Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

What is Claire and Ciara's beef with Jade?

Rafe was a Cubs fan even when he lived in Mexico?

Xander keeps saying he isn't a monster who wouldn't hurt a baby, but he left Tate alone with a dying Brady.

Are there shark infested waters in the Aegean?

Y'know, if I were going to go meet my new girlfriend's mother for the first time, I think I would shave.

19 hours ago, NorthstarATL said:

Well, that's two down and one to go, Tripp. Thank goodness it's not a large family, or he could be jumping to conclusions as to who offed Saint Ava for the entire summer before landing on the culprit.

But he hasn't met Stephanie yet.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

There are adults on the show who haven't used the bathroom in years. 

So that's why Rafe, Julie, and Victor are full of it.....if finally makes sense....

• Love 6
(edited)
22 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

What is Claire and Ciara's beef with Jade?

That they are both entitled snots who like to pass judgement on anyone who isn't them, or dating them, or related to them...

All I can say is that Nicole really is too stupid to live.  She literally can't do anything for herself anymore without making things worse and needing someone to rescue her.  How many times has this woman been rescued because she can't do shit for herself??!  

For that matter, Brady is a moron too.  

Speaking of... I had to laugh at how nonchalant Rafe was when Brady flatlined in front of him.  Just vaguely, calmly says to Valerie.  "Um yeah...so he just sort of stopped breathing here..." had about as much enthusiasm as he would if he were asking for a glass of water for Brady.  Lol.

Edited by LadyJaney
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

But he hasn't met Stephanie yet.

He knows she wasn't even in town when that happened, so there's no way he can suspect her.

• Love 1

Hope and Rafe sure clued in quickly that Wyatt may not be all he seems - just something a bit too convenient with him. Rafe still really has no input regarding Ciara. I would find it odd that my boyfriend has all the same interests, likes and dislikes that I have. And nothing on his own.

Claire and Ciara, you don't need to jump on Jade. She is living next door now, at least for now.

Claire, you need to pay your dues for a music career. Yes, the music biz is very generic and corporate these days and you probably sound just like everyone else, which is good in some ways. There are probably thousands of really good vocalists out there who don't get a shot at a professional music career. Getting a record company to nurture you and develop you these days is tough. And it is really unlikely that any sort of sex tape will help you out. Theo would need to be a willing participant. Otherwise, he could most likely take legal action.

Xander, when did you have time to build a cage? Just dumb.

Poor Daniel's heart in not going on much longer. It is a blessing, Brady.

Not many sharks in the Aegean or Mediterranean. Mostly harmless. Unless the latest Sharknado is filming!

• Love 3

Stephanie could have snuck into town, smothered Ava with the pillow and snuck out again without anyone even knowing!! it's the perfect crime!!

bashing Xander over the head without a real plan was not very smart. but what is with this tiny cage in the middle of the living room? soaps never seem to take into account that people need bathroom facilities. also, remember way back when when Tony/Andre (don't remember which one it was) was imprisoned with a motorcycle helmet on his head and when the helmet came off he was clean shaven??

• Love 1
On 5/5/2017 at 10:11 PM, annabel said:

Stephanie could have snuck into town, smothered Ava with the pillow and snuck out again without anyone even knowing!! it's the perfect crime!!

Switching his paternity test and sending him back to Arizona would probably be more up her alley.

On 5/4/2017 at 8:08 PM, NorthstarATL said:

Well, that's two down and one to go, Tripp. Thank goodness it's not a large family, or he could be jumping to conclusions as to who offed Saint Ava for the entire summer before landing on the culprit.

His eagerness to believe Kayla did it seemed almost sinister.  He was so rude too, hanging up on Kayla and no niceties when she met him in Murder Park at his beck and call, that it was hard to believe she thought he was warming up to her and Steve.  But whatever, this is the only interesting twist so far in this horrible story.

