Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Maybe Myron saved up for years for his new car. Or not. None of Hope's business unless he is under investigation for some crime.

What amused me is how willing he was to tell Hope how he purchased the car, knowing Hope is a cop. I would think in his line business he would be careful who he talks to. Myron might be Dario's downfall.

11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Unless there is a zoo or a ship crashed and left behind some animals, the island probably wouldn't have more than maybe mice or whatever made its way to it. Maybe a few wild boars, if that. Wolves, lions, olives, peaches, lemons? I doubt it.

Maybe Myron saved up for years for his new car. Or not. None of Hope's business unless he is under investigation for some crime.

And where is this island supposed to be?  They didn't make it very far out of Greece, right, so they are somewhere in the Mediterranean Sea?  They're probably in Spain and just too stupid to realize they aren't on an actual island.  There's a town a mile away...

People in the tech industry make good money.  Myron could probably easily afford a nice car because he makes a really nice salary.  (I didn't see the episodes, just the comments here, but this whole thing sounds really stupid to me.)

• Love 2

Wow, color me shocked.  We got both a "Jungle Madness" and a "Peter Blake" reference.  Did a longtime fan mysteriously sneak into the writer's room?  Is this a small seed of Ron's new writing coming through?

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

And where is this island supposed to be?  They didn't make it very far out of Greece, right, so they are somewhere in the Mediterranean Sea?  They're probably in Spain and just too stupid to realize they aren't on an actual island.  There's a town a mile away...

That would be awesome if that happened--maybe that's where Eli is, hanging out in the town's hotel bar :)

45 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

That would be awesome if that happened--maybe that's where Eli is, hanging out in the town's hotel bar :)

Exactly.  He's showered, napped, and met a non-whiny girl to hang out with.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

He realized if he wanted a non-whiny girl he had to leave Salem.

One soap site was laughing that the baby they used for Holly when Nicole put her on Brady's chest was actually younger than Holly should be.  It's June, Holly was born at Christmas, she should be six months old, but that baby was younger than that.  A case of de-SORASing.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to last for long. LOL

Did Chad know Peter?

Did I miss something, or did the deed that Jade taped never get shown to us?  They couldn't bother to have a romantic scene between Claire and Theo?

Wait, what?  Justin is used to Adrienne not being good company?  Is that what he really meant?

Gabi should be out of her mind worrying about Arianna.

The Gabi's Three Men conversation was a little awkward.  :D

Jebus, Julie, shut the f... up!

I'm really happy that Show is actually having Sonny express some emotions towards Paul instead of towards his towering ambition.

Gah.  So Justin and Adrienne, Marlena and John are all flying to Greece?  More Salemites in fake-foreign lands.

Did Chad know Peter?

Chad wasn't even a twinkle in this show's eye when Peter was around.  Abby was only like 4 or something when he was on the show.

Gabi is officially the new Melanie.  The bestest ever and all the men think she's fabulous.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Did Chad know Peter?

No.  But it can be assumed that any of Stefano, E.J., or Kristen told him about him.  Maybe Lexie could've while she was alive.

39 minutes ago, ihavenoidea said:

Gabi is officially the new Melanie.  The bestest ever and all the men think she's fabulous.  

I'm not quite sure about that.  J.J. and Eli only said what they said because they'd been with her.  The fact that she also still gets called out for one thing or another way more than Melanie ever did keeps her from that status, IMO.

• Love 3

I'm not quite sure about that.  J.J. and Eli only said what they said because they'd been with her.  The fact that she also still gets called out for one thing or another way more than Melanie ever did keeps her from that status, IMO.

Not since Dena has been writing she hasn't though.  I just don't know what world that JJ would just be ok with Gabi and Chad 2 seconds after he and Abby split and less than a year since he dated her himself.  Then there's Eli, who lit into Abby for warning him about Gabi being into Chad, just all fine with them making out on the island.  It's the show going out of it's way to make sure Chad and Gabi look good in the end.  No one opposes them except Andre of all people.  Abby is pushing them together, what with their baseball past and terrific connection how can we not resist their love?

Gah, the show is so bad right now.

I loved the stranded island, Roman dies, Hope/Bo push/pull stuff years ago. I loved the Cruise of Deception, Hope dies, and Jack/Jenn FINALLY gettin' it on during the subsequent stranded island stuff there, as well. This version of those awesome storylines is just so janky. Although, I do get a chuckle every time the actors have to say jungle madness with sincerity. 

