Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: A Proper Wedding And Skeletons In The Closet

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, rmontro said:

I think it's more like they don't care anymore.  The other characters are more interesting.  Kind of strange when you consider what a focus of TBBT Sheldon was, but I guess it's a different kind of how.  

Mandy seems to be getting a lot of hate here.  I like her, though I admit she doesn't do much.  Do we know from TBBT if Georgie ended up divorced?  You can answer in spoilers if you like.

Spoiler

I remember Sheldon saying G got divorced more than once. Google says twice. Unless they change things, G and M won't be a great love story.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:
  Reveal spoiler

I remember Sheldon saying G got divorced more than once. Google says twice. Unless they change things, G and M won't be a great love story.

Yeah, so I don't know why these two get a spin-off over all the other characters. Unlike the retcon of George and the mystery blond, they can't excuse what we know about Georgie and Mandy as Sheldon's faulty memory.

Even a spin-off about Mary dealing with life as a widow would be more interesting and heartfelt.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Snow Apple said:

Yeah, so I don't know why these two get a spin-off over all the other characters. Unlike the retcon of George and the mystery blond, they can't excuse what we know about Georgie and Mandy as Sheldon's faulty memory.

Even a spin-off about Mary dealing with life as a widow would be more interesting and heartfelt.

I'd rather see a spin-off of "Teenage Sheldon" more than the uninteresting and boring characters in this current show some of whom have been dumbed down so much they are painful to watch.  (Connie is the lone exception).

This last year of this show has sucked so badly with this baby/marriage/in-laws crap hijacking it away from what used to be entertaining and funny.

Again, I will never watch this spin-off they have planned.  It is a million light years away from Sheldon and the greatness of The Big Bang Theory.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Snow Apple said:

Since Connie doesn't have a house anymore I think a spin off that has the three women of the family living together would be the way I would have chosen to go.  Connie navigating life as a senior, Mary coping with life without George and Missy going through adolescence would have made for some really good comedy and dramady.

I loathed the whole pregnancy storyline and felt it added nothing to the show.  I agree with others upthread who said there were way more interesting stories they could have been telling.  I don't dislike Mandy but if we're trading Mary and Connie for a series featuring Mandy and her mother well, no thank you!

4 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

Eh,my sister got divorced. Only once. But when she remarried it was her ex. So she has a divorce and two marriages but only one spouse. Georgie and Mandy could Mary and remarry and remarry again without violating canon. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
7 hours ago, bybrandy said:

Eh,my sister got divorced. Only once. But when she remarried it was her ex. So she has a divorce and two marriages but only one spouse. Georgie and Mandy could Mary and remarry and remarry again without violating canon. 

From TBBT canon:

Spoiler

When Sheldon and Amy win the Nobel prize, he gets texts of congratulations from his brother’s first ex-wife and from his brother’s second ex-wife. So we know he’s been married to two different women.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4

I think a MeeMaw spinoff, or a Mom and Missy could be good.

4 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

From TBBT canon:

Reveal spoiler

When Sheldon and Amy win the Nobel prize, he gets texts of congratulations from his brother’s first ex-wife and from his brother’s second ex-wife. So we know he’s been married to two different women.

Spoiler

A friend of mine was only married for a week, so it could have been a short marriage.  Georgie and Mandy could have gotten a divorce, Georgie have a short relationship with this second wife, and then have him get back with Mandy.  They could even throw it into the middle of the spinoff somewhere if they wanted to, although I'm not saying that would be a good idea.  

• Like 1

A high speed chase with a stroller, LOL.

I thought the part where Mandy's dad wanted to walk her down the aisle was sweet.

Missy convincing Sheldon there was a dead body was long overdue revenge for the pirate treasure.

Dale: She likes me.  

• Like 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, possibilities said:

I don't remember the pirate treasure-- can you remind me?

He gets her to go dig for money ("If I were to guess I'd say pirates with holes in their pockets") in Meemaw's yard so he can take over the TV and watch Professor Proton. At about 1:40, and then 3:50.

My god the kids are so young!

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
On 4/12/2024 at 3:58 PM, snarkylady said:

Dramatic example of Chuck Lorre philosophy.  Two weeks in a row both Mandy and Georgie’s mothers are typical self-centered women who act in their own interests.  And how do the fathers act? Peacekeepers, cooperating with each other as pleasantly as  can be. 

Idk, my family is a bit like that.  My dad was the peacekeeper.  Which was a good thing given what the interaction with some of my mom's family was like.

On 4/12/2024 at 5:48 PM, Bulldog said:

Is Sheldon walking in on George and the  “blonde” just going to be completely glossed over? Has he mentioned it once since it happened? 

It didn't seem like he'd ever told anyone about it, so why would it be mentioned?  Unless you mean in Sheldon's voiceover.

On 4/12/2024 at 11:35 PM, Skooma said:

Yeah they totally lost focus in this show.  I watch for Sheldon

I actually resisted watching the show at first because I detest Sheldon, so I'm fine with less and less of him.  I like most of the rest of the characters and find them enjoyable.

On 4/13/2024 at 6:09 PM, rmontro said:

Mandy seems to be getting a lot of hate here.  I like her, though I admit she doesn't do much.  Do we know from TBBT if Georgie ended up divorced?  You can answer in spoilers if you like.

I don't mind her most of the time.

There was an episode in an earlier season of Young Sheldon with a voiceover which referenced Georgie's first marriage.  Of course, he also said it was when Georgie was 19, so . . .

On 4/13/2024 at 8:29 PM, Skooma said:

I'd rather see a spin-off of "Teenage Sheldon" more than the uninteresting and boring characters in this current show some of whom have been dumbed down so much they are painful to watch.  (Connie is the lone exception).

