Type keyword(s) to search

Except Chelsea (and Cole)

SodaPop
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, alexa said:

Cracks me up how much Cole accomplishes while working and helping with his family while David has nothing to do and pretends to throw some sod on his land and other similarly unsuccessful projects. Lol

And their house is sinking into a hole.  I’m a guess that Cole’s deck won’t sink and it was also permitted.

• Love 18
(edited)

Wow! I can't let my man fix a damn thing. Not his skill set.  But he is a wonderful guy so I guess I will keep him. He writes me great letters though. 

On the last name ' thing. My educated ass made the same mistake a few years back. It just didn't look right! LOL! I have an O ending name so it looked weird to me for some reason. Eh....I'm not perfect. 

Edited by FairyDusted
  • Love 5

i’m sure this has been discussed before (if so ignore this, i’m sorry for asking if it has been), but i’ve only ever read jenelle’s archive & i only started watching the show recently again. but i have had questions for a long time about chelsea’s hair (i went to cosmotology school). *shuffles notecards* 

ok so how does she keep up with her red color & all the bleeding from it? 

how does she manage to never get all of it in a bun? (it reminds me of nicole from Big Brother, she never conditioned her hair & never brushed it properly & it look like chelsea’s enigma of a bun)  

i have never see chelsea’s hair brushed or down since she had her 2007 basic bitch color job of sandy blonde & black. does she brush it? (i know it was down at her wedding but that was also a special occasion & not a normal day. also i know she has two kids, but i still wonder lol) 

there should be an episode of “being” called “Being Chelsea’s Hair” like “Being Nathan” or “Being Vee”.

• Love 7

Her hair is down and looks brushed in the picture posted on this page. 

If you look on her Insta, there are several pictures where it's down. I don't what others consider "brushed". The tousled look is very in right now. So she may have loose waves that don't look like she just ran a comb through them, but it's supposed to look that way. 

• Love 12

thats why i asked bc that picture posted of her recent extensions is the first time, outside of her wedding, where i’ve seen her hair down & nice. i never look at her SM so thats probably why i never see much of her outside of the show. her hair is so beautiful and mysterious to me, i want to know her secrets lol. but thank you for pointing out her SM to me @ghoulina :3 

• Love 2
(edited)

Wavy hair owner here! It looks better when I don't brush it after it dries. I'm not sure if this is true for extensions...never had 'em...but the tousled, messy hair look has always been my friend. 

I would love to have sleek, straight hair. It's not my blessing. 

I also dye my hair red. You can keep up with it. You just have to do it regularly. I would guess with Chelsea's background in cosmetology and lots of friends who also have that background, she finds it easier to keep on top of the color. Transfer is annoying, but I've found those vivid purple reds that are in style now look good right when you do it (although a little on the dark side for me) and then with every 2nd or 3rd day washing it lasts. You get it on towels and your pillow case, but it's definitely manageable. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea wraps her hair at night in some way to keep it from transferring color and getting terrible bed head at night. I definitely like the red on her more than the black/blonde of a few years ago. 

ETA: oh, and two weeks after coloring with that vivid red...amazing color. It's so gorgeous. I just love it. And then you're good until it grows out enough for roots to show. 

Edited by guilfoyleatpp
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

Chelsea posted what type of color she uses a while back. I like the darker red on her more than the brighter color she used to use.

Same! She has had many hair horrors over the years, but I think she's finally settled into something that works for her. 

• Love 14

Seriously cute! I don't mind Chelsea's hair. I think it suits her. I've done those Burgundy Reds and love them. Mine unfortunately fades fast no matter what. I also have an unruly mane;)  

When is she due? 

• Love 4
On 7/1/2018 at 6:16 PM, FairyDusted said:

Seriously cute! I don't mind Chelsea's hair. I think it suits her. I've done those Burgundy Reds and love them. Mine unfortunately fades fast no matter what. I also have an unruly mane;)  

When is she due? 

I wish I could pull off that color of red. 

Think she is due in September. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Are we 100% sure that Cole doesn’t have an older brother? 

