Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

And of course the worst thing of all is that her mom found out--HER MOM FOUND OUT!!

That was ridiculous.

The best thing those two kids could do for their mental health is move out of JenJen's (I mean Alice's)  house ASAP.  Alice was way more liberal and open minded than you.

Enjoying me some great Lucas today!  I'm always a Lumi fan even though they've given off the sibling vibe in recent years.  They've been great coparents. 

I'm ok with Kristen killing Jawn.  Just stuff a little kleenex in the ventilator hole and wait for it...

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 3

I am honestly not sure if I'm tone-deaf or the writers are because where they seem to want me to be standing and where I actually do stand in regards to these characters are so completely off it's ridiculous.

People need to stop acting like any negative reaction to Abigail's fucking EJ is beyond the scope of reason. (Pal Page? Really? Okay.) Jen sneering at Anne with her 'Abigail made a mistake. You enjoy the misery of others... on purpose.' Once I can accept as a mistake. Not twice. And when Abby has actually shown she has a tendency to go after very taken men (first Austin, now EJ) we are far far far from the realm of 'mistake' and deep into the area of 'standard operating procedure.'

Will Horton is whinier than Luke Skywalker wanting to go to Toshi Station to get power converters. Will Horton is whinier than Anakin Skywalker whinging about slaughtering Sand-People because he was angry. Will Horton is whinier than the whiniest Skywalker. I didn't even know that was possible. I want to slap him every time he clenches his jaw. Which is always.

Look at how disrupted Abby's life is... with her walking around town and making out with her new sorta-boyfriend who isn't remotely bothered by any of this (although he's plenty bothered by other people cheating on his sister) -- maybe if I ever saw her do anything more than stare wide-eyed at anyone she shares a scene with and actually, I don't know, give off some real sense of damage to her life, or maybe if everyone else in Salem weren't so ridiculously concerned with 'protecting' her from... Sami, I guess (who, I repeat, hasn't done anything that most people can't deal with in real life much less soap life) I might be more inclined to sympathize. Maybe.

But none of that is happening.

JJ made the most sense when he railed at Will. Speaking of JJ... he and Paige have the shittiest 'friends' ever. I don't ever remember being so overly involved with any friends love life and certainly not to the point where they had to tell me, repeatedly, to shut the fuck up about it. 

Speaking of not having a clue... Nicole. For the love of Odin, Nicole, stop acting like it's a huge fucking shock whenever someone expresses displeasure at actions you took. Stop insisting that you're on Eric's side. I believed that up until you shredded the papers you put so much effort into finding. Now... no matter how sorry you may or may not be, you need to really stop being so surprised that Eric doesn't trust you. What's more, you actually make me agree with Daniel which wouldn't vex me so except for the fact that Salem acts like he walks on water and I'm already so beyond tired of the Jen/Daniel angst-fest that I can't even deal with it.

Honestly? In the last week the most cathartic moment was Eve screaming that Jen was a bitch. That felt good.

• Love 7

LOL at Sami pleading for help from EJ today. Him walking out was great. Now all of a sudden she cares about the Dimera legacy for the kids? Didn't she say her kids didn't need the Dimera money? Sami's so in love with the money and power of the company, she'd do anything to keep it. She has been proving that for over a year. She protests otherwise, but all her actions say the the truth. She's all about being Sami Dimera, queen of the manor. She takes the company from him and wants him to have nothing to do with the board, now she needs him to call up them all and help her, help his company. Didn't she just tell Sonny an hour ago that EJ wasn't free passed and that she was destroying him? 

EJ telling her to go to hell was long time coming, about time he act like a Dimera, he didn't even need to do anything in retaliation. Sami imploded herself and went grovelling to him for help. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

Abby is really one of the worst, most unlikable "good" characters I've ever seen, and this has to be one of the most infuriating stories ever.  Are the writers trolling? Is this supposed to be appealing to Sami and/or EJ fans?

There was absolutely no reason why these hack writers had to have Sami ask EJ for help. She and Kate probably could have come up with a solution on their own.

Sami needs to burn down the Dimeria mansion with Abby and EJ in it. Let the two love birds die together. 

Can Nicole go to work instead of wandering around aimlessly all day. 

• Love 6

I actually think Sami  has been showing her angst in having to ask Eej for help.  She's been shown on the phone over and over doing her best but they all want to talk to Eej, so it seems to me they're trying to make a point about it.  So,not really her fault.  Kate is a great partner, but she's clearly not going to wipe Sami's butt every step of the way.

Yeah, they pushed trombone Nicole way beyond tolerance.  Fire Eric already!  Damn, he doesn't have a job either, he quit when he and Nicole were going to elope months ago.  SO SICK of their same scenes over and over.  I can't imagine AZ is any happier; she's been given better things to do in the past and Eric has sucked forever.

