Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, boes said:

I'm very very glad Will is alive but I still don't like him much.  I don't care about Sparkle any more than I ever did, and Sonny is devolving in front of our eyes.  I see hysteria far more than manipulation in his behavior.

I think that is the best way I've seen Sonny described--he's devolving into a hysterical mess over the thought of Will leaving him and their marriage.  He's desperate to make up for walking away from Will two years ago because that's when Will was killed--he's still guilt-ridden over that and he needs to address it or he'll never move on with his life.

And it seems he and Will need to actually talk about what lead to Will's cheating with Paul in the first place--I don't think they've ever had a proper discussion about it.  When Guy was playing the role, his Will was too much of a Sneasel blaming the whole thing on Paul and that Sonny kept his and Paul's past romance a secret.  They never addressed why Will slept with other men and now they can't because Will doesn't have his memory back.

Right now, Will needs to figure out his life now and how he fits into Salem--I wonder if Sonny's going to leave gracefully or turn into stalker-mode.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

He keeps saying that Paul gets him and does not pressure him to be like the old Will. Paul does not do that because he does not care about Will's predicament.

This! Every time Will talks about how Paul doesn't pressure him I scream, "That's because he doesn't give a shit about you!" at the screen lol.

11 hours ago, Garnett7 said:

So far, Paul is the only one I feel bad for and care about.

Same, pretty much. I just don't really give a shit about Will or Sonny. I really like Paul though. 

9 hours ago, boes said:

I see hysteria far more than manipulation in [Sonny's] behavior.

I agree. He's losing it. I just can't tell if that's the writers' intention or not. Like it feels like Sonny is heading for a full on mental breakdown tbh, but I don't think that's really where it's gonna go.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

There's actually a lot of story to be mined with Will, Sonny, and Paul.  Will and Sonny never really dealt with Will's cheating, they split up, and then Will was killed.  Now Will has returned, but has amnesia.  Sonny wanted to marry Paul at one time, but Paul didn't want to come out of the closet.  They finally got back together, and then Will turned up alive.  There's really no reason for any of these guys to turn into a stalker for the story to move forward, but apparently trying for subtle complexity with the characters is beyond the writers abilities.

• Love 8

Freddie is still filming, so he isn't leaving any time soon.

I am laughing at Claire making all of the noise while Ciara had a hangover.

"She was so rude to you last night.  Why is she so angry with you?" She was even more rude to Eric, so stop the analyzing.

"I don't know why I bothered coming here.  You two are hopeless."  Uh, yeah, Kate, that's the SPD all the time.

South Africa?  They had to go with that? That's ... uncomfortable.

• Love 4

South Africa is at least better than 'Europe'. Not the best place. And who is going to pay for the treatment? The DiMeras? Someone's research grant? Theo was hardly in a coma for six months and had that much 'atrophy'. No idea he had a stroke, either. Granted, my PVR didn't record on a few days, so maybe I missed a few things. Claire, you are not going to hop to South Africa with Theo.

Rafe's brain cells figured out that Ciara knows about him and Sami?

Kate, you cannot rush a DNA test - except for maybe a short time.

Are all the DiMeras going to live in the same mansion? You'd think there would be a guest house that Viv and Stefan/Sam would like more.

Ciara should probably be in her own bed, near the bathroom if she has a hangover.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

South Africa is at least better than 'Europe'. Not the best place. And who is going to pay for the treatment? The DiMeras? Someone's research grant? Theo was hardly in a coma for six months and had that much 'atrophy'. No idea he had a stroke, either. Granted, my PVR didn't record on a few days, so maybe I missed a few things. Claire, you are not going to hop to South Africa with Theo.

Rafe's brain cells figured out that Ciara knows about him and Sami?

Kate, you cannot rush a DNA test - except for maybe a short time.

Are all the DiMeras going to live in the same mansion? You'd think there would be a guest house that Viv and Stefan/Sam would like more.

Ciara should probably be in her own bed, near the bathroom if she has a hangover.

Theo's stroke was a complication from his surgery to remove the bullet.  There was a minor sub plot where Valerie blamed herself for the stroke since she was the surgeon.  Theo is a Dimera, I don't think money is an option for something like this; Abe, Chad, Kate, and Andre would gladly write a check for him in seconds. 

