TV shows ... and now I’ve had to add the Chateau de la Rochefoucauld to the list. 

I hear ya!  We went to Highclere House ("Downton Abbey") on our last trip to the UK.  It was beyond awesome.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

After wasting too much of my time watching Scott Wolters on America Unearthed, any time I hear words like "Templar" or "hooked cross" or "Holy Grail" my eyes automatically glaze over. So it was hard for to take the newest episode seriously.

Did anyone else get the feeling that the producers said, hey Rick isn't really doing anything here on Oak Island, let's send him to France?

Very nice for the nephews that they got this free trip, since I've never seen either contribute anything to the show. They're just around by virtue of nepotism. Jack Begley is the one who deserved the paid vacation because he's always being given the dirtiest and nastiest jobs, digging holes and slogging through swamp water. I guess it's because he's not a Lagina.  He's related to Marty's business partner Craig Tester, and that only by marriage. There is definitely a class system on this show.

I recently figured out just how tiny Oak Island really is. As a New York City kid I relate acreage to square blocks in Manhattan, and by my calculations the entire island is only 4 square city blocks. Hard to believe, but in the aerial shots you can see how small it is. It appears you could walk the entire perimeter of the island in under 10 minutes. That gives me two thoughts:

1- How funny/sad it is that the only two permanent residents of the island feuded for decades and managed not to talk to each other in such a confined space

2 - Since Oak Island is such a tiny fly speck of land, the idea that pirates, conquistadors, Romans, Templars, Vikings and who all else set foot there, let alone chose it as a hiding place for treasure becomes even more absurd.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:37 PM, TexasTiffany said:

They found a small horseshoe. Well? Is it from a mule, a donkey, a small horse? Was this noble steed carrying sacks of Templar treasure? Are they going to test it for any DNA residue to determine if it's from the middle east? Where is the historian to tell us if that pack animal was sworn to secrecy to never reveal the treasures buried on the island? Does that horseshoe have a curse on it that 7 more pack animals must die? Was it lame on one side having lost one of its shoes? The brothers are missing this important animal-lover angle. Since they've researched every metal ring, coin, nail and spike found, I figured we'd get more info about the horseshoe. The narrator is probably disappointed as well. 

01160bf4d1ab9ed86d7fe9a1a16b469a.jpg

Ok I read your post in the voice and tone of the narrator on the show......it worked almost all the way through.  Try it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, gaPeach said:

Ok I read your post in the voice and tone of the narrator on the show......it worked almost all the way through.  Try it!

The narrator is the same one who does "Ancient Aliens." (Also produced by Prometheus Entertainment). So I can never get over thinking that at any minute he's going to say, "could these strange artifacts mean that at some point in the distant past aliens visited Oak Island? Ancient Astronaut theorists say yes."

Edited by bluepiano
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

The narrator does annoy me with the same MO when something is found. It is always a question, "Ancient poverty?? Found deeper than anyone has gone?"  

I still love the show, especially last nite's episode. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Last night I was disappointed for them as H8 didn’t quite pan out as well as they had hoped. I was super chuffed for them to have found the (appears to be) lead cross. I’m glad that Fred Nolan’s son was as nice as to share his Dad’s map and hopefully it will save Marty and Rick big bucks following false leads. This show moves so slowly that sometimes I think that I’ll be the 7th person to die before the mystery gets solved (I have no connection to OI or the show). I’m just wondering if it will ever be found or if it’s a search for Godot. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

This show moves so slowly that sometimes I think that I’ll be the 7th person to die before the mystery gets solved (I have no connection to OI or the show).