• Love 1
On 5/5/2017 at 8:06 PM, LadyJaney said:

That they are both entitled snots who like to pass judgement on anyone who isn't them, or dating them, or related to them...

All I can say is that Nicole really is too stupid to live.  She literally can't do anything for herself anymore without making things worse and needing someone to rescue her.  How many times has this woman been rescued because she can't do shit for herself??!  

For that matter, Brady is a moron too.  

Speaking of... I had to laugh at how nonchalant Rafe was when Brady flatlined in front of him.  Just vaguely, calmly says to Valerie.  "Um yeah...so he just sort of stopped breathing here..." had about as much enthusiasm as he would if he were asking for a glass of water for Brady.  Lol.

GG is a terrible actor but that scene was the worst ever from him. And that's saying something!

(edited)
Spoiler

Some good stuff in Friday's episode:

- Claire and Theo finally had some decent dialogue and sweet scenes together. I really wish they would focus more on her music career and this was a step in the right direction. I liked the reference to Philip because that entire plotline with her being Chloe's assistant was completely forgotten about, even though Chloe is technically still in town and, in theory, still pursuing her music career. Why haven't those two had a scene together since last summer?

- Eric accepting the mission and getting some help with Jennifer even though she's fully aware that it will probably cause him serious legal problems. I'm not used to seeing Jennifer play outside the box and her willingness to use any contacts to try and locate Nicole or Xander was really cool of her.

- This was the first time I ever saw any real fire from Valerie. Can the show just have Valerie giving Rafe shit for his stupidity all the time? It works for her and it definitely works for me!

- While I really hate Jade's sex tape idea, it is kind of an attempt on the show's part to include something topical. No one would care about the Kardashians if not for their sex tape and it would make sense that someone as young as Claire might briefly consider the idea of making one. I just hope the idea isn't followed through with. It would be far too easy for the show to paint Claire as this monster for trying to rope Theo into embarrassing himself that way. I really don't want her to be the bad girl to Ciara's perfect soulmate...

The Weird:

- Xander's explanation to Nicole about why she's being kept there is so vague I'm surprised Nicole hasn't given it more thought. He obviously doesn't seem to care for Holly at all nor does he seem in love with Nicole. If all he wanted was revenge sex, it could have been much more easily accomplished. If Nicole is smart enough to question where he got all of his money for his private island in Greece I should think she would also wonder why the heck Xander gives a damn about her at all considering she really wasn't one of his primary targets last fall...

- Was it just me or did Kristian take a moment when Ciara's date walked into the Pub to have Hope silently flashback to her dream sequence with the same actor last spring when he played Zack? It felt a little bit like the actress was acknowledging something the script wouldn't.

...I have to say I severely hate the fact that two of Ciara's lovers so far have both been her brother in one way or another.

Edited by DisneyBoy
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

- Was it just me or did Kristian take a moment when Ciara's date walked into the Pub to have Hope silently flashback to her dream sequence with the same actor last spring when he played Zack? It felt a little bit like the actress was acknowledging something the script wouldn't.

It wasn't just you - I thought the same thing! Her reaction reminded me of someone who meets someone and is trying to remember where they knew the person from. I half thought (hoped!) she was going to say "have I met you before?" :)

• Love 1

...but she couldn't do that directly. Then Hope would be allowing her daughter to date what Hope suspects is her brother in some other reality.

Why did they cast the same guy anyways? Weird.

3 hours ago, BoldDays said:

It wasn't just you - I thought the same thing! Her reaction reminded me of someone who meets someone and is trying to remember where they knew the person from. I half thought (hoped!) she was going to say "have I met you before?" :)

I really wish they would of acknowledged that.  To me it would of been a real moment of Hope remembering Zack.  Even if it was just "You remind me of one of my sons".

Speaking of Hope's pseudo children, can they please bring back JT and Greta while they are at it. I think it would be interesting to see how JT turned out and how his special needs have manifested as a now adult.  Also the relationship to Theo and Abe would be nice to explore.  I always welcome Greta back.  Hope always shined wit her "mother/daughter" relationship with Greta. Hell, throw Chelsea in the mix as well.

