Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E12: Bit of an Ick

• Start Topic

"The King and Queen continue to tax the interior and the galley; Chef Anthony spirals to a low place; Dylan must face the music after Bosun Ben catches him spreading hurtful rumors; Barbie and Kyle's friendship takes an unexpected turn."

Airs 4/22/24

I hate Frasier (whom I was a fan of before!!!) and the captain for how little support they're giving Anthony. I would love to see an episode of Kate and Lee to hear their perspective. This poor guy got no support whatsoever. Instead of complaining, Kate and others would have given him support with menus, etc., especially because Anthony is so sweet, and why weren't the deckhands helping with dinner dishes like they did on every other season?!?

Also can't wait to hear what Captain Kerry will have to say when he learns that Ben is fucking Sunny.

• Like 6

And duck bacon? The small gourmet grocery shop where Julia Child shopped in Boston sells duck bacon--sometimes--it's the only place I've ever seen it, and I'm a regular at the Boston local gourmet groceries. They are not finding duck bacon in wherever the fuck they are in the islands.

And the tips this season have been higher than normal, but this group tonight was never going to be a big tipper.

• Like 15

Fuck you Frasier! 

" oh I'm truly heartbroken!" Nope u r not. This us what you were striving for. 

While I agree Anthony struggled .. it wasn't all his fault. He had some shifty charter requests. Lol.

Ok. I'm done.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
(edited)

I adored Anthony, but it seemed that Fraser and Captain supported him plenty. Fraser helped him plate all the time and gave him plenty of advice - Captain had a couple of reasonable chats with him pointing out where he needed to improve.

But it's Fraser and his team that have to deal with unhappy (and in this case, demanding and ridiculous) guests and they have their own jobs to do without having to mentor or assist the chef too. He has to be able to do his job, and he was struggling.

Not sure why he wasn't getting help with dishes, or if that's a normal thing, but maybe they didn't have the resources. No clue.

Didn't like how Fraser handed the Barbie situation, but I don't blame him for this. It just sucked because Anthony is a sweetheart.

Edited by deboraht
  • Like 7
5 hours ago, deboraht said:

I adored Anthony, but it seemed that Fraser and Captain supported him plenty. Fraser helped him plate all the time and gave him plenty of advice - Captain had a couple of reasonable chats with him pointing out where he needed to improve.

But it's Fraser and his team that have to deal with unhappy (and in this case, demanding and ridiculous) guests and they have their own jobs to do without having to mentor or assist the chef too. He has to be able to do his job, and he was struggling.

Not sure why he wasn't getting help with dishes, or if that's a normal thing, but maybe they didn't have the resources. No clue.

Didn't like how Fraser handed the Barbie situation, but I don't blame him for this. It just sucked because Anthony is a sweetheart.

On every season I've watched, someone from the deck crew has always helped with dishes. They have the resources.

• Like 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, politichick said:

On every season I've watched, someone from the deck crew has always helped with dishes. They have the resources.

I did notice that Dylan was helping with dish duty at dinner.  

The deck crew never took water toys out? What did they do all day, shine the chrome? Captain never once told them to put out the slide or that banana thing or that scuba thing, nothing?

The movie premier party was confusing, some of them were supposed to be the actual star and the others just people going to the movie? 

Cheffy making a Chicken Caesar for a starter at dinner was an odd choice considering he was serving chicken as an entree to one of the guests, so was his choice for using Bucatini for mac and cheese like there were no other short pasta options?

That said, those guests were there to eat, they wanted dinner then second dinner but the funny thing was not once during the day did they ask for snacks, only at night.

I felt bad for Cheffy but also a sense of relief, it was painful to watch him swing in the wind, he can be brilliant in a restaurant on dry land.

Who do we think will be the replacement chef? Ooooh maybe Beef Cheecks Leon?! LOL.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Like 5
  • LOL 1

If I'm ever fired and the people pushing for/delivering the news of my ouster immediately try to hug me, tell me how sad they are & how much they love me, I will throw hands. Just sayin.