Really wishing that Stefan O was a distant relative or even nephew.  His reputation and relation to Stefano would be enough for him to convince the board without making him another long lost child of Stefano's.  I would also find it more believable that Vivian slept with one of Stefano's brothers forty something years ago, then her sleeping with Stefano, keeping it a secret, even after she married him in the late 90's. 

Also this story about her being a young and naïve pregnant girl makes no sense if Ivan was around.  Ivan was her employee, and Vivian is an Alamain.  Like I said before I love Louise Sorel and Tyler Christopher and welcome them on the show I just wish this premise were a little more nuanced and more thought out.  None of it makes any real sense, even for Days. 

I do need to see John and Vivian's reunion ASAP.  John and Brady have a new cousin to meet. 

Also it is too much to ask that Stefan be gay?  I know he flirted with Chloe, but Paul did the same with Gaby and we know how that turned out.  It would be nice to have an older gay male figure on the show to mix in with the younger triangle.

• Love 3

pre-empted for a friggin hours long news cast about snow again. you'd think we didn't live where it snowed in the winter and get a storm now and then . this shit pissed me off so much i couldn't sleep last night.!! what the fuck news people. it's not the apocalypse.!!!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, msrachelj said:

pre-empted for a friggin hours long news cast about snow again. you'd think we didn't live where it snowed in the winter and get a storm now and then . this shit pissed me off so much i couldn't sleep last night.!! what the fuck news people. it's not the apocalypse.!!!

THIS!  I live in the Philadelphia area and whenever the show is interrupted on Ch. 10, NBC will show it on the Cozi ch 248--this is on Comcast, and I think the show is still On Demand--but seriously, I know snow was bad in Jersey, but did we really need to take another hour to talk about it?

• Love 3
On 1/3/2018 at 2:21 PM, nilyank said:

I thought for some reason that Chad bought the mansion outright after Sami took all the Dimera money a few years ago.

They explained this. Chad got a loan from a bank to buy the mansion outright. Stefan(sam) bought the bank so he controls when/if the loan is called. So, he can demand full payment and take ownership. He said he's not doing that...yet.  LOL

On 1/3/2018 at 3:11 PM, BlackMamba said:

?I don't feel sorry for Sonny.

Yes I said it!

I don't feel sorry for him.  

No sir!?

He literally tossed Paul to the side like he was trash so he could rekindle with an amnesiac Will.  He gets what he deserves.  I hope Paul pounds Will something good and he gets all his memories back like that lol.

Yup. Me,neither. LOL to your last sentence...and I hope we get to see a good portion of that.

On 1/3/2018 at 8:06 PM, kitmerlot1213 said:

I have never disliked Sonny more then in today's episode.  I hate that he immediately jumped to the most ugly of conclusions regarding Paul as though Paul was some kind of a rapist, preying on Will, is shocking to me.  Does he think so little of Paul the man he was once madly in love with?

A

I hated that he was trying to make Paul the bad guy in this. How the hell did he go from being in love with Paul, wanting to marry him to this? Holy crap.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Theo's stroke was a complication from his surgery to remove the bullet.  There was a minor sub plot where Valerie blamed herself for the stroke since she was the surgeon.  Theo is a Dimera, I don't think money is an option for something like this; Abe, Chad, Kate, and Andre would gladly write a check for him in seconds. 

Really wishing that Stefan O was a distant relative or even nephew.  His reputation and relation to Stefano would be enough for him to convince the board without making him another long lost child of Stefano's.  I would also find it more believable that Vivian slept with one of Stefano's brothers forty something years ago, then her sleeping with Stefano, keeping it a secret, even after she married him in the late 90's. 

Also this story about her being a young and naïve pregnant girl makes no sense if Ivan was around.  Ivan was her employee, and Vivian is an Alamain.  Like I said before I love Louise Sorel and Tyler Christopher and welcome them on the show I just wish this premise were a little more nuanced and more thought out.  None of it makes any real sense, even for Days. 

I do need to see John and Vivian's reunion ASAP.  John and Brady have a new cousin to meet. 

Also it is too much to ask that Stefan be gay?  I know he flirted with Chloe, but Paul did the same with Gaby and we know how that turned out.  It would be nice to have an older gay male figure on the show to mix in with the younger triangle.

