Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E23: Second Time's the Charm?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

This topic is under Yellow Light Status.

Culture Check: How can we express likes and dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity? How can we disagree and still respect the other's opinion and recognize it as valid?

• Start Topic

She somehow forgot about how Claire, the other patron saint of Honesty, shit all over Cam's career choices and made him feel like a small man.  She said what he did was boring and was acting like he was uneducated.

Clare didn't act as though Cam was uneducated nor did she call his job boring. She asked how he got into what he does (fair question! It's an unusual job and I was curious about it too) and she asked if he ever got bored. I do something similar to Cam (not bikes but I do repairs in a niche retail market - not at all to the level of what Cam does). People do ask me if I get bored and that is a perfectly acceptable question. I do sometimes get bored! It's not an insult. Many jobs have some aspect of repetitive work that is dull but it's part of the job so we do it.

Every single cast member this season has done something unlikeable. There is no need to magnify things into something they aren't. 

Everybody thought Chris was mean when he said he didnt like Paige because, of "da face". But now some want Austin to do the same thing and say he is duplicitous because he doesnt want to hurt Becca's feelings. 

I can't speak for "everybody" but I had no problem with Chris not being attracted to Paige, nor did I have a problem with Austin not being attracted to Becca. What I did have a problem with was that both of them lied about it. Chris had sex with Paige multiple times, even though he was telling producers he wasn't attracted to her. He was actively manipulating Paige, saying things like "I'm afraid to fall in love with you." He was a dick, pure and simple (and pretty literally, since he seemed entirely guided by that part of his body). I think Austin genuinely tried to become attracted to Becca. It's no one's fault that he wasn't. But he was never honest about it, always chalking it to to "needing more time" or some manufactured conflict over religious values or whatever. 

But Becca didnt do herself any favors when she somehow dressed better for Keisha than she did for Austin.

But Austin gets a pass for never dressing up for anyone ever? He put about as much effort into his appearance as you seem to think that Becca did. I still maintain that these people are supposed to be living real life. No one gets all dolled up to sit on the sofa and watch tv. First thing I do after getting home from work and getting tackled by the dogs is get "undolled" from my presentation to the general public so I can be comfortable in my own home. 

Anyone who says they should have been honest and bounced early, should be forced to come up with the money for the penalty that they would have to pay. 

"Being honest" and "bouncing early" are two different things. I don't like it when either member of the couple ends things early, or even when they take "time off" from the marriage to return home. The premise of the show is that "love" (which the producers conflate with "attraction") will grow based on deeper bonds. They don't seem to think that it matters if that initial physical attraction isn't there. Their premise is that it grows in time. A participant can be honest and say "I'm not attracted to you right now" and still stay and test the premise that it will grow in time. The show's narrative is that sometimes it does (Jamie and Doug, for example). 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Every single cast member this season has done something unlikeable. There is no need to magnify things into something they aren't. 

I couldn't agree with you more and this just about nutshells it for me.  That's why I'm talking about seeing things in context.  I realize some of that involves personal judgment based on what we see but also reading between the lines.  And you either see it or you don't.  But trying to see things in context does help to put things in perspective.  After all is said and done I still think the men have done some things that were worse in the scheme of good/evil (or nice/not nice) toward their spouses than the women have.  Becca and Emily have shown some poor judgment and immaturity for sure, but have they been as deceitful, misleading, self centered to the point of throwing their spouse under the bus to look good as the men have all in the name of looking good on camera?  I don't think anyone would argue for that.  And Emily only got to the point of nastiness after she had had enough of Brennan and felt that the show itself was actively trying to make her look worse than she deserved.  And yet still the point of that is being missed.

And thanks for bringing up Chris's despicableness and Austin's appearance.  On that one Afterparty he looked like he was dressed to paint his apartment, not go on TV.  And despite repeatedly looking like that it's crickets about his overall appearance.  The only thing repeatedly criticized has been his backwards cap.