My husband and I have joked that if death seems imminent for either of us, we’d think about hanging out on Oak Island, picking up rocks or doing some other tiny task that could be considered searching for the treasure, until we kick the bucket. If you have to die, why not make it useful?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

How convenient just as H8 is found to be yet another dead end, the cross turns up.   All shiny and clean  - storm washed it up doncha know?   And it just HAPPENS to look like a cross seen in a Templar Prison in France.   Where one of the Laginas JUST WAS.    Oh isn't it great how they just keep on with the tantalizing convenient clues but never find ANY actual treasure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Let me see if I've got this right. All season they've primed the audience with OMG soundbites that they've "found" the money pit and "this is really it" dialogue. So last night was supposed to be the big climax. Fifteen minutes of "quickie" dialogue, that they've drilled down, already pulled up everything, gone through it with a magnifying glass... and ultimately H8 had... NOTHING?

I was still pondering this when they quickly shifted to starting over with a new hole. Starting over again? What about the 2 bones, the textile piece congruent with book binding, and bits of pottery, that were all so promising? Does Amazon sell a "Treasure Hunting Kit for Dummies" that includes all these tiny artifacts to reality shows to dupe their audience? 

I'm very disappointed. I'm sure the Laguna group is also dismayed, but I get tired of them leading us on to keep their show going for another season. Especially after the huge hype this season got. 

Even with all the methodology they've been using this time around they go to Fred Nolan's son and borrow his maps. WTH? Why wouldn't they have used everything they could in the first place... rhetorical question of course since "it wouldn't be Oak Island" if there weren't any weird things happening. (eyeroll)

I've watched this show so much that I hear the narrator's voice when I proofread my own post. 

From Amazon.com: WellPackBox Kids Pirate 10 piece Treasure Map Hunt Kit $19.97

91F4AqsdivL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by TexasTiffany

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

Even with all the methodology they've been using this time around they go to Fred Nolan's son and borrow his maps. WTH? Why wouldn't they have used everything they could in the first place...

Apparently Fred Nolan and Dan Blankenship were competitors.   While Old Fred was alive he WOULDN"T share anything.   He wouldn't let anyone else explore on his land because he wanted to find the "treasure."   Since he died, his son wants to end the bickering and be cooperative.   That's why they didn't have Fred's maps before.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I am really confused.  They are giving up the hole they are digging because nothing's there?  I thought they found centuries-old bone fragments from two people from two different parts of the world really far down - as well as pottery shards and book binding materials.  Are these not important?  Why can't they treat the entire site as a giant archaeological site and properly excavate it?  Granted, it would take time, but I think the stuff they found is pretty cool.  It may not be a gold sign that says "The Templars Were Here", but finding these items at the depth they did has to be of archaeological significance.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I agree with Pingaponga.  And what about the drill hole they recovered a piece of a safe vault hinge?  Why aren't they looking at that hole with video cameras and sonar to see what was stopping the claw from pulling up?  Too many questions unanswered.  Maybe they will revisit that hole, since I personally think that might be the "money hole".  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Treasure in Heaven said:

"money hole".

Money pit.

My SO suggested a drinking game:  every time they say "money pit" you drink.   I said we would be dead from alcohol poisoning in the first 5 minutes.

They didn't pursue the interesting historical things because they aren't "treasure."   This is about finding gold.   Right now it is History Channel gold.   And, of course, tourism gold  (one thing they never mention is the "partnership" is actually Oak Island Tours).   But they want treasure gold.    

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I kind of feel bad for Fred Nolan, having his life’s work handed off to his rival. Even though I think the Nolan/Blankenship feud was somewhat silly, Fred clearly had strong feelings about not allowing too much of his work to be used by the Blankenships (and thus Laginas). I hope he was okay with the idea of his research passing on to them after his death. (Perhaps he felt, given his son’s apparent lack of interest, that anyone was better than the research all going to waste.) 

Edited by jennblevins · Reason: I do actually speak English, not gibberish.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/30/2018 at 4:57 PM, Pingaponga said:

I am really confused.  They are giving up the hole they are digging because nothing's there?  I thought they found centuries-old bone fragments from two people from two different parts of the world really far down - as well as pottery shards and book binding materials.  Are these not important?  Why can't they treat the entire site as a giant archaeological site and properly excavate it?  Granted, it would take time, but I think the stuff they found is pretty cool.  It may not be a gold sign that says "The Templars Were Here", but finding these items at the depth they did has to be of archaeological significance.

