Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E17: Power of Veto #5

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, Thalia said:

I agree.  Angela probably should have offered it to the house, with the request that they save her some to have the minute she is no longer a have not.   But the other should have at least asked.   Particularly Brooklyn who might need Angela's vote on Thursday. 

Brooklyn clearly enjoyed that it was hurting Angela, though, which makes her, if I may be quite frank, a high-riding bitch.

• Like 16
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
Just now, Rodney said:

Brooklyn clearly enjoyed that it was hurting Angela, though, which makes her, if I may be quite frank, a high-riding bitch.

I so agree. She is not a nice married monomer from Texas.

• Like 14
  • LOL 2
(edited)

Cry me a river, Brooklyn.  Call yourself Dallas , or Plano , or something.  Go away.

eta:  Nobody is scared of you. Brooklyn.

Edited by PaperTree
  • Like 10
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1

Tucker acts like not only is he the only person playing the game, the way he plays is the only way to do it.

But if we see the back of Brooklyn tomorrow, I’m not mad at that.

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

(Channeling Matthew Perry, RIP)

Could King Douche BE more of a misogynist turd?  Quinn (not Brooklyn) broke the agreement he had with Tucker, and Brooklyn has given Tucker twice the info that Quinn has…but of course, given even the slightest excuse to default towards woman-hating, King Douche pulls Quinn off the block to throw another woman up there.  Pathetic.  (Which is probably a word some of Tucker's ex-girlfriends have used about him, but that's just speculation.)

Dear Editors:  when it becomes obvious that the final two veto cards belong to King Douche and his pet ass-monkey, Joseph, this rather takes the suspense out of the Veto results.  Try hiding what was found a bit better, please.

Angela, if you don't want people to eat your food, put it in a bag with your name on it, and tell people not to eat it.  I mean, that's just common sense, but honestly.  Again, I hate to throw Narcissistic Personality Disorder "diagnoses" around willy-nilly, but…

I gather that "The AI Instigator" has been quietly tossed down the shitter, is that it? On Thursday, Julie said that the Instigator's ID would be revealed on Sunday's show (and presumably their wacky AI antics would start thereafter), but it's been two full episodes since then, and not a peep.  It's not unheard of for Production to quietly dispense with twists (the "Takeovers" in S17 were supposed to last all season, not just three weeks), but this may be a record for failing to launch.

To quote Kurt Cobain (also RIP): Oh, well. Whatever.  Never mind.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
1 minute ago, Halting Hex said:

Angela, if you don't want people to eat your food, put it in a bag with your name on it, and tell people not to eat it.

I don't think that they have writing utensils in there, so she couldn't do that.  Nor do I think that there are any bags to use.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Well, they have trash bags, so Angela could one of those, if nothing else.  And I know they have eyebrow pencils.

Do they have non-transparent tape?  She could make an "A" and put it on the bag.  AFAICT, she didn't even make a request for the others not to eat the food.  I honestly doubt that the HGs are mind-readers, and if they were, I doubt Angela would be the first choice for any budding telepaths to use their powers on.

Next time, Angela, at least try before you cry.  (Or, in her case, fake-cry.)

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Not the most exciting episode.

Cheese-gate seems born of CBS telling Angela she hasn't been giving good TV lately and they needed something...anything from her. Maybe they can bring in Amy-Cheeshead from Season 3 to do some counseling.

Anyway, as soon as Tucker used the veto, I knew that was a "game costing" maneuver. Sure enough moments later Quinn vows to put him out. Could come as early as next week. A blunder for no good reason.

Hopefully Cam will go home...he's a block of wood, . Put him out now before jury because he will be as big of a paper weight in the Jury house as well.

Lastly unfortunately Rubina has faded into the background once again.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Rodney said:

I don't think that they have writing utensils in there, so she couldn't do that.  Nor do I think that there are any bags to use.

I'm not an Angela fan by any means...but this was a TOTAL SHIT move.

1 hour ago, faraway said:

Brooklyn and others eating Angela's HOH food without asking was a pretty jerky thing to do.

Agreed

• Like 16
(edited)
31 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Lastly unfortunately Rubina has faded into the background once again.

