Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: Live Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)

Of course he smokes.

And I sure wouldn't want to be next to him on a plane.

He moves like a jellyfish. Yes I'll go to hell.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

Charlie plans on showing Dr. Now how much weight he will have lost.

Wait, did you see Charlie wobble like a freaking whirly gig to go on that fishing trip?  I'm so sorry but that was some funny shit!!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Year's worth of progress?  If you did a year's worth of progress you would have lost at least half your weight, you lazy mooch. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

I'm thinking that he could have had a fresh vegetable platter (with some type of dressing) and he would definitely feel fuller than a protein shake.

Exactly! He can suck down a shake in about two minutes. A big plate of vegetables or salad greens would take some time to eat and satisfy him more. And a cucumber is about 20 calories for crying out loud. 

God, here we go. "I'll show him! He'll be forced to admit that I was RIGHT". 

He thinks he's made a year's worth of progress? He "feels" that he's lost weight. Poor lad is delusional. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

And of course he can't even do a short ride without stuffing his face.  No wonder he isn't even considering a drive to Houston, it would have been so many fast food stops, it would take them three months to cover the distance. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6

Tonight's episode is the 7th of season 12.  Next week it is WATN Supersized: One Ton Family.  So, I guess tonight is the end of the season.  

His story of changing addictions reminds me of Doug from Texas several season ago.  

Charles Bridgman, Age: 31 , From: Everett, WA. Personal Care Assistant Yelena. Another young poundticipant.  5' tall.  Sister works full time, brother's full time job is caretaker to Charles. 

Breakfast: 5 eggs, with cheese, 7 biscuits, sausages.  He lives with his sister and brother for free.   He was on drugs, and after rehab he changed to food addiction.  His pictures show he was always big, even as a toddler.  180 lbs by middle school, grandmother was a major enabler.    

350 to 400 lbs by the time he went to rehab, and then he traded drug addiction for even more food addiction.   Charles, brother and sister all live in low income housing.    I can't believe that grocery cart full of every junk food available.  

Month 1-video call to Dr. Now.  Dr. Now says he should weigh 100 lbs. at 5' tall, so needs to lose 500 lbs.  Dr. Now tells him he has to lose weight before he goes to Houston, and he'll have to stay in Houston for a while after surgery.   Charles is about to get ugly with Dr. Now.  Charles says brother will go on the diet too, but brother doesn't look overweight.  He's being sent to a local clinic for a weigh in.   50 lbs a month is his goal, and he has to be much smaller, and walking easily before going to Houston. 

Month 2-Working on Dr. Now's program at home.  His labored breathing worries me.   He missed the appointment at the local weigh-in clinic.  

Month 4-Still doing the program at home, with diet and exercise, and still no weigh-in.   He's getting another video call with Dr. Now about the lack of communication or weigh-in.   Dr. Now doesn't allow protein shakes, and he calls them empty calories, and poor nutrition.   Charles slams the laptop shut because Dr. Now told him the truth, and he tells the camera crew to leave. 

Month 5-Still on the protein shakes. And the camera crew showed a taxi/van driving by.   At least he's walking better. And he's a smoker.  He thinks in Month 6 he can fly to Houston. 

Month 6-He's going to the lake and go fishing, and picnic with his brother.  If he can use the taxi/Uber for fishing, then he can go to the local clinic for a weigh-in.  

I liked the Fresh Pet commercials with the sister and trailer, and the garage/man cave one.  

GLP-1 Ro commercials on this show seems a bit much.   

• Like 2
1 minute ago, CSunshine76 said:

Serious question…can he even fit in two first class seats? I don’t think so.

The ones I’ve been in recently have solid dividers, so no. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I buy most of my leggings at Old Navy. They're inexpensive and they fit well. 

I swear by Kohl's Tek Gear brand.  Very durable.

• Love 1
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

Well at least his brother is getting a workout pushing him

Given that the brother has the same genetic predisposition to addictive behavior, maybe channeling his addiction into being his brother's servant is the least of all evils.  Better than drugs, alcohol, gambling or sex... 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Well at least his brother is getting a workout pushing him

Now we know why he's not overweight.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
4 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Thanks, the huge one I used to visit closed down…boooo

Oh I get mine online. And now I'm down from a 2X to a Large! So I have to buy more! What a shame. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, DropTheSoap said:

Protein shakes are not on de diet. 

Sandwiches and fruit most definitely aren’t. 

Came here to say this. He is not changing his eating habit.

As a turtle owner (he's 55)+!, I hope they do not catch a turtle.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Is there any way there's proof he's lost weight? There's no baseline weight to measure any loss against. 

I hate this Allegra commercial. This girl is surly. Shouldn't she be happy she's not all allergy- y?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
12 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh, that's too bad! Gortons is owned by the Moonies, maybe the quality's gone down since they took over. 

America’s Test Kitchen gave them a high rating!

• Mind Blown 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Already? We didn’t get many episodes 

Yes!  I feel like we've only just begun.  At least there will be a handful of 'where are they nows' so we can hang out here for a while longer. 

PS  The schedule says Diana is next week from season 5.  So is this our final goodbye???   Noooo! ((screams like a poundticipant being forcibly separated from their favorite meal forever))

Edited by Hellga
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

This is the weirdest version of "Of Mice and Men" I've ever seen. 

I just actually guffawed. Out loud. Alone in a room. Thank you!  You are clearly what the world needs now!

• Like 5
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

This is the weirdest version of "Of Mice and Men" I've ever seen. 

Please don't let there be any rabbits...

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
4 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Given that the brother has the same genetic predisposition to addictive behavior, maybe channeling his addiction into being his brother's servant is the least of all evils.  Better than drugs, alcohol, gambling or sex... 

Brother looks like he has other addictions.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1