Type keyword(s) to search

Jinger and Jeremy Vuolo

• Start Topic

J&J put out another podcast/youtube today. This one about what is was like growing up on TV   

Nothing that we don't already know but  a couple of interesting things.  Like expressed in past it seems they seemed like the crew was liked by all.  Jinger and Jeremy are not that interesting story tellers so not sure how long they can keep up podcasts at this rate. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

I enjoyed last week's video, but on this one, I'm just 10 minutes in and Jeremy keeps interrupting Jinger every few seconds.  Last week, he let her talk with no interruptions.

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

So, Jinger and Jeremy closed on the sale of their house in July. Now the house they moved to shows as sold since then. Money trees must follow them IF they are the new owners.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Useful 2
(edited)

JinJer have a new video up on purity culture. To save you having to slog through it, they say that purity in an of itself is godly. They don't like the rules (50 page survey, anyone?) that are attached to the movement. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 6

Jeremy talks about the standard of beauty being your spouse.  He says to Jinger at 19:06, "I don't look at you and compare you to other women and say 'Hey Jinger, can you be attractive like these other women?'  You are my standard of beauty."

I know he didn't mean that to be insulting, but it sort of sounds insulting.  Is it just me?  

• Like 10
  • Mind Blown 2

It sounds like the type of thing he thinks he should say. But not a thing he actually believes.

I wouldn't believe someone who said that to me. Objectively, there are others more attractive than I am. It doesn't hurt me for that to be acknowledged. Obviously there is more to attraction than just looks. But if someone is purely talking looks than I would find it disingenuous to claim I was the standard. If he really thinks that, he's lying to himself and to her.

• Like 17
On 8/6/2024 at 8:01 AM, Gemma Violet said:

They've got three kids under 3 and a half, so he's probably busily helping out with them on tour.  Only not.  That's women's work, right Cade.

eta:  Maybe I was a bit hasty.  I looked on Gabby's Instgram and Cade looks like an involved dad.  

They’ve got three kids now? Last I heard she was pregnant with number two! Crazy. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
(edited)
21 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I know he didn't mean that to be insulting, but it sort of sounds insulting.  Is it just me?  

Especially given the fact he used to make her responsible for her phone so he wouldn't sin (presumably concerning other women), it sounds really condescending and disingenuous. Almost like he got called out for it so has come up with this as his new talking point. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 7
  • Sad 2

This is such a Fundy thing that is ass backwards. There will always be men and women who are more physically attractive than our spouses. Why deny that? We can think other folks are beautiful/handsome and leave it at that. It doesn't mean we want to boink them, or that we wish our spouse looked different, it just means what it means.

• Like 20

I understand what he was saying, and I don't take it negatively. To me, my partner is the most attractive person in the world. But objectively, there are better-looking people out there.

• Like 4
49 minutes ago, Tasya said:

I understand what he was saying, and I don't take it negatively. To me, my partner is the most attractive person in the world. But objectively, there are better-looking people out there.

I felt the same way. I wasn't offended by the comment. 

• Like 4
54 minutes ago, precious pupp said:

My opinion is that Mr. Wissman is better-looking than the other brothers-in-law, even Jeremy.  I hope Stephen isn't arrogant like most fundie men seem to be.

“Even” Jeremy? He’s not particularly good looking, imo. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 5
5 hours ago, AstridM said:

“Even” Jeremy? He’s not particularly good looking, imo. 

I don't think he's very good looking either, but I seem to remember he was referred to as such by other posts.  IMO he's just average, but somewhat better than the Duggar boys.  

• Like 9

Even snarkers were pretty thirsty for Jeremy back in the day. It took a couple of years of him making an ass out of himself before the tides turned. He never did anything for me. 

• Like 11
(edited)

In Jinger and Jeremy's latest video, they do a Q&A and one of the questions is about Jinger's daily routine.  In her answer, it sounds like Felicity attends school.  They don't say what kind of school.

They later have a discussion about school in general, and surprisingly, Jeremy doesn't seem all that against public school.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 2
  • Useful 6

I can see Jeremy not against public school because it's free. He doesn't have to devert money from buying his shoes and stuff to pay for school. If he was able to get free private or Christian school he'd send her there.

• Like 10

I remember looking up the school when it was in its infancy a few years ago. At the time, it was hybrid. Even if that's still the case, I think Jinger could handle homeschooling a couple days a week. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I think Jeremy values education, so I would be surprised if his kids did not go to some school with other children, be it public or private.  He is not a school of the dining room table type.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
6 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I remember looking up the school when it was in its infancy a few years ago. At the time, it was hybrid. Even if that's still the case, I think Jinger could handle homeschooling a couple days a week. 

