Type keyword(s) to search

2024/2025 Season Anticipation

• Start Topic

Even though the wait is almost over (and, in some cases it already is), share which shows you're looking forward to seeing return the most. What are you looking forward to the most? What do you hope to see this season? 

With nothing new on TV, I watched Blue Bloods last fall. I'm a sucker for romance, and I really like the chemistry of the actors, so, I'm rooting for Erin and Jack and hope they'll end up back together for good. 

I'm also looking forward to The Irrational. Nothing in particular, so far, I've just enjoyed the show, and look forward to more. 

• Like 3

I don’t know what’s out there anymore.  I keep forgetting about the shows I do know about, and haven’t finished. Like Perry Mason, on HBO, which is not coming back, so I hope they didn’t remove it from the service. 

I am looking forward to Severance.  I liked Daredevil, when it was on Netflix, but I finally got rid of Disney+. 
I’m going to get back to watching Ghosts, and I know that is coming back. As long as we don’t get rid of Hulu. 

Edited by Anela
  • Like 3

I don’t currently have Disney but I will want to see Daredevil. It is like one show per streaming service. Most of the services provide enough to keep you occupied in general, movies and so on. I wonder what the landscape will be like in a year. Right now it is hard to make a case for needing ine over the other. 

The Boys/gen V is my prime pick. 

• Like 2

I'm waiting to see how they "finish it" on Cobra Kai even if the first third of the last season was maybe the worse run of the series. Also did they really change course on the MCU's Daredevil. 

I am going into it prejudiced with hate in my heart but I will give the 1990s period piece young Gibbs show  NCIS: Origins   a shot

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to Severance and Silo.  Esbeth, Matlock, Will Trent, Blue Bloods.  I was watching the documentary about The Sopranos, and the woman writer who was let go is co-creator of Blue Bloods, oddly enough. 

I'll also be watching Abbott Elementary, The Connors, and Mandy and Georgie's First Marriage. 

• Like 4
8 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I'm looking forward to Severance and Silo.  Esbeth, Matlock, Will Trent, Blue Bloods.  I was watching the documentary about The Sopranos, and the woman writer who was let go is co-creator of Blue Bloods, oddly enough. 

I'll also be watching Abbott Elementary, The Connors, and Mandy and Georgie's First Marriage. 

Oh, Silo! I think that’s coming back in November.  

• Like 3

The only new series I plan on trying is Matlock.  I didn't know it existed until this weekend when I kept seeing promos for it during football.  I wasn't into the original, and I tend to drift away from legal dramas because, if they don't really suck me in, my primary response is irritated distraction by the inevitable inaccuracies, but between Kathy Bates starring and a fundamental point of the show being how an old woman uses being rendered invisible as a weapon, I have to check it out.

My returning shows are Ghosts and The Conners (and The Upshaws, but that doesn't return until early next year).  I am particularly looking forward to the former, and hope the latter, having had plenty of time to plan it, comes up with a satisfying finale.

Other than that, a bunch of documentaries/documentary series (which thankfully get released year-round, so there isn't a lull), Jeopardy! and football.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 7

What We Do in the Shadows (final season 😭), Severance, Ghosts, Silo, Somebody Somewhere (also final season), Shrinking, Will Trent. I'll likely watch Matlock to check it out.

ETA: Forgot to mention Obituary! Quirky show on Hulu that was fun.

Edited by AheadofStraight
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, EtheltoTillie said:

New show premiering tonight High Potential sounds like it has potential.  May be another Columbo-esque type. 

I just read about it in the NYT. I hadn't heard a word about it before. 

I thought that sounded familiar. A streamer I like, was in the pilot, I think. Or one of the first few episodes. She was late to stream, because she was working on it, one week. 

• Like 1

I haven't seen a single promo for a new show which has interested me in the least.  Looking for to the return of Ghosts, and to a lesser extent, Tracker and NCIS, but that's about it.  I'm not at all inspired by the upcoming season.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

New show premiering tonight High Potential sounds like it has potential.  May be another Columbo-esque type. 

I just read about it in the NYT. I hadn't heard a word about it before. 

I saw promos for it over the weekend.  It looks terrible.

w

18 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

It's more "whodoneit" than Columbo. 

It's based on a French series called HPI that can be seen on Hulu with either subtitles or dubbing.  I watched a few episodes of the French series and while I love my French crime dramedies, HPI didn't do much for me.

I watched last night, too, and I had a hard time evaluating it as the pilot was basically a remake of the first episode of the French series, so it felt too familiar to me.  I do think I like Kaitlin Olsen better than the French lead which I feel guilty about because the French actress is very good and celebrated.  I'm also a fan of Judy Reyes.  I wish they had hired a different lead detective, though. 

As with most mystery adaptations, I look forward to when it moves in its own direction away from the original.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Daff said:

Endless ads for Hi Surf Rescue. So who thought it was a good idea to revisit Baywatch?

I think Baywatch just showed up on the oldies networks. A Love Boat doctor surprised me

2 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I saw promos for it over the weekend.  It looks terrible.

I watched it last night and I liked it. I posted in the Disabilities thread about it.

• Like 1

I didn't like the promos for "Ghosts", but I love the show.

I'm going to try "Brilliant Minds" with Zachary Quinto and "Matlock" with Kathy Bates, mainly because I like the leads.