Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Four Walls And A Roof

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Seriously, I'm interested in Tara and Rosita (not in that way).  But they're both the last (for now) real unknowns.  It'll be interesting to see where the writers take them.

Tara's back story was intertwined with the return of the Governor so she did have some character development. Her, her sister, father and neice was trapped in an apartment with food, a gun and ammo but apparantly didn't get out much because they had no idea how to kill walkers until the Gov'nuh showed up

Eugene told Tara that Rosita and Abraham were a couple. Paraphrasing:

Eugene - Glen has Maggie, Abraham has Rosita, I just thought me and you

Tara - I like girls

Eugene - I figured as much. (side note - because apparantly the ONLY REASON you would not be attracted to Eugene is if you are already taken or you are gay)

• Love 2

Eugene told Tara that Rosita and Abraham were a couple. Paraphrasing:

Eugene - Glen has Maggie, Abraham has Rosita, I just thought me and you

Tara - I like girls

Eugene - I figured as much. (side note - because apparantly the ONLY REASON you would not be attracted to Eugene is if you are already taken or you are gay)

I missed that completely!  But yeah, even if Tara didn't like girls I think she'd start if Eugene is the alternative.

• Love 2

I was a little confused by Eugene's super short defiance of Abraham. At first, I was really proud of him for standing up to Abraham, and implying that he wanted to stay and help the gang with their Termite infestation. Sadly, I was disappointed three seconds later when he caved to Abraham's "move your butt".

Seems to me though, that Eugene has all the power there. Abraham's purpose is to guard Eugene and get him to Washington so if Eugene sits his ass down and refuses to budge, what's Abraham gonna do? Pistol-whip him into unconsciousness and drive him to D.C. anyway? Not sure that's likely. Abraham can huff and puff but I think he's goes where Eugene goes. Eugene should have held out IMO. :)

• Love 2

I am still wondering about that comment from an episode ago between Abraham and Rosita regarding "telling them" (Rick's group) about something regarding Eugene.  That is my only issue with the theory that Abraham and Co are being somehow bamboozled by Eugene.  There is more to that story and I want to know what it is!

• Love 4

. (side note - because apparantly the ONLY REASON you would not be attracted to Eugene is if you are already taken or you are gay)

But yeah, even if Tara didn't like girls I think she'd start if Eugene is the alternative.

You just reminded me of this advice column I read recently where some guy Pete said he sees girls in bars sometimes wearing a ring on their thumb and is that some code or signal or something?

And the columnist replied:  Yes, it means "let's all pretend we're lesbians until Pete leaves."

• Love 8

I am still wondering about that comment from an episode ago between Abraham and Rosita regarding "telling them" (Rick's group) about something regarding Eugene.  That is my only issue with the theory that Abraham and Co are being somehow bamboozled by Eugene.  There is more to that story and I want to know what it is!

I took it that they would tell them about going to Washington after they gave them a bit of downtime since they had just escaped Terminus.  I don't think Rick and Co. were really clued in to much about what the mission was, and he was telling Rosita they needed to let them catch their breath before they started on the WE MUST GET TO WASHINGTON rampage.

But I could be wrong.  It's happened before :)

• Love 3

Has it ever been proven that eating, what Bob delicately called 'tainted meat', will cause someone to quickly 'turn?'  We've been told that everyone's already infected , so if they die by whatever means everyone will become a walker.  But would ingesting it like that hasten the process?   Loved how Gareth tried to cover it by saying they cooked it long enough.  Zombie virus ain't salmonella, pal.

Five days after this episode, that's still the most disappointing thing to me about it.  I WANT to know what happens if someone eats zombie-tainted meat.   All we're left with is speculation, and granted the issue will (hopefully) never come up again, but I still want to know dammit!  I wish Camp Dinner Bell had staked out one of the termites and given enough time to answer this question.

