Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

Tipsy girl is totally riffing on the success of skinny girl.  I'd probably be pissed if someone in my work circle was piggybacking on my success, too.    Hell, I just worked a project with a painfully lazy co worker who ended up doing about a whole tenth of the work and get equal credit.   I felt like going off Bethany style on her.    

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Tipsy girl is totally riffing on the success of skinny girl.  I'd probably be pissed if someone in my work circle was piggybacking on my success, too.    Hell, I just worked a project with a painfully lazy co worker who ended up doing about a whole tenth of the work and get equal credit.   I felt like going off Bethany style on her.    

Nah, Peter used Sonja and the show, not Bethenny, to promote the restaurant/wines. All Bethenny had to do is ignore it and not mention it at all to get her point across. She is the one that has given it life, not Sonja. LOL

• Love 7
(edited)

I wonder if Bethy ever has one of those, me-and-my-big-mouth aha-moments that most sentient beings experience.

Nah.

She's a master at creating her own agita and blames it on others. Like a 2 year old.

She didn't need to express that LuLu misspelled her name. 

And maybe she should have a look at her response to LuLu's treatment of Lu's chauffeur. I'd rather have to call my client "Countess" than deal with B's messy life. At least being called "Countess" could be considered protocol.

And had B not responded to what she considered to be Tipsy Girl provocations TG might have died a slow death.

She's her own worst enemy. (said Captain Obvious.) 

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 6

The United States Department of Forestry has announced that all wolves in the US National Parks have disavowed any knowledge of or relationship with Beffeny Frankell. Her claims to have been 'raised by wolves' have no merit and can be regarded as fabrication.

Happy Birthday Smokey Bear!!!

• Love 8

Responding to post in Steel Calzones.

Here are some SkinnyGirl numbers from 2014.

"Beam reported Wednesday that comparable sales of Skinnygirl Cocktails, the low-calorie alcohol brand created by ex-reality TV star Bethenny Frankel, plunged 26% last year. It was the worst performer of the company’s spirits, which saw sales increase 2% overall. A number of Beam’s brands, including Pinnacle, Laphroaig, and Knob Creek, saw double-digit sales jumps in 2013."

More info in the article but that stood out. Looks like their premium brands are doing well. SG? Not so much.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

Responding to post in Steel Calzones.

Here are some SkinnyGirl numbers from 2014.

"Beam reported Wednesday that comparable sales of Skinnygirl Cocktails, the low-calorie alcohol brand created by ex-reality TV star Bethenny Frankel, plunged 26% last year. It was the worst performer of the company’s spirits, which saw sales increase 2% overall. A number of Beam’s brands, including Pinnacle, Laphroaig, and Knob Creek, saw double-digit sales jumps in 2013."

More info in the article but that stood out. Looks like their premium brands are doing well. SG? Not so much.

Thanks for the article.  Interesting because Bethenny claimed on WWHL last year, Skinnygirl was the fastest growing liquor brand.  I think they just keep adding new flavors and wine.  One of the reps at her branding summit, maybe the Con-Agra rep said they needed something more than a new flavor.  All I see is weird stuff like flavors for soda streaming machines.  Are they even popular any longer?

On the Skinnygirl site they also claim there is still shapewear available at Nordstrom Rack.  I think she had health bars she developed with a guy named Matt, don't know about her 80 calorie protein shake (she described it is witchcraft), I guess at this point it is up to her partners to push sales.

It does make sense why she came back, but at this point after watching the First Look, Bethenny needs to be paying them for advertising time.

• Love 4

One question?

How many years did women fight to be recognized as equals and trying to overcome that "She must be OTR" stereotype? So, can we expect THAT excuse to come back into vogue?

Is that the de facto excuse for flying off the handle, berating the people around you and getting into name calling?

• Love 3

Gag.  I believe Beth's steri-strips are hanging out over the top of her bikini bottom.  Gross.  For the love of god, we know you to be photographed in a bikini as often as possible but can't you cover up your wounds for a couple of damn weeks while you heal and especially while you're cooking?

Why would she post this picture?  It's not like she didn't notice they were showing. 

bethenny-frankle-600x800.jpg

• Love 6

So now Bethenny is claiming that she wasn't upset with Sonja over the name, TG, or that she was getting into the liquor game but became upset when Sonja said that Bethenny was her "Mentor". LOL  Spin it Bethenny, SPIN it. LOL

Oh and is she alluding that Jules's/Michael's H house isn't theirs, that they don't own it?