It felt like Fraser was chasing him around the boat trying to assuage his guilt. Give the poor guy some time & space to compose himself. Sad for Anthony because he obviously took it very personally. 

This type of yachting likely isn't the best space for him. I think he'd shine as a personal chef or even as a traditional yacht chef with longer charters/normal guests. The drama casting for all BD shows has become insane. Who the hell were these people? Why would one charter a yacht if you've no interest in the water? Duck bacon in Grenada??  hahahaha

Ok, Barbie is/was married and yet she's acting like a teenager who's worried that her Dad is going to find out she had sex. Oh, and nice pixelation on his very erect schlong, Bravo :)

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Oh, and nice pixelation on his very erect schlong, Bravo :)

Oh, let's talk about this, shall we? I could not believe what I was seeing on my TV. Ordinarily there would be just a circular blur over that general area. Not this time. Bravo wanted to be sure we saw what was happening downstairs. They got out their Photoshop lasso and drew an outline around Kyle's boner and used the blur tool just on that specific area, which left nothing to the imagination. 😲

1 hour ago, snarts said:

The drama casting for all BD shows has become insane. Who the hell were these people? Why would one charter a yacht if you've no interest in the water? Duck bacon in Grenada??  hahahaha

This is really the root of the problem. Bravo has seriously diluted the concept because of the expansive franchise. They have to find guests not only for this show, but also for Med, Sailing Yacht, Down Under, etc. And the pandemic only made things worse. They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel and bringing in reality show wannabes and other Bravo-lebrities who think they're supposed to be obnoxious. 

Tumi was on WWHL and Andy asked her if producers encourage guests to be obnoxious. She said a lot of them just think they're supposed to be that way because they've seen the show and know they're on TV. When you've got a camera crew following you around you probably feel obligated to perform.

1 hour ago, snarts said:

Duck bacon in Grenada??  hahahaha

I understand there are limitations on what provisioners are able to supply locally. That said, the primary specified that she didn't eat pork, and Anthony tried to serve her regular bacon anyway. Just like he tried to serve vegetables to the lady who didn't eat vegetables. This has been a chronic problem with him from the start, he couldn't seem to follow preferences.

I think it was telling that when Kerry brought him up the the wheelhouse, Anthony would only admit to making a few mistakes and downplayed how badly he was doing. Perhaps he was in denial that every meal had been more or less a disaster or maybe he hoped he could fool Kerry into thinking it hadn't. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Oh, let's talk about this, shall we? I could not believe what I was seeing on my TV. Ordinarily there would be just a circular blur over that general area. Not this time. Bravo wanted to be sure we saw what was happening downstairs. They got out their Photoshop lasso and drew an outline around Kyle's boner and used the blur tool just on that specific area, which left nothing to the imagination. 😲

This is really the root of the problem. Bravo has seriously diluted the concept because of the expansive franchise. They have to find guests not only for this show, but also for Med, Sailing Yacht, Down Under, etc. And the pandemic only made things worse. They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel and bringing in reality show wannabes and other Bravo-lebrities who think they're supposed to be obnoxious. 

Tumi was on WWHL and Andy asked her if producers encourage guests to be obnoxious. She said a lot of them just think they're supposed to be that way because they've seen the show and know they're on TV. When you've got a camera crew following you around you probably feel obligated to perform.

I understand there are limitations on what provisioners are able to supply locally. That said, the primary specified that she didn't eat pork, and Anthony tried to serve her regular bacon anyway. Just like he tried to serve vegetables to the lady who didn't eat vegetables. This has been a chronic problem with him from the start, he couldn't seem to follow preferences.

I think it was telling that when Kerry brought him up the the wheelhouse, Anthony would only admit to making a few mistakes and downplayed how badly he was doing. Perhaps he was in denial that every meal had been more or less a disaster or maybe he hoped he could fool Kerry into thinking it hadn't. 

yes- for example, he WAS asked for lobster grilled cheese and he would not acknowledge that. I mean, I couldn’t stand these guests, but he (King?- gag) was not wrong in this situation. 