• Love 4

I took it that they would tell them about going to Washington after they gave them a bit of downtime since they had just escaped Terminus.  I don't think Rick and Co. were really clued in to much about what the mission was, and he was telling Rosita they needed to let them catch their breath before they started on the WE MUST GET TO WASHINGTON rampage.

That was my take on it as well. And when Michonne smashed that walkers head, I had the feeling Abraham was trying to convey "see, we need them"

• Love 4

That was my take on it as well. And when Michonne smashed that walkers head, I had the feeling Abraham was trying to convey "see, we need them"

I can see why Rick would let Abraham, Rosita and Eugene go (less so Maggie/Glenn/Tara, but that's another conversation).  I mean Rick's seen a lot of shit and been through even more.  So, he may not feel like he really needs Abraham and, plus, he has the dude's words from the CDC in his ears, so he may not totally buy into Abraham/Eugene's story.

But why in the world would Abraham let Rick, Michone, Sahsa, Daryl (ok, he wasn't there at the end) go?  He saw that they were killing machines.

Edited by JackONeill
  • Love 2

I can see why Rick would let Abraham, Rosita and Eugene go (less so Maggie/Glenn/Tara, but that's another conversation).  I mean Rick's seen a lot of shit and been through even more.  So, he may not feel like he really needs Abraham and, plus, he has the dude's words from the CDC in his ears, so he may not totally buy into Abraham/Eugene's story.

But why in the world would Abraham let Rick, Michone, Sahsa, Daryl (ok, he wasn't there at the end) go?  He saw that they were killing machines.

Good point!

All I can figure is that Abraham knew that Michonne, Sasha, Daryl would always, always, consider Rick their only commander. If Rick died Abraham would not be their leader; they would take orders from Rick over the handy InsanityPhone.

If Abraham had any sense he'd realize it's better to be a live little fish in a little pond than the big fish in a pool of sharks.

But he won't step back. Which is why Abraham is an idiot.

• Love 8

Has it ever been proven that eating, what Bob delicately called 'tainted meat', will cause someone to quickly 'turn?'  We've been told that everyone's already infected , so if they die by whatever means everyone will become a walker.  But would ingesting it like that hasten the process?   Loved how Gareth tried to cover it by saying they cooked it long enough.  Zombie virus ain't salmonella, pal.

Yeah, we saw how much those scorched-and-charred smoker zombies slowed down when they came at Carol & Tyreese & the kids on the farm. Well-done still walks.

• Love 4

Others, like Maggie, do tend to suffer somewhat from "___'s girlfriend/wife" writing.

I just take Maggie for being that type of woman who only thinks about her man. If it's a determent to others, so be it in her mind.

• Love 1

I really liked how sure Rick was that (Carol and Daryl) would be back.

I just thought he figured they ran off for some back-seat boogie, thought it wouldn't take too long - considering - so had no doubts that they would be back soon.

• Love 2

Someone asked a few pages back how Gareth knew about Carol. Remember she captured Martin and Tyrese (bless his heart) left him alive.

Martin knows who Carol is, but no one was there to see what took place between Carole & the mom. If Gareth specifically implicated Carol for the death of his mother, who would be a pile of pulp given how she was pounced upon, that would be a writer's error. All he could know is that she didn't make it out alive. If he blamed Carol for messing up Terminus, that would be reasonable.

• Love 3

Martin knows who Carol is, but no one was there to see what took place between Carole & the mom. If Gareth specifically implicated Carol for the death of his mother, who would be a pile of pulp given how she was pounced upon, that would be a writer's error. All he could know is that she didn't make it out alive. If he blamed Carol for messing up Terminus, that would be reasonable.

Well, technically, Carol could be blamed for the death of all the Termites at Terminus. If not for her, they'd all be alive. Gareth didn't say "Carol shot my mother and left her to be munched on by walkers", so I didn't see any writer goof there. If not for Carol, Mary would be alive. The manner of her death is irrelevant; Carol caused it.

