Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Sonny doesn't really seem excited or conflicted (the two usual possibilities you see on a soap) to be caught between two men. Rather, he sort of seems like he's wondering why he's caught between two nutcases. That probably puts a damper on things.

And he's really the one we like. Once he's gone, I don't know what the show can do with Will and Paul.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4
(edited)

They like to give us shocking twists with no substance at all....It is all plot and not character-driven..There is so much that they could have done  with Wilson without involving Paul...Sonny is still a blank slate after all this time..I would love to learn about Sonny's past with his brothers and past lovers..I am sure he had other hot guys other than Paul... I always felt that Will and Sonny should have talked about Will's lack of experience with other men before getting married...If the show really wanted to be innovative, they could have had Sonny give Will the green light to have sex with another man and for that to backfire on Sonny; when Will begins to have feelings for the other man. Here comes Paul ready to comfort Sonny in his time of despair....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Is it bad I spent the whole episode alternating between "STFU JJ," "STFU Jennifer," and "STFU, go home, and take care of your daughter Will"? Ugh, Hortons, interrupting my fun!

Also, at this point, every conversation between Will and Sonny is either reassuring or scolding an embarrassing 5 year old ("stop it, just stop it will")- the show needs to fix their drastic maturity levels difference pronto if they want me to take them seriously.

• Love 3
(edited)

To be fair, Sonny has always been the older man in the relationship  with more life experience than Will...Sonny has always been the caretaker and more dominant in the relationship.. Will  has been conditioned to let others take over for him..Sonny is just continuing what he has always known....Will's immaturity could have been an organic way to explore the Wilson dynamic and have Will grow  and mature as his roles as father  and husband deepens...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
And he's really the one we like. Once he's gone, I don't know what the show can do with Will and Paul.

Will can go somewhere and get his life together and to hell with Sparkle. He can go back to wherever it is he came from.

• Love 2

See my issue isn't Sonny being older or more dominant- that's a dynamic that can work in many relationships. It's not Sonny that's creeping me out- it's the way Will is coming off, as not an adult at all, never mind an adult close in age to Sonny. When he says things like "you don't love me anymore" and "i don't want him around anymore" with  his bottom lip stuck out, I just can't take him seriously as an adult, whereas Sonny and Paul strike me as mid to late 20s, Will is giving me 5-9 years old.

• Love 6
(edited)

See my issue isn't Sonny being older or more dominant- that's a dynamic that can work in many relationships. It's not Sonny that's creeping me out- it's the way Will is coming off, as not an adult at all, never mind an adult close in age to Sonny. When he says things like "you don't love me anymore" and "i don't want him around anymore" with  his bottom lip stuck out, I just can't take him seriously as an adult, whereas Sonny and Paul strike me as mid to late 20s, Will is giving me 5-9 years old.

I see what you mean..Will is 22 on the show and Sonny is late 20's...It could be the way that the actor is portraying him. plus the atrocious writing....All of the characters on the show are a mess...Jennifer is too obsessed with her children's sex lives...,most parents don't even want to know about details like that..Jennifer is all in their business....I am surprise that she does not give JJ a high five, after he bangs Paige...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
(edited)

Will was born in 1995 in the show...I could be wrong...He was 2 when Lucas find out about his paternity...For a time, he was William Reed named after his aunt Billie...My favorite Will was the dark-haired one who looked like Lucas and was smart,  determined, assertive and a schemer in training..I remember him and lucas scheming to get EJ out of their lives...He was so happy when his parents got together. Lumi's green Wedding was awesome and Ali never looked so beautiful, but, I digress..He was everything that I expected Lumi's son to be, than they recasted him a blond, neurotic mess....My apologies to the blondes on the site...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Carrie needs to come back and remind Abby that before her "one mistake" with EJ, she tried to get with Austin.

Unfortunately, it would be two hypocrites meeting at a bar, considering how many time Carrie cheated on Austin.

