Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Once Upon a Time in the West

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, Affogato said:

I assume California is alive with guacamole and salsa. Which are ‘heart healthy’. Maybe he doesn’t like them as much. 

Yes, I was totally overthinking it!

(edited)

I had completely forgotten that OMITB was back and happily started watching.

Unfortunately, most of the episode felt uninspired and boring to me.

Quite a macabre ending...

At least they're back in NY, maybe the writing will get better.

ETA: 'They could just have someone, e.g. their friend with the police, ping Sazz' phone. Show over after 2 episodes.

Edited by ofmd
(edited)
On 9/1/2024 at 3:13 PM, peeayebee said:

Does "5 1/2 Lesbian Brothers" mean anything to anyone?

This from Wikipedia should help:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Five_Lesbian_Brothers

What the 1/2 is all about is unknown.

The Five Lesbian Brothers is an American theater company that focuses on plays and literature on lesbian and feminist topics. Their work has been produced and performed in several cities in the United States, and they have been recognized with several industry awards. Reviewers have described their performance style as being "loosely structured" and "outrageous", more focused on the expression of ideas and themes than on theatrical conventions of the time and genre. Their works are created collaboratively by the troupe, made up of Maureen Angelos, Babs Davy, Dominique Dibbell, Peg Healey and Lisa Kron.[1]

I'm sure this is a clue related to the "brothers sisters" thing but I'm too tired to figure it out.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)
On 8/30/2024 at 11:30 AM, Chit Chat said:

Here's a photo of the bust.  Looks familiar, but I don't know who it is! 

20240830_100917.jpg

This looks very familiar but I can't place it. It's going to bug me a lot, especially since Google image search isn't cooperating. I don't think it's Fatty Arbuckle, though. Wrong face shape. It looks like something prior to mid-20th century. Maybe a famous movie stuntman? Although I couldn't find any face that looked like that.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 1

I spent so much time searching images for that face. Besides Google Images I also used a different search site (which I can't remember now). One thing that came up was images from a British company (Bossons) that made pottery of faces and other things. I think I looked at ALL of the faces the company had made, but nothing looked like this guy. 

1 hour ago, peeayebee said:

I think I looked at ALL of the faces the company had made, but nothing looked like this guy. 

If you were a Law & Order character.... Witness that keeps asking for another mugbook...

• LOL 1

I can't place it but I would guess it's an image of a person from a modernist painting or sculpture of some sort.  It definitely doesn't look like Arbuckle to me.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I don't think it's Fatty Arbuckle, though. Wrong face shape.

Considering the distortion caused by the angle of the photo of the statue, and I think it it Fatty Arbuckle. The eyes, nose, and other structures match.

In regards to Selena's dress at the party, it's too big and has no shape. That's why it's unflattering on her. It needs to be taken in on the sides. And the sleeves are to long.

So those of you saying that it's probably borrowed or a hand me down may be correct. 

• Like 1