Abby warning Sami GMAB. When did she do that, so it's OK in Abby's book for Sami to be one of the names in the article but not her sweet precious name. GTFO Abby. What happened to just being an adult and taking it like she claims to want to do. Again she goes around acting like a wild hyena slapping Sami for giving her name away. Sami should really have her arrested cause Abby just thinks that she can walk around and assault people. It would serve her right. Sami should punch her right back but I know writers aren't going to let that happen to their most propped character.

Sonny, really just needs to keep his mouth shut cause I'm starting to not like him in this story right now and thanks to the writers for almost ruining him. I still have hopes that Sonny will see the light though.

• Love 4

So tomorrow's the day that Sami clotheslines Abigail against the wall, right? I need to see that.

Eric acts like a 5 year old with the constant dirty looks at Nicole. We get it-she has cooties and makes you think dirty thoughts.

I sort of missed Kristen' s pure insanity.

• Love 4

Sami should really have her arrested cause Abby just thinks that she can walk around and assault people. I

Sami doesn't have much business getting others arrested since all the crimes she's gotten away with and free-passed. She just dumped Nick's not dead body in the river, attempted murder charge she didn't pay for.  Yet others getting free passes apparently makes Sami mad. Dumping Nick's body is what started this Abby/EJ nonsense in the first place. 

She and Kate are still getting away with that one because Gabi took full responsibility to the cops and only told Marlena, who is bound by patient rules.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

Even though I was hoping Abigail would chew Will out, and she did what I wanted, her face still annoys the heck out of me. Today, her face was annoying me all over the place. Clearly, this chick can't win with me.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 9

One thing I have to say... Eric's Nicole fantasies where she's wearing something sparkly, usually seriously sparkling earrings, has gotten me to a place where I just think that Eric has a fetish for sparkly things... rather like a magpie... more than anything else.

I get that the fantasies are supposed to show us that Eric remains conflicted regarding his feelings for Nicole but given his also very real anger issues with her and her apparent confusion as to why (seriously, what the fuck?) they come off as more fetishized than anything. I'd much rather those two take a long break from staring at each other and then possibly revisit them at a later date. Whatever is going on now is just not working for me at all.

• Love 6

Even though I was hoping Abigail would chew Will out, and she did what I wanted, her face still annoys the heck out of me. Today, her face was annoying me all over the place. Clearly, this chick can't win with me.

Abby breathes the wrong way. 

• Love 4

I thought Will deserved to have Abigail be mad at him, but during the confrontation her words just served to remind me that she didn't care about family either when she was sleeping with EJ (since he's her cousin Will's step-dad. In her case, she's lucky that Will doesn't care about his parents, but anybody else would....). And then I just wound up confused at myself that I didn't want to take either person's side, even though I was determined the other day to see Abigail spit in Will's face.

• Love 4

Back in the day DooL viewer here who's come back for AS/Sami's farewell. I've just got to say that IMO Abby has got to be one of the most out and out repugnant and disgusting pieces of trash soap "heroines" I've ever seen. And I lived through AMC's Babe is motherfucking love Carrey!!!! I nearly stroked out from rage when she alluded to Will's betrayal of her apparently Christ-like hoohoo. After the slap I went all Mortal Kombat "Sami Brady, FINISH HER!!!!!!!!!!!" If she doesn't tomorrow I might just have to find a way to come through the tv screen and do the job my damned self. Wtf, show?!! In what bizarro world does the slampiece get indignant because the wronged wife has no compunction in making sure the world knows that she's nothing but a wack slampiece?

I just don't get how Abby is supposed to be rootable in all of this (when it's clear that the audience is supposed to cheer on her Secret of NIMH looking ass. I think back to my absolute, without a doubt, favorite Day's moment, the one that always puts a smile on my face because it was one of the most awesome tv moments I had ever seen. From the very beginning Sami was always my favorite character, and I enjoyed the hell out of her awfulness. But man oh man, when Carrie(who I couldn't stand) came in and busted up the wedding to Austin and punched the shit out of her me, and the 15 other girls in my dorm suite at the time, went crazy with applause and fistpumps that she got what she deserved. It was one of the best soap pay offs I had ever seen. And I loved it, even though I loved Sami. Because she earned that takedown. And the five hundred other ones that followed. But I was able to continuously root for her back then because she took her licking and kept on ticking. Her misdeeds were never sugar coated, especially not by the narrative. That was part of what made Sami so compelling for me, and made me want to cheer her on for whatever she did next. It rarely ended up well, lol, but I kept hoping that one day it would.