• Love 1
(edited)
43 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I really wish they would of acknowledged that.  To me it would of been a real moment of Hope remembering Zack.  Even if it was just "You remind me of one of my sons".

Speaking of Hope's pseudo children, can they please bring back JT and Greta while they are at it. I think it would be interesting to see how JT turned out and how his special needs have manifested as a now adult.  Also the relationship to Theo and Abe would be nice to explore.  I always welcome Greta back.  Hope always shined wit her "mother/daughter" relationship with Greta. Hell, throw Chelsea in the mix as well.

I don't think that the show remembers JT. I have been wanting JT back, ever since Zack died.  For months, he lived as Bope's son. He should be on the show.   The same goes for Chloe's sister Joy, Andrew Donovan, Noelle Curtis, Sandy Horton, Sarah Horton and Sonny's three brothers. There are so many other legacy kids twisting in the wind that could have been brought back to add dimensions and stories in Salem.

Edited by Apprentice79

Did anyone else notice that the little actor playing Thomas pulled his arm away from BF when Chad was kissing him goodbye. lol

I'm glad Holly made an appearance today instead of that doll wrapped in the blanket.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I don't think that the show remembers JT. I have been wanting JT back, ever since Zack died.  For months, he lived as Bope's son. He should be on the show.   The same goes for Chloe's sister Joy, Andrew Donovan, Noelle Curtis, Sandy Horton, Sarah Horton and Sonny's three brothers. There are so many other legacy kids twisting in the wind that could have been brought back to add dimensions and stories in Salem.

I believe the last time JT was mentioned was when Ciara was still being played by Lauren Bowles. I remember a small storyline where Hope had planned a vacation and her and Ciara went to go visit JT, Glenn, and Barb.  Speaking of Glenn and Barb they can come back as well.  Have the whole family move back to Salem.  Salem is always in need of new blood who aren't related to anyone. 

3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Why did they cast the same guy anyways? Weird.

Because they liked what he did in that one day stint.

6 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I believe the last time JT was mentioned was when Ciara was still being played by Lauren Bowles. I remember a small storyline where Hope had planned a vacation and her and Ciara went to go visit JT, Glenn, and Barb.  Speaking of Glenn and Barb they can come back as well.  Have the whole family move back to Salem.  Salem is always in need of new blood who aren't related to anyone. 

Don't they show JT's ornament on the Horton Christmas tree?

(edited)
35 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Don't they show JT's ornament on the Horton Christmas tree?

I think they do. I believe it is near Zack's.

Edited by JBC344

I did too, but surely there was another part for him. They keep hooking Ciara up with sexually sinister brother figures....heck, they even had Jennifer say "...after all she went through with Chase..." The show is reminding us that Ciara was raped by her then-brother...and then have her walk into the pub with the actor who would have been playing her brother if he was still alive.

NASTY.

I'm glad Holly made an appearance today instead of that doll wrapped in the blanket.

LOL, me too.

I love Xander. He never overstays his welcome, and he always tells it like it is. I enjoyed every one of his scenes today because someone was finally calling Nicole out on her stupid history for the last few years. Sad that Xander seems to be the only one willing to say that Nicole's anger towards Eric is really misplaced love. Is the show finally going to give fans the Nicole and Eric romance they've been waiting years for? Or is this just another tease? You have to admit - it's a classic soap set up for injured Brady to ask his brother to go rescue Nicole, only to have Nicole and Eric fall back in love and Brady be frustrated and Nicole be all torn between the two men. If Dena can manage to write it adequately, I'm all on board.

Today's episode really felt like a Friday episode didn't it, what with Eric boarding the jet and Brady's heart giving out and Deimos threatening him and Nicole vowing to break free.

I couldn't swallow Maggie thanking Deimos for finding Brady though. That woman should want to kick Deimos repeatedly in the nuts every time she sees him.