In other totally irrelevant news, I finally figured out who it was that Rubina was reminding me of so fiercely - Awkwafina; more specifically, Awkwafina’s portrayal of her character in Jumanji 2.

Edited by Nashville
Conan the Grammarian strikes again
  • Like 2
(edited)

Why couldn't Angela just speak up ? She's being the victim again, crying about the others eating her food. You know she's going to blow up later, when all she had to do was be assertive in the moment.  Even pointing out a couple of items, and asking the others to put them aside for her.

She's the kind of mom who doesn't ask for help with chores, just does them while seething quietly, then blows up about it afterwards

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Like 9
  • Hugs 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

I gather that "The AI Instigator" has been quietly tossed down the shitter, is that it?

They need to throw the whole "Ainsley" thing into the same shitter. This has to be the lamest, most inconsequential twist this show has ever come up with - and that's saying a lot. That they have to go on pretending "Ainsley" came up with the comps even when they don't even bother using the gimmick to introduce the comps just goes to show how pointless and stupid it is.

Speaking of pointless gimmicks, the myriad alliances on this show have gotten out of hand. Four of them going on at the same time, multiple people part of some or all of them, and the way the show plays them up, has become unnecessarily confusing for not only the audience but the players themselves. When there are five, six or seven different alliances in the same game it's stupid for anyone to make decisions based on who's in who's alliance. Obviously nobody is ever going to say "no" to a proposed alliance so it's absurd to get your panties in a twist to find out someone is in a particular alliance. Everyone is in some alliance or another, it's no longer one side of the house against the other, it's just all a wash.

Quinn showed his turncoat ass to at least two of those alliances. He'd be smarter to work with Tucker.

When someone like Brooklyn says something like "they think I'm Little Red Robinhood" I'm instantly reminded they don't recruit the brightest people on this show. 

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 5
  • LOL 8
33 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Why couldn't Angela just speak up ? She's being the victim again, crying about the others eating her food. You know she's going to blow up later, when all she had to do was be assertive in the moment.  Even pointing out a couple of items, and asking the others to put them aside for her.

She's the kind of mom who doesn't ask for help with chores, just does them while seething quietly, then blows up about it afterwards

Actually, she didn't blow up at all.  She had a quiet cry to herself, and then got back to being social.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

In other totally irrelevant news, I finally figured out who it was that Rubina was reminding me of so fiercely - Awkwafina; more specifically, Awkwafina’s portrayal of her character in Jumanji 2.

Love Awkwafina! Always happy when she turns up in something.

• Like 2
(edited)
55 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

You know [Angela]'s going to blow up later

20 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Actually, she didn't blow up at all. 

Nobody said Angela had blown up - yet. 😉

ETA: Not about this particular subject, anyway. 
At this particular point in time. 
(Lest my comment be construed as applying to earlier blow-ups which did happen) 

😄

Edited by Nashville
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, mojoween said:

Tucker acts like not only is he the only person playing the game, the way he plays is the only way to do it.

And so far he is totally right.

4 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Anyway, as soon as Tucker used the veto, I knew that was a "game costing" maneuver. Sure enough moments later Quinn vows to put him out. Could come as early as next week. A blunder for no good reason.

It wasn't a blunder.  Tucker knows Quinn would put him.  But he also knows the three on the block now would as well and all three are stronger opponents.  Quinn is the lightweight threat.

He wants one of the two women out not for any sexist reason at all but because he knows they are the strongest two of Pentagon remnants.  Cam is physically stronger than Quinn so his going is a better move then Quinn going.

Quinn has dug his own grave with most people in the house now with his self-admitted lies and back-stabbing.  He is back-burner because he is the lightweight.

3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Why couldn't Angela just speak up ?

If you speak up about anything in the house you put a target on yourself.  Even a little thing like this.  Angela is rightfully trying to fade into the background and not have another disastrous meltdown in public.  She has actually recovered quite well from that fiasco so props to her.

5 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

I gather that "The AI Instigator" has been quietly tossed down the shitter, is that it?

Were you not watching the show?  The announcer explained how to vote for this.  The deadline was always Thursday since it is to be used next week.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Skooma said:

Were you not watching the show?  The announcer explained how to vote for the [AI instigator].  The deadline was always Thursday since it is to be used next week.

