Type keyword(s) to search

The Valley

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

Culture Check: How can we combine humor and still remember and respect the humanity of the person we're commenting on? Visit the community guidelines to find some tips.

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 5/19/2024 at 9:32 AM, SFoster21 said:

Both Jax and Brittany have a drinking problem.  Has it  not occurred to them that their child might have been affected by that?  

Not only by the drinking, but kids whose fathers are in their late 30s and older can have a lot of hereditary diseases, and Cruz was born when Jax was over 40. And I say it only because the asshole seems to have a problem with his son not being "perfect". 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Brittany is responsible for drinking too much with stomach issues but holy asshole Jax, he could help her as well as himself by working on lifestyle changes together. He’s such a jerk about their son and about her too.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

Patty Stanger, the matchmaker was on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live, and said that Luke and Kristen (who she knows) seem to be closer to getting married. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Oh god Danny is crying why? He seems like a sensitive little baby who can’t handle the attention not on him. Nia obviously always caters to him. He seems to have a fragile ego.

Meh Janet. She sucks. Calm down Zack isn’t coming to murder you.

Jax is a dbag but Brittany seems to have issues with getting sick from booze. He does speak to her horribly. He always has tho. They never should’ve gotten married their relationship has always been shit lol.

Jesse kind of has all of their numbers even if he is a douche himself.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I don't know why I disliked  Jesse so much, because  I don't  now.

James is nice, Janet got very lucky.

Danny is as overwhelmed,  as much as his wife. I doubt  they've  had a decent  nights sleep in forever. Even now, the babies  are with them. 

Does anyone  want to suggest  Brit goes to the doctors? Anyone? I'm thinking  she may have an ulcer. I hate Jax, more than Sandoval  and Schwartz  together. He's a mean, condescending  pr***! If it's been like this for 9 years, why marry and have a child. He's the biggest  jerk on Bravo. Screaming  at his wife while she's  obviously  ill. Ugh! 

• Like 4
  • Applause 7

Brittany needs to abstain from consuming alcohol for one entire week to prove that she will still be ill and vomiting.

Jax should believe her, but even if she only has one drink, he will still blame it on the alcohol. 

• Like 9
(edited)
4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Even after looking up the definition of Napoleon Complex, Danny still thinks that he was using the term correctly.

Maybe Danny’s overconfidence in the face of evidence that he’s wrong is his…Napoleon Complex at work! 😉 Eh, I like Danny. He’s a solidly decent guy. I liked the scene with all of the guys sitting around crying about fatherhood and their marriages and giving Danny mad props because he has it all together, then he starts crying because he’s drowning with his “three under three.” Poor Jason is realizing this is the exact opposite of what he expected out of this baby moon. Then Janet starts crying because Jesse was rude because they were having their big emotional broment and she’s overwhelmed and just wants some help. And poor Janet and Jason are like this was the worst possible idea to bring these people on our baby moon, as now they’ve left us questioning our life choices. And I didn’t even get to Brittany and Jax yet. (I’ll just say that with gastrointestinal issues, you don’t have to be “drunk” to have problems—just a couple of sips can be a trigger. That being said, having been married to an alcoholic myself, I can understand why Jax is over dealing with Brittany doing this to herself multiple times a week for 8 years.) This has really become an interesting show. I feel like the “reality” is more real with everyone baring their true feelings about their marriages and parenthood, as compared to other Bravo shows where the families are usually in the background and it’s all about the stupid fights about the castmates (such as a fake Insta Big Bear location tag). I have to say, I think this is currently the best show on Bravo, IMO. 

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 9
  • Applause 2
17 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Maybe Danny’s overconfidence in the face of evidence that he’s wrong is his…Napoleon Complex at work! 😉 

Then he starts crying because he’s drowning with his “three under three.”

Then Janet starts crying because Jesse was rude because they were having their big emotional broment, and she’s overwhelmed and just wants some help.

Ha!!!  Excellent point!

No, no. Danny would correct you. “Three under two!”

Thank you!! I only saw Jesse yelling at Janet to not interrupt their precious male-bonding. Jason was neutral, but Janet made him feel as if he betrayed her, and didn’t support her, and didn’t prioritize her, and was a terrible husband. 

