Type keyword(s) to search

S5.E1: Costume or Couture?

• Start Topic

These ladies have not learned the lesson of the Real Housewives of Dallas.  A show that is all conflict is going to get cancelled.  Dallas had too many fights and got canned. 

That wasn't the whole issue with Dallas. Atlanta and Potomac haven't been canceled for having too many fight...yet.

A better comparison is probably New Jersey, which while not canceled, will most likely be having a huge reboot.

• Like 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Slider said:

These ladies have not learned the lesson of the Real Housewives of Dallas.  A show that is all conflict is going to get cancelled.  Dallas had too many fights and got canned. 

Fights and unfortunately multiple cast members who were racist. It's a shame because Dallas was a favorite of mine until it got ugly. Jersey was also really good until the fighting got even worse and split the group.

As far as Salt Lake, I've enjoyed it since season 1. We'll see how the rest of season 5 goes.

I had no idea Meredith keeps getting breast reductions. Didn't Seth say he actually wanted her to get breast implants like Whitney's a season or two ago? I thought that was a gross thing to suggest, and it sounds like his wife is the last person who needs them anyway. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 3
21 hours ago, Arynm said:

Whitney took a beating and frankly she deserved it. Everything the other ladies said was correct, but Whitney is either too stupid or arrogant to listen.

Looks like a great season is ahead.

Whitney is both. On top of having an annoying voice.

18 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Everyone bring your most extra Mormon to compete to be on the show! Instead of celebrating Valentine’s Day, it seemed like they were celebrating Festivus with the airing of grievances. I thought for sure they had to edit it with every woman screaming across the table at a different person at the same time, but then the camera pulled back… and they were legitimately all screaming at each other at the exact same time. But speaking of editing, that was some superb cinematography in the cold open quick navigation to everyone’s homes with ominous voiceovers. It was all kind of downhill from there. Except for Angie’s scroll. I love me a good shady prop—and even better everyone detailing the amount of work Angie must have put into this craft (eg, there was even a string)! Other obscure objects include Bronwyn’s “costumes” and Meredith’s home, which looks like a community college student center.

Meredith has a new rental every season.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Fights and unfortunately multiple cast members who were racist. It's a shame because Dallas was a favorite of mine until it got ugly. Jersey was also really good until the fighting got even worse and split the group.

As far as Salt Lake, I've enjoyed it since season 1. We'll see how the rest of season 5 goes.

I had no idea Meredith keeps getting breast reductions. Didn't Seth say he actually wanted her to get breast implants like Whitney's a season or two ago? I thought that was a gross thing to suggest, and it sounds like his wife is the last person who needs them anyway. 

I think breast reduction is code for downgrading one's implants. Meredith had implants (or larger implants) a couple of seasons ago. Does anybody remember the strange look of her breasts ("breastplate"), especially in confessionals? Women's breasts don't "grow". They become larger or smaller, depending on weight gain, or loss, because they are mostly fat tissue. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
On 9/19/2024 at 6:28 AM, Pi237 said:

Gotta love that Lisa’s still swanning in after everyone else sets it all up & unnecessarily moving furniture, just so she can say, ‘I worked so hard at this event!’

“I don’t like angles.”

Another Bronwyn. Shudder RHOC ptsd. 

But, I found it interesting that Lisa hired someone to put on the event...isn't that what she does on the regular?  Either she is too high and mighty to do it now or she doesn't want to stage her own events.  

ps.  I would hate to work for Lisa--angles?  Gimme a break!

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Slider said:

I’m disappointed that RHOD got cancelled, but I think addition other societal factors caused it to be cancelled (I’m still disappointed about it being cancelled)

• Like 4
5 hours ago, ZettaK said:

I think breast reduction is code for downgrading one's implants. Meredith had implants (or larger implants) a couple of seasons ago. Does anybody remember the strange look of her breasts ("breastplate"), especially in confessionals? Women's breasts don't "grow". They become larger or smaller, depending on weight gain, or loss, because they are mostly fat tissue. 

Oh yes.  The Wrath of Khan breastplate.