I still can't get over criticizing Becca for looking bad when crying.  Or even falling for a guy that didn't return her feelings.  Has this never happened to anyone here?  And she had more reasons to hope that it would change than most people in that situation, too, not to mention his lying to her about how he felt about her and being encouraged by the "experts" to "hang in there to see what happens".  Walk a mile in her shoes.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 3

PLEASE, let's not compare Chris to any of the men this season. He was a total ass, had another woman (maybe) while he was married to Paige, who he kept screwing (although I think Paige was an idiot to allow it). None of the men took advantage, sexually, of the situation this season, although their wives would have been more than willing to participate. And I do respect that. I don't think we will ever have a participant as totally despicable as Chris was. At least, no one that I will ever watch.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

PLEASE, let's not compare Chris to any of the men this season. He was a total ass, had another woman (maybe) while he was married to Paige, who he kept screwing (although I think Paige was an idiot to allow it). None of the men took advantage, sexually, of the situation this season, although their wives would have been more than willing to participate. And I do respect that. I don't think we will ever have a participant as totally despicable as Chris was. At least, no one that I will ever watch.

Fair enough, but it begs asking why it takes that level of despicableness to find the man in a relationship to be the hands down bigger asshole than the woman.  All these women this season are guilty of is putting their hopes on the wrong people and engaging in immature and self-destructive behavior.  The comparison of Chris was brought up to show that there is a similar (granted, less despicable) ethical difference between the actions of the men here and the women.  I don't care how immature or self destructive or sexually active the women in question were this season.  And I don't care that they tried to get further with their spouse in bed.  That's what they're there to do, it's not behavior that is unexpected in this situation.  And they didn't exactly force their spouses to have sex with them either.  The worst you could say is that they made a move.  So sue them.  Someone has to make the first move.  The worst you could say about the men is that they gave them false hopes, lied, mislead them, etc., and that at least some of this behavior was with the full knowledge that they were doing so under false pretenses, likely goaded on by that one producer.  And a lot of that has only been hinted at but it doesn't take a big stretch to add up the dots and see that this is the tip of an iceberg that we haven't been shown on camera especially when the women themselves are talking about just that.  And yes, it is behavior that is ethically on a more despicable level than anything the women in question have done to the men in question.  Again, just my opinion!

• Like 2

So…at decision day, Chloe was saying that the animal sanctuary and all the foster kids were a “me” thing and not a “we” thing.  Yet it sure looked like she was ready to jump into it all immediately when looking at that rental house.  Then the snip of Michael saying one foster kid doesn’t scare him, but 5 foster children does.  I think she was full steam ahead (or the producers made her seem so) and then maybe we weren’t shown where she backpedaled on that? 
Also, I don’t think Emily got a “good edit” or a “bad edit”.  She’s a mean girl and very immature, it showed who she truly is. 

• Like 11
7 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

Why?  We know the relationships were dead since the middle of the season, so what is the point of another cry fest where the woman gang up on the men? I wouldn't have gone to that filming, unless my motive was to be on TV again. 

I don't mean the endless "final" get-togethers; I was talking about him disappearing for the second half of the season for his "heart procedure" - he had to have an excuse or he'd have had to go to things 😄

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Poor Cam, getting so much hate for having a heart problem. 

Poor Austin, having to sit there and listen to negative Emily and Becca. I can only hope that Brennan, his friends and the producer were on the other side of the bar waiting for him to wrap up the bs and go have some fun. 

My cousin's husband's sister's niece's son has the same condition that Cam has and his doctor told him that he has to wait at least a year before he can be on a fake "reality" tv show. So Cam is the one being honest and the women are big fat liars!

I should know, I once dated a doctor. Or we played doctor a few times! Close enough🤣

• LOL 8

ALL background people, such as restaurant patrons, must sign a Permission Form agreeing to be filmed. Whatever they endure after that, if not to their liking, is on them. Or such is my understanding.

I don't think Emily or Becca is being criticized for "falling for" their grooms. I think they get knocked for their inability or refusal to "read the room." 

Should they have nonetheless  pursued their husbands for intimacy, because that's what the show is all about, that "connection"? I say, why not ask themselves, "Hey, how come my spouse isn't playing by the show's purpose and pursuing ME?!"

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, JKL845 said:

My cousin's husband's sister's niece's son has the same condition that Cam has and his doctor told him that he has to wait at least a year before he can be on a fake "reality" tv show. So Cam is the one being honest and the women are big fat liars!

Really?  I consulted every medical site from WebMD to Mayo Clinic to Cleveland Clinic, etc., etc., and the downtime for that can range from 2-4 weeks, not a YEAR.  Besides, all he had to do was show up for a filming of a sit-down gathering, not resume a strenuous work day.  I'm not even talking about the latter part of the season but the gathering that Emily was muttering that he could have attended.  But even if the latter part of the season was factored in, he could have shown up for one or two non-strenuous weeks for short sit-down filmings.  There is NO reason to be an invalid for 10 weeks or a year for THAT, especially at his age.

