Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: Fear of the Unholy

• Start Topic

UGI1_EVIL_413_503_EF_0429_02069_RT_16x9_

A countdown begins, and the team receives an offer they never expected.

An ominous countdown begins after the Bouchard girls start a new game on their VR goggles; The Entity moves to stop the Sixty, despite Sister Andrea's warnings.

Premiere Date: August 15, 2024      Paramount+  

EVIL_503_EF_0430_03307_RT.jpg

T. Ryder Smith as the Hairy Demon  

Christian Borle as Neil 

EVIL_503_EF_0426_01172_RT.jpg

John "Chris" Jones as Johan Taupin 

EVIL_503_EF_0422_00651_RT.jpg

Denis O'Hare as Father Giovanni De Vita 

Paco Lozano as the Monk 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

I didn't see Kristin's girls in this episode. Is the promo wrong? 

I wonder if some of the Sixty have infiltrated the Church. The Entity sure is making it easy for the demons.

The girls weren’t there. 

I bet the sigil families all have ties with the church. Of course they would. But they haven’t developed that storyline. If Sheryl could be a head of house perhaps that means she was in line to do so, but did not know about it. Then, Kristen….

• Like 4

The dirty demon seemed to be throwing shade about there being no antichrist. Was the baptism irrelevant? Or is the antichrist someone else in the household, like Lexi? Love the reemergence of the cleaning supplies. The sister has to have a better fate, right? 

Did Timothy sleep there when Leland had the connected building?

Sin is a squishy parasite. Huh. If only. Maybe Ben has a gold ion poisoning! The doppels have all changed, although Ben’s was odd, if at all. The talk of lip biting? I winder if the tinfoil hat mitigates the effects. 

i don’t want this to end and I trust it will wnd in a satisfying way, but I already want more. I don’t really know how it will end. 

• Like 8

Wait, Sister Andrea doesn’t have any injuries after getting whacked by a shovel last week? 👀

There’s a lot going on in this penultimate episode but it still doesn’t wrap things up.

We finally see the red painting previously unveiled by The Manager. It’s a creepy painting depicting an apocalypse — The Sixty’s goal.

The Archdiocese having financial constraints is a parallel to Paramount+ not willing to invest in EVIL anymore.

Leland is always weak. It’s not a surprise seeing him being softened by David’s virtue after remote viewing. But Leland is right about things that David should be on the lookout for. Look at what happened to his two handlers. The Entity is not to be trusted.

“If they can’t trust you, they get rid of you.”

Father Giovanni De Vita extends forgiveness for David for being angry at the church just to make him comfortable enough before putting him through a human lie detector test. A manipulative mind game. Don’t accept the offer to work for them, David. 😥

After watching this episode, it’s obvious that the Kings will not wrap everything up. Their focus is more on setting up what’s next for each character, hence the doppelgänger mumbo jumbo. 😣

• Like 6
38 minutes ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Wait, Sister Andrea doesn’t have any injuries after getting whacked by a shovel last week? 👀

There’s a lot going on in this penultimate episode but it still doesn’t wrap things up.

We finally see the red painting previously unveiled by The Manager. It’s a creepy painting depicting an apocalypse — The Sixty’s goal.

The Archdiocese having financial constraints is a parallel to Paramount+ not willing to invest in EVIL anymore.

Leland is always weak. It’s not a surprise seeing him being softened by David’s virtue after remote viewing. But Leland is right about things that David should be on the lookout for. Look at what happened to his two handlers. The Entity is not to be trusted.

Father Giovanni De Vita extends forgiveness for David for being angry at the church just to make him comfortable enough before putting him through a human lie detector test. A manipulative mind game. Don’t accept the offer to work for them, David. 😥

After watching this episode, it’s obvious that the Kings will not wrap everything up. Their focus is more on setting up what’s next for each character, hence the doppelgänger mumbo jumbo. 😣

I hope that Rockne O’Bannon was consulted because he did a bang up job with the Farscape wrapup. I imagine the story is much simplified. 

