Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Oh, as much as I find this Ben vapid, at least I don't feel like Abigail is taking advantage of an intellectually challenged individual, when I see her making out with him. 

I don't think the other Ben was on long enough for me to be able to tell if he could act, but face-wise I think the other one had a more vulnerable face and softer demeanour that might have resonated well as the cuckolded boyfriend. Something about him seemed ....puppy-like? despite being tall and equally handsome to the current version of Ben.  I don't know if he would have been good in any other storylines, but for this particular one, I  think he had a certain look to him that I feel  would have intensified for the audience the hurt and pain of being betrayed. This version of Ben looks like he could bounce back quickly (I figure he'll get picked up in the gym quickly enough, probably by Paul), so I think it's harder to feel the stakes for him of having one pulled over on him by Abigail.

Maybe the other Ben also looked more like a "good guy" to me, whereas this Ben doesn't strike as someone anybody's mother would be extremely excited to meet. So when Abigail is going on about how her family probably prefers Ben, I don't get it. In fact, I think this version of Ben, because he's the son of Clyde, could just as easily be viewed as a bad boy, but for some reason I'm supposed to buy that he's someone who is on par with a heart surgeon that everybody wants their daughter to bring home for dinner. Abigail's reasoning is perplexing to me.

With Emilio, despite his mullet which didn't match his motorcycle, I could  see why people thought he was a better "safe" choice than suited-up Jack, since the latter was the son of a serial killer congressman. But how is Clyde any different from Stephano? That's another inexplicable part of this storyline to me. How are Ben's and Chad's backgrounds radically different?  They don't seem to be. That's another hole in this storyline I feel the writers haven't adequately filled. In my house, Ben would probably be considered as much of a bad boy as Chad. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Bantering, I think you're right about Ben. Logically speaking, HE should be the one everyone is hesitant about "good girl" Abigail dating. He's a criminal drifter who has changed his name multiple times and is still under investigation in certain places. Who wants their daughter going out with someone like that? He's been a criminal longer than Chad has been a DiMera!

• Love 2

You know Jar Jar can cheat all she wants because that's all the character is good for anyway. Writers can't write nothing else for her besides being a damn judgmental slut. I mean damn has what she done to Carrie and Sami mean nothing to her, not to mention Chad and Cameron? She's such a sociopath. She has problems. It's not like she's cheating on someone I care about or ruining a male character I like.

It's not like she's with T, Rory, or Sonny, she can't ruin them with her stankness. If only she was with Victor, he would easily put her in her place. 

• Love 5

That's true and he's married to a Sneasel and before that was with a Sparkle, has a Shrew for a mother and a Dick for a father. Sonny does have questionable choices and surrounded by jackasses. No wonder he hightails it out of Salem. 

• Love 5

That's true and he's married to a Sneasel and before that was with a Sparkle, has a Shrew for a mother and a Dick for a father. Sonny does have questionable choices and surrounded by jackasses. No wonder he hightails it out of Salem. 

You write it like music, Shadow!

• Love 1

I will never understand why writers insist on sacrificing interesting characters to prop up other characters having them go on and on about how great so and so is when the character is not wonderful at all.

• Love 5

Okay guys, I can see that things aren't going well so I'm posting a Scandal Crest reminder for you (I couldn't find the media thread) enjoy Eric Martsolf, Freddie and Molly at their funniest. 

• Love 2

Ken Corday and the idiot writers are trying to recreate EJ/Sami with Chad and the pathetic side piece

Dream on. KM is no AS and Failure is no Sami. AS/Sami had been on for many years, paid her dues, put up with SHIT and carried heavy story (baby switch, paternity lies, rapes, being death row and execution, attempted murder, murder in self defense, ect).

Not only that, Sami was a character that showed vulnerablity, was allowed to fall on her face, had some charm and likability and everywoman quality due to her portrayer, could be a jerk but didn't have the entire town singing her praises about her awesome personality and looks every day. There's no comparison imho.

The reason I think many viewers were invested in Ejami (I personally feel EJ was a piece of shit but enjoyed some of their scenes) was because of the long journey of Sami and wanting to know what would happen to this scrappy schemer who had been fucked over a lot. Also that viewers basically saw Ali Sweeney grow up and the actress is very unassuming and down to earth. This is not completely bashing KM - its saying her character didn't go through the same or have the same writing so I personally don't give a damn about her and the character is a shitty sanctimonious person who hasn't been on as long or had the same material. However, KM compounds all of this and makes it much worse by her weird acting choices and the basic fact the character is a shitty sanctimonious preachy side piece who is obsessed with cheating and slapping people.

• Love 8

The very things that made AS/Sami so popular is what is lacking in so many of the current characters on canvas.  It seems Ken Corday and the idiot writers still haven't figured out you can't force the fans to like characters.  AS/Sami had more than one popular pairing.  There are people who still want Sami to reunite with Lucas, Rafe, Brandon, or EJ.  There are some people that even liked her with Austin.  She also had SLs that had nothing to do with being in a romantic relationship.  I find it amusing that the writers are scrambling to find new rivals for Kate and Nicole to spar with, and failing miserably.

