Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I too noticed Hope's lipstick. How matte for summer. I also noted the nice pillow on the cot or whatever it was. The DiMeras do tunnel living well. No spiderwebs or other insects around, no mouse-chewed blankets. It may not be 600 thread count, but still pretty fancy sewer digs.

Of course, Bianca/Blanca has a mystery man from her past. I was impressed that after a long nurse's day at work, and being on her feet for hours, that she could be comfortable in high heels.

Aiden, you idiot not thinking that Andre would help you out, without a price for you.

Don't really care who Dario and Bianca/Blanca lust for. Show, it may be hard, but please do something with your characters so I would want to care.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Show, it may be hard, but please do something with your characters so I would want to care.

My thoughts exactly. It's now been over a week since I've watched an episode, but since I'm still checking out the forums, I must still care a little, just not enough to sit in front of my tv and watch. 

• Love 4
(edited)
19 hours ago, rcc said:

Hope is boring with anyone except Bo. PR was the most charismatic part of that couple and without him KA is no leading lady much less with GG who can't act worth a damn.

That's exactly my point. Without someone dynamic like Bo, Hope is about as compelling as wet cardboard. Stefano was right-the ONLY time she has ever been interesting on her own was when she was brainwashed into being Princess Gina.

Although I have never found Hope a terribly exciting character, I think Kristen Alfonso was her best when she was playing Gina and Princess Gina back in the day.  As Stefano's parting words, "It was the only time you were interesting".

Whoops. You beat me to it. :) 100% agree with you.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1
(edited)

I kind of liked seeing Theresa and Brady being a team and shouting at Summer, screaming in her face that they didn't believe her lies and it even made me smile when Brady pushed her.  You see, I can't deal with Summer's sniveling and woe is me little girl act because an innocent baby has been kidnapped and all she and her badly dyed hair cares about is protecting her own hide.  She wasn't going to hand over the blackmailers' phone number until she was threatened--what kind of person does that?

And JL has been turning in gorgeously emotional performances in this storyline and I especially loved her look of horror when Summer admitted to killing Clark.  Well played indeed.

Victor is as vile as ever and I'm confused as to why he thinks Tate's going to disown Theresa--she's his mother and he loves her.  What is Old Vic's basis for this assumption?  He's done truly awful things but he still has family around him.  

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 6

If Brady and Theresa killed Summer's Eve and dumped her body in the nearest dumpster I wouldn't be mad at all. 

I'm ready for someone to shoot Prictor. He's disgusting abusive trash.

I'm surprised the writers actually remembered that Lei was held captive in the Dimeria tunnels. 

• Love 8

Theresa screaming and jumping on Summer was everything. Lilley brought it. I wanted to see Brady have to literally pull Theresa off of Summer. Like, a full-on Real Housewives fight. Poor Theresa is just too worn out to not want to claw this woman to death.

The scene with Abe was...totally pointless, right? Shawn knew he needed info on the DiMera tunnels to see if his Mom was dead or alive and thought of...Abe?! Really? Not CHAD FLIPPING DIMERA, who probably has maps of the damn things?

• Love 6
(edited)

I gambled and ran errands without DVRing, thinking it would be another boring day like yesterday.  Guess I'll have to remember to watch on NBC's site tomorrow to see Theresa tearing Summer apart. 

Hopefully Days will improve dramatically after the Olympics break.  The ratings get worse every week and I'd hate to see the audience dwindle to nothing.  There are some characters I really care about, and I'm so thankful that there aren't sanctimonious, always win at everything assholes like Victor Newman or Sonny Corinthos on this show. 

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 2

Go Theresa!!!  Now put the smackdown on the rest of the annoying idiots in Salem.  Feel free to call cousin Sami to help you out.

Die, Victor, just die.

So the idiot writer's answer to boring characters who have no reason to exist is to bring on more boring characters.  {face palm}

• Love 2
6 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

If Brady and Theresa killed Summer's Eve and dumped her body in the nearest dumpster I wouldn't be mad at all. 

I'm ready for someone to shoot Prictor. He's disgusting abusive trash.