• LOL 9

Ah, SLC. Currently my favorite franchise. I love the kookiness. What other show will feature someone semi-seriously unroll a Scroll of Grievance at a party?

Whitney does seem to be good at articulating everyone else's flaws; I remember her naming Meredith's pattern of using some Mystery Trauma when people confront her about things. But I thought the other women had valid points about how Whitney never admits her own faults. I'm sure the therapy-speak makes it even more irritating.

I'm not a fan of Mary and I didn't want her back on the show, but her . . . "gift" is leveling reasonable ideas up to the strangest place:

Reasonable Statement: I don't prefer baths.

Mary Level: Baths give you yeast infections.

RS: Brittani doesn't seem to know much about high fashion.

ML: Brittani's coat looks like dyed German Shepherd fur.

RS: I'm cutting back on meat for health reasons.

ML: That slab of meat will sit in your colon for nine months.

• Like 1
  • LOL 14
19 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Pretty sure she’s a pill popper- benzos by the way she slurs.  But maybe painkillers too, people have unnecessary surgeries just to get them.

100%. What was with that whole "my boobs keep growing back" nonsense?

(small voice) I don't hate Whitney (small voice). Minority opinion, I know, but if she had a different voice, I don't think she'd face as much ire. It's the childlike whininess that's irritating. Much of what she says is often on point.

Bronwyn seems older than 39.  

Brittani is just a friend of? She's not included in cast photo on Bravo

Capture.JPG

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Ah, SLC. Currently my favorite franchise. I love the kookiness.

I am trying to get there with you.  Unfortunately, I was mostly annoyed with the episode.

I wonder why Bronwyn's costumes bother me but Ayan's from RHODubai do not.  That get up with the swimwear (I guess that is what it is?) with the coat and boots was just dumb.  She isn't tall enough and her legs aren't all that.  I live in Colorado Springs and somebody walking around in that outfit (even at the Broadmoor) would probably be laughed at.

Right now Heather annoys me the least and I can laugh at Lisa's angle-hating.

If Ms. Vanderboom keeps bringing it with RS/ML, I'll be able to tolerate Mary more.  She has to be just about the creepiest HW ever.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
18 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

But, I found it interesting that Lisa hired someone to put on the event...isn't that what she does on the regular?  Either she is too high and mighty to do it now or she doesn't want to stage her own events.  

ps.  I would hate to work for Lisa--angles?  Gimme a break!

Well if you have an event at a venue you are "hiring" them to put it on.  She has that in common with Mr. P - I can always tell when he has dusted the living room because all my photo frames are lined up like soldiers!  I have to re-angle them 😂. I like Lisa, and she usually is my pick for best dressed. That Bronwyn looked like a total asshole wearing the leopard bathing suit into a restaurant.  Her name is stupid too, although that may or may not be her mother's fault.  And I agree with her that she doesn't seem attractive enough to be a trophy wife 😄. I thought the woman in her great grandma's red fur looked fine, unlike Mary, whose coat was another asshole display.  I'll take an unpopular opinion and say I like Whitney better than Mary and Meredith - low bar I know.  Meredith needs to find a new "thing" - her husband's taint has ruined baths for her, IMO 😖

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
On 9/18/2024 at 9:47 PM, Panda Bear said:

It was deeply satisfying for me to see Meredith, Lisa, and Heather say all of that to Whitney. I just wish she'd actually listened. I find her intensely annoying. 

This whole episode was very funny, though. I know a lot of people hate her, but Mary always makes me laugh. And Meredith's obsession with baths! She must know it's preposterous to say things like "You stole my bath line" but she plays it so straight. 

Pretty sure she’s a pill popper- benzos by the way she slurs.  But maybe painkillers too, people have unnecessary 

Agree. Meredith sounds drugged to me with the exaggerated slowness of the way she talks. I can hear slurring sometimes too. I can't get past to it. I don't like listening to her at all. 

Wow, big pile on for Whitney. 

