Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

I hope Failure is killed off in retaliation for Kate Mansi's whining. 

I agree, she better watch what she says in interviews or they'll do a quick rewrite a la Dr. Drake Ramoray. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I wonder if Mansi objected to wearing the burn makeup on her last day and they just caved...she seemed pissy about this twist in an interview, so it's possible.

Probably hoping the role would be left open for her since she sees herself as a Special Snowflake. And a burn to the face says recast. So she threw a tantrum.

• Love 4

I'd probably feel differently if it were someone I liked or at least didn't hate, but I feel like Failure still being freaked out about Ben this many months later is a bit much. Almost everyone in Salem has suffered much much worse than her in their lives and managed to not almost set themselves on fire. 

Chad needs to wake up and admit that Failure needs to be sent to a stricter facility that won't coddle her. 

• Love 5

I'd probably feel differently if it were someone I liked or at least didn't hate, but I feel like Failure still being freaked out about Ben this many months later is a bit much. Almost everyone in Salem has suffered much much worse than her in their lives and managed to not almost set themselves on fire. 

I just watched the clips where Abby threw a tantrum with Jennifer to insist Theresa design her a gown, because she wannit!! The only perspective that ever mattered to Abby was Abby's.

13 hours ago, salvame said:

Did anyone NOT expect Abigail's face to be burned - they are switching out the actor, so, perfect segue.  

They did that with Max on OLTL, had James DePaiva undergo plastic surgery to come out as Nicholas Walker, and then James DePaiva came back with no explanation.

• Love 2

Aha, they brought back the most recent Parker. But, who was the Brandon that brought him home?

"I've been playing War my whole life." Yeah, Deimos, I bet you have.

Jack finally shows up in Abigail's dream.  But, even in her dreams, she's lying, because she said that Ben started the fire, but in her dream, she started the fire.

33 minutes ago, Revlonred said:

I turned it off today 5 minutes in.  I'll save it for when I can't sleep tonight.  

That's greatness, Show.

I thought the Deimos and Chloe episodes were good.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Rick Kitchen said:

I thought the Deimos and Chloe episodes were good.

I was immediately frustrated with their flashbacks to the episode we JUST saw, so I called it a day.  I'll get back to it.

3 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Chad needs to wake up and admit that Failure needs to be sent to a stricter facility that won't coddle her. 

Abby has created an imaginary Ben who is so obsessed with her, all he wants to do is sit around and torment her.  How self-absorbed can one chick get?  She is a danger to herself and others and the sooner everyone realizes it the better off they will be-they do realize that she enjoyed setting Ben on fire and that she enjoyed setting her hospital room ablaze right? 

I kind of love the idea of KM being so annoyed that the show is going to recast Abby--she truly thinks she is that special and that talented that no one can fill her shoes.  She's as delusional as Abs :)

• Love 7

Because of her mental health issues, Abby may not be held criminally responsible for the hospital arson/fire action. Unless Ben escapes from the hospital/jail, he is unlikely to visit her. The fire incident should realistically bump-up her treatment to the next level. She is a danger to both herself and others.  Her facial and other burns can be treated a bit with plastic surgery at some point. I felt sorry for Chad.

It's only a matter of time before Deimos finds out that Chloe and Nicole are friends and that Parker is Dr. Dan's toddler.

I did fast-forward a bit.

• Love 2
On June 11, 2016 at 6:34 AM, Petunia13 said:

Deimos looked kinda sexy all dripping with mud and wet lying there. Good thing Abby wasn't around we all know how she loves getting down in the dirt with powerful men. 

Deimos looked like he had ridden the wild rapids rather than having just floated down the Salem River to another part of the park.

But I am glad he is alive. :)

• Love 4
3 hours ago, bannana said:

Deimos looked like he had ridden the wild rapids rather than having just floated down the Salem River to another part of the park.

But I am glad he is alive. :)

I know he was caked with mounds of mud and there was leaves and what looked like a dead butterfly on his shoulder. Lol

• Love 4

I did notice how Abby dreamed how she set the fire yet lied to Shawn about what happened when he asked her.  Doesn't make her seem as insane as she likely is, if she is capable of blatantly lying to save her ass from getting in more trouble.  if she were so far gone, she would have admitted to setting the fire to get rid of Ben.  Girl is just one big hot mess.