I’ll relocate if it means I can meet a guy like Cole; it’s not a deal breaker at all! I’m more than OK with the colder temps in South Dakota than the year round weather in San Diego. (For the record, my house doesn’t have AC, so I’m allowed to complain!) 

Watching him build that deck and dress up like Captain America (and owning it!) makes me think I need to go put gas in my car every damn day. 

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 10
27 minutes ago, Bridget said:

I’ll relocate if it means I can meet a guy like Cole; it’s not a deal breaker at all! I’m more than OK with the colder temps in South Dakota than the year round weather in San Diego. (For the record, my house doesn’t have AC, so I’m allowed to complain!) 

Watching him build that deck and dress up like Captain America (and owning it!) makes me think I need to go put gas in my car every damn day. 

@Bridget you are too funny!! I also think of that time a cute guy offered to pump my gas (compared to the bums). San Diego is such a beautiful city though- if I lived anywhere else (as much as I love Chicago) I would want to live in San Diego. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bridget said:

Cole's brother: Brock DeBoer

Just in case you don't have Instagram here is one of his posts:

• Love 5
1 hour ago, druzy said:

Cole's brother: Brock DeBoer

Just in case you don't have Instagram here is one of his posts:

Of course he’s talented! (And married! Damn it.) Thank you for sharing this with me though because I wasn’t even aware of the Brothers DeBoer.

@Scarlett45, Murphy’s Law is alive and well. I ?Chicago. A lot! The men there are so damn good looking that I always leave with whiplash. I’m not even kidding. We have to figure out some type of housing swap situation that works with our schedules. (For planning purposes, I live in Oceanside, which is about 45 minutes north of San Diego.)

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Bridget said:

Of course he’s talented! (And married! Damn it.) Thank you for sharing this with me though because I wasn’t even aware of the Brothers DeBoer.

@Scarlett45, Murphy’s Law is alive and well. I ?Chicago. A lot! The men there are so damn good looking that I always leave with whiplash. I’m not even kidding. We have to figure out some type of housing swap situation that works with our schedules. (For planning purposes, I live in Oceanside, which is about 45 minutes north of San Diego.)

Oooooh good! I am coming to Chicago to visit a friend in a few weeks! Second time I have ever been (first was only a day, on choir tour), so I am PUMPED! I totally don't object to seeing some eye candy when I am there. ???

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Bridget said:

Or you two & @Christina87 could realize girls are where it's at (and not in a Kail way). Heehee, showing myself out now...

• Love 5
(edited)
12 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

O’side! Mr Guilfoyle is from there!

west side!

No way! 

I went to Rancho Buena Vista HS and grew up a mile away from Mira Costa Community college, off of the 78 and College Blvd (right near Home Depot).

If/when Team Guilfoyle heads back this way, please let me know. I'll show you the house where they filmed the scene in "Top Gun" when Maverick shows up to have dinner with Charlie. I can also show you where "Animal Kingdom" is filmed. It's a great place to live.

(This is also an open invite to anyone who ends up out here - I'm not shy at all!)

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 7
On 7/1/2018 at 6:16 PM, FairyDusted said:

When is she due? 

I love that color too.  Unfortunately I tried it on myself and it looked like crap :( totally overwhelmed my complexion

21 hours ago, Bridget said:

No shit! I need to find myself a Cole!

I have a friend who married a Cole type except he's a little more useful to friends and not so much around his own household (their house is a disaster)

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I love that color too.  Unfortunately I tried it on myself and it looked like crap :( totally overwhelmed my complexion

No shit! I need to find myself a Cole!

I have a friend who married a Cole type except he's a little more useful to friends and not so much around his own household (their house is a disaster)

We know that scientists can clone a sheep in Scotland. That said, I would donate money in a NY minute in order to fund research on how to clone enough Coles for those of us who would like one. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Bridget said:

No way! 

I went to Rancho Buena Vista HS and grew up a mile away from Mira Costa Community college, off of the 78 and College Blvd (right near Home Depot).

If/when Team Guilfoyle heads back this way, please let me know. I'll show you the house where they filmed the scene in "Top Gun" when Maverick shows up to have dinner with Charlie. I can also show you where "Animal Kingdom" is filmed. It's a great place to live.

