Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

There probably are some drugs that you can take (or a combo of them) that will make you appear 'dead' for a period of time. Most likely you would have a very  slow and faint, and almost undetectable pulse.

Or perhaps he's just been watching an endless loop of Rafe and Hope scenes.  Those would put anyone into a deathlike state.

• Love 16

Steve and Kayla set the bar for soap couples 30 years ago, and haven't lost their touch. A little cute, a little sexy, and a whole lot of great acting.

Dario and Blanca's dance was ?

So Kate is going to turn down Eduardo? Kate turning down a guy is a shocking twist. Who is going to take over as the "Salem Welcome Wagon."? This can't last!

Chad and Gabi couldn't be more obvious. But as long as I'm getting those baby blues on my screen I'm ok. 

• Love 4

I'm officially fed up with Deimos...Victor gives him Titan after he kills Bo, turns Philip against him, takes the house and empire and nearly kills both him and Maggie??? What the ****??

I get that this is where they were always headed with VI - he was clearly brought on to replace JA as the Greek baddie - but the writing made that impossible. You might as well have Chase and Ciara back together as happy siblings again, or Ava as Kayla's BFF. I ain't buying. This is too stupid for words.

They should have divided the company between Sonny and Brady, and had them welcome Philip into the fold gradually. That's only logical.

...but no, there's not enough WTF drama in it.

At least we're getting costumes today. Love me some Halloween costume fun.

Boy they're trying hard to make Claire insufferable, aren't they?

Theo's outfit is a bit garish...

Did we see a scene between Victor and Ciara where he offered her an inheritance?

Liking Valerie and Abe. The writers aren't making it too obvious...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4

Memo to the writers: 18 year olds don't go to Halloween parties where people who are old enough to be their parents and grandparents (and their actual parents and grandparents) are in attendance. 

Of course the festival was in Failure's honor. They act like she was a distinguished member of society. If anyone outside of her family knows who she is it's only because of her scandalous behavior. 

Hope was foolish for thinking Ciara would turn down Prictor's money. 

How many more times are Kayla and Marlena going to be put in danger this year?

I'm glad Hope is finally being exposed. I hope Andre doesn't forget about Rafe.

• Love 6

????????????

Wow. 

This episode was really great very entertaining,  well written and acted from start to finish.   I'm not even gonna bother writing a long lengthy play by play.  Just watch for yourself.    I just know this whole week felt like Days of Our Lives at it's best .   I can't think of one single episode this week that was miss or meh worthy.    It's wonderful seeing Days is getting its groove back. 

• Love 2

I was just thinking that it was awfully presumptuous of Valerie to call Theo "honey", and he said it himself.  :)  Go, Theo.

I gotta say that the best costume in the Square is the guy dressed as a daisy.

So Rafe and Hope are going to Halloween parties dressed as a couple.  That makes sense, since Halloween is all about dressing as somebody you aren't.

After I asked yesterday if Andre and Theo have ever interacted, there they are.

I like Doug's costume.

Who is Theo supposed to be?

So Joey is out of the hospital, and nobody bothered to tell us?

Uh, no, Ciara and Claire are NOT best friends, they are aunt and niece!

Why did NBC decide it was important to interrupt the show for a report on a fire in the airport in Chicago?

No, Rafe, that is NOT a toga.

smdh at the Saint Abigail crap.

I knew Andre was up to something.

2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Memo to the writers: 18 year olds don't go to Halloween parties where people who are old enough to be their parents and grandparents (and their actual parents and grandparents) are in attendance. 

It was a citywide party.

• Love 2

Did I miss the scenes about the money between Ciara and Victor? Shawn has a trust fund if I remember correctly. Claire and Ciara just need to yell at each other and get over it. The passive aggressiveness is old already. Theo this is what you are stuck in the middle of. He continues to be the best thing about the teen set.  I love the scenes with him and Abe. Thank you for letting James Reynolds get some shine! 

Sucks to be you Hope and Rafe! Exposed at the Halloween party. Wish I felt bad but I don't. 

Jennifer and Chad had a good scene. I love seeing him happy. I guess we are heading to Chad and Gabi soon. I like them but you know who is coming back soon enough. JJ seems to be apologizing for something and I don't think it's for getting shot. 

