Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 7/22/2024

• Start Topic

Monday, July 22 – The Political View with U.S. Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.); Ladies Get Lit

Tuesday, July 23 – Cole Escola (actor and writer Broadway’s, “Oh, Mary!”); Ladies Get Lit

Wednesday, July 24 – Ralph Macchio (actor, “Cobra Kai”); Ladies Get Lit

Thursday, July 25 – Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman joined by director Shawn Levy (“Deadpool & Wolverine”); Ladies Get Lit

Friday, July 26 – Elliot Page (actor, “The Umbrella Academy,” co-writer, producer and actor, “Close to You”); Jennie Garth; Ladies Get Lit

• Thanks 5

Should be an active Monday at the table. I eagerly await Sunny’s decision about who she thinks should be on the ticket as vice president. Duh. I wonder if anyone will suggest that Biden resign now (for health reasons?) so that Kamala can be prez.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Glitches said:

Duh. I wonder if anyone will suggest that Biden resign now (for health reasons?)

Republicans have already jumped on that. 

• Like 2

Whoopi still thinks that Biden's stepping back from the nomination had to do with his age, and she takes exception to the ageist message that sends. For some reason, she is determined to ignore the cognitive deficiencies which were really the issue. Some older people have deficits, and some don't, so age alone isn't the problem. There are plenty of ageist examples in regular life, though, and it would be nice if Whoopi focused on that.

• Like 12
1 hour ago, Ellis Bell Lives said:

I have come to the conclusion politicians are nothing more than taxpayer-funded press agents.   Give me a "K"  Give me an "A"  Give me an "M"...

Please stop referring to her as THE nominee.  It's not a done deal.

No mention of Rep. Pramila Jayapal's faux pas of laughing at "fear mongering" news coverage of a 13-year-old girl bound, gagged and raped by a migrant in Queens.  Not part of their narrative, I suppose.

Whoopi is an absolute moron who has no right moderating any conversations that involve politics or well, anything.

Sunny will be insufferable (more than usual)  for the next 106 days.  Then even more insufferable on the 107th day, no matter which way it goes.

For a chubby chick, Ana sure can pivot quickly.  Joe who?  Give me a "K"...

Get LIt or go home.  Whoopi, go home.  Just leave The Friday Afternoon Club.

VYD:  Cut off because Kamala spoke publicly.  She still sucks at public speaking. 

Wow!  I usually feel Sara, "the Independent" as she always claims and Alyssa afraid that Trump will win democracy will go down the toilet are always negative about something or another.  I find both of them to be idiots.  Sara an airhead at times.  Alyssa for backing Nikki.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Whoopi still thinks that Biden's stepping back from the nomination had to do with his age, and she takes exception to the ageist message that sends. For some reason, she is determined to ignore the cognitive deficiencies which were really the issue. Some older people have deficits, and some don't, so age alone isn't the problem. There are plenty of ageist examples in regular life, though, and it would be nice if Whoopi focused on that.

It wasn't Biden's age that was the problem. It was the effect his age has had on him.   Whoopi is purposely being obtuse to not understand that. I think she is projecting.  She isn't as sharp as she used to be and she is afraid she will be the victim of ageism have her contract not renewed for not being able to do her job.

• Like 12
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Yeah, Whoopi was annoying today with her continued insistence that the party should have stuck with Biden. There’s a big difference between being older as a talk show host (and we’ve all seen Whoopi have her brain farts) and someone older as POTUS. It was time to take the keys from grandpa.

Perhaps now people republicans will learn how to pronounce her name.

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 12
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Yeah, Whoopi was annoying today with her continued insistence that the party should have stuck with Biden. There’s a big difference between being older as a talk show host (and we’ve all seen Whoopi have her brain farts) and someone older as POTUS. It was time to take the keys from grandpa.

Perhaps now people republicans will learn how to pronounce her name.

