Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

If they were going to do Sami and EJ as a couple, it should have been in 2006 when EJ was supposed to be Sami's friend who liked her as she was.  Instead it turned out to all be lies, and EJ spent the next eight years proving over and over again Sami couldn't trust him.  EJ was obsessed with Sami, but he did not love her or respect her.

When Sami and EJ were paired up in January 2013, Corday and the writers told AS, Sami and EJ were going to be bad together.  However, it was the same old same old all over again.  EJ destroys Sami's life, and blames her for it.  If AS and JS had stayed on the show, EJ would be with Jar Jar, Sami would be with Rafe, and EJ would once again be making Sami's life a living hell because she dared to not put up with his abuse.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 7

Wow, take a week off and you have 5 pages and 6 hours of episodes to catch up on! Without yet reading back, just wanted to say:

1) My Kate DiMeara outfit was fun (a black leather/lace moto jacket, silk drapey shell, long chainy/crystally necklace)

and 

2) I saw Clyde/James Reed at LAX on Sunday night : ) 

I'll be back soon after catching up! 

• Love 2

Anyone that won't be able to watch the show today, here you go. Now on to my opinions lol.

Theresa/Brady/Clint/Kristen/Mel/Mandrake

Theresa didn't shoot anyone just in the air or at a wall. Clint is able to get the gun away from her and wants to know why he's doing this to her. Kristen says she'll explain and calls Theresa vile and how Clint didn't care about her and she's vile because she's born that way. Theresa thinks that the whole thing is about Brady. Kristen keeps talking about it's payback for all the nasty things Theresa has done to people. Theresa tries to escape but Clint has a grasp on her and Kristen sticks Theresa in the neck with a needle that instantly knocks her out and Clint puts her on the couch.

Meanwhile Brady and Mel are still tied in the dungeon, after the gunshot Mel starts to scream for help and Brady tells her to stop that. Brady says that they'll see if the gunshot will summon help or not. Mel apologizes for getting involved and Brady tells her to stop apologizing and how they'll find a way out of her. They find out that the ropes tying them up have loosened but they get nowhere with it.

After the needle prick Clint gets off the phone and says that a new safe house is ready to perform the bone marrow procedure. Kristen scurries off into the nursery while Clint & Mandrake carries Theresa into the dungeon. Mel asks what they did to Theresa and what they're going to do to them. They take Brady away and tie Theresa to Brady's chair. Mel gets Theresa to wake up. Brady is brought to the nursery where Kristen is, Brady tries talking to her again but Kristen says that there's nothing to talk about and the only thing to say is, goodbye. She tells him that it's the last time he's going to see his son and pretty much anyone will not see Kristopher again. Kristen says their son will not want for anything and that she'll give the love she had for Brady to their son.

She goes on a dialogue and they show a close up of Kristopher who just looks beyond bored. Kristen puts Kris back in the crib and says she forgives Brady then sits on Brady's lap and tells him she'll always love him and that torment is over because she's a mother and she's going to let him go and he can spend eternity with Mel and she'll be in Italy raising their son. She says she could have made Brady happy and just smothers his face in kisses.

Mandrake comes back in the dungeon and shoots Theresa up with another dose of the needle and Mel wants to know what's going on and Mandrake leaves without answering. Brady tries to convince Kristen to not raise the baby with blood on her hands. Kristen calls for Clint who enters the nursery and tells Brady, goodbye. Clint takes Brady away while Kristen gets on the phone and says they have to this now. Brady is thrown back in the dungeon with Mel while Theresa is taken away. Mel asks Clint what they're gonna do and Clint points a gun at Brady's head and says she knows.

Theresa wakes up in the nursery hearing Kristopher crying. Kristen is back in the living getting ready when there's a knock at the door. Kristen goes to answer it and Marlena is standing right in the doorway.

Sonny/Will

Sonny arrives at TBD where an employee gives him an envelope from Victor. He opens it to see it's the address to where Paul is in San Francisco. Sonny goes back home and reads a note that someone is babysitting Ari. He gets on his cell phone and calls for flight information.

After his meeting with Clyde, Will comes home to hear Sonny making flight plans and hears Sonny say I can't wait to see you and that he loves someone. Will sees Paul's address on the table. Sonny hangs up and Will says that Sonny just couldn't help himself. Sonny tries to explain and Will just over talks him and says Sonny lied about working on their marriage because why would he want him when he can have an out and proud baseball star in Paul. He admits that Marlena is off to San Francisco to prevent Paul from coming back.

Marlena

Marlena is on a plane and types something on her laptop which is an email to Will.

John/Paul/Mr. Narita

Mr. Narita and Paul see John still in those bushes and Mr. Narita says something in Japanese and John wants to know what he said. Paul translates and tells him that Mr. Narita said that John is just as stubborn as Paul. Mr. Narita gives John a death glare and leaves. Paul says he gets his stubborn behavior from Tori and John says that there's nothing more important than family. John apologizes for knocking Paul off the pedestal he put him on and Paul says it's nothing new for him. John thinks he should talk to someone but Paul thinks he doesn't need a shrink.