So it would have been interesting to see Abby take her lumps after the affair fallout, take off her tarnished halo, and see where next her character went. I might have even found a new character to become attached to and interested in sticking with the show to see what she would become. But with everyone so willing to kiss her ass and coddle her, and make sure she knows she's blameless in failing to stay off some other woman's man's penis, why should I fucking care what she develops into next? Unless she catches the clap, idgaf. 

• Love 14

Okay. Firstly, no one is denying that Will is a little shit for exposing his family's dirty laundry in public to make a buck (and that goes for Sami and Abby both, cos it's just classless, even though Abby deserves it in my opinion). In the end, it said more about Will than it did about Abby or Sami, which I can't decide if I like or not. I'm happy there is some heat off Sami, and that Will is paying for siding with Abby, but when it comes to Abby vs. Will, I couldn't take it. Did Abby just turn what Nick said to her around and call Will more of a whore cos he got paid? Once again, these writers want Abby to look like the wronged party when she willingly did EJ, and didn't give a damn about his wife and kids. By all means, let's turn it all around on Will and forget our own culpability Abs.

Watching Abby be indignant and talk about standing up for Will at his wedding, made me think how she didn't care about him or his siblings when she was sleeping with his mom's fiancee and begging him for sex. It also brought home the fact that Will should have sided with Sami over Abby from Day 1. Does Abby really expect more loyalty from Will than he would give to his own mother? Abigail is just selfish and makes everything about her. For being such a 'good person', she could not even spare some sympathy for Sonny's predicament of being caught in the middle. While it is annoying that Abs has been forgotten in the wake of everyone turning on Will instead, I'm getting happy because it might mean less Ejami/Abby and more WilSon.

If Abby is involved with Ben, I don't think she'll get as much attention. If EJami have to reconcile, let's get on with it and have less Abigail interacting with them. Let's stop pretending that Abby is in the same league as Sami and have a last hurrah with more worthy adversaries like Nicole and Kristen.

Finally, this is the same show where Jennifer dates the guy that had an affair with her brother's wife and Eric has an on/off relationship with the women that kidnapped his niece. I think it's expected that Will and Sonny and Abby will be BFF down the road (perhaps when Sami has left), but I'm going to enjoy the Wilson angst while it lasts. I really enjoyed the fact that Will brought up the fact that Sonny babies him, which Victor brought up too. I said last week that Will's desire to contribute has to be a story beat that is touched on. I'm just happy to move on to something else.

• Love 2

And for the love of all that is holy, please let Sami give Abby a proper beat down. I find it repugnant that the writers want us to side with Abby over Sami when we saw Abby going back for seconds. The one thing I enjoyed about Sami is that when she was down, she always got back up and kept on fighting, so it annoys me no end that she is being set up to lose against Abby. The thing I would love to see the most is Abby going threatening Sami and EJ walking in and saying that she better keep her giant hands off the woman he loves. Abby's bug eyes would pop out of her head since she probably still thinks she can get EJ.

• Love 5

When Ej talked about how Sami was dumb for outing Abigail because of what the board would think, I didn't get that.

Since the article already said that Ej had slept with another woman and that's why Sami took revenge by taking the company, I don't get what difference it would make to the Board that Abigail had been named. They already knew the plan was about revenge since the article said so and referenced EJ as sleeping with an "anonymous woman", so EJ's "What were you thinking?" to Sami didn't make any sense to me. Even if the article had simply said the "anonymous woman", everyone would have still known why Sami took the company.

I did enjoy Lucas calling EJ "fool" although I have no idea why Victor is being blamed for EJ's, Abigail's, and Will's stupidity.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

EJ seems to respect and be on Abby's side more than Sami's at this point, so I doubt he'd tell Abby to keep her hands off Sami. More like Sami to keep her hands off Abby.

Abby's admitted she's made a mistake and deserved to be fired. Being called a ho all over town, while EJ gets Sami begging to him while he tells her to go to hell and has all the DE board members begging him to call them. Abby's not the one being free passed and getting away with everything. I'm not sure what people want more from her. She's said she deserved to be fired to Adrienne and lose her job because she did go against the rules, she says she's not a victim, she's told anyone who asks she made a mistake and she's told EJ (who keeps running into her and tell her to wait when she tries to leave) to leave her alone. 

May be people want her to where a shirt that says "I'm a slut/ho" and let the entire town throw things at her? Not sure at this point as to what more she's supposed to do. EJ's the one being free passed by Sami and everyone, not Abby. EJ's the one who was Sami's fiancee and the father of their kids and made those choices too and she's begging him for help and will

based on that promo be back together in a relationship with him in no time and working together at DE.

while Abby's still the jobless ho. 

• Love 1

Oh and thanks for giving us the biblical lesson Abifail, throwing around 'pieces of silver' and calling Will 'Judas'. You were the original Judas to Sami, Will and the younger kids along with EJ. You helped someone break one of the Ten Commandments so you can have a seat instead of casting stones at others.