My mother had A-fib and died from a blood clot to her brain so I have some idea what I'm talking about here.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Meowwww said:

So…at decision day, Chloe was saying that the animal sanctuary and all the foster kids were a “me” thing and not a “we” thing.  Yet it sure looked like she was ready to jump into it all immediately when looking at that rental house.  Then the snip of Michael saying one foster kid doesn’t scare him, but 5 foster children does.  I think she was full steam ahead (or the producers made her seem so) and then maybe we weren’t shown where she backpedaled on that? 
Also, I don’t think Emily got a “good edit” or a “bad edit”.  She’s a mean girl and very immature, it showed who she truly is. 

Yeah, Pastor Cal was really backpeddling there saying how we asked you to share your hopes and dreams, and it wasn’t meant to be a prescription of your future, and Chloe was suddenly chiming in that she doesn’t really expect to have 5 kiddos and 500+ (and once 7,240) animals. But everything we saw all season was Michael trying to compromise on 2 kiddos and a handful of animals, but she was really steadfast and adamant about sticking with her numbers. He was taking the avenue of if we stay married, here’s how I can see us compromising. And she never once participated in that conversation—even like, okay, what about 3 kiddos and 100 animals, or would you be willing to start with 2 and we’ll discuss from there whether we feel equipt to take on more kiddos? So if Chloe agrees that her future vision was a Me not a We endeavor, why would she expect that Michael would accept her Me as their We? Look at this man! Do you see him shoveling shit in these outfits?! I can almost see why they could work in that they had great chemistry and attraction and really great communication. If any of that meant more to Chloe to pursue and put aside her Me vision to develop a We vision together, we didn’t see it. She says that Michael changed near the end because he was all in earlier, but maybe he started to panic not because he wasn’t truly in it to get married, but he realized Chloe was not going to budge on the house with land, animals, and kiddos. Even when he said he wasn’t ready for that, she still insisted on looking at houses with enough property for a sanctuary right away. And granted, maybe it was prompted by the show, but it provided yet another venue for her to gush about her Me and not compromising with Michael on a We.

ETA: You know what? Now I’m going to backpedal. After typing that all out, their communication wasn’t as great as it seemed. I think they’re both very polite and are smart enough to know the “right” things to say and way to behave during a disagreement. But they obviously were never able to scratch the surface of really digging into where they disagreed and compromising on a future they could both be happy with. Did Michael ever find out WHY this is so important to her? Maybe that part is an “off camera” conversation because I’m thinking there could be some trauma at the root of saving all of the unwanted animals and kiddos, but the “crunching the numbers” compromise talk seems to have never occurred other than them both just stating their preferred numbers, blinking at each other, then talking about something else.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 5
  • LOL 1
(edited)
45 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I don't think Emily or Becca is being criticized for "falling for" their grooms. I think they get knocked for their inability or refusal to "read the room." 

Should they have nonetheless  pursued their husbands for intimacy, because that's what the show is all about, that "connection"? I say, why not ask themselves, "Hey, how come my spouse isn't playing by the show's purpose and pursuing ME?!"

I have never denied or doubted ANY of what you're saying about these women.  What I AM saying is that all those things you point out above do not equate with the despicable things I have reason to believe their spouses did to them.  I am saying that what these women felt and did is on the order of a personal failing while what the men have done is something morally wrong done in full consciousness and intent toward their spouse, such as lying, misrepresenting themselves to look more interested in their spouses than they really were (Austin and Brennan when Emily injured herself), conspiring perhaps even with the help of a producer to protect their images at the expense of their spouses, etc. (Both Austin and Brennan). 

I will never believe that personal failings are on the same level as actions intentionally committed to put oneself up at another's expense, so I will not look down on or criticize these two women more than the men.  It's as simple as that.  And I don't care how mad and nasty they get about it either.  They have a right to be mad!  I'd like to know how anyone in their shoes would react to that!  Getting nasty and defensive about it again is not on the same order as what the men have done.  Just not!