Why do soaps have to be so broke?! I need production value if I can't get decent writing! 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ihavenoidea said:

Not since Dena has been writing she hasn't though.  I just don't know what world that JJ would just be ok with Gabi and Chad 2 seconds after he and Abby split and less than a year since he dated her himself.  Then there's Eli, who lit into Abby for warning him about Gabi being into Chad, just all fine with them making out on the island.  It's the show going out of it's way to make sure Chad and Gabi look good in the end.  No one opposes them except Andre of all people.  Abby is pushing them together, what with their baseball past and terrific connection how can we not resist their love?

I think only Julie has been throwing shade at Gabi, and we all know she's pretty much a judgemental shrew, so that only reenforces Gabi's awesomeness. I mean, I still like the character, but the writer has gone out of her way to keep her spotless, and it's getting a little annoying to me. I have my own personal bias, obviously. I mean, I prefer Chad with Abigail, so, there's that. But, they threw JJ under the bus for this, and I was expecting them to do the same to Abigail, honestly. 

• Love 2

Julie, shut up. It is not Valerie's fault that your 'grandson' is missing. Stay home and maybe someone could have called you and then hung up on you.

Jade set the fire alarm off to hide the video? Claire may change her tune if she gets more followers. However, it just seems like a lame cliché.

Adrienne, half of Salem can't just fly to the Mediterranean to hunt for the missing relatives. Let the various coastguards and what have you do the hunting for you.

Chad washing Gabi's hair should be kinda romantic, but I wasn't moved. Granted, I've felt nauseous most of the day and the train broke down and it took me a looong time to get home so I was cranky.

• Love 2
(edited)

Why does no one ever call Julie on what a lousy excuse for a human being she is?

And why do I get the feeling that the script breakdown person got called into the head writer's office to get yelled at? "I meant Paul gets the hots for Eli, you idiot! Kids today ... do they not know a metaphor when they hear one? What are you still doing here? Get out!"

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Sandman said:

Why does no one ever call Julie on what a lousy excuse for a human being she is?

I don't know why somebody doesn't just bury her alive in mid squawk.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Chad washing Gabi's hair should be kinda romantic, but I wasn't moved. Granted, I've felt nauseous most of the day and the train broke down and it took me a looong time to get home so I was cranky.

LOL. This is why you just can't throw two good looking people together and think they'll be interesting. ( Another example, Brady and Nicole)

ETA: I hope you feel better.

• Love 1

I liked that Valerie called Julie out on being a lousy mother and that's the entire reason she knew nothing about his life or that he had a kid.

I don't think Gabi is getting the Melanie treatment or even getting an eight of the over-praising that Mansi's Abby got--Eli and JJ weren't going into raptures about how wonderful and amazing and breathtakingly beautiful she, it was just a standard "Don't hurt her, she's a great girl."  I liked it :)

And I like that both Sonny, Gabi and Chad have talked about missing their children and wanting to get back to them--yes, they're worried but they also need to know that surviving the island--and Jungle Madness :):)--is their top priority.

• Love 5

I thought Sonny's conversation with Gabi about how much he misses Ari G was as in character as Sonny has seemed since Terror Kiriakis blew into town. I didn't even mind the semi-obligatory "I never thought I could fall in love again after losing Will." I mean, at least some history is being acknowledged. The trouble is that Sonny has to tell me that he's so much in love with Paul. I don't actually see it when they interact -- not from Smith, and not from Sean. Mr. Sparkle's just so bland!

• Love 3
On 6/5/2017 at 3:58 PM, Silver Raven said:

I

Kate, it's not true that Arianna would have no one if Gabi and Sonny died.  There are lots of Hortons and Hernandi floating around.

I said the exact same thing on a different board and people were all " well she meant Ari wouldn't have any parents" my contention : 'she didn't say that.  :) 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Sandman said:

I thought Sonny's conversation with Gabi about how much he misses Ari G was as in character as Sonny has seemed since Terror Kiriakis blew into town. I didn't even mind the semi-obligatory "I never thought I could fall in love again after losing Will." I mean, at least some history is being acknowledged. The trouble is that Sonny has to tell me that he's so much in love with Paul. I don't actually see it when they interact -- not from Smith, and not from Sean. Mr. Sparkle's just so bland!