(This is also an open invite to anyone who ends up out here - I'm not shy at all!)

We're down every year for Xmas! TIN FISH!

I am actually quite anxious socially. Because I'm weird.

What I wouldn't give to have the confidence of Chelsea that people are going to meet and adore me. Sigh.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

What I wouldn't give to have the confidence of Chelsea that people are going to meet and adore me. Sigh.

If you're weird, I'll join you on the weird couch. I hate social situations, since I quit drinking I can't be in social situations without wanting to crawl under a table and hide.    Thank Dog for places like this, where I can pretend I'm not a recluse. 

• Love 15
(edited)
16 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

Hugs, @guilfoyleatpp. I am quite social and outgoing, and LOVE meeting new people. That stereotype that someone has "never met a stranger" has never been more true. I do love alone time as much as being with people, but socializing is second nature. I never realized that everyone wasn't that way until a friend (who I considered very friendly and outgoing) told me she had social anxiety and was on meds for it, and that she envied my ability to socialize with strangers SO much. That really opened my eyes! Another friend of mine was meeting us later in the week, and she confessed that she had been stressing nonstop about it. That never would have occurred to me! Ever since then, I have tried hard to make sure I am not putting people in awkward situations, and I try to help people out socially. I'm more than willing to take one for the team for anyone! 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 8

I'm ok one on one in some situations. 

One of my worst experiences was going to my husband's company Xmas party.   My plan was to blend into the furniture. We were at a big, long table with about 25 people. The person next to me says very loudly "I hear you moved, tell me about the new house" and every single person at the table turned to look at me.  I wanted to die. 

We should probably be talking about this in Small Talk. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Hugs, @guilfoyleatpp. I am quite social and outgoing, and LOVE meeting new people. That stereotype that someone has "never met a stranger" has never been more true. I do love alone time as much as being with people, but socializing is second nature. I never realized that everyone wasn't that way until a friend (who I considered very friendly and outgoing) told me she had social anxiety and was on meds for it, and that she envied my ability to socialize with strangers SO much. That really opened my eyes! Another friend of mine was meeting us later in the week, and she confessed that she had been stressing nonstop about it. That never would have occurred to me! Ever since then, I have tried hard to make sure I am not putting people in awkward situations, and I try to help people out socially. I'm more than willing to take one for the team for anyone! 

We are two peas in a pod. I like being alone and doing my own thing (I travel alone just fine) but I love meeting new people, and big parties and small talk. For a while I was very ignorant about social anxiety (when I was younger) and I thought that people just wanted to be doing something else and were too afraid to really say that. Now I am more educated and too try not to make light of other’s feelings. I have never suffered from anxiety so I cannot relate but to hear people describe it I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. 

• Love 8

I love everyone here, whether you’re shy or not.

@guilfoyleatpp, I’ll wave from my driveway on Christmas Day and that’s good enough for me. I respect everyone’s comfort zones and I know that it’s everyone’s preferences that makes them special.

Like a few others have mentioned, I’m someone who can make friends with a brick wall, but I know not everyone is like that. 

On topic: I still love Cole. And his carpentry skills. ?

• Love 11
16 hours ago, Maharincess said:

I'm ok one on one in some situations. 

One of my worst experiences was going to my husband's company Xmas party.   My plan was to blend into the furniture. We were at a big, long table with about 25 people. The person next to me says very loudly "I hear you moved, tell me about the new house" and every single person at the table turned to look at me.  I wanted to die. 

We should probably be talking about this in Small Talk. 

I agree about the small talk location. Sometimes these discussions keep going and it is hard to find posts on the topic you clicked in for. I am one that doesn’t mind a little of the chit chat but it can go on too long sometimes. 

• Love 3

Aw, yay!  Goats make GREAT pets and they're so funny to watch when they play. I have 2 named Lucy and Ethel and I adore them. It's great when my property needs mowing. I have a big, portable fence and I just fence them in for a day in the section that needs clearing. I haven't had to have the property mowed or weeded since I got them. 

I would much rather see Chelsea have these animals than any of the other morons. At least she loves and takes care of her pets. 

• Love 11