I eagerly await the scenes - and here's hoping we get em - of Victor and Maggie taking turns kicking Deimos on the floor.

• Love 1

Another episode and more fucking Daniel bombs. 

I really wish Brady's Daniel heart would give out so he could get a new one.  I'm tired of this heart being in the forefront of every story happening.  It sucks. 

I know people don't like Xander much here but two things I enjoyed from him here: He took off his shirt and he called Daniel dull.  ?

• Love 8

Why is Kate dressed like a pregnant Pilgrim?

You see, Show?  When you use real babies, they don't hyperventilate.

Dario is providing for the family?  You mean Rafe's cop salary and Gabi's clothing consultant company don't make any money?

38 minutes ago, BlackMamba said:

I really wish Brady's Daniel heart would give out so he could get a new one.  I'm tired of this heart being in the forefront of every story happening.  It sucks. 

I made comments of a similar nature in another forum and was told I was a horrible person for saying bad things about Daniel.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Glenn, Barb, and J.T. all live in or near Cedar Rapids, right?  I remember Hope and Zack being snatched from there by Larry back in '02.

1 hour ago, Nalan said:

Glenn, Barb, and J.T. all live in or near Cedar Rapids, right?  I remember Hope and Zack being snatched from there by Larry back in '02.

That sounds about right.  Seriously this show is in need of some energy/shot in the arm.  Can't wait for the new writing to take effect.  I'm trying to be optimistic on being pleasantly surprised.

• Love 1

That cage can't fit anyone except for a toddler. Nicole is supposed to sleep in it?

Pretty Xander. Almost a good catch - tells it like it is. Too bad he's a criminal.

May it soon be the complete removal of all things Daniel - bye bye heart.

Maggie, how foolish you are to say nice things about Deimos.

• Love 2
(edited)

I like Eric and Jennifer a whole lot more than I ever liked Jen/Dan, wich is not saying much 'cause I never liked Daniel.

Shut-up, Chad. Yes, you are free to bang Gabi's brains out. It shouldn't take you long. 

You can't have your cake and eat it, too, show. This bending over backwards to try and keep everybody's halo sparkling ends up making Chad look like a douche. Weeks of saying one thing in one scene, then immediately sniffing the flowers of unresolved sexual tension in the next. Abigail took one for the team, don't get mad and be disingenuous because she wasn't ok with just being the honorable choice.  

They couldn't have Chad end it because then he might look like a man who abandons his mentally unstable wife (he wouldn't have looked that way, imo). Basically the same for Gabi. She can't pursue it for fear her character looks like the opportunistic BFF (she wouldn't have, IMO). So, you go with Abby and it comes off as a bit fickle. Then, Chad and Gabi get to give her shit, because well, they've both nobly sacrificed their star crossed love, and how dare she.

Shut up and just do it already. Geez. 

Edited by Rowan
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Rowan said:

I like Eric and Jennifer a whole lot more than I ever liked Jen/Dan, wich is not saying much 'cause I never liked Daniel.

Shut-up, Chad. Yes, you are free to bang Gabi's brains out. It shouldn't take you long. 

You can't have your cake and eat it, too, show. This bending over backwards to try and keep everybody's halo sparkling ends up making Chad look like a douche. Weeks of saying one thing in one scene, then immediately sniffing the flowers of unresolved sexual tension in the next. Abigail took one for the team, don't get mad and be disingenuous because she wasn't ok with just being the honorable choice.  

They couldn't have Chad end it because then he might look like a man who abandons his mentally unstable wife (he wouldn't have looked that way, imo). Basically the same for Gabi. She can't pursue it for fear her character looks like the opportunistic BFF (she wouldn't have, IMO). So, you go with Abby and it comes off as a bit fickle. Then, Chad and Gabi get to give her shit, because well, they've both nobly sacrificed their star crossed love, and how dare she.

Shut up and just do it already. Geez. 