Not for nothing, but I specialized in ethics as an undergrad., having majored in Philosophy, which is another area of study I had straight A's in at a major university.  And the Jesuit who was my mentor (who was the chair of the dept. and later became president of a major Jesuit university) told me years later that I was one of the best students in ethics he ever had.  I usually don't toot my own horn on this board because that's not my way, but perhaps I am seeing something here that some are missing.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 1

It's pretty sad when I feel that a reasoned argument is disrespected.  I would and have never done that to anyone here, at least not intentionally.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

It's pretty sad when I feel that a reasoned argument is disrespected.  I would and have never done that to anyone here, at least not intentionally.

I always appreciate your careful thinking and eloquence, even when I don't always agree.  And I respect your feminism! I am not surprised you earned that A.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Happy Easter everybody! I've eaten about 3 Cadbury cream eggs, and I don't regret it! 😅

Nor should you. Carpe diem!

she still insisted on looking at houses with enough property for a sanctuary right away.

From the get go, they had - what? Three dogs and two cats or two dogs and three cats. One of the dogs is a pit bull (which I love and will wax on endlessly about how my pit was the sweetest, gentlest dog I have ever known) which could further restrict where they could rent. So I think they needed something larger kind of soon but they didn't need as much or as expensive of a space as what we saw.

There is NO reason to be an invalid for 10 weeks or a year for THAT, especially at his age.

There is a big, grey area between skipping a happy hour and being an invalid. Everyone responds differently to an illness and to medication and to surgery. Cam runs his own business and it's not totally sedentary labor. I can completely buy that he gets tired more easily than he used to and is focusing his energy on keeping his business going while also dealing with his illness.

Note that I'm not a particular Cam fan when I say that. 

I think if the cast has a legal obligation to attend these things, they should go. If they don't, however, why should they spend their free time and energy on an activity they think they won't enjoy? The last group interaction was horrible so I honestly don't see why any of them wanted to get together again. I found it unpleasant to watch and I can't imagine being there was any more fun.

PLEASE, let's not compare Chris to any of the men this season. He was a total ass

Agreed. I disliked Brennan and Orion in particular these season, but neither of them holds a candle to the waste of oxygen that was Chris. 

The only thing repeatedly criticized has been his backwards cap.

I made note of his horrible shirt on decision day but no one else seemed bothered by it.

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

I always appreciate your careful thinking and eloquence, even when I don't always agree.  And I respect your feminism! I am not surprised you earned that A.

Thank you so much!  I think you know I needed to hear that right now!  I always appreciate your posts too even if I don't say so.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

There is a big, grey area between skipping a happy hour and being an invalid. Everyone responds differently to an illness and to medication and to surgery. Cam runs his own business and it's not totally sedentary labor. I can completely buy that he gets tired more easily than he used to and is focusing his energy on keeping his business going while also dealing with his illness.

That's a fair point.  I forgot to consider his business was a "hands on" affair and that he's basically its owner and operator.  Although there is still plenty of "gray area" to wonder whether he was as affected as he says he was.  I wouldn't blame him for not wanting to continue with the show anyway, it would just be nice to be able to trust him at his word on that and I admit I just don't trust him that much.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Thank you so much!  I think you know I needed to hear that right now!  I always appreciate your posts too even if I don't say so.

Opinions seem to differ for everyone on each cast member, but I think we can all agree that this has been a truly frustrating and tiresome season to watch.  I commend you and everyone here for sticking through 23 weeks so far of MAFS Denver! 🙌💯.  Good for you for your A+ score in ethics- I took an ethics class in college and that type of course is hard! So much reading and research- I think I got a B in my bio-ethics class. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am just guessing that they signed the usual 8 week contract, plus the obligatory Afterparty episodes and the Reunions and Where Are They Now Shows. Because they had to extend the season (although I still don't know why) because of Michael and Chloe, I am guessing that they had the option of filming those extra shows, probably for more money and air time. The cast had agreed to those set dates and once the show started, I don't think the show could extend the dates of requiring them to be there. These people have jobs and lives and had to get back to them. I am sure they would be welcome to attend if they were available, but I don't think they could be required to. Even Clarapist didn't come, and she LOVES her air time. If Cam didn't have to attend, nothing could get him to be there. I think the same with Brennan. I don't know why Austin came. 

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

That's a fair point.  I forgot to consider his business was a "hands on" affair and that he's basically its owner and operator.  Although there is still plenty of "gray area" to wonder whether he was as affected as he says he was.  I wouldn't blame him for not wanting to continue with the show anyway, it would just be nice to be able to trust him at his word on that and I admit I just don't trust him that much.