2 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Go Theresa!!!  Now put the smackdown on the rest of the annoying idiots in Salem.  Feel free to call cousin Sami to help you out.

Die, Victor, just die.

2 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I gambled and ran errands without DVRing, thinking it would be another boring day like yesterday.  Guess I'll have to remember to watch on NBC's site tomorrow to see Theresa tearing Summer apart. 

Hopefully Days will improve dramatically after the Olympics break.  The ratings get worse every week and I'd hate to see the audience dwindle to nothing.  There are some characters I really care about, and I'm so thankful that there aren't sanctimonious, always win at everything assholes like Victor Newman or Sonny Corinthos on this show. 

My standards are admittedly low these days, but I actually enjoyed more of Show today than not.  I loved Theresa taking Summer apart bit by bit, and even Brady was...okay.

I'm generally not much of a Jawn fan, but ditto with him today too.  Even Belle was subdued enough - wasn't the center of attention, she didn't annoy me either.

I wish Maggie had a better friend than Julie, because she really, really needs one.  But Julie was - for Julie - decent today, too.  Maggie's despair both about the worthless Summer and the even more worthless Victor was wrenching to watch.  The woman is literally trapped, both by her paralysis and the crumbling of her relationship with Victor.  His rant against Theresa was painful to watch with how impotent Maggie was to fight against it.

Maybe it is Victor behind the kidnapping.  At first I was sure it was Kristen and that woman showing up at Summer's hotel room made me even more sure.  But now I think it may very well be Victor.  He's venomous enough to do it, uncaring enough to put everyone through all this, and telling Maggie that he wants to get his hands on Tate sure as hell gives him motive.

Of course it's completely ridiculous that any court would ever give custody to a mean old great-grandfather but Victor wouldn't see it that way.  I'm hoping the icing on the cake is that, if he's guilty, he's exposed by either Theresa or even Deimos.  The man needs to be utterly and completely alone, and soon.

• Love 5
(edited)

Too bad the Salem PD couldn't ask an actual DiMera about the underground tunnels. Doubt they'd get much from Andre, but Chad seems to be a decent sort and would help them out (if he has any maps or information about them).

I don't get why Victor would be behind the Tate-napping. He's old enough to know that people do self-destruct, and will hang themselves if given enough rope. He's well aware of being patient and sitting back and watching. Maybe he needs to observe Theresa on her own merits and discard the past with her mother and any other Brady/Horton, whomever.

Maggie, sometimes reunions with middle-aged children that you gave up do not work. People are strange creatures - they are often not logical and who react to things based on what triggers their issues. The odds of having a close parent-child bond with a middle-aged adult you put up for adoption at a young age are low. You can maybe hope for an adult friendship. Someone can't simply show up on your doorstep and say 'hi mom' and you pick up where your parenting left off.

Theresa, you go, girl!

Edited by Frozendiva
typo
  • Love 7
(edited)

I'm playing catch-up and the tunnel scenes with Rope are beyond boring. As were the scenes of Rafe chained up. Even Hope seems disinterested and unconcerned.

The cops especially sound like children. "Gee maybe this broken chain means they escaped!" "Why gosh, you know what? You could be right Shawn!" *facepalm*

If Roman can't even make his police work compelling, then why is he still on the show at all?

I'm so glad I checked out of Aiden 2.0 weeks ago because caring about his re-destruction would have made me rage. This show doesn't deserve Cosgrove and I hope he laughs about the writing in future interviews. He's no genius actor, but he certainly can do better.

I'm starting to hate Doug and Julie now too, y'all. Too perky and fakey. How can they support insane Jennifer? Why are they always acting so vaudeville in such a depressing town where everyone is in crisis 24/7?

Blanca is a stripper, right? Sorry but ... yeah.

Also, a bomb went off in the basement of a crap shack...and the damn place is still standing? Really?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4

It was bad enough that Hope got one episode dedicated to her love life, but now a month later she gets to play a part in a Rafe centric episode, which is really all about her and her well-being. It's too fucking much. Both of these characters need to be thrown on the backburner until further notice. 