She talks about others BS, she oozes BS from every cell in her body at this point. LOL

http://www.realitytea.com/2016/07/05/bethenny-frankel-doesnt-think-owns-word-girl-annoyed-sonja-morgan-called-mentor/

• Love 2
9 hours ago, ryebread said:

Gag.  I believe Beth's steri-strips are hanging out over the top of her bikini bottom.  Gross.  For the love of god, we know you to be photographed in a bikini as often as possible but can't you cover up your wounds for a couple of damn weeks while you heal and especially while you're cooking?

Why would she post this picture?  It's not like she didn't notice they were showing. 

bethenny-frankle-600x800.jpg

Um, is that a mini pad or what?   if you have some mini pad or bandages hanging out, may be wear a boy short bottom?  She looks so proud of being so......sinewey that's she's letting her pad or whatever hang out.   

• Love 2

lol, I wonder who has the 'job' of photo-ing beffeny and how do they get such wonderful subject matter?

"No, stand to the side of the BBQ......work it, work it......"

I find it rather hilarious that people who ask that their privacy be respected, never stop posting stupid pictures of themselves...

• Love 8
5 hours ago, WireWrap said:

So now Bethenny is claiming that she wasn't upset with Sonja over the name, TG, or that she was getting into the liquor game but became upset when Sonja said that Bethenny was her "Mentor". LOL  Spin it Bethenny, SPIN it. LOL

Oh and is she alluding that Jules's/Michael's H house isn't theirs, that they don't own it?

She talks about others BS, she oozes BS from every cell in her body at this point. LOL

I saw that article and then had to reference back to this scene: http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-8/blogs/bethenny-frankel/bethenny-frankel-i-hope-sonja   I brought you into my world.  Isn't that mentoring? 

I am getting the impression perhaps Bethenny does not understand the term "mentor".  She wanted Sonja to heed her advice that liquor doesn't work and its a vanity brand. Well I am thinking there may be another reality start somewhere that produces a product and gets massive exposure on a reality show and it is successful.  Mentor doesn't mean following advice.  It is too bad George Clooney and Randy Gerber didn't heed her advice before producing their vanity brand tequila.  (Casamigos)  If only they had known and not hired an expert to run their own distribution company.    http://casamigostequila.com/blog/2015/11/20/casamigos-spirits-company-annoucement/  Damn vanity brands.

Or this extensive article that refers to Bethenny has mentoring her co-stars less successful nail polish and clothing lines:  http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/09/21/perfect-pitching

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Um, is that a mini pad or what?   if you have some mini pad or bandages hanging out, may be wear a boy short bottom?  She looks so proud of being so......sinewey that's she's letting her pad or whatever hang out.   

OMG I missed that. Wow. And the boobs... 

She doesn't look as good as she thinks she does. 

Re: mentoring Sonja

Agree with WireWrap, spin spin spin. She's making me dizzy! 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

OMG I missed that. Wow. And the boobs... 

She doesn't look as good as she thinks she does. 

Re: mentoring Sonja

Agree with WireWrap, spin spin spin. She's making me dizzy! 

Maybe she should have put a Snoopy Band-Aid on it-like a little kid who wants sympathy for his boo-boo. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

And People published it!

No one told her.

Remember she wants a discussion about her gynecological problems.  Maybe she figures this will get people opening up a dialogue about  it.

• Love 2

However disappointed I may be in Bethenny -- I was a huge fan around RHONY Season 3 and BEA times, and I'm sad to see how she's devolved into such a hard, controlling person-- I will always feel sorry for her for the kind of mother she has.  Bernadette is vicious and incredibly cold.  (Her latest "interview" with Radar Online is below.)  She really seems terrifying to me.  Yes, Bethenny said stuff about her, and that sucks, but Bernadette calls Bethenny "the mother"-- so incredibly unfeeling.  If she's actually an awesome woman, and everything Bethenny said about her was wrong, she would seem kind, she would be trying to mend fences.  Instead, she's escalating the war.  Ugh!  