I am enjoying Stefan, but, his retcon history annoys me because it is lazy and unimaginative.   Vivian's history was pretty straightforward.  Her obsession with Nicholas and Lawrence were due in part to her not having had children. Her hatred of Carly and keeping her away from them, was rooted in that.  She was very loyal to John, as his aunt.  During her last stint, the show already gave Vivian a retcon son, Quinn.  Another one is just too much.  Plus, Vivian having Philip was a big deal. I remember her hearing Philip's heartbeat for the first time, during a sonogram. Louise was perfection in that scene.  That was a woman who had never had a baby before. Vivian bonded with Philip, in utero.  It was not just a scheme to get back at Kate and get Victor.  It became much more.  I find it disheartening that the show twist the characters' histories to fit their agenda. They did that with Maggie and Summer, Victor with Deimos and Xander. 

We do need a villain to shake things up. I feel that Stefan is going to be wasted on Chabby. I find them boring. What made Stefano and Victor so good as villains were their respective dynamics with their rivals.  

I would have had Stefan be the one who kept Will away from his loved ones.  Not Susan. Will could have developed Stockholm syndrome and fallen in love with Stefan's son.  Will coming back to Salem, already in a relationship could have brought another layer to Will and Paulson. Perhaps, Will's new man had a son that they were raising as a family.   Stefan should have been Orpheus son. I would have had his sister already in town, pursuing, a vulnerable Eric, manipulating Brady, having bitter rivalries with Sami and Belle, as part of, their nefarious plans, to get back, at Jarlena.  Use established history, by tying Marlena's missing years with Will's. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

So with the Stefan retcon are we pretending that Quinn, Vivian's other retcon son, now never existed? Vivian didn't mention him while going on and on about finding this long lost son. 

They literally just did a version of this plot last time Vivian was around. They also had Chloe voicing her hatred of Vivian, but no mention of Quinn who was the root of that plot. 

This premise could of actually been much more daring and sensical if history was actually used. 

The one compliment I will give outside of the actors is the very plausible and sensical explanation to Stefan controlling the house. That made perfect sense and played on what we the viewers actually saw on the show. 

• Love 2

Good for Roman and Anna for getting it on.  :)

What is up with Ciara's hair?

"I'm not here to make excuses.  Just let me explain."  Er ...

Way to blab, Anna.

And so ... Stabigail (Stabby?) begins ...

Ooh, Vivian and Andre.  I knew Andre was no good.

• Love 5

Anna dropping Carrie off at Roman's is one of my very first memories of Days, so neat to have her back, and with Roman.

Jennifer getting misinformation via Anna's half over-heard conversation is a soap staple.

Eric talking with his Dad. Jennifer and Hope talking.  Both good. 

Ciara has too much hair, but I like the actress. I think she'll be ok if they give her decent material to work with.

Speaking of hair, Jennifer's looked really nice today.

Kate's, not so much. Too many extensions, I think. And what is with the shoulders on that jacket!

Andre working with Vivian.  I haven't trusted him from the beginning, nice to see we're finally learning he really is a snake.

Abigail and Stefan.  She about to check off another Dimera on her list?

Is Hope gonna find out the truth? If so, hope it breaks up Rope once and for all.

So, pretty good episode.  Soapy, for sure.

• Love 9

Ciara's hair did look ridiculous--I actually couldn't concentrate on what she was saying to Rafe, it was so distracting.

I wonder if the Vivian/Andre partnership won't turn out to be another ploy and  it will be revealed that Andre was looking out for Chad all along--maybe?

I want to see Eric really fight for Jenn and not just be mopey--they could adorable together if given a chance.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Ciara's hair did look ridiculous--I actually couldn't concentrate on what she was saying to Rafe, it was so distracting.

I wonder if the Vivian/Andre partnership won't turn out to be another ploy and  it will be revealed that Andre was looking out for Chad all along--maybe?

I want to see Eric really fight for Jenn and not just be mopey--they could adorable together if given a chance.

Yeah, I'm thinking Andre is double crossing Vivian.  Or at least I hope so.  They really need to decide what to do with his character.