Heather's face looks so different. Wonder what work she had done? It's not just weight loss. The shape of her face looks different. Good work by the surgeon. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 2
(edited)
On 9/19/2024 at 12:15 PM, Juneau Gal said:

Ugh I hate Whitney. Because she has that glazed over look and baby voice people think she’s a dummy. Girl is no dummy. She can flip and spin a conversation in an instant when it’s not going her way. She flat out willfully misinterprets and lies about what was just said.  It’s so frustrating for me to watch because I loath that behavior. If there is even a hint of her being called out she over-talks and then leaves, usually screaming about people are using her body parts or past against her………which they are not. 
Ugh, hate her! 

And she won't admit when she's been caught in a lie. Instead she said she never lies. That there shows how fake she is, because everyone lies. 

Interesting that Whitney and her hubby are married bliss now according to Whitney, given what they showed last year. So all those issues were just resolved? 

Wasn't there another Brownwyn or something close to it on another HW show? She was annoying and didn't last long.  I think she spelled her name Braunwyn, so not an exact match but close. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
Looked it up. She was RHOC. She and her husband divorced after she left the show.
  • Like 4

Meredith sounds drugged to me with the exaggerated slowness of the way she talks

They don't call her Monotone Meredith for nothing.

“I don’t like angles.”

And that explains Lisa's hairstyle.

• LOL 6
(edited)
On 9/20/2024 at 3:09 PM, RealHousewife said:

It's a shame because I liked the Dallas show. I wish they would bring it back. 

Yes, Seth wanted to Meredith to get breast implants, which she did. Meredith saying she needs a breast reduction wasn't entirely honest. What she meant is she wants to get smaller implants. I doubt her natural breast tissue is growing as she said unless she gained weight. I think something was off with her implants and she's trying to resolve it without saying it outright. Her breasts looked odd in several THs last season, as Zettak and others have mentioned. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

It's a shame because I liked the Dallas show. I wish they would bring it back. 

Yes, Seth wanted to Meredith to get breast implants, which she did. Meredith saying she needs a breast reduction wasn't entirely honest. What she meant is she wants to get smaller implants. I doubt her natural breast tissue is growing as she said unless she gained weight. I think something was off with her implants and she's trying to resolve it without saying it outright. Her breasts looked odd in several THs last season, as Zettak and others have mentioned. 

I hope they bring Dallas back too. It's cool seeing a different vibe from BH or OC. That's part of why I enjoy Salt Lake. I love seeing cities like New York on TV, but I also like seeing glamorous women in more "normal" cities. 

I remember being confused when Seth said that because I thought Meredith already had large breasts that appeared enhanced. I figured he preferred a faker look like Whitney's or something. Most guys say they prefer natural or natural-looking at least, but there is the occasional guy that loves that bolt-on look.

Now Meredith is talking like she just can't help all her breast tissue no matter what she does, definitely confusing. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 5
On 9/18/2024 at 10:47 PM, Panda Bear said:

This whole episode was very funny, though. I know a lot of people hate her, but Mary always makes me laugh. And Meredith's obsession with baths! She must know it's preposterous to say things like "You stole my bath line" but she plays it so straight. 

I thought it was hilarious too, thanks in large part to the editors. The grand announcement about going inside, followed by the creaking garage door? *chef’s kiss* 

I wonder how many viewers checked out Whitney’s bath bombs after this episode? Honestly, Whitney should send Meredith a thank you note. 

• Like 2
On 9/20/2024 at 10:02 PM, Stats Queen said:

I’m disappointed that RHOD got cancelled, but I think addition other societal factors caused it to be cancelled (I’m still disappointed about it being cancelled)

RHOD in its heyday could hold its own! Stephanie always seemed too sensitive and kind to be a HW, and I’m really hoping she didn’t turn out to be one of the racist ones. Anyway, that show will live in my Hall of Fame forever for Most Convoluted/Tangential Reason to Have a Cast Trip - “My father-in-law went to Thailand and we can’t get him to come back, soooo… girls’ vacay!” 

I digress. 

Anyway, I really love RHSLC. All of the women seem to be playing caricatures of themselves (except for Mary who is either really being herself or who is a comedic genius) but it all just seems to work. 