• Love 5

Yes, Mary Beth Evans and Stephen Nichols still have chemistry like nobody's business. Unlike, oh, say, Galen Gering and Kristian Alfonso. (Or Galen Gering and Lauren Koslow. Or Galen Gering and anyone. But I digress.)

I fast-forwarded through most of today's episode, but I have two observations: The Halloween costumes all looked unbelievably cheap, but Gering's hair (in his Mark Antony costume) looks pretty good tousled and wavy. Maybe anything would be better than the sticky, over-gelled fright wig he usually sports; what do I know?

Also: When Julie was all "I just can't imagine why Valarie Grant wasn't jumping for joy at seeing me," Hope's "Oh, please!" smirk just before she answered "Well, you could have been imagining it" filled me with abiding joy. Hope has her sister's number!

• Love 6

When Thaao was on GH a couple/three years ago he was kind of orange and his hair looked weird, but he is looking pretty good these days. Much better than Josh Taylor, who seemed to have maybe colored his "hair" again today.

Hope has always had a trust fund, why didn't she or Ciara mention that?

I like Theo much better with Ciara than with Claire. Why couldn't Jade have just stayed gone?

The whole thing in the square is in Abigail's honor but neither Chad or Jennifer are there??

• Love 3

I too wondered where Jennifer and Chad were. Justin, Adrienne, etc. Chad was apparently running 'late'.

Might be a challenge to find decent Halloween costumes in February or March, or whenever this was taped.

No one bothered to check on the name of the magician? He does need to be paid - unless it was noted that he was doing it for free. There would still be some forms for him to sign. I assume the box had a back door and both Marlena and Kayla were grabbed from behind.

I didn't mind Valerie's use of 'honey'. Some people call me names like 'dear'. You just shrug and accept it.

Didn't know if Claire was a groupie or what. I didn't know what exactly Rafe was wearing. A toga looks... different. Looked like some cheap dress from Forever 21 that fit. Hope was a very modern Cleopatra. Too bad they got exposed at the party.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Might be a challenge to find decent Halloween costumes in February or March, or whenever this was taped.

Nah, this films in Hollywood.  There are costumers on every block.

5 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I didn't know what exactly Rafe was wearing. A toga looks... different. Looked like some cheap dress from Forever 21 that fit.

It was a Roman military uniform.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Nah, this films in Hollywood.  There are costumers on every block.

It was a Roman military uniform.

Most of the costumes looked cheap.

I've been sick the past couple of days, so things don't look right. Wish we'd seen Rafe's sandals.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

No one bothered to check on the name of the magician? He does need to be paid - unless it was noted that he was doing it for free. There would still be some forms for him to sign. I assume the box had a back door and both Marlena and Kayla were grabbed from behind.

Kayla said the magician volunteered his time.

Question: Was Joey supposed to be Prince because.no. Isn't it enough the man is dead, must his name be desecrated in such a horrid manner.  

Theo can do so much better than obnoxious Ciara (interesting how she has been given oh so many of her mother's unlikable traits) and insipid Claire (she bores, can we ship her to wherever her parents are).  If however, the show intends to shove one of these pairings down our throats, I'll take Claire who actually like Theo, as opposed to "I guess I can't better deal you, so I'll cling to you until I find yet another perceived better deal" Ciara.

No sympathy for Hope, Rafe or Fauxman, I think they can all go away anytime now.

Jade is back - why? Did anyone miss her or care that she was gone?

Edited by Happytobehere
Typo
  • Love 3

With all the intrigue Show tries to build, I can't help but think that Victor is double-crossing Deimos double-crossing Victor.  Time will tell, I guess.

Meanwhile, still all over the place with story lines and teasers.  They showed us an Abigail teaser or two weeks ago, then just dropped it.   Things seem so disjointed and all over the place.  Seems like they bring people in to test the water, then quickly drop them.  

• Love 3

I know Kayla said the magician volunteered, but I wonder how he got the magic stuff together so fast?

oh, right, he does have a henchman working with him. I find it funny that he had the henchman even before Clyde or Xander were captured, yea, I guess Orpheus really didn't have a lot of faith in those two.