Because then they would have to admit that there’s no treasure and never has been.  Now they can continue to milk this stupid show by Willy nilly digging holes all over this goddamn island.

I really hate this show and its fake drama but am sometimes held hostage by my husband into watching it, along with other terrible reality shows on discovery channel.  The only real entertainment I get out of this show is snarking on it via text with a friend whose husband also watches it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Last night the metal detector guy was going through the spoils pile -- because that's the place to find "treasure."   My SO was all "bet he finds something" just as it beeped.   Turns out it was the teeth to the digger.   Umm, no one noticed more than half a dozen teeth were missing when they brought it up?

Don't even get me started on going through the spoils pile.   Where you can't document where anything was found, connect it to anything else to see if you are onto something or a million other things.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I too have been watching show from the beginning. I tire of all the cereal and re-showing of things we have seen from past. I learned that the Laginas are listed as the producers and to me that puts it all in perspective. Instead of just filming and following a treasure hunting group of men and then showing us what they find, etc....the Laginas being producers can create all kinds of side shows like the travels overseas, going to labs with small objects, etc and showing us each small darn detail.

Just drill, dig, whatever get your butts down there and find something worthwhile. I used to have thoughts of huge treasures they may find, however thats all behind me. I do not believe they will fimd anything really worth talking about now. Pieces of a long ago piffered possible pirate chest or a Templar chest???......LMAO right now. They may actually get lucky and find a gold coin or trinket, but when we are talking true treasure here that all would have been pilfered long ago if ever once buried there and not for long. News of buried gold would have traveled like a raging bonfire once 1st buried by someone else. Sorry everyone...no Arc of the Covenant or anything close here. Just leftovers of people from long ago who may have been on this island for a place to camp, etc. I am kind of mad at myself for watching all this...simply if a big treasurwas down there...it would have been dug up by the Laginas a long time ago. Period.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Last night the metal detector guy was going through the spoils pile -- because that's the place to find "treasure."   My SO was all "bet he finds something" just as it beeped.   Turns out it was the teeth to the digger.   Umm, no one noticed more than half a dozen teeth were missing when they brought it up?

I don't think the bottom of the "digger" comes up . . . that's why they have the hammers to scoop things up and bring them to the surface.  They just keep adding pieces to the top of the "digger" as the hole gets deeper.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I've finally given up on this show and taken it off my DVR list.   If someone could post a one or two sentence summary every  episode   season, I'd be grateful.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I've finally given up on this show and taken it off my DVR list.   If someone could post a one or two sentence summary every  episode   season, I'd be grateful.

They dug some holes, they heard some theories.   They found nothing.

 

That enough to help you understand the season?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 4:54 PM, merylinkid said:

They dug some holes, they heard some theories.   They found nothing.

You just described the whole show since the beginning!  We should see if the mods will rename this thread with your summary!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Lovecat said:

I think this show is going to end when they dig one too many holes and the whole damn island sinks.  [/hyperbole]

The show would continue. It would be "The Search For Oak Island".

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/1/2018 at 1:58 PM, jennblevins said:

I kind of feel bad for Fred Nolan, having his life’s work handed off to his rival. Even though I think the Nolan/Blankenship feud was somewhat silly, Fred clearly had strong feelings about not allowing too much of his work to be used by the Blankenships (and thus Laginas). I hope he was okay with the idea of his research passing on to them after his death. (Perhaps he felt, given his son’s apparent lack of interest, that anyone was better than the research all going to waste.) 

I am pretty sure that these two elderly gentlemen (Nolan and Blankenship) made up sometime last season.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

The other night, my husband accidentally deleted ALL of our recordings from the DVR. Don’t ask me how?!?

Curse of Oak Island - gone!

street outlaws - gone!

Moonshiners - gone!

Gold Rush - gone!

anything with Richard Rawlins - gone!

Best night of my life!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×