I'd watch a spin-off with Missy, preferably with Sheldon MIA completely.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
On 4/13/2024 at 7:34 PM, Mona Lisa said:

Since Connie doesn't have a house anymore I think a spin off that has the three women of the family living together would be the way I would have chosen to go.

They could call it "Golden Girls."

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
On 4/12/2024 at 6:49 AM, Snow Apple said:

I'm thinking Spaghetti Warehouse because of the train section. Sadly most locations have closed. I don't remember a bucket of spaghetti but that doesn't mean it wasn't on the menu, LOL. And yes, getting seated in the train was fun.

The train car reminded me of a small restaurant chain in Westchester, NY called "Pizza and Brew".  That really brought me back and I always loved sitting in the train.  Most of them have closed but the one in Scarsdale is still there - that's the one I knew best.  The train car is gone now and they never served a bucket of spaghetti.  The bucket reminded me a little of Joe's Crab Shack.  We never had any here in the Northeast but I went to one once years ago in Indiana.  They served a bucket of crab legs that looked a lot like that.

Too bad Sheldon's love of trains couldn't have been factored into that scene.  I was pretty groggy when I watched this so I didn't even notice if he was there.  The show is pretty much going on with him as a side note, not the main character anyway.  And yet I thought this episode was pretty good.  The series has not really featured much of him in the past couple of seasons so what's really going to be so different about the spin-off anyway?  If it continues to be this good I'll watch.

• Like 1
On 4/12/2024 at 11:43 AM, Magnumfangirl said:

I'm assuming Connie getting arrested is going to wrap up the gambling room story, and Georgie's going to go to work in Mandy's parents' tire store.  But how are they going to keep Georgie out of legal trouble?  Connie's going to deny that anyone else was involved?  

I was thinking that too.  Either the show is teasing us or this is how Georgie gets a job with his new father in law and becomes the tire king.  Maybe they'll find a way to deal with Georgie so he doesn't get in too much trouble.

On 4/12/2024 at 5:48 PM, Bulldog said:

Is Sheldon walking in on George and the  “blonde” just going to be completely glossed over? Has he mentioned it once since it happened? 
And where is Sturgis? I miss him. 

Yes to both questions.  Similar stuff is also happening on "Bob Hearts Abishola" where entire plot points and characters are being ignored in its final season.  Although where the blonde thing is concerned I thought BBT canon said they never spoke about the incident again so I can see some basis for that being dropped.

On 4/13/2024 at 7:24 PM, Snow Apple said:

Instead of a spin-off on this show, why didn't they do another spin-off on BBT itself?  I think that would be more interesting.  I think I can answer that - some of the cast needed a break after so many years on a weekly show and the others were not in consideration without those characters.

On 4/13/2024 at 8:29 PM, Skooma said:

Again, I will never watch this spin-off they have planned.  It is a million light years away from Sheldon and the greatness of The Big Bang Theory.

I think Chuck Lorre was kind of grasping to have another sitcom on network TV after the rest of his sitcoms have ended or been cancelled and this was the only one he could work out at the time to keep the chain unbroken.  Without this spin-off this would have been the first time network did not have a Chuck Lorre sitcom on it in close to 20 years.

21 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Idk, my family is a bit like that.  My dad was the peacekeeper.  Which was a good thing given what the interaction with some of my mom's family was like.

My family was like that too, only my mother was not anywhere near an insufferable, meddling, overbearing type like Mary is.  But yeah, my loveable peacekeeper Dad with a family of hot headed Sicilians was a good match!

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

My family was like that too, only my mother was not anywhere near an insufferable, meddling, overbearing type like Mary is.  But yeah, my loveable peacekeeper Dad with a family of hot headed Sicilians was a good match!

Thankfully my mom is not anywhere near like Mary either, but she definitely was the dominant partner in the marriage. 

On 4/13/2024 at 7:24 PM, Snow Apple said:

On 4/13/2024 at 8:34 PM, Mona Lisa said:

Since Connie doesn't have a house anymore I think a spin off that has the three women of the family living together would be the way I would have chosen to go.  Connie navigating life as a senior, Mary coping with life without George and Missy going through adolescence would have made for some really good comedy and dramady.

I would watch those shows, because it's basically what I wanted. After Sheldon leaves home, continue the series with the rest of the family and call it something else with Cooper in the title.  

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

I would watch those shows, because it's basically what I wanted. After Sheldon leaves home, continue the series with the rest of the family and call it something else with Cooper in the title.  

After Roseanne was written out of the reboot they renamed the show The Connors and it has been on the air 6 years now.  No reason why they couldn't have tried that with this show.  Call it The Coopers and set it at least 6 months after George has died ( so the first grief has passed).  I'll be honest I was one of those people who thought the idea of Young Sheldon would never work and I was wrong.  So giving Lorre some credit maybe he knows what he's doing but, I just can't with Mandy and her parents if they are the main characters (with Georgie of course) with the new show.

On 4/16/2024 at 9:58 AM, Yeah No said:

Either the show is teasing us or this is how Georgie gets a job with his new father in law and becomes the tire king.  Maybe they'll find a way to deal with Georgie so he doesn't get in too much trouble.

Or maybe something will happen with the job with his FIL and he’ll go work for a rival tire company… 🤔

On 4/16/2024 at 9:58 AM, Yeah No said:

Instead of a spin-off on this show, why didn't they do another spin-off on BBT itself?  I think that would be more interesting.  I think I can answer that - some of the cast needed a break after so many years on a weekly show and the others were not in consideration without those characters.

Maybe they're trying to save money on salaries by not including long time Young Sheldon actors other than Georgie?  After so many years on YS, some of the actors presumably make more than the newer actors (other than Georgie) would.  And the former actors from BBT would cost even more.