"Andre came dressed as himself" lol..good one, Doug. At least someone hasn't forgotten all the awful things Andre has done over the past 30+ years. And, Bill Hayes is still rather spry for 91 years old, 

• Love 3

I just snorted vey loudly at that, so thank you!

A quick line of dialogue about how the festivities are being thrown together quickly would have explained the cheapish costumes - they all bought them from the same costume shop? Honestly Rafe's was the worst, with the cheapo cape. I liked what little I saw of Jade's flapper outfit (and what it said about her to be wearing it - girl has dimensions!) Joey's just made me laugh - Disco Stew? He looked lame in an appropriately Joey way...

I'm so glad to have Orpheus back, and the actor did a fine job of disguising his voice and playing up the role of the magician. This guy is a gem and they'd better not try to kill him off again. Should I be surprised the stupid Horton Hospital didn't bother to vet an entertainer who is being invited in to have direct contact with vulnerable children?

The reveal of Hope's big secret was a letdown for me. For one thing, why would the interim mayor host a press conference in the exact spot the previous mayor was shot, much less in the midst of a Halloween party? For another, where are all of the fellow police officers to salute her or the media to take notice? I think it would sincerely diminish the impact of awarding an honor to one of your officers by having them dressed up in a goofy costume. I would have much preferred if Andre had simply taunted Hope all through the party, and then she would have taken the podium during a press conference the following day in front of the media and her fellow officers and then have the recording played over the loudspeakers.

That's the other thing - it didn't even sound like the recording was being played on set. It sounded added in during post-production and that really pissed me off. It's such an easy setup to have Hope take the podium, speak into the microphone and then have Andre activate the recording so that that plays over her speech. This weird non-reveal had no build up what so ever. In the good old days we would have seen Hope take the podium and Andre smile and then cut back later to the middle of her speech with a camera crew zooming in just as the dialogue cuts to her admission.

II sometimes feel like the people writing this show have never done soaps before. Well at least Hope's big secret is finally revealed. Am I fooling myself if I say that the aftermath won't be all about Rafe being her white knight?

I wish Anne and Theresa had attended the party to take money out of the Failure donation pot. They definitely would have livened things up a bit.

The tall guy in the green flower costume was such an eyesore.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2
On 10/25/2016 at 2:15 PM, Apprentice79 said:

Valerie/Abe and Valerie/David were before my time, but, I saw clips of the Grant Family on youtube, before, they got pulled off, by the youtube police..Sadly, the purge of past episodes, continues..

That shit makes NO SENSE and pisses me off. Days and the network lose no money off uploads of old episodes and clips. If anything it's promotion and free commercials for the show. 

As far as the argument..."well the actors and writers for that old content aren't paid for the YouTube clips" they wouldn't be if they weren't uploaded at all and also this at least gets their names out there and makes them relevant again. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

If you want proof of this look no further than the Chloe pregnancy. Does ANYONE understand what is going on here?

I don't even understand why they wrote Nadia's pregnancy into the story if they were just going to rush her off with nonsense. So Deimos isn't the father but Nicole/Deimos thinks he is?  That's about as much as I got from it. 

• Love 3

I was impressed with how GD handled the voice change for Orpheus. But , then, I really wasn't surprised, since his primary career for years has been in voice acting /voice overs. I think we all KNEW who he was, so it may have been obvious to us, even with a voice change. But for the characters who thought that Orpheus was dead, it could've easily fooled them as they would not have been expecting it to be Orpheus. 

And did Marlena say that Orpheus took "poison" ? WTF was she carrying around in her purse? And did Orpheus really invest THoSE pills? Or did he fake it, and actually ingest some sort of tablet that he had under his tongue for just such an occasion ?

• Love 3

With all respect to both neuromom and DisneyBoy, I didn't think Orpheus's voice sounded very much disguised at all -- I mean, not that he has to try hard to fool Salem's "Finest," but still. And I do agree with neuromom's observation that it was probably going to be clear to us even with a voice change. It's the writing, clearly, that makes the show so teeth-grindingly obvious, but I continue to be unimpressed with the actor, and baffled by how much praise his portrayal gets. He's not gnawing on the scenery like Susan Screechforth-Harpy, or half-asleep like Josh Taylor, but the bar on this show has been appallingly low for quite some time.

