Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Why didn't Victor attend the grand opening of his club?  And does it have a name, or is it just going to be "Victor's Club"?

I love that Sonny is leaving Club TBD and telling T to close up soon, and people are still just now arriving at Victor's place.

Is it just me, or does anybody else think that a blown up full color photo of a vulture is a strange thing to want to have on your wall?

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 2

Why didn't Victor attend the grand opening of his club?  And does it have a name, or is it just going to be "Victor's Club"?

I love that Sonny is leaving Club TBD and telling T to close up soon, and people are still just now arriving at Victor's place.

Is it just me, or does anybody else think that a blown up full color photo of a vulture is a strange thing to want to have on your wall?

I think we're supposed to think Serena is a vulture too (and no doubt many do LOL), but I think there will be much more to it.

• Love 3

I'm not surprised Rafe didn't have scenes with Theresa before because Sami had barely any scenes with Theresa.  The writers can't be bothered to show characters outside their current box of the moment.

It looks more and more like Sonny's entire world is going to come crashing down on him.  I'm not looking forward to seeing that.  I really want Sonny to dump Will, and never look back.

• Love 4

T looks like Lip from Shameless. He's cute. I like Lucas but don't want him with Adrienne.

Melanie wears her hair in that bed head sex hair mullet for years and the actress does in real life too. It's kinda weird.

• Love 3

This week certainly ended with a whimper, didn't it?  Theresa looked fantastic, though, and it's always fun to see Ann.  Unlike probably most of you, I enjoyed Adrienne and Lucas.  Adrienne's worst tendencies seem to be more muted lately and her interplay with Lucas was.....nice.  Oh!  Also always good to see T.

And there's the problem.  The day players sometimes are more fun to watch than the regulars.  At least Abigail and Ollie were playing at the Malibu Barbie house and not at the new club, so there's that.  Frankly, that new guy, Clint, looks like someone who escaped halfway through an electro-shock treatment.  I can understand Theresa ditching Rafe if she knew what a drag he usually is, but on simple looks alone, he wins over Freddie-Kruger-in-the-Square hands down.

I see that in his quest for ultimate purity, ex-Fadda Dumbass has repressed all feelings of sexuality and regressed to pre-adolescence, but did he also vow to retreat from any display of personality as well?  All Serena did was actually touch him - like actual adults do from time to time, in places other than the Baltimore Catechism World in which he lives, and he pulled away as if she'd suggested he violate his purity, or look upon his own nakedness, or worship an idol or something.  Eric isn't vanilla - he's totally taste-free.  I don't know what happened to Sami's twin but this frogurt isn't him.  He really should abstain from all contact with women and instead form a prayer group with Jenn and Maggie.  God knows they won't arouse any carnal thoughts.

I'm wanting Show to move past the every-other-day Serena/Nicole catfight.  One was okay, the second was unneeded, the third was tedious and this one makes them both look silly.  If Show wants to beat a dead horse then I suggest Show go beat on Jawn.  

And somebody snap Maggie's bloomers until she shuts up.  What Brady and Mel get up to, as odious as it may be and it WILL be odious, isn't any of her business.  Unless she's just looking for some juicy bits to share with Jenn.

Step it up, Show.

Edited by boes
  • Love 10

The writers needed a new couple and drew their names out of a hat?

Dartboard in the writers' room, I think. In fact, I bet there were more than a few stray puncture wounds from mis-aimed drunken dart throws before this latest "super"-couple was settled on.

• Love 2

I see that in his quest for ultimate purity, ex-Fadda Dumbass has repressed all feelings of sexuality and regressed to pre-adolescence, but did he also vow to retreat from any display of personality as well?  All Serena did was actually touch him - like actual adults do from time to time, in places other than the Baltimore Catechism World in which he lives, and he pulled away as if she'd suggested he violate his purity, or look upon his own nakedness, or worship an idol or something.  Eric isn't vanilla - he's totally taste-free.  I don't know what happened to Sami's twin but this frogurt isn't him.  He really should abstain from all contact with women and instead form a prayer group with Jenn and Maggie.  God knows they won't arouse any carnal thoughts.