• Like 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Who do we think will be the replacement chef? Ooooh maybe Beef Cheecks Leon?! LOL.

🎵 “Hello lovelies” 🎶 

Edited by aqusdealer
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Anthony says he will be back.  If he appears on another BD show, we know this firing was just the usual BD BS.

They struggled to find stews but they just happened to have another chef in their back pocket?

I don't watch this show for who is going to be fired, though some do deserve it.

But now it makes no difference whether the cast member deserves it.  It's predetermined because they have a replacement handy so they just want to find some excuse to turn over the cast several times during the season.

It was the lowest tip of the season but still $1350 per person for a couple of days of work.

A good tip would have been maybe $300 more per person?

They try to make it sound like a disaster.  But the tips are fake as well.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I was struggling to find the word for these guests. Then I remembered. They were gauche, no manners, or sophistication.  Just loud mouthed people who thought they looked good by being demanding. Bravo please stop bringing these obnoxious people on as guests. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

Fraser - my stews, my yacht, my captain. And his fake pain Chef was fired. It is exactly what he wanted and  did little to help him out be it with menus or helping to find a ice cream scoop, or with the dishes. Oh -and place the guests at the table to wait for lunch with out beach time and games and drinks. Then - all aboard, lets tumble into the boat to return.

Ben - she opened her legs. OMG. Can't even imagine the reunion.

Anthony - in over his head...needs a different venue for his food and artistic meals. He could not even read what the guests really wanted. And it wasn't so much seafood. I would gag at tuna ceviche too. Other chefs have been able to adapt to menus that appealed to the guests after a meal or too. And the primary did say grilled lobster and cheese sandwiches late at night or whatever Anthony did not get right.

Poor Barbie. Previously/still (?) married and her pen money for working goes to her purses because she is supported by her dad and or ex. Finds lust suddenly and is torn up because being with Kyle (like all boat-mances work out) and Kyle is secretly Jewish, successful and wealthy like he dad would want...or that sex therapist Mom would disapprove of a fling. OTOH I think she is a little shaken and likes his attention and the chemistry.

Dylan - seriously and omg with Sunny.

Love Kerry managing all this and I think he knows more than he  lets on.

• Like 1

This dude Dylan is just crazy to watch work, man. I promise you every woman who ever fell for his looks regretted fucking him within a couple of days. He's absolutely insufferable and lost. Is it possible he's in a Resident Alien situation? It's inexplicable how off putting he is. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
On 4/22/2024 at 9:23 PM, politichick said:

I hate Frasier (whom I was a fan of before!!!) and the captain for how little support they're giving Anthony. I would love to see an episode of Kate and Lee to hear their perspective. This poor guy got no support whatsoever. Instead of complaining, Kate and others would have given him support with menus, etc., especially because Anthony is so sweet, and why weren't the deckhands helping with dinner dishes like they did on every other season?!?

Also can't wait to hear what Captain Kerry will have to say when he learns that Ben is fucking Sunny.

I like Captain Kerry. I feel he’s not getting the whole perspective just what he’s getting from Fraser. I definitely don’t like Fraser who is acting immature and is being super personal about everything. I do believe Anthony was over his head but Fraser wasn’t doing him any favors. Fraser and the deck crew could have helped him a little more so he wasn’t so overwhelmed. My feeling is the devil you know vs, etc. who knows how the new chef will be like. He could give Fraser a hard time.here’s hoping!!

On 4/22/2024 at 9:47 PM, politichick said:

And duck bacon? The small gourmet grocery shop where Julia Child shopped in Boston sells duck bacon--sometimes--it's the only place I've ever seen it, and I'm a regular at the Boston local gourmet groceries. They are not finding duck bacon in wherever the fuck they are in the islands.