• Like 3

😞

I'm going to miss the weekly therapy sessions with Sister Andrea. And they're sending her to that silent church? No way. I was thinking they should have hired her for security at the Vatican, but they respect women, as much as demons do. They consistently underestimate her, and women in general. 

I wonder if David will leave the Church, or if he will go to Rome. Only one more week. 😞

Leland with the hugging dog videos. 😄

I didn't like David and Ben hushing Kristen. That guy was an asshole. Why didn't Andrea tell them about his "caregiver"? 

Okay, I need to go and do something else, or I'm going to cry. 

• Like 9

shady people in the church doing shady things, hmm.  What ever happened to that relic after the sister dug it out of the demon?  we didn't see it turned over to the archdiocese.  I wonder if it will come into play next week for the final episode.  It better be a supersized episode to wrap everything up with all of our dangling plot points.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Linderhill said:

shady people in the church doing shady things, hmm.  What ever happened to that relic after the sister dug it out of the demon?  we didn't see it turned over to the archdiocese.  I wonder if it will come into play next week for the final episode.  It better be a supersized episode to wrap everything up with all of our dangling plot points.

Yes to the relic. I also wonder(ed) about the olive oil. 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Affogato said:

Yes to the relic. I also wonder(ed) about the olive oil. 

yes! the olive oil!  of course with the KIngs the olive oil might just be one of the random things they throw in there.  

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Affogato said:

The girls weren’t there. 

I bet the sigil families all have ties with the church. Of course they would. But they haven’t developed that storyline. If Sheryl could be a head of house perhaps that means she was in line to do so, but did not know about it. Then, Kristen….

I think Sheryl understood. Edward gave her tge representation of his sigil, asked her to be his heir and she attended a ceremony in which someone consumed a sigil from a corpse. She saw demons. She was in fairly deep.

She also understood that Leland was grooming Lexis and Timothy.

She knew more than she disclosed to Kristen and Andy on the sticks.

3 hours ago, Affogato said:

The dirty demon seemed to be throwing shade about there being no antichrist. Was the baptism irrelevant? Or is the antichrist someone else in the household, like Lexi? Love the reemergence of the cleaning supplies. The sister has to have a better fate, right? 

Did Timothy sleep there when Leland had the connected building?

Sin is a squishy parasite. Huh. If only. Maybe Ben has a gold ion poisoning! The doppels have all changed, although Ben’s was odd, if at all. The talk of lip biting? I winder if the tinfoil hat mitigates the effects. 

i don’t want this to end and I trust it will wnd in a satisfying way, but I already want more. I don’t really know how it will end. 

I think the reveal will be that the antiChrist is Kristen. I have always felt that she was the special one. Her children are special because of her. One more episode!

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Castiels Cat said:

I think Sheryl understood. Edward gave her tge representation of his sigil, asked her to be his heir and she attended a ceremony in which someone consumed a sigil from a corpse. She saw demons. She was in fairly deep.

She also understood that Leland was grooming Lexis and Timothy.

She knew more than she disclosed to Kristen and Andy on the sticks.

Yes. She knew that. I meant that if she was a (genetic)descendant of the house, she didn’t know. Or we don’t know. 

Edited by Affogato
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

I don't think that actually happened, I thought that was just a vision she had. But with this show, honestly, who knows :p?

But man, yeah, when Father Ignaticus was like, "I'm going to miss you, Sister Andrea..." I was sitting here like, "Same." Her going to the silent church is certainly...a choice. I'm hoping she'll find a new path in the end. 

6 hours ago, Anela said:

I wonder if David will leave the Church, or if he will go to Rome. Only one more week. 😞

I'm wondering that, too. I can see him doing the former, but I would be curious to see how he'd handle doing the latter. And how Krsten and Ben would deal with him being so far away from them. Ben being all, "We're really breaking up"...just dig the knife in deeper, why don't you? 

I didn't like David and Ben hushing Kristen. That guy was an asshole. 

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, that was...not their shining moment, no. To say the least. I appreciate that Kristen flat out stated as much when they gave their summary of the case at the end. 

Agh, I can't believe next week is the end already! I truly cannot begin to imagine how they'll wrap everything up. If they do. 