I'm sure the show is trying to show that his heart still belongs to Nicole, and I'm fine with that. Serena can be pretty angst who keeps him occupied while Nicole is playing with Dr. Tan, but at least play with her, Eric. Stop playing hard to get!

Edited by sometimesfan
  • Love 3

I'm sure the show is trying to show that his heart still belongs to Nicole, and I'm fine with that. Serena can be pretty angst who keeps him occupied while Nicole is playing with Dr. Tan, but at least play with her, Eric. Stop playing hard to get!

Exactly.  I just can't buy him being able to step away from her so easily.  It's been established that they were an item and not in the malt shop way.  So him always stepping back from her now makes him seem.....well, priggish, but also sort of stupid too.  It's as if he's been neutered.

• Love 4

"Hey, this doughnut has kind of a chalky under-taste..."

This is how Sparkle and Sonny are going to discover that Sparkle has been boinking Sonny's pet Sneasel.  Sparkle will say that he really loves his new boyfriend, except he's noticed he has a chalky under-taste.  And Sonny will do a double-take, because his husband ALSO has a chalky undertaste.....Oh that Sneasel!

• Love 3

And there's the problem.  The day players sometimes are more fun to watch than the regulars.  At least Abigail and Ollie were playing at the Malibu Barbie house and not at the new club, so there's that.  Frankly, that new guy, Clint, looks like someone who escaped halfway through an electro-shock treatment.  I can understand Theresa ditching Rafe if she knew what a drag he usually is, but on simple looks alone, he wins over Freddie-Kruger-in-the-Square hands down.

Having seen the actor who plays Clint in a Speedo (which is not meant for mere humans; Google Lucas Kerr and Versace) I can only be happy for Theresa (and maybe a bit jealous).

• Love 3

Having seen the actor who plays Clint in a Speedo (which is not meant for mere humans; Google Lucas Kerr and Versace) I can only be happy for Theresa (and maybe a bit jealous).

My my MY, I did google him.  And I see what you mean.  Oh yes, yes I do.  A definite oogle Google moment.

Pardon me while I go and google again!  

• Love 4

I guess I need to do some research, for scientific purposes only. ;)

ETA Alrightie then.

Edited by sometimesfan
  • Love 4

Wait, so the creepy guy in the square is the new contract player?   If so, he's not nearly as good looking as the photos made him out to be.  That squiggly vein along his temple was fucking weird.

Hmph.  I want Theresa and Rafe.

ETA:  Ditto on the catfights being one too many.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 5

His face and eyes remind me of DG/Daniel from Y&R who became a prime time star. That far and body make him twice as attractive as plastic bland BOllie.

• Love 1

I actually thought taking Paul in a self-hating direction was a lazy and cliché choice on the show's part.

Agreed it is lazy, but the only reason I could see it coming is because this is Days and they like to make everything like a PSA or After School Special. The big clue was when they made it so Paul was unable to play baseball. I thought it was way too early to take the sports angle out of the equation. No stakes for when Paul is outed and the career was (at least initially) Sonny's direct competition.

It also seems like Sonny is destined to help men come out. He should just become a motivational speaker! The problems Sonny faced with Will are similar to what he will face with Paul now, if they were to resume their relationship. I was just saying last week that Paul would be a better partner with respect to confidence and self-sufficiency, but where is the contest now? They should have just brought back Brian.

The only thing I can think is that maybe Mama Narita is going to be super homophobic. They haven't shown a parent disowning a child.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 4

Unlike probably most of you, I enjoyed Adrienne and Lucas.  Adrienne's worst tendencies to be more muted lately and her interplay with Lucas was.....nice.

Wait until Adrienne finds out Justin has been cheating (I assume that's where this is going). She will go right back to being unbearable.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5

The only thing I can think is that maybe Mama Narita is going to be super homophobic. They haven't shown a parent disowning a child.