• Love 2

Three things. First of all, I shouldn't have my blood pressure checked on any day that Will and Sonny have interacted, because I'd be put on medication for sure. This latest thing with Will, outraged (!), demanding to know how long Sonny will keep bringing up his infidelity?? I mean, in Salem time it's been like two weeks, right? Plus I just wanted Sonny to say, "I'll keep bringing it up until you show some remorse that isn't immediately followed by the word 'But....' and a shitty, nonsensical, off-the-wall excuse!" Totally ridiculous. Will isn't the slightest bit interested in repairing his relationship with Sonny. He can't see past his own jealousy and, if what he said about Paul's sparkly eyes is anything to go by, his desire for Paul.

Second thing. I thoroughly enjoyed the garden scene between Chad and Abigail. I don't really groove on her character, although I am not quite to the point of many posters here, but I thought Chad was really sexy in that scene. He does the bad boy/tortured soul and calling Abigail out really well. She does the woman in denial thing less well. I wish he was with someone better, but as long as I can see him acting like that, I'm all right.

Last thing. I'm starting to wonder if one of the weird things about Abigail is her eyes. It really looks to me like on the show KM is wearing those contacts that make her irises look bigger? I've seen like drag queens and youtube makeup people wear those, and they are always a little disconcerting -- less so when I figure out that is why I am disconcerted. I swear it looked like it on Wednesday in some of the closeups, so I did an image search on google and when she is at media events, KM looks less weird. I wonder if that is why?

• Love 3
(edited)

This show is starting to make me so damn stabby. I didn't even get around to watching any of this week's shows until last night and felt like I half paid attention or whizzed on by a lot of it. I couldn't even get through all of Wednesday's show because I found something more compelling to watch - the inside of my eyelids because I fell asleep. Should I even bother? What is exhausting me is all the weird ass thought processes on the show. The show is just filled with so many illogical people with self perpetuating problems.  Half the people think the problems they created are the fault of someone else. Others are so stupid you wonder how they managed to not be dead by now. Brady should have drowned long ago in a rain storm because he left his mouth open.  Then they choice one person to be omniscient (for no good reason) which brings me to Dan.

Gawd my hate is deeper than space for this character. We all know Xander is bad but for Dan to stand around and say that he spent a summer with Xander and he was a bad guy and there is no way that he made a turnaround to become some good person running a charity? Um, your daughter managed to do that and in fact admitted as much doing her farewell tour. What an ass! What a horrible way to think.  I got no problem with Dan coming to the conclusion that Xander is not a good person but this reasoning chaps my ass. And all this because Xander dared to talk to Nicole, a woman he was treating like shit under his shoes and had broken up with at the time. I guess he didn't want anyone messing with his favorite chew toy. 

Oh Abby, Abby, Abby, Abby. Where is old school SNL Dan Aykroyd when you need him? Jane, you ignorant ......!!!

It was so ridiculous when Abby was trying to wax poetic with Kayla about falling in love with the wrong person while Kayla tried to get her tongue closer to the hole listing all these wonderful qualities that Abby has, which must be on the soles of her feet because I sure can't see 'em. The issue isn't even falling in love with Chad, but hell if you are break the hell up with Ben before you go over and bust it wide open for Chad in your typical amoral horny swamp rat fashion. It isn't like this is some complicated relationship. You aren't married to Ben. You don't have kids with him. You don't even live with his ass. You are both still young and even in soap time - has it even been a year? And so what if it has been? Tell him you need space, break up and then do what you do - jump on Dimera peen like it was the last on earth in a supply closet. Or is it that it wouldn't be as sweet and intoxicating if someone's significant other isn't getting cheated on? Does she need some element of total & complete wrongness to it? 

Note to Chad - Zoe is a total upgrade. Learn to love yourself Chad.

Why do the backs of Mel's clothes always look like they have been mauled by a bear? Or is Maggie just sad to see her go?

Mel's good-bye tour was ridiculous. With that I have to say I am officially over how the show utilizes Maxine. She is for serious now giving me Viola Davis in The Help vibes with her ass kissing of Mel: "You is kind, you is smart, you is important." Just frigging stop it show!!! Just stawwwpppp! Give the woman a life and existence outside of being a Jonas pimp or just let her be complete background. I can't with that mess anymore. I would hardly call Days the most progressive when it comes to people of color on soaps (Y&R does a better job or used to although I haven't watched since Victoria Rowell left) but they have been better than this. Such a shame given the recent casting of Paul and a Hispanic actor like A Martinez  (gently steps off soap box)

Sonny must be a saint. I don't know how he can be so close to the kitchen which has all types of knives and other sharp objects and not stab Will after Will uttered that 'how long you gonna hold my cheating over my head' mess. Then going on to say that the bigger problem wasn't his cheating but  Sonny having a first love and fiance that was the problem. This bitch!! I would've been waiting to post bail for murder charges at most, felony assault and battery at least if I was Sonny. Will is just unbelievable. What gall! What bladder!! I don't even see how Sonny can even be in the same room with him.

