Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: Live Chat

• Start Topic

A&E is starting a series on April 22 at 9 pm called "Quarter Ton Teen". It is produced by Younan Nowzaradan. Maybe they are closing out this show and focusing on this new one instead.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
Just now, babyhouseman said:

He's excited to meet Dr. Now. I know Dr. Now is excited too.  

Doc will be very impressed by his upper body strength.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
6 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Charles doesn’t think he really needs Dr. Now. I’m sure he’ll be successful on his journey.

This comment is so dry this ain't Of Mice and Men, it's The Grapes of Wrath. Up here in the comments section, anyway!  Also, this episode is so boring I might prefer re-reading The Grapes of Wrath, which is saying somethin!

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
2 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

America’s Test Kitchen gave them a high rating!

America's Test Kitchen? I find their recipes too fiddly and lacking in seasoning. So I side eye their recommendations on principle. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
Just now, mmecorday said:

"Little People, Big World" is still on? Why? 

My question is why was it on in the first place?

(I recently got a facebook memory from some years ago where I asked "how many shows about little people does one network need?")

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

"Little People, Big World" is still on? Why? 

It's got to be ending. All the children are leaving. It will be just the parents and their partners. 

1 minute ago, LizzyB said:

This comment is so dry this ain't Of Mice and Men, it's The Grapes of Wrath. Up here in the comments section, anyway!  Also, this episode is so boring I might prefer re-reading The Grapes of Wrath, which is saying somethin!

Don't get sucked in by Grapes! They are evil!

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
3 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

He already ate them

Rabbits are delicious, though.

I wonder how they are going to stuff him through the airplane door and into the seat!

• Like 1

I lived in Seattle for 5 years. Absolutely loved it (this was before everything went to hell in a handbasket there). I loved seeing the mountains just riding the city bus or on campus. I loved the trees and the overcast sky. This guy has a wonderful environment all around him and he can't even take advantage of it.

image.png.478349296eb50ecc2b83957ee8d6e60b.png

Drumheller Fountain on UWashington campus, with Mt Rainier in distance.  I used to have dreams about the mountain becoming a volcano. Too many movies, I guess. And the fact that we were each supplied with a volcano safety kit at our desks in the doctoral office.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

FWIW I was really skinny when I smoked.  I smoked while doing anything. No need to find the time. 

Oh, I lost a lot of weight when I started smoking. And I gained a lot when I quit. Now that I'm retired I do smoke a little. (I always said I would once I retired). But nowadays you have to go outside and make a little occasion of it. No more sitting at your desk at work, smoking like a fiend, or between courses at a restaurant, or at the bar, drink in one hand, smoke in the other! 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

Rabbits are delicious, though.

I wonder how they are going to stuff him through the airplane door and into the seat!

My first childhood pet was a rabbit so I can’t eat them

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh, I lost a lot of weight when I started smoking. And I gained a lot when I quit. Now that I'm retired I do smoke a little. (I always said I would once I retired). But nowadays you have to go outside and make a little occasion of it. No more sitting at your desk at work, smoking like a fiend, or between courses at a restaurant, or at the bar, drink in one hand, smoke in the other! 

We smoked in college classes, in the movies, on airplanes!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

I lived in Seattle for 5 years. Absolutely loved it (this was before everything went to hell in a handbasket there). I loved seeing the mountains just riding the city bus or on campus. I loved the trees and the overcast sky. This guy has a wonderful environment all around him and he can't even take advantage of it.

image.png.478349296eb50ecc2b83957ee8d6e60b.png

Drumheller Fountain on UWashington campus, with Mt Rainier in distance.  I used to have dreams about the mountain becoming a volcano. Too many movies, I guess. And the fact that we were each supplied with a volcano safety kit at our desks in the doctoral office.

What's in a "volcano safety kit?"

• Like 1
1 minute ago, LizzyB said:

What's in a "volcano safety kit?"

Might that be like when I was a kid and we had air raid drills and hid under wooden desks to protect us from radiation when a nuclear bomb went off. Even as a kid I thought that was stupid.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, EtheltoTillie said:

We smoked in college classes, in the movies, on airplanes!

Yup, I smoked behind the bar when I was a bartender. My son is utterly amazed that we all smoked EVERYWHERE. When I first went to college everyone smoked in class, to show how cool and insouciant they were. 

• Like 4