Will was born in 1995 in the show...I could be wrong...He was 2 when Lucas find out about his paternity...For a time, he was William Reed named after his aunt Billie...My favorite Will was the dark-haired one who looked like Lucas and was smart,  determined, assertive and a schemer in training..I remember him and lucas scheming to get EJ out of their lives...He was so happy when his parents got together...He was everything that I expected Lumi's son to be, than they recasted him a blond neurotic mess....

Hahahaha, he did go bad when he went blond! Mophead, brunette Will was good Will- I wonder where the actor who played him is now.

• Love 4
(edited)

You remember Mophead..I loved him..He was so good and he had great chemistry with Bryan and Ali..I remember fans wanting Will to be the first gay character on Days....We all deduced that he had shot EJ at EJami's black wedding....People called foul and that it was a retcon, but it was not..The writers always intended it to be Will, but it was not going to be revealed until he got older...EJ was really evil at the time.....He and Will hated each other....Will was desperate to keep his family together and  EJ was in the way of that....Will was also instrumental in getting his parents to admit their love for one another, when they were fighting their feelings for each other; after spending years hating and scheming...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

There's nothing more to say about the horror that is Abigail.  Not that I won't think of something.  But for now, this will work.

Abigail, just slappy%202.gif

• Love 11

I think Abifail is far worse than Dan. Dan can be a self righteous asshole but I think a big reason why he's like that is because people constantly come to him for advice or help and put him up on some sort of pedestal. He actually does make valid points at times but then ruins it by acting like a douche. At the very least he's a doctor and apparently a good one so at least he's contributing something positive to the world. He just needs to stop having sex with patients. Abifail on the other hand is completely worthless in every way and has not a single redeeming quality.

• Love 6
(edited)

Abigail is such a hypocrite (she didn't care about what she was doing to Sami), but given Paige's naivete and that she was a virgin (who really wants their first time to happen with the guy who slept with their mother?), I  could see why she was weirded out by Jennifer's decision to go along with the whole thing. I wasn't siding with Abigail's hypocrisy but it did come across as though she was wondering how her mother could be so dumb as to not realize that people could find out (which is what we were all thinking). If Abigail had come to her with the EJ mess, I don't think Jennifer would have covered for her but rather told her to give up EJ, so I can kind of see why Abigail is confused by her mother's thinking to go along with the plan of deceiving Paige.

Abigail will probably use this "trauma" to land Chad back in bed with her though. 

And I do find KM's way of pausing when saying her lines sort of annoying. The way she pauses always makes Abigail seem like she has some kind of agenda going on.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Most of today's episode was pretty good, in line with most of this week, especially surrounding the JJ/Paige/Eve storyline.  

Sometimes, though, it felt like the writing staff must have been playing Pandora while they composed this, with the number of lines they lifted from popular music.

We had JJ saying to Paige, "I can't live if living is without you" aka Nilsson, 

Paige saying to JJ, "You made me love you", aka Judy Garland,

and the truly, truly egregious, when Maxine says to Mel, "You're my hero" aka Bette Midler.  Stealing that line from "The Wind Beneath My Wings is bad enough - but for Show to have MAXINE - a 50ish career nurse, a widow, a single mother of a daughter, for HER to say that to Mel, a woman who apparently can't even figure out how to put on her sweater front to back was insulting.  Time for Show to stop making Maxine so embarrassing and use the talent this actress obviously has to do more than prop those Jonas losers.

We know Mel is on her way out, so maybe Show is trying to ease the pain of losing her by letting her use every single irritating tic she has in her bag of tricks today.  She was eating her hair, twisting herself into knots on the couch, chewing her lip like she was part of that hungry soccer team that crashed in the Andes, and goo-goo=googling those eyes until I thought they'd pop out.

Then Brady falls to his knees, and she puts her hand over her mouth like her lunch is coming back up.  All this crap makes it look like Brady is coming on to a middle-schooler, not  a grown woman.  Buh BYE Mel, come on back when you're a grown up.

Paige was good again today IMO.  I really liked her takedown of JJ.  I like her doing it without too much shouting, I think she's more effective being cold as ice, being remorseless, being logical.  If anything will punish him, will tear away any hope he has, that's the way to do it.  His excuses were so lame, just as Eve's are.  I don't think the writing staff even now has a clue as to the motivation for their affair going on more than that first time.  Frankly, I don't see why there ever had to be more, other than the fun of having Jenn catch them?  