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/bethenny-frankel-mom-bernadette-birk-tells-all/

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, OhGromit said:

However disappointed I may be in Bethenny -- I was a huge fan around RHONY Season 3 and BEA times, and I'm sad to see how she's devolved into such a hard, controlling person-- I will always feel sorry for her for the kind of mother she has.  Bernadette is vicious and incredibly cold.  (Her latest "interview" with Radar Online is below.)  She really seems terrifying to me.  Yes, Bethenny said stuff about her, and that sucks, but Bernadette calls Bethenny "the mother"-- so incredibly unfeeling.  If she's actually an awesome woman, and everything Bethenny said about her was wrong, she would seem kind, she would be trying to mend fences.  Instead, she's escalating the war.  Ugh!  

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/bethenny-frankel-mom-bernadette-birk-tells-all/

These women do not have a good relationship.  I can certainly see where Bethenny gets her unfiltered mouth.  If Bethenny were truly trying to foster a relationship, I am thinking she should have kept it private.  Her mother's issue seems to be with Bethenny making her events of her childhood public and disparaging her mother.  So maybe the best route would have been to keep it private.   Bethenny went 15 years without speaking to her maybe it just needs to stay that way.  How is it Radar has Bernadette's number? 

Geez these women need therapy.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

These women do not have a good relationship.  I can certainly see where Bethenny gets her unfiltered mouth.  If Bethenny were truly trying to foster a relationship, I am thinking she should have kept it private.  Her mother's issue seems to be with Bethenny making her events of her childhood public and disparaging her mother.  So maybe the best route would have been to keep it private.   Bethenny went 15 years without speaking to her maybe it just needs to stay that way.  How is it Radar has Bernadette's number? 

Sorry, I just can't figure out why Bethenny took this public to begin.

That's not true, I can think of a reason but I feel bad even thinking it, so I will leave it at this.......It should have been kept private.

• Love 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I saw that article and then had to reference back to this scene: http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-8/blogs/bethenny-frankel/bethenny-frankel-i-hope-sonja   I brought you into my world.  Isn't that mentoring? 

I am getting the impression perhaps Bethenny does not understand the term "mentor".  She wanted Sonja to heed her advice that liquor doesn't work and its a vanity brand. Well I am thinking there may be another reality start somewhere that produces a product and gets massive exposure on a reality show and it is successful.  Mentor doesn't mean following advice.  It is too bad George Clooney and Randy Gerber didn't heed her advice before producing their vanity brand tequila.  (Casamigos)  If only they had known and not hired an expert to run their own distribution company.    http://casamigostequila.com/blog/2015/11/20/casamigos-spirits-company-annoucement/  Damn vanity brands.

Or this extensive article that refers to Bethenny has mentoring her co-stars less successful nail polish and clothing lines:  http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/09/21/perfect-pitching

That New Yorker article was a great piece. Beth never mentioned really mentoring her co-stars, the author did. Still it was one sentence in a really good article. Anyone interested in Beth - love her or hate her - I recommend it. It explains better than anything I've read how her business works and why she is successful. 

The thing with the mentoring is interesting, and I think it shows how the goal post moves with Beth. That really a lot of folks hate her and will always hate her or look for new reasons to hate her. On this very forum, there were literally tons of comments from folks proclaiming that Beth had never mentored Sonja. Sonja was saying it (I even quote from Sonja's blog where she made the assertion), and others said "no way". This is Sonja being confused. I believe several folks said that perhaps Sonja didn't know the meaning of the word "mentor" because she was using it wrong. They were just work friends, nothing more. She never mentored her. She took her to one meeting last season. I believe the assertion was that she took her to the meeting more for herself than she did for Beth. Others claimed she was hateful and rude to Sonja when she attended the business meeting. Hardly mentoring. Now Beth is saying that she wasn't Sonja's mentor and that is "spin", even though this is what the vast majority of folks were saying just a few episodes ago. Beth hate is heavy. Beth has said from the beginning that she was pissed at Sonja because she was trying to use her. Use their relationship and Beth's brand as her storyline. Because she knew that it would get press and attention. She is saying the same thing now. Sonja is trying to act like they had some type of arrangement, and use it to explain why she is shocked that Beth is upset. How could Sonja have known that Beth would be upset with someone she had mentored? They were so close. Sonja thought it was a compliment and Beth would take it as such. Of course it's all bullshit and I don't see any way in which it has changed. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Wow, Beth's mom really is as fucked up as Beth has always said. How sad this all is. 