Paul says he doesn't have a problem with who he is. Paul says that people say that he only came Out because his career is over and should have when he was still pitching which Paul says it would have been completely different but he's also got good responses about coming Out as well. Paul goes on a dialogue about someone else coming Out after reading Paul's story which means a lot to him and he doesn't want John hanging around San Francisco as he got things to do. John thinks they have things to work out. Paul says he spent his whole life without a father and don't want or need. John says that he's got one and gonna do whatever it takes to make it right. 

Mr. Narita comes back and says something in Japanese again which Paul translates into Mr. Narita wanting John to look at the Golden Gate Bridge. John accepts and Paul says that Mr. Narita says that it will be without Paul joining them. John and Mr. Narita leave, Paul turns around and sees someone and asks, "What are you doing here?"

Clyde/Will

After Will told Clyde about the article being written about him. Clyde sits down in the booth and says, "What did you say?" to Will. Will says it's not his call to make and Clyde tells Will that he'll make it clear in case his Southern accent is getting in the way and tells Will to not do it. Will thinks because he dealt with Kiriakis and DiMera's it's nothing new because Clyde is from Poplar Bluffs and won't threaten him. Clyde says he's not threatening him, just doesn't want it written. Will says that he thought his meeting with Clyde would be a waste but doesn't seem that way now.

Clyde can't believe Will doesn't believe in people's right to privacy. He talks about how Will slept with Paul and did a slam piece on Sami. Will says that he's an objectionable writer and doesn't criticize for the sake of criticizing. Clyde says that he needs to find a new magazine to work for because he thinks differently and that Sonix is a trash rag. Clyde also says Will will do what he has to do to write a story and Clyde says he will do anything he has to do as well and leaves. 

Kate/Ben/Abby

Kate downs a drink at the club and Ben gives her another. She tells Ben that she and Abby talked about Chad and Ben tells her that he doesn't care about her conversation with Abby. Kate says he's some man of the new generation or something to that affect. 

After his conversation with Will, Clyde comes to the club where Kate says Ben just left. Clyde informs her of his meeting with Will. Kate doesn't see a problem, Clyde thinks not and Kate says she'll talk to Will and they kiss.

After her ordeal with Chad, Abby whacks on Ben's door. He answers it shirtless and Abby plants a kiss on him and they have sex and while having sex she hears Chad say, "I love you" and says I love you in response and imagines Chad is on top of her. Ben asks if she's O.K. and she says fine and Ben goes back to sexing her up.

Chad/Abby

After the kiss Abby pulls away and doesn't know what's happening but Chad tells them it's what they want and kisses her again. Abby pulls away and say they can't do this and goes to leave but Chad goes to the door and says he's tired of this song and dance and he locks the door with Abby not noticing. Abby talks about how how she just came to apologize, which Chad says she could have sent a text or a phone call but always finds some way to come to the DiMera mansion and that he can no longer hide his feelings about her. Chad says she's playing house with Ben which brings Abby to near tears and says she's not playing house with him and how Ben is good for her. Chad says she doesn't even know Ben's real name and Abby goes something like at least Ben isn't a DiMera. Chad responds by saying that it's exactly why Ben will never be good for her.

Chad confesses that Abby hurt him by sleeping with EJ and that he was gonna use Jordan to get back at her. Abby says that she thought Chad loved Jordan and he said that he did but he's sick and tired of making excuses to see Abby and that he'll do anything to be with her again. She asks like what, and says that Chad is the one that sent the Florida investigations people to look for Ben. Chad denies getting cops on Ben. Abby wants to know why Chad would want to help Ben since he's been making Ben's life hell ever since he came back to Salem. Chad says that he's a DiMera and they get what they want and he wants to take Abby upstairs and make love to her, which she almost tears up again. Chad unlocks the door after confessing and Abby runs out. After, Chad sits in the dark and flashes back to when he called Abby beautiful.

• Love 6

Why is Melanie giggling about untying the ropes? They are tied up in a basement by a gun wielding lunatic. Can she not be cutesy or "twee" for 5 minutes?

Everyone on this show needs to learn how to hold a gun. You don't shoot from the hip or chest. Like you use your eyes and aim it. Lazy ass directors.

Will investigating Kiddie Rapist is is promising. I want to see what happens. I know Hillbilly has hurt a child before to hurt their parent. If he lays a finger on Ari. Ugh.

I hate Jar Jar but what the fuck is Chad doing locking the door. That's some EJ ish.

Awesome Recap ShadowSixx!!!

• Love 3

Are these the worst hostage takers or what. They just love to play "Move the hostage" moving Dumbass Brady, Toothy, & Theresa all over the place in that house of horrors. You think you would want to keep your hostages in one spot because constantly moving them could give them ways to find out how to outsmart the villains, then again we're dealing with Dumbass Brady & Toothy who giggles in every situation. Theresa was knocked out so can't blame her but I will blame her on not shooting Clint's face off. 

