Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Aurora

• Start Topic

When a widower offers a reward to find his only daughter who disappeared three years ago and is presumed dead, Colter agrees to help track her down. After the missing girl's father shows Colter a newspaper photo from a recent county fair he's convinced is her, Colter's search leads him into the world of amateur ghost hunting and paranormal activity, on the CBS original series TRACKER, Sunday, April 21 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

(edited)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Director Jon Huertas and Justin Hartley on the set of ‘Tracker’ episode 9.

spacer.png

Justin Hartley, Robert Moloney and director Jon Huertas on the set of episode 9.

spacer.png

Edited by Snazzy Daisy

I want to know how he knew there was an I beam directly overhead to smash her head. This seemed like a quick case to solve. Lots of misdirects, though. I suspected the guard who came in and stood behind Coulter during the prison interview. Rewatched that scene, Coulter knew he was there.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Daff said:

I want to know how he knew there was an I beam directly overhead to smash her head.

I saw the set up and flashed back to the early MMA days when if you didn't lock a hold immediately the defender if strong enough just lifted you and started smashing you into the ground. But heroes can't do that to women. 

7 minutes ago, Daff said:

This seemed like a quick case to solve. Lots of misdirects, though.

When the victim was asking who Coulter was, with a generation of SVU behind me my mind went there with the other supernatural stuff collateral. So I was surprised with the take her directly home reunion.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Raja said:

So I was surprised with the take her directly home reunion.

Coulter had to prove that he was the one who deserves the money, he cant have that police woman swooping in at the last second, then taking her dream vacation in Cancun.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 4

Was this Aurora Colorado?
Or…?

This episode was like all of those shows I don't watch with the creepy creepsters. 
Now I'm really annoyed that this show was renewed but So Help Me Todd was cancelled. 
Sorry.
</rant>

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Aurora, Vermont.  Which doesn't seem to exist, according to Google Maps.  And not a single shoutout to maple syrup, although I did kind of like the deputy's snark at Colter's homeschooling.  But only kind of.

Once again, Colter shows up unannounced at a door, doesn't identify himself except with a brief "I just had some questions for you about a missing girl", and the woman not only lets him in, but lets him roam through the house.  I guess it's somewhat mitigated by her being a psycho kidnapper anyway.

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

Wow that was really good, it felt like a Halloween episode, the show has a lot of potential, it's a shame that so many episodes use the same formula over and over again.

The actor that played the dad did a phenomenal job.

The ending was kinda rushed, Coulter could've texted the detective when he saw the bag, and that's a strange place to keep the keys to the dungeon or whatever that was.

Two episodes in a row with really helpful cops and where was Bobby?

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

Aurora, Vermont.  Which doesn't seem to exist, according to Google Maps.  And not a single shoutout to maple syrup, although I did kind of like the deputy's snark at Colter's homeschooling.  But only kind of.

Once again, Colter shows up unannounced at a door, doesn't identify himself except with a brief "I just had some questions for you about a missing girl", and the woman not only lets him in, but lets him roam through the house.  I guess it's somewhat mitigated by her being a psycho kidnapper anyway.

I saw an excited father rush out to greet Coulter as he was parking. 

Giving Coulter the nickname of home school did seem like something a regular character would do, not a friend of the week.

4 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Coulter had to prove that he was the one who deserves the money, he cant have that police woman swooping in at the last second, then taking her dream vacation in Cancun.

I get that this is fiction, but I think LEOs aren't allowed to claim rewards.

1 hour ago, Raja said:

Giving Coulter the nickname of home school did seem like something a regular character would do, not a friend of the week.

I liked it.  Maybe because I like Diana Maria Riva & her delivery was spot-on when she said it.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

I feel like if this was a normal season, this would have been the Halloween episode.  Coulter being so unfazed by the kids' Blair Witch found footage video in  the old hospital was hilarious.  Though I had to question why he and the detective went back to investigate the scene in the middle of the night.  Why not wait until the next morning (except atmosphere)?  

