Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E09: Yes, Coach!

Isn't it somewhat suspicious that not only was a football challenge summoned, but also that the White Team's OWN football player (albeit Arena Football--it's STILL football) was nowhere near the field.

Maybe there's something about Woody we haven't been seeing.  In the previous episode I would have thought they'd have used him for the treadmill challenge (which was all endurance), but he was nowhere near that one either.

Oh wait.  And there's a former College Football player on the White Team too.  Another one who didn't step up on either of the last two challenges.  

I smell a rat. A rat named J.D. Roth (Producer). Maybe they aren't getting in the way of the weight loss results (thus the lopsided White team victories) but the challenge picks just seem suspicious.

And Comeback Craphole?  Still sucks.  Note that it took the lameness of Blake being the other participant to finally get a Craphole Repeat Winner.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 3

Damian's out and Lori's depressed ass stays.  Damian is out because for the past 6 weeks he's been losing, oh I don't know, like 6-9 pounds PER WEEK and finally his body slowed that pace?  This game is so unfair.  It relies more on luck than actual effort put out.

That interchange between Scott and the red football player was just about the most genuine thing I've seen on a reality show. Scott usually seems so smug but not this time.  IS IT ME or were they both alluding to drugs/alchohol/gambling/whatever ending both their careers and being the reason Scott's contract wasn't renewed?  Does anyone know his backstory?

Rage Boi--I'm going out on a limb here--is developing some facial contouring and I can see that at the end he actually may be cute.

Blake looks cute but her Mom is still thinner than her (and wears WAAY too much makeup).  Also, the mean girls are still going to think she's fat.  And that may be the bitchiest thing I have ever said online....

.....and Sonya is a MACHINE!!  How does such a little woman lose (What was it) 9 pounds in one week 2 months in?  FOR THE WIN!

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 4

I loved that challenge, it looked like they were all having a lot of fun, White Team didn't win it, and it was fun to see the ex-NFL'ers out there doing something quasi-football. I loved seeing the guest pros get into things as well.

I'm wondering how many people Lori approached to ask them to let her have their videochat. (Or how many players the producers approached to give up their videochats so they could get that Lori and son moment on TV.) She still rubs me the wrong way.

I liked how Blake , on her way to Comeback Canyon, spoke about weightloss in the past tense: "There was so much more weight I wanted to lose." Hmmm. Let's see how well that bodes for your at-home efforts. BuhBye Blake, will not miss you.

Poor Damien. He was way overdue for an average week. I wish he had more teammates left that could have offset it or lost less than him. I hate to see him go. If he doesn't come back to the ranch, then he's my pick for At Home winner. DAMMIT, Rob, why couldn't this have been the week you lost two pounds?? >:(

Edited by newyawk
  • Love 2

Well Blake has lost an additional 30 pounds at home so she's doing great.

Poor Michael Irvin. He went on TBL and all he got was that stupid autographed fat guy tee shirt.

Boo. Damien is out. I do think the friendship he has with Jesse is real and very nice. Jesse is a decent guy with low drama. Wonder if he will be back next season?

Damien needs to take control of crapout canyon, since I can't stand the smug "too fat to be a mom". Whatever her name is.

• Love 6

Isn't it somewhat suspicious that not only was a football challenge summoned, but also that the White Team's OWN football player (albeit Arena Football--it's STILL football) was nowhere near the field.

Woody was a defensive lineman, so catching wouldn't exactly be second nature for him.  Plus there is definitely something going on with his legs - during the weigh-in they looked all kinds of swollen/retaining water/something.  Sonya was a softball player, so I can see how they thought she might do well at catching....until she said she had no depth perception.  Perhaps something you might have mentioned before the challenge started?

I'm also sad that Damien is out, though I hope he kills it at Loser's Lodge (Canyon, whatever).

I can't believe we're halfway through the season and I still don't know everyone's name.  There are at least 3 guys with beards that I can't tell apart unless they're all standing next to each other.

• Love 5

I'm all for Damien for the at-home win or the returnee from Comeback Canyon.  But, I don't think he can win.  He has way too much muscle mass to get below 200 lbs which is where he'd have to go to get to the usual winning percentages.  I've been rooting for Sonya since day 1, for this show she comes across as remarkably normal.

• Love 4

This is the first week I was actually sad to see someone go. It seriously sucks that Damien got stuck with the team he did. He was my favorite. He may have what it takes to be the champion of Comeback Craphole.

I really liked the one-on-one with Scott and the ex-NFL guy. What a dynamic, inspirational man.

• Love 4

I just googled Scott.   Apparently, I pay zero attention to football because he played for Miami for a few years.   Being in the Miami area, I should know that.    Then again,   being second string to Dan Marino  would render pretty much anyone invisible.    Seems he's 6'6, and his playing weight was 240.    If he started off at 366,  he only (yeah, "only") has 126 lbs total to go.    He has to be close to that, but he still looks pretty heavy and doughy.    .

• Love 2

Blake looks cute but her Mom is still thinner than her (and wears WAAY too much makeup).

When I saw Mom, I became a Blake supporter.  Just to have someone who looked  like that to measure yourself against all your life, must be hell.

• Love 4

Woody was a defensive lineman, so catching wouldn't exactly be second nature for him.  Plus there is definitely something going on with his legs - during the weigh-in they looked all kinds of swollen/retaining water/something.  Sonya was a softball player, so I can see how they thought she might do well at catching....until she said she had no depth perception.  Perhaps something you might have mentioned before the challenge started?

Point taken about the Defensive Lineman thing and the potential leg thing we might not know about.  But then what's Toma's excuse (multi-sport participant in High School, including both Football AND Soccer--which is all running if not catching).  Or JJ's excuse (College Football player--although as an Offensive Lineman I admit that's still no catching). Now Sonya played Softball, it's true, but she was a pitcher--the position that virtually never catches a ball.  

But also remember the Treadmill thing the previous week.  If we rule Woody out because of his legs, I still don't get the choice on that one of Rondalee, a Volleyball player.  Volleyball, if you move at all, would be short bursts, not endurance.  

Are we to conclude ALL of the men on the White team have bum legs?  What aren't we seeing, I wonder.

• Love 2

Did it look to anyone else as though they swap teams in the preview for next week? I kind of wonder whether Jen or Dolvett would do better with Lori - I don't think Jesse's done a bad job with her, but I kind of feel like Jillian or Bob would have shaken her out of the sad-sackedness (or gotten her out of there) a little earlier than halfway through the game.

• Love 1
I just googled Scott.   Apparently, I pay zero attention to football because he played for Miami for a few years.   Being in the Miami area, I should know that.    Then again,   being second string to Dan Marino  would render pretty much anyone invisible.

Actually, it's the opposite. Dan Marino went out injured for most of the 1993 season, and Scott Mitchell became the starter for the Dolphins. Mitchell did well enough that at the end of the season, he signed a big free-agent contract with Detroit. He struggled in his first few seasons with the Lions but then had a few playoff runs with them later before dropping out of the NFL.

• Love 2