Miss Rapey just needs to die. 

We need to see Anne or Suddenly Southern wondering where Theresa is. I would say Carolyn but her and Theresa rarely hang out. 

I guess RoboMar snapped Kristen's address on her phone instead of Sparkles, cause how else would she know where Kristen would be.

Sneaseal saying he's objectionable writer LMAO, that was the joke of the day. Yea slamming Sami in an article to teach her a lesson isn't objectionable writing it's one sided and no journalist would hide the name of the mistress once they got the name, they would write it in there. Sleeping with his subject while writing the Sparkles story. I wonder what he's gonna do when writing an article on Mr. Rapey, tell Kate to do some digging and put her life in danger?

Sonny slap the shit out of Sneasel and make him feel stupid when you reveal that you're going to see Justin and not Sparkles. Sneasel thinks it's okay for him to lie to save his marriage but how dare Sonny lie to him. Even though Sonny didn't confirm that he was going to San Francisco.

Speaking of San Francisco, I'm confused, Sparkles and Mr. Narita see Yawn in the garden/bushes or whatever. I thought Sparkles was home when we seen him and Mr. Narita in San Francisco the first time. Did they let Yawn stay at the house? Is that a park? What set is that? I thought it was Mr. Narita's backyard but that doesn't look like it's the case.

Chad is just useless to me now, he had promise and Billy Flynn is easy on the eyes but since he wants to chase after Jar Jar, no thank you. Speaking of that cow, she goes and has angry pity sex with Mannequin. Mannequin must not be good in bed because she's always flashing back to a DiMera when having sex with him. She flashed back to EJ and now Chad, this woman is quite disturbing.

• Love 2

Kristen needs to brush up on the Kiriakis family tree. She said Victor would keep sending men to find his nephew (she should've said his grandson)

And I'm hoping Grandpa Narita is stronger than he looks. I would love to see him shove John off the Golden Gate Bridge!

• Love 2

Speaking of San Francisco, I'm confused, Sparkles and Mr. Narita see Yawn in the garden/bushes or whatever. I thought Sparkles was home when we seen him and Mr. Narita in San Francisco the first time. Did they let Yawn stay at the house? Is that a park? What set is that? I thought it was Mr. Narita's backyard but that doesn't look like it's the case.

It's a park, Paul was signing things for fans when John walked up to him the first time.

"I am objective about every story I write."  Bullshit, Will.

Chad lying to Abigail again about not being part of the Florida cops going after Ben.

"Why would you want to have me?"  Good question, Will. And you're right, Will, you are pathetic.

I had to laugh when Dr. Mandrake came into the room where Theresa and Melanie were, and Melanie said, "Hi."

Who was Paul talking to at the end there?

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 2

1. Dear DOOL, I should not be rooting for the pedophile rapist murderer over your legacy main character- might wanna fix Will.

2. Did Victor set Marlena up?Why leave the envelope when you told Sonny the address was at the mansion?

3. Who does Paul actually know in Salem besides Sonny, Will, Victor, Chad, Adrienne, and Derrick? Who could he be talking to?

• Love 3

I think Grandpa must have taken John away because he knew the unknown person was coming.  But who could it be?

It can't be Will and Sonny, because they're in Salem arguing.  It can't be Marlena because she's in Italy.  It can't be Kate because she's drooling all over Clyde.  I doubt if it's Adrienne, because she has Ari, unless she just took her and flew off to California.  That leaves either Lucas or Justin, or Victor.

Does Justin know about Sonny and Paul?

• Love 2

Every time I see 'Failure' I wind up picturing Charlie Brown. Because, you know, in 'A Boy Named Charlie Brown' the girls led by Lucy sing this whole song called Failure Face...

You never do anything right

You never put anything in its place

And that's why everyone calls you

Failure Face!

I'm so dating myself. But, yeah, that's what I picture and hear when I see that particular nickname.

Dandesun, Thanks for bringing that over, I hadn't remembered it and it fits her so perfectly.

Now if only Failure WOULD date herself and ONLY herself.  She'd get so bored she'd slit her kangaroo paws.  And she'd know how we feel.

• Love 3

I wish this latest scheme of Kristen's would be the end of the Dimeras.  Kristen is killed by Marlena, Brady, Theresa, rabid fire ants, any or all will do, Stefano hears and drops dead of a heart attack.  Chad decides he doesn't want to be like them.  Chad goes to Hollywood to see Sami and the children.  They return to Salem for a visit.  Sami has a new man that comes with her.  Lucas is jealous.  Kate is, "The lesser of two evils.  Sami or Adrienne?  Sami is meaner, knows how to scheme and shoot, she hates me, but Adrienne is soooooo boring."  Sami returns to Hollywood.  I like both Justin and Lucas so I want new women for them.  Adrienne can date Dan off screen.

