Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 6/24/2024

• Start Topic

Monday, June 24 – David Duchovny (actor, “Reverse the Curse”; podcast, “Fail Better with David Duchovny”)

Tuesday, June 25 – Mandy Moore (podcast, “That Was Us”); ABC News chief medical correspondent Dr. Jennifer Ashton

Wednesday, June 26 – Letitia Wright (executive producer, “Sound of Hope: The Story of Possum Trot”); Sean Evans (host, “Hot Ones”)

Thursday, June 27 – Busta Rhymes joined by Caroline Wanga, Essence Ventures president and CEO; Sandra Bernhard and Judy Gold (“Outstanding: A Comedy Revolution”)

Friday, June 28 – A Day of Hot Topics and debate reaction

• Thanks 6

We begin with Trump.  Shocking, I know.  His rep goes after CNN debate hosts.  CNN goes after his rep.  I thought school was out for the summer.  Alice Cooper does not lie.

Whoopi says when people have nothing to say they blab.  The word blab is repeated ad infinitum to the point, I do believe, Whoopi has nothing to say.  Self-awareness is not her strong suit.

Underfunded schools.  Ha!  They've overfunded schools in certain low-income districts and the results were abysmal.  You can't throw money at a problem and expect it to solve the problem.

Vouchers:  Redirect to poor minority students.  Why?  May the best student win.

Taylor Swift brings out the animal in middle-aged white men.  Prince William dances and dances and dances.  Paul McCartney sort of dances.  Tom Cruise almost dances. I'm not that cruel so I'll recuse myself from this conversation.

Last thought - Travis Kelce is an attention whore of the highest magnitude.

The well-preserved David Duchovny speaks of the time he explained a booty call to (at the time) Prince Charles.  The Algonquin Round Table has nothing on this group.

The producers managed to twist themselves into a pretzel in order to make a Whoopi/Duchnovy connection.  Six degrees of Whoopi.  Beyond embarrassing at this point.

VYD.  Summer theme.  Greta says she's a stylist.  Do her clothes know?

Whoopi enjoys the Kansas City Bomber wannabes. 

• Sad 1
  • LOL 5

Trump.  "A shot in the ass."  Need I say more?  

I feel if the ladies are going to go full cheerleader for Biden they need to wear the uniform and shake the pom poms. 

Whoopi says Trump's name (she was duped!) and then she spits.  She. Spits.

I wish they'd institute a cut the mic policy when Whoopi starts in with her redundancy to nowhere.  Forgot what I was saying which adds nothing to the conversation, so I'll take long pauses, pepper it by saying you know and then build to an angry finish for effect.  You know?

Work Wives:  Blood in the water and here comes Sunny. 

Joy says they are Brian's sister wives.  Brian internally re-examines his life choices which brought him to this point and decides it's better than being a middle-aged rent boy.

Dr. Jen is stepping down.  Excuse me, the term is now "stepping away."  Makes it sound as if someone has a gun pointed at them.

She sounds as if she's going full-on Martha Stewart with her smoothie recipes.

New platform:  AJENda.  Get it?

Vaginal cream for the face.  *I begin to re-examine my life choices and wonder why I continue to watch this show."  *SPOILER*  I hate-watch this show.

Menopause:  Women over 65 need estrogen for proper brain function.  Whoopi get thee to a doctor, stat.  Joy get your over-65 joke writer to a doctor, stat.

The commercial for the upcoming pres. debate looks like a cage fight, lol.

Mandy Moore:  She's pregnant.  Cartilage on top of her uterus???  WTF am I watching?  They should have had a theme show today titled:  Trip to the gyno's office.  Sara and Mandy bond over tight clothes on a pregnant woman.  Happy early birthday to Sara's little boy.  Sara looks nice in yellow.

Broadway wishes and caviar dreams. 

Podcast hell aka The Land of Reject Actors.

Blatant ROC promotional segment.  They're recruiting younger and younger.  Shameful propaganda.