I just thought he figured they ran off for some back-seat boogie, thought it wouldn't take too long - considering - so had no doubts that they would be back soon.

Hee! Oh gosh. I kind of want that to be Rick's assumption, prompting a very awkward discussion when he sees Daryl again. Heh.

• Love 5

You know, we aren't really sure when Martin left the cabin. Obviously not when Tyreese was inside, and Tyreese doesn't come outside until Rick shows up with Carol and the others. Then Tyreese stops Carol from going in.

Was Martin laying on the floor playing dead? He'd have to be! He couldn't try to leave until they were gone. And they all stood around for quite some time; it's possible that someone said something about what happened and how they were greeted at Terminus and it went wrong and Carol could have said that she took care of that woman or whatever. But i'd bet Martin heard a lot of the conversations outside.

• Love 4

I guess it's possible that someone saw Carol and Mary go in that room, and only Carol came out.

• Love 1

I was a little confused by Eugene's super short defiance of Abraham. At first, I was really proud of him for standing up to Abraham, and implying that he wanted to stay and help the gang with their Termite infestation. Sadly, I was disappointed three seconds later when he caved to Abraham's "move your butt".

Seems to me though, that Eugene has all the power there. Abraham's purpose is to guard Eugene and get him to Washington so if Eugene sits his ass down and refuses to budge, what's Abraham gonna do? Pistol-whip him into unconsciousness and drive him to D.C. anyway? Not sure that's likely. Abraham can huff and puff but I think he's goes where Eugene goes. Eugene should have held out IMO. :)

I think he knows Abraham is where his bread is buttered. Abraham keeps him safe to the point of not wanting him to do anything. He infantilizes him. I think with the group sans Abraham he'd probably at least be forced to learn to shoot and stab.

Good point!

All I can figure is that Abraham knew that Michonne, Sasha, Daryl would always, always, consider Rick their only commander. If Rick died Abraham would not be their leader; they would take orders from Rick over the handy InsanityPhone.

If Abraham had any sense he'd realize it's better to be a live little fish in a little pond than the big fish in a pool of sharks.

But he won't step back. Which is why Abraham is an idiot.

I think Sasha and Michonne don't even necessarily see Rick as a leader above all else, as much as they are all part of a group and they're a good team, with Rick the one in the most visible role (Sasha has never really been there during a heavy Ricktatorship period). It's just that Sasha and Michonne and Daryl (sans Rick) would all be much more questioning of everything Abraham is selling. They're not as easy to control. Of the group, Maggie, Glenn and Tara are probably more docile. They aren't idiots, but they'll trust Abraham.

• Love 3

Apart from who stayed/who left being part of a specific deal that was struck because of an immediate issue at the time (which is another discusssion that has beaten around quite a bit), I’ll take my viewers hat off and try to get into the character mindset of Abe on a more general macro level on this issue:

Abe’s overriding objective is to get Eugene to DC safely.  There are more considerations here than just more warriors = more protection=better.  First there is the time perspective, more people equals more delays and detours. Second, depending on the type of warrior it could mean more risks and ergo less safety as well (but I’ll get to this in point 2).

1. From Abe’s PoV, it is easy to get the impression that Rick’s group has a propensity to meander and not stay on mission. His train of thought would be along the lines of; “Even if the termites are eliminated what then? How long was he supposed to wait for the two MIAs? Two days? Five? Two weeks? If they don’t show, am I going to have to go on a search and rescue for these guys too?  Would we have to fight someone? What if after this someone else like Tyrese goes missing or something? Someone always seems to go missing with this group. Am I ever going to GTF out of here with these guys???”

In his mind he is saving the world here. The longer it takes to get Eugene to DC the more people are dying all over the world. This mindset is even made explicit when he counters Rick’s “Carol saved your life,” with “and I am trying to save yours.” For him, getting to DC is also saving the lives of Rick’s group, including Carol, whilst failure means Carol and Rick et al all die anyway in the long run.