Why are Clyde and Ben still in Salem?  If Clyde targets Will, that will have Kate, Sami and Lucas gunning for him.  Clyde needs to try to kill Will, and instead kill Mannequin and Jar Jar.  Then Kate, Sami, and Lucas can toss Clyde in the river.

• Love 4

EJ's obsession with Sami made sense, at least. She had kids with him, and <major bonus points here> he didn't sleep with any of his brothers, and <extra extra major bonus points> she didn't think said brother was the Dimera to top all other Dimeras sexually...

Chad could easily make a fresh slate with someone else to obsess over. There's really no point to obsessing over Abigail...since he doesn't have any kids with her, why does he want to obsess over someone who slept with his brother and thought the brother was way better in bed? Perhaps  the first part is forgivable, but not so sure about the second part...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I think Kristen wanted "justice" against Theresa because she hurt Brady, set him up for John's assault and got pregnant with his child--if Theresa had done this with any other man in Salem, Kristen wouldn't have cared.  She didn't care that Theresa nearly killed John, only that she framed Brady, so Kristen's sense of morality is definitely off.  Not that any of us are surprised :)

Sonny needs to dump Will's ass as fast as he can--the Sneasel has the gall to doubt him after Will was the one who cheated and lied. 

• Love 4

The writers simply refuse to end a SL that isn't working when one of their favorites is involved.  For an example see Dannifer.  Right to the very end of Sami and EJ's exits, they were trying to make Sami out to be the bad guy because she actually fought back, and didn't put up with EJ lying to her and cheating on her.  They still want to insist Slappy is some poor helpless victim, and they are trying to create, for whatever stupid reason, the dynamic Sami and EJ had.

Note to writers:  You are incompetent idiots.  Sami was hell on wheels, she can punch, shoot, blackmail, and scheme with the best of them.  She doesn't need anyone to fight her battles for her.  Sami actually had several very good reasons for despising EJ, and always choosing Rafe and Lucas over him.

I think BF is a good actor, but Chad is no EJ.  Trying to make Chad into EJ is dumb, and they are wasting BF.  Also, I don't believe EJ would have been as popular as he was if it was not for James Scott.

I thought Days had been sexist and misogynistic for quite a few years, but then they out did themselves, and decided to ramp it up to being pro abusive relationships, pro rape, and pro blame the women for anything the men do.  Unless it's the case of Kristen Dimera drugging and raping Eric Brady, and then they treat rape as a joke.  Followed by EJ Dimera lying to Sami Brady (Eric's twin sister) and trying to make her believe the sex was consensual, laughing about Kristen raping Eric (the twin brother of the woman EJ raped), and cheating on Sami and blaming her for everything.  Then for the final insult, they had Sami get back together with the despicable monster, and they swept EVERYTHING under the rug all while still trying to blame Sami for the problems in Sami and EJ's relationship.

If AS and JS hadn't exit stage left, EJ would be with the boring twit, Sami would be back with Rafe, and when EJ tried to ruin her life again, Sami would get blamed for it.

If they wanted Sami and EJ to be believable as a couple, and that is a huge if considering everything that happened with them, it should have been different this time around.  EJ lying, cheating, blaming Sami for everything, and ruining her life has been the ongoing SL since EJ showed up in Salem.  Another ongoing theme has been EJ expects Sami to understand and forgive any and everything he does, but he would never do the same.  EJ never once forgave Sami.  EJ thought he had the right to destroy Sami's life even when she hadn't done anything wrong, she just chose Rafe or Lucas over him.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4

I do not blame Sami and EJ because I see the hand prints of Corday who hated them to gether with a passion. He wanted SAmi with Rafe

Bet his side piece and not chad will be his rooting couple. Chad will not do the evil that EJ did because he wants them together. Plus the side piece will continue to be same perfect self.

The acting today between Chad and Abigail seemed kind of awkward. Not necessarily chemistry-less, but awkward.  It felt like two kids crying over Zayn Malik leaving One Direction...

I actually thought Chad came off as a bigger weenie than Abigail. She was just reacting  (albeit kind of annoyingly) to what was being thrown at her. But he went on the offensive with the dweebiness....wtf.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

EJ's obsession with Sami made sense, at least. She had kids with him, and <major bonus points here> he didn't sleep with any of his brothers, and

I certainly HOPE he didn't - but is avoiding brother incest really something to award a character major bonus points over?

(Yes, I know you meant to type "she" - but I couldn't resist...)

• Love 3

NAH NAH NAH, Chad, I can't HEAR YOU.  Shouting that and the fast forward feature are the only things that kept me from losing my dinner tonight, with Chad utterly debasing himself with all that bullshit about the glories of Abigail and her golden Hoo Haw.  But  then again, maybe the power of Abigail's AMAZING beauty is just too strong a pull for him to be able to break.....

I mean, she IS stunning....

abbbb.jpg

And even better, he could save a ton on food since she does like to snack on plastic.  I hope Ben enjoyed himself in the afterglow of Abigail dreaming about Chad being EJ's brother while she consoled herself with the human version of KFC.