Serena might want to check Eric's back for whip marks. He must self-flagellate after sex. He is so uptight and ridiculous. 

The Eric/Theresa thing - such an antiquated soap story and I hate it. Just too stupid a thought process in this day and age. I would have rather Theresa just tried to get max child support and $$ like a typical chickenhead that got knocked up by an athlete or star than this dumb shit of wanting some love match/in tact family. Girl bye.

The Kim Victor flashbacks were nice however, having Kim back was a waste if it didn't even give an inkling as to why she and Theresa have such a contentious relationship. Her return was just basically leverage (move back to LA) for Theresa to use against Brady. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 10
(edited)

I went to her FB page once hoping to see some snark and it was all about how she's drop dead gorgeous and pics from her fabulous vacations.  And the ugly frowny faces young girls do now.  I hope she doesn't vote.

The entire reason the reveal was in Jenn's house is so the camera could jarringly shoot back to feature Failure.  I really don't get this.  I know there are people who keep track of how many episodes they appear on and cripes I'll bet she has a pretty entitled salary.  I've been known to clap out loud ten minutes into the show on the rare day I'm assured there will be no Jar Jar.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 3
(edited)

I think most people on here at anti-Abigail because she gets propped to the heavens and she has never suffered consequences for her actions..I think what she did to Austin was far more reprehensible than her sleazy affair with EJ. I liked Abigail when she was Chelsea's sidekick and who was always bemused by her antics. She seemed like a level-headed girl and likable.This current version of Abigail seems like a narcissistic sociopath. They should have made her embrace her Johnson genes and make her  a vixen. If Sami who is a Brady can be a vixen, why couldn't she? Plus, it ticks me off that she got the upper-hand over Sami. Sami who was once praised by Stefano Dimera and Vivian Alamain for her ingenuity. Sami should have crushed her like a bug for touching EJ. This show have their designated favorites like Daniel, Melanie, Abigail and Sparkle. People are sacrificed at their altar and that saddens me as a fan of this show...

James E. Reilly may not have always been the best headwriter for the show, particularly during his second run. However, he always knew what the fans wanted and wrote accordingly.. I did not always like his repetitive dialogues or a day in Salem that lasted for weeks or months on end, but, I always knew that the payoff was going to be outstanding....I miss that about the show, knowing that the characters  and the audience would be rewarded at the end of a storyline...I can't remember the last time that I enjoyed a storyline from start to finish....Wilson started out strong and I loved their wedding, but look at where they are right now...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

James E. Reilly may not have always been the best headwriter for the show, particularly during his second run. However, he always knew what the fans wanted and wrote accordingly.

Actually, wrong on both counts.  He kept couples apart for far too long, and he gave an interview saying that he didn't care about what the fans wanted.  Either that, or an actor who'd talked to him gave an interview revealing that.  But no, he never cared about what the fans wanted.

• Love 1
(edited)

Actually, wrong on both counts.  He kept couples apart for far too long, and he gave an interview saying that he didn't care about what the fans wanted.  Either that, or an actor who'd talked to him gave an interview revealing that.  But no, he never cared about what the fans wanted.

You are right  Donny Ketchum, about him keeping the couples apart for too long. I was happy with the way that he exposed Sami's lies and the punch heard around the world delivered to Sami by Carrie, when she exposed Will's paternity. I loved Aremid, Maison Blanche, The John/Marlena/ Roman affair, the secret room, Kristen's descent into evil, Marlena's possession by the devil. I think that was all under him...I did not like what he did to Jack and Victor. He hated John Aniston and Matthew Ashford and he marginalized them...I was never bored under him and he kept me engaged and frustrated at times.. He was never as bad as Tomsell...They are a hack....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

You are right  Donny Ketchum, about him keeping the couples apart for too long. I was happy with the way that he exposed Sami's lies and the punch heard around the world delivered to Sami by Carrie, when she exposed Will's paternity. I loved Aremid, Maison Blanche, The John/Marlena/ Roman affair, the secret room, Kristen's descent into evil, Marlena's possession by the devil. I think that was all under him...I did not like what he did to Jack and Victor. He hated John Aniston and Matthew Ashford and he marginalized them...I was never bored under him and he kept me engaged and frustrated at times.. He was never as bad as Tomsell...They are a hack....

I wasn't a Reilly fan.  The only stories of his that I liked were Buried Alive and Kristen/Susan.  Of course I started watching during the Bill Bell era on Days.  Strong, intricate character based writing.  I truly never liked the over the top action adventure stuff of the 80's and 90's.

I liked Abigail at first but I've grown very bored with her.  I don't see her and Ben, or her and Chad as love stories. In fact I'm more interested in Stefano's interest in Abigail, and Clyde's reaction to Abby cheating on Ben.