Whoopi has had brain farts as long as she's being hosting & I attributed it to her inability to read.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

As long as we were talking about Whoopi, can somebody tell her that the joke about the audience being so familiar is so annoying and overused? And of course, the View’s Ed McMahon, Sunny, laughs every time! Shoot me now…

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Whoopi has had brain farts as long as she's being hosting & I attributed it to her inability to read.

I attribute it to her ability to smoke weed.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
7 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

As long as we were talking about Whoopi, can somebody tell her that the joke about the audience being so familiar is so annoying and overused? And of course, the View’s Ed McMahon, Sunny, laughs every time! Shoot me now…

This is the second time she does this on a Monday that is clearly not pre-taped. They talked about Biden's withdrawal, how can the audience look familiar.

Is this a "joke" she doesn't fully understand, similar to when she would end the show with "take a little time to enjoy whatever view you happen upon."

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Blissfool said:

This is the second time she does this on a Monday that is clearly not pre-taped. They talked about Biden's withdrawal, how can the audience look familiar.

Yea I wondered about that too. It is Monday. This show was not pre-taped because of the hot topics issues being addressed so it is not a second show. So why the comment by Whoopi?

• Like 1
(edited)

I'm assuming this Friday's show will be pre taped so perhaps they taped it Monday morning before the live show.   Or they might have taped a segment for one of this week's shows.  They have done that before to accommodate a guest who wouldn't be able to be there for a live show.

With that being said I do find it silly when Whoopi says the audience looks familiar.   She thinks she is making an inside joke but it's not funny.

Edited by bluegirl147
  • Like 8
(edited)

Exactly.  They pretape some segments before the live show.  I do agree that her "familiar" comment is getting stale though.

Omigosh, Cole Escola is hilarious!

Gee, I wonder what book Sunny is going to recommend. 🤔

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 2

Re: conversation about Kamala Harris being the presumptive nominee, and the comment that her website was already up - I was going to ask how much lead time Kamala Harris' team had for her campaign website to be up and running so soon, but other than the "store" section, it seems like a basic donation site, and could have been repurposed from Biden's website. There are a lot of offerings for purchase at the store, though! Left over from her last campaign, perhaps? I didn't see any dates on the offerings, so maybe they also were repurposed. Otherwise, I'd have to question how the team managed to get all those items ready to manufacture so quickly with little notice.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Re: conversation about Kamala Harris being the presumptive nominee, and the comment that her website was already up - I was going to ask how much lead time Kamala Harris' team had for her campaign website to be up and running so soon, but other than the "store" section, it seems like a basic donation site, and could have been repurposed from Biden's website. There are a lot of offerings for purchase at the store, though! Left over from her last campaign, perhaps? I didn't see any dates on the offerings, so maybe they also were repurposed. Otherwise, I'd have to question how the team managed to get all those items ready to manufacture so quickly with little notice.

Just because things are on a website doesn't mean they were ready to sell, just that the website is taking orders for things. It's a bit like the Superbowl, we know someone is going to win but not who until it's over but you can order t-shirts etc. within minutes of the game being over, sometimes some are already printed, most are not. These companies etc just send the wrong printed winner t-shirts to places like Africa, watch any program about Africa or some of the Sout American countries & you can usually spot someone wearing something about a team winning various sporting events when they didn't actually win. 

Not everything is some grand conspiracy. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1

When she visited Biden headquarters in Delaware yesterday they already had the Harris posters plastered all over the walls.

Don't let the door hit ya, Joe.  Things haven't changed much since Caesar's reign.

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

I'm assuming this Friday's show will be pre taped so perhaps they taped it Monday morning before the live show.   Or they might have taped a segment for one of this week's shows.  They have done that before to accommodate a guest who wouldn't be able to be there for a live show.

I just can't see them taping shows or segments before the 11 a.m. show. They'd have to somehow let the audience know to arrive earlier and the ladies would have to get into wardrobe and makeup earlier. I can see pre-tapings happening after the live show but not before. Maybe it's just that I'm not a morning person.

• Like 6
9 hours ago, Haleth said:

Omigosh, Cole Escola is hilarious!