• Love 4

I'm not quite ready to blame Birk for Bethy's fuckedupedness. I think there's more to the story and plenty of blame to go around. I'm going to guess that Bethenny was even more than a strong-willed child with a motor mouth. Not excusing! Just wondering. 

I don't think her mom came off all that badly in the  radaronline thingy. Haven't we really only heard Bethy's take on it? And her mother has been hearing the same raised-by-wolves-orphan mantra that we have. 

• Love 3

I clearly stated the article mentioned Bethenny mentoring.  My point is Bethenny does not know what the word mentor means.  It simply means to advise or teach as a verb, or to be an advisor or teacher as a noun.  Bethenny attended two business meetings with Sonja and weighed in with her opinion.  One could also call it advice.  Bethenny has said repeatedly she went on the show to use it as a vehicle for her brand-so to turn around and accuse others of using her to advance their brand is the height of hypocrisy.  I gave Bethenny too much credit, I always felt like she was advising Sonja to get serious and more directed about her clothing line.  That would be advise giving or mentoring.

It is not about finding new ways to dislike Bethenny, it is about accountability.   I feel Bethenny used last season's scenes with Sonja to highlight her "know-it-all".  Now she wants to step away and call it something else.

This whole situation arouse over Bethenny on her radio rehashing the Sonja situation.  I find it odd and contradictory, because she had just given this story:    http://www.people.com/article/bethenny-frankel-on-fight-with-luann-de-lesseps  She doesn't leave it on the court, she talks about it off screen.  I am sorry but I do think Bethenny talks a lot about the others after filming is completed and I don't think she has off season relationships any longer with Luann, Sonja or even Dorinda.

8 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

That New Yorker article was a great piece. Beth never mentioned really mentoring her co-stars, the author did. Still it was one sentence in a really good article. Anyone interested in Beth - love her or hate her - I recommend it. It explains better than anything I've read how her business works and why she is successful. 

The thing with the mentoring is interesting, and I think it shows how the goal post moves with Beth. That really a lot of folks hate her and will always hate her or look for new reasons to hate her. On this very forum, there were literally tons of comments from folks proclaiming that Beth had never mentored Sonja. Sonja was saying it (I even quote from Sonja's blog where she made the assertion), and others said "no way". This is Sonja being confused. I believe several folks said that perhaps Sonja didn't know the meaning of the word "mentor" because she was using it wrong. They were just work friends, nothing more. She never mentored her. She took her to one meeting last season. I believe the assertion was that she took her to the meeting more for herself than she did for Beth. Others claimed she was hateful and rude to Sonja when she attended the business meeting. Hardly mentoring. Now Beth is saying that she wasn't Sonja's mentor and that is "spin", even though this is what the vast majority of folks were saying just a few episodes ago. Beth hate is heavy. Beth has said from the beginning that she was pissed at Sonja because she was trying to use her. Use their relationship and Beth's brand as her storyline. Because she knew that it would get press and attention. She is saying the same thing now. Sonja is trying to act like they had some type of arrangement, and use it to explain why she is shocked that Beth is upset. How could Sonja have known that Beth would be upset with someone she had mentored? They were so close. Sonja thought it was a compliment and Beth would take it as such. Of course it's all bullshit and I don't see any way in which it has changed. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

I'm not quite ready to blame Birk for Bethy's fuckedupedness. I think there's more to the story and plenty of blame to go around. I'm going to guess that Bethenny was even more than a strong-willed child with a motor mouth. Not excusing! Just wondering. 

I don't think her mom came off all that badly in the  radaronline thingy. Haven't we really only heard Bethy's take on it? And her mother has been hearing the same raised-by-wolves-orphan mantra that we have. 

I feel like Bethenny felt the need to bring up her mother as a deflection from her bad behavior this season.  The Reunion films pretty quick and my guess is we are going to have to hear about this interlude which is unfortunate because it was never part of the show.  It is masterful misdirection.  No one can say anything but they feel bad for her. 