• Love 2

I already know there will be no consequences for certain characters because they are Ken Corday's favorites.  That's just one of the reasons why they are so boring.

The writers have been undermining Sami since EJ showed up in Salem.  I hate that Sami's exit SL was ruined to put her back with sleazy psycho EJ who could never get anything accomplished without Daddy Stefano's help.

• Love 1

I wasn't a Reilly fan.  The only stories of his that I liked were Buried Alive and Kristen/Susan.  Of course I started watching during the Bill Bell era on Days.  Strong, intricate character based writing.  I truly never liked the over the top action adventure stuff of the 80's and 90's.

I liked Abigail at first but I've grown very bored with her.  I don't see her and Ben, or her and Chad as love stories. In fact I'm more interested in Stefano's interest in Abigail, and Clyde's reaction to Abby cheating on Ben.

Hopefully Mr. Rapey hires Jeremiah a.k.a Rapey Jr. to kidnap Jar Jar put her in a spaceship and send her skyrocketing back to her home planet of Sluto. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I wish  that Ashley Benson can come back as Abigail....She was awesome as Jack and Jennifer's daughter..I hope Chelsea and Billie come back for the 50th anniversary...I hated Chelsea at first for killing Zack. I grew to love her because of her relationships with Stefanie, Abigail, Billie, Kate Nick, and Kate. I loved Julie Pinson as Billie, she was the best Billie. She was a great actress and very stunning. she was wasted on the show. They always used her as a spoiler and she was more than that..I want Billie, Stefanie,Chelsea, Philip, Jack, Austin, Carrie and their baby to come back to the show for a limited  run...I wonder if  there are going to be some cast cuts coming on the horizon.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
(edited)

Oh Abby, Abby, Abby, Abby. Where is old school SNL Dan Aykroyd when you need him? Jane, you ignorant ......!!!

It was so ridiculous when Abby was trying to wax poetic with Kayla about falling in love with the wrong person while Kayla tried to get her tongue closer to the hole listing all these wonderful qualities that Abby has, which must be on the soles of her feet because I sure can't see 'em. The issue isn't even falling in love with Chad, but hell if you are break the hell up with Ben before you go over and bust it wide open for Chad in your typical amoral horny swamp rat fashion. It isn't like this is some complicated relationship. You aren't married to Ben. You don't have kids with him. You don't even live with his ass. You are both still young and even in soap time - has it even been a year? And so what if it has been? Tell him you need space, break up and then do what you do - jump on Dimera peen like it was the last on earth in a supply closet. Or is it that it wouldn't be as sweet and intoxicating if someone's significant other isn't getting cheated on? Does she need some element of total & complete wrongness to it? 

Yeah, there's something a little too pre-meditated about the way Abby is going about cheating on Ben. It's not like she and Chad are stuck in a power outage under a pile of rubble where they think they're going to die and must have sex right there and then . She could easily dump Ben (heck, even by text -- modern technology facilitates fast break-ups these days! yeah, I know this is the rude way of dumping someone but since Abigail has difficulty waiting for things...). She can  then head to Chad's house after the 5 minute break-up has taken place. But no, she must do things the unnecessarily hard way.

Maybe she gets off on hurting somebody, in this case, Ben. 

I wonder if she'll even tell Ben she cheated on him. I can picture her being okay with having sex with both men (at different times, of course) and then flash backing multiple times while sitting with her iPad in the coffee shop to which sex was better that day for her.  T will then have to ask her what's wrong and she'll say she can't say anything except "What's wrong with me?". To which, T will be secretly saying to himself, "Everything!" Then she'll continue flash backing  like it's another day at the office for her.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

She doesn't even care about hurting Ben whom she claims to love.  She's so sick I can only be interested in her with Clyde right now. Or Dingy so they'd judge each other to the end of time.  Speaking of Dingy I'm behind but did he say he LOVED Nicole which made me spit my coffee.

• Love 1

Poor Ben (see Jar Jar is so repulsive I can't even call Ben, Mannequin right now. See how she makes me root for people I don't like,) because everytime he has sex with that thing, she flashes back to having sex or convo with a DiMera. That's really not fair to him at all. After she goes all open sesame to Chad and goes back to having sex with Ben she'll flash back to the sex she had with Chad. I don't even like Ben but he doesn't deserve this since he genuinely loves Jar Jar for some reason. Ben can do better he can get with Paige, Daphne, Eve, Anne, Kate, Kayla, hell even Sonny or Sparkles take your pick, anyone is an upgrade from Jar Jar with the exception of Jacosta and Dark Roast.

• Love 7

I wish Sami's return would involve her getting to say I told you so to so many people, and she would get to tell Slappy she doesn't have time to waste on her whining.  Jar Jar enjoyed hurting Sami, and she was furious when she realized she was nothing more than an easy lay.  The boring twit thinks she is superior to everyone including Sami and Chad when in reality she is a low life sleaze just like EJ.

• Love 4
(edited)

I just remembered that the side piece thought EJ was a good person as long as she had access to his dick.  Then he turned into a monster when he weaned her.

