Type keyword(s) to search

How It's Going to End - speculation

Quando

I've been watching old episodes of this show and, last night, I realized that I don't really miss Tara. I mean, I was indignant about her death but it was less about her and more about the fact that it was Gemma who did it. Sad. Tara was really the only hope those kids had (unless Wendy holds it together and lives).

I was also reminded that...man, Jax actually wasn't a total idiot at one point. Oh, and the show used to be a lot more fun. Now, I just want it to end.

• Love 5

I've been watching old episodes of this show and, last night, I realized that I don't really miss Tara. I mean, I was indignant about her death but it was less about her and more about the fact that it was Gemma who did it. Sad. Tara was really the only hope those kids had (unless Wendy holds it together and lives).

I was also reminded that...man, Jax actually wasn't a total idiot at one point. Oh, and the show used to be a lot more fun. Now, I just want it to end.

Same!  I've been doing some re-watching ( to refresh my memory, and also to remind myself that at one point this show was really great.)

I think Tara was kind of a wet blanket throughout.  I guess that was the point, the outsider looking in. but I agree, the fact that Gemma did it, bothers me more than the actual death.

• Love 5
I think Tara was kind of a wet blanket throughout.

For me, a lot of it had to do with the actress who played her.  She just didn't have a pleasant-looking face, even though I didn't think she was ugly or anything.

• Love 2

I've been giving this some thought and I don't think Jax will kill Gemma.  I think he will definitely cause her to suffer.  If she does die, it won't be by Jax's hand.  I feel that killing Gemma is not a psychological line that Jax can cross.  Anyone else have any theories as to how Jax and Gemma will end?

• Love 1

I mentioned this in the episode thread, but I wonder if Gemma would be so scared if getting killed that she rats out the club? I mean in the end Gemma is all about herself. Jax would go to prison, Gemma witness protection and the kids foster care. It would be the shakespeare type tragedy Sutter always talks about. Especially if the loss of family Gemma always talks about. Especially if it is revealed after the fact that Jax had no intention of killing Gemma.

I mentioned this in the episode thread, but I wonder if Gemma would be so scared if getting killed that she rats out the club? I mean in the end Gemma is all about herself. Jax would go to prison, Gemma witness protection and the kids foster care. It would be the shakespeare type tragedy Sutter always talks about. Especially if the loss of family Gemma always talks about. Especially if it is revealed after the fact that Jax had no intention of killing Gemma.

I like this idea!  It would be like Gemma making the same mistake that caused this whole mess all over again! (killing Tara when she wasn't going to rat on the club).  And it would protect my sweet Gemma from death--which I desparately don't want to see happen.

Still Gemma ratting on the club would be huge for her.  Although if you think about it, Tig and Chibs are the only ones left from 'the old days'.  This isn't the same club it was at the beginning of the series.  Does the club mean as much to her now?

I did like Tara.  I thought she was perfect for Jax and perfect for "the life".  She was a genuine threat to Gemma both in the fact that it wasn't ever overtly stated because it didn't have to be and that she was also smart and, because Jax was initially portrayed as smart, she was a great partner and foil for him.  (That is a terrible sentence but gets across what she meant as a character.)  I really enjoyed her presence.

As an actor, she has little charisma for me -- I didn't cotton to the actress much.

The character?  Yeah.  I thought she was great.  Perfectly suited for her role and an awesome character to take over for Gemma.

Gemma's (I think) fatal mistake (on a lot of levels) was to kill her.

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 1
Guest Accused Dingo

Tara and Jax were one of the few Heterosexual pairings i shipped. I actually enjoyed them together especially early on. It wasn't until they had Tara in jail that i actively disliked her. Her sudden turn made no sense to me. To be honest I was hoping she would win in the end and do something so Gemma like to out Gemma Gemma.

As of right now, i am of two minds. A part of me wants Gemma to pay for every bad thing she has ever done. A part of me wants her to win. She is the ultimate villian in the story and if the villian is to win... This is the story for it.

Edited by Accused Dingo

I like this idea!  It would be like Gemma making the same mistake that caused this whole mess all over again! (killing Tara when she wasn't going to rat on the club).  And it would protect my sweet Gemma from death--which I desparately don't want to see happen.

