Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Home Sweet Zombie

Hope it's okay that I started this.

Aw, man.  We got like 5 mins of ZNado, tops.  They could have easily stretched that out for the whole episode or even two episodes.  It must be a budget thing.

On the other hand, they did actually make use of the magical power grid this episode by electrifying the fence.  I'm not sure why electricity would stop a Zombie, though.

This was all a little too serious for me.  The character sitting in the chair while the house collapses around her (how did she survive that?) is something straight out of Season 1 of TWD.  Keep it stupid and funny, show.  If the show starts pulling more of this angsty stuff, I'm going to start expecting things like continuity and scientific reality.  I did think the actress did a good job, and I didn't really think much of her at the beginning of the season.

And you never, ever take shelter in a car during a tornado.  Geez.

• Love 7

I did find this episode boring. The woman waiting for her man during the storm. Insane.

Hopefully this episode was one of a kind that won't be used as a model for the next episodes. 

• Love 2

I enjoyed it, as there's only one episode left & we got a lil more info on at least one character. When Roberta was sitting in that chair as the tornado was bringing the house down, I truly thought that fireman was her zombified husband attacking her & unable to bite because of his mask, but I guess it was just her fantasy?

Murphy looks SCARY now & I think that theory about him is dead on the money.

6 days to wait?!

Grrrrrrrr.....

Only one episode left??? Damn, this show is my Friday night guilty pleasure. I love the balance between the grim premise and campy fun. The actors pull it off and the FX are pretty good for SyFy. Wonder who will bite the bullet next week. 

• Love 2

Why were the firefighters still in their bunker gear ?  It's the Amish zombies with their hats still on all over again.

Keep it stupid and funny, show.  If the show starts pulling more of this angsty stuff, I'm going to start expecting things like continuity and scientific reality.

Yeah -- They need to pick one take and stick with it.   Stupid and funny is fine by me.

They certainly are moving fast across country -- Washington, D.C. to St. Louis and nothing special happened, but probably took them several weeks to get there.

Still loving Doc and 10K, especially Doc's quips like "anyone got a mint ?" after siphoning gas.

When that couple alluded to 'the firefighter' told them to go to that house, I was thinking maybe Roberta's husband was still alive and that was him when he appeared in the storm to cover her.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1
When that couple alluded to 'the firefighter' told them to go to that house, I was thinking maybe Roberta's husband was still alive and that was him when he appeared in the storm to cover her.

I'm choosing to believe he was alive and did protect her in the storm, but died doing it and turned into the zombie seen at the end of the show. 

• Love 4

So far I have enjoyed this show. We need the stupid and funny aspect of it. I love that so far they haven't taken themselves too serious. Last night episode had lots of funny stuff, doc asking for a mint and needing help in drilling a hole in the guys head. Sure, this isn't TWD but I don't want it to be.

• Love 2

I'm choosing to believe he was alive and did protect her in the storm, but died doing it and turned into the zombie seen at the end of the show.

Ooh, ooh, good idea, I'm going to think that too!

This was all a little too serious for me.

Yes it was, but they're trying to give us some more background to the characters, I guess.  I was guessing next week it's Addy's turn but now that I know that's the final episode, I'm not so sure.

• Love 1

I had come to the same conclusion about Roberta's husband.  Obviously there was ONE fireman alive in the town and, since we never found out who it was, I am going to go with it being the husband.  I think he came home, knew they were going to die/tried to protect her, and was killed.  That kind of makes sense with the dead fireman at the end.

• Love 1

This ep was some sort of dream sequence, right? Green clouds? Z-nado? It takes 20 minutes for the znado to arrive and then it suddenly disspates? Murphy shaving his head? Robert's husband showing up as the hosue fell around her?

How come no one is questioning Murphy's appearance?  I mean when he had hair he just looked dirty.  Now that he's clean shaven, he looks gangrenous.  Honestly, I'd make him sit in the back of the pick up just in case he turned. 