• Love 4

So what was that spray can Heffalump used to light the fire?  A can of Pam?  Bug spray?  Is part of her therapy cleaning ovens?  Has she become a graffiti artist?  Did she buy a can of Ben-Be-Gone through Amazon Prime?

The head doctor at Happy Dale Home for the Hopeless is as incompetent as she is mean.  I see Salem's mental care is as top notch as their police force.

More Deimos and Chloe and Nicole, less of everything else, please.

• Love 7

No Deimos, please. He needs to go. His entire SL is a big eyeroll. Why is Chloe letting him use Parker as an excuse to stay in her house? Creepy. Deimos has WAY too easy a time manipulating the women. They are being written down to elevate him.

I feel bad for Hottie Houseguest getting leered at by the H men, but then again, it's not like they haven't bedded the same women before. I like her enough to want Rafe to shift his focus, but I doubt it'll happen.

I feel like this Shelle reunion is just setting Claire up for more disappointment. I don't buy that either of her parents are happy and have learned anything.

Theo tracking Ciara down isn't okay. Man, if she ain't returning your texts, she ain't worth the time. She's trashing the friendship over a crush. Be mad, but not confrontational. Ciara is a mess.

(edited)

This show is so damn boring...I loved seeing Lucas for the second time this year...He is just awful with Adrienne...The show needs to give him a woman that only has eyes for him,perhaps Blanca, setting up Hurricane Sami to come on the scene to reclaim her man..I know that it is a pipe dream, but, Hope springs eternal..

I hate Rafe and I cannot stand to look at him...His prominence on the show marginalized Lucas and I shudder to think what Dena has in store for us in the fall, when it comes to her hardon for Rafe..Hope needs to go on a long vacation with her awful daughter...

I love Claire with Theo..More please..

I feel sorry for the Aiden and Haiden fans. My heart goes out to you guys..They brought Aiden back to run the bus back over him again in an attempt to make Rafe look better by comparison. I abhor that type of lazy writing..Rafe is a dullard, smug, hypocrite who has no romantic chemistry with Hope. Rope is an epic fail on the same level as Dannifer...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
(edited)

This  show is fuckin insulting me now. 

Ok it was one thing when Hope acting like a total wet noddle for Aiden but now Ciara is getting on the action too! 

So basically Days is yet again going to use the sensitive topic of rape as a means for plot point and now Ciara is having rape redemption mode for Chase.  "Oh how is he?" How about who gives shit,  Ciara!   Ciara shouldn't by any means be ok with her mother reuniting with a total scumbag who tried to kill her!    

Ciara should be in full blown Brady-girl a'la Sami of mother reuniting with her stepdad with a rapist stepbrother.   I get it's a soap but shit like this really gets my blood boiling! 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 7

Lucas is engaged to that bland, stale harpy Adrienne. Is this really what it's come to? This is devastating.

It would be great if they could give Theo a love interest that isn't a mess and lusting after his married uncle.

Am I supposed to be happy that Shawn is quickly reuniting with his trash wife even though they haven't taken the time to work on any of their problems?

Are they seriously already about to put this newbie Bianca girl in a triangle with Rafe and Dario?

• Love 7

I get in some ways what the writers are trying to do.   They are making attempts to lightening up the show from the dark crap brought on by Josh Griffith.

I wouldn't mind Adrienne/Lucas being engaged and potentially tying the knot if they had enough airtime to show their relationship. 

The Shelle shit is basically the show slapping them back together because the executives and writers went wrong how they told their story. 

The only one that throws me is Hope/Aiden because they are so damaged beyond repair.   I feel like the writers felt pressure from the twitter thugs for Days and trying to force this hot piece of garbage again.   If you look at other social media especially on Facebook fans absolutely hate this pairing because it makes Hope appear weak as fuck especially since it's not in her character history to go back to a scumbag.   She never did with Larry,  Patrick or Franco -  Aiden is probably worse than all 3 because he's a little of bit of each rolled into one. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ciara is a mess.

She really is, and as bad as Vivian Jovanni is, I'm not even sure an Emmy-caliber actress could save this shit. Raped and used as a plot point to elicit sympathy - by her own hand - for her rapist. Not to mention her mother losing her brains and backbone to go back to the man that tried to kill her. Whether it was "this" Aiden or whatever, they have the same face.

No woman wouldn't have PTSD after that.

But then the other option is Rafe. And no. No, no, no.