Still Gemma ratting on the club would be huge for her.  Although if you think about it, Tig and Chibs are the only ones left from 'the old days'.  This isn't the same club it was at the beginning of the series.  Does the club mean as much to her now?

I guess it would be even more Shakespearean/tragic if whoever she made the deal with lied to her that only other guys from SAMCRO would go to jail. Then at the last minute things got pulled out from under her and Jax was arrested too.

I think the IDEA of the club, rather than the members, mean more to Gemma at this point. Which could then lead to her choosing family over the club.

Tara's murder screwed her in multiple ways, though. If Jax knows she did it, even if she avoided jail, he would either kill her or banish her. If she ends up in jail and Jax never knows (due to his death), she still loses her family. I don't think there is any info about the club valuable enough to give her immunity from prosecution for Tara's murder. It seems like the only way she could get away scot-free would be if EVERYONE died, except Thomas. Because Abel will probably never trust her again.

I think that Jax will be meeting the Reaper in the last episode, at the hands of all the outlying SOA chapters, for the murder of Jury. As for Gemma, I don't know if Jax will do the deed; she might live, but with no family, no Nero, and no club.

Cannot WAIT until tonight's ep!

As for Gemma, I don't know if Jax will do the deed; she might live, but with no family, no Nero, and no club.

A scenario that popped into my head last night was Gemma choosing to kill herself. I pictured the final showdown between Gemma and Jax with Gemma ultimately ending it herself to save him from having to make the choice.

However, the problem with that scenario is it's Gemma we're talking about.

• Love 1

What if Jax confronts Gemma and

she has a heart attack? I mean she collapsed when she found out Abel was missing in Season 3.

Perhaps Jax never has the opportunity to do the deed?

Don't know if I need to use the spoiler since it's a speculation thread, but there you go!

Edited by Disraeli Ears

I had a dream the other night that Gemma, exiled from the club and having lost both Jax (he was dead) and her grandkids, completed the circle and became the new crazy dumpster lady. A few years had passed and a young, adolescent Abel crossed paths with her by some park, but he didn't recognize her and she was too far gone to acknowledge him. The last image in my dream was of Abel turning around, picking up his bicycle and riding away with Thomas, ending the series on scene that looked much like the photo of Jax and Opie as kids.

I'm not really sure how the show will wrap up, but my mental version was pretty satisfying.

• Love 1

I was thinking too recently how it would be fitting how if Gemma became the new crazy dumpster witch lady. It would fit too since she has nothing left. Plus she is already talking to Tara's ghost so crazy homeless person isn't too much of a jump.

I was also thinking that in the end SAMCRO needs to dissolve and be no more (if not the entire sons of anarchy). I mean they don't really have much left. Plus John Teller's book is called "the life and death of SAM Crow" so seeing the death would be fitting. Especially since Jax totally ignoring everything that John talked about would cause the death. Plus it would also be fitting that no law enforcement agency would be able to bring SAMCRO down, but internal crap would.

Plus it would also be fitting that no law enforcement agency would be able to bring SAMCRO down, but internal crap would.

I think the most fitting thing of all is how much damage Gemma has caused. All of the decades she's spent scheming and manipulating, spouting her mantra of the club first and she's the one who brings it to destruction.

I have been reluctant to post this theory as I am fairly new to the SoA forum but not to the site and I am not known here. My theory goes way different than anything posted so far.

Here goes:

Nero sells his part of Diosa to Alvarez and I think that is his Get out of Jail Free card. He takes his son and gets out. Marks' organization is in tatters. The Chinese are in tatters. The only things left are the Mayans, the Niners, and the Sons. The Sons don't do drugs and they no longer run the guns, yet they are responsible for most of the destruction. If you're Alvarez and Tyler, why do you need the Sons? Why not take them out as well?

Every President and VP of the Sons within driving distance is on their way for Jax's Mayhem vote. At some point, they will all be in one room along with all the local members. Why not just blow the thing up? Eliminate the whole structure of the Sons?

• Love 2

One Episode left.  My Predictions for the final episode:

• Jax cuts a deal with the DA-- he's essentially cleaned up most of the streets, she doesn't touch the club
  • The Grim Bastards get patched over
  • The Mayhem vote- will the club be unanimous?- still up in the air about this one.
  • Jax dies a la Butch and Sundance
  • I am hopeful for one last Venus sighting!
  • Love 2

Throwing a long ball on this one:

Most of the club, sans Jax, get arrested conspiracy to murder the black cop. When the blond lady cop who Unser helped save (Eggly?) finds out about her death, her "memory" comes back and she tells the cops SAMCRO was at the scene of the killing. Jarry may tip off Chibs, the rest get busted. 