4 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

Jason is nice, Janet got very lucky.

100%!!!

Zack said that Janet uses her pregnancy as an excuse to be unreasonable, demanding and high-maintenance. But Zack believes Janet has always been unreasonable, demanding and high-maintenance.

A couple of episodes ago, Jason shared his opinion of Janet’s thrill with regard to gossiping about others. He did not look happy about it. 

• Like 3

I will never understand why someone chooses to do a reality show when they know their marriage is shit. I guess the allure of fame (or maybe fortune) is strong but I can't imagine publicly sharing all the dirty secrets and emotions.

Jax is an asshole but he showed who he was before Britney married him so it's hard to muster any sympathy for her. Maybe the money from this show gave her the needed to boost to finally leave him? fingers crossed

Seems like Michelle and Jesse are both well aware of her indiscretions. Why would think they'd stay private, especially with this group?

I don't like Zack. He's obnoxious and entitled. Reminds me of Lala with his constant opinions on everyone else. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Did I mis-hear or did Jax really use drinking 2 bottles of tequila as an indication that he can hold his liquor unlike Brittany?

Um, Jax, nobody can "hold" 2 bottles of tequila, if they appear sober after bottles that's just as big a red flag as Britany puking her guts out.

In the annals of BRAVO unhappy marriages they are shooting their way up the rankings.

• Like 10
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

This has really become an interesting show. I feel like the “reality” is more real with everyone baring their true feelings about their marriages and parenthood, as compared to other Bravo shows where the families are usually in the background and it’s all about the stupid fights about the castmates (such as a fake Insta Big Bear location tag). I have to say, I think this is currently the best show on Bravo, IMO. 

I agree. I think it helps that a lot of the cast is new to the reality thing so their guards aren't up as much.  This is why I really hope they don't bring Lala or Scheana on to the Valley.  Those two have been on reality tv for so long they don't even know how to be real anymore. 

You can tell that Michelle is just DONE and Jesse is realizing it's over and it's too late.  I go back and forth on my feelings toward Jesse.  I thought he gave really good advice to Jax and Danny and he sees that Jax and Brittany are heading to a point of no return in their relationship. 

I had to laugh at Janet's freak out over Zach's Instagram story.  All this chaos on this trip and an Instagram story is what has you losing it? She's unbelievable.  

• Like 6
45 minutes ago, snarts said:

I will never understand why someone chooses to do a reality show when they know their marriage is shit. I guess the allure of fame (or maybe fortune) is strong but I can't imagine publicly sharing all the dirty secrets and emotions.

Jax is doing the show to make Brittany look like the bad guy, so when the inevitable separation happens he won't look like an asshole.

The Lallys are doing the show to accelerate their (also inevitable) break-up.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Did anyone see Jesse on WWHL?  He told Andy he thinks there should've been a reunion so everyone can process what they've been seeing but he "understands that may not be happening."  Hee.  Andy did not look happy.

If any show needed a reunion, it's this one.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1

I am pretty sure Brittany did go to the Dr. on an episode of VPR and I think he said she may have an ulcer and to lay off drinking which she didn’t.

No reunion for this show is insane. How stupid. Like why?

• Like 9
6 hours ago, Marley said:

I am pretty sure Brittany did go to the Dr. on an episode of VPR and I think he said she may have an ulcer and to lay off drinking which she didn’t.

No reunion for this show is insane. How stupid. Like why?

She did.  And she said, "I can't.  I won't stop because it's too hard."  How can she get pregnant if she cannot stop drinking?  And Jax is no help.

• Like 5
8 hours ago, SFoster21 said:

She did.  And she said, "I can't.  I won't stop because it's too hard."  How can she get pregnant if she cannot stop drinking?  And Jax is no help.

I think you can always count on Jax to not only be no help but to actively be a hindrance to everything he touches.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
23 hours ago, Katie W said:

I agree. I think it helps that a lot of the cast is new to the reality thing so their guards aren't up as much.  This is why I really hope they don't bring Lala or Scheana on to the Valley.  Those two have been on reality tv for so long they don't even know how to be real anymore. 

I had to laugh at Janet's freak out over Zach's Instagram story.  All this chaos on this trip and an Instagram story is what has you losing it? She's unbelievable.  