With the exception of your Eric/Jen vs Jen/Daniel comment, I disagree with your entire post. 

No one in the Gabi/Chad/Abby triangle is to blame here...except Abby for faking her death. Chad moved on with Gabby. When Abby came back, Chad committed to Abby and gave up Gabi (and vice versa). No one has done anything wrong here. Abby is being a stupid priss but I understand wanting to come first in their marriage. (Give me credit for giving Abby credit, please)

• Love 5
4 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

With the exception of your Eric/Jen vs Jen/Daniel comment, I disagree with your entire post. 

No one in the Gabi/Chad/Abby triangle is to blame here...except Abby for faking her death. Chad moved on with Gabby. When Abby came back, Chad committed to Abby and gave up Gabi (and vice versa). No one has done anything wrong here. Abby is being a stupid priss but I understand wanting to come first in their marriage. (Give me credit for giving Abby credit, please)

That's what I'm getting at. They are trying so hard to keep everybody from looking like the bad guy, that they all end up less likable. 

I've always maintained that Chad had every right to move on. But they had him choose Abby, only to pine for Gabi in every scene that Abigail wasn't in with him. Now they're both mad she's trying to move forward. Why? Cause she should be grateful he chose her and Gabi semi-bowed out? Yes, it's complicated, I suppose undead spouses can be a bit of a delimma.

I'm just saying, I was ok with it in the beginning. Where they are losing me is not having Chad end it or not having Chad be able to accept Abigail's decision as for the best for everybody. Why is he fighting it? Unless, he really does love Abigail more than Gabi, but then he just looks like a sad panda who can't have both. That's not a good look for him.

• Love 3
(edited)

I enjoyed the crap out of the drunken extra taking a swing at Tripp and the two brothers helping to take the fool down.  The moment felt very sibling-esque, but now I feel like an idiot because I didn't realize that Tripp was older then Joey--I thought  they were supposed to be about the same age.  So I guess Joey is 19 or 20 and Tripp's maybe 25?  (Obviously I'm the type of person who can't tell people's ages :):)  

Why does Lani have to be so unpleasant?  It's bad enough that she's an incompetent cop but she's now refusing to get help for drug withdrawal because she's on the job and has to appear strong at every possible moment and therefore has to be rude to Eli to show how "strong" she is?  I remember when Hope was a young woman starting out work as a private investigator and I believed in her every scene that she was a strong young woman and a capable detective.  Lani, not so much.

Jade is the very definition of an entitled brat and I'm glad Kayla told off her delusional ass.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

So I guess Joey is 19 or 20 and Tripp's maybe 25?  (Obviously I'm the type of person who can't tell people's ages :):)  

Tripp said the other day that he's 21.

• Love 2

Er, Joey, you really want to tangle with that big drunk guy?

Jeez, Jade, demanding much?

Have the DiMeras not paid their light bill?  That study is awful dark.

Why would Lani not want medical staff to know she's ill.

What was that other dealer's name?  Pez?  They sound like characters in "Max Headroom".

I love how police officers Hope and Rafe can just up and leave their jobs to run around the world on their own private missions.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Isn't Hope supposed to be on desk duty?

Isn't it still Hope's day off? They are wearing the same clothes...

Why is Joey closing up the pub in what looks like the middle of the afternoon?

5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Tripp said the other day that he's 21.

4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Oh man, I totally missed that scene--thanks for the confirmation :)

Twenty-one and an ASU grad.  What a concept to have another college grad on the show.  The last ones we had were Nick, Nathan, and Jett.  Most other characters only go as far as high school.

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Isn't Hope supposed to be on desk duty?

No.  A few weeks ago, Hope dropped a line saying that she was off desk duty and allowed to be back in the field.

• Love 1

As if Hope cares about Chad. Work sucks so it's time to hit up Greece in the spring!

Jade, Kayla has every right to kick your manipulative butt out and stop funding you. Blackmail regarding Joey? LOL. And now the mystery mother is mentioned? Jade, lying to Tripp will only bite you in your behind - again. You don't like Kayla because she won't be blackmailed by you? Go away, little girl.