2. More protection is not the same as more safety.  I.e. having a bodyguard provides more protection than none, but having no bodyguards and not getting into any fights is safer still (Pretty much same equation as condoms & one night stands).  Abe wants to start nothing and get into nothing with anyone, he just wants to get to DC. If on the way to DC some Voodoo practicing, Satan worshiping, nudist head-hunting cult shoots at their bus and kills someone, Abe’s instinct would be to put his foot on the gas and drive right through. Chances are Rick’s crew would debark and get into another war. This is not conducive to the safety of Eugene. On balance, “all-for-one” still edges it, but is far from being the straight more=more equation than we may think.

And Abe would be right on both counts.  Abe doesn’t know this, but we as viewers do, that if he’d stayed, chances are at least 50:50 that this group is about to get into another war with some crazy doctor/mad scientist group and he (and more importantly Eugene) would have gotten dragged along into it.

As it turned out Abe probably got the best of both worlds. He got to leave for DC at last and he got the part of Rick’s group which was probably the least prone to wander off and waste time (now that they were together that is) and also probably the least antsy to get into a fight that can be avoided. In Glenn, he also gets the best scavenger and improviser of the lot and one he knows and trusts from their time together on the road pre-Terminus.

I beleive this train of thought is supported by the fact that he asked for Glenn and Maggie specifically by name from the beginning - he got exactly the people he wanted the most. It wasn’t like “Ok, I want Michonne, Glenn and Carl”, “My son’s not going anywhere,” “Fine, Michonne, Glenn, Maggie,” “No, you can have Tyrese and Father Gabriel.” “The f..k I will! Glenn, Michonne and I’ll give Tara back.” “Ok how about Glenn and Maggie and you can take the bus too if you keep Tara”, “Ok, whatever, Deal.”

• Love 7

Apart from who stayed/who left being part of a specific deal that was struck because of an immediate issue at the time (which is another discusssion that has beaten around quite a bit), I’ll take my viewers hat off and try to get into the character mindset of Abe on a more general macro level on this issue:

Very good post! You made great arguments.

I will put up some more unsolved Mysteries of Abraham since I do sincerely believe you get in the mindset of Sgt. Ford. And God knows I can't understand some things about him.

Why did AF say--right from the first meeting---that they were going to Washington? Why doesn't AF say anything about the CDC? Many people here have asked why our group doesn't bring it up...I want to know why AF and Eugene don't.

Didn't Eugene say it would be cured by fighting fire with fire? Pathogen to pathogen? Few places where pathogens would be better handled than the CDC.

Does AF know the place went boom? I'd think he'd have said we headed there first but it's history which is why we need to go to DC faster than ever. He's in the Greater Atlanta area...at least bring it up with the locals.

He's military? Then he would know that the CDC didn't disappear from a building fire or even a strike from a chopper...that huge place was obliterated. He---as military--would know about Wildfire protocols, and that the place had a self-destruct because of the nature of it's work. And that self-destruct is out of human dabbling by accident...it would only happen if a TEOTWAWKI situation.

To me that would indicate that the CDC personnel had no expectation that Washington would have a last-chance-saloon solution---and those people ought to know,

right? Why would AF think he--or Eugene--would know more than they did?

Why doesn't AF consider what viewers know---that if Eugene dies the "cure" dies with him. AF can protect Eugene perfectly from external threats, but that's only part of the problem. Hell, Eugene Porter could have a heart attack or get botulism from a can of spaghetti-o's or just trip on his bootlace hit his head on a rock and die. Actually, EP is a bit overweight (especially under these circumstances, curiously) he could have a stroke or diabetes develop or anything.

I'm just wondering...why are AF and RE so against Eugene sharing the info? Does AF really want to save the world...or only if Eugene saves it and if anyone else has the cure the world can go to hell?

I don't buy the you wouldn't understand it and you don't need to know crap.