• Love 3

Abby admitted that she did break the rules, but she isn't happy about the fact that she lost her job and she got in Sami's face about it, so it makes me doubt that she really feels she deserved to lose it in the first place. She smugly accepted Adrienne's apology the other week and today she wants to take on Will and Sonny. Her self-righteousness irritates me to no end. None of her apologies sound sincere. I don't think she even comprehends what she did since she's so bent out of shape that EJ doesn't want her, saying he and Sami 'deserve each other'. It could all be down to the actress, but she makes it seem like Abby is retaliating against Sami because she is annoyed that EJ wants to be with Sami and not her.

• Love 4

For her to die.

Or at least act like she is willing to take her fair share of the lumps for the affair mess when someone isn't licking out her ass and cooing at her. But the fact that she's calling out people and slapping chicks over an article that truthfully lays out just what a cheap trick she is invalidates her previous "attempts" to put on her big girl panties.

Then again I'm more than willing to settle for her just getting the clap. I'm easy like that. And apparently she is as well.

• Love 8

If Abby has really moved on she would let Sami do her worst and focus on Ben and finding another job. It's the constant need to march off to the DiMansion acting like her actions are defensible that turns me off. I think this is the wrong storyline to have Abigail acting bolshy and slapping the wife of the man she cheated with. Sami is not acting too badly in this heightened reality. There was a woman in Texas who took out an ad in the local newspaper congratulating her husband and his mistress on the birth of their baby and wishing them a happy life ( without her of course).

• Love 7

The scenes of Abby vs Sami really makes me appreciate the Sami vs Carrie stories from back in the day.  Every time Sami and Carrie went to battle, the acting was just brilliant, making those conflicts pop off the screen.  No matter what side anyone chose the scenes were electric.  The show also had the good sense to make the focus be on the sisters, rather than bringing Austin Peck to the forefront (can you imagine the horror of that block of wood trying to go toe to toe with Sami?).  Alison and Christie played off each other so well that it made up for the things we didn't like about their characters. 

The Abby and Sami scenes don't have this.  Alison is bringing the anger that is required but Kate isn't.  Whatever the execution, this really was an opportunity for both the actress and character.  If I were the showrunner and one of my leading actors decided to leave, I absolutely would incorporate lesser known characters into her exit storyline as a chance to gain them attention and, ideally, move them into the hole left by the departing actor.  The problem is that Kate isn't up for the job.  I think she's trying but she has her limits and they're very obvious.  The biggest problem, for me, is that the show already tried to make Kate and Abby happen with Carrie's last exit storyline.  It didn't work then but, for some reason, they thought it would work with Sami's exit story.  It would have been one thing if Kate had stood her own against Christie and then the show thought they could replicate success, but Abby was cowering under Carrie's wrath when exposed and that's not the way to create a new leading (or even prominent supporting) character.  Carrie had Sami's number and could reduce her to tears when exposing her, but Sami dried up fast if they weren't working to her advantage and went for different tactics.  It was the dynamic of the two that made both of them so memorable. 

• Love 5

Yes, Will certainly deserved the smackdown from Abby, and she was right that his lame, I tried to tell you about it, is pretty useless since it was already written and being posted.  So she made some good points, and I loved seeing Will shrink away from her.  However, as you all have stated, her OTT self-righteousness was a bit much.  I also thought it was fair that she called Sonny out on it.  He knew about the article but only now is he expressing concerns.

The thing about the article that has been sort of glossed over is that Will actually details fraud on the part of Kami, with the forging of signatures.  I would think they should be most worried about that.

On thing is certain, Will is being made out to be a complete idiot, and I wonder if they are heading down a dark path for him.

• Love 1

One thing I have to say... Eric's Nicole fantasies where she's wearing something sparkly, usually seriously sparkling earrings, has gotten me to a place where I just think that Eric has a fetish for sparkly things... rather like a magpie... more than anything else.

I get that the fantasies are supposed to show us that Eric remains conflicted regarding his feelings for Nicole but given his also very real anger issues with her and her apparent confusion as to why (seriously, what the fuck?) they come off as more fetishized than anything. I'd much rather those two take a long break from staring at each other and then possibly revisit them at a later date. Whatever is going on now is just not working for me at all.

@Dandesun that first paragraph has to be the funniest thing I've read all day.

Eric seriously needs psychiatric help, and not from RoboMom.

I seriously hope Sonny doesn't grovel about being caught out over the Victor thing.  I do wonder, though, if Victor really was pushing this article to get the DiMeras.  Because he's known to never do anything for good reasons.  Will Maggie forgive him for outing her grandniece, though?