When Wendy finds out about Gemma and Unser, she runs in horror to the farm. Jax doesn't chase after her. Jax gives JT's manuscript to the other SOA presidents and rides off to die where his Dad did, ridding the club of its poision -- Himself.

• Love 2

I realize I may be hoping against hope (and logic) here, but I want a semi happy ending.  Let at least Nero take the kids to the farm. I don't really care if Wendy is there or not. Have someone find and publish that book JT wrote which causes the downfall of SAMCRO permanently.  Have Tig & Venus go away together. Bonus points for a flash forward to Abel reading his father's letters in a therapist office as a teen. Jax can either die or be left broken and alone as penance for all his sins.

• Love 3

I am of the belief that Jax was asking the council for his own crew to kill him to honor the mayhem vote. It would kind of be a reflection of Gemma's urging him to follow through on killing her.

However, this morning I woke up thinking about the homeless lady. She has to be an angel, since she transported herself hundreds of miles away without benefit of a car.  So, I think she will appear in the road when Jax is riding the blue bike and he will swerve and die in an accident.  It might even be in the same spot where JT died, especially since the angel is likely Brook's Mom, who was also killed there.

My idea of a happy ending is the same as someone else mentioned in one of these threads... the two boys in a loving adopted family and all these dirtballs dead.  (Well, maybe not Wendy).

Nero's been in on the killing too and therefore gets no redemption from me.

This isn't really how it will end speculation, but more speculation on what could have been. I have no idea where to put this except here. This started over the past few days as I was (once again) contemplating my unabashed girlcrush on Kozic (RIP). I got to thinking of how many great or potentially interesting characters were brought on and then went away and also how many worthless plotlines were brought on and then went away, trying to figure out where the series lost its way.

I think it lost its way when they went to Ireland. To me that was the WTF moment- how does this 3rd tier MC have worldwide franchises? These international gunrunners? LMAO.  And characters that were introduced and then never heard from again? Trinity and Maureen. Tell me what the point was of that entire plotline. There wasn't one.

David Hale- great character. Would have been interesting to see he and Unser play off of each other like a Greek chorus.

Elliott Oswald- had the potential to go someplace. Never did.

The ADA dude- creepy, weird, everyone had a visceral dislike. Why do that?

I never bought the whole Aryan Nation/Zobelle plot line either. It seemed jammed in there , almost like Henry Rollins and Adam Arkin had a beer with Sutter and said they loved the show.

The original Niners guy- he was interesting, put together. It would have been interesting to watch a young black man battle Marks for Pope's territory.

Every other cop on the show- the endless string of Roosevelt, Jarry, Eggly, whoever- not a one of them moved the plot forward. You could make an argument for Roosevelt, but that was circumstantial, not character driven.

Stunt casting- Stephen King worked. Courtney Love worked. Marilyn Manson worked. Lea Michele? Not so much. Was she really that bad or did Sutter get pissed that her publicist went to town leaking her appearance and "candid" photos? Maybe she was originally supposed to have a bigger role. Who knows?

The Hispanic priest- that could have gone somewhere, especially after we later find out Gemma's a preacher's daughter. Alas, another random.

Quinn and Montez and Rat- who are these guys again? Why are they there? Seat-fillers? Do any of them actually have any character or plot? Unless one of them turns out to have some major play next week, why bother? Were they just out of bodies?

Kozic- loved the actor and the character. There was great potential in 3 Sergeant at Arms in one charter and the pissing contests that could have resulted from that. But no.

• Love 2

I really think that everything Jax did in episode 12 was set up based on him assuming that he would get the reaper vote, so that he doesn't have to live with all the shit he did. But I really think that there will be some kind of twist at or near the end of the episode, and instead of getting the reaper vote he just gets kicked out of the club. So then he has to live with all the things he wasn't expecting to have to live with.

There is going to be a huge explosion involving Jax. All they find left of him is his sore foot with tennis shoe in place. Meanwhile, we find Nero back at the farm feeding the animals with Jax hobbling along side of him. Wendy and the kids will be in the background. Happy ending.