I'm not trying to understand the science.I don't need to know how to write the chemical formula for what's in a fire extinguisher to hand it off to a fireman. FFS write it down so if you croak I can give the info to DC and we''ll build a EP statue someday but the cure needs to be recorded.

Logistics-wise, AF has some good ideas. But if those ideas are in the service of idiocy, then he's still an idiot.

I like how you explained AF's decisions about the group, who he took, why he might be better away from Rick's Band of Meandering Yahoos.

I just need a look in Abe's head to know why? why?

• Love 5

Yeah, the CDC thing has always bugged. Why does no one mention it? The only good reason I can come up with is that the audience is supposed to forget it. Kirkman very much disliked that storyline, isn't in the GN, it's not an arc he ever would have pursued if he'd had his way, precisely because of what we're discussing now. It messes with the Eugene/Abe/Rosita/Washington DC arc in a huge way. So, the answer is stop asking so many questions; better yet, forget all about it. The characters certainly have.

• Love 7

I was about to post the same as JBody. I think it's kind of forgotten because it's not comic-based. I didn't know that Kirkman wasn't a fan. Huh. Was that part of why Darabont was fired?

Funny that Glenn mentioned Jim, who was left on the way to the CDC

• Love 3

Oh, wow.  Nice bit of information there, JBody.  I'm wondering, too, if that's why Darabont bit the dust.  I've read rumors that it was because he butted heads with Kirkman.  Yes, that story line very much gets in the way of The Three Stooges' plot so no wonder things aren't adding up.

I watched the first season again yesterday. *hangs my head in shame*

Edited by NurseGiGi
  • Love 4

Welp if you were ever on TWOP you probably saw my rants about Darabont. It was about money and the Kirkman thing probably didn't help matters. Yes mandolin when Glenn mentioned Jim I was like "and the CDC! Mention the CDC! The CDC dammit!" So close... Ah NurseGiGi no need for shame, we watch old eps all the time!

• Love 5

Awesome post!  I never really thought about it that way because Eugene might as well have a neon sign on that says "I'm full of shit!"  To think about it like someone actually believes him is interesting.

Yeah, the CDC thing has always bugged. Why does no one mention it? The only good reason I can come up with is that the audience is supposed to forget it. Kirkman very much disliked that storyline, isn't in the GN, it's not an arc he ever would have pursued if he'd had his way, precisely because of what we're discussing now. It messes with the Eugene/Abe/Rosita/Washington DC arc in a huge way. So, the answer is stop asking so many questions; better yet, forget all about it. The characters certainly have.

Damn too bad instead of forgetting the CDC they would have forgotten Eugene/Abe/Rosita and found a new and not walking cartoon way of heading towards DC.  I mean these people make me like  the regulars that I couldn't stand before.  I don't read the comics, but I'm praying for a big old Walker fight where they get gone real soon.

• Love 3

I just re-watched Nebraska, and Tony says they couldn't get anywhere near DC. Somebody could've mentioned that to Abraham as well. Or just asked, "how are you going to stay on the highways?" As some of you had mentioned they would be packed.

I guess it's just a reason to move the storyline along, sadly. We have wondered, what about going back to the prison? They've got more people and they probably could clear it. Start over.

Edited by mandolin
  • Love 4

“No, you can have Tyrese and Father Gabriel.” “The f..k I will!

That's one of Abraham's arguments I'd have to back up. He doesn't mind taking care of Eugene, aka "Baby Huey", but he's not running a daycare here.

But yeah, if no one could get near overrun Atlanta, how do they expect to get into Washington?

• Love 3
But yeah, if no one could get near overrun Atlanta, how do they expect to get into Washington?

Government zombies are less efficient. :-) 

My impression, and it could just be me maiing it up in my head, is that over the time of this series, the number of mobile zombies has been decreasing. As time goes on and they fall apart, or get stuck, or get killed (again) by survivors, their numbers go down. The pool of humans who could turn into zombies isn't gowing, it is decreasing as well (as they ether do die and turn, survive as humans, or are killed after/before turnng by other survivors).