After show:  Sara and Dr. Jen.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Ellis Bell Lives said:

Joy says they are Brian's sister wives.  Brian internally re-examines his life choices which brought him to this point and decides it's better than being a middle-aged rent boy.

Hahaha! This hasn't been on in my time zone yet, but I'm looking forward to it!

25 minutes ago, Ellis Bell Lives said:

Menopause:  Women over 65 need estrogen for proper brain function.  Whoopi get thee to a doctor, stat.  Joy get your over-65 joke writer to a doctor, stat.

Sadly, menopause is when the estrogen gets depleted, leading to brain fog and crankiness - hence all those stories about old "wicked witch" types.  Options for relief have issues, perhaps in the long run. :-(  I also think Joy needs to get new material sources, because she's not as funny as she thinks she is.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Ellis Bell Lives said:

See that's what kind of bothered me about the convo.  Dr. Jen stated the harmful  replacement therapies theory had been debunked.  Not so sure about that.

I suspect it is hard to verify, and who wants to take a chance for the sake of a study? For example, I used HRT years ago for some time but then stopped. Years later, I had breast cancer (all good now, thank goodness). I can't prove that those things are connected, and they may be coincidental, but now I definitely can't have any estrogen enhancers per my oncologist. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

On 6/24/2024 at 11:01 AM, Ellis Bell Lives said:

The producers managed to twist themselves into a pretzel in order to make a Whoopi/Duchnovy connection.  Six degrees of Whoopi.  Beyond embarrassing at this point.

So you dont think David Duchovny showed up on the set this morning and told the producers he'd like to discuss the 1999 song David Duchovny Why Won't You Love Me? 😉 

• LOL 6

Sunny's hair!!!  Sunny's hair!!!!  Mid-life (if one lives to be well over 100) crisis on display.  Nicole Ari Parker is to blame.

Trump's VP candidates or as Whoopi refers to them, contestants or side piece.  Stay classy, Whoopi.

Alyssa says he'll choose someone who brings the crowds but won't outshine him.  Visions of nooses dance in their heads.

Joy  hates J. D. Vance.  Yelling at the clouds time.

Sunny already targeting gay Tim Scott's white fiance.  It's a girl!

Oh, oh, oh, Ozempic decorum.  You were Yuuuuge, like crazy obese, like fat your entire life now you're thin.  What's up with that?

Whoopi's a Mounjaro girl.  I respect her honesty. 

Joy says it's nobody's business.  Translation:  I'm taking the injection.

NYT help column?  Manic husbands, war veterans, sneaky wives, nosy friends and Melatonin is the new Stevia.  More coffee, dear?

Whoopi doesn't understand manic symptoms.  Potheads aren't normally awake long enough to understand much beyond where they keep their stash of Cheetos and pork rinds.

Hot Ones:  Sean Evans.  I think I'm about to be ill. 

Sunny has a death wish.  Wait a minute I thought she was a vegetarian.  You're eating your babies you heartless bastard.  Go home and beg for forgiveness from  your chickens.  Lightweights Sara and Alyssa are tearing up.  Know your bodies, ladies.  Whoopi does not like hot foods.  I may have to reassess my critique of her functioning gray matter.

Letitia Wright:  Something about a possum.  Please don't dip the possum in hot sauce and eat it.  No more acting unless...  Born again.  Chadwick Boseman.  Whoopi sitting up straight and smiling that Celie smile.  Trying to snag an acting gig is hard work.

No Whoopi connection day two.  Heads will roll.

Alyssa on podcast.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

I love Sunny’s hair, I hope she decides to cut the Alice in Wonderland hair off.  I think it suits her MUCH better 
My best friend ( a guy 6 ft 4 ) maybe 20 lbs overweight went on Ozempic for his diabetes and lost 15 lbs but had to go off because  of very painful leg pain.   It did make him nauseated day of taking it  .   It was interesting to learn the schedule because I assumed you took it every day but that’s not the case. 
Sorry  I missed did the wife put melatonin in her husbands water or was it a shake of some kind?  I take melatonin on occasion and it dissolves  in your mouth and it is colored and flavored.       