All of that (I bold for emphasis)...but would like to add...yes, Paul is bland and there is ZERO chemistry between CS and FS...but oh my god, did FS have an accident whereby he lost his craft? (Not that I ever thought he could act in the first place...and his Emmy was politics b/c his scenes submitted were not good),  I'd rather watch Vivian and the lady who plays Lani "perform" Shakespeare than suffer through 1 minute of Sonny Corleone and his fits of "rage."

this entire PaulSon (from the begging) has been "tell the audience" not "show the audience."

• Love 3
(edited)
38 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

this entire PaulSon (from the begging) has been "tell the audience" not "show the audience."

Yes -- exactly. What's more, the writers seem so intent on having the audience believe that Paul's a nice guy that there doesn't seem to be anything else to his character. He's nice. That's all he is. And giving Sonny Michael Corleone's old haircut isn't a substitute for characterization, either. I don't know about a loss of craft, but I do wonder if Freddie Smith's Give-A-Damn is broken.

Am I alone in in thinking that Claire and Ciara2 (and maybe ReJade?) look like Bratz dolls? Lots of silky hair and big eyes, and not a whole lot happening inside their heads? (For the record, this sex tape storyline is stupid. I refuse even to watch it.)

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3
(edited)
59 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

All of that (I bold for emphasis)...but would like to add...yes, Paul is bland and there is ZERO chemistry between CS and FS...but oh my god, did FS have an accident whereby he lost his craft? (Not that I ever thought he could act in the first place...and his Emmy was politics b/c his scenes submitted were not good),  I'd rather watch Vivian and the lady who plays Lani "perform" Shakespeare than suffer through 1 minute of Sonny Corleone and his fits of "rage."

Paulson and the character of Paul never had any depth and it is even more infuriating that both Will and Wilson were ruined for them.  Paul should have been an antagonistic interloper in the saga of Wilson.   They could have redeemed him later or go for broke and make him an unapologetic villain that happens to be Gay. What a concept!  There was no reason to ruin Wilson after giving us such a beautiful wedding.  In addition, Paul did not need to be John's son. John has enough children between him and Marlena.  They have 5 children, if you include  Carrie, their daughter of their heart.   They could have explored the relationship between John and Eric, the son, that he raised lovingly, during Eric's formative years, when he was believed to be Roman..  The show squanders their rich history for nonsense.. It is why the ratings are so abysmal. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Lots of great Paulson comments!  What I got from this week besides dreading the first word out of Julie's mouth every time she shows up is that I didn't mind apparently toothless Jawn and mar as long as I kept them on mute. at least they're allowed to age now but I can't get over my annoyance with the Chinese father story that I did my best to ignore.  Jennifer is stiff and judgmental even when she's right. Tired of Gabi showing off her legs on the island.  And new Abby,  way to tell that dick Raines the guy you're about to fraudulently marry is in enough criminal trouble to fear for his life.  Then again she seems to believe they're just besties even having been with one psychopath.  Mercifully no Brady and Nicole this week. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

PaulSon:

It should have been Sonny that cheated...b/c if Paul is the love of his life...he'd have been super tempted

Exactly, Paul being a threat to Will's lifelong dream of having the perfect family could have pushed Will to the dark side.  Just like EJ did years ago when he destroyed his family with his parents.  Paul could have found out about Will trying to kill EJ and used that information to set it up that Will was trying to kill him.   Will could have protested his innocence, while Sonny had doubts creating tension for Wilson.  That is how you use a character's history to create story for them in the present. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Exactly, Paul being a threat to Will's lifelong dream of having the perfect family could have pushed Will to the dark side.  Just like EJ did years ago when he destroyed his family with his parents.  Paul could have found out about Will trying to kill EJ and used that information to set it up that Will was trying to kill him.   Will could have protested his innocence, while Sonny had doubts creating tension for Wilson.  That is how you use a character's history to create story for them in the present. 