And the tips this season have been higher than normal, but this group tonight was never going to be a big tipper.

You can’t fault someone for not getting something if it’s not available. The provisioner said Turkey bacon is not available either.  

On 4/23/2024 at 1:44 AM, deboraht said:

I’m not saying Fraser is 100% at fault with this . Anthony could have been more observant to the charter guests requests or in this case demands. But Fraser could have brought it up too before Anthony brought out the food. Did Anthony have enough help from the deck crew? Only the editors know . Either way I feel bad for him .

• Like 5
23 minutes ago, realitytvfan1017 said:

You can’t fault someone for not getting something if it’s not available. The provisioner said Turkey bacon is not available either.  

Yeah, I get that, but then don't just go ahead and try serving regular (pork) bacon anyway when the primary specified she doesn't eat pork! That's what's so frustrating, it's a pretty straight-forward request.

24 minutes ago, realitytvfan1017 said:

But Fraser could have brought it up too before Anthony brought out the food. Did Anthony have enough help from the deck crew? Only the editors know . Either way I feel bad for him .

Fraser did in fact go over every single dish with Anthony. We saw him asking "what about this person, what about this person, what about this person?" For anyone complaining Fraser should have been helping more, or helping to plan meals, he definitely stood there and tried to make sure everyone's preferences were being met when they were going over what Anthony was going to make. What more was he supposed to do, help cook the food too?

Of course I feel bad for Anthony, he's a sweetie, and when he broke down and cried after being fired it broke my heart. But his failures are his own. 

• Like 2
22 hours ago, aghst said:

But now it makes no difference whether the cast member deserves it.  It's predetermined because they have a replacement handy so they just want to find some excuse to turn over the cast several times during the season.

I was afraid of this.  They have an arc where they have a chef all lined up to take over....probably someone we know from other seasons/franchises.  Then, they edit to highlight Anthony's mistakes and skim over his successes.  This can be devastating for his career.  Hopefully he will find a lovely restaurant to work in, with many sous chefs and staff, so he won't have to be a one-man show.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Yeah, I get that, but then don't just go ahead and try serving regular (pork) bacon anyway when the primary specified she doesn't eat pork! That's what's so frustrating, it's a pretty straight-forward request.

Fraser did in fact go over every single dish with Anthony. We saw him asking "what about this person, what about this person, what about this person?" For anyone complaining Fraser should have been helping more, or helping to plan meals, he definitely stood there and tried to make sure everyone's preferences were being met when they were going over what Anthony was going to make. What more was he supposed to do, help cook the food too?

Of course I feel bad for Anthony, he's a sweetie, and when he broke down and cried after being fired it broke my heart. But his failures are his own. 

Definitely agree about the bacon. I recall several times when Anthony served fish that Fraser didn’t say anything. That’s what I was referring to. I only recall Fraser mentioning why he was making Caesar salad with chicken and chicken as a main dish for the woman doesn’t like fish. 

• Like 2

With a preference sheet that complicated, every day there should have been a meeting between Fraser (head of interior) and the chef, that basically put down on the white board a spreadsheet of who's eating what at each meal, to make sure it matched up. Instead they just flew by the seat of their pants. Bad idea. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 4

Fraser is such a whiny bitch.  May Karma bite him in the ass.  Hard.

I wish Anthony well.  He's a great chef, but just not cut out for this type of job.  More help might have helped, who knows.  Maybe his father's death anniversary rattled him more than we saw.  Everybody is different.

My Dad died when I was 32, 33 years ago.  I never dwelt on the anniversarys, you just move on.

I hope the new chef makes Fraser cry in his Chardonnay.

Ben is an asshole and Sunny is just stupid (and horny).  "How dare you talk about me behind my back!"

Um, it's called work.  Most everybody in every workplace everywhere bitches about their boss when the boss isn't around.  Like he did with Jared.

Dylan seems to have grown some brain cells.  Wow

This "lead-deckhand" thing is so stupid.  It's really not needed.  I guess it's to manufacture unnecessary drama.  