Show could have some good stuff with JJ and the aftermath of all this, if they can step up and be smart about it.  I doubt that will happen, but Casey Moss could carry it off.  Which, of course, probably means it won't happen.  

Stephono is invested in Chad getting together with Abigail but why?  He doesn't give a rats ass who the mother of his offspring are, not really, so it's not as if he thinks she's something AWESOME as the rest of the town does.  I still think this goes back to her pregnancy scare with EJ.

I looked that storyline up on YouTube, and it had two parts to it, one that might explain his interest.  

First, EJ was going to take Abigail to see his doctor and she freaked out, refused, but had a nightmare about it.  In that nightmare, the doctor sedated her and when she woke up I think the implication was that he'd aborted her fetus.

But that was all a dream, didn't happen.

After that, though, she went to her own doctor, a female.  She did the full exam, told Abigail she wasn't pregnant, and Abigail left.  BUT, after she left, the doctor called Stephono and said to him, "It's done".  Stephono thanked the doctor and then said "I'll be in touch".  And that was that. 

We know that any storyline with Abigail having EJ's baby was ditched after JS decided to leave, so what was that all about??  

Today Stephono said Abigail was needed for the family, what does that mean?  I thought maybe Abigail had some sort of magical blood, or cells, or something, that Chad might need - something about Chad's health that Stephono knows about but Chad doesn't.  But if that was the case, I think Stephono would have referenced Chad directly, not just the family.  

So what could Abigail possibly have that the Dimera family needs so badly?  I can't think of anything that slug has that anyone could need.

Which brings us to that creeping horror known as Abigail...

But good dog why doesn't a falling space shuttle toilet seat just kill Failure dead. And she forgot her pants.

So Abgail thought it would be cool - literally, I guess - to attend Paige's party "commando"?    I guess she really needed to feel that wind beneath her wings, so to speak.  Thank Dog that at least she wasn't standing downwind of a fan or everyone else at the party would have been overcome by the fumes.

I think Abifail is far worse than Dan. Dan can be a self righteous asshole but I think a big reason why he's like that is because people constantly come to him for advice or help and put him up on some sort of pedestal. He actually does make valid points at times but then ruins it by acting like a douche. At the very least he's a doctor and apparently a good one so at least he's contributing something positive to the world. He just needs to stop having sex with patients. Abifail on the other hand is completely worthless in every way and has not a single redeeming quality.

I agree with this.  Not that I think Dirty Dan has any qualities good enough to mean he shouldn't be boinked over the head and tossed in the river, or roofied, dressed in drag and shackled to a post in Horton Square for everyone to mock, but yup, he's at LEAST better than Abigail.

We hear constantly that she's AMAZING.  She's SPECIAL.  And other blowhard bullshit.  But what the hell has she ever done to deserve any of those compliments?  She doesn't devote her lives to the needy, she holds a job she got because of her mommy and she hardly works, she's snide and judgemental to everyone, she assaults people on a regular basis, she trumpeted the lockdown on her lady bits as if that wasn't about the least classy thing ever, and now she has the GALL to judge her mother, the woman who has favored her, stood up for her, defended her - always when she didn't deserve it.  But Jenn did it.  

Maybe it's karma for Jenn to be judged by the same worthless trash she's constantly defended, but what's the reason for Abigail to be considered such a prize?  She's done NOTHING to deserve the accolades - NOTHING.

As for Jenn, Eve was right to tell her she was a rotten mother.  Pot, meet Kettle.

• Love 7

Will was born in 1995 in the show...I could be wrong...He was 2 when Lucas find out about his paternity...For a time, he was William Reed named after his aunt Billie...My favorite Will was the dark-haired one who looked like Lucas and was smart,  determined, assertive and a schemer in training..I remember him and lucas scheming to get EJ out of their lives...He was so happy when his parents got together. Lumi's green Wedding was awesome and Ali never looked so beautiful, but, I digress..He was everything that I expected Lumi's son to be, than they recasted him a blond, neurotic mess....My apologies to the blondes on the site...

