Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast In Other Roles: Gotham Beyond

DollEyes
  • Start Topic

Not surprisingly, Gotham  has several actors who have played other parts before, such as Ben McKenzie, who was great in The O.C. and Southland and Jada Pinkett Smith, who played Lena James in A Different World, Lyric in Jason's Lyric and Nurse Hawthorne in Hawthorne.

Then there's David Mazouz, whose last Fox series Touch, only lasted a couple of seasons, but given Gotham's pedigree, I think this one will last a bit longer.

As for Sean Pertwee, who plays Alfred, he's not only played Lestrade on Elementary, he was also in Dog Soldiers and Event Horizon, among numerous other things.

Ditto for Donal Logue, who's been in Sons Of Anarchy, L&O:SVU, The Tao Of Steve and Blade, to name a few.

Talk about the Gotham cast in other acting roles, past, present and/or future, lead, supporting or guest star, here.

Richard Kind has been in a ton of things, but I know him mainly from Spin City, so it's amusing to me that he managed to get "promoted" from working for the Mayor to being the Mayor.

• Love 3

Kind's ability to pull off drama is enjoyable it's usually pretty lighthearted. I liked him as the asshole reporter on the half season of Golden Boy. He was also part of the great ensemble that was The Station Agent years ago.

Another great alumni of the Second City.

DC crossover! Anthony Carrigan, who played a villain on the 3rd episode of The Flash, is playing another DC villain (Victor Zsaszs) in this Monday's episode.

I wonder if he'll show up on Constantine?

Robert Lloyd Taylor

It's Robin Lord Taylor.

Besides his debut as Harvey Dent,  Nicholas D'Agosto was also in this week's episode of Grey's Anatomy,

as a character who has a booty call with Geena Davis' dying character,

therefore given who his character on this show eventually becomes, the actor should get used to being in two places at once.

Edited by DollEyes

I found Donal Logue repulsive on Life. I've seen him elsewhere since, but Harvey Bullock is the first role in which I adore him, which makes me realize he's a really great actor and not just a repulsive guy playing himself.

Repulsive!! Holy shit!!!  how could anyone find him repulsive?   can such things BE?????    LMFAO, etc. etc. etc. I've had a thing for him ever since Blade, but if you would really like to see what a great actor he is you should watch Terriers, which was one of the greatest TV shows of the last ten or fifteen years. Maybe ever. 

And to get to what I originally came here to post, on the recent Law and Order SVU marathon, I noticed that Clare Foley (Poison Ivy) appeared in season 15 along with Logue as the daughter of a famous TV producer who may or may not have molested her:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3599558/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_4

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 1

Camren Bicandova appeared briefly on today's Kitten Bowl (Hallmark Channel), speaking up for adopting your next cat from a shelter, pointing out that cats who grow up on the streets may very well grow up to be criminals.  Yes she identified herself as playing Selina Kyle on Gotham.

• Love 1

As for Sean Pertwee, who plays Alfred, he's not only played Lestrade on Elementary, he was also in Dog Soldiers and Event Horizon, among numerous other things.

I just spotted him in S01E02 of Luther playing a bad, bad, bad man.  His eyes were dead.  Underneath SP just oozed the same sort of steel you see in Alfred.  

BTW, Victoria Cartagena, who played Renee Montoya in Season 1, will play... Renee Montoya in Season 3 of Batwoman.

Cartagena’s Montoya is a former GCPD officer who left the force when she could no longer stomach the corruption inside the department. She now runs the “freaks division,” which hasn’t seen a lot of action…until now. Righteous and pragmatic, and LGBTQ+, she’s a woman with a very personal (and mysterious) mission to help clean the streets of Gotham in the right way, by whatever means necessary.

https://deadline.com/2021/07/batwoman-victoria-cartagena-renee-montoya-dc-hero-season-3-cw-series-1234796596/

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Camera One said:

I was watching "The Crown" and this one character just looked so familiar and I couldn't place her at all until I looked her up.  I can't believe I forgot she was in "Gotham"!

Who would that be?