• Love 4

Have we actually heard anything directly from Bernadette?  Surely if she wanted to, she would've contacted ET or somesuch by now to say her piece.  And if the video rags didn't want her, I'm sure there's a podcaster out there, in the sea of podcasters, who would be happy to hear Bernadette's side.  But nothing, right?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

I'm with you on this. The only times we hear from her is when Bethenny has spoken about her in a negative light and/or for publicity/attention. I'm not so sure I could stay quiet if someone was trashing me or if they were embellishing the truth/outright lying to gain sympathy for a reality TV show or their Radio show. As I said earlier, there was no need for Bethenny to reveal this attempted reconnect other than sympathy for her behavior on the HW show this season, she is using it for damage control IMO.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I don't want to see someone's bloody pad especially when they are cooking and leaning it over people's food. 

Maybe she thinks it's cool or funny since Brandi from RH of BH was photographed leaving an event with her tampon showing? 

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I'm with you on this. The only times we hear from her is when Bethenny has spoken about her in a negative light and/or for publicity/attention. I'm not so sure I could stay quiet if someone was trashing me or if they were embellishing the truth/outright lying to gain sympathy for a reality TV show or their Radio show. As I said earlier, there was no need for Bethenny to reveal this attempted reconnect other than sympathy for her behavior on the HW show this season, she is using it for damage control IMO.

There is little nugget from a couple of months ago.  You can find online other instances of her mom speaking out on one topic or another. Always to make Beth look bad. In this article about Beth's health scare she says she doesn't know what is going on in Beth's life and she doesn't care. She minimizes any potential health scare and says it might just be a cosmetic procedure. She doesn't need to weigh in but she does anyway. 

http://www.inquisitr.com/2877623/rhony-star-bethenny-frankels-mom-says-her-mystery-illness-is-no-big-deal/

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

There is little nugget from a couple of months ago.  You can find online other instances of her mom speaking out on one topic or another. Always to make Beth look bad. In this article about Beth's health scare she says she doesn't know what is going on in Beth's life and she doesn't care. She minimizes any potential health scare and says it might just be a cosmetic procedure. She doesn't need to weigh in but she does anyway. 

http://www.inquisitr.com/2877623/rhony-star-bethenny-frankels-mom-says-her-mystery-illness-is-no-big-deal/

Big deal. I don't think Birk said anything different than what many others have been saying. I think I read that she called Bethy a "drama queen" and that seems appropriate for this health "scare".

"Whether or not Bethenny Frankel’s medical problem is a serious one is unknown. Considering her mom’s comments, it doesn’t seem as though the issue is as dire as the show is making it appear. Whatever the case, Frankel is expected to have surgery to fix the problem, which is one of the reasons behind Frankel’s request for a living will. After all, even minor surgeries have a share of risk involved."

And just, please, spare me the living will crap. Drama on top of drama. Pfft.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

First the tabloids are contacting her, not the other way around. Second, they contact her when Bethenny goes into her "I have no family" or "I was raised by Wolves" routines and Bethenny was doing the "I have no family" act, "I am all alone and have to have surgery, poor, poor me, boo hoo hoo". Should B's mother keep her mouth closed....YES but then again, so should B about her mother. Bethenny uses her mom/childhood to get sympathy when she gets called out on her own bad/nasty/cruel behavior and her mother refuses to go along with it or take any of the blame for her adult daughters actions. Also, her mother isn't seeking out the tabloids/press/fame like B is, the tabloids are seeking out her mom. Again, should her mom keep her mouth shut when the tabloids call her, YES, but Bethenny shouldn't try to use her in the press or on the show to get sympathy either. Bethenny keeps pulling her mother into it on purpose because it distracts viewers from her own cruel behavior seen on the show, so instead of viewer backlash, she gets sympathy by using the "I had a bad childhood" routine. Just this past episode Bethenny was getting reamed out on her/Carole's behavior towards Jules and low and behold she "shares" the story about Bryn/Mother/former step dad on her radio show, her mother makes a statement to ROL (who contacted her) and she is now getting sympathy galore. Bethenny is a master at using others, be it her her fellow cast members/mother/father/step father/Jason and now even Bryn, in order to turn the tide from against her to for her.

• Love 8

I think Bethenny's mom is probably not the greatest shakes - she made Bethenny after all.  And her latest round of quotes have done nothing to make her sound any better.  But I can't blame her for being bitter after Bethenny raised all of their dirty laundry on TV.  However, Bernadette is doing herself no favors by giving all of these shrewish quotes that just reinforce Bethenny's narrative of her.