• Like 4

I may have watched David sock Leland and bust his door down several times while cackling. We finally get to see the painting and it’s all about the end times, which tracks. Apparently Leland is right about the Entity disappearing people. 

I wonder why Sister Andrea didn’t tell them that the secretary is a demon.

Sister Andrea stabbing the demon and torturing him with cleaning products was hilarious, especially when he begged her not to use the Pledge.

So David is being reassigned to Rome. Kristen looked so devastated when she found out.

Only one more episode and I’m so sad. I’m sure the show will go out with a bang but it’s hard to say if things will get wrapped up or if it’ll end on a cliffhanger in case of possibly being picked up. I really want to see them take Leland down once and for all. 

• Like 6

"Pledge Furniture Polish shines and protects, removes dust and fingerprints, and repels demons."

Incidentally, my favorite fake blues singer name is Blind Lemon Pledge!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, Affogato said:

Yes. She knew that. I meant that if she was a (genetic)descendant of the house, she didn’t know. Or we don’t know. 

Oh... that is unclear. I think the reveal is Krusten is genetically very important.  Sheryl got around and she stated Leland wasn't her first . . 

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
17 hours ago, sharifa70 said:

I got the subliminal images!

Reveal spoiler

Really!??  I rewound and watched credits again and didn't see anything. 

Katja wasn't in this episode much.  I do like how each of these episodes has characters making comments about being shut down and not knowing where they'll be going, and the "Church" aka Paramount Plus, is being sold. Skydance is buying Paramount Plus. Paramount is shutting down their entire studio lot and moving shows to the CBS lot. 

Kristen's doppelganger is having a wild time, isn't she? 

• Like 2

Did anyone else think that sister Andrea's talk with David implied that she has something else, or someone else to work with? It would not surprise me to see that she is part of another organization. 

More predictions you can mock me for next week. I do not think David will end up going to Rome. I think Leland will be killed, still can't guess who will do it. 

And I hope there is some conclusion about Andy. I mean, he has gone off with a psycho who tried to kill the baby. 

I also wonder who Lexis's father is. After all, the whole RSM plot line is about how the devil has corrupted the eggs. So does that mean they used sperm from a different person? Could Lexis have a different father?

Also, I wonder if they are setting us up for a Kristen Ben pairing at the end. Personally, I'd like Kristen to stand on her own at the end, but TV does like its pairings.

I also wonder if Grace Ling will come back. She's the reason the entity noticed David. 

I am sure they will leave us both stunned, and also wanting more. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the quality of this show from top to bottom.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, kwnyc said:

Did anyone else think that sister Andrea's talk with David implied that she has something else, or someone else to work with? It would not surprise me to see that she is part of another organization. 

More predictions you can mock me for next week. I do not think David will end up going to Rome. I think Leland will be killed, still can't guess who will do it. 

And I hope there is some conclusion about Andy. I mean, he has gone off with a psycho who tried to kill the baby. 

I also wonder who Lexis's father is. After all, the whole RSM plot line is about how the devil has corrupted the eggs. So does that mean they used sperm from a different person? Could Lexis have a different father?

Also, I wonder if they are setting us up for a Kristen Ben pairing at the end. Personally, I'd like Kristen to stand on her own at the end, but TV does like its pairings.

I also wonder if Grace Ling will come back. She's the reason the entity noticed David. 

I am sure they will leave us both stunned, and also wanting more. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the quality of this show from top to bottom.

I totally agree that Leland is toast. I think Kristen will do it.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Affogato said:

Does Alexis still have a tail? 

We don't know. The general consensus I've seen elsewhere is that the tail isn't actually real, it was more just meant to be symbolic of Lexis learning to accept herself and her body as is. 

• Like 2
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

We don't know. The general consensus I've seen elsewhere is that the tail isn't actually real, it was more just meant to be symbolic of Lexis learning to accept herself and her body as is. 

Well the demons are more symbolic, except they aren’t to the sister, to her they whine, scream and bleed. Maybe the tail is like that.

so much to cram into the next hour. 