But the side piece will  never be treated like the trash she is.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 3

Ken Corday's plan to launch his latest favorite at Sami's expense failed in everyway.  The couple people ended up rooting for in that SL was Kate/Sami.  They got best story and best couple of the year.  For years, AS and LK had been asking to have a SL where Sami and Kate teamed up again, and they were proved right.  They understand their characters way better than Ken Corday and the writers do.

• Love 7
(edited)

Can somebody explain it to me like I am Brady, why Daniel the sainted doctor is so beloved by the idiots who run the show..It is truly sickening....

Victor shows more love to Daniel than to Philip his only son. He did not feel bad when Philip lost his son to Daniel....I need Higley to fix that..Parker is Philip's period....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think most people on here at anti-Abigail because she gets propped to the heavens and she has never suffered consequences for her actions..I think what she did to Austin was far more reprehensible than her sleazy affair with EJ. I liked Abigail when she was Chelsea's sidekick and who was always bemused by her antics. She seemed like a level-headed girl and likable.This current version of Abigail seems like a narcissistic sociopath. They should have made her embrace her Johnson genes and make her  a vixen. If Sami who is a Brady can be a vixen, why couldn't she? Plus, it ticks me off that she got the upper-hand over Sami. Sami who was once praised by Stefano Dimera and Vivian Alamain for her ingenuity. Sami should have crushed her like a bug for touching EJ. This show have their designated favorites like Daniel, Melanie, Abigail and Sparkle. People are sacrificed at their altar and that saddens me as a fan of this show...

I don't even understand why Abby was so stuck on people judging her on Wednesday's episode. When has she ever been judged? Harshly or otherwise? Her family, hell all of Salem, always rallies around her no questions asked and declares her innocence before seeming to get all the facts. Hell, her family pretty much jumped to the conclusion that EJ must've raped Abby before settling for just saying EJ seduced poor gullible Abby. Abby seems to have settled on this version of events too given what she has told Ben earlier this year.

The only people who have been angry and judged her are the ones that were the most negatively effected by her cheating ways - wives/fiancee's of the men she got down and dirty with. So it makes it seem as if she basically wants no repercussions and wants to do whatever the hell she wants without anyone saying jack to her no matter how she has wronged them. It makes her look like even more of a sociopath. Meanwhile, she struts around town judging folks left and right and even on occasion giving people the taste of the palm of her hand when her Horton slapping hand gets to itching. I still get livid when I think of her having the gall to slap Sami. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 6

I was kind of surprised by how anti-climatic the sex scene between Abigail and Chad was. Maybe I was expecting THE FACE and it didn't happen? Maybe the French Open shouldn't have interrupted and left us hanging? Maybe the show had no element of surprise with Abigail doing this? (the way there was with EJ). So many questions...

• Love 2
(edited)

I thought the acting today with Xander was great - he expressed a lot of subtle emotion in his scene with Victor, which then escalated to the silent scream (which I don't think I've ever seen done convincingly before) and finally to the rage in the park. He was great and should be proud of his work there, IMO.

OTOH, Eric was laughable, squinching up his face and demanding - nay, ORDERING - Serena to tell him the truth. Of course, if he was trying to convey what a whiny 6-year-old looks like then he did great.

That dress on Serena - what on earth. It gives her one of the worst cases of uniboob I've ever seen. It's like compression sports bra times 100 uniboob, or at least it looks that way. It might be that the curved lines of the dress are making it appear worse?

Edited by micat
  • Love 5
(edited)

Xander was so damn hot when enraged today...The show does not know how to capitalize on their gems..He is about to be thrown under the bus for Daniel...Xander should have been Alex Kiriakis..What was Ken Corday thinking in  not doing that...They should be ashamed of themselves that they are letting Freddie Smith go without a fight..They should have offered him a sweet deal to stay...Sonny could have been so dynamic as a grey character. He is a Johnson/Kiriakis for crying out loud....He has been reduced to a passive, weak, foolish man easily manipulated by sneasel and sparkle...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

6/8/2015 Recap :)

Eric/Serena/Xander

Eric says they can't go away as he's not putting up with lies and wants to know what happened in Africa and why she's working with Xander. Eric wants Serena to explain all of it now or he's walking out of the door. Eric says it's her last chance and wants to know which Eric figures they had an affair and figured Serena hated him and she never brought it up. Eric wants to know what she's hiding and why Xander would send the picture which Serena flashes back to obtaining the diamonds and Xander almost breaking her arm and threatening her. Serena says Eric doesn't understand and Eric says that's why he's ordering her to tell him. Serena says she doesn't know why Xander sent the photos and Eric storms out. Serena says to herself that she had to protect him.

Serena flashes back to Xander choking and throwing her on the bed and Serena says Xander is insane and need to figure out a way to neutralize him. She sits on the floor staring at the photo, stands up, grabs her cell phone and calls Xander who answers. Serena says Xander ruined everything as Eric knows everything. Serena mentions the photo and Xander asks if Serena told him about the diamonds which Serena denies and Xander says she better not or Eric won't be breathing again. Xander wants to know what the problem is and Serena says Xander ruined his life. Xander says that the only person who ruined Serena's life is her and she did it a long time ago.

