Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E12: Head of Household #4, Nominations #4

• Start Topic

(edited)

Delayed radically by boring golf.  Football, yes.  Baseball, yes.  Basketball, yes.  But golf sucks so bad on TV and is only good as a cure for insomnia. 

So BB starts a little before 10:30 EDT maybe?  Didn't catch the exact time 60 Minutes finally started.

PS:  What stcroix said for starting time.

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 4
  • Angry 1
  • Useful 1
27 minutes ago, Skooma said:

Delayed radically by boring golf.  Football, yes.  Baseball, yes.  Basketball, yes.  But golf sucks so bad on TV and is only good as a cure for insomnia. 

So BB starts a little before 10:30 EDT maybe?  Didn't catch the exact time 60 Minutes finally stated.

Yes. A show called Tulsa King (I think) has just come on (8:32pm Central) and BB is supposed to start right after that at a couple of minutes after 9:30. 

• Like 1

Holy crap.  Angela just admitted she tries to cry as a strategy.   As someone who wishes I didn't cry when I get upset or angry, I hate that she's trying to use Fake Tears to get sympathy or an advantage.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Credit where it's due.  Angela kicked some serious ass in the HoH Competition.

Hated Brooklyn's entitlement when she tried to talk to her, though.

• Like 16

That deep cake was cool. I've heard a lot but never saw it in action. Scary what could be done in politics, product endorsements, crime etc.  ThIs was science fiction when I was a kid. Now its real.

• Like 7
38 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

That deep cake was cool. I've heard a lot but never saw it in action. Scary what could be done in politics, product endorsements, crime etc.  ThIs was science fiction when I was a kid. Now its real.

Shows how far technology has come.

• Like 1

I really don't like the Deep Fake twist; it's WAY too powerful.  Basically, HoH becomes a waste and the guy who won a silly comp on Night 1 gets a free week as HoH instead.

Somehow, I found myself rooting for Angela and Tucker last night.  How!?!?!  I applaud the heavy strategizing and tough gameplay we've seen in the contestants so far this season, but somehow Angela and Tucker are the underdogs who deserve my support?  Something with this show (or with me) has gone seriously off the deep-end! LOL

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Frankie90210 said:

I thought he only told Angela and Kimo. (?)

Initially Quinn was only telling his F2s, so THAT covered about half the House….

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

As a rule of thumb, I have never liked "pick the competitor" comps because it allows the house to gang up on one person and that's not fair. I don't even like Tucker but sticking to my guns I didn't like it on the HOH. Glad it got foiled.

But really don't like this Deep Fake twist. It's too much like the notorious Coup De Tate or however you write it used to save a Grodner favorite. I wouldn't blame Angela if she were to throw her mic pack in the swimming pool.

If TPTB were honest I'm sure they are not happy their own twist has neutered Angela who gives good tv with HOHitiss but now that's not going to happen. Watching her go on a power trip this week would have been glorious and I'm sure they are disappointed.

I've been craving Rubina to speak for weeks now...I was dumbfounded to see this whole Tucker flirtation but that's the editor's fault for not featuring any of it until now. Can't blame the guy.... she's cute and has a nice compact little body.

Quinn was insufferable (is he obvlivious America seemingly doesn't like him thanks to the votes he got) and Brooklyn was full on drama queen.

Early on I dismissed T'Kor as a non-entity but now I think she's going to go far.

I'd like to see some of the deadwood cleared away like Joesph who brings zero to the table.

• Like 1
On 8/11/2024 at 10:06 PM, Thalia said:

Holy crap.  Angela just admitted she tries to cry as a strategy.   As someone who wishes I didn't cry when I get upset or angry, I hate that she's trying to use Fake Tears to get sympathy or an advantage.  

Did she? Maybe I misheard but I thought she was trying to stop herself from crying. I thought to myself, she's finally getting some self-awareness about how all those tears make her look!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Did she? Maybe I misheard but I thought she was trying to stop herself from crying. I thought to myself, she's finally getting some self-awareness about how all those tears make her look!