Will and Gabi were both listed as 20 years old on Ari's birth certificate, and that was almost two years ago, so Will would be either 22 or approaching 22.

Unfortunately, it would be two hypocrites meeting at a bar, considering how many time Carrie cheated on Austin.

Hahahaha, he did go bad when he went blond! Mophead, brunette Will was good Will- I wonder where the actor who played him is now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dylan_Patton

• Love 1
(edited)

Will and Gabi were both listed as 20 years old on Ari's birth certificate, and that was almost two years ago, so Will would be either 22 or approaching 22.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dylan_Patton

Holy crap I don't remember this Will at all, but thank you for searching. I should look for his scenes. Mophead Will for me is Christopher Gearse- I loved that kid!

Edited by chassiecrane
  • Love 4
(edited)

Wind beneath my wings?  I hurt myself laughing from that one, boes. I was actually scared her blouse would ride up.

And here I thought the best quote was telling JJ he buried his sadness in her mother.  EEEWWW.  I guess their first time wasn't all that.

I didn't like Mophead Will.  He was kind of sweet in a young, dorky way but Chandler blew him out of the water. Yes, Will would be about 21 he graduated from college a year ago.  I think of Jackson as being about 25 and Sparkle no older than that.  When he was relating his history it sounds like he went from high school into a couple of years in major league.

I liked the MR/KdP scenes today.  BTW I don't think it's any harder to remember nicknames like Won't and Abifail than to remember all of the actors' initials and nicknames are tons of fun.  We don't use DHer and DHim here but I kinda like those.  Speaking of DHer, the old clips were a pretty decent sendoff for Stephono.  But instead of letting me mourn him being pushed out of a window (jeez, Days, glass didn't stop Kritter from plunging but it's ok to leave two pieces of police tape there?) he's propping the Failure?  Please, please, please no baby Eej. 

Kimber fulfilled all of my expectations of annoyance.  I loved Ann mouthing "wow."  Poor Jeannie T, kicked under the sofa by KdP once again. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 3
(edited)

Wind beneath my wings?  I hurt myself laughing from that one, boes. I was actually scared her blouse would ride up.

And here I thought the best quote was telling JJ he buried his sadness in her mother.  EEEWWW.  I guess their first time wasn't all that.

QuelleC, DOUBLE EWWWWWW!!  Somehow I missed that.  

If Eve hears that one, they'll be cleaning brain fluid off the walls when her head explodes.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 1

Whoops forgot to share my favorite part of this episode:

Terry comes out and says "sonny, someone hacked into the computers" sonny goes to fix it and, as if Will didn't just try to fight Paul 5 seconds ago, leaves the two of them out there with this lovely parting order "keep it down, it's not a locker room"-

why would anyone be hacking tbd? why is sonny not worried? why would sonny leave those kids out there? who the heck thought this was good writing?

• Love 5

Whoops forgot to share my favorite part of this episode:

Terry comes out and says "sonny, someone hacked into the computers" sonny goes to fix it and, as if Will didn't just try to fight Paul 5 seconds ago, leaves the two of them out there with this lovely parting order "keep it down, it's not a locker room"-

I assume that Terry meant that somebody literally hacked a loogy into the computers.  Most likely somebody who passed by Sneasel on the way into TBD.  

I assume that Terry meant that somebody literally hacked a loogy into the computers.  Most likely somebody who passed by Sneasel on the way into TBD.  

lol this show, this show.

it also just occurred to me that Will was ready to fight Paul in front of Sonny's business- not embarrassing at all, Will, sigh. I kind of wish they had started fighting outside, breaking chairs and tables and everything, so Sonny would come out and send them both home with their tails between their legs- DAYS could use a little ratchet.

• Love 1

Yeah, this show.  Won't refuses to go to the hospital because he's embarrassed for being knocked out so he can have reluctant sex with Jackson, and an hour later Jackson spills the embarrassment to Chad then walks away to let Sparkle and Weasel duke it out in the same nipple exposing shirts (stop the Little League shirts.  Please.)  Now that I think about it Sonny probably made the right decision.