• Love 3

I just started today's episode but have you all noticed that suddenly Hope's head has gotten bigger?  It's sticking out in the back.  I noticed it yesterday and then today I noticed Jenn's was a little that way too.  And talking about big heads, Ciara could get a job as a planet at a planetarium

Has Salem finally been taken over by aliens?

giphy.gif

Big head aliens?  Poor hair and makeup folks.....

And will they eat Rafe?

• Love 5

Eating Rafe would give the aliens indigestion and/or nightmares. Or turn him or them in to Gremlins!

Ciara, please flat-iron or do something to tame the distracting hair. As someone who has a lot of fine hair, the thick mane is just too.... much.

Ciara, Rafe is unlikely to tell Hope about Sami for a while. Let it go.

Chad and Abby playing good and bad cop? That'll work. Already a shirtless Stefan. Sigh.

Not surprising that Andre is in cahoots with Vivian - but is he really in cahoots or just playing a long con with her?

Kate, please wash your hair and get it back to its nice sleek style.

Liked the return of Anna. I've always thought that she was incredibly beautiful.

• Love 6
On 2018-01-04 at 1:53 AM, TeeVee329 said:

Will leaving Sonny like this is classically soapy - I keep going back to Maria/Edmund on AMC, I believe that story went a very similar way - but it also feels like Freddie Smith's contract might almost be up.  Or Ron has a blind spot to how Sonny's coming off, which can be a weakness of his coughRexandGigicough.

According to Jason47 Freddie's contract is up February 2018. He does appear to be phoning it in during most of his scenes for the past few months now. So maybe this could all be them prepping in advance for his exit SL. I'm just speculating based on his contracting ending next month. The way Ron is talking WilSon seems to be the endgame though so maybe they take a break and resume when Freddie comes back if this proves to be true...

I think Sonny is acting pretty in character as of present. He has always been pushy and domineering when it comes to Will so to me that isn't out of the ordinary.

Edited by betweenthelines
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

THIS!  I live in the Philadelphia area and whenever the show is interrupted on Ch. 10, NBC will show it on the Cozi ch 248--this is on Comcast, and I think the show is still On Demand--but seriously, I know snow was bad in Jersey, but did we really need to take another hour to talk about it?

i have no choice but to watch it on satellite. i don't have cable or unlimited internet time. living in the boonies is the pits.  i wish they would knock off the crying wolf as far as the news and weather goes these days. it really pisses me off. 

13 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Good for Roman and Anna for getting it on.  :)

What is up with Ciara's hair?

"I'm not here to make excuses.  Just let me explain."  Er ...

Way to blab, Anna.

And so ... Stabigail (Stabby?) begins ...

Ooh, Vivian and Andre.  I knew Andre was no good.

i am so disappointed. i wanted andre to be either tony!! or new and improved. hate ciaras hair but lucky for her she has access to studio hair stylists because thick curly hair is a bitch to control. when she is on all i can focus on is her hair. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

i hope  you are right about andre!! agree about ciara's hair. tone it down hair people. cut it or something. it is truly way too distracting.

don't like eric and jen. she is too frumpy and old looking for him.  he needs a younger, less haus frau woman. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, msrachelj said:

i hope  you are right about andre!! agree about ciara's hair. tone it down hair people. cut it or something. it is truly way too distracting. 

With Anna being back, this would be the perfect time to reveal that Andre is really Tony, and that he is looking out for Chad and the Dimera's. That would also explain his falling in love with Kate, and his friendship with Abigail.  And make "Tanna" an eventual possibility. 

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 3

I think DAYS will follow the same path as AMC did with the Maria/Edmund storyline referenced above. Edmund was engaged to marry Brooke, and an amnesiac Maria, going by Maureen, turned up alive, and Edmund dumped Brooke. But "Maureen" didn't want Edmund, and got together with Aidan. However, the second she got her memory back, she dumped Aidan and ran back to Edmund's arms. I'd like to see better for Paul than ending up as the Aidan in this scenario - give him somebody new altogether - but probably not.