Um Bethenny, why the need to go in an trash Jules about her home ownership? WTF did she ever do to you? Are you threatened that she is really a skinny girl or something?  She is an admitted anorexic, her marriage is a wreck and all you have done is criticize her, her husband, and her home openly.  Back off.

• Love 7

Also didn't Bethenny have the fibroid surgery in May?  I don't think she would still have the steri strips?  

B posted that pic on her Instagram quite some time ago. 

Also didn't Bethenny have the fibroid surgery in May?  I don't think she would still have the steri strips?  

• Love 1

Re Beth and Mom?

Two needles will never prick each other.

--------------------------

I know a woman who was 'raised by wolves' - the stories she tells about growing up, are the worst ...

Then I started to wonder where the eff her stories came from, since I grew up in the same house?

When I hear about how terrible beffy's childhood was, I start to laugh and think about how much is hyperbole and how much is the truth?

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, jinjer said:

I think Bethenny's mom is probably not the greatest shakes - she made Bethenny after all.  And her latest round of quotes have done nothing to make her sound any better.  But I can't blame her for being bitter after Bethenny raised all of their dirty laundry on TV.  However, Bernadette is doing herself no favors by giving all of these shrewish quotes that just reinforce Bethenny's narrative of her.

Um Bethenny, why the need to go in an trash Jules about her home ownership? WTF did she ever do to you? Are you threatened that she is really a skinny girl or something?  She is an admitted anorexic, her marriage is a wreck and all you have done is criticize her, her husband, and her home openly.  Back off.

I don't think Bethenny is able to comprehend the idea that some people-regardless of their level of fame choose not scratch open every scab and pop every blister for the viewing public to dissect.  It started with Luann and Bethenny's refusal to be compassionate regarding the end of her marriage.  Just because some do not rise to Bethenny's level of vomiting up all situations in  their lives does not make them less than or dishonest.  Sometimes a child's feelings are worth protecting, or a parent's or a spouse's or a sibling.  It is once again Bethenny demanding others live their lives by her standards or they are somehow flawed.  Not everyone is super organized or demanding of anting everything right now.  That is what bothered Bethenny Jules and her husband were comfortable with the build out on their time frame. 

The back and forth between Bernadette and Bethenny is what Bethenny lives for.  Part of adult child/parent child relationships  is that at some point and I will say the age of 40 or when you have children all sides need to behave like adults.

Just now, QuinnM said:

The photo is from this past weekend-she is BBQ for the 4th of July party.  Her Instagram reads 2 days ago. 

• Love 3
(edited)
56 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

First the tabloids are contacting her, not the other way around. Second, they contact her when Bethenny goes into her "I have no family" or "I was raised by Wolves" routines and Bethenny was doing the "I have no family" act, "I am all alone and have to have surgery, poor, poor me, boo hoo hoo". Should B's mother keep her mouth closed....YES but then again, so should B about her mother. Bethenny uses her mom/childhood to get sympathy when she gets called out on her own bad/nasty/cruel behavior and her mother refuses to go along with it or take any of the blame for her adult daughters actions. Also, her mother isn't seeking out the tabloids/press/fame like B is, the tabloids are seeking out her mom. Again, should her mom keep her mouth shut when the tabloids call her, YES, but Bethenny shouldn't try to use her in the press or on the show to get sympathy either. Bethenny keeps pulling her mother into it on purpose because it distracts viewers from her own cruel behavior seen on the show, so instead of viewer backlash, she gets sympathy by using the "I had a bad childhood" routine. Just this past episode Bethenny was getting reamed out on her/Carole's behavior towards Jules and low and behold she "shares" the story about Bryn/Mother/former step dad on her radio show, her mother makes a statement to ROL (who contacted her) and she is now getting sympathy galore. Bethenny is a master at using others, be it her her fellow cast members/mother/father/step father/Jason and now even Bryn, in order to turn the tide from against her to for her.

How does anyone know the tabloids are contacting her? Is there evidence to show that she doesn't contact them? Regardless, she is the one deciding to speak. Then there is this..

http://hollywoodlife.com/2012/03/26/bethenny-frankel-jason-hoppy-bernadette-burk/#!