Serena wants Eric to go away with her. There's a knock and it's Eric and Serena says she was gonna text him. Eric wants to know what she'll say but she doesn't have to explain as he knows everything. Eric says he knows about the elephant statue and points out the elephant in the Xander/Serena photo and wants to know what was inside the statue and how she came to Salem to pretend to fall in love with him. He wants to know what was in there. Serena says she came to Salem for her job and if Eric and her can restart. Eric says she's lying and that Xander knew what was inside the compartment and Eric wants Serena to tell him what was inside. 

Serena takes the photo and says Eric has to believe her and that she didn't know about the compartment. Eric calls bull and Serena wants Eric to let it go. Eric wants to know what's inside which Serena doesn't answer. Eric says that whatever is in the statue is more important than him and storms out. 

Dan/Parker/Eric

Dan sees the compartment which Parker says it's broken but Dan says he'll fix it but wonders about why there is a secret compartment. dan puts the elephant on the table and when he gets back he will drop Parker off at his grandma's house and then he'll fix it. Dan asks Parker if he packed all his things Dan picks up Parker and leaves the house. They're walking in The Square and Dan is talking about swimming safety until Eric walks through but Dan says he would love to chat but has to drop Parker off at Maggie. Parker whispers in Dan's ear which Dan says that Parker is upset about the broken elephant. Eric says it's no great loss after flashing back to the photo of Serena and Xander. Dan asks about the secret compartment which Eric doesn't know what Dan is talking about. 

Eric doesn't know about the compartment and didn't notice it. Eric asks if anything was hidden inside and Dan says no. Dan has to take Parker to Maggie. Eric figures Serena had the elephant replaced. Eric is sitting at The Square flashing back to when Serena was obsessing over the elephant with always wanting to go to his house, not seeing it in his collection, giving it away, and Eric giving the elephant to Dan. Eric says something was in the compartment and flashes back to the photo of Serena and Xander and walks off. 

Nicole/Sally/Dan

Nicole in her office still researching Alexandros Cook/Kiriakis and serving time for murder which she calls pay dirt until her computer crashes and won't turn back on. Nicole isn't having luck getting past the firewall with nothing working. Nicole says stress isn't her friend and talks about Scotland and a link and just starts over her search. She's able to get back in and looks up Alexandros Kiriakis and types in murder and Scotland and can't read anything as all the files are sealed. Nicole thinks Xander killed someone while in Scotland. Nicole is scared by Sally her co-worker who enters her office.

Nicole and Sally talk about a past story that Nicole written and how Nicole needs to meet an informant. Nicole sends Sally to find out where and when. Sally returns with the place and tells Nicole to have fun and leaves the office. Nicole grabs her purse and leaves her office. Nicole arrives at the park and nobody is there, Nicole says she's gonna give him 5 minutes to show, then changes it to 2 minutes. She turns around to see Dan standing there. Nicole wants to know what Dan is doing there and figures out Dan is the informant and made the ruse. Dan wants to know what's going on which Nicole says she can't and she'll explain in a couple of days which Dan says not good enough. He tells Nicole to talk to him as he's sick of Nicole avoiding the issue about Xander.

Nicole says she's busy and Eric says she's too busy to be honest with him. Dan calls Nicole a sucker for a secret and Dan isn't and wants 5 minutes which Nicole refuses and says she'll tell him in a few days. Dan says that he's giving her every chance to come clean and this is it as he's done and Nicole tells him to stop and why things are black and white with him. Nicole asks when Parker is leaving with Chloe, which Dan gives an answer that I can't remember lol. Nicole says that she'll tell him when Parker leaves and that she has to get all the facts. Dan asks if something is wrong as Nicole is looking around. Nicole says she doesn't want to be seen in public with Dan and thinks she's being followed. Nicole tells Dan to trust and by that she kisses him. 

Dan says he's gonna hold Nicole to that and wants her to understand how much he loves her. They kiss as Xander looks on. 

Victor/Xander

Vic says he can make and break Xander which Xander tries to explain but Vic doesn't want to hear it and tells Xander he's out. Xander says Vic means a lot to him and Vic says if it wasn't for him he would still be in prison. Vic talks about Xander's name change and Xander says he's been doing everything that Vic asked him. Vic says Xander disobeyed him which Xander calls a mistake but Vic says Xander lied to him and Dan. Xander wants another chance but he has a question for Vic which is, why does he give Dan, Brady, and Sonny leeway and Dan isn't a Kiriakis, yet he makes one mistake and he can feel Vic's anger. Xander promises he won't go near Nicole again. Vic says he won't repeat himself for a third time and tells Xander that he's out and to leave. Vic also tells Xander to finish his business and give him his cut and leave Salem. Xander storms out and outside of the house Xander does a silent scream and is clearly pissed.