No she actually said that she tries to cry but she can't. Taran talked about it.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

This is how I heard it too.  She said "Don't cry... I can't cry", or something to that effect.  She was trying to squash her tears.  She didn't want anyone else to see her crying making her appear weak and emotional.

• Like 2
(edited)
18 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Are you calling me a liar!  You're the liar!   Just wait until we get off these boards and can watch the videos and you'll see that I am 110% right!   You are now my number 1 target! 

Watching I See You GIF by Hope is Sincere

🤪

On 8/11/2024 at 10:08 PM, Lamb18 said:

I wish Tucker would wear a shirt in his diary rooms. Hairy tits close up aren't a good sight.

I try not to focus on superficial things like personal grooming choices, because goodness knows I am not perfect.  But speaking of hair, Quinn's sparsely haired upper life is making me insane.   I know there are razors in that house.   Believe me, Quinn, it won't take you that long to shave.   

Edited by Thalia
  • LOL 9
12 hours ago, cowgirlwen said:

This is how I heard it too.  She said "Don't cry... I can't cry", or something to that effect.  She was trying to squash her tears.  She didn't want anyone else to see her crying making her appear weak and emotional.

No, she was faking. She started laughing when she wasn’t able to get tears. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, North of Eden said:

But really don't like this Deep Fake twist. It's too much like the notorious Coup De Tate or however you write it used to save a Grodner favorite.

FYI - the grammatically correct reference is “Cootie Taw”.  😁

20 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Maybe I misheard but I thought [Angela] was trying to stop herself from crying. I thought to myself, she's finally getting some self-awareness about how all those tears make her look!

That alone should’ve told you this wasn’t the correct answer….  😆

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
9 hours ago, Thalia said:

Are you calling me a liar!  You're the liar!   Just wait until we get off these boards and can watch the videos and you'll see that I am 110% right!   You are now my number 1 target! 

Well, you know I couldn't let that challenge go by, so I took another look at the tape and YOU! ARE! 110 PERCENT!.... correct. Damn it. Wow, she's really diabolical. 

Please don't make me eat slop.

9 hours ago, Thalia said:

But speaking of hair, Quinn's sparsely haired upper life is making me insane.   

His upper life doesn't bother me so much (have fun, kids!) but his upper lip is problematic. It's also kind of intriguing, that giant mop cascading off his skull yet nary a sprout left for the face. I bet he goes to sleep at night dreaming of Joseph and the amazing technicolor face follicles.

• LOL 9

So far behind, but I've had to take the proper amount of time to admire my genius:

And behold! I have willed "MotherTucker" into existence!  FEEL MY POWER!!

Okay, I don't actually like either of them, and the only other "evidence" of such "power" on my part was when I cast a silent vote for "Rachel wins, and Porsche takes 2nd" after the opening week of Big Brother 13, but hey, I'll take whatever credit I can get.

And besides, cheap pleasures are pretty much the spice of my life.  (Aside from my cat, that is.)

Speaking of…

On 8/11/2024 at 11:08 PM, Lamb18 said:

I wish Tucker would wear a shirt in his diary rooms. Hairy tits close up aren't a good sight.

Sez you, pal!  MMMMMM-a-licious!!  

Give me those men who are hair-breasted men…

(Okay, I'm kidding.  I'm seriously kidding. But as I say, I can't resist that sort of a wisecrack. )

On 8/12/2024 at 9:25 PM, North of Eden said:

If TPTB were honest I'm sure they are not happy their own twist has neutered Angela who gives good tv with HOHitiss but now that's not going to happen. Watching her go on a power trip this week would have been glorious and I'm sure they are disappointed.

OTOH, my cynical side noticed that the HGs were all wearing athletic gear at Kenney's eviction, and I couldn't help speculating that perhaps somebody called an audible, fearing for Angela's safety once it was clear that Quinn was going to use the "deep cake" (I know that was a typo, but sometimes I like to run with them) power, no matter who won.  So they canceled the scheduled Wall Comp (in which Angela would be roadkill) and then (at whatever late, late hour…Julie doesn't host HoH comps any longer, so they can run them whenever they like) subbed in a comp that Angela had a good chance of winning, to ensure her safety.  Since apparently she's Ratings Gold. [/cynic]

• Like 3