Whether this is happening, and happening in enough numbers to make a large city safer, is unknown. But that's how I have been viewing it. At this point I sort of picture large herds of zombines wandering around the country, with lots of relatively clear space in between them.

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 1
I guess it's just a reason to move the storyline along, sadly. We have wondered, what about going back to the prison? They've got more people and they probably could clear it. Start over.

I don't know if any of them could deal with living in the prison again, after all that went down there. God knows I don't want to see that place again as long as I live. It's way too dark and depressing. 

• Love 3

It wasn’t like “Ok, I want Michonne, Glenn and Carl”, “My son’s not going anywhere,” “Fine, Michonne, Glenn, Maggie,” “No, you can have Tyrese and Father Gabriel.” “The f..k I will! Glenn, Michonne and I’ll give Tara back.” “Ok how about Glenn and Maggie and you can take the bus too if you keep Tara”, “Ok, whatever, Deal.”

I totally just had this conversation play out in my head with the actors' voices and mannerisms and just laughed my freaking head off.  Thanks for that!

• Love 6

We have wondered, what about going back to the prison? They've got more people and they probably could clear it. Start over.

Tyreese asked Carol and she said it's a graveyard. That's why they left a wonderful pecan farm with well water and a pump, a working gas stove, plenty of meat and nuts and peaches. It's a graveyard. The same way you can't take a radiator hose or a jug of water or a clean shirt from an abandoned car on the highway. Because it's a fucking graveyard.

News flash the whole world is a graveyard if you had as much consideration for the living as you do for the departed you would be better off.

If you showed people in the Sudan some clips of these people turning up their noses at perfectly good shelters and supplies for their children because somebody died there once they'd be like "You first-world bastards. Grow the fuck up."

• Love 15

Well yeah I did think that was Lori being all snobbish but I do think the prison is a total loss. It's even worse now; it had the huge breach in the back that Ty et al wandered through and with the Gov's tank having blasted the shit out of the front I wouldn't go back either. And I'm thankful for that because I was getting pretty sick of that set, to be honest.

• Love 5

Ok, but how about finding a DIFFERENT prison?  Yes, they have bad memories associated with that one, but it did prove safe for a while and, had our friendly neighborhood psychopath not come knocking, the group could have flourished there.  Unless these idiots want to wander forever, they need a stable place to set up shop and I really don't think the Episcopal Church of Pissy-Pants is it.  What the heck was Terminus before it became Terminus?  Was it a school?  A fortified warehouse space?  Someone in this group needs to start thinking about places that are likely to have some built in protections like the prison with it's double fences and towers.  What about army bases?  Yes, they would have been looted into nothing, but the fences and stuff would still be standing.  

Maybe now that they are all together again, it will come up in conversation that they need a place to settle.  I know that there are downsides to putting roots anywhere in the ZA, but I honestly think their chances are better doing that than roaming from place to place and running into unexpected hordes of walkers.  They could even take a few lessons from the Termites.  Cannibal assholes or not, they had a good idea with the fireworks to distract the walkers and lead them away from their safe haven.

• Love 6

I don't know if any of them could deal with living in the prison again, after all that went down there. God knows I don't want to see that place again as long as I live. It's way too dark and depressing. 

You know what I always wondered?  How could they live in there with the smell...No windows that opened and all those zombie prisoners in there for months and months and months....Can you imagine how bad that must have been?

• Love 1

Kinda getting caught up with this discussion...  I thought the best revenge for the SBF (Star Bucks FIve - love you who ever came up with that!) would have been turning the zombodies loose from the school and tying the coffee clatch to a tree for a smug-is-board.  Let them enjoy being slowly eaten alive...

The only real issue I took with the episode was how the locked door (that was opened pretty quickly by the SBF) was able to keep out a hoard of humans that were clamoring for their lives.  They had time to carve a message in the wall and couldn't jack the door lock?  It just made me do an eye-roll...