Yes the secret to reality shows being real is having people who are actually opening up and living their lives.  Lala and Scheana are too far gone to be real.  They have “safe” words on VPR, which lets the other person know they’ve gone too far.  Ummm it’s a reality show, going too far is the point.  

Janet was afraid and unable to SLEEP because her friend may be in the vicinity.  She’s a total control freak.  And a bully.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

It's very clear that Brittany has gastro intestinal issues that get worse when she drinks. I have a a friend who has similar issues and she stopped drinking about 5 years ago and it's helped a lot. I want to be on Brit's side with this but she isn't doing herself any favors. Jax very clearly isn't helping and it seems to be a fight that they have a lot.

I'm going to sound petty, but I'm over grown women not knowing how to cook. Janet is a pill but I kind of got her frustrations there. She mentioned that her and Jasmine are the only ones that know how to cook, so they have to do it all, she goes outside to get some help from the guys with the grill and she gets snapped at by Jesse. I would lose it too.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, SFoster21 said:

She shouldn't get pregnant. Her marriage is imploding. 

• Like 3
13 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I'm going to sound petty, but I'm over grown women not knowing how to cook. Janet is a pill, but I kind of got her frustrations there. She mentioned that her and Jasmine are the only ones that know how to cook, so they have to do it all, she goes outside to get some help from the guys with the grill and she gets snapped at by Jesse. I would lose it too.

It is surprising that Michelle and Nia do not know how to cook. Michelle strikes me as someone who only dines in restaurants and orders take-out. But usually, parents want to provide meals for their children that are more healthful, so they start cooking. I guess Nia is just too tired to cook. Which is understandable. 
Did Jason also say something that offended Janet? Or was it simply because he didn’t immediately shut down Jesse that upset her? 

• Like 4

I really like this show. There should definitely be a reunion. 
I’m someone who has to watch I what I drink and how much. Jax being an asshole about Brittany will help nothing. As someone pointed out she should see a doctor.  Jax may want to think about cutting back himself.
Janet is so dramatic. She was obviously checking social media and on the lookout for Zach who was happy to deliver. 
I like Jesse even though he has some douchey moments. It sounds like a Michelle was already having a fling and dismissed it as being a realtor. 
I really like Danny and Nia. Such a nice couple. Maybe this show will help them get into a house closer to where they want to live.

• Like 4

Jax and Brittany need to stop having the wrong argument, it's annoying.  Jax needs to stop implying that Brittany drinks at alcoholic levels.  It doesn't appear that she does, and that he drinks far more than her, making him (yet again) a hypocrite.

That said! Brittany went to a doctor on VPR and was told to stop drinking.  I 100% believe her stomach issues are exacerbated by drinking, and she needs to just stop all together.  Her bad days may not always be the day of or the day after drinking, but it definitely seems they are all linked.  I'm not saying she will be completely and magically cured by not drinking, but I can't imagine in situation not taking six months off of drinking (while not pregnant) to see how my body reacted, and then seriously consider permanently giving up drinking if my stomach issues significantly improved.

I don't think that Brittany drinks an unreasonable amount for a person with a normal stomach. But I think if you consistently drink to the point of throwing up - even if that is only because of your stomach - you have a drinking problem.  The fact that she so consistently has days where she cannot get out of bed, has been told to stop drinking, and will not give up alcohol is absolutely problematic.  Jax is a moron to make it out like she's a raging alcoholic.  If he weren't such trash, he would be supportive and help foster a non-alcohol environment. Obviously that's not going to happen.  Brittany just needs to accept her body as-is, and stop fucking drinking.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

Jax has a point. If your stomach is sensitive and you throw up every time you drink, then...reduce or stop drinking. Brittany even admitted that she's "not being that kind to my body, but one shot does not mean that I have a drinking problem."

Jax is frustrated by Brittany either 1. not understanding this or 2. clearly ignoring it. 

Brittany interprets his message as "you are accusing me of having a drinking problem", i.e., I'm an alcoholic.

Of course, Jax's delivery always sucks. 

Edited by gwen747
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
On 5/25/2024 at 4:40 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Nia’s twins appear in “Young Sheldon.”

As Mandy and George's baby?