• Love 1

Abby admitting her wrong-doing gets immediately wiped out when the writers have the entire freaking town jump to her defense no matter what every single time. Her admissions don't result in anything... no long dark tea time of the soul, no askance looks from those she admires who once admired her... plus, this isn't the first time she's gone in this direction so it's a very definite pattern from her that she hasn't altered.

That being the case, the insistence to coddle and excuse her from everyone else in town makes even less sense.

Sami has reacted to all of this in a rather human way. Meaning that I don't feel as though she's gone overboard at all. Sure, she's flapped her gums about 'just getting started' or whatever but hasn't really done anything particularly outlandish. Did she fuck with Abby a bit before the wedding? Sure. So what? I consider that more than turnabout being fair play after Sami was the one holding Abby's hand throughout her pregnancy scare. Isn't it rather odd that Jen is still the only one who seems to know about that?

There's no real sense of justice here and that's what soaps all across the board have lacked for a long time now. No one is infallible, not even the 'heroic' types. I love good guys as much as I love bad guys as long as they're written well and Abby is most definitely NOT. I just find myself wondering what in the hell the conversations among the writers are like. I'm curious as hell as to what results in this bizarre one-sided white-washing mess.

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 9

So the one thing worse than the Abby propping is EJ and Abby feeling justified in their indignation.

I thought Will deserved to have Abigail be mad at him, but during the confrontation her words just served to remind me that she didn't care about family either when she was sleeping with EJ (since he's her cousin Will's step-dad. In her case, she's lucky that Will doesn't care about his parents, but anybody else would....). And then I just wound up confused at myself that I didn't want to take either person's side

This perfectly describes my reaction to those scenes as well.  Well, except that at some point I switched from confused to a intense analytical study of whether the one-note acting makes Will come across as deeply stupid or constipated.  I concluded that you can almost see the gears turning in his head as he bears down trying to force the stupid thoughts and crappy acting out through his pores.

This really is the worst acting I've ever seen.  He makes KM look like Woody Allen might hire her.

I just can't with Sami demeaning herself to EJ for a while.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 5

KM just isn't that good in my opinion. AS isn't the best either, but she is bringing it these days. I agree with whoever said that there is no justice here, and that is what's annoying. All of Salem blows smoke up Abby's backside. I would have liked Will to get a backbone and slam Abby about whoring around with EJ, but obviously Abby must be the Mary Sue star of the show. I think Will is headed down a dark path too. It will be hilarious if Mags chews Victor out for outing Abby thru Will, but she didn't give a damn about his nephew Sonny when Nick was living at the K-Mansion. Stuff like this makes me hate the Hortons and enjoy that Will acts like an anti-Horton sometimes. I sure hope KM decides to work with Woody Allen so I can catch a break. Who writes for Abby? Do they even listen to fan feedback? My only hope is Melanie usurping Abby as the writers' favourite. Abby and EJ definitely have something in common-their lack of giving Sami a sincere apology. I hope they get rid of Ben soon. It's ridic that he and his dumb sister don't have an issue with Abby. Abby should be ashamed, not running around town mouthing off. And Sonny doesn't owe Abby a damn thing. He knew Will was writing about Sami and he read a version where Abigail wasn't even mentioned, so how was he supposed to give her a heads up. Sonny was not aware of Will obtaining info in a dodgy way. And the town of Salem is full of hypocrites. They sing Daniel's praises when he saves lives even though he is a serial womaniser and cheat who sleeps with his patients,, but Will can't earn a living by writing about family? The poor sod is related to everyone in town. Will's methods were wrong but they live in a small town. If Daniel is going to be treating enemies and friends alike, the same has to be said of Will and his writing subjects. They need to grow up.

• Love 1

Oh and the Horton's had nothing to say when Hope was investigating family members after Nick's shooting, so why get on Will's back for reporting the news. If Abby didn't want to make the news she shouldn't have had sex with the engaged son of a crime boss in a shower at a place with CCTV.

• Love 2

Abby breathes the wrong way.

It reminds me of an F. Scott Fitzgerald quotation that when you just don't like a person even they way they pick up a fork will get on your nerves. Or that 30 Rock storyline where Liz dated a Brit and said "I don't know what it is about you...there's just something I don't like." It's reverse charisma because some people have the opposite je na sai quoi where everything little thing they do even trivial is magnetic and charming.

• Love 3

I hate that Sami may get back together with EJ.  That Sami will be blamed for EJ cheating.  That Sami is supposedly the bad guy for not being nice to the boring twit.  That Sami will get blamed for Will writing the article.  I bet EJ will find a way to blame Sami for what Victor did to.  So Sami's exit SL is EJ grinding her self-esteem into the ground, and ruining her life again.

• Love 3
If Abby has really moved on she would let Sami do her worst and focus on Ben and finding another job.