I FF through the ad-breaks; if they hid the voting announcement there, I would have blown past it.

So, did Julie botch when she said at the end of last Thursday's show that the Instigator would be revealed on the Sunday episode?  Or was it that, once Producer Puppy Tucker won HoH, Grodner decided they didn't want any Instigator to mess up Tucker's Righteous Fury™, and bumped it back a week?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Skooma said:

[Tucker] wants one of the two women out not for any sexist reason at all but because he knows they are the strongest two of Pentagon remnants. 

Chelsie won a questions comp, and Brooklyn hasn't won anything.  Quinn won his Power in a physical competition…and one of the people he out-hustled to win it was Comp God Tucker, in fact.  Out of the four of the Pentagon Quadrilateral, Quinn is the only one to have won anything physical, since Cam(era-Shy) has been a total non-entity.

And again, what is this strong social game that Chelsie and Brooklyn are supposed to have?  Chelsie has done nothing to build bridges to non-'gon players, and Brooklyn had her side alliance form another alliance behind her back, cutting her out, and has never been anybody's #1.  (Rubina felt betrayed, but Rubina betrayed Brooklyn by joining The Tanks without letting Brooklyn know, and Rubina is almost as dickmatized as Grodner when it comes to Tucker and his hairy tits.)

Brooklyn has been in two five-person alliances, and both times she's been fifth out of five.  (Quinn even specifically described the Pentagon pecking order this way when he was ratting them out to his Visionary "pals").  At this rate, Brooklyn is going to go home and find out that her four kids have formed a five-person alliance on her behalf, but the kids have actually allied with one of their cousins behind her back and are planning to dump Mom the first chance they get.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Halting Hex said:

So, did Julie botch when she said at the end of last Thursday's show that the Instigator would be revealed on the Sunday episode?  Or was it that, once Producer Puppy Tucker won HoH, Grodner decided they didn't want any Instigator to mess up Tucker's Righteous Fury™, and bumped it back a week?

No.  She said that the winner would be found out on August 25.  She meant that Sunday episode.

• Like 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, Nashville said:

In other totally irrelevant news, I finally figured out who it was that Rubina was reminding me of so fiercely - Awkwafina; more specifically, Awkwafina’s portrayal of her character in Jumanji 2

I get young Raven Symone vibes from Rubina.  

Edited by cowgirlwen
(edited)

I was happy to see Hide and Go Veto make a comeback.  I assumed that Brett and Scottie from BB20 permanently broke that game.  

I don't mind Tucker (yet).  A lot of these comps seem to be set up for anyone to win, yet he keeps winning.  And everyone including Tucker knows that his number is up once the AI Arena ends, if it does end.  What I do mind is Quinn unnecessarily screaming himself hoarse in his DR's.  That room must have fantastic soundproofing because I have heard that most of the walls are paper thin.  Tucker is smarmy in his DR's but he has the wins to back it up.  Quinn is just a legend in his own mind.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 10

In the past H&G comps, the contestants have messed up that house so badly that we all recoiled in horror. This time, almost all of them respected the house, except for Brooklyn. She really showed how petty she is tonight. And she delighted in tossing around T'kors crochet stuff just to be a vindictive bitch. Angela shouldn't have to put her name on her charcuterie stuff. Clearly that was her stuff, and Brooklyn even made some shitty comment about how Angela was going to have to get more, as she was shoveling it into her mouth.. I've always said Brooklyn reminds me of that girlfriend from Seinfeld who was beautiful in some lights and ugly in others. Now she is just ugly. 

I don't think Tucker needs any producer help to motor through this game. He is a great player and the only one keeping things interesting.

• Like 16

Yaknow… while watching Brooklyn and Quinn carry on a conversation, it occurred to me: if Brooklyn were to shave off those two caterpillars roaming above her eye sockets and donate them to Quinn’s upper lip, would that be considered a win/win?

• Like 2
  • LOL 15
1 hour ago, butterbody said:

In the past H&G comps, the contestants have messed up that house so badly that we all recoiled in horror. This time, almost all of them respected the house, except for Brooklyn. She really showed how petty she is tonight. And she delighted in tossing around T'kors crochet stuff just to be a vindictive bitch.