Sigh. I was enjoying Tyler's Stefan and then he had to pull that move of telling Abby to enter his room when he is naked. Congratulations, RC, on turning your new toy Stefan into a combination of Harvey and Louis CK. If I were on Twitter, I'd roast RC for that (and then get blocked, I suppose, as I hear he's thin-skinned). All the show had to do was just have Abby walk in on him unannounced, and it would've all been fine instead of gross. But they're also clearly going to do a Chad/Abby/Stefan triangle with Chloe as the unlucky one Stefan passes some time with while mooning after Abby. No thanks.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Black Knight said:

I think DAYS will follow the same path as AMC did with the Maria/Edmund storyline referenced above. Edmund was engaged to marry Brooke, and an amnesiac Maria, going by Maureen, turned up alive, and Edmund dumped Brooke. But "Maureen" didn't want Edmund, and got together with Aidan. However, the second she got her memory back, she dumped Aidan and ran back to Edmund's arms. I'd like to see better for Paul than ending up as the Aidan in this scenario - give him somebody new altogether - but probably not.

Sigh. I was enjoying Tyler's Stefan and then he had to pull that move ........

But they're also clearly going to do a Chad/Abby/Stefan triangle with Chloe as the unlucky one Stefan passes some time with while mooning after Abby. No thanks.

WTF was that?  Talk about being criminally clueless.  And this is the show that cuts scenes all the time, but nobody thought about cutting THAT?

I wish now that Abby had gone ahead and cut "that".....

And what's with Chloe always being filler for these Salem dweebs while they wait for their twu wuvs, anyway?  She's smart, she's gorgeous, but she's essentially a romantic bookmark?  Huh?

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, boes said:

WTF was that?  Talk about being criminally clueless.  And this is the show that cuts scenes all the time, but nobody thought about cutting THAT?

I wish now that Abby had gone ahead and cut "that".....

And what's with Chloe always being filler for these Salem dweebs while they wait for their twu wuvs, anyway?  She's smart, she's gorgeous, but she's essentially a romantic bookmark?  Huh?

Amen.  I'm a Chloe fan so maybe a little biased, but really none of these red blooded "straight" men are drooling over Chloe?  Not that any of the women on the show are unattractive but seriously.  The only good/realistic thing about Daniel was his attraction and infatuation with Chloe. 

• Love 4

So far I'm finding Stefan/Sam really monotone and flat. The guy looks like an MMA fighter but doesn't strike me as a businessman at all. I'm almost laughing at his dull facial expressions. His dialogue isn't the worst so I just wish they had found someone maybe with an Italian accent or some sort of flare or dramatic delivery. I don't think this guy is going to be much fun. And now that you guys have compared him to Deimos already that's basically all I can think about in his scenes. I'm dreading the coming months and his storylines...and I didn't even realize how badly he contradicted Vivian's established history!

I really loved how they referenced that sweet Theo/Kate moment from her wedding to Stefano back when Theo first woke up on Xmas Day (yes, I'm catching up). Him saying he loves her in spite of her manipulating him was so touching.

Sidenote but I really want to see LK win an Emmy for her wonderful work. I just don't think she's getting the consistency that comes with having a big dramatic overarching storyline. I mean, as it stands right now, what would be in her Emmy reel? Obviously her awesome scene with Clyde where she broke down and got through to him in order to get the truth about Will. And then maybe some of the stuff with Theo. But those are two different storylines and somehow I think that would only confuse the Emmy voters.

Abigail and Andre as BFFs is definitely one of the weirdest things the show has ever done. Do they honestly think people watching are enjoying them as friends? Did they really think we'd be laughing along with Abigail as she joked that they were both mentally unwell?

I'm really liking Anna now that she isn't running around with that stupid urn talking about her Tony.

I'm really glad that Will broke things off with Sonny but I find it immensely creepy the way he keeps forcing himself on Paul. Even with his amnesia, I just can't think of any reason why that would be excusable. And aren't gay men basically the least likely people to just randomly start kissing strangers when they can't be sure what their reaction will be? I know Paul is out but that doesn't mean he wouldn't sock Will in the face...especially since Will is the reason he can't be married to Sonny. And the way Chandler is playing it, I don't see Paul being swept away by Will's charms. There's something almost a little skeevy about him right now.

I can't tell if I'm completely confused by Andre helping Vivian or whether I'm just in different. I'm enjoying Vivian so much I can't help but think she's going to be off the show in precisely two minutes. I would happily trade Rafe, Lani, Sonny and Andre for her sticking around long-term.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Sigh. I was enjoying Tyler's Stefan and then he had to pull that move of telling Abby to enter his room when he is naked. Congratulations, RC, on turning your new toy Stefan into a combination of Harvey and Louis CK. If I were on Twitter, I'd roast RC for that (and then get blocked, I suppose, as I hear he's thin-skinned). All the show had to do was just have Abby walk in on him unannounced, and it would've all been fine instead of gross. But they're also clearly going to do a Chad/Abby/Stefan triangle with Chloe as the unlucky one Stefan passes some time with while mooning after Abby. No thanks.