Xander

Xander angrily kicks a trash can over in the park and says Vic will not get rid of him and mimics how Vic will bend over and do anything for Dan. He says he's Kiriakis blood and goes where he wants when he wants and if he sees or something or someone he wants he takes what's his and can count on it and knocks the bench over and says son of a bitch. 

Ben/Clyde

Ben meets Clyde at TBD in a booth and they speak about the article and Clyde tells him that he'll hear some things but Clyde wants to tell him first. Ben wants to know what Will is going to say and hope that it isn't a slam piece. Clyde says to not blame Will and how Will went to Poplar Bluffs and he tells Ben that he's made changes in his life regarding his children, drinking, and attitude and how people in Poplar Bluffs still remember him as what he use to be. Ben says it's old news and Will has to know that Clyde has changed. Clyde says if Will is a writer like Kate then Will will put out a fair article. Clyde asks Ben what's wrong and think it has something to do with Abby.

Clyde thought things are going great between them which Ben says they are but Abby can't talk about something with Ben thinks it's about JJ. Clyde talks about JJ's arrest which Ben asks how he knows and Clyde says Kate mentioned it to him. Clyde says people make mistakes and JJ has a set of problems which Ben says Abby is protective of him. Clyde says like Jordan was with Ben and Ben says he wants to be there for Abby but she's closing him out. Clyde says that Abby will come around and asks if it's about Chad. Ben ask why he would think it's about Chad and Clyde says Chad is sniffing around Abby and Ben says he doesn't give a damn about Ben. Ben says that Abby is with him and Clyde says that won't stop Chad. Ben says Abby is around Chad because of Kristen's death. Clyde mentions that DiMera owns Sonix and when he tells Ben to not trust a DiMera he better listen. 

Ben doesn't understand why the DiMeras want the magazine and Clyde says because Stefano doesn't like that Kate is with Clyde. They chit chat some more about Chad and Clyde says there's some way Ben can assure something about Chad (which I didn't catch.) Clyde says that if Ben is serious about Abby he would ask Abby to marry him. Clyde says whatever they need it'll be done. Ben doesn't look sure about it and Clyde asks Ben that Abby may not be sure about marrying him. Ben tells Clyde about asking Abby to move in with him so pushing marriage wouldn't work. Ben says they're taking things slow and they're solid and that Chad isn't going to take her away. Clyde tells Ben to hold on tight to Abby. 

Chad/Abby

Chad talks about them wanting each other, basically everything from Wednesday's show. Abby stops the kiss and runs like hell. Chad picks up the letter and turns around to see Abby just standing there now and walks back up to Chad and kisses him. They start taking off each other's clothes right there in the backyard to where they are all over the backyard furniture. Chad and Abby are sexing on the grass in the backyard. After the sex they breathe heavy and Abby goes to say something but Chad quiets her and kisses her hand which Abby goes in for more kissing. They continue kissing until Abby says she needs to go home and Chad says that's not what Abby wants and that she wants to stay and Chad invites her to stay, which Abby just cuddles her head against Chad's. 

They put their clothes on and Chad says it's perfect. Abby says she has to go but Chad says she doesn't want to leave as what Abby wants is for Chad to take her upstairs and make love to her all night and Chad says that's exactly what he's gonna do and Abby lets Chad pick her up and carry her to the house.

Chad lays Abby on the bed and they begin to have sex again. 

So Dark Roast creates a ruse to meet Nicole, to basically treat her like shit again and demand that she tell him what's going on with Xander like it's any of his fucking business. STFU Dark Roast because you wouldn't tell Nicole about your conversations with Jacosta everytime Nicole caught you on the phone yakking with her. 

This is what's killing me, why are Mr. Rapey and Stephono pushing their sons to be with Jar Jar? It's sickening. Are they trying to get Ben and Chad into the Guinness Book of World Records? Who can keep a Jar Jar the longest is the record they want their sons to achieve or something? I don't understand the fascination of having their sons be with that thing. 

Then Jar Jar just love to have sex on anything but a bed when it comes to DiMera men. I bet Stephono is gonna sex her in the airplane one day, possibly in the cockpit. Also in Italy in the window frame where Kritter Kristen took her one way trip out of. She's sitting there letting Chad tell her what she wants. Red flag red flag right there doofus. Also how the fuck she gonna run out of the backyard then what she says in the middle of her sprint, "oh wait, I need some DiMera Dick so let me turn back around and let Chad see me standing there in my most seductive pose ever." Which her seductive pose was to just stand there with a blank look on her face LMAO.  

I can see why Xander is so pissed off because Victor is showing favoritism towards Dark Roast, Brady, and Sonny and they can make many mistakes and Victor won't tell them to leave Salem. Xander upsets Dark Roast and has to leave Salem. Since Xander was a troubled child you think Vic would want to help him more and make sure he stayed out of trouble but it's apparent that Vic knew all the things Xander did including prison but has no problem getting him out and using Xander to make money for him. That's just cold Victor. I thought Xander was gonna rip Vic's throat out. Shame they wrote Xander to be a woman manhandler because I could have really liked him and his temper. Writers really know how to fuck up a character.