So, does this mean that all those past players were also "vindictive bitches"?  Brooklyn was trying her hardest to win a Veto she very much needed to win.  If she had some glee that her work involved messing up some junk belonging to her enemies (recall that T'Kor was in two alliances with Brooklyn, yet did not bat an eyelash at selling her out and setting her up), well, to quote Buffy Summers, "let me take this opportunity to not care."

Angela shouldn't have to put her name on her charcuterie stuff. Clearly that was her stuff, and Brooklyn even made some shitty comment about how Angela was going to have to get more, as she was shoveling it into her mouth..

As was everybody seen in the scene, including Grodner's precious Tucker.  "Eat it before it goes bad" was apparently the general consensus.  Perpetual Victim Angela was just trying to grab some sympathy in the DR by blaming the whole fandango on Designated Target Brooklyn, AFAICT.

I don't think Tucker needs any producer help to motor through this game.

4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

And everyone including Tucker knows that his number is up once the AI Arena ends, if it does end.

Logically, then, the longer the AI Arena lingers, the less faith Grodner apparently has in Tuck the Magic Dirtbag.  And the longer we'll go without truly seeing how well he does without Production having his back.  JMO.

• Like 3

Why do you watch? You seem to think that everything is fixed to help Tucker even though he's crushing it so far. Is it just to complain?  Genuine question.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
26 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Why do you watch? You seem to think that everything is fixed to help Tucker even though he's crushing it so far. Is it just to complain?  Genuine question.

…and hate-watching is a perfectly genuine response.  😆

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)

As much as I can’t stand Angela, I was on her side regarding having her HOH food eaten.  If someone had done that to Brooklyn, I’m sure she would have pitched a tent.  All I know is, fuck with my chicken wings and orange Jello cups, and we gon’ have a serious problem!!

Am I the only one who was fixated on the front of Tucker’s shorts during the Hide and Go Veto game?  The man is blessed.  Still don’t care for his sore winner talking heads. 

I would have hid my disc behind the cutting boards in the kitchen, nobody was looking there. 

Brooklyn, you need to win the AI arena tonight!  I can’t stand her or Chelsie as they are too cocky, but I’d take her winning over Chelsie.

Cam may be nice looking but given his questionable hygiene all I see when I look at him is a smelly Pigpen. 

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

It's not even hate-watching per se, but thank you, Nashville.  I've been around this block enough times to see Grodner's hand at work…and also to see many times when Grodner's plans crashed and burned.  I call out the bullshit, and live in hope for better days.

I'm sorry if you (Shrek) think that there's no point in watching if I'm not going to cheerlead for the Designated Hero, but I've been an iconoclast for a long, long time about many, many things.  No need to worry on my behalf.  Cheers!

• Like 2
On 8/21/2024 at 6:15 PM, Halting Hex said:

This follows the time-honored BB tradition of hyping something through the roof, then forgetting about it.

On 8/21/2024 at 7:10 PM, SHERMDOG said:

I'm not an Angela fan by any means...but this was a TOTAL SHIT move.

It shows that while some of the houseguests have moved past her Week 1 freakout for gameplay purposes, they have not forgiven or forgotten. They had an opportunity to shit on her, and took it.

On 8/21/2024 at 7:34 PM, tinkerbell said:

Being assertive in the moment would deprive her of being the victim.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

This follows the time-honored BB tradition of hyping something through the roof, then forgetting about it.

Except they didn't.  AI Instigator was even re-explained and instructions given on how to vote again in this episode.  It is for this current week and always has been.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Being assertive in the moment would deprive her of being the victim.

Or she's worried about making herself a target.  That could be possible.  Just saying.

• Like 4
On 8/22/2024 at 3:59 PM, Yogisbooboo64 said:

I would have hid my disc behind the cutting boards in the kitchen, nobody was looking there. 

With this bunch? Hide it under the vacuum cleaner, and it’ll stay hid for the remainder of the season.

• LOL 7

Nobody hid their disc in the freezer this time.  That would have been perfect because I don't think anyone checked the freezer.  They just opened it after the competition was finished.