• Love 2

I thought the mother/daughter dynamic between Kim and Theresa was well done: I can see how Kim is annoying, but at the same time, Theresa put the absolute worst spin on every word Kim said. The problems clearly aren't all Kim's fault; some of it is her daughter projecting her own insecurities.

Nobody should have to listen to an Abifail lecture. I don't care what they've done, no sin warrants that sort of cruel punishment. And of course Abifail manages to make this all about herself. Good god, Chad, can't you see how Abby's yapping on and on and on about herself and how she thinks and how she feels? Run! Run!! You do not want to chain yourself to this woman.

I was so glad to see the direction for Paige today shift back to the sort of vibe she had going on in the Eve confrontation. TOB does so much better with that, and really was a MVP today. CM, on the other hand...look, he's talented, I know he is. But he's just so lost in this storyline because JJ sleeping with Eve clearly makes no more sense to him than it does to anyone else and he doesn't know what kind of acting choices to make when JJ is talking about how/why he did such a thing, and so he just...doesn't make any. And that results in the bland mutedness that marked pretty much all of his work today. (As well as TOB did today, she had the easier task in that Paige is being written as having a completely logical reaction to the situation in which she finds herself.)

And I was thrilled to hear Paige say something that's rarely verbalized on soaps, that messed-up people tend to play on being messed-up and use it to get themselves sympathy and attention and love and sex, to draw in someone who wants to save them. And Paige had not only realized that, she also realized that she has to save herself. Bravo! Anyway, this sarcastic version of Paige can stay. Also, even though she's currently disowned her mother, she still pointed out how shitty it is that JJ was threatening to send her own mother to jail just to keep from being exposed himself.

• Love 10
(edited)

Holy crap I don't remember this Will at all, but thank you for searching. I should look for his scenes. Mophead Will for me is Christopher Gearse- I loved that kid!

I loved him. That was mophead and he was awesome and he is the one that shot EJ..They should have let him continue into the role....He would have looked too much like Sonny....The first time that I saw Sonny, he was speaking to Lucas and I thought that he was Will....lol 

I wonder how Sonny is going to leave town and Ari..I don't see him leaving her voluntarily..I love seeing Sonny with his little girl...He really is the head of the Wilson family, so responsible and level-headed....Ari is going to miss her daddy Sonny...Will through his family away for nothing...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Yeah, this show.  Won't refuses to go to the hospital because he's embarrassed for being knocked out so he can have reluctant sex with Jackson, and an hour later Jackson spills the embarrassment to Chad then walks away to let Sparkle and Weasel duke it out in the same nipple exposing shirts (stop the Little League shirts.  Please.)  Now that I think about it Sonny probably made the right decision.

You had me all the way up to there- Paul, please continue wearing these baseball size smedium shirts for my viewing pleasure.

To be fair to Paul, no matter what they put him in, he's nipply- he'd need a bulletproof vest to not be. Maybe it's cold on set.....

I'll take nipply Paul over Plaid or Paisely Paul- may he never get lost in Will and Sonny's closet, amen.

• Love 4

I hope that Higley will fix Will and make him normal again and fix Wilson...I know that she is pro-Wilson, it was her idea to pair them up in the first place...The new writers have alot of characters to fix..It is truly a daunting task....She never really got to write for Sonny like she wanted to, before getting fired....

• Love 1

I hope that Higley will fix Will and make him normal again and fix Wilson...I know that she is pro-Wilson, it was her idea to pair them up in the first place...The new writers have alot of characters to fix..It is truly a daunting task....She never really got to write for Sonny like she wanted to, before getting fired....

I will never understand this. She has been fired from this show before. Why do they (whoever they are) think she will do so much better this time around.

At least the Bell shows are pretty locked in,right? Megan McTavish had better be somewhere far far away

• Love 2
(edited)

I will never understand this. She has been fired from this show before. Why do they (whoever they are) think she will do so much better this time around.