ITA! Whoopi is so used to people kissing the ring that when he told her “you forgot to flush “, the look on her face was priceless!

• LOL 2
9 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I just can't see them taping shows or segments before the 11 a.m. show. They'd have to somehow let the audience know to arrive earlier and the ladies would have to get into wardrobe and makeup earlier.

I can't see Whoopi showing up earlier either. Maybe they were due to tape extra sessions and she was high and forgot she was still in the live taping.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Five co-hosts and multiple producers yet no one thought to correct J D Vance's assertion when he included Pete Buttigieg in his group of "childless cat ladies?"  Pete and his husband have twins.  Also a dig at Pete including him in a group of women.

I also find it interesting Vance has used that line before, yet he is so incredibly myopic in his views, he continues to do so because he actually thinks that line is a winner.

• Like 6

The team should be ready for any and all changes (that’s why they need a team) Just as news outlets are ready to go with lengthy obituaries and memorandums. It doesn’t mean they can’t wait to shove President Biden aside. It’s called being prepared.

• Like 8
54 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

It’s called being prepared.

Honestly what did anyone think would happen had Biden died while in office but before the election ?  Every contingency is prepared for - and has been for a few centuries now!

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Dimity said:

Honestly what did anyone think would happen had Biden died while in office but before the election ?  Every contingency is prepared for - and has been for a few centuries now!

If I'm not mistaken I think Presidents have their funerals planned so everyone knows what will happen.  I think I heard that when Reagan died.  That the plans had been in place since he had been in office.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I do not understand why the well-paid and intelligent hosts would deign to legitimize JDV's truly ignorant comments via discussion. Look, this is an exciting time with the ascendency of KH but going down this rabbit hole sucked up all of the positive oxygen. The View hosts are advised to use the air time to opine and speculate about improvements to agriculture, education, immigration, women's rights, trade, foreign relations, domestic affairs, nutrition, health, and commerce. Or even discussing interesting pop culture topics. But validating Vance's mindless bloviation with commentary is beneath them, and critiquing his remarks advanced no one's well-being.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Ellis Bell Lives said:

Five co-hosts and multiple producers yet no one thought to correct J D Vance's assertion when he included Pete Buttigieg in his group of "childless cat ladies?"  Pete and his husband have twins.  Also a dig at Pete including him in a group of women.

I also find it interesting Vance has used that line before, yet he is so incredibly myopic in his views, he continues to do so because he actually thinks that line is a winner.

He made the comments in 2021 before Buttigieg had children.    But agreed it would be nice for them acknowledge Pete in the discussion.   

• Like 3
(edited)

I hope they dedicate a segment every day for Stupid Things JDV and DT Say.  🤣

He made the comments in 2021 before Buttigieg had children.    But agreed it would be nice for them acknowledge Pete in the discussion.

I don’t think Pete has a cat. 😄

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

I hope they dedicate a segment every day for Stupid Things JDV and DT Say.  🤣

I don’t think Pete has a cat. 😄

Last year on FB Pete posted a picture of his husband decorating their Christmas tree and his dog blended into his couch. 

• Useful 2
7 hours ago, Haleth said:

I hope they dedicate a segment every day for Stupid Things JDV and DT Say.

I don't believe anyone would have a problem with that as long as we can get a separate column for all the stupid things that Joy and Whoopi say!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

I don't believe anyone would have a problem with that as long as we can get a separate column for all the stupid things that Joy and Whoopi say!

Touché. 😄

Of course that would take up most of the show. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 2
11 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Ralph Macchio is still so very ADORABLE!!!

I swear to god he is just as cute as he was 40 years ago.

20 hours ago, Haleth said:

Oh boy, that JD is a piece of work, isn’t he?  Childless cat ladies?

I read his book, which I thought was awful, and I did indeed think he was a piece of work shit. If he is still a senator in 2028 I predict he loses.

16 hours ago, FaginZorro said:

But validating Vance's mindless bloviation with commentary is beneath them, and critiquing his remarks advanced no one's well-being.