I guess this means Show is gearing up to throw more crap - aka Abigail - on our screens in the foreseeable future.  Look away, my friends, this could be blinding.

Mel DOES realize that she might be killed, right?  That she's not on a treasure hunt?  That not ALL lunatics find her Kuutsey Klutzy Adorable self just too darn lovable not to shoot?  Oh hell, maybe not.  And the longer she twitches and does her "Kids say the Darndest Things!" stand-up routine, the less I care if she gets it.  

Brady, with Kristen climbing him like he's Half Dome looked more than a bit like Drake, post-Madonna kiss.

OOOOOOOO, folks, our Lil' Sneasel got his MAD face on today - twice!  First with Clyde, when he told him not to write the story, which made him say "I am objective".  Sneasel is objective the same way Marlena is human and Jawn isn't gassy.  It's all in their heads - which in Sneasel's case, would be a tight fit for Hershey's Kiss.  And our Clyde is NOT going to be giving Sneasel one of those.

Sonny needs to dump Will's ass as fast as he can--the Sneasel has the gall to doubt him after Will was the one who cheated and lied. 

then he goes home, overhears Sonny talking and has an attack of the vapors, imagining Sonny is going off to see Sparkle.  As Sneasel says to Sonny, "Why would you want me"?  Aw, Willy Boy, come on, WHO could resist this face?

will.jpg

Yup, Will's got IT, all right.  

I guess Sami missed a vaccination or two.

Poor Sparkle, cry me  a river.  Peepuls being mean to him.  Awwww.  Maybe Jawn can just hug the unhappy right out of him.  And how dare people question the integrity of his coming out?  

I admit I do not have a great reaction to celebrities being applauded for coming out at a time of their choosing when the vast majority of people have such limitied options.  Good for them, but I'm underwhelmed by the bravery of people who are already insulated from the real world.   It gets under my skin.  So Sparkle is going to have to do a whole helluva lot more than give us his Dentyne smile and tales of woe before I'm cutting him any slack.

Sonny would be better off without either of them IMO.

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

I certainly HOPE he didn't - but is avoiding brother incest really something to award a character major bonus points over?

(Yes, I know you meant to type "she" - but I couldn't resist...)

Whoops! 

• Love 3

Poor Sparkle, cry me  a river.  Peepuls being mean to him.  Awwww.  Maybe Jawn can just hug the unhappy right out of him.  And how dare people question the integrity of his coming out?  

I admit I do not have a great reaction to celebrities being applauded for coming out at a time of their choosing when the vast majority of people have such limitied options.  Good for them, but I'm underwhelmed by the bravery of people who are already insulated from the real world.   It gets under my skin.  So Sparkle is going to have to do a whole helluva lot more than give us his Dentyne smile and tales of woe before I'm cutting him any slack.

Sonny would be better off without either of them IMO.

When discussing Sprakle's 'bravery' for coming out I think it should be noted that he only came out once his career was over and he felt he had nothing to loose, and I'm pretty sure he was also hoping it would help him get Sonny back. And for every piece of hate mail he gets I'm sure there's 10 other letters from people who still worship him. Besides his worthless mother being less than thrilled and him whining about people putting him on a pedestal, we've seen Sparkle face very little conflict over his coming out. If Show wants us to believe he's struggling they're going to need to do a lot better than that. 

• Love 2

I'm sorry, but that scene where Kristen sat in Brady's lap and told him how happy she could have made him was just straight-up bad. I hear so much about how Davidson can take dross and spin it into something better, if not always gold. I'm kind of tired of hearing it, to be perfectly honest. This was horridly clunky writing, delivered in embarrassing fashion. High school drama students would be rightly ashamed of performances this amateurish. The actors have no chemistry that I can detect, and the Kristen character is just a cartoon now. Somebody make it stop!

I think Chad's relationship with Jordan has been retconned a little bit, and although Billy Flynn is not my favourite, I think he (in contrast to Davidson's hackery) put Chad's ridiculously whiny speech over just about as well as anyone could have. Again, I don't think Flynn and Mansi have that much chemistry, which this kind of "tortured" love story needs, but at least the scene didn't make me want to slap everyone involved into their constituent atoms.

Will is nothing but a mound of insecure, lying horseshit.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 8

I'm sorry, but that scene where Kristen sat in Brady's lap and told him how happy she could have made him was just straight-up bad. I hear so much about how Davidson can take dross and spin it into something better, if not always gold. 

Yep, that was bad.  Very bad.  I did think ED did a good job at the beginning of the week when Brady and Mel showed up, but that's over now and I won't miss Kritter one bit when she's gone.  These scenes at the Munster House - I mean, Dimera getaway castle - are very wierdly done.  Brady is his usual block of wood, Mel seems to think she's in a Brady Bunch episode, Dr. Mandrake looks like he wants to go kill his agent after he's done with Days, Clint needs to be told that not all underwear models can transition to acting, and Theresa.....all she's done so far is be dumber than usual.  Now Mar is here in her role as a door-to-door vacuum saleswoman, I guess.....