On 5/24/2024 at 5:02 PM, lasu said:

Jax and Brittany need to stop having the wrong argument, it's annoying.  Jax needs to stop implying that Brittany drinks at alcoholic levels.  It doesn't appear that she does, and that he drinks far more than her, making him (yet again) a hypocrite.

That said! Brittany went to a doctor on VPR and was told to stop drinking.  I 100% believe her stomach issues are exacerbated by drinking, and she needs to just stop all together.  Her bad days may not always be the day of or the day after drinking, but it definitely seems they are all linked.  I'm not saying she will be completely and magically cured by not drinking, but I can't imagine in situation not taking six months off of drinking (while not pregnant) to see how my body reacted, and then seriously consider permanently giving up drinking if my stomach issues significantly improved.

I don't think that Brittany drinks an unreasonable amount for a person with a normal stomach. But I think if you consistently drink to the point of throwing up - even if that is only because of your stomach - you have a drinking problem.  The fact that she so consistently has days where she cannot get out of bed, has been told to stop drinking, and will not give up alcohol is absolutely problematic.  Jax is a moron to make it out like she's a raging alcoholic.  If he weren't such trash, he would be supportive and help foster a non-alcohol environment. Obviously that's not going to happen.  Brittany just needs to accept her body as-is, and stop fucking drinking.

Brittany drinks a lot. It was obvious on Vanderpump Rules.

• Like 1
On 5/21/2024 at 10:57 PM, Marley said:

Oh god Danny is crying why? He seems like a sensitive little baby who can’t handle the attention not on him. Nia obviously always caters to him. He seems to have a fragile ego.

Meh Janet. She sucks. Calm down Zack isn’t coming to murder you.

Jax is a dbag but Brittany seems to have issues with getting sick from booze. He does speak to her horribly. He always has tho. They never should’ve gotten married their relationship has always been shit lol.

Jesse kind of has all of their numbers even if he is a douche himself.

I have zero sympathy for Brittany.  She knew full well that he was an SOB when she married him.  And then she was stupid enough to have a child with the bastard?  Nope, no sympathy whatsoever from me.

• Like 8
On 5/23/2024 at 7:22 PM, ZettaK said:

She shouldn't get pregnant. Her marriage is imploding. 

She’s not going to get pregnant.  Jax wouldn’t touch her with a ten foot pole.  He has absolutely no sexual attraction to her.

• Like 4

Wow.

Jax Taylor's new fling jokingly says she's 'pregnant' at birthday party for Ariana Madix's brother
The model's facetious comment comes after Taylor's estranged spouse, Brittany Cartwright, explained on "The Valley" that she had wanted to expand her family with him.

Read in Page Six: https://apple.news/ArW9EOp4lQISnpAd6u2BJpg

• Mind Blown 1
On 5/23/2024 at 11:21 AM, MaggieG said:

I'm going to sound petty, but I'm over grown women not knowing how to cook.

I'm going to sound petty but I'm over grown women adults not knowing how to cook.

Fixed it for you.

So two of the four couples split after filming. Season two should be interesting..

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Wow.

Jax Taylor's new fling jokingly says she's 'pregnant' at birthday party for Ariana Madix's brother
The model's facetious comment comes after Taylor's estranged spouse, Brittany Cartwright, explained on "The Valley" that she had wanted to expand her family with him.

Read in Page Six: https://apple.news/ArW9EOp4lQISnpAd6u2BJpg

She is on OnlyFans.

• Useful 2

I hate to say it, but Jax has a point about Brittany's drinking, but like others mentioned, his delivery is bad. He also tried to humiliate her in front of her friends, and on tv. 

Janet was so dramatic about scared of Zach coming to Big Bear. 

Jesse was so rude to Janet for daring to interupt man talk 🙄. He didn't even bother to ask what she wanted (it was something simple, anyway).

As for Danny, he thinks Mia doesn't appreciate him? She was pregnant with three kids for almost a year, twice, she has to nurse them, and she takes care of them, with him helping a little bit. She also suffers from post partum disorder. He sounds like a drama queen, as well (also see Janet, Kristen, Jax, Zach, even Jesse). 

Jesse is funny though, and good for reality tv. Unfortunately, his reality is too real...

