Type keyword(s) to search

Season 25 All Episodes Discussion

• Start Topic

I watched the first episode, but I'm not confident that I'll stick with it this season.  Dan and Shay didn't really add much to the mix and I kind of find Reba insufferable after last season.  She has a great "super nice" persona, but it seemed like she only supported contestants that she related to...as in female country singers.  I also HATE that they seem to have upped the ante on multi-person acts .  Its just not fair to compare single voices to groups that have the ability to harmonize.  Its called "The Voice" not "The Group" or "The Band".

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Nothing against Dan and Shay but were there NO other female singers available to judge? I like when there's a better balance energy wise. I'm not sure how this is going to work. Or even how much I care. Overall this show isn't the same for me without Kelly and Blake. 

Edited by OLynn33
  • Like 9
13 hours ago, OLynn33 said:

Nothing against Dan and Shay but were there NO other female singers available to judge? I like when there's a better balance energy wise. I'm not sure how this is going to work. Or even how much I care. Overall this show isn't the same for me without Kelly and Blake. 

Kelly , Blake  I’d even take Adam back.

• Like 4

From Monday’s show, how could no one turn for Mecca Notes? He sounded really good to me. John said there were control issues but it sounded like the judges were being picky so maybe this episode had them close to filling their teams

• Like 2

This is the first time in many seasons that I'm just not watching for some reason.  It's not that I purposefully am not watching-I'm just not watching.  Maybe I'm not really interested in any of the judges, or maybe it's just becoming repetitive and redundant to me.  We'll see-maybe I'll start watching at some point.

• Like 1

The coaches are being a lot pickier this year.

Dan + Shay seem nice but there's something off about the mix of coaches. I think they need more feminine energy.

• Like 4

Yeah, Dan & Shay aren’t really working for me but they do seem nice. They couldn’t find a female singer for this season? I miss Niall but like Chance a lot. John Legend is a great guy but I am a bit sick of his smuggery. I think I just miss the judges from early seasons. Oh well. There’s a few good voices so far but my biggest pet peeve is Carson screeching from the sidelines during the auditions.  So annoying and pointless. 

Sweet that Dan and Shay played and sang for the woman they didn’t pick. I don’t know snything about them but the vocalist can really sing…Dan? Shay? 

• Like 1

Battle rounds start tonight

4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Please remind me what song  did the coaches perform beginning of show last week? 

Put a Little Love in Your Heart

• Love 1
(edited)

Favorite Battles tonight:

Karen vs Ryan, “Save Me the Trouble”. Really good “performing” from the both of them that told a story rather than just singing at each other

L. vs Tae, “We Don't Fight Anymore”. Same as above

Alyssa vs Asher, “We Don’t Need Another Hero”. Powerhouse performance from Asher and Alyssa managed to (mostly) keep up with him

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 2

I’m so glad John chose Zoey over the trio. I’ve never thought it was fair to match up single singers against harmonizing trios. I really didn’t think Zoey had a chance going in because her blind audition was just so so. But she really stepped it up on the battle and it’s great John recognized and rewarded that. 

I like Chance a lot, he seems kind and humble. 

• Like 11

I'm watching this season. I basically just like the premise of this show, and some seasons engage me more than others.  So far no singers have really made a strong impact, but sometimes that doesn't happen until further in.  Chance has slowly grown on me.  Initially I couldn't understand why he was a coach, but the more I listen to his feedback I see that he has a lot of thoughts and insights into music and I now enjoy him. I also appreciate that he doesn't have a  huge ego and is more laid back. 

• Like 7
18 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Chance has slowly grown on me.  Initially I couldn't understand why he was a coach, but the more I listen to his feedback I see that he has a lot of thoughts and insights into music and I now enjoy him. I also appreciate that he doesn't have a huge ego and is more laid back. 

Didn't know a thing about Chance when he came to the show, but liked him and Niall in their 1st season.   I've really come to love him this season for the reasons you mention.  Get a kick out of him bopping to the music.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

Maluma is wearing a half made coat. Like it’s missing some seams. 

Maybe the other half of his coat is with his pants.  He's a good-looking man, but that's no excuse for dressing like a flasher.

• Like 1

Overall, pretty good performances for the first night of the Playoffs. No complaints that I can think of right now

21 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Not much on tv tonight so I tuned in. When watching the first two ladies perform I thought…well this is lackluster. 

That was last night’s clip show? Yeah. Notice we’ve had very few comments here on the show. 

• Like 1

I really like Chance's top 3, even though a couple of the performances were lacklustre last night. Still very talented.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jal said:

I really like Chance's top 3, even though a couple of the performances were lacklustre last night. Still very talented.

I did like the young guy with the guitar on Chance’s team. But they all have good teams.  

My front runner for Chance is the young lady that sang Clocks .  For Reba - Asher based upon stage presence alone.  I love the dramatic outfits and his whole aura. 

• Like 1

What happened to the bottom 4 singers? 

Was something going on with the sound? Either she couldn’t hear the music , she was surprised by being bottom 4 and got thrown off, she was just nervous. I’m not sure.  The second girl that sang was better and by the 4 th person any sound issues were resolved.  Very bizarre. 

I think she may have been off-key, unfortunately. Perhaps nerves. Sad to see Nadège and Zoe go home.

I'm happy with who made it through, as there are some very talented folks this season,  but I am surprised Zoe didn't make it. I agree with John that she has a very good voice.  

• Like 1

I don’t like that the voice only gives one vote.  I like them all equally. They all seem nice.  So my one vote may go to the cruse ship singer. He’s always entertaining. 

Everything that's wrong with this show was just distilled into 5 minutes. Gina Miles, who won two seasons ago came on to sing her "new single" which ends up being a cover of Chris Isaac's Wicked Game (that she sang on the show during her season).

Are you kidding me? Two years post-show and Gina Miles doesn't have a single song of her own that the Voice was willing to let her sing live? What does that tell you about the people that Gina has gotten to "work" w/ since she won? She's gorgeous with a reasonably unique voice. If she's not a marketable non-country winner, then who the heck would be??

• Like 6

I’m surprised Nathan took fourth, I thought he’d be higher. I think Asher had the best voice but Nathan was a great showman and I hope he gets a great gig out of this. He could have a 60s/70s soul showcase in Vegas somewhere and people would eat that up. 

• Like 5
43 minutes ago, desertflower said:

I’m surprised Nathan took fourth, I thought he’d be higher. I think Asher had the best voice but Nathan was a great showman and I hope he gets a great gig out of this. He could have a 60s/70s soul showcase in Vegas somewhere and people would eat that up. 

Surprised me too. Nathan is a great performer. I was surprised Karen was fifth and Brian was third. I’d have flipped those two. 

• Like 2

Well how about that, the best voice actually won. I thought the second best voice was L but she got unfairly eliminated.   Nathan really has that old school R&B/Motown vibe down, the challenge will be finding modern music that makes the best use of it.

This whole thing really could have been 15 minutes long though.

• Like 5