• Like 6
(edited)
On 9/21/2024 at 6:03 PM, Sweet-tea said:

Agree. Meredith sounds drugged to me with the exaggerated slowness of the way she talks. I can hear slurring sometimes too. I can't get past to it. I don't like listening to her at all. 

Wow, big pile on for Whitney. 

Heather's face looks so different. Wonder what work she had done? It's not just weight loss. The shape of her face looks different. Good work by the surgeon. 

Heather dissolved her facial fillers. She doesn't have the square jaw bulldog look anymore. She might have done more. Her face looks more delicate now.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 9/21/2024 at 1:31 PM, princelina said:

😂That Bronwyn looked like a total asshole wearing the leopard bathing suit into a restaurant.  Her name is stupid too, although that may or may not be her mother's fault.  😄😖

Sorry, for the life of me I couldn't delete the emojis.

It's funny how some find certain names unusual or stupid.  In my 300 count senior class (in a hometown mainly comprised of Irish and Scottish families) in the late seventies there were three Bronwyns.  I don't find it to be a stupid name at all.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

It's funny how some find certain names unusual or stupid.  In my 300 count senior class (in a hometown mainly comprised of Irish and Scottish families) in the late seventies there were three Bronwyns.  I don't find it to be a stupid name at all.

We had a Braunwyn, (she spelled it like this), in our school too, (70's era), I never thought about the origin of her name but I thought it sounded so romantic like something from a bodice ripper novel.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Sorry, for the life of me I couldn't delete the emojis.

I was going to say the same! I’ve come across multiple Bronwyns in my life (graduating HS in the late 90’s on Long Island, FWIW).  When the other Braunwyn was on RHOOC and people were mocking the name as weird, I thought that was so interesting! 

(edited)

Ew. Why did they bring back that old mush mouth, thievin' Elmer Gantry fashion victim Mary? Such a sad old rube masquerading as something she's not. That is one miserable old wretch. I think Christ wishes he could file suit against her every time she barks up. Thievin' old succubus. 🤮

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
23 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Heather dissolved her facial fillers. She doesn't have the square jaw bulldog look anymore. She might have done more. Her face looks more delicate now.

That's good to know. Her face wasn't a good advertisement for her business.  All those fillers made her face look squared off.  Judging from her friend (her name is escaping me- red fur coat), she is probably a client there, as well.  

• Like 1

It's weird how so many celebrities use filler to plump up their faces, and now the latest trend is buccal fat to hollow out their cheeks. Make up your mind.

Neither look is flattering IMO. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 4

Not sure how I feel about Bronwyn. I actually liked the red coat (for this specific occasion/themed party), but she definitely falls on the costume-y side of fashion.  Like Sutton from RHBH, designers see her coming a mile away and offload stuff marked way up that they know they couldn't otherwise sell at half price. But they leave happy and ego-stroked, and the designers make back some $ they otherwise would have lost, so... win/win?

That said, I think she's smarter than many and some of her reaction shots revealed a quick assessment of needing to contain a natural reaction and proceed with caution because she's on national television.  I admire wariness in a new housewife, especially if you get a genuine glimmer of her real feelings first. 

Hoping they re-signed Mary because they're anticipating another raid/indictment.  She does occasionally have a great quip, but the prosperity gospel/cult stuff is foul. 

• Like 9
On 9/19/2024 at 6:44 AM, Chatty Cake said:

They cast a new obnoxious asshole but this one didn’t sleep with her brother in law so I guess they’re ahead. Plus seeing her out and about in her goofy costumes is somewhat entertaining.  German Shepherd coat was right Mary.  Just because Dolce (or Gabana) wrote in sharpie  all over a coat doesn’t make it fashionable. 
I enjoyed the pile up on Bobble Head at the end. Especially Heather mimicking her voice about exploiting her vagina.  Now it seems like Bobble will replace the exploited vagina with trauma. 
Meredith and Whitney arguing over bath bombs was also strangely entertaining. 