• Love 3

Ok, but how about finding a DIFFERENT prison?

True. No shortage of prisons! I was thinking about my old high school. That would have been a pretty good place to hole up. Solid brick construction, chain link fences, kitchens,shower/bathrooms, plenty of classrooms with some privacy (for those who wish it) machine shop, woodworking shop, cafeteria with lots of dishes, cleaning supplies etc etc. and much more cheerful than a prison. They could even have a game of volleyball!

Surely there must be some relatively untouched high school out in the middle of the woods, where they seem to stumble on everything else.

• Love 6

That carved message on the back of the church has bugged me since it's reveal.  Did one of the parishioners give up a chance to escape the walker horde eating everyone in order to stop and neatly carve a message to Father Pee Pee Pants?  Did someone who did escape come back later (to an area that had to be crawling with walkers since there would have been all those newly turned Episcopalians meandering about) in order to carve a message in the church?  Did NO ONE think about breaking a window to get in (Even a devout Catholic like my mom would be hurling a brick through her favorite stained glass window if it meant getting away from something that was going to kill her!) and yet did have the presence of mind to carve a message instead of, I don't know, running for their life? 

That stupid message is going to bug me forever.

• Love 4

I know this is wrong, but I'm laughing when we think: that housing choice is too dark and depressing when we are watching a show about the extinction event of the human race including children murdered, humans eaten alive, torture, sickness, kidnapping, rape, grief

Couldn't we see more lady-bug art? Pep up the tombs a little! Don't forget to karate-chop that fun, funky, tie-dyed throw pillow! What do you mean that's not a throw pillow? It's round and flattish and multi-colored and...oh. My mistake.

• Love 3

Government zombies are less efficient. :-) 

HA!  Priceless!

Tyreese asked Carol and she said it's a graveyard. That's why they left a wonderful pecan farm with well water and a pump, a working gas stove, plenty of meat and nuts and peaches. It's a graveyard. The same way you can't take a radiator hose or a jug of water or a clean shirt from an abandoned car on the highway. Because it's a fucking graveyard.

News flash the whole world is a graveyard if you had as much consideration for the living as you do for the departed you would be better off.

If you showed people in the Sudan some clips of these people turning up their noses at perfectly good shelters and supplies for their children because somebody died there once they'd be like "You first-world bastards. Grow the fuck up."

So much win in this post.

I remember when Tyrese and Carol left that orchard spread that I thought you'd have to add me to the graveyard before you could get me leave that place.  I'd at least stay til the gas was gone.

Hey, why wait for the zombie apocalypse?

http://news.yahoo.com/congo-crowd-kills-man-eats-him-militant-massacres-160235263.html

Edited by peach
  • Love 5

That carved message on the back of the church has bugged me since it's reveal.  Did one of the parishioners give up a chance to escape the walker horde eating everyone in order to stop and neatly carve a message to Father Pee Pee Pants?  Did someone who did escape come back later (to an area that had to be crawling with walkers since there would have been all those newly turned Episcopalians meandering about) in order to carve a message in the church?  Did NO ONE think about breaking a window to get in (Even a devout Catholic like my mom would be hurling a brick through her favorite stained glass window if it meant getting away from something that was going to kill her!) and yet did have the presence of mind to carve a message instead of, I don't know, running for their life? 

That stupid message is going to bug me forever.

I'm stubborn, but I'm still not buying the walker attack story. It may be seen that way elsewhere, but a lot of this tv show is original.

If it was walkers, where are the bloodstains splattered? Those are old boards with peeling paint; nobody scrubbed it clean in the last 30 years.

Why wouldn't they break in the windows indeed? Father Pee-Pants said he buried all the bones of all the parishioners. Really? Show us where, cos you could find a big ass ditch in the little graveyard even if grass grew over and you cannot dig a hole in thick woods, the roots would make it like trying to dig through chain link fencing.