This. Just all of this. I wasn't surprised though since RC has a weird fixation on rape/sexual assault/etc. Also, yea, I am not down for this Chad/Abby/Stefan triangle at all.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Black Knight said:

This is off-topic, but, I loved Brooke and Edmund. Brooke finally got a man that was not Erica's ex. He only had eyes for her. Yet, the show broke them up and attached Edmund to Maria.  Will will get with Paul and  he will break Paul's heart to get back with Sonny.  Sonny will be with the new guy causing a lot of angst for everybody involved..

To be fair to Ron, he wrote this Abigail/Stefan scene before the sexual harassment scandals came to light. Ron has a weird rape fetish that is offensive.  Ron is super sensitive and does not like criticism. I expect that he will push Stefan and Abigail as the next big thing. This will be the first couple that he creates and Ron has a tendency to push his favorites down the viewers' throats.. Ron can be good with events, but, his lack of cohesion in his stories leave a lot to be desired. He will have a lot of stuff occur offscreen that will be at odds with what we see.  He will rush a story and not let it flow naturally. He will drop plots and act like it never happened.. I am not too confident in Ron's abilities. He overdoes a lot of camp and had to be reigned in on how he wanted to write Susan. If the Susan fans were disappointed with her return, you guys dodged a bullet. Eileen was very specific and protective of the character of Susan.. I hate to be a Debbie downer, but, Ron is overrated..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

BTW! I can never keep track of when Nadia Bjorlin was pregnant, left, returned, pregnant again, had the kid(s) and on went on maternity leave and returned again. Can someone give me the 411 timeline on her births and when she has been back on Days? I just thought of yesterday when she was standing behind the bar with busboy tray hiding her stomach again. LOL!!!

• Love 2

This is Nadia's second pregnancy and the fact that she was hiding behind the counter and Chad in her scenes means she is still pregnant with the second child (at least what we see on screen).  So Chloe the character should be "missing" soon or just not as featured much  since Nadia will need to take a maternity leave. 

My understanding is that in present time Nadia has had the baby but not sure if she is back at work.  So as far as what we see on screen Chloe should be featured less in the near future. 

The actual length of her maternity leave I don't know since I would imagine Days is accommodating to Nadia coming back ASAP and would attempt to make her as comfortable as possible. 

• Love 4

I am not too confident in Ron's abilities. He overdoes a lot of camp and had to be reigned in on how he wanted to write Susan. If the Susan fans were disappointed with her return, you guys dodged a bullet. Eileen was very specific and protective of the character of Susan..

Really? Eileen reigned him in? How?

...very curious now...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Really? Eileen reigned him in? How?

...very curious now...

It was the powers that be, Ron wanted to write Susan really far out.  Ron overdoes camp. Anybody who watched One life to live remember the nightmare with Jess/Tess mess, teenage Jess..The Ford and his Brothers..Yuck..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, JBC344 said:

This is Nadia's second pregnancy and the fact that she was hiding behind the counter and Chad in her scenes means she is still pregnant with the second child (at least what we see on screen).  So Chloe the character should be "missing" soon or just not as featured much  since Nadia will need to take a maternity leave. 

My understanding is that in present time Nadia has had the baby but not sure if she is back at work.  So as far as what we see on screen Chloe should be featured less in the near future. 

The actual length of her maternity leave I don't know since I would imagine Days is accommodating to Nadia coming back ASAP and would attempt to make her as comfortable as possible. 

Thanks. With the taping schedule of Days I was getting confused when she was pregnant and given birth. LOL!! Thanks. again.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I hate to be a Debbie downer, but, Ron is overrated..