He's a Big Fat Liar.  Started on day 1, even if we didn't know it until later.

• Sad 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 3/30/2024 at 1:35 PM, Retired at last said:

To all of you who are lamenting that we are missing some of the cast - never fear - in 2 weeks, we get to see them all return for the Reunion show!

What a relief, I was so scared we'd never see them again!

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Happy Easter everybody! I've eaten about 3 Cadbury cream eggs, and I don't regret it! 😅

Good for you!! I got a stupid cold and thanks to my stuffy nose can't taste my yummy chocolate, but as soon as it returns I'm going to town on it!!

Edited by ByTor
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

What a relief, I was so scared we'd never see them again!

giphy.gifGood for you!! I got a stupid cold and thanks to my stuffy nose can't taste my yummy chocolate, but as soon as it returns I'm going to town on it!!

Ooh chocolate is a great incentive to get better from a cold 🍫🙌💯! Get well soon!

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Ooh chocolate is a great incentive to get better from a cold 🍫🙌💯! Get well soon!

awww thanks!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

awww thanks!!

You're welcome 🙂! I remember when I had Covid in 2020, I couldn't even taste Hot Cheetos 😭- so I know what it's like to not be able to taste a favorite snack.  Rest, relax, stay hydrated and stay warm and you'll unwrap that chocolate bar in no time! 💯🙌😉

• Love 2
6 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

FTR, I have not wavered in my calling Brennan and Austin liars and gaslighters. 

And Orion and Cam are too!  I hate liars, which is why I hate the men more this season, even though I find nothing to like about the women either.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I wouldn't call anyone a liar who says they have an illness, and that includes Cam.  I think it's pretty cold to call him a liar. 

Cameron was having a lot of trouble breathing soon after his surgery when he was talking to Brennan and his skin had a greyish tone to it.  I think that a lot of the cast members were too aware of "the optics 🤣"- they weren't fully being themselves.  Heart surgery or not, I wouldn't have gone to the group outings either 😅💯

• Like 5
10 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Cameron was having a lot of trouble breathing soon after his surgery when he was talking to Brennan and his skin had a greyish tone to it.  I think that a lot of the cast members were too aware of "the optics 🤣"- they weren't fully being themselves.  Heart surgery or not, I wouldn't have gone to the group outings either 😅💯

I can’t barely watch them; I”m sure it’s excruciating to actually attend them.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
51 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I can’t barely watch them; I”m sure it’s excruciating to actually attend them.

I bet that its awful to attend the group gatherings- they ruined a fun pizza party with their fighting 😅!  Who can even angrily eat pizza?! I will say that I love a good reality TV fight as a viewer, but I noticed in the most recent group meet up that blurred out people in the background kept looking at them and going back to eating which means that all of the yelling disrupted their meals.  They should avoid filming in restaurants and bars and have a MAFS angry dodgeball game instead! Cameron can be the referee 😀.  

🤾‍♂️🤾‍♂️🏀🤾‍♀️🤾‍♀️

• LOL 3
43 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

😅!  Who can even angrily eat pizza?! 😀.  

🤾‍♂️🤾‍♂️🏀🤾‍♀️🤾‍♀️

Me. I can always eat pizza.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 4

@Yeah No ....I read the post by @JKL845 as a riff on some "influencer's" comment during Covid that the vaccine made her friend's cousin's husband's son's cajones explode ...or whatevah... Sort of a way to lighten the tone of the discourse.

Apologies to you both if I misread the room.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Me. I can always eat pizza.

Oh absolutely- I've eaten pizza while crying over a breakup 😢🍕🍕, pizza while happy, pizza while mad! My personal pizza slice record is seven meat lover pizza slices in one sitting.  I want a meat lover pizza man to share my life with 😆🙌💯

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

This season had 23 episodes?? No wonder we're exhausted!!

Didn't the first seasons have about half that amount?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
49 minutes ago, Rightside said:

I bet this is the longest season- it premiered on October 18th, 2023, so it's been I think about 24 weeks 😧😅.  Fall, Winter and Spring. 

• Mind Blown 3
1 hour ago, Rightside said:

I’ve only watched a handful of seasons, so the other day I was looking at streaming some other seasons, but the ones I clicked on were all 21+ episodes that are 1.5 to 2 hours long. I just can’t bring myself to start streaming. It’s one thing if they pull me in for 2 hours a week and the next thing you know autumn has turned to winter and winter has thawed to spring, but seeing more than 40 hours of streaming ahead of you is just daunting. I will, however, make an attempt if there’s a specific season or two worth watching.