Okay so so far I like new Bronwyn. At first I was like oh girl, no you are doing TOO much but then in her talking head, when she described her style as fun, chaos... or something like that I was like oh, okay... I mean can't knock her for what makes her happy and then she really won me over when she mentioned that she was currently dressed like a Tim Burton character and yet it makes her feel fabulous. Look, she knows it's not everyone's cup of tea but the authenticity and self awareness works for me. And last but not least, I thought her going into detail regarding the heart coat would be a little cringe and braggy but miss Britt said let's discuss the coat and all Bronwyn did was give us the designer and background I wasn't mad at her and what actually made me like her even more was when she said "You can love or you can hate it but NOT costume." Very mindful very demure... ;-) LOL oh that and when she said Brit and these words, we need to get her a thesaurus and she wasn't wrong cause Brit was just completely putting her foot in her mouth. Well that, and obviously trying to have her own "housewives moment" in order to be relevant and of course Mary is going to be the ONE to start with cause we all know Mary offends easily. So I gave that whole interaction a side eye. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 6
4 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

Okay so so far I like new Bronwyn. At first I was like oh girl, no you are doing TOO much but then in her talking head, when she described her style as fun, chaos... or something like that I was like oh, okay... I mean can't knock her for what makes her happy and then she really won me over when she mentioned that she was currently dressed like a Tim Burton character and yet it makes her feel fabulous. Look, she knows it's not everyone's cup of tea but the authenticity and self awareness works for me. And last but not least, I thought her going into detail regarding the heart coat would be a little cringe and braggy but miss Britt said let's discuss the coat and all Bronwyn did was give us the designer and background I wasn't mad at her and what actually made me like her even more was when she said "You can love or you can hate it but NOT costume." Very mindful very demure... ;-) LOL oh that and when she said Brit and these words, we need to get her a thesaurus and she wasn't wrong cause Brit was just completely putting her foot in her mouth. Well that, and obviously trying to have her own "housewives moment" in order to be relevant and of course Mary is going to be the ONE to start with cause we all know Mary offends easily. So I gave that whole interaction a side eye. 

Thanks, I forgot German Shepherd coats name. Brittany. 
She was very gracious to Brownwyn  because that ridiculous looking red heart coat looked exactly like a costume. Her and scribble coat Mary can act like they are the epitome of fashion but they are both fools who like overspending. Mary on labels and Brownie on shit like that ugly ass coat. 
Brownie can tell us she’s edgy and daring or whatever else she says to deflect from being married to an old fatty who lets her waste his money on ugly costumes. If she makes it to a second season she’ll probably start having marital issues like Whitney did with her own old chunk.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Gotta love Mary rhapsodizing about the steak sitting in her colon for a year and how unhealthy that meat was. Because nothing screams healthy like a Filet O' Fish and nuggets from McD's that she was chowing down on in the limo last season. 🙄

Side note: I love McD's nugs. 🤭

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
On 9/18/2024 at 11:47 PM, dancingdreamer said:

I hate when they all SHOUT over one another,  my poor closed caption  cannot keep  up. 

Bronwyn  , that looked more like a costume, sorry Mary, not sorry. Bronwyns face looked okay in her TH, but when she was outside,  she looked older. Verdict  is out on her, I'm learning  towards like. Britani looked so different  in her TH, than she did in the picture  with Mr Osmond. I don't  mind Mary,  she comes out with a few zingers that make me laugh. 

And at the party. She looked really hard. I can tell Bronwyn's clothes are going to bug me.  BUT, I find her interesting.

I hate when they all SHOUT over one another,  my poor closed caption  cannot keep  up. 

Bronwyn  , that looked more like a costume, sorry Mary, not sorry. Bronwyns face looked okay in her TH, but when she was outside,  she looked older. Verdict  is out on her, I'm learning  towards like. Britani looked so different  in her TH, than she did in the picture  with Mr Osmond. I don't  mind Mary,  she comes out with a few zingers that make me laugh. 

And at the party. She looked really hard. I can tell Bronwyn's clothes are going to bug me.  BUT, I find her interesting.