Great idea.  They also could of went with a similar Bo/Hope/Billie redux.  Sonny's first love Paul comes back into his life.  Paul is ready to come out and be publicly in a relationship with Sonny, who has now fell in love with a  perfectly suitable companion and is in a loving marriage.  No bad guy in sight, just three adults in a very complicated situation regarding acceptance, homophobia, commitment and family.  Not as many bells and whistles as Hope/Bo/Billie but with good writing you don't need that. Bonus history points for Will being in the Billie role, his namesake.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Great idea.  They also could of went with a similar Bo/Hope/Billie redux.  Sonny's first love Paul comes back into his life.  Paul is ready to come out and be publicly in a relationship with Sonny, who has now fell in love with a  perfectly suitable companion and is in a loving marriage.  No bad guy in sight, just three adults in a very complicated situation regarding acceptance, homophobia, commitment and family.  Not as many bells and whistles as Hope/Bo/Billie but with good writing you don't need that. Bonus history points for Will being in the Billie role, his namesake.

True, but, Billie lost the fight the moment Hope came back to life. No woman equaled Hope in Bo's heart.  It was an insult that JER tried to make Billie on the same level as Hope.  It was maddening that Bo was so quick to dismiss Hope as an impostor.  I remember Bo not believing that Hope had died, he refused to go to her funeral. He truly believed that, Ernesto had Hope somewhere. He did go to her funeral and Steve helped him through it. He moved on because everybody told him to do it.  The show never played those beats when Hope came back as Gina.  Bo felt so guilty in not saving Hope. It affected his relationship with Carly.  It was why he was always so protective of Carly when it came to Lawrence.

As a Wilson fan, I would want Will to be Hope and not Billie.

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

I think the producers just got so pissed off with Chandler Massey, they totally decided to trash Will's character.

Are the producers nine-year-olds? Good Lord. (Not that I think you're wrong. I just keep expecting that the people running this show should be -- oh, what's the word? Professional.)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

True, but, Billie lost the fight the moment Hope came back to life. No woman equaled Hope in Bo's heart.  It was an insult that JER tried to make Billie on the same level as Hope.  It was maddening that Bo was so quick to dismiss Hope as an impostor.  I remember Bo not believing that Hope had died, he refused to go to her funeral. He truly believed that, Ernesto had Hope somewhere. He did go to her funeral and Steve helped him through it. He moved on because everybody told him to do it.  The show never played those beats when Hope came back as Gina.  Bo felt so guilty in not saving Hope. It affected his relationship with Carly.  It was why he was always so protective of Carly when it came to Lawrence.

As a Wilson fan, I would want Will to be Hope and not Billie.

Well to be fair, Bo did pick Billie originally.  Now a lot of that was motivated on the fact that Hope didn't have her memories and was Gina back then.  From Bo's perspective it didn't make sense for him to divorce his loving wife for his first wife who now has amnesia and is a completely different person than the woman he fell in love with on the off chance that she could possibly regain her memories back someday. 

Overall I guess it is just perspective.  I have liked Bo and Hope as a couple but have always found Bo and Billie a much better pairing overall.  Bo and Hope to me are those "high school sweethearts" who are together forever and it makes a nice story but you find out inevitably get divorced later in life and it doesn't surprise you.  With Bo and Billie I found them to be more compatible as adults who just get each other, came together and found happiness.

Now I wouldn't want Will to have the same outcome as Billie but I'm ok with the comparison.  Also in no way shape or form am I implying that Paul is Hope.  More the scenario of three "good" people caught in a complicated situation without having to resort to someone being the bad guy.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Paulson and the character of Paul never had any depth and it is even more infuriating that both Will and Wilson were ruined for them.

Meh.  They ruined Nick at both Will and Sonny and E.J. and Sami's separate and joint altars, so I found both couples eventually being destroyed themselves as a huge dose of karma.

• Love 2

I just caught up on two episodes and have to say that I wouldn't mind at all if Paul were to off most of the people on that island. Even flirty Chad is annoying me.

I really wish that in referencing this Jungle Madness disease they had remembered the way the show presented it back in the 90s. Paul should be having massive migraine headaches and blacking out and having moments of total clarity and also overacting. Celeste was hilarious during that storyline but that was part of what made it fun.

How nobody was noticing Paul staring at them like he wanted to kill them while holding a knife was pretty funny though.

I have no idea why a disease that I presume originated in Central or South America somehow made its way to an island off the coast of Greece ten years later via mosquitoes though.

I'm fed up and confused by Abigail. I really like the new actress but it's like all the backbone and ego was surgically removed from the character. Her stepping aside so that Gabi can be with Chad all the while whining about it is way too passive for her character. And I don't understand why she's focusing on Gabi anyways since Chad is freaking lost on an island and/or possibly dead. Her relationship with the Dario makes her seem even more pathetic. Old Abigail would have already been having sex with him. This one just keeps crying. I'm telling myself that New Agibail is heavily medicated but it's still not making any of this plausible enough for me to enjoy it.