But they are also maybe informing viewers who hadn't heard about the remarks.  I saw a FB friend argue with one of her FB friends who hadn't heard of Project 25. Said it was fake news.  Some people are in news silos.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

But they are also maybe informing viewers who hadn't heard about the remarks. 

Brandeis said "Sunlight is the best disinfectant."

The panelists should mention JDV's views on abortion, IVF and childless cat ladies every single time his name is brought up.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Like 12
  • Applause 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Are they running for office?  No,  they are hosts of a relatively lightweight TV show.  I see no comparison here.

17 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

But they are also maybe informing viewers who hadn't heard about the remarks.  I saw a FB friend argue with one of her FB friends who hadn't heard of Project 25. Said it was fake news.  Some people are in news silos.

And in fairness some people are just sick to death of doom scrolling and they are staying away from news sites. The View was the first place I heard Project 25 being discussed because I've been trying to stay sane and have been reading cozy murder mysteries instead of the daily news.

Edited by Dimity
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Joy and Whoopi host a tv show that is optional to the viewers … trump and vance want to run our country and shape policies.

They are not at all the same

• Like 10
  • Applause 13
16 hours ago, Dimity said:

Are they running for office?  No,  they are hosts of a relatively lightweight TV show.  I see no comparison here.

They are running to keep their job. Same difference.

14 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

Joy and Whoopi host a tv show that is optional to the viewers … trump and vance want to run our country and shape policies.

And they are also "optional" to the voters. 

• Applause 1
On 7/22/2024 at 9:39 PM, Blissfool said:

EP Brian Teta confirmed on the Thursday "Behind the Table" podcast that the Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman interview was pre-taped on Monday morning.

• Thanks 3
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

They are running to keep their job. Same difference.

And they are also "optional" to the voters. 

Should Joy and Whoopi win whatever it is you think they are running for, they are still an optional tv show that no one has to watch.

Should trump/vance ticket win the election, the entire country/world is stuck with them…

Again, not at all the same.

• Like 9
  • Applause 14
(edited)
6 hours ago, mispickel said:

EP Brian Teta confirmed on the Thursday "Behind the Table" podcast that the Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman interview was pre-taped on Monday morning.

Which explains why Joy wasn't there.

Today.  This may be unpopular, but I'm getting tired of Alyssa's broken record about "the border policies", forgetting that it was her team who refused to complete the deal because of a certain nominee who said not to do it.  

Only five minutes/one segment on hot topics today, eh?

And sorry, and I will DIE on this HILL, as I watched the show during its original run, but Kelly did NOT "Choose me" at all. Right after that line, during the summer, she was quick to hook up with Coke Snortin' Colin.

So yeah, while the line was great, it was pure lip service on Kelly's part.

And I guess years blur the truth? Because the only friends Shannen had during her run on Beverly Hills, 90210, were Brian Austin Green and Tori Spelling. Even Luke turned on her; Jason and Ian were asses, and all Jennie could do was bitch about how Shannen was "all about me and not a team player" and what happened after Shannen left? Pretty much all the focus was on KellyKellyKelly. Dylan wanted her; Brandon wanted her, blah, blah, blah. Even in show, Brandon betrayed Brenda, his sister, his twin, for the likes of Kelly. Gone was the closeness and trust and friendship and loyalty and love he showed her in the early years.

Bitter? Who, me? Whatever would give you that idea?

Truth is they didn't resolve their issues or make up until 20 years later or so.

While Jennie seems nice, she can shut up. You all were NOT close like brothers and sisters.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 8
22 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Only five minutes/one segment on hot topics today, eh?

I am pretty sure today’s show was pre taped. 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Today.  This may be unpopular, but I'm getting tired of Alyssa's broken record about "the border policies", forgetting that it was her team who refused to complete the deal because of a certain nominee who said not to do it.  

You are not alone.  Alyssa is just going to Alyssa, I can't blame her, but why doesn't any of the other panelists counter her ridiculous premise with what you posted above?!?!

• Like 5
  • Love 2