• Applause 1
On 4/3/2024 at 3:09 PM, JenE4 said:

I’ve only watched a handful of seasons, so the other day I was looking at streaming some other seasons, but the ones I clicked on were all 21+ episodes that are 1.5 to 2 hours long. I just can’t bring myself to start streaming. It’s one thing if they pull me in for 2 hours a week and the next thing you know autumn has turned to winter and winter has thawed to spring, but seeing more than 40 hours of streaming ahead of you is just daunting. I will, however, make an attempt if there’s a specific season or two worth watching.

Season 11 is definitely worth watching if you haven't already

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 4/2/2024 at 2:03 PM, Crashcourse said:

I wouldn't call anyone a liar who says they have an illness, and that includes Cam.  I think it's pretty cold to call him a liar. 

But if a known liar claimed to have an illness would you take him at his word?  All I'm saying is that he lied consistently throughout the show, so I don't believe him on anything at this point.

On 4/3/2024 at 11:11 AM, Hip-to-be-Square said:

IThey should avoid filming in restaurants and bars and have a MAFS angry dodgeball game instead! Cameron can be the referee 😀.  

🤾‍♂️🤾‍♂️🏀🤾‍♀️🤾‍♀️

He's probably cheat and lie at it! 😂

As for the people sitting around - they've all had to sign releases to be in the background and can see the group surrounded by tv cameras - I think they should get the good reality tv fights they're probably hoping for by that time! 😃

• Sad 1
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, princelina said:

But if a known liar claimed to have an illness would you take him at his word?  All I'm saying is that he lied consistently throughout the show, so I don't believe him on anything at this point.

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree on whether Cam is a liar, because I don't think he is. 

And yes, even "known liars" can still have an illness.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
(edited)
17 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree on whether Cam is a liar, because I don't think he is. 

And yes, even "known liars" can still have an illness.

I don’t think Cam is a liar either. He was out of breath during his one outing with Brennan. I also don’t see an issue with him skipping out on a group outing when the marriage is over and he was recovering from an illness.  At that point was any good going to come from rehashing everything? 
I will say, there is much more going on behind the scenes such as Austin and the producer, the shower curtain incident…..etc that viewers missed out on. This group appeared more focused on how they looked on camera rather than developing a real relationship with their spouses.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 6
56 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I don’t think Cam is a liar either. He was out of breath during his one outing with Brennan. I also don’t see an issue with him skipping out on a group outing when the marriage is over and he was recovering from an illness.  At that point was any good going to come from rehashing everything? 
I will say, there is much more going on behind the scenes such as Austin and the producer, the shower curtain incident…..etc that viewers missed out on. This group appeared more focused on how they looked on camera rather than developing a real relationship with their spouses.

I don't see the issue with Cam skipping that gathering either if he was genuine about why.  I don't agree that it would take a "horrible person" to lie about such a thing.  I don't know anyone that hasn't stayed out an extra day from school or work after recovering from an illness just because they didn't feel like going in but told their boss or their teacher they still didn't feel well enough to attend.

If that gathering wasn't mandatory for them to attend that lessens the "offense" if he lied about it, in my opinion.  And I'm certainly no fan of Cam's but that seems fair.

I'm not going to speculate on how much of the rest of the season he may have been lying about as people recover at different rates from things, but I am still side-eying him based on his history.

On 4/3/2024 at 2:23 PM, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Oh absolutely- I've eaten pizza while crying over a breakup 😢🍕🍕, pizza while happy, pizza while mad! My personal pizza slice record is seven meat lover pizza slices in one sitting.  I want a meat lover pizza man to share my life with 😆🙌💯

I'm  gonna take a wild guess here and say your Pizza Slice Record meal had as dessert Berry Flavor Pepcid! 😆

• LOL 1
13 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I'm  gonna take a wild guess here and say your Pizza Slice Record meal had as dessert Berry Flavor Pepcid! 😆

Hahaha you made me laugh out loud, Lenniebrisco 🤣!  I didn't have any Berry Pepcid, so I just went to bed in pain and hoped for a brighter tomorrow! I've never attempted that personal Pizza Slice Record again, that's for sure 😅🙌💯

• Love 1