I thought that the Kate and Andre marriage idea was disgusting but they pulled it off rather well. I'm just going with it. Of course the whole thing hinges on whether or not there has ever been an non-DiMera CEO in the past. I thought Sami and Kate had already done that, but then I remembered Sami was married to EJ and therefore a DiMera...and that she had to let him back into the mansion in order to preserve the illusion that he was still in charge in order to keep the board happy. So has there really never been someone else at the helm of the company?

Watching Hope's scenes just made me realize how much I actually miss Hope. And Bo. She's there on the show so that should make me happy because I kind of like her, but I'm so fed up of her and all of the terrible storytelling they've been doing the last few years.

Can anyone explain to me why Marlena always seems to have some nasty disgusting neon shirt or blouse on under her crappy black pantsuits? A pop of color only works if it's actually flattering. It seems like the show is always putting her in neon yellow or neon green and it makes me want to retch. It's obviously not Deidre's color but if you go back and look over old scenes from the last few years she's constantly wearing it.

John I will believe you have quit the ISA when we actually go 6 months without taking a mission.

The mention of Mateo wanting Dario dead gives me hope that Theresa's storyline hasn't been lost to the sands of time.

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I have no idea why a disease that I presume originated in Central or South America somehow made its way to an island off the coast of Greece ten years later via mosquitoes though.

A wiza -- er. No, wait. A Dimera did it.

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Well to be fair, Bo did pick Billie originally.  Now a lot of that was motivated on the fact that Hope didn't have her memories and was Gina back then.  From Bo's perspective it didn't make sense for him to divorce his loving wife for his first wife who now has amnesia and is a completely different person than the woman he fell in love with on the off chance that she could possibly regain her memories back someday. 

Overall I guess it is just perspective.  I have liked Bo and Hope as a couple but have always found Bo and Billie a much better pairing overall.  Bo and Hope to me are those "high school sweethearts" who are together forever and it makes a nice story but you find out inevitably get divorced later in life and it doesn't surprise you.  With Bo and Billie I found them to be more compatible as adults who just get each other, came together and found happiness.

Now I wouldn't want Will to have the same outcome as Billie but I'm ok with the comparison.  Also in no way shape or form am I implying that Paul is Hope.  More the scenario of three "good" people caught in a complicated situation without having to resort to someone being the bad guy.

Bo and Hope were magical from the time that they reconnected as adults to their heartbreaking separation during the cruise of deception that culminated in Hope's death. Bo and Billie never had the depth, love, history and complexity that Bo and Hope had. JER tried so hard to destroy them in favor of his pet couple Bo/Billie.  Bo in character would have known that Gina was Hope, period. It was out of character for him to have done that.  His constant indecisiveness was also out of character.  Bo's heart belonged to Hope.   Sherry Anderson who created them would never have done that.  Had Sherry not leave because of JER, we would have had a Hope/Bo/Carly triangle, in the 90's.  She created Billie, but, she did not put Billie with Bo. JER did that after Crystal Chappell left the show because she was being sexually harassed by the actor that played faux Bo. His name escapes me now.  Bo and Carly version 1 written by Sherry Anderson was wonderful, it was touching to see Bo struggle with his grief for Hope and open himself up to Carly.  When he told her that he loved her, you knew that it was true. Plus, Peter had scorching chemistry with Kristian and Crystal. FauxBo did not have chemistry with Kristian, but, he had it with Crystal and Lisa Rinna.  I never really believed that Billie loved Bo, it was more of an addiction than a healthy love, as an addict, she traded one addiction Heroin, for another, in Bo. Plus, Billie became a psychotic bitch blaming Hope for her failed relationship with Bo.  For years she did everything to come between them.  She even raped Bo and schemed with her swamp fetus  and Kate to come between them.  Her relationship with Bo was doomed, once Hope came back from the dead and she knew it..

My love for Bo and Hope has waned over the years due to horrific writing after Hope came back from the dead.  I thought that they were a great couple in the past.  I do think that Zack's death and the aftermath was an organic way to forever break them up. A child's death usually breaks apart couples in real life.  My love for them for now is purely nostalgic. Plus, I was always more of a Bo fan than Hope.  Her relationship with Rafe has soured me on Hope.