The amulet sure isn't the Indiana Jones treasure type one - or maybe it is a bad picture. And a cursed one that the DiMera security folks won't go anywhere near? Um, no.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Jade, Kayla has every right to kick your manipulative butt out and stop funding you. Blackmail regarding Joey? LOL. And now the mystery mother is mentioned? Jade, lying to Tripp will only bite you in your behind - again. You don't like Kayla because she won't be blackmailed by you? Go away, little girl.

Jade reminded me of Ava in her scenes with Kayla.  What a horrid bitch! where the hell does she get off? Kayla has never liked her and today she proved it today with her scenes with Tripp. That actor who plays him is a find.  I hope Sherry nurtures his talent and he should become a villain for his generation after the truth comes out about Joey killing that vile Ava.  Steve and Kayla dealing with his villainous son would bring up so many issues for them, from the past like Jack when he was evil. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

That actor who plays him is a find.  I hope Sherry nurtures his talent and he should become a villain for his generation after the truth comes out about Joey killing that vile Ava.  Steve and Kayla dealing with his villainous son would bring up so many issues for them, from the past like Jack when he was evil. 

I'd rather Tripp stay good, thanks.  We have a dearth of truly good guys on the show and could definitely use some more.

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Jade reminded me of Ava in her scenes with Kayla.  What a horrid bitch! where the hell does she get off? Kayla has never liked her and today she proved it today with her scenes with Tripp. That actor who plays him is a find.  I hope Sherry nurtures his talent and he should become a villain for his generation after the truth comes out about Joey killing that vile Ava.  Steve and Kayla dealing with his villainous son would bring up so many issues for them, from the past like Jack when he was evil. 

He should already be bringing up all of those issues for them, but all they do is bring each other coffee cups and flowers and update each other on the kids.  It's ridiculous.

I think the actor is okay, but Tripp is the glitteriest character to hit the scene since Melanie Jonas and right out of the same mold.  The "bonding" today -- was it supposed to warm my heart that now that Tripp had decided Kayla Brady murdered St. Ava, he's free to bond with Joey and Steve?  Because it was exactly the opposite.  And wasn't it just last week that Steve was telling Jade that he and Kayla don't give up on people?  And Tripp joining in today on always sticking up for underdogs?  Kayla has every right not to support Jade, but this writing is *such* a screw-you to a character who has always been the first to open her arms to characters like Jade -- and giving her a free ride to keep her mouth shut is not what I mean.  Plus given what Jade knows about Joey, Kayla just looked like an idiot pushing her away.  Total plot device.

16 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I feel like an idiot because I didn't realize that Tripp was older then Joey--I thought  they were supposed to be about the same age.  So I guess Joey is 19 or 20 and Tripp's maybe 25?  (Obviously I'm the type of person who can't tell people's ages :):)

If he has to exist, Tripp should be more like 25, because he should be 6-8 years older than Joey.  Joey was born two years after Steve came back to Salem, and he was in Cincinnati for years before that.  Making him so young was really dumb.

Edited by lska
  • Love 4

Starting off by saying, I'm not "watching" the show, only reading Carolyn's Twitter recaps but...

I find myself rooting for Jade for some reason. WTF is wrong with me? I enjoyed her attitude with Kayla. I enjoyed her toying with Steve. 

I think my FF addiction is getting in the way of my DoOL "watching."

• Love 2
1 hour ago, swtrgrl said:

Starting off by saying, I'm not "watching" the show, only reading Carolyn's Twitter recaps but...

I find myself rooting for Jade for some reason. WTF is wrong with me? I enjoyed her attitude with Kayla. I enjoyed her toying with Steve. 

I think my FF addiction is getting in the way of my DoOL "watching."

