Type keyword(s) to search

Roseanne Alphabet Game: That was my joke guess!

BookThief

If anyone is interested, I thought I'd try out the Roseanne alphabet game.  I've enjoyed the Golden Girls one and that and Roseanne are my favorite syndicated shows.  I've never started a topic before so hopefully I don't mess it up...

How about to start, just go with anything relating to the show?

A is for the Affair Dan had but didn't have because he was actually dead.

B is for Buy 'n' Bag where Roseanne shopped and Becky worked for a while (and I think Darlene too, for maybe 1 episode).

C is for Conner. C as in 'cat,' O as in 'oaf,' N as in 'numbskull,' N as in 'nitwit'...E as in...'empty-headed,' R as in 'target!'

(I'll stop now)

• Love 1

G is for the Ganja that Jackie determined, while sitting in the bathtub, was the only thing in her life.  Roseanne and Dan found this hilarious...

H is for Hans the Hare that David was being brainwashed into becoming in a weird, anti-Disney episode.

• Love 1

U is for underwear. Underwear being tossed out of the bedroom window when the girls are fighting, Dan's underwear ending up in the neighbor's tree after the tornado, underwear being held up during the never ending laundry folding...

Edited by MissMel
  • Love 1

V is for Vonda, Roseanne's friend in the early seasons.  Her most notable time on screen was probably when she sang in Roseanne's bathroom dream episode.

W is for the Wellman factory that many of the characters worked at in the first season.  "Guess we're not gonna make our quota today, honeybunch!"

• Love 1

OK, so this won't be as popular as the Golden Girls version...too bad!

X is for X-rated, which is what the woman from the premium cable station wanted to make Roseanne's life after they won the lottery in episodes that I try to forget.

Y is for Yelling, which all the characters did from time to time.

Anyone want to finish it off?

• Love 1

Z is for Zeke. I mean Ziggy! Ziggy! Ziggy, that jerk. 

ETA: I totally just lost my Roseanne cred. Thanks for setting me straight BookThief. I'm embarrassed. Sigh

Edited by redlaces
  • Love 1

B is for "BARRY WATNICK, his name was BARRY WATNICK!" from the story that Roseanne shares with Becky about how one day she won't even remember this embarrassing incident like she can't remember the name of a boy she was embarrassed in front of decades ago (except Becky knew better...)

• Love 1

C is for corn! Wasn't there corn of some kind in every single episode?

D is for dodge. As in slug bug/Cadillac whack, etc. on the road trip to check out the mistress. "Dodge" "Dodge what?" "Dodge this!"

• Love 1

V is for virginity, which is what Becky wanted to give/had given up, which required her to discuss birth control with Roseanne. This prompted Jackie to say "isn't it great, Roseanne!" LMs& RBs facial expressions in that scene were a lesson in acting without words.

• Love 4

I might be the only one willing to play, but why not restart for the revival?

A is for Apple, for the apple bob in Season 2's "BOO!"   

Added bonus quote: "Where are all the apples? Didn't we buy like a 100 apples? Can't I even have an apple in my own house!?"

• Love 1