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Danny just seems like a huge baby that has to be catered to because of his fragile ego. He’s more successful than me for sure lol but he’s not really this amazing actor he seems to think he is. Seems like he’s a voice actor which again is fine but calm down a bit with the arrogant bs.

Michelle prob was cheating on Jesse but he was prob cheating on her too. He’s kind of gross and she’s annoying and monotone.

Jason must be boring if he wants to be with lame ass Janet.

Didn’t miss Zack lol.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Boy, drunk Danny is pretty cruel. Nia was embarrassed  more than anything.

Jax and Brittney  are so done. I think  she still loves him, but to have to ask your husband  to be nice to you, it's  not okay at all. Put a fork in it.

Michelle  almost  seems  too young for Jesse,  in every way possible.  But now they are both seeing someone,  they are fine. Michelle  and her new man, go over to Jesse's  and his girlfriend  and hang out. Jesse looked hot on WWHL, I don't  think he'd  have any problems getting  another  woman.

Janet seemed a tad more likeable  this episode,  her marriage  seems pretty good, Jason is definitely a good guy.

I didn't  miss Kristen  or Zach.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

That was brutal (Jesse and Michelle, Jax and Brittany, and even Danny and Mia). When Jesse was telling the guys the couple was working on their marriage, Michelle was telling Brittany that she didn't love her husband anymore, and she didn't even like him....Danny acted like a spoiled child. Again. Jax was so sure that Brittany would never leave him, but she did.

The scenes with Michelle asking for a divorce and Brittany leaving the marital house were filmed recently, months after filming ended when Bravo resumed filming to ffollow those developments.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

She apparently  picked  Jax up from his house, in a limo. Wth does  she want with him? 

1 minute ago, sugarbaker design said:

A role in a Bravo reality show?

An STD?

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
(edited)

Michelle should not have brought up the Nia and Danny real estate conflict during dinner. 

(Do Jesse and Michelle both want to interfere in a marriage that seems stronger than theirs?)

Janet’s Vanilla costume showed no effort. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 3

I found Jax's declaration that Brittany would never leave/divorce him a bit unsettling. The words/his body language reminded me too much of men with the whole "if I can't have you, no one will" mentality. Not saying Jax would get violent but it the possessiveness was triggering.

• Like 2

I bet Jax will have another kid with his next chick. He’s a pig and I bet he is not happy Cruz is having issues. In his stupid mind I’m sure he’s blaming anything happening with Cruz on Brittany.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
On 5/24/2024 at 4:23 AM, Chatty Cake said:

closer to where they want to live.

Strangely, I'm from LA, and moved to Santa Clarita to be able to have a bigger spot when we had kids... I hadn't even considered what it would be like, I was just happy to have a cleaner community and more space. In my particular experience, I was very depressed, very lonely, couldn't find Mom friends in that area. She dodged a bullet!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I should have known when I was complimenting Danny’s maturity just last week that I was going to end up eating my words. But I didn’t think it would happen that fast! It was very telling that Nina was hissing to him that he was fighting with her and insulting her on TV. So the most functional couple on this show have just been putting on an act for television. Well, they would have gotten away with it if it weren’t for that pesky scotch whiskey! Contrast this with Jesse who seems to have no concerns putting all of his issues on TV—just as long as the gang doesn’t find out about it. It was pretty odd the way he was “defending” Michelle’s actions by saying he encourages her to come on to men to get their business—but then behind closed doors was concerned whether Michelle was actually sexting men. Michelle had a completely flat response of “What are you implying?” which to me tried to turn it around that he was doing something wrong by asking, but her response devoid of all emotion just made it obvious she’s guilty as hell and doesn’t even care to try to defend her actions. Then throw on top of it Janet talking to Britany about B&J’s marriage problems—Janet and Jason must really be panicked about having kids now, as they watch all of their friends’ marriages fall apart around them on this “baby moon.”

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, snarts said:

I found Jax's declaration that Brittany would never leave/divorce him a bit unsettling. The words/his body language reminded me too much of men with the whole "if I can't have you, no one will" mentality. Not saying Jax would get violent but it the possessiveness was triggering.

He was also SO sure his wife who she considers lucky to be with him would EVER leave him. 

• Like 1