Fish's parents on OLTL pretty much did (there was a great line once in the middle of a fight Fish and Kyle were having where Fish said if he wanted to feel like half a man, he'd call his dad), although they a) were guest characters while Mama Narita sounds like she's going to be recurring and b) there were hints that Fish's baby was going to help heal the rift before the characters were bullshittingly axed.

And there's the rub.  If Mama Narita is going to be around for a while, they're not going to want to go too overboard on her rejecting Paul.  She'll probably take longer to come around than Sami and Lucas did, but in the end, I'm sure she'll be medding in the boys' love lives just like the rest of their parents.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

It would be cool if she would be a baseball coach and spend her entire time teaching him to play a new position (though maybe that's more Sonny & Will's jobs?), but, this being Days, she'll probably end up being all about his relationships.

• Love 3

I think there's the cultural angle to deal with in the case of Paul since he's Asian. I assume that's another reason he's been reluctant to come out of the closet -- because of certain traditions or because of potential strictness in his cultural background. His agents probably didn't want to come out of the closet because of sponsorships and prejudices present in the West, but his culture might also have something to do with it. A journalist would probably try to touch on that angle for an article (regardless of whether this has actually had any impact on him), but I don't know if it would strike Will to think about that as a possibility.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

I think there's the cultural angle to deal with in the case of Paul since he's Asian.

Yeah, I assume the cultural angle will come into play, but I won't lie and say I'm not leery about seeing these writers try and write it, you know?

• Love 4

Yeah, I assume the cultural angle will come into play, but I won't lie and say I'm not leery about seeing these writers try and write it, you know?

I figure Mama Narita is going to be a Tiger Mom stereotype.

• Love 3

Teresa is very pretty and well-groomed. Why is it so hard for her to find a date?

It's ridiculous for the writers to expect me to believe that someone who looks like Theresa doesn't have guys lined up wanting to date her.

It's also ridiculous for the writers to expect me to want attractive nice mature Sonny with Sneasal or closet case Paul.  Again, someone who looks like Sonny is not going to have a problem finding guys who want to date him who don't take him for granted, cheat on him, or expect him to hide in the closet.

• Love 9

Why does Show think we're interested in seeing another coming out story, this time involving some new guy we don't care about and who is also an interloper in the Will/Sonny relationship.

I don't know what the reason is, but this story is probably being written by the same person who thinks we care about Tamiflu killing Mama Weston's baby boy.

I actually forgot about the impact of Paul being Asian. It does add another layer to the ordinary self-hating gay guy who is scared to come out to his family.

I just think that they have bogged Paul down with too many issues. First he's an athlete, then it's the cultural issue then he is self-hating. Show should have just picked the athlete angle and told the story well. As has been said, we have seen the self-hating story with Will already, and I don't have faith that they will do the cultural angle justice.

I also suspect that Paul's mom will be a Tiger Mom type. If they are going to have her come around to the idea of Paul being gay, I wish she could be a meddlesome mother who is a villain. Adrienne has the nagging meddlesome mother market cornered, so I wish there was someone around like Kate in the Lumi years. Let her get between WilSon so Paul can have Sonny.

Sadly, I don't think the show will go there because they want everyone to be holding hands in a circle eventually.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 4

I don't think Clint is good-looking exactly, and most likely he'll be trouble (judging by the way he looks), but he does seem less plastic than Ben. Then again, plastic seems less plastic than Ben.

I'm honestly surprised those hot studio lights haven't melted anything yet.  All snark aside, it is really sad that someone so young has done that to themselves.  

Anyway, I hope Sonny embraces his inner Kiriakis and goes all scorched earth on Will & Paul.  

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3

Honestly he doesn't do much for me either. Great body, but I am more of a face person as long as the body isn't terrible.

Right me too, Freddie Smith & Brendan Michael Coughlin don't have muscular bods but I find them so damn attractive.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 4

Casey Moss was as well. But, then, so was Rob Wilson. Doesn't necessarliy influence acting ability. It can influence viewability, at least in my case.