Edited by Apprentice79
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Bo and Hope were magical from the time that they reconnected as adults to their heartbreaking separation during the cruise of deception that culminated in Hope's death. Bo and Billie never had the depth, love, history and complexity that Bo and Hope had. JER tried so hard to destroy them in favor of his pet couple Bo/Billie.  Bo in character would have known that Gina was Hope, period. It was out of character for him to have done that.  His constant indecisiveness was also out of character.  Bo's heart belonged to Hope.   Sherry Anderson who created them would never have done that.  Had Sherry not leave because of JER, we would have had a Hope/Bo/Carly triangle, in the 90's.  She created Billie, but, she did not put Billie with Bo. JER did that after Crystal Chappell left the show because she was being sexually harassed by the actor that played faux Bo. His name escapes me now.  Bo and Carly version 1 written by Sherry Anderson was wonderful, it was touching to see Bo struggle with his grief for Hope and open himself up to Carly.  When he told her that he loved her, you knew that it was true. Plus, Peter had scorching chemistry with Kristian and Crystal. FauxBo did not have chemistry with Kristian, but, he had it with Crystal and Lisa Rinna.  I never really believed that Billie loved Bo, it was more of an addiction than a healthy love, as an addict, she traded one addiction Heroin, for another, in Bo. Plus, Billie became a psychotic bitch blaming Hope for her failed relationship with Bo.  For years she did everything to come between them.  She even raped Bo and schemed with her swamp fetus  and Kate to come between them.  Her relationship with Bo was doomed, once Hope came back from the dead and she knew it..

For me, that is just the point.  I like Bo and Hope but I find a lot of their relationship is dependent on their history as opposed to who they are at any given moment.  To use the example of Gina, even after Bo learned that Gina was Hope it didn't change things because Gina was a completely different person than Hope with a different personality.  That to me is what made the story more compelling and gave Billie the initial edge is that Hope and Gina were so different that it wouldn't of made sense for Bo to just dump Billie for Hope/Gina.  It would be the same as Hope falling down a flight of stairs and waking up with Kate's personality, yeah physically she is the same person but with a  completely different personality, mannerisms, outlook on life you wouldn't expect the same people to be attracted to her.  This is also what made the initial run of Bo/Hope/Billie interesting in that you had someone like Jennifer who was Hope's beloved cousin and also Billie's best friend.  While Hope was Gina, Jennifer preferred Bo with Billie, not because she hated/disliked Hope/Gina, but because she wasn't the same person that Bo was married to. 

Yes, I agree with you that Billie has done some terrible things but to be fair the characterization of "Billie the schemer" wasn't brought on until Krista Allen came on to play Billie.  I'm referring to the original run of Bo/Hope/Billie which to me was such an interesting triangle because it wasn't stereotypical in that there wasn't a villain vs good person with a clueless target in the middle.  Bo, Hope, and Billie were all good people just trying to figure out a complicated situation that was incredibly unfair to all involved.  I also appreciated that Hope and Billie actually liked one another and became friends.  Whenever they weren't fighting over Bo they genuinely cared for one another.  I remember one of the first scenes of Krista Allen as Billie and Bo and Hope ran into her at Salem Place.  Hope made it a point to let Billie know that she wanted to get together with her and that she had missed her.  If you were a new viewer and watched that scene it played like Bo and Hope greeting an old friend back into town.  Yes, there was a little tension and a little guilt on Bo and Hope's part but that just goes to prove my point that no one saw the other as a villain.

I absolutely believed that Billie loved Bo and vice versa.  Now I firmly will agree with you that Hope was the love of Bo's life, you get no disagreement from me there, but personally I preferred him with Billie.  I also think you could make the case that Hope's return was very much in conflict with Billie's happiness with Bo, resulting in Billie being the one that got screwed.  I think that has always been at the forefront of her and Bo.  In my opinion they have always had a push and pull of "unfinished business" in that yes Bo had picked Hope and he hasn't regretted that decision, he also was never happy about letting Billie go.

I also think that the show has done a decent job of showing that and it hasn't always been one sided.  I remember when Billie came back on years ago and had moved in with Bo and Hope it was Bo who was fighting the attraction to Billie.  Billie was moving on with her life and wasn't interested in scheming to get Bo.  In fact she was dating Patrick Lockhart and they had that famous scene where they broke the bed during sex and Bo rushing into the room because he was seething jealous of Patrick. 