Yup, it's done.

• Love 9

Yep, that was bad.  Very bad.  I did think ED did a good job at the beginning of the week when Brady and Mel showed up, but that's over now and I won't miss Kritter one bit when she's gone.  These scenes at the Munster House - I mean, Dimera getaway castle - are very wierdly done.  Brady is his usual block of wood, Mel seems to think she's in a Brady Bunch episode, Dr. Mandrake looks like he wants to go kill his agent after he's done with Days, Clint needs to be told that not all underwear models can transition to acting, and Theresa.....all she's done so far is be dumber than usual.  Now Mar is here in her role as a door-to-door vacuum saleswoman, I guess.....

Yup, it's done.

I don't know what RoboMar thinks she's going to do. Is she planning on reprogramming the chip implanted in Kritter? 

• Love 2

This SL with Kristen stealing Theresa's baby went the same way Eric's SL did.  Kristen drugged and raped Eric, and the SL was about everyone else.  Kristen violated Theresa and stole her baby, and Theresa has been an after thought in this SL.

I'm so tired of Ken Corday, and so many other soap show runners, putting their own egos ahead of the show and the fans.  I resent that Ken Corday's dislike of Ejami as a couple, and his petty war with the Ejami fans, ruined Sami's exit SL.  His entire see how much better the side piece is than Sami because Sami dared to be angry and hurt, and strike back, was beyond offensive.

Why is Sonny going to be the one to leave Salem?  I would rather Sparkle and Sneasel disappear, and Sonny stay.  I like Sonny.  The other two are whiny and useless.

• Love 7

Kristin has always been a cartoon, don't you think? And yes, that scene on Brady's lap certainly was wierd and icky. I wonder if Kristin will die and that will be that? 

How did Marlena know to go to Italy (besides the address). She doesn't know the others are there, right? Did she take time out from her meddling for Will for a detour to Italy to tell Kristin off one last time? I don't get it at all. 

I thought Billy Flynn did a great job yesterday, and Abigail definitely has the feels. Poor Ben, working away while she pictures Chad. Ugh. 

For all of its flaws, yesterday's episode had me on the edge of my seat. There were several moments when I expected a particular scene to be the closer. I guess sweeps are coming! 

• Love 6

That was one giant laptop that Marlena was using on the plane! I don't know what exactly she is doing confronting Kristin, but it was a nice surprise that she didn't to go to San Francisco. So who did Paul see at the end? Maybe Adrienne took Ari to San Francisco for some reason? I don't think it is Sonny, I think he was calling about flights to go see Justin in Hong Kong like they talked about the other day, and then talking to Justin when Will came in.

• Love 2

Even though writers have turned Zoe into a horrible bitch now, but she would chew Jar Jar up and not even spit her out. She would swallow her so that Jar Jar will exit Zoe's body in Jar Jar's true form, shit. 

• Love 3

I really have to disagree on this Kristin/ED front.

For one thing, we know and have seen how little good direction this cast gets.  Most of the time they have zero clue what they are supposed to be showing us so we can follow along with their particular storyline.  AND the writing is repetitious and dull and regularly sabotages the characters.

That being said, each of Kristin's returns over the last few years has been worse than the last.

• Love 1

Sorry, had to make a new post....

ED brings comedy and energy and unpredictability to her performances.  While you guys liked her during her scenes lying to Brady, I found her flouncy and bored (ED has seemed that way a lot over these last appearances), but when she was given a scene with a clear emotional context, aka saying a final goodbye to Brady before having him killed, I thought she really ommitted to it

I actually choked up a wee bit (as did the actor playing Brady) as Kristin began to hear herself saying goodbye to him.  She was clearly torn up about him dying and yes, sitting on his lap was a bit dramatic and icky, but have you ever seen someone grieving?  That's what it looks like.

I admit I don't like the way Kristin has been played and some of is on ED, but out of this whole cheesy Castle finale, that scene felt real

Also: my freaking television reception went wonky and I missed the window fall.  Can you believe that!??!

Did Mar even have the strength to shove Kristin...or are they really suggesting K stumbled and broke windows made of REAL GLASS???

I DID love Kristin mocking Mar's blathering.  I loved it something fierce!!

It is beyond stupid how Mar accidentally showed up at the castle and accidentally killed Kristin though.  ED had better come back and just shoot Mar for once and gloat later!

Kristen needs to die and stay dead, and so does Stefano.  They need to join EJ burning in hell.

This is pure speculation on my part, but I think 2016 will be Days last year.  Bo and Steve are back filming, and on contract.  Justin, Adrienne, and Kayla have been put on contract.  Kim and Shane are returning.  I believe the 50th will lead into Stefano targeting Marlena, and the Bradys finally get rid of Stefano for good.