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Shrek said:

I like Sunny's hair but it does make you wonder why she made such a drastic change, there's usually a reason for something so different. 

Eh, I change my hair every six months or so.  No real reason, I just like to.  Back in the day, my favorite thing to do was to grow it about midway down my back, chop it all off into a bob, and when I got tired of the shorter hair, repeat the process all over again.

Sunny's about to be an empty nester though, so maybe she felt it was time for a change?  

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Ellis Bell Lives said:

Whoopi doesn't understand manic symptoms.  Potheads aren't normally awake long enough to understand much beyond where they keep their stash of Cheetos and pork rinds.

Whoopi isn't representative of most weed smokers. At this point she is a caricature of a weed smoker.

15 minutes ago, Shrek said:

I like Sunny's hair but it does make you wonder why she made such a drastic change, there's usually a reason for something so different. 

I think that too.

33 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I take melatonin on occasion and it dissolves  in your mouth and it is colored and flavored.       

I've been taking melatonin for years. I've never had an issue with it. I haven't seen the show yet. What did the woman do with melatonin?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I've been taking melatonin for years. I've never had an issue with it. I haven't seen the show yet. What did the woman do with melatonin?

She was/is putting it in her husband's water bottle that he takes to work without telling him & her friend asked if she should tell him etc

18 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

Eh, I change my hair every six months or so.  No real reason, I just like to. 

That's very different than having the same hair style for years & years & suddenly changing it, plus you're not on tv and aren't known for one hair style like she is. She is either sending a message to Manny or has got the message from Manny that something might be up, even something as nondescript as Manny mentioning that he liked a certain hair style on someone else could send Sunny into a tailspin where she thinks she has to do something drastic. She has said many times how she behaves when he says or does something she doesn't like & can be a bit of a cray cray wife, I've been married 3 times & nobody has ever thrown my phone out of the car window.

1 minute ago, bluegirl147 said:

Melatonin is a sleep aid.  Why was she putting it in her husband's water before work?

Something to do with him having manic episodes & refusing to take his prescribed meds, I wasn't watching too closely so the details passed me by but I think that's the gist of it.

2 hours ago, Shrek said:

I'm pretty sure it's a wig.   She did explain the change in hair.  She said she saw Nicole Ari Parker at a party with a similar look.   She liked it so much she sent the photo to her hair stylist who made it happen for her today.   I took that to mean he obtained and styled a similar wig for her.   

Many of your favorite celebrities of all races and nationalities wear quality lace front wigs similar to what Sunny is wearing.  All of of the ladies except maybe Joy wear extensions at least some of the time.   Actually surprised this is the first time Sunny has worn a full wig like this.     

Edited by After7Only
  • Like 4
53 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Many of your favorite celebrities of all races and nationalities wear quality lace front wigs similar to what Sunny is wearing.  All of of the ladies except maybe Joy wear extensions at least some of the time.   Actually surprised this is the first time Sunny has worn a full wig like this.     

Yes, when it comes to female celebs, unless their hair is super short, I always assume that 75% of them are wearing some kind of "helper hair".  

• Like 3
2 hours ago, After7Only said:

I'm pretty sure it's a wig.   She did explain the change in hair.  She said she saw Nicole Ari Parker at a party with a similar look.   She liked it so much she sent the photo to her hair stylist who made it happen for her today.   I took that to mean he obtained and styled a similar wig for her.   

I agree.  Joy actually asked her if it's her own hair and she said no.  

4 hours ago, Shrek said:

I've been married 3 times & nobody has ever thrown my phone out of the car window.

Or thrown away a cake given by a co-worker.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I always wonder where/how women with so much hair hide it under a wig. 

With Sunny, I assume they straighten it first, then probably pin it down.  Also, while I think Sunny's hair is fairly long and curly naturally, she's probably also sporting some extensions or something to give it max volume while on the show.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Party of one here - I didn't like Sunny's hair. I thought she looked like Wendy WIlliams. 