I didn't know they were underwear models either. I don't think it affects acting ability either, but I'd prefer not to know which actors modelled underwear, I guess. I suppose I can deal with the ones running around in their boxers, but those speedo type ads are usually pretty cheesy. 

• Love 1

Anyway, I hope Sonny embraces his inner Kiriakis and goes all scorched earth on Will & Paul.

It would be hilarious to see how long it took Sneasel to go running to Kate, or call Sami for help when that happens.  Unfortunately, if Sonny dares to be upset about Will cheating, at some point, the writers will probably try to make Sonny out to be the bad guy and blame him for what Will did.

Having been cheated on by Carrie and Chloe, I wonder what Lucas' reaction will be to Will's cheating.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4

Well, I dunno.  I just learned about a thing called eggplant Fridays and while I'm up with that...

I'd feel the same if I googled KM or JL or any of the younger actresses.  I wouldn't necessarily expect to see a 2:1 of nudity vs acting shots.  Looks like he has some acting cred though, which is great.  I hate s JL getting involved with the Kristen goon although it will pull her back into Brady's orbit and I liked JL and Brady.  They had nowhere to go but up and if a kid matures that manchild I'm all for it.  Like a few others on this show he's capable of more. I sort of don't mind the Brady/Melanie quirkiness but despite her quirkiness I suspect she's personally a very smart girl and I'd rather see her with Chad. 

Naggie should wave down Paige in the middle of Horton Square intending to butt into the Deveraux household some more and they should both be hit by a bus.  Especially if Abifail guppy is lined up behind her.

ETA Ok, because it's my day off and I'm thinking about it, what I wouldn't give to see JL seduce Eeyore on a one night stand starting with removing the priestly grey hoodie.  I don't care if they're related. 

Oh, and I've been with you all on how disgusting CreepyKate are.  For a long time.  But right after that horrible physical abuse of TamiFlu.  I feel dirty just watching both acts.  I guess that makes him a good actor but cheeses Days, who the f do you think you're writing for.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 5

Will is such a piece of shit husband and son. You'd think after seeing his mom devasted over a cheating spouse, his father fucked over by cheating loves time and again, and how devoted his husband Sonny is that Will would be faithful. He's not very deep or thoughtful.

Serena isn't impressing me with her class or refinement.

Abby needs to shut the fuck up.

• Love 11

He's not very deep or thoughtful.

That's it! That's it! I think that's what I find bizarre and puzzling about this version of Will.  

I think Sami, for all her faults, would be freaking out like nobody's business right now. But Will seems....I don't even know how to describe him. 

I still find Abby annoying, but it's weird how she's become as much of a non-entity as she was before she got with EJ even though she's on almost every day.  She talks and talks and talks, but...blah. She's back to being...sort of like scenery. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

You're so right on that Jar Jar is a non factor on Days. She talks about nothing but herself. Every major storyline that she's involved in, she comes off as the bad guy who writers try to spin into a good guy but fails miserably. Maybe if writers stop trying so hard to make her good and just truly make her a villainous, they might be better off because her actions, the way she talks, her facial expressions all point to her being the bad guy more than the good guy. It does help that she looks like she should be barking in front of a fire hydrant, that alone screams villain.

We'll just chalk it up to GW being a horrible actor, cause I'm sure that the scripts he gets it says looks guilty, be emotional, and he's just unable to deliver. Maybe they're secretly taking it out on him by dressing him up like a demented Mr. Rogers. If he acted better he might be dressed better. He's just one of the worst actors on Days and he can put himself right there with Charity Rahmer, Kate Mansi, Diedre Hall, Drake Hogestyn, Kyle Brandt, Shawn Christian, Robert Scott Wilson, & Chrishell Stause (she may have been good on her previous soap but on Days she stinks).

• Love 7

That's interesting your comments about Jar Jar. The SOD from 2 weeks ago basically said the same thing in their "Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down" section. Her page was a thumbs down and said how hypocritical and nasty she was and said she's a "good" character but does horrible things without thought. This is noteworthy because they were commenting on current plot and actions and her portrayal. And especially remarkable because I thought the publication liked her and her character because for a while she was giving interviews weekly on evey show topic and all sorts of interest pieces about her style and vacations and stuff.