To show her moving on, Abby shouldn't  just lie down and let Sami do what ever she wants to do to her, "here Sami  I'll lie down and let you drive over me. " That would be pathetic. Letting Sami  do what ever she wants to her, doesn't show that Abby's moved on. It just shows how pathetic she'd be and pathetic Sami hasn't moved on, and how obsessed she is with the wrong person because she can't let EJ go and wants him back, so she puts all her anger on the person who wasn't engaged to her and the person she isn't in love with.

Abby was done and told Sami when Sami got her fired she got her revenge, let that be it.  Abby's not the one who needs to move on and let things go, that would be Sami who keeps going after Abby while Abby tries to move on. Plus it's Sami's husband who is also the one in the past week who keeps wanting to talk to Abby.

They also showed scenes just last week of Abby working on finding another job at the club and even on the phone with someone who wanted references from the hospital. Discussing the fact her new prospects want a reference and she won't ask her mom or Kayla for that. They've also showed her with Ben on their date in the park and being godmother with Ariana.  

EJ seems to respect and be on Abby's side more than Sami's at this point, so I doubt he'd tell Abby to keep her hands off Sami. More like Sami to keep her hands off Abby.

I can't tell if he respects Abigail or thinks she's a wimp who can be easily damaged by unkind words.

I think EJ might be underestimating Abigail's capacity for assaulting people, but he seems to view her as someone who could easily break down.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I had to laugh at Abby's self-defense of not being a whore because she didn't take money for it.  Oh, that's so much  better.

Is Kristen going to bring all of the DiMera money to bear to find a doctor who can "fix" John?

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 3

I've just got to say that IMO Abby has got to be one of the most out and out repugnant and disgusting pieces of trash soap "heroines" I've ever seen. And I lived through AMC's Babe is motherfucking love Carrey!!!! 

This! I was never one to say I would quit watching because AS is leaving. However I think I will be leaving after she goes due to Saint Abby. She is just an insufferable as Babe. Do the writers not realize their key demographic is NOT going to side with the other woman? Between the incessant poor, pitiful Abby can do no wrong, and the other stories that only act to help lull one into naptime I think this show is over. I would normally still have Kate and Victor to look forward to but Vic is only trotted out about once a month and Kate is being thrown into pretty, boring Rafe's orbit again.Why do the writers think bringing Melanie back is going to help? I was happy to see her go and don't know of anyone who was upset to see her leave. Her return just means more airtime for Maggie, Jen, Dirty Dan and Abby. No thanks.

• Love 6

@Menm, I wanted to marry your post but the computer ate my original response.  As a long time viewer myself and a Sami fan through thick and thin, even I enjoyed it when Carrie gave her the punch she so richly deserved.  With that being said, Abby's is a bitch who needs her damn face smashed in again.  She really isn't sorry she played slip and slide on EJ's dick and she wasn't sorry when she made Austin believe they had slept together.  Say what you will about Sami and stealing other women's men, at least she owned her shit!  Abby has chased other women's men and is making a career out of it.  She played Chad and Cameron off each other too.  This is who the writers want us to root for?  This crazy delusional bitch who openly offered to be EJ's side piece is pissed off that she lost her job and now her Mommy can read all about her indiscretion online.  I also don't understand why Will is mad at Sami for giving up Abby's name to his editor.  Did the dumbfuck honestly think that anyone in or around Salem wouldn't know it was Abby?  They both can take a stadium full of seats, Will for being a stupid asshole for trying to 'teach his mom a lesson', not thinking about who else would be hurt in the fallout and Abby for comparing her & Will to Jesus & Judas...WTF! 

• Love 3

Maybe if Abigail showed some vulnerability she'd be less irritating. She has this way of expressing her indignation, even when it's warranted, as an odd form of extreme self-righteousness.

Right now, even Kanye West would have to agree with me that Abigail is the most annoying mistress of all time!

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

When Ej talked about how Sami was dumb for outing Abigail because of what the board would think, I didn't get that.

Since the article already said that Ej had slept with another woman and that's why Sami took revenge by taking the company, I don't get what difference it would make to the Board that Abigail had been named. They already knew the plan was about revenge since the article said so and referenced EJ as sleeping with an "anonymous woman", so EJ's "What were you thinking?" to Sami didn't make any sense to me. Even if the article had simply said the "anonymous woman", everyone would have still known why Sami took the company.

I did enjoy Lucas calling EJ "fool" although I have no idea why Victor is being blamed for EJ's, Abigail's, and Will's stupidity.

EJ made a comment that by naming Abby, they lose the deniability angle. It made a little bit of sense, or at least as much as anything does on this show.

I'm confused; I thought Sami and Kate were planning on sabotaging the company. Why is she so bent out of shape about the freaking board? 

Sami didn't write the article.  Will did.  Sami didn't go to the boring twit's house.  She went to Sami's to pick another fight with her.