Ozempic topic: this exact same topic was discussed last month when Barbra Streisand very publicly asked Melissa McCarthy is she was on ozempic.

I didn't like Sunny's hair either. 

I think they did discuss the Streisand / McCarthy texts before.

Personally, I find it rude to comment on anyone's appearance other than to tell them that the look good. Even that can be tricky if they take it to mean that looking good is a surprise. :-) Best thing for me is to not comment at all if someone gains or loses weight unless they bring it up. If they do, then I think it is ok to ask what they did, although I wouldn't contradict them even it seemed unlikely. 

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Party of one here - I didn't like Sunny's hair. I thought she looked like Wendy WIlliams. 

Ozempic topic: this exact same topic was discussed last month when Barbra Streisand very publicly asked Melissa McCarthy is she was on ozempic.

i didn't like her hair, didn't like it on the gal she got the idea from either and don't like it when sara wears her hair in a similar unfinished looking style

i just don't like that style

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Haleth said:

I always wonder where/how women with so much hair hide it under a wig. 

Many women have their own hair cornrow braided back then the ends of the braids are pinned to the head. Slap on a wig cap and wig... then Voilà!  Sunny has a messy bob for a day.   

3 hours ago, KittyQ said:

I think it is a bit much for the panel to assume that undecided voters are "uninformed". Maybe they are well informed but just can't pick their poison yet because they aren't sure which choice will be less risky.

I think there's several buckets of undecided voters.   There are some as described above.   Who don't like either candidate.    There are people who don't pay attention to politics at all, but still want to vote on the President who really are uninformed voters.   There's those who know who they are going to vote for, but just don't want to say publicly.   Then there are those who lean one way or the other, but just like the attention given to undecided voters 🙂

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
5 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I think there's several buckets of undecided voters.   There are some as described above.   Who don't like either candidate.    There are people who don't pay attention to politics at all, but still want to vote on the President who really are uninformed voters.   There's those who know who they are going to vote for, but just don't want to say publicly.   Then there are those who lean one way or the other, but just like the attention given to undecided voters 🙂

Yes. I agree. Although the panel seemed to imply that voters who have already determined who they are voting for are more informed than the undecideds. Some voters who have already decided who to vote for - don't pay attention, but still want to vote and choose the party they always choose, decide to vote for whoever their favorite celebrities or public figures suggest, or have a single issue that overrides all other social or policy considerations, and they vote for whoever is closest to their position on that.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Ellis Bell Lives said:

Sunny likes Newsom (walk your dog in Ca. then wipe human feces off the dog's paws when you get home.)  

I stopped reading after this misleading statement. I live in CA & in 20 years have never once seen such a thing, in fact I was in SF on Saturday & didn't see any then & with a quick walk around the streets where I live it would be doubtful you would even see dogshit. It's a huge state and you shouldn't believe everything you're told by people with an agenda. It's not for everyone but there's a reason so many people live here.

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
4 minutes ago, Shrek said:

I stopped reading after this misleading statement. I live in CA & in 20 years have never once seen such a thing, in fact I was in SF on Saturday & didn't see any then & with a quick walk around the streets where I live it would be doubtful you would even see dogshit. It's a huge state and you shouldn't believe everything you're told by people with an agenda. It's not for everyone but there's a reason so many people live here.

This is a headline (not the article I recall reading) about a dog ingesting human feces in SF.  Go search and you read it for yourself.  

"San Francisco woman urges dog owners to be vigilant after her Himalayan Sheepdog Poodle mix, Pockets, ingested human feces tainted with opioids and marijuana"

California has a negative net migration.  People are leaving in droves.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

To answer Sunny's question about "Why are we Democrats talking about replacing our candidate" because with all of Trump's deficits, the Republicans aren't - because sticking with a weak candidate is not the way to defeat Trump. Wishing and hoping isn't going to make it so. If you really want to win, then field a stronger candidate. 

Some of the panel seemed to find Biden's post-debate behavior encouraging - that's even more embarrassing, IMO - you perform weakly when it matters, but somehow can be on top of your game when the pressure is off? 

• Like 3