Bo's other romances worked because the writing was there and the chemistry was there (for Carly 1.0 and, I guess, Billie, even if I loathed the latter). But good writing is looooong gone, so the least this show could do is cast a man that Hope won't have to lose her dignity for and someone she can spark with.

Because this whole Aiden/Chase quasi-redemption tour is gross to the nth degree. Chase is no Jack Deveraux and Ciara/Chase damned sure aren't Luke and Laura to justify Ciara even thinking about her rapist except to dream about killing him.

It's 2016, writers. Not 1981. That shit doesn't fly anymore.

P.S. I get EJ/Sami were another rapemance tale that did have fans, but I stand by the above as I personally found that hot mess repulsive, too.

• Love 4

What the writers should had done with Ciara's rape was done what old school soap writers have done for decades and had Theo be her rock and support system weaved into a young love romance!   It was done with Liz/Lucky over on GH.   She still could had gotten her help to deal with the rape but also Theo could had shown her he is the guy destined to be with her.   

Please soapgods never let Josh Griffith pin another damn soap opera again!    I don't even want him to be a script writer at this point.   He should just retire!   Granted Higley isn't a spring chicken but she would never darkened a soap so bad that it's hard to watch and along with it being boring at times.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

How did he get it in there ? 

Beats me.   Maybe Andre gave one of the prison guards happy endings. 

Despite my utter disgust with today's episode,  I still think Hope is up to something.   She wasn't at all jazzed of her date she had last Wednesday with Aiden.   It was beyond awkward but little things stood out she's not into the guy but she's waiting on him to slip up yet. 

• Love 3

Lucas's French was awful.  :D

I love how people just wander into the Di Mera mansion. But good for Theo calling Ciara out.

Non-alcoholic champagne sounds horrible.

Claire needs a new song.

"Dear Adrienne, will you please by my fifth wife?"

I wonder what Sonny is doing now, if he was running Victor's clubs in Europe and Deimos now owns the company.

Dario is a slug.

Aiden's probably all apologetic to Ciara to make her like Chase.

Are Aiden and Andre still plotting to kill Hope?

• Love 2

Dario needs to remove the diaper and let go of Eddie not being there when he was a kid.  I'm over him whining when it comes to Ed.   Yes Ed wasn't a father of year but damn he's trying now.   Dario's daddy issues is overkill. 

I think Jordi Vilasuso is a very good actor and of course pwetty to look at but the character of Dario is annoying (I'm trying to remember when the last actor played Dario did I care hmm).   The writers need to do make him into a better heartthrob then the inner bs I been seeing. 

• Love 4

Maybe this has been brought up before but did you notice when Deimos smacked his head in the tree he put his hand on the other side of his head that didn't get hit?  And then they keep replaying it.

looked forward to Aiden's return because I thought he and Hope actually had some chemistry, but if course they've turned him into a total dick.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Rick Kitchen said:

I hope Lucas did put it that way, silky devil that he is. Who could resist a romantic pitch like that? I should be glad I missed the French, right?

• Love 2

I'm trying to remember how the flip phone got into Litchfield.

Andre called Hope up in March or something and he just quipped that he had his ways...

Lucas's French was awful.  :D

Still better than Shakira's English.

I should be glad I missed the French, right?

Oh YES. But it was almost funny enough to make them both laugh at the scene, which almost kinda maybe made it less painful.

Claire needs a new song.

I think it was supposed to be new, but who can tell? My eyes keep glazing over when she sings and plays...and I LIKE her.

Okay, let's see if I can do this: Sami, Nicole...Chloe? And...um...who am I missing?

I wonder what Sonny is doing now, if he was running Victor's clubs in Europe and Deimos now owns the company.

Ha! Good catch. I totally forgot Sonny was working for Victor in France...

Aiden's probably all apologetic to Ciara to make her like Chase.

I'm eating...and you just made me nauseous.

Did she buy a can of Ben-Be-Gone through Amazon Prime?

If she did, can I get some?

ZING! Sign me up for a case!

I looked forward to Aiden's return because I thought he and Hope actually had some chemistry, but if course they've turned him into a total dick.

Co-signed...I am so, so sad for Daniel Cosgrove. This isn't worth the pay.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

Dario needs to remove the diaper and let go of Eddie not being there when he was a kid.  I'm over him whining when it comes to Ed.   Yes Ed wasn't a father of year but damn he's trying now.   Dario's daddy issues is overkill. 