Edited by Sandman
That should probably read "half-asleep like Galen Gering, or halfway to dead like Josh Taylor," actually.
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

Is anyone spoiler-free?  If so, are you enjoying the show these days?  I keep wondering if the spoilers are, well, spoiling the show for me.

I stopped reading the spoilers and now hate it if I get spoiled, as i do find my enjoyment level went up.  For examp,e, I almost danced with joy when I saw Orpheus was still among the living and not in the morgue.  The only thing I still do is a cursory check to see if the show was enjoyable for those that watched that day, as that usually means we had a Rafe/Hope/Jennifer etc. light day.  Of course when I read that Steve and Kayla were on, my happiness factor increases exponentially as I'm all in with them until Dena does a Dena and craps on Kayla again.

• Love 5

Was it just me, or did the close bangs and beads of Hope's Cleopatra get-up make her nose suddenly look gigantic? Maybe it was the eye makeup. Apparently Cleopatra was the anachronistic lovechild of Barbra Streisand and Jimmy Durante?

• Love 2
On Friday, October 28, 2016 at 7:15 PM, Bwill3133 said:

[Theo] continues to be the best thing about the teen set.

He'll become the worst thing about that group if he keeps starting in on Valerie every time he sees her.  The woman made one damn mistake, dude.  Doctors make mistakes all the time, and hers was one she had no way of knowing about, thanks to your ever-so-sainted father's self-neglect.  Even said father in question told you so, and so did Ciara.

And yes, I totally agreed with Valerie.  That wasn't his autism talking. That was Theo himself.

Granted, it's still better than Joey's overall stupidity (even though he's been trying to learn from his mistakes), Claire's vapidness, and Ciara's everything, but if they turn him into a brat over one mistake, I'll be just as done with him as I am with the other teens.

Edited by Michel
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, annabel said:

I don't read spoilers at all, but I doubted very much that Orpheus was actually dead. It also seemed pretty obvious to me that he was the magician.

But we knew he was alive at that point, so the show wanted us to know that he was the magician.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Sandman said:

Was it just me, or did the close bangs and beads of Hope's Cleopatra get-up make her nose suddenly look gigantic? Maybe it was the eye makeup. Apparently Cleopatra was the anachronistic lovechild of Barbra Streisand and Jimmy Durante?

Forgetting Kristian's height, for a moment I actually thought she was supposed be Cher! That is, until I saw Galen's costume ;-)

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

I stopped reading the spoilers and now hate it if I get spoiled, as i do find my enjoyment level went up.  For examp,e, I almost danced with joy when I saw Orpheus was still among the living and not in the morgue.  The only thing I still do is a cursory check to see if the show was enjoyable for those that watched that day, as that usually means we had a Rafe/Hope/Jennifer etc. light day.  Of course when I read that Steve and Kayla were on, my happiness factor increases exponentially as I'm all in with them until Dena does a Dena and craps on Kayla again.

Good for you, HAPPYTOBEHERE.  I'm considering trying to go spoiler-free for a while and see if that changes my enjoyment of the show. But on the other hand I like to know in advance when anything stupid is coming up like, AND THIS IS NOT A SPOILER, if Dena decides to somehow resurrect Nicole's heartless soul-mate. 

2 hours ago, buffynut said:

Good for you, HAPPYTOBEHERE.  I'm considering trying to go spoiler-free for a while and see if that changes my enjoyment of the show. But on the other hand I like to know in advance when anything stupid is coming up like, AND THIS IS NOT A SPOILER, if Dena decides to somehow resurrect Nicole's heartless soul-mate. 

Ugh! And we all know that COULD happen. Jack died, donated all his usable organs ..and still came back. And that was for an actor that wasn't as beloved by TPTB. 

Edited by neuromom
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, MsTree said:

Forgetting Kristian's height, for a moment I actually thought she was supposed be Cher!

Well, I'm quite certain Hope is wishing she could turn back time! (I'm so sorry.)

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Sandman said:

Well, I'm quite certain Hope is wishing she could turn back time! (I'm so sorry.)