• Love 4

I think Will's article about Clyde will keep him from focusing on Paul..I think this Clyde article will morph into something so much bigger than just a fluff piece...Will has no idea who he is messing with....Will has to realize that actions have consequences and that Ari might be the one that pays for his stupid mistakes...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Wednesday's recap for you guys :)

Kristen/Marlena/Mel/Brady/Clint

Clint doesn't shoot Brady as he received a text saying no shooting from Mandrake by orders of Kristen. Mel distracts Clint long enough for Brady to untie himself and fight with Clint who drops the gun. Clint gets the upper hand and punches Brady down to the ground. Clint grabs the gun and points the gun at Brady which Mel yells for him not to. Clint grabs Mel by the chin and says, "famous last words." Mel calls Clint a psycho and how Clint doesn't have a chance since Brady has a Kiriakis, she babbles on until Clint tells her to shut up and calls her a pain in the ass. Mel says it doesn't have to be this way which Clint lightly kicks an unconscious Brady, and says that he'll take Brady out first as Mel is still trying to free herself from the ropes. Clint sets Brady up to shoot him but Mel unties herself and fights Clint knocking gun out of his hand.

Clint overpowers Mel and starts to choke her and says he'll kill her first. Brady wakes up and grabs Clint and starts fighting with him which the gun yet again goes flying around the room and Brady basically beats the shit out of him and kills Clint it looks like by stabbing him. Mel and Brady hug.

Theresa wakes up in the nursery and sees Kris for the first time in his crib. She flashes back to meeting Kristen in the cabin and trying to escape. Theresa tries to escape the nursery but Mandrake is there to stop her. He tells her she should be knocked out because he tranquilized her enough to knock out a horse. Theresa is still loopy and tries to escape and Mandrake goes to shoot her up again with a needle. Theresa flashes back to when she was kidnapped in the park and Mandrake stuck her with a needle and she tells him that she told him that she was pregnant and Mandrake says he knew. Theresa walks to Kris' crib and looks at him while Mandrake tells Theresa it's nap time while holding the needle. Theresa sees the needle and tries to escape again, Mandrake says Theresa is needed for the baby which Theresa wants to know why, he doesn't answer that question but tells her that he doesn't want to hurt her. Theresa turns the needle on Mandrake and sticks him with it.

Marlena wants to know where are "they" and Kristen thinks Mar followed Brady and Mel to the castle. Mar wants to know what she's up to but Kristen says it's none of her business. Mar wants to know where John and Paul are but Kristen doesn't know who she's talking about. Mar realizes that Kristen doesn't know who Paul is and picked up on Kristen saying "them" so wonders who she's speaking of and Kristen says her staff because her castle isn't on Google maps. Kristen denies until a nurse rushes in and talks about the baby and waiting and Kristen rushes her out in Italian. Marlena wants to know about a baby.

Kristen makes up a story which Mar doesn't believe because Kristen said she was alone. Mar is gonna find out what's going on and goes off but Kristen pulls a gun out of her purse and points it at her and says that she should have done it a long time ago. Kristen basically blathers on about their history with John and that she doesn't want Mar's blood on her carpet and tells her to move. Kristen tells her to get by the window and Mar does a very sad and weak attempt to wrestle the gun away from Kristen but Kristen prevails. Mar says that Kristen doesn't want to do this but Kristen thinks otherwise. Kristen is ready to kill her.

After all this Mel and Brady hear Kristen and Mar arguing and Mar makes a better attempt at grabbing the gun which the two fight over and the gun goes off shocking both women. They continue to fight, another gun falls to the ground, Brady bursts in and yells out Kristen's name. Marlena tells Kristen to let go and jerks sending Kristen on a way trip out the window. While that was going on Mel enters the nursery and informs Theresa that Kris is her baby.

Paul/Justin/John/Mr. Narita

Paul turns around and sees Justin standing there. Justin says Paul doesn't know who he is but Paul says he knows that he's Sonny's dad. Paul knows because Sonny showed him pictures of his family and Paul is not interested in hearing about how he should stay away from Sonny or any of that. Justin read the interview and he didn't know that part of Sonny's life of being with Paul and Justin realizes how much Paul loves Sonny. Paul says Sonny moved on and he's not in Salem anymore to make Sonny's life more difficult. Justin thinks that whether or not he's in Salem he wouldn't have made things anymore worse by leaving.

Paul wants to know why Justin is here and Justin says he loves Sonny and that Sonny is being pressured in Salem about his feelings. Justin asks if Paul loves Sonny and Paul says yes. Justin thinks that Paul should stay in San Francisco then. Paul asks if Justin thinks Sonny shouldn't be with Will and Justin says he wants Sonny to follow his heart. Mr. Narita and John return and Paul introduces Mr. Narita and John as his father which Justin is surprised. Justin says that they both should want what's best for their son, so I guess they briefly said something about the affair between Paul and Will.