Anyway, I write all this not to get into a discussion of Hope vs Billie but just to show that there are different perspectives on the matter.  I prefer Bo with Billie or Carly but can fully understand why people are diehard Bo and Hope fans. 

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 3

Robert Kelker-Kelley is the name of faux Bo, he of all the sexual harrassing. He showed up on GH a couple of times in the past ten years or so and was just as terrible an actor as ever, 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, annabel said:

Robert Kelker-Kelley is the name of faux Bo, he of all the sexual harrassing. He showed up on GH a couple of times in the past ten years or so and was just as terrible an actor as ever, 

I use to love him as Bo until I heard of all his mess, especially him getting involved with Mariam Parrish (Jaime) while possibly underage and Allison Sweeney's parents pulling her from the show until he was gone. I know he and Mariam were married for years but just found out they are divorced and she is remarried I believe.  I have always wanted Jaime to come back.  Hey we are always looking for someone for Lucas, bring back Jaime, and she did have a nice relationship with Kate.

• Love 2

Way off topic in the today's episode area but hope as Gina was some of the worst acting I've ever seen and with a bad accent to boot.  As far as we can tell she had sex with Jawn and Stefano.  Billie sold the my baby's still alive but l ordy she was so terrible and had no chemistry I rooted for hope. I enjoyed Thursday's testimony  but I'm going to miss days this weekend. And Mar is kind of known for wearing  canary. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, QuelleC said:

Way off topic in the today's episode area but hope as Gina was some of the worst acting I've ever seen and with a bad accent to boot.  As far as we can tell she had sex with Jawn and Stefano.  Billie sold the my baby's still alive but l ordy she was so terrible and had no chemistry I rooted for hope. I enjoyed Thursday's testimony  but I'm going to miss days this weekend. And Mar is kind of known for wearing  canary. 

Ha ha, that was actually "Princess Gina".  We are actually talking about "Gina", the woman who Hope was as an amnesiac at Maison Blanche.  Stefano would take Hope as "Gina" and turn her into "Princess Gina".  I know it's a little confusing.  Two different personalities within Hope.

(edited)
11 hours ago, JBC344 said:

For me, that is just the point.  I like Bo and Hope but I find a lot of their relationship is dependent on their history as opposed to who they are at any given moment.  To use the example of Gina, even after Bo learned that Gina was Hope it didn't change things because Gina was a completely different person than Hope with a different personality.  That to me is what made the story more compelling and gave Billie the initial edge is that Hope and Gina were so different that it wouldn't of made sense for Bo to just dump Billie for Hope/Gina.  It would be the same as Hope falling down a flight of stairs and waking up with Kate's personality, yeah physically she is the same person but with a  completely different personality, mannerisms, outlook on life you wouldn't expect the same people to be attracted to her.  This is also what made the initial run of Bo/Hope/Billie interesting in that you had someone like Jennifer who was Hope's beloved cousin and also Billie's best friend.  While Hope was Gina, Jennifer preferred Bo with Billie, not because she hated/disliked Hope/Gina, but because she wasn't the same person that Bo was married to. 

This is what bothered me about Bo during that time period. Bo in character would have tried to help Gina recover her memories as Hope. He would have done it for their son, her family and for himself. Bo acted like Gina was an inconvenience.    Bo knows that Hope's stubborn streak has always gotten her in trouble. It is how she fell into the hands of Ernesto that got her killed in the first place. Not to mention, the guilt that Bo felt about not saving Hope. The last thing that he saw was Hope crying out to him to save her. Unfortunately, he could not do that. I have to wonder how Peter would have played it. Since FauxBo did not have the same history as him.  Jennifer pissed me off throughout the whole saga.  Alice knew that was her granddaughter all along and never stopped fighting for her.  Bo treated Hope like she was an inconvenience. He never once seemed to be drawn to her, curious about her at all.   He was all about Billie and making her happy. Bo has never given up on Hope, it was what propelled him to kidnap her on her wedding day to Larry.  He always fought for her, even when she was not receptive to him.  I hated how JER seemed to dismiss all of that history for his pet couple.  I loved Bo with Carly.  I am not of those BOPE fans that could never accept him with another woman. Bo was not at his best with his dismissal of Hope as Gina. It was out of character. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