Don't be sorry.....but you have to choose.  Gypsy, Tramp, or Thief, which is it?

We won't judge.....

• Love 2

Rather enjoying today's episode....lots of strands coming together...

Nice to see that female prosecutor back again for the first time since Kristen was charged with raping Eric.

Julie's little meltdown was laughably bad. I thought the actress would be able to deliver a little bit better than that after all of her years in the business. CRA wasn't much better but at least she has the excuse of being young.

I'm very frustrated with how this show makes all of its female characters so completely incapable of handling their s***. Marlena and Kayla have been dealing with this Orpheus mess for weeks now and couldn't think of anything to do while held captive? Similarly, hope has had months to think over how she would handle the truth coming out and her only move is to just confess? All of this of course leave it to the boys - John Steve and Rafe - to save the day and be the heroes. This show is mired down in 1950 is gender politics.

I did very much enjoy seeing so much of the cast in the episode. I was hoping they could have squeezed in some scenes with Abe and Theo and Claire, since they went back to the hospital, but I guess there just wasn't room.

Why is it the only time I really enjoy Adrianne and Lucas is when they are in costume? I liked them as Mr. And Mrs. Claus last December and I liked them today as the Knight and Princess. I think they should just always do cosplay...or at least until their relationship is over!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

He faked out Clyde to help Chad. Adrianne and Lucas played along....so she has some reason to think he's improved (though it still sounded completely naive and irrelevant to Hope confessing to murder).

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm very frustrated with how this show makes all of its female characters so completely incapable of handling their s***. Marlena and Kayla have been dealing with this Orpheus mess for weeks now and couldn't think of anything to do while held captive? Similarly, hope has had months to think over how she would handle the truth coming out and her only move is to just confess? All of this of course leave it to the boys - John Steve and Rafe - to save the day and be the heroes. This show is mired down in 1950 is gender politics.

This is typical Dena. Her abysmal writing is always filled with misogyny. She is the absolute worst...

• Love 7

Wow, Arianna actually speaks!

God, that "I killed Stefano" on an endless loop was annoying as hell.

Gabi looked great in her costume.

Why were they having a decorating party on Halloween night?  Shouldn't they have been decorating leading up to the day?

Who was that guy suggesting they adjourn to the police station?  Acting mayor?

Geez, Gabi, make up your mind whether you want to be with Chad or JJ.

"Raines assures me that Roman is taking this seriously."  Uh, it's his sister and his ex wife, I HOPE he's taking it seriously.

Jeez, why can't any of these women do things for themselves without their men having to save them?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Jeez, why can't any of these women do things for themselves without their men having to save them?

At least Kayla and Marlena tried to show their own agency by saving themselves.  Orpheus just ended up informing them that the ropes binding them were tighter than they'd expected.

Edited by Michel
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

If I wanted to become an alcoholic, I'd start drinking every time one of them said "hero."  That exchange between Steve and Kayla last week where she was going on about how he was always her hero, and he said, "I couldn't have done all those things without you by my side" laid out pretty explicitly how the show sees men and women right now.  It's so backwards... but there seems to be some appetite for that in America right now, so maybe Days has its finger on the pulse of the audience.

• Love 2

I never thought I'd see the day when I would root for Andre over Hope.  Sadly, I am completely over her as a character and would like nothing better for Hope, Rafe and Fauxman to locked away for the way, way, way distant future.

Once again, the show's ridiculous shooting schedule is going to bite them.  They rushed to recast Abigail, when I thought the character needed as lengthy break and now we have Gabbi and Chad really working together, so we know Abigail will return and that pairing will be shoved down our throats ala Hope and Rafe.  Gabbi will sadly be reduced to easing back on down Petulant JJ road.

Clearly the show is going to give us Justin and Adrienne again, which I have no problem with, as I like the pairing.  However, I love Lucas (a feeling clearly not shared by TPTB on the show) and hate for him to be crapped on again.  So I would rather the Lucas and Adrienne break come sooner rather than later because I don't want him hurt anymore than need be.

Love me some Steve, Kayla, John and Marlena but -- TEAM ORPHEUS all the way!

• Love 9