• Like 1

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Thanks, I forgot German Shepherd coats name. Brittany. 
She was very gracious to Brownwyn  because that ridiculous looking red heart coat looked exactly like a costume. Her and scribble coat Mary can act like they are the epitome of fashion but they are both fools who like overspending. Mary on labels and Brownie on shit like that ugly ass coat. 
Brownie can tell us she’s edgy and daring or whatever else she says to deflect from being married to an old fatty who lets her waste his money on ugly costumes. If she makes it to a second season she’ll probably start having marital issues like Whitney did with her own old chunk.  

I mean, unnecessarily calling someone's outfit a costume rates lower on my list than someone who is quirky in their fashion choices. And let's be honest, high fashion has some real scary pieces in ALL collections. Couture has a looooooonggggg lived history of outer space clothing so I mean like Brownwyn said, you can love it or you can hate it but you can't deny it has a respected place in fashion whether or not it seems crazy for some. I personally can't stand the atrociousness that come down the "High Fashion" runways but I'm not the one that makes the rules. LOL. 

Pretending something isn't what it is just cause we find it ludicrous doesn't change the fact that she is in possession of a rare coat made by one of the top designers. The part that I'm cool with is that she KNOWS its over the top and she KNOWS it's not just a lot but it is also falls on the side eye of most people's esthetics and yet she's elated with her choices and that's what fashion is supposed to do.  

Now don't get me wrong there is still plenty of time for Brownwyn to sour in my eyes but so far so good. 

She also won some points with me with the way she tried to calmly diffuse the ridiculousness that is Angie at the table. I'll take her crazy looking outfits over Angie's ridiculously rude "pick me" presence any day. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

I mean, unnecessarily calling someone's outfit a costume rates lower on my list than someone who is quirky in their fashion choices. And let's be honest, high fashion has some real scary pieces in ALL collections. Couture has a looooooonggggg lived history of outer space clothing so I mean like Brownwyn said, you can love it or you can hate it but you can't deny it has a respected place in fashion whether or not it seems crazy for some. I personally can't stand the atrociousness that come down the "High Fashion" runways but I'm not the one that makes the rules. LOL. 

Pretending something isn't what it is just cause we find it ludicrous doesn't change the fact that she is in possession of a rare coat made by one of the top designers. The part that I'm cool with is that she KNOWS its over the top and she KNOWS it's not just a lot but it is also falls on the side eye of most people's esthetics and yet she's elated with her choices and that's what fashion is supposed to do.  

Now don't get me wrong there is still plenty of time for Brownwyn to sour in my eyes but so far so good. 

She also won some points with me with the way she tried to calmly diffuse the ridiculousness that is Angie at the table. I'll take her crazy looking outfits over Angie's ridiculously rude "pick me" presence any day. 

You almost sound like you want the heart coat to be a friend of, lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

The part that I'm cool with is that she KNOWS its over the top and she KNOWS it's not just a lot but it is also falls on the side eye of most people's esthetics and yet she's elated with her choices and that's what fashion is supposed to do.  

Basically, she enjoys the attention, bad or good, those costumes get her.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

You almost sound like you want the heart coat to be a friend of, lol.

It certainly took up enough space. LOL!

I get annoyed with the two housewives from Dubai and New York (who are cousins I believe) but once I got over the fact that they are PURPOSELY over the top and know EXACTLY what they are doing, I just enjoy the display. Is it obnoxious? Absolutely, but being a fashionista myself (AND cringing at so much of it <cough> Sutton <cough>) I can still bring myself back to the part where it's supposed to be fun. I can't be mad at that.. IFFFFFFFF that's what you're mainly going for. Now I do sour at the overly pretentious. Now, I say OVERLY because lets face it, one does not purchase a Saint Laurent garment just for personal appeal. The clout and pretention is  sewn into the purchase price but so long as it's not a blunt tool used to beat the peons over the head with on the regular I can dig it. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 4
8 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

Bronwyn loves her couture, and causing some controversy with her outfits (and not only).

Thank you all for the entertaining posts!

• Like 2