• Love 8

Maybe it is Victor behind the kidnapping

I haven't watched in about a week, but I've thought this since the spoiler came out about the kidnapping. The way the money was delivered, etc-too convenient NOT to be Victor, I think. As far as why he would do it,. this is VICTOR. Back in the mid 80's to early nineties, he was pretty bad-which is why the Victor/Maggie hookup never fails to surprise me. I like it now-despite myself-but if you wanna get real-it is a pairing that makes little sense, personality and history wise. Ultimately,  the show has been hinting that Victor and Maggie are headed for a break-and I think this will be the final straw that causes that break, once the truth comes out. And maybe he'll go back more to his evil ways? And the now "reformed" Deimos will have to take HIM down, instead.

Just guessticulating-I have no idea what's going to happen, but I do think it's very likely Victor is the source behind the kidnapping.

Any good Kandre last or this week? I know they are horrible, but they entertain me, and having one pairing that entertains me is more than I can say about GH-which I am actually totally unsad about no longer watching.

• Love 3

I have not really watched at all this week. I briefly saw Jennifer bitching and turned it off.  Or was that last week? I don't know, and sadly, I do not care.

Are Steve and Kayla on twice a month now?  

• Love 3

Of all the places where they should have scenes so dark as not to be able to see, you would think the exploded tunnel would be one, but no, and thanks for that.

Oh, now we have Rafe hallucinations, hm?

Not really feeling the all-Rafe episode.  But, could we get an all-Theresa episode?

Meh.

• Love 1

my prediction based on absolutely nothing.....Aiden will be the one to either rescue Hope or point the rescuers in her direction, will then die in the attempt, thereby "redeeming" him to some extent and making it free sailing for the GREAT ROMANCE which is Hope and Poopy Pants aka Rafe.

Oh!  With Aiden dead, then Andre is free to continue terrorizing Salem.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Or an all-Ann episode?

I am 100% jealous of that woman's hair. My curly hair is not even remotely as cute. Half the time it looks like someone glued a brillo pad to my head.

I love her ringlets. I want them. Ann is fun, but her hair is glorious.

• Love 4
(edited)

Not much point to today's episode.  I don't hate Rope but I'm not a fan of them either.  I honestly see Rafe as being Hope's chump.  He can't stay away even though he never seems to be her first choice (or even second choice).  Yet he's dreaming that he hasn't done enough to prove his love for her?  The hell?  He needed to move on...like yesterday!

And of course, he was well enough to save the day while Hope is lying there helplessly ill like the weak female Rafe needs her to be.  

I think I would have and could have bought them more had this been reversed:  Rafe is lying ill and Hope is saving the day and realizing that maybe she didn't love him enough before but does now...  I might have bought Rope a bit more then.  I kind of just don't care either way with them.  Bo is gone, Aidan is a fraud, Rafe is once again her "consolation prize".  Ugh...

Edited by LadyJaney
  • Love 4

I would have bopped or otherwise put the ukulele where the sun don't shine. Doug, your Rafe fantasy part was out of line. Hamlet, this ep, wasn't. I would rather be alone than be someone's consolation prize. I like the remote.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Rick Kitchen said:

Rafe hallucinated.  The end.

I wish I had, too.  At least hullucinated something better than we saw today.

The character of Rafe can't sustain a whole show, there's just no 'there' there.  And all of the "This is your life" visits he was getting didn't help, considering that every single one of his hullucinations were more entertaining than he was.  

• Love 4

So I started to watch today's episode but turned it off after 20 minutes or so.  I have nothing against Galen Gering, as he can be very good with the right material.  But he rarely gets that as Rafe.  The character is dull; Rafe and Hope are dull; episodes that focus on him or them are dull.  Lately even the episodes that focus on her are dull as well.  Isolating Hope from her children and grandchild and turning her into a cold-blooded killer did her no favors, and I'm finding it difficult to care about her at all.  I don't think I'd be all that upset if her and Rafe died in the tunnels, TBH.

8 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I am 100% jealous of that woman's hair. My curly hair is not even remotely as cute. Half the time it looks like someone glued a brillo pad to my head.

I love her ringlets. I want them. Ann is fun, but her hair is glorious.