I think Jordi Vilasuso is a very good actor and of course pwetty to look at but the character of Dario is annoying (I'm trying to remember when the last actor played Dario did I care hmm).   The writers need to do make him into a better heartthrob then the inner bs I been seeing. 

I agree. It's gotten old fast to see this guy with his pout on every time he sees his Dad.  Besides, we've already got the Pout Master, Rafe and do not need another sullen Hernandii. And his leering at Blanca.....yuck.   In fact, right now I could be very happy if Mamma Hernandez was left with no family other than Gabi and Ari and Eduardo.

Nice ot see Claire but I'd rather never hear her sing.  Not her fault, I hate music interludes on soaps.  Nice to see Theo.  Not nice to see Ciara.  Not nice at all.  So little to care about in today's episode.

• Love 3

I was surprised that the Hernandez fridge seemed to actually *function* - a light inside and everything! And it had food in it!

I have no idea who this Blanca person is and no matter how warm it was outside, and her wearing a tank top and short shorts, Dario had no business leering at her. Not many people have enough lemons in the fridge to make lemonade. Usually I just buy Tropicana or Simply Lemonade on sale, or the frozen stuff and add water. No idea why Eduardo bought the coffee house.

Lucas is well on his way to becoming a modern day Hermans Hermits 'Henry VIII' song. His bad French was anything but romantic and I had absolutely no idea that he and Adrienne were seeing each other.

Ciara and Theo are 18 years old, each. Still lots of life ahead for them and time to discover if they will eventually get together. Ciara has every right to make her own choices and mistakes, and to learn from them. At this point in her life, Theo may not be good for her.  Love does not always equal relationship.

I fast-forwarded through Claire's song. Not interested.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Lucas and Carrie were married? I'm shocked I don't remember this little factoid!

Yeah it was before Carrie and Austin married for the last time a few years ago.  Carrie and Lucas married and Austin and Sami were a couple.  Sami was blackmailing Lexi in a convoluted plot to keep Carrie and Lucas together so she could have Austin.  Carrie and Austin cheated with each other, Sami's plot was revealed and Carrie and Lucas divorced.  Carrie and Austin married leaving Sami and Lucas to reunite later on.  This was before Johnny and Ally were born.

• Love 2
(edited)

Really? Wow. Never knew they f---ed up Carrie like that.

I want to see Chloe sing Claire into the floor at some point. Claire can't project at all. Doesn't Chloe sing opera?

Blanca seems pretty...well blank as a character, but I like her Adrianna Lima vibe.

I was hoping they would repurpose the TBA set into a Titan office or Mar/Brady/Victor townhouse kitchen. I mean isn't the Martin House living room becoming a new coffee shop? Why do we need two?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Yeah it was before Carrie and Austin married for the last time a few years ago.  Carrie and Lucas married and Austin and Sami were a couple.  Sami was blackmailing Lexi in a convoluted plot to keep Carrie and Lucas together so she could have Austin.  Carrie and Austin cheated with each other, Sami's plot was revealed and Carrie and Lucas divorced.  Carrie and Austin married leaving Sami and Lucas to reunite later on.  This was before Johnny and Ally were born.

Wow, thanks! Sounds like a big clusterfuck of epic proportions. Must have been during some time off from the show for me or whatever.  :-)

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Really? Wow. Never knew they f---ed up Carrie like that.

I guess you weren't watching during Carrie's last appearance when she and Rafe had an emotional affair and Marlena was encouraging them to get together even though she was still married to Austin and Sami was begging Rafe not to dump her. Then she and Austin got a "happy ending" when they left town even though she only stayed with him because she got pregnant. 

• Love 4

Carrie and Lucas!  Carrie & Rafe.  Wow.  I always liked Carrie, so I'm glad I wasn't watching when all that crazy pairings were happening.

I still see some chemistry between Rafe and Blanca. But maybe it's just because I want him to find someone that isn't Hope.  Dario is just creepy though.  

Poor Claire. Or really, I guess the actress. But every song she sings sounds identical. Maybe it's always the same song, but today she said something about new lyrics, so I think it was new. It's been a long time since I've heard Chloe sing, so I can't remember if I liked her voice or not.

Was Jack on Monday's show? I read something somewhere that implied he was, but no one is elaborating, so if he was, I guess it wasn't enough to write about.

• Love 1

Abby saw him after she accidentally set herself on fire. He told her it wasn't her time yet and that he'd help her get free. This was in a flashback to what she belived happened...

Very quick appearance.

• Love 2