This is what bothered me about Bo during that time period. Bo in character would have tried to help Gina recover her memories as Hope. He would have done it for their son, her family and for himself. Bo acted like Gina was an inconvenience.    Bo knows that Hope's stubborn streak has always gotten her in trouble. It is how she fell into the hands of Ernesto that got her killed in the first place. Not to mention, the guilt that Bo felt about not saving Hope. The last thing that he saw was Hope crying out to him to save her. Unfortunately, he could not do that. I have to wonder how Peter would have played it. Since FauxBo did not have the same history as him.  Jennifer pissed me off throughout the whole saga.  Alice knew that was her granddaughter all along and never stopped fighting for her.  Bo treated Hope like she was an inconvenience. He never once seemed to be drawn to her, curious about her at all.   He was all about Billie and making her happy. Bo has never given up on Hope, it was what propelled him to kidnap her on her wedding day to Larry.  He always fought for her, even when she was not receptive to him.  I hated how JER seemed to dismiss all of that history for his pet couple.  I loved Bo with Carly.  I am not of those BOPE fans that could never accept him with another woman. Bo was not at his best with his dismissal of Hope as Gina. It was out of character. 

I see your point about Bo not fighting enough for Gina to remember that she was Hope.  I can understand that. Funny thing for me, that was the only time I actually disliked the beloved Alice Horton.  I didn't object to her wanting Gina to be Hope or even knowing it.  I just personally didn't care for her regard for Billie.  Before Hope came back as Gina, Alice adored Billie and was ecstatic that Bo and Shawn D had her in their lives.  I can understand her "picking" Hope/Gina over Billie of course I just found that she could of had more understanding toward Billie during the whole situation. 

I actually felt that Jennifer had the right balance.  She liked Gina and I believe even thought she was Hope but was realistic that Gina was not the woman that Bo fell in love.  I personally found Jennifer to be very level headed between her best friend Billie and Gina a woman who looks like her cousin and maybe is her cousin Hope but is a completely different person who she doesn't know. 

I found that everyone in Salem really wanted Gina to be Hope, hell even Billie was selfless enough to see how Gina being Hope was overall a great thing for the Horton's, Bo, and especially Shawn D even if she was uncertain how everything would turn out for her.  At the same time I can't imagine how frustrating it would be for a beloved relative to come back to you and be a completely different person than the one you love and have history with. 

In all fairness to Hope to I actually have liked her other pairings.  I adored her with Patrick Lockhart and really loved her with Aiden.  I even liked her "possible" romance with Justin a few years back.  Not a fan at all of her romance with Rafe.  Overall the character of Hope has been shortchanged in the pairing department overall. 

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I know it's a little confusing.  Two different personalities within Hope.

The confusing part is how she ended up with a guy who barely has any.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

In all fairness to Hope to I actually have liked her other pairings.  I adored her with Patrick Lockhart and really loved her with Aiden.  I even liked her "possible" romance with Justin a few years back.  Not a fan at all of her romance with Rafe.  Overall the character of Hope has been shortchanged in the pairing department overall. 

Is anyone a fan of her pairing with him?  I've been all around the Web and haven't found a single damn person who seems to be.

(edited)
8 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I see your point about Bo not fighting enough for Gina to remember that she was Hope.  I can understand that. Funny thing for me, that was the only time I actually disliked the beloved Alice Horton.  I didn't object to her wanting Gina to be Hope or even knowing it.  I just personally didn't care for her regard for Billie.  Before Hope came back as Gina, Alice adored Billie and was ecstatic that Bo and Shawn D had her in their lives.  I can understand her "picking" Hope/Gina over Billie of course I just found that she could of had more understanding toward Billie during the whole situation. 

I had no problem with Alice fighting for her granddaughter Hope. That was the last link to her daughter Addie who died tragically herself.  The scene between Bo and Alice after Hope died was so heartbreaking  and it reaffirmed the strong bond between Alice and Bo.   She was there for him when he was fighting for his feelings for Carly and she encouraged him to take a leap of faith.   Alice's joy, tenacity and belief that Gina was Hope, was a thing of beauty.   So, Alice doing everything in her power to get her back was never a personal slight against Billie.   She was never mean or spiteful.    Whatever warm feeling that she had for Billie was never comparable to her love for the granddaughter that she raised..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1