• Love 1

I really think that everything Jax did in episode 12 was set up based on him assuming that he would get the reaper vote, so that he doesn't have to live with all the shit he did. But I really think that there will be some kind of twist at or near the end of the episode, and instead of getting the reaper vote he just gets kicked out of the club. So then he has to live with all the things he wasn't expecting to have to live with.

I was thinking that he's assuming he won't survive the vote so he's tidying his affairs the best he can, and leaving his club as safe as possible.  He's arranged to have two mostly decent people, who want OUT of the thug life, take his kids away from the carnage as well. I'm thinking Jax will die, either intentionally or accidentally, on his daddy's bike and we later find out that he was going to be spared, so it's supposed to be tragic or something. Personally, I'll be pissed if Jax survives the series. He doesn't deserve to, IMO.

I'm pissed that he didn't put a fork in Gemma's head. He didn't blame the Chinese guy for killing Tara because he was just 'following orders', but Jax tortured and killed him the same way Tara died. Yet his mother, who did actually kill Tara, lied about it, and started Jax on an all-out gang war...she gets a nice stroll through her childhood home's garden and a bullet in the brain. Far too nice an exit, IMO.

Edited by NoWillToResist

Personally, I'll be pissed if Jax survives the series. He doesn't deserve to, IMO.

Personally he deserves to live, because living with all the terrible things he has done and all the things he has lost would be way worse than just being killed. Especially if he gets kicked out of the club, since then basically he would be on his own (although I guess he would still own T-M).

Personally he deserves to live, because living with all the terrible things he has done and all the things he has lost would be way worse than just being killed. Especially if he gets kicked out of the club, since then basically he would be on his own (although I guess he would still own T-M).

I don't want him to live because I'm scared to death that he'll stay part of Abel and Thomas's lives, and his poisonous self needs to stay the fuck away from those kids, IMO.

Otherwise, I'd agree. Same with Gemma. I wanted her live out the rest of her miserable existence alone, knowing that she had destroyed and alienated everyone around her.

Or maybe the limping last episode is for his leg to give out?

Could the limping be arthritis?  Maybe everything will go perfect for Jax, they won't want to kill him, he will find some way to keep being president of the club, only to realize that he has arthritis in his leg and won't be able to ride a motorcycle for very much longer (similar to Clay and his hands) and when he can't ride he is out of SAMCRO.

Since Gemma died last week, I won't get my wish that she dies alone and abandoned on death row.  However, I'd still like to see the final scene is a view of the futures of Able and Thomas.  Abel is a prosecuting attorney who takes a hard line against crime.  Thomas is a pediatric heart surgeon who pioneers new techniques and saves countless baby's lives.  Both boys think of Wendy as their mother, but Thomas knows all about Tara and carries her picture with him.  Wendy is in a happy, healthy relationship and has been clean and sober for years.  The boys know their father was a murderous president of a motorcycle club, but have few memories of him since he was murdered in prison when they were young.  Wendy never talks about Gemma and the boys have only vague memories of her.  For the most part, it's as if she never existed for them.  

• Love 4

Maybe the limp is arthritis and we find out Clay was Jax's real dad! Dun-dun-DUUUUN!

Which would mean just about nothing at this point.

It would be kind of awesome if the last chapter of JT's book talked about how he was pretty sure that Clay was Jax's father. But Jax never bothered to finish the book so he never found out.

• Love 3

Since Gemma died last week, I won't get my wish that she dies alone and abandoned on death row.  However, I'd still like to see the final scene is a view of the futures of Able and Thomas.  Abel is a prosecuting attorney who takes a hard line against crime.  Thomas is a pediatric heart surgeon who pioneers new techniques and saves countless baby's lives.  Both boys think of Wendy as their mother, but Thomas knows all about Tara and carries her picture with him.  Wendy is in a happy, healthy relationship and has been clean and sober for years.  The boys know their father was a murderous president of a motorcycle club, but have few memories of him since he was murdered in prison when they were young.  Wendy never talks about Gemma and the boys have only vague memories of her.  For the most part, it's as if she never existed for them.  

I think about 3 seasons ago I would have said "No way" to Wendy having the kids, but shes grown to be the only one who actually has their best interests at heart. Im actually hoping that the boys stay far away from the club and break the cycle as well. They have been through enough