She didn't go for no reason.

She went because Sonny told her that Will didn't put her name in that article and she figured out who did. Sami's not innocent flower here who didn't have anything to do with the article and it was all Will. Will alluded to Abby but he didn't put her name in it. Sami couldn't leave it well enough alone, she's always her own worst enemy and that's why EJ can be smug, that he knew she'd blow herself up and come running to him to help. Sami always blows things up for herself. 

And Sami has admitted herself she gave the name to the editor. That is what happened, not the editor figuring it out while it would have been likely and anyone who read the article to connect the dots. That didn't happen, what happened was Sami gave Abby's name to the editor to put in the article because if all those horrible (aka true) things Will wrote about her was going to be in the article (which wasn't even that horible, Will went very easy and was even loving towards her) then Abby's name had to be too. 

I'm confused; I thought Sami and Kate were planning on sabotaging the company. Why is she so bent out of shape about the freaking board?

Sami's all about not losing the company, power and the money. She gets kicked out of DE and what does she have? She also can't leave the Dimera mansion because she has nothing else without the Dimera money, business and power. She's more freaked out about the company than anything else, because of what it represents to her.

Suddenly now it's about the kids legacy when EJ's been saying that for weeks and it fell on deaf ears. She did't care about the kids, she cared about Sami.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

There are days when I actually feel like I've lost more brain cells than I can afford after watching this show and today was one of them.  If I had to figure out what was going on without all your comments I think I'd be reduced to sitting in the corner trying to count my toes and humming the old AMC theme.

But SERIOUSLY!?!?  The Abby and Will fight was supposed to be high drama?  For more than a second I thought I was watching a deleted Wizard of Oz scene with two of the Flying Monkeys having a domestic dispute.  Between Abigail and her Kangaroo Ears and Will with his close-set beady little eyes and mouth like a constipated baboon's butt I was horrified but could not turn away.  Then I listened to Jar Jar Binks spew forth her "attack".  Will deserves to be reamed out, no doubt about it.  That little ferret needs a good spanking.  But having to listen to that delusional twit take the high ground yet ONE MORE TIME could lead to permanent brain damage.  

And what's all this crap about her MOM having to find out?  What the hell did Jenn think EJ was doing when she saw the picture of Abigail taking a horsey ride on his front?  Guessing her weight?  We all know that when Jenn does the deed, even with Dirty Dan, that she just lies back and thinks of England, but come on!  I've said it before and I'll say it again - those are some sick puppies in the Deveraux household, the way Mommy and Daughter Dearest have this intense interest in the intimate details of each other's sex lives.  Truth be told, I wouldn't be one bit surprised to find out that Jenn is going to use those pictures of EJ and Abby on her Christmas cards this year.  

And we've got more of this.  The whole "Eric is tortured by dirty thoughts" stuff would be funny if it wasn't sort of creepy.  Eric didn't go into the seminary as a young man, he went in as a fully functioning adult male.  A man who had relationships, had sex, and presumably wasn't as mentally messed up about sexuality as he is now.  People don't regress in that way.  Eric's has the same adolescent feeling about sexuality that Norman Bates had.

Now, if that means he's going to mummify Marlena and put her in a rocker at the bottom of the basement stairs.....well, I could live with that.....and she wouldn't actually behave THAT much differently.....

. I've just got to say that IMO Abby has got to be one of the most out and out repugnant and disgusting pieces of trash soap "heroines" I've ever seen. And I lived through AMC's Babe is motherfucking love Carrey!!!! 

Ahh, another survivor of the "Babe is Love" virus that swept through Pine Valley and ultimately destroyed All My Children.  I feel your pain.  She, along with that possum-cookin', baby-stealing wretch of a mother RUINED that show.  I've said to other people that Jenn and Abigail are the Kwak and Babe Carey of Salem.  Why can't a house fall on them too??

I had to laugh at Abby's self-defense of not being a whore because she didn't take money for it.  Oh, that's so much  better.

Seriously.  I swear that by the end of the affair, EJ was ready to PAY Abigail to stay away from him.

There's no real sense of justice here and that's what soaps all across the board have lacked for a long time now. No one is infallible, not even the 'heroic' types. I love good guys as much as I love bad guys as long as they're written well and Abby is most definitely NOT. I just find myself wondering what in the hell the conversations among the writers are like. I'm curious as hell as to what results in this bizarre one-sided white-washing mess.

Well said.  I've always liked the good guys and liked the ones who waver, and loved to hate the bad ones.  But there is no payback anymore, no justice, and not even very much justification.  The lines between good and bad don't need to drawn severely, and they can move, but they MUST exist for a storyline to have any dramatic tension.  And if we viewers don't get even temporary satisfaction, then our investment in all the action and emotion is lessened.  And then we might just stop caring.  