Agreed.  MSL was in episode of Law & Order many years ago and while her hair was curly it didn't look the same (or as good) as it does now.  She's found a magical hair product that leaves curly hair sufficiently curly without making it look crunchy and frizzy.  I wonder what it is.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Rick Kitchen said:

Rafe hallucinated.  The end.

Ha! I didn't watch the show yesterday -- god help me, but I'm a bit transfixed by the crazy going on in Cleveland this week, so I chose MSNBC coverage of that over the Rafe-centric episode last night. I, too, have nothing against Gering and even Rafe is fine with me -- but I'm just so weary of this show's choices these days. Pffft. I think we all need a nice break from the show : )

• Love 3
15 hours ago, boes said:

my prediction based on absolutely nothing.....Aiden will be the one to either rescue Hope or point the rescuers in her direction, will then die in the attempt, thereby "redeeming" him to some extent and making it free sailing for the GREAT ROMANCE which is Hope and Poopy Pants aka Rafe.

Oh!  With Aiden dead, then Andre is free to continue terrorizing Salem.

I think Aiden will go completely off the rails and try to rape Hope or try to kill her again but Rafe will swoop in and save her at the last minute, given him yet another chance to play white knight. 

I'm really confused as to what the hell these people in charge are thinking. What was the point of coming up with a convoluted way to undead Aiden if they were just going to further destroy him? He was dead, he reputation destroyed and his relationship with Hope was retroactively tarnished, and his son was ruined for good measure. Hope was free to be with Rafe so there was no need to do any of this. 

• Love 6

Er, Jenn, you do know that calling 911 doesn't connect you to Kayla, right?

Why were the paramedics letting Chad pick Hope up?

Has Summer said what she did for the $100,000? And where the money is?

Why is Theresa giving Summer a pass on the killing Clark thing?

Store away for the future: Hope has no spleen.

I hope Hope lives up to her threat.

• Love 3

I kind of liked seeing Brady tell Victor off and point out all of the awful things he's done in the name of family--especially the bit about proving Belle was an unfit mother to Claire.  I also liked watching Maggie's dawning horror that in fact Victor is capable of hurting his loved ones to get what he wants.  I did hear two weird things though:  did Brady refer to Theresa as his wife when he was yelling at Victor and did Victor tell Summer to return Tate to his parents?  I would have thought he'd cut Theresa right out.

I think Theresa said she didn't tell Roman about Summer killing Clark because all she wants right now is to find Tate and that's all she's focused on.

• Love 5

Has Summer said what she did for the $100,000? And where the money is?

Yeah, that's either something I missed or something the show hasn't told us yet...that woman at her door got something from Summer. But what?

• Love 1

Who cares?? Certainly not me. I probably won't be back after the Olympics. Use this time to do a rewatch of Gilmore Girls or The West Wing, or maybe watch something I haven't before but have always wanted to like The Wire

• Love 3

Jen, calling 911 usually gets you someone from Emergency Dispatch, and your call is then routed to the proper first responders. No 'call 911' and press '5' to get Aunt Kayla. The EMTs should not normally have allowed Chad to lift Hope - in the lawsuit happy USA, any sort of back injury could result in a lawsuit. Chad still has shown that he is a decent human being.

I liked Maggie's hair today. Not as much helmet-head as usual. Yeah, your sweet hubs may or may not be involved in the kidnapping. It is a bit convenient that he withdrew $100,000 from an offshore account to fund some mystery 'cruise' and then the money showed up at Summer's hotel room.

Hope, I get threatening Aiden, but you simply cannot banish folks to other cities because you don't want them around. There are many people I would like to send far away, but it don't work that way. You are not Queen of Salem.

It'll be nice to have a break in a couple of weeks - the Olympics. Might be able to go for a nice hike each evening - weather and mosquitoes permitting.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Hope, I get threatening Aiden, but you simply cannot banish folks to other cities because you don't want them around. There are many people I would like to send far away, but it don't work that way. You are not Queen of Salem.

Of course not.  That's Jennifer's job.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

33 minutes ago, Rick Kitchen said:

Of course not.  That's Jennifer's job.