Eric, oh Eric telling Shrewena that you're ordering her to tell you is never a good thing. You don't order someone around. Ugh, he's picking up Dark Roast habits. STFU Eric.

• Love 5
(edited)

Have only been watching this show sporadically, but had to comment on a few observations I made today.

Not a fan of Serena and from what I can tell, Xander is a total psycho (is this Justin and Angelica's child, btw?), but Eric is worse, he just grates.  The part when he told Serena that he orders her to tell him the truth pushed me over.  Excuse me, Orders?  I would tell any man to F-off who ordered me to do something.  But then again, we then see a flash back of Xander grabbing her and pushing her on a bed.  Is this woman a punching bag for the men in this town?  I don't care for her character, but I care less for how them men are treating her.

Eric storms around like a petulant little child about to have a tantrum.  He pouts, he yells and he stomps off.  This was a priest?  This is Sami's twin?  I somehow think Jenson Ackles would have played him a little less tantrum-y if he were still in the role.  Greg Vaughan is cute but his childish acting mannerisms along with his Mr Rogers sweaters and Richie Cunningham hair are all too much.

Don't even get me started on Will.  I just want to smack him whenever he is on.  Is Sonny still there?  How do he and Xander get along?

Why is Clyde still a viable character on this show?  Didn't he rape/molest Jordan when she was a minor?  Was that just swept under a rug like it's OK or something?  How is he still here??!!

Eew, Abby.  Yes Chad is hot and I would want to be all over him, but the "good girl" schtick with Abby has to be done after this.  First, she got a free pass for being with EJ despite his engagement to Sami, but now she is cheating on her boyfriend and she just keeps going at it with Chad despite this.  If she ends up being the "innocent victim" again and everyone bends over backwards for her like they did with EJ, I'll scream.  Jennifer Horton raised some real winners.

Why do I feel like Nicole is constantly jumping through hoops for Daniel.  Why does anybody for him?  She is a journalist, right?  Doesn't she have to keep things confidential?  Why does he feel she needs to tell him everything when sometimes maybe she cant.  That it may not be safe or legal even for her to spill the beans. It would be like her demanding to know about his patients' private medical files.  He'd never do the same for her but always asks her to.

Not much else I can think of for now, just that I want Theresa and Brady to end up together.  I find those two to be a smokin' pair together.  Melanie was boring with him, Theresa makes him more interesting than he is otherwise.  They are quite pretty together too.  I'd just like to see Theresa win occasionally, That's my gal!

Edited by LadyJaney
  • Love 3

I can see why Xander is so pissed off because Victor is showing favoritism towards Dark Roast, Brady, and Sonny and they can make many mistakes and Victor won't tell them to leave Salem. Xander upsets Dark Roast and has to leave Salem. Since Xander was a troubled child you think Vic would want to help him more and make sure he stayed out of trouble but it's apparent that Vic knew all the things Xander did including prison but has no problem getting him out and using Xander to make money for him. That's just cold Victor. I thought Xander was gonna rip Vic's throat out. Shame they wrote Xander to be a woman manhandler because I could have really liked him and his temper. Writers really know how to fuck up a character.

So much yes to the bolded part. Him and Nicole also have wonderful chemistry and looked beautiful together. This another instance of a character acting and thinking illogically. Usually in soaps, Xander would be jealous of Dan and try purposefully to ruin him and take everything he has. Now instead, he completely is in awe of Dan, won't harm a greasy hair on his head but will go after and potentially kill his on again/off again girlfriend? How does any of that make sense? 

• Love 3

Poor Chad.

What a waste of Xander the character and the actor.

OMG, I'm so tired of Daniel and his ultimatums to Nicole.  Nicole has been a pathetic doormat for years now.

I don't care about Serena, the stupid elephant, or the freaking diamonds, but Eric ordering her to do anything is what is so problematic with this show.

Why wouldn't they sweep Clyde's rapist past under the rug?  They have with all the other rapists on the show.

• Love 6
(edited)

Poor Chad.

What a waste of Xander the character and the actor.

OMG, I'm so tired of Daniel and his ultimatums to Nicole.  Nicole has been a pathetic doormat for years now.

I don't care about Serena, the stupid elephant, or the freaking diamonds, but Eric ordering her to do anything is what is so problematic with this show.

Why wouldn't they sweep Clyde's rapist past under the rug?  They have with all the other rapists on the show.

Your post is wonderful Tigerlynx, it makes you wonder what goes on in Ken Corday's puny mind....Xander is so beautiful, that accent, that body....What a waste!  Victor's adoration of everything Daniel is off-putting...Victor has always been about family, his disdain for Xander is so out of character and unnecessary...Daniel ruins everything..There is a long list of characters destroyed in the name of Dan' starting with my beloved Jack....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1