Yes, it’s hybrid.

• Like 4

It was kind of long and repetitive but they seemed to be more relaxed.  I don't think there was a lot of new info but they did have Jana, Michelle, and some of the sisters come to their house for a bachelorette party/weekend.  Curious if they or Jana put out a video or pictures of that event.  Jinger talked about how happy she was to see some of Michelle's family there that she had not seen in a long time.   Jinger must have said "sweet" a hundred times and she kept getting teary eyed.  Of course the Rev. Jer  had to add a few God lessons in and quoting John MacArthur one time. 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2

One thing I thought was kind of refreshing is that Jeremy referred to Stephen Wissmann as a "handsome devil."  You or I wouldn't think twice about using that term, but it's surprising when a fundy uses it.  I used to work with a born-again Christian, and she would never in a million years say the word "devil."  She wouldn't even eat devil's food cake or deviled eggs.  (I think some fundies now call them angel eggs.)

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 8
3 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

One thing I thought was kind of refreshing is that Jeremy referred to Stephen Wissmann as a "handsome devil."  You or I wouldn't think twice about using that term, but it's surprising when a fundy uses it.  I used to work with a born-again Christian, and she would never in a million years say the word "devil."  She wouldn't even eat devil's food cake or deviled eggs.  (I think some fundies now call them angel eggs.)

That is a lack of knowledge.  Deviling is a cooking method which mixes warm spices with food.  Mustard is often involved.     You can devil anything--almost.  Deviled salmon, deviled ham, deviled eggs come immediately to mind.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Wasn’t sure if my post seemed offensive (not at all my intention), so I just deleted it.

woodscommaelle, I thought your post was harmless, but I know the feeling of having second thoughts after a post.  I've deleted a few myself that probably didn't need deletion, lol. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

That is a lack of knowledge.  Deviling is a cooking method which mixes warm spices with food.  Mustard is often involved.     You can devil anything--almost.  Deviled salmon, deviled ham, deviled eggs come immediately to mind.

This is a woman (my co-worker) who was taught by her strange and cultish pastor that demons came out of the TV (so no TV was allowed), so who knows what she thought about deviled eggs.  That was 40 years ago.  She's now thankfully in a more mainstream church.    

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

woodscommaelle, I thought your post was harmless, but I know the feeling of having second thoughts after a post.  I've deleted a few myself that probably didn't need deletion, lol. 

Thank you. I appreciate your words. And it’s nice to know that I’m not the only one to second-guess (and in this case third fourth and fifth!) myself. 🤗

• Like 8
  • Hugs 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Thank you. I appreciate your words. And it’s nice to know that I’m not the only one to second-guess (and in this case third fourth and fifth!) myself. 🤗

I've deleted posts too, especially when I anticipate "corrections" or when I feel that my post temporarily killed a thread, worrying that my post was too boring!

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
On 8/17/2024 at 1:40 PM, precious pupp said:

My opinion is that Mr. Wissman is better-looking than the other brothers-in-law, even Jeremy.  I hope Stephen isn't arrogant like most fundie men seem to be.

I always thought Ben was good looking. 

On 8/1/2024 at 1:58 AM, Gemma Violet said:

Latest podcast episode:  Jinger discusses growing up with 18 siblings.  It's actually quite interesting.

Gee, Jeremy, wear a pair of shoes!  I don't want to look at your socks.  Jinger is wearing big honking sneakers, also not the most attractive.

• LOL 3
44 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Gee, Jeremy, wear a pair of shoes!  I don't want to look at your socks. 

I've seen 6 of their 8 podcasts and Jeremy doesn't wear shoes in any of them.  I'm guessing he doesn't wear shoes in the house.  In some of the podcasts, you can see that the bottoms of his socks are dirty.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I kind of get it.  My shoes always stay in the garage and are never worn in the house.  I don't have a podcast, but if I did I would have some house shoes on.

Same for me!  I go barefoot in the house, but I wouldn't do that on a podcast. 

• Like 6
10 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I'm surprised given how much he loves shoes that Jeremy's not wearing any in his podcasts.

Gosh, yes!  He had a golden opportunity to show off his shoes.  You blew it, homie.

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

So why is it necessary for anyone to see the feet of someone doing a podcast?

I follow some podcasters via their YouTube channels. They're shown on video as they are speaking, often with someone else they're talking with. And - I've never seen any feet. Or legs, come to think of it. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 3