Barbie-Kyle?  The odd couple.  Kyle annoys me the least right now.  Don't fret Beabie, daddy will get over it.

Paris seems really smart staying out of the drama (for now :)), and is a good worker.

Xandi should drop the mean girl nonsense.  This "lead stew" thing seems to have gone to her head

• Like 5
2 hours ago, PaperTree said:

This "lead-deckhand" thing is so stupid.  It's really not needed.  I guess it's to manufacture unnecessary drama.

Yeah, Ben knew he was screwed (heh) whichever person he chose, so he shouldn't have chosen anyone.

Regarding the bacon, we've seen chefs get off the boat and go into grocery stores on the island - Anthony could have tried to get a fakin' bacon that way.

• Like 3

I agree, I think a lead deckhand may be needed when there is a larger crew but for a 4 person team it doesn’t seem necessary.  It was ballsy of Ben to appoint his bed buddy the lead deckhand and very unprofessional. He shouldn’t be sleeping with his subordinates. 
I felt bad for Anthony but I don’t understand why there isn’t an assistant to help these yacht chefs.  They could handle the late night/early morning requests from fat drunks who just had dinner a couple hours ago. 
The preference sheet mishaps are on Anthony however. It does seem like a pain but he should have some kind of menu made up beforehand that includes the picky people . I understand not being able to get duck bacon but turkey bacon is fairly easy to get. He made a comment that he ordered it but didn’t know where it was. That’s crap. He should have made sure he had the correct provisions for the primary. 
I am liking Captain Kerry. He’s not a dramatic asshole like Sandy who plays favorites. He’s seems like an actual leader.

• Like 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

He made a comment that he ordered it but didn’t know where it was. That’s crap. He should have made sure he had the correct provisions for the primary. 

It was implied that Barbie & Kyle used the turkey bacon on the late night paninis the guests requested their first night. Which makes sense since the primary ate one without complaint.

So he originally ordered correctly for his planned menu but he was unaware that they ate one of the needed items for the final day's breakfast special.

Edited by snarts
clarity on which night
  • Like 2
  • Useful 9
7 hours ago, snarts said:

It was implied that Barbie & Kyle used the turkey bacon on the late night paninis the guests requested their first night. Which makes sense since the primary ate one without complaint.

So he originally ordered correctly for his planned menu but he was unaware that they ate one of the needed items for the final day's breakfast special.

Oh that’s right! If they hadn’t been such pigs the queen would have had her precious turkey bacon for breakfast. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
(edited)

I hope these guests look back at this and realize the part they played in Anthony's dismissal (as well as the last group, who had all kinds of limits on what they "could" eat, none of them being allergic or having a medical reason).  They should have put on the preference sheet that they wanted a fourth meal in the middle of the night, so cheffy could have prepared it ahead of time.  And, yes, a meal...they mentioned wanting lobster and then settling for "sangwiches"  when Barbie said she couldn't do lobster.  And they were completely appalled at the idea of snacks.  Seeing Anthony work until late in the night, get up and make another meal in the middle of his sleep, AND THEN get fired the next day was heartbreaking.

Fraser needs to stop with the fake compassion.  Anthony made some mistakes, but Fraser magnified everything and then was instrumental in getting him dismissed.  

Edited by SemiCharmedLife
addition
  • Like 2
  • Applause 9
32 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I hope these guests look back at this and realize the part they played in Anthony's dismissal (as well as the last group, who had all kinds of limits on what they "could" eat, none of them being allergic or having a medical reason).  They should have put that they wanted a fourth meal in the middle of the night, so cheffy could have prepared it ahead of time.  And, yes, a meal...they mentioned wanting lobster and then settling for "sangwiches"  when Barbie said she couldn't do lobster.  And they were completely appalled at the idea of snacks.  Seeing Anthony work until late in the night, get up and make another meal in the middle of his sleep, AND THEN get fired the next day was heartbreaking.