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, motorcitymom65 said:

How does anyone know the tabloids are contacting her? Is there evidence to show that she doesn't contact them? Regardless, she is the one deciding to speak. Then there is this..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2045755/Why-Bethenny-Frankels-estranged-mother-believes-reality-TV-stars-marriage-end-divorce.html

I guess it is possible that she is contacting them but the articles read as if they are contacting her.  Again, as I said, I do think Bernadette should keep her mouth closed when it comes to Bethenny but Bethenny keeps using her on both shows. And I fully believe that Bethenny does it on purpose to draw attention away from her nasty/mean/cruel behavior towards others and sadly it seems to work every single time. Heck, Bethenny used this tactic on Heather last season but instead of using her mother, she used Jason/divorce/Bryn/custody. It is a go to with Bethenny, get the viewers feeling bad for her because of her childhood/divorce/shared custody and they will forget, or at the very least, forgive her and support her. It is a smoke and mirrors tactic. 

As for the DM article, Bernadette pretty much said what Ramona said to Bethenny on the bridge and sadly, it turned out they were both right.

• Love 6

The photo is from this past weekend-she is BBQ for the 4th of July party.  Her Instagram reads 2 days ago

We've seen it before.  Same hat and suit and same burgers. 

22 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

We've seen it before.  Same hat and suit and same burgers. 

Well wearing the same hat and same suit doesn't make the photo old.  I think the issue is why she would pose with some type of material crawling out the front of her suit. 

• Love 2

Well wearing the same hat and same suit doesn't make the photo old.  I think the issue is why she would pose with some type of material crawling out the front of her suit. 

Probably dressing from the surgery since it was first on her feed shortly after surgery. 

• Love 1

Bethenny was doing this, five weeks after her surgery.  Proving to the masses, via Instagram, that she's an Invincible Yoga Master!

Who knew spontaneous headstands were part of the recovery process from major abdominal surgery!!  It's a good guess that if she was showboating like this so soon after surgery, she disturbed the incision and part of it opened up.  Which would explain why she's still wearing steri strips. 

What kind of idjit does a handstand after, essentially, having a C-section to remove her fibroids? 

The same one that posed for Us magazine in a bathing suit three weeks after a real C-section, bragging that she was back down to a size four.  Skinny Girl is thirsty.

1275421753_bethenny-1.jpg

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/6/2016 at 9:46 AM, NewDigs said:

It's impossible for a woman to be a great mother and have the relationship she has with Bethenny.  They haven't spoken for years and the woman said she has no feelings for Bethenny at all.  Our definitions of "coming off badly" differ greatly.

On 7/6/2016 at 11:09 AM, NewDigs said:

Big deal. I don't think Birk said anything different than what many others have been saying. I think I read that she called Bethy a "drama queen" and that seems appropriate for this health "scare".

"Whether or not Bethenny Frankel’s medical problem is a serious one is unknown. Considering her mom’s comments, it doesn’t seem as though the issue is as dire as the show is making it appear. Whatever the case, Frankel is expected to have surgery to fix the problem, which is one of the reasons behind Frankel’s request for a living will. After all, even minor surgeries have a share of risk involved."

And just, please, spare me the living will crap. Drama on top of drama. Pfft.

It's a huge deal.  Birk is not any stranger off the street or a random message board poster -- she's her mother.  Family and friends are not supposed to publicly take on the same tone as a detractor -- especially a mother.  Obviously, the woman is fucked up to speak about her daughter that way.  Parents raise kids, not the other way around.  

Edited by Talented Tenth
  • Love 9
(edited)
4 hours ago, ryebread said:

Bethenny was doing this, five weeks after her surgery.  Proving to the masses, via Instagram, that she's an Invincible Yoga Master!

Who knew spontaneous headstands were part of the recovery process from major abdominal surgery!!  It's a good guess that if she was showboating like this so soon after surgery, she disturbed the incision and part of it opened up.  Which would explain why she's still wearing steri strips. 

What kind of idjit does a handstand after, essentially, having a C-section to remove her fibroids? 

#tbt means Throwback  Thursday. That is not a current photo.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, shoegal said:

#tbt means Throwback  Thursday. That is not a current photo.

So she stood on her head THREE weeks post surgery?  J/K.  Point taken.

Still dumb to drop yer bag on the sidewalk to do a headstand.  Dumber still to wear the stringiest of sting bikinis when your steri strips are showing.

• Love 4