Also, why take a fire engine?  Sure it has fuel but I'm guessing it's more of a gas guzzler than the truck. 

Edited by maczero
  • Love 1

Why is it only a six episodes season? That's odd, isn't it.

According to epguides.com, there are 8 episodes.

I saw that scene with Warren and her husband as just a hallucination on her part.  I did think that zombie fireman at the very end was her husband.  Murphy does look disgusting now, and I wonder how long it will take for the others to get that something is very wrong with him.

• Love 3

Get outta town!  It never crossed my mind that it was anything other than her dead ghosty-angel husband who came to protect her.  You know, "not your time to die yet, darling; still got a job to do."

And I thought zombie husband shambling around at the end confirmed that.

Fire engine?!  What's that, about 4 mpg?  Gonna need more mints.

That was the Z-nado? Seriously? I am going to need more zombies flying through the air, show! It could have been glorious, but it was just sad.

I am also going with firefighter died helping her, that's why we saw another zombie firefighter at the end. If she had gone downstairs, he would have followed herand they both would have made it.

I will try not to use logic, with this show.

I think guys hair is falling out, so he decided to shave it all off, so they would not notice he is slowly turning.

• Love 4
I think guys hair is falling out, so he decided to shave it all off, so they would not notice he is slowly turning.

Also, the guy was looking kind of greenish to me.  Frankly, I didn't understand how they didn't notice he was turning.  Or maybe they did, and they just want to get him to the destination ASAP? 

I didn't think Murphy shaved his head, I thought all his hair just fell out as he was standing there (makes as much sense as anything else on this show).  I am not sure how the rest of the gang didn't notice there was something going on with him...the new "look", his behavior with the zombie in the basement...it was all just weird enough that someone should have been like "what the hell is up with Murphy?!"

• Love 3

When this episode first started I thought it was a dream sequence what with the 2 frolicking in the yard and them having electricity for coffee.

I guess I need to just go with the flow and not try to apply logic to this.  And please, keep the angst away from my cheese.

• Love 2

OK I'm a TWD watcher and am enjoying this too!!  I agree, angst free cheese plz.  I almost stopped after Harold Perrineau got killed but am glad I kept with it.  

Loved Doc ordering a chocolate shake and fries when Citizen Z was broadcasting thru the drive through.

Murphy bald actually looks worse than with long dirty hair.  Kinda interested in whatever effects the bites are having on him though.

This show is gory, silly and fun.  BUT if the dog dies I don't think I can watch :(

• Love 5

OK I'm a TWD watcher and am enjoying this too!!  I agree, angst free cheese plz.  I almost stopped after Harold Perrineau got killed but am glad I kept with it.  

Loved Doc ordering a chocolate shake and fries when Citizen Z was broadcasting thru the drive through.

Murphy bald actually looks worse than with long dirty hair.  Kinda interested in whatever effects the bites are having on him though.

This show is gory, silly and fun.  BUT if the dog dies I don't think I can watch :(

I'm a TWD fan too and I've gotta say I am loving the criss-crossing of plot twists between the two shows. It's almost like there is some industrial sabotage going on,  lol.

I'm not annoyed at all, seems like it's a draw which show gets the jump on the other. Laugh out loud funny at times, but still with some peril and pathos.

• Love 1

I saw that scene with Warren and her husband as just a hallucination on her part.  I did think that zombie fireman at the very end was her husband.  

I'm with you, if he really did die trying to protect her from the storm that puts her in the Rose from Titanic school of killing the man she loves by trying to be with him when she should just look to her own safety and trust him to do the same.

• Love 1

This wasn't my favorite episode. I'm not sure if Warren's husband was a zombie who still wanted to save her, a human who saved her and then died, becoming a zombie, or a hallucination. And 10K and Cassandra were complete idiots. Why would they get into a car rather than any of the buildings? I did laugh at Addy and Mack's excitement for totally naked sex, only for Addy to keep her bra on. I also liked the clips of the other random survivors listening to Citizen Z's broadcast and then wondering who Addy was.

• Love 2