I also try to watch GH and Y&R and mostly fail these days because there is absolutely no justice on those shows anymore and no real reason to invest in characters or storylines.  I think DOOL is much better than either of them, but in this storyline in particular, they are - so far, at least - failing badly.

I liked seeing Lucas but I want a whole lot more than the dribs and drabs we got today.  I'm hoping against hope that he can inject some sense into everyone concerned.  But now that it looks like Victor is going to be blamed I'm afraid that the show's use for Lucas is done.

At least we should have the pleasure of watching Victor not giving a rats ass what anyone thinks.  Until St. Maggie waltzes into the parlor in the best clothes 1982 has to offer with hair the size of Alaska and proceeds to grind him into the ground with how "disappointed" she is in him.  Yet, apparently, Abigail could set up shop in the bathroom at the Greyhound Bus Station and all Maggie would do is congratulate her on her marketing skills.

Yep, I"m gettin' dumber by the episode....

Edited by boes
  • Love 14

She didn't go for no reason.

She went because Sonny told her that Will didn't put her name in that article and she figured out who did. Sami's not innocent flower here who didn't have anything to do with the article and it was all Will. Will alluded to Abby but he didn't put her name in it. Sami couldn't leave it well enough alone, she's always her own worst enemy and that's why EJ can be smug, that he knew she'd blow herself up and come running to him to help. Sami always blows things up for herself. 

And Sami has admitted herself she gave the name to the editor. That is what happened, not the editor figuring it out while it would have been likely and anyone who read the article to connect the dots. That didn't happen, what happened was Sami gave Abby's name to the editor to put in the article because if all those horrible (aka true) things Will wrote about her was going to be in the article (which wasn't even that horible, Will went very easy and was even loving towards her) then Abby's name had to be too.

I just don't get this.  Why wouldn't Sami give Abby's name to the magazine?  She has already read how she and her family have been trashed by Will.  The impetus for all that happened is the affair between "not-named female employee and maid of honour".  Hell, I would have called the magazine and given them Abby's name.  It seems very ridiculous to me that Abby is pissed at Sami.  She should be pissed at Will and Sonny, for sure.  These are her close friends/rellies.  Sami is her known enemy since she screwed her man.  She had a lot of gall walking into Sami's home and smacking her.

• Love 10

Abby is worse than Jen. At least no one I like has to interact with that freak. If the writers were so desperate to make Abby relevant they should have had her hook up with Dan while he was with Jen. Sami and Kate should have never been forced to deal with these peasants. Sami could still have wised up about EJ and decided to get revenge on him for all of his past misdeeds and Abby would be stuck at the kiddie table where she belongs. 

I'm not sure why the "Sami is a gold digging whore" thing keeps getting brought up. If Sami only wanted money and power she wouldn't have spent years trying to get Austin, Lucas, and Rafe. She could have gotten together with EJ  years ago and had all the money and power she wanted. And even if Sami only wanted the Dimeria money (which she doesn't), so what? After everything the Dimeria's have done to her and her family she deserves to take them for every single penny they have. She should open up the Dimeria vaults and let the whole town rob them blind. Fuck them.

• Love 7

Will wrote the article, not Sami. Any good journalist would have figured out that it was Abby, anyway, but I guess it would have been an unconfirmed rumour as opposed to fact. By giving Abby's name, Sami just confirmed the truth, so I don't get what the big deal is. The whole town would have figured out it was Abby too. They should stop acting like Salem is some metropolis where because of Will, Abby's name has been blackened big time. Why does Abby keep going to Sami's house to pick fights with Sami? She wants to act like they are equals. Abby should stop thinking of Sami as an equal and competing with her to prove she has an equal shot at EJ. Abby doesn't want to admit that what she is was a sidepiece and there is nothing glamourous about defending the fact that you are a homewrecker.

• Love 7

And if Abby is so sorry and feels so guilty why get in Sami's face and describe how you and EJ shared your bodies and your minds? Abby wants to get under Sami's skin because she is proud of the fact that she managed to tempt EJ away from Sami and cause a rift between the 'great' EJami. All through the affair, she mocked Sami and was sure that this affair would split them up. Now that the affair is out and EJ wants to pursue Sami, instead of acting embarrassed, Abby is acting like she is above Sami and EJ and this lends credence to the idea that she was not sorry for starting the affair as she said in the shower that day. Abby should not even make fun of Sami for taking EJ back, the truth is she wants them to split and be unhappy because EJ did not choose her. If EJ told Abby tomorrow that he wanted her, she would drop her drawers like a shot. That's why EJ is going to continue being a shadow over Ben and Abby. Ten bucks says Abby tells Sami that the thing she has over her head is the power to seduce EJ with her thin thighs.

• Love 4