Paul thinks John wants Sonny with Will and John says that they're married. Paul says how John wouldn't have found out about being his father if it wasn't for Will and that Will is getting his way because of blackmailing Tori and then says that John found out about their relation via Sonny. Justin says Sonny should hold Will accountable for his actions, Paul says both he and Will should. John says it's up to Paul to realize where he belongs and will give him space so John and Justin leave living Paul and Mr. Narita. (Don't think I recapped the convo that well it seems jumbled on screen and in my writing lol)

Sonny/Will

Sonny asks Will what was he thinking sending Mar to stop Paul. Will says again that she's trying to save her pathetic grandson hold onto his marriage but too late since Sonny has moved on with Paul and going to Italy to visit Paul. Sonny shows Paul the address that Paul is in San Francisco and Mar won't find Paul or John in San Francisco. Sonny tells him he left a message for Justin and going to see him and that Will sent Marlena to Italy and Will says he'll make it up to Mar. Sonny says Will has been saying that a lot lately.

Sonny says something that makes Will think he's talking about Sonny & Paul being together which Sonny then tells him that he's talking about about Justin and Adrienne. He feels it isn't his place to talk about the affair but Will keeps pestering him so Sonny reveals their affairs and that Adrienne is sleeping with Lucas. Sonny didn't want to say anything as he was hoping Lucas would say anything. Sonny says that Will shouldn't throw any stones at Adrienne. Will knows that he's driving Sonny nuts as he's scared of losing him. Will wants to know what he can do, Sonny says to stop holding on so tightly and controlling who he can see and how he feels and let him breathe. Will says that he can do that and Sonny is glad they cleared the air some and they embrace in a hug. Sonny receives a text from Adrienne to come get Ari and Sonny leaves.

Will gets on his laptop which Zoe sends an email about having info on Paul and does he want it and Will responds he wants everything that Zoe has.

Rafe/Hope/Ciara

Rafe is in Horton Square reading a newspaper when Ciara and Hope approache him. Ciara and Rafe talk about baseball and Ciara says instead of being a player she's gonna be an umpire. She wants to be an umpire because she has a good eye and Ciara goes off to stay with her Brittany for the night. Hope realizes she's late for a meeting but Rafe wants to know if she has any info on Clyde. Hope says she has nothing to tell him and Rafe thinks that she's not telling him something. Rafe says he doesn't have her back like he use to which Hope misses, but Rafe tells Hope to call him in case she needs him and leaves.

Hope/Roman/Abe/Aiden

They're sitting at TBD talking about Clyde and the man that was killed in Florida. Convo doesn't get far as Aiden walks up to the table. Abe and Roman leave TBD. Aiden reminds Hope about what they talked about in the hotel and Hope tells Aiden that he has a feeling that Clyde had something to do with the murder. Aiden doesn't like that Hope used information he said on the phone for her gain and that she's not a rookie cop. Aiden says that if Hope goes through with it, he'll try his best to get the thing dropped because it's information about his client.

They know that they have different jobs and something was said that Aiden apologizes for. Hope understands about their jobs and how they're both passionate about their work. Hope apologizes as she doesn't want to do anything to mess up their relationship and Aiden feels the same. Aiden doesn't want to come off as a pompous jerk as when they first met and Hope decides to call Tallahassee and cancel her request. They kiss.

• Love 4

Today was a great episode if you ignore the inconsistencies (and there were a ton). The only part of me sad about Kristen going through the window is that I wish it had been Melanie, sigh. Justin, John, and Paul were interesting, I like how Justin turned that "you want the best for your son too" right on John- looks like we have a new member of team Paulson. Thank goodness because I was tired of everyone in Salem wanting Will to get exactly what he wants, ugh.

On that note, as far as I'm concerned, this marriage needs to end. I don't give a damn if it ends because of Paul, it just needs to end. Will is a selfish, simple-minded, asshole, period. He could have sent his grandmother into a damn gunfight and he is still ranting on about Paul, are you kidding me? And the NERVE of Will to tell Sonny, "I swear to god if you're making this up," ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? And after Sonny forgives him AGAIN, Will is right back on destroying Paul- ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????????

• Love 6

Today was a great episode if you ignore the inconsistencies (and there were a ton). The only part of me sad about Kristen going through the window is that I wish it had been Melanie, sigh. Justin, John, and Paul were interesting, I like how Justin turned that "you want the best for your son too" right on John- looks like we have a new member of team Paulson. Thank goodness because I was tired of everyone in Salem wanting Will to get exactly what he wants, ugh.

Justin didn't say he wanted Sonny with Paul. He said he wanted Sonny to make his own decision and do what's best for him, be it staying with Will or getting with Sparkle. 

Justin didn't say he wanted Sonny with Paul. He said he wanted Sonny to make his own decision and do what's best for him, be it staying with Will or getting with Sparkle. 

I know that but his words and actions are sort of serving cross purposes. He could have believed that without visiting Paul. What I mean is that, unlike the rest of the town besides Victor, Justin actually sees Paulson as a viable option and that's good enough for me.

• Love 1