At least the Bell shows are pretty locked in,right? Megan McTavish had better be somewhere far far away

I think it is because she has a long history with the show, she was a scriptwriter for years..She also has a co-writer that might balance out her far out ideas with character-driven stories this time...I feel that Sheri Anderson would have been a better fit..She knows the history of the show....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Is there any significance to the club being named TBD? I associate that shorthand to mean "to be determined" or "to be decided". Which is it? or neither

I joked several months back, when Ben was working there, that they should market men's bikini briefs with the TBD logo on it and market it as The Big Dick.

• Love 2

I liked the MR/KdP scenes today.  BTW I don't think it's any harder to remember nicknames like Won't and Abifail than to remember all of the actors' initials and nicknames are tons of fun.  We don't use DHer and DHim here but I kinda like those.

Now that I've learned the nicknames, I agree they are easier to remember than the actor's initials.  Especially when you don't know most of the actor's names.

But, from a not-so-long-ago DOOL returnee, I still find it a lot easier to read, understand and enjoy posts when just the character names are used.  
  • Love 5
(edited)

Maybe GW also thinks of Will as a bit of nutcase and that's why he's playing Will as if he's 5 years old. I think GW is giving a specific motivation to Will, unlike when he first started on the show. But like the rest of us perhaps he also views Will as a bit of a wacko (right now), and consequently these are the acting choices we're getting. In an odd way, I suppose there's a certain upfrontness about that as opposed to seeing like someone like Abigail who confuses the heck out of me as to what her real goal is whenever she's talking to a guy. Still, I find Will's child-like quality weird to watch. 

I think FS infuses Sonny with a certain real-world quality, which I think is a really hard thing to do on a soap. I don't think Sonny is perfect, but I think there's a certain authenticity to him that feels true to life. Sonny really seems like someone you could meet in real life and not run away from. Maybe that's why it's so hard to watch a guy who seems so normal (yet not boring despite being on a soap where you expect people to be over-the-top) be caught between two duds in Will and Paul.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

If Paul and Will get together, I may stop watching..That is just gross and lazy writing..Can't people just be single?  Will has a daughter to raise and figure out his life after he and Sonny get a divorce...That is just gross..Poor Sonny, his exes getting together.....

Jean Passanante has just left Y&R to return to GH as a writer.

• Love 1
(edited)

So I hear Saint Side piece is going to cheat on Ben with Chad. I was wondering how much longer she could live without a dimera dick.

Yes!!!! Now that the JJ and Paige mess is coming to a close, I need something else to keep me going --- laughing at Abigail! Bring it, Abs! The comedy, I mean. This may include your sex bass-face.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 6

Wow! another infidelity story by Tomsell..This must be a record...what is in the water in Salem, better yet, what did Stefano put in it...lol..We all knew that Abifail the sainted side piece was going to ride Chad's pony...lol I hope Ben unlike Sami makes her pay for her proclivities....lol

• Love 1
(edited)

Paige will probably start dating Ben, and then Abigail will want Ben back.

Heck, who knows, maybe even Eve will start dating Ben. Anyway, once Ben finds interest in someone else, Abigail will want him. This is the formula, Ben!

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

So I hear Saint Side piece is going to cheat on Ben with Chad. I was wondering how much longer she could live without a dimera dick.

I can't wait to see what kind of excuses raccoon Jen makes. I hope Chad is at least smart enough to wear a condom.

• Love 1
(edited)

I just hope I don't wind up thinking Chad is ugly after he does it with Abigail.

After EJ did it with Abigail, my crush on JS sort of just died and the spell was broken. I don't know why though. Maybe Abigail's bass sex face traumatized me that much. Somehow her face in that shower managed to accomplish what EJ's  own repugnant personality over the years couldn't seem to do. WTF.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

I just hope I don't wind up thinking Chad is ugly after he does it with Abigail.

After EJ did it with Abigail, my crush on JS sort of just died and the spell was broken. I don't know why though. Maybe Abigail's bass sex face traumatized me that much. Somehow her face in that shower managed to accomplish what EJ's  own repugnant personality over the years couldn't seem to do. WTF.

It doesn't help that EJ (at least in my book) looked considerably aged and older once his escapades with Abigail started. He aged 10 years in 10 months.

• Love 2