Anybody that goes up against someone as wonderful as Kayla has problems. I was one of the few people on here who did not have a problem with Kayla supporting Abigail over Sami. Given that Sami betrayed her aunt Kayla, by supporting her mortal enemy Ava.

• Love 1

I don't have an opinion on the Sami/Ava thing. I wasn't paying attention at that point. 

As for Kayla supporting Abby? Meh.  Abby got coddled. She deserved every bit of the shit storm she got. She cheated. She begged to be the mistress of a married man with children. She didn't care.  I was 100% Team Sami in the Abby/EJ/Sami thing. 100%. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

I don't have an opinion on the Sami/Ava thing. I wasn't paying attention at that point. 

As for Kayla supporting Abby? Meh.  Abby got coddled. She deserved every bit of the shit storm she got. She cheated. She begged to be the mistress of a married man with children. She didn't care.  I was 100% Team Sami in the Abby/EJ/Sami thing. 100%. 

I was also Team Sami but now that we have Marci Miller playing the role, I like Abby now and I wonder of we'll get any Sami/Abby scenes?

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Anybody that goes up against someone as wonderful as Kayla has problems. I was one of the few people on here who did not have a problem with Kayla supporting Abigail over Sami. Given that Sami betrayed her aunt Kayla, by supporting her mortal enemy Ava.

How did she support Ava? I don't even remember them sharing scenes together but that was so long ago.

28 minutes ago, nilyank said:

How did she support Ava? I don't even remember them sharing scenes together but that was so long ago.

Sami was in throes of her EJ obsession and she helped Ava get a house next to Kayla's. It helped Ava in her continued schemes against Kayla. Sami has betrayed her family over and over for selfish needs.  I have never really understood Sami's need to hurt the people that love her the most. 

• Love 1

Sami has done worse than subletting her apartment to Ava. It was John's idea in the first place and he was going to invite Ava to live with him at the mansion while he was still married to Marlena.

I would also questioned Sami having a need to hurt the people who loved her the most. Except for Marlena and EJ, Sami rarely tried to go after and hurt her loved ones; they just sometimes were collateral damage when she went after someone else. I don't include Carrie as their relationship has been rocky since they were teenagers. 

• Love 3
(edited)

In today's episode, we got to watch Xander try and pay attention and absorb what Nicole saying about Deimos--it was very difficult for him so he threw a tantrum.  

I'm kind of enjoying Eric in action hero mode and I know Sonny and Paul are trying super-hard at being detectives but they just seem over their head.

The Valerie/Eli talk was long overdue and I can understand why he'd be upset that his dad's identity was kept from him, but it's now time to act like an adult about it.  I have to admit that Valerie cracked me up at her disbelief that David would turn his back not just on Scotty but on Julie--as if Julie wouldn't be the type of smothering person most humans would try to avoid.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Sami was in throes of her EJ obsession and she helped Ava get a house next to Kayla's. It helped Ava in her continued schemes against Kayla. Sami has betrayed her family over and over for selfish needs.  I have never really understood Sami's need to hurt the people that love her the most. 

I think it was more thoughtless than anything.  Sami was trying to sublet her apartment to Ava.  But at that point Ava was off the pills and on her way out of town, so there were no real consequences to S&K except giving them an opportunity to air out what had happened.  That was in July and they hadn't discussed even once Steve almost sleeping with Ava in April.

If there was going to be conflict between Sami and S&K, her relationship with EJ (who tortured Steve during his missing years) would have been a good source, but the writing totally dropped that ball.  But I always thought it was fair enough for Kayla to be annoyed at Sami using her hospital board position and involving her in her payback to Abby.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I was also Team Sami but now that we have Marci Miller playing the role, I like Abby now and I wonder of we'll get any Sami/Abby scenes?

I am meh about Marci...but she's a thousand times better than Mansi (still barfing over her win last weekend).

I'm okay with Sami/Abby scenes b/c Sami can gloat that she lost Chad due to her faking her death and him falling for her grandbabby momma. I hate Abby, no matter who is playing her. 

• Love 1