I think they had to be people taken before the Termites were able to get their compound back from the marauders. They got out (is what Mary told Carol) and they eventually got it back. But where were they in the meantime? Just as our little group made it that far to escape Terminus, why couldn't Gareth and Albert and Mary and their friends? 

Gareth says he made the marks on the trees so they could find their way back---this time? Or is that what they did before? They needed a shelter, they were beaten and hungry and wounded (irony alert). But if they got out of a Terminus taken over by bad guy strangers... it's hard to see how they could have done that without getting some guns---just as our guys did.

Remember the odd problem of Father Pee-Pants story: He locked the place every night. He didn't open it till morning. Okay, that explains why parishioners didn't just walk in, but why didn't they break in...and how did Father Pee-Pants happen to be in there as his story supposedly claims he was inside and didn't let them in although just said he had locked up and gone home?

If you understand that better, explain and I'll happily admit defeat but I think there's much more to this man of the pee-stained cloth, and the much more would include selling your ass out to cover his own.

I call the church Our Father of Perpetual Agonizing Throbbing Guilt.

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 2

Another prison *shudder*  Ok, it might sound like a good idea if this were, err...  reality?...hmm... but it's a teevee show, a visual medium, and audiences get bored!  Gotta keep moving, new scenery, new sets, new red shirts, new fresh horrors!

Ah Father Pee Pants.  Someone (I'm sorry I can't remember who) suggested FPP himself carved that message into the clapboard.  Sounds as likely as anything.

Locked church: the reason it was so easy for the Starbucks nite crew to pop the lock and enter was that the Ricktator and his grimey crew wanted them to...  they're crafty like that.

• Love 4

One thing about the church -- like many here, I've long wondered why a good group of people (or even Walkers) couldn't have stormed their way in.  So, when the show was on I paid attention to one of two things: the doors did appear to be sturdy.  I didn't get a look at the lock.  Maybe it had a bar that you lowered?!?  The other thing I COMPLETELY forgot to look at was the windows.  I know in some churches, the windows are high up (I won't even get into the symbolism of that).  Does anyone remember about this church?  If the windows are high, that's why no came through the [bathroom] window (well, except for Joe Cocker).

I have always said, a group should be settling down somewhere and another group should be going to Washington, if only to see what kind of hair care products Abraham and Eugene use.  Now, how they stay in contact, I'm not so sure about.  Didn't someone say something about a SAT radio?? 

[Luckily, no one's paying close attention, but this conversation would probably be best in the Spec W/.Out Spoiilers, but I get tired of toggling back and forth.  Too much toggling makes you go blind, you know.]

Edited by JackONeill
  • Love 4
Unless these idiots want to wander forever, they need a stable place to set up shop and I really don't think the Episcopal Church of Pissy-Pants is it.  What the heck was Terminus before it became Terminus?  Was it a school?  A fortified warehouse space?

It was a railroad depot. 

You know what I always wondered?  How could they live in there with the smell...No windows that opened and all those zombie prisoners in there for months and months and months....Can you imagine how bad that must have been?

I think they'd just get used to it. I have small kids, one still in diapers. I used to throw soiled diapers in with the regular trash and it never bothered me. My husband would walk in the door from work and immediately smell it. So now I take them out right away. I don't know if it's the same principle with much stronger smells, but I do think after awhile you might not notice just how bad it is. 

• Love 4

Father Pee-Pants said he buried all the bones of all the parishioners. Really?

Seriously. It wouldn't be just a few bones,either. It would have a been a very large mound of half-eaten, half-zombified corpses, many of which would probably still be moving unless the attacking zombies had the sense to kill the brains, which I doubt.  Gee, Father Pissy-Pants, here you are, a man of the cloth and in the "House of God" and lying like this? For shame.

Ricktator and his grimey crew

RIcktator and the Grimey Crew!  Haha! Sounds like some post-apocalyptic grunge band!

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 2