Hahaha!  Good one, both of you!

I liked all of Maggie's scenes, and Theresa's, and to tell the truth, didn't mind Summer now that she's FINALLY calm.  Momentary but I'll take what I can get.

I actually HOPE Victor did take Tate, that's how much I now dislike him.  I remember enjoying his snark, enjoying his realistic take on Brady's MANY shortcomings, but the way he's been for far too long......loathe is the word I'd use about him now.  So I hope he did it, mainly because I want to see him shunned by everyone.  Let him have a taste of his own medicine.

And let Theresa kick him in the balls for good measure.  Sell tickets.

• Love 6
(edited)

Oh, I would love to see Theresa kick Victor in the balls. And then just lay into him about all the (unwarranted) grief he's caused her for awhile. And Maggie and Brady would just have to watch, since there would be no defending him

Edited by annabel
  • Love 1
(edited)

Turn it off! Look away!

I think I finally figured out what happened to Tate: Victor blackmailed Summer, but made sure that the cell phone number and dummy corporation would lead back to Deimos, hence the reference to classical music, which we have already seen Deimos play on the piano. It's a perfect way to get rid of three of the biggest problems in his life at once....Theresa, Summer and Deimos.

He must have had the baby snatched after his men confirmed that Summer had left town without him.

it's just too implausible that Victor, with all of his resources (because even without Titan, he still has more than most) wouldn't have some idea where the baby is. He has been sitting around acting helpless while everybody else does research. This is the guy who knew all about Kristen's secret castle?

Anyway, this still doesn't explain what that random woman in Vegas wanted from Summer though.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Turn it off! Look away!

I think I finally figured out what happened to Tate: Victor blackmailed Summer, but made sure that the cell phone number and dummy corporation would lead back to Deimos, hence the reference to classical music, which we have already seen Deimos play on the piano. It's a perfect way to get rid of three of the biggest problems in his life at once....Theresa, Summer and Deimos.

He must have had the baby snatched after his men confirmed that Summer had left town without him.

it's just too implausible that Victor, with all of his resources (because even without Titan, he still has more than most) wouldn't have some idea where the baby is. He has been sitting around acting helpless while everybody else does research. This is the guy who knew all about Kristen's secret castle?

Anyway, this still doesn't explain what that random woman in Vegas wanted from Summer though.

Good breakdown.  I forgot about him knowing about the castle, and it wasn't because he's into princesses.

• Love 1

So, still haven't watched this week. Is it pretty obvious Victor IS behind the kidnapping? HAH. Maybe JA is retiring and Victor goes to jail? That's me wishing. :) Nothing against JA really, but goodness. It's time.

Rafe. Oh, Rafe, you bore me, but I feel for you. Rafe/Hope is like Betty Cooper and Archie Andrews, LOL. You have to excuse me, I've been reading up on the CW's "Riverdale" and I can't help but make the comparison. Betty was always Archie's consolation prize when Veronica wasn't around. Now that Hope doesn't have Bo, Rafe is her consolation prize. Hope would drop Rafe in a hot minute if Bo were alive, just like Archie dissed Betty to chase Veronica.  Reggie was Veronica's consolation when Archie wasn't around-and I always thought Betty and Reggie were a much hotter, better couple than any of the other combinations. Much like Rafe/Nicole is far more interesting/hotter than any one single moment of Rope. I'd love to see Rafe/Nicole-I don't personally think Nicole and Deimos have much chemistry. And they are trying to turn Deimos into emo boy after his almost death, which just isn't working for me.

• Love 3
(edited)

Having an entire episode centered on or revolving around one character is tricky.  Who the hell thought it was a good idea to do this with the character of Rafe?

I would love for Theresa to get to tell Victor off, and call him out for all his criminal behavior, but that isn't usually the way these things go.

Brady is an idiotic abusive jerk, and Maggie is a self-righteous judgmental hypocrite, so if they cut Victor out of their lives (which will probably only last for two seconds - the amount of time it takes for Brady to do something stupid, and for Maggie to figure out no one else wants to put up with her weird hair), it's still no great loss on Victor's part.

I doubt the writers have even thought about it.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4