Edited by Affogato
  • Like 1

I haven't really enjoyed the last 3 episodes... not sure why.. is it that I know this is the finale? maybe they are not so well made at least as good as the ones before them? There is something off with those.

I do not want this show to end. Stupid networks!!!

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, Zaffy said:

I haven't really enjoyed the last 3 episodes... not sure why.. is it that I know this is the finale? maybe they are not so well made at least as good as the ones before them? There is something off with those.

I agree, and this episode seemed like filler rather than a jumping-off point to a series finale. The entire mini season has had a distinct shift in tone, and I can’t imagine how any one of the mysteries could come to a satisfying conclusion. 
I’m not sure why these were even tacked on. I think everyone is correct in assuming the deconsecration/sale of the church is a methaphor for Paramount canceling the show, but to me that’s more interesting for the producers than the viewers. I just hoped the story could play out as best it could in the limited time given. 

• Like 4

Leland and David were hilarious a few times. Leland just like "I would've just opened the door!!" and "I just want her to curse god so I can defile her" or whatever. and of course the puppy video. :D Fantastic. 

I want him to be killed SO BADLY but I also can't really see it happening if everyone on the show has/had any hope at all of someone else picking it up. Leland's the main bad guy! 

I hate that the church is absolutely punishing Sister Angela by sending her to the silent place. I hate that so so much is never going to be wrapped up in one more episode. I hate that we're apparently just taking all the Andy stuff at a surface level reading.

I wish Kristen watching her double's video at the end showed her she should just go ahead and have multiple romantic partners and make everyone happy (though I would also want Andy there anyway so what's the point now! I'm only half kidding). 

Missed the girls again, too.

• Like 4
19 hours ago, snoopypez said:

Leland and David were hilarious a few times. Leland just like "I would've just opened the door!!" and "I just want her to curse god so I can defile her" or whatever. and of course the puppy video. :D Fantastic. 

I want him to be killed SO BADLY but I also can't really see it happening if everyone on the show has/had any hope at all of someone else picking it up. Leland's the main bad guy! 

I hate that the church is absolutely punishing Sister Angela by sending her to the silent place. I hate that so so much is never going to be wrapped up in one more episode. I hate that we're apparently just taking all the Andy stuff at a surface level reading.

I wish Kristen watching her double's video at the end showed her she should just go ahead and have multiple romantic partners and make everyone happy (though I would also want Andy there anyway so what's the point now! I'm only half kidding). 

Missed the girls again, too.

I want more on Andy, too. I don't care what's happened, he was getting weird phone calls that set something off in him, the girls knew about it, and he would not abandon them. They may as well have left him out of it entirely, if this is how they were going to finish his story. 

I hope they don't bring in Kristen's father as a cliffhanger. Maybe he is irrelevant, and won't show up at all. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

I haven’t enjoyed the last few episodes either. They just don’t seem to have the same quality as the earlier ones and are just spinning their wheels. I love Sister Andrea but her comic scenes with the demons are overdone and I would prefer scary demons. In the scene where Christian Boyle revealed a demon it was actually scary but then we go back to demons being afraid of pledge.

Not sure why they are showing the doppelgängers so much but Ben’s seemed odd. I’m crossing my fingers for the finale but if it doesn’t have a resolution for Andy I will be disappointed.

• Like 4
On 8/15/2024 at 6:01 PM, Anela said:

they should have hired her for security at the Vatican

🤣 With her little knife and cleaning supplies.

♫ Hey sister, go sister. Soul sister, go sister. 🎶

“How am I gonna do this without you, Sister?”

Exactly what we’re all thinking, David. One more week, guys. 😢

• Like 3
On 8/16/2024 at 7:48 PM, Zaffy said:

On 8/18/2024 at 1:03 AM, Madding crowd said:

I haven’t enjoyed the last few episodes either. They just don’t seem to have the same quality as the earlier ones and are just spinning their wheels.

On 8/16/2024 at 8:13 PM, RedInk said:

this episode seemed like filler rather than a jumping-off point to a series finale.

Agree with all of this. They quickly tacked on the last four episodes, and sadly it shows. 

• Like 2