Fraser needs to stop with the fake compassion.  Anthony made some mistakes, but Fraser magnified everything and then was instrumental in getting him dismissed.  

You are right. Poor Anthony had two groups of assholes one right after the other. Jill Zarin led the first group and behaved appallingly. The second group was also disgusting. What was the deal with needing the crew to photograph them and kiss their ass? You are correct, what they wanted was a 4th meal. I know drunks like to eat but they were over the top. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I forgot to complain about how nakedly producer driven their "theme night" was. What group of adults plans a lux vacation on a yacht and says "You know what? Let;s do this dinner where we all pretend to be celebrities on a red carpet, in like costumes with streamers and a ten foot long red carpet, and we'll ask the crew to set their phone alarms off so they look like flashbulbs, and we'll call it movie premier night!" or some shit. I mean seriously, what adult hears that plan and lets it get past 'red carpet' without stopping it and saying "That sounds dumb as fuck, no." 

"Black and white party" or something like that I get, but seriously, nothing has looked THIS unnatural since they had Dildofest with Aesha barking like a dog in a gimp suit a couple of years ago. NO ONE WITH MONEY ACTS LIKE THIS. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

NO ONE WITH MONEY ACTS LIKE THIS. 

For the most part, the richest people I have ever met in life dress down and blend in.

• Like 5
8 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

NO ONE WITH MONEY ACTS LIKE THIS. 

Uh, I don't think these people actually have "luxury yacht" money. I think most of the guests have to be recruited. There has been a noticeable drop in the quality of the guests since the earliest seasons. I suspect people who could actually afford to charter a yacht would a.) want it for more than 2 days and b.) wouldn't want to be on a tacky Bravo reality show.

That said, the entire point of this series is to show us how a yacht crew deals with demanding guests and their ridiculous requests. They either hack it, or they don't. So whether the guests come up with the idea on their own or they don't, they're just doing their job. And the show actually gets its ideas for these requests from stories about the ridiculous things yacht guests have asked for in real life.

I do think the primary and her husband actually came up with this "red carpet" shit. I'd expect no less from anyone coming aboard asking to be called King and Queen.

• Like 4
On 4/24/2024 at 2:18 PM, Uncle JUICE said:

With a preference sheet that complicated, every day there should have been a meeting between Fraser (head of interior) and the chef, that basically put down on the white board a spreadsheet of who's eating what at each meal, to make sure it matched up. Instead they just flew by the seat of their pants. Bad idea. 

Exactly. I saw someone post, not here but on FB that it wasn't Fraser's responsibility to do that.

23 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I hope these guests look back at this and realize the part they played in Anthony's dismissal (as well as the last group, who had all kinds of limits on what they "could" eat, none of them being allergic or having a medical reason).  They should have put on the preference sheet that they wanted a fourth meal in the middle of the night, so cheffy could have prepared it ahead of time.  And, yes, a meal...they mentioned wanting lobster and then settling for "sangwiches"  when Barbie said she couldn't do lobster.  And they were completely appalled at the idea of snacks.  Seeing Anthony work until late in the night, get up and make another meal in the middle of his sleep, AND THEN get fired the next day was heartbreaking.

This last group wouldn't care about Anthony getting fired and it's a toss up if the group before would have cared either.

IMO Fraser undermined Anthony and did not help him. Complained to Kerry and did nothing to help Anthony.

OTOH Anthony was out of his element knowing what the awful guests wanted or expected and really did not try to discuss it. Any charters.

He had to prepare 2 dinners, 2 breakfasts, and  maybe 3 lunches. And available snacks.

Chefs like Ben say omg...I need to talk to the primary to make this right.

Anthony is certainly a good chef...but cannot read that some people want "normal" food. And more of it. It is not just for a beautiful plate with no substance where they are hungry and hour or two later.

OTOH - I think he will do well when he finds himself as a head chef for those that love his food, and has sous chefs. He will be fine.

• Applause 1