I have to concur with the magazine. Abbystank is phony, smug bitch who goes around saying and doing nasty shit. The actress is not really helping matters with her acting choices and mannerisms and expressions. I know there's only so much one can do with writing but she could provide shades and more pleasant performance. Also her boyfriend is a writer she should say something to him LOL.

• Love 9

That's interesting your comments about Jar Jar. The SOD from 2 weeks ago basically said the same thing in their "Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down" section. Her page was a thumbs down and said how hypocritical and nasty she was and said she's a "good" character but does horrible things without thought. This is noteworthy because they were commenting on current plot and actions and her portrayal. And especially remarkable because I thought the publication liked her and her character because for a while she was giving interviews weekly on evey show topic and all sorts of interest pieces about her style and vacations and stuff.

I have to concur with the magazine. Abbystank is phony, smug bitch who goes around saying and doing nasty shit. The actress is not really helping matters with her acting choices and mannerisms and expressions. I know there's only so much one can do with writing but she could provide shades and more pleasant performance. Also her boyfriend is a writer she should say something to him LOL.

Which writer is her boyfriend? I thought only older people wrote for Days. Either way, it would explain why every character always has to mention how beautiful Abby is.

Regarding SOD, perhaps the show was behind having her do every interview because they were trying to make her 'happen'. With EJami off the show and Abby not in a high profile storyline, maybe SOD are free to publish what they want.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 2

Abifail is never going to happen so they need to go ahead and kill her. Just have someone lock her in a car trunk and have the car sent to a junkyard where it will be crushed. Or bury her alive. Or set her on fire. Or put rat poison in her drink.

• Love 8

The writers efforts to prop certain characters, and lead the fans, as Ken Corday says they try to do, has failed miserably.  Apparently, these fools don't know anything about human nature.  Trying to force the viewers to like and dislike certain characters doesn't work, it almost always backfires.

• Love 7

I figured they had KM do the promotion work at the time because the other actors in her storyline were either not doing interviews or talking about other storylines. 

When it comes to acting,  I think some of KM's expressions might be  more stereotypically soapy  (like that's how she thinks a soap character would act rather than an actual human being?) and, uh, this is the result for Abigail. Like, she went to a how-to guide or something and pulled out the expressions that might work for All My Children's Kendall rather than picking the right expressions for someone who is perceived by the town as extremely angelic.  It'd be interesting to see her script and what kind of notes she writes in there (if she does). I remember an actor on the show saying that the girl who played Chelsea would have a lot of notes written into her script (I hope I'm remembering this correctly). Maybe that's why she was able to elevate Chelsea beyond the irritant on paper she seemed to be. 

Edited by bantering

I figured they had KM do the promotion work at the time because the other actors in her storyline were either not doing interviews or talking about other storylines.

JS and AS probably didn't have the opportunity to do more interviews because KM swooped in and took over.

• Love 2

JS and AS probably didn't have the opportunity to do more interviews because KM swooped in and took over.

I really thought KM did the EJabby interviews because JS couldn't be bothered, but when she gave interviews about the Nick storyline, that's when I thought the show must have some kind of Agenda.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 3

The show did have an agenda.  They were trying to prop the boring twit, and use EJ and Sami to do it.  It didn't work.  JS' silence spoke volumes even more than his comments about not liking the SL, and that Sami was the only woman EJ loved, etc.

AS was more diplomatic.  AS also liked her pairings with Lucas, Rafe, and Brandon, so another pairing of Sami's not working out wasn't that big of a deal to her.  She was tired of Sami's ping ponging around though.

I think it was stupid of the writers to break up Rafe/Sami and Sami/Lucas to put Sami with EJ when it was just the same thing all over again.  Eight years of EJ ruining Sami's life was more than enough.  If they ever get AS to return as Sami, I hope EJ stays dead.  I have no interest in another sexist SL of EJ trying to destroy Sami's life, and blaming her for it.

• Love 7