I feel like most fans hate him now though. At the beginning of his time on OLTL it felt like everyone (fans and media) was praising him, but I think he deserved it then. He is capable of doing some great stuff, but he has so many bad ideas and biases and they always show up and ruin whatever good he does. I think that's pretty much true of all the soap writers around nowadays though.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I feel like most fans hate him now though. At the beginning of his time on OLTL it felt like everyone (fans and media) was praising him, but I think he deserved it then. He is capable of doing some great stuff, but he has so many bad ideas and biases and they always show up and ruin whatever good he does. I think that's pretty much true of all the soap writers around nowadays though.

Every writing team always found ways to degrade Blair. I got sick of it.  Kassie was always such a team player. I never really understood why the show always put Blair in the most humiliating storylines.  She was never allowed to win.  It was why I hated Kelly, she killed Blair's baby and was so demanding about Blair forgiving her.  I loved Blair and Eli.  She found a man that valued her.  I liked her with Todd, but, Eli made her feel special and loved.. Ron trashed Eli for no reason.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Every writing team always found ways to degrade Blair. I got sick of it.  Kassie was always such a team player. I never really understood why the show always put Blair in the most humiliating storylines.  She was never allowed to win.  It was why I hated Kelly, she killed Blair's baby and was so demanding about Blair forgiving her.  I loved Blair and Eli.  She found a man that valued her.  I liked her with Todd, but, Eli made her feel special and loved.. Ron trashed Eli for no reason.  

This.  Yes.  X 10.  And Eli's turn into bad guy was as clumsy and unbelievable as all of the Ford Brothers combined.  Which makes me long for again for the Chandelier of Death..

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Well said.  Ron does have talent and he does know - and love - the genre.  But he needs someone to reign him in when his worst impulses start taking over.  Which they undoubtedly will again.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

So far I generally like what he's doing. 

Me too. And I will probably hang on to loving it longer than most people. I like a lot of RC's style. I love camp. RC's main problems imo are that he doesn't really know how to follow through on stories and, his biggest issue, his rape fetish.

Today featured most stuff I'm not the interested in, but I didn't mind it. It was fine. TC continues to look good. I am not looking forward to Stefan being in love with Abby though. Although I welcome anything that might mean I don't have to suffer through Chad/Abby anymore.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Me too. And I will probably hang on to loving it longer than most people. I like a lot of RC's style. I love camp. RC's main problems imo are that he doesn't really know how to follow through on stories and, his biggest issue, his rape fetish.

Today featured most stuff I'm not the interested in, but I didn't mind it. It was fine. TC continues to look good. I am not looking forward to Stefan being in love with Abby though. Although I welcome anything that might mean I don't have to suffer through Chad/Abby anymore.

Whatever happens, Chabby will get back together. Ron in his interview said that he was told to reunite them asap..

• Love 1
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

Ew. But still, I welcome any time they aren't together lol.

I feel your pain. I don't care for chabby either. I don't want Stefan wasted on Abigail. He should be going after a Brady female. Stefanie and Theresa should be in his cross hairs. Even Belle and Chloe.  Abigail is uninteresting to me.  She needed to be rested for a long time..  Chad is okay, but, I don't buy him as a ruthless Dimera. I also preferred Casey as Chad..

• Love 6
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I prefer Abby to Chad, but I agree that I don't want Stefan with her. I liked the brief scene he had with Chloe. I love Chloe in general so I'd like to see her have more to do.

Chloe should be with Philip. I thought that the show would have put her back with Brady.  I also liked Philip with Belle.. I paid attention to Belle when she was with him. I was never a Shelle fan. I always felt that coupling stymied, the potential of both characters, to be so much more than they are...I always felt that is why they keep getting written out..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

This may be the first time I've ever seen a person actually speak up when they walked in on somebody naked.

Why is Ciara backpedaling on the Rafe and Sami thing?

"You Americans?" Where is "Sam Maitland" from?  And if he spent most of his life in Europe, why does he have an American accent?

"Sparks tend to glow during the bad times."  Er, what?

• Love 1

Dull episode today.

At least Stefan put a shirt on. He certainly could have told Abs to wait a second til he got dressed. Why would he want to waste his time on her?

Rafe, you know perfectly well that in Salemland that secrets tend to come out at a very inopportune time. Have lunch or dinner with Hope or whatever, and tell her about your liaison or whatever it was with Sami.

Ciara, maybe you can go to South Africa too.

And Andre, what exactly are you up to? Your last line was quite cryptic and interesting.

• Love 3