Really glad they had the info dump ending at the end because I was really confused about what the sister's deal was.  Still not entirely sure it all made sense, but the whole episode kept my attention, so that's a plus.  

8 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Now I'm really annoyed that this show was renewed but So Help Me Todd was cancelled. 
Sorry.

What?!  Uh, noo!!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
7 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I feel like a kidnapper who has a girl locked in her basement would be less likely than most to let in a guy who says he is looking for a missing girl. Since they know they have the girl and don't want to get caught. She must have been really messed up.

But under normal circumstances it still seems odd that people are so friendly. If someone knocked on my door asking questions, I'd answer from the doorway. Colter could literally be anyone. He doesn't even have a badge to show.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

Trackers goes supernatural, sort of.

Colter is always driven by his intention to give someone a closure. Despite some reluctance from Velma/Teddi and skepticism from Det. Helen Brock, Colter still believes in Gavin and Toby.

Robert Moloney has given a compelling performance as Lana’s grieving dad.

This is quite a straightforward case for Colter. He gets along well with the detective to the point she nicknames him “homeschool”. The photographer cooperates with him. The kidnapper doesn’t hesitate to welcome him to her home. And Vic Pereema’s anagram provides the final clue. 

Colter simply mentions that Maeve Price did what she did because of her traumatized upbringing. I wish we could know more about Lana’s captivity.

Anyway, I hope Lana will not revisit her obsession with the Harkwood Witch.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
8 hours ago, TheCathedral said:

Wow that was really good, it felt like a Halloween episode, the show has a lot of potential, it's a shame that so many episodes use the same formula over and over again.

I was thinking the same thing, totally felt like a Halloween episode.

I liked this episode, the reward of the week isn't a great hook and since there aren't a lot of regulars/character interaction they need to have good/interesting guest characters

• Like 6

I'm not exactly into creepy episodes but this one was quite entertaining. Colter not being fazed by any of the supernatural shenanigans without getting judgy was a nice touch. I liked Det. Brock whose attitude was not the stereotypical 'Get out of my jurisdiction!' nonsense. Also a plus: they did not cast a 20-something  for the part and gave her a really good backstory. She had a great rapport with Coulter. 

I had assumed that Coulter had phoned creepy sister and announced his visit (without giving her too much time to prepare) but maybe that's just hand waving. And as usual the victim seems right as rain after having been found. There was some lip service for her needing time to recover. Realistically Dad would be in desperate need of money for therapy - I expected Coulter to accept a reduced reward. But that GMC truck looks like it's guzzling gas.

18 hours ago, TheCathedral said:

Two episodes in a row with really helpful cops and where was Bobby?

Given the episode's setting my mind wandered immediately to this Bobby 😄

image.png.b5e9f32e1723e4118b3fab40dea76633.png

I can't help but wonder about all the derelict asylums in the US - seems every town has one. Or maybe I'm watching too much TV.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1

Despite Colter not being in law enforcement, and doing things mostly for the money, they still really want this to be a Cop Show, apparently.

Guess this was the 'halloween' episode. Not my thing, but it was cool to have Colter unfazed by all the 'spookiness'.

It was also amusing to recognize some set locations from various Vancouver-based CW shows!

Just me, or was that kidnapper's basement huge?

• Like 6

I found it hilarious but also believable that the kidnapper really thought she could take Colter in a fight if she just got the drop on him and that it took him less than two minutes to knock her out. You shoulda bonked with intent to kill, Maeve Price!

• Like 1
On 4/23/2024 at 6:21 AM, MissLucas said:

Given the episode's setting my mind wandered immediately to this Bobby

And that was Rudy from S10 playing the dad.

• Useful 1

I've been watching this show the past few days and this episode I was just happy to see Colter didn't have a magic enhance button for the grainy newspaper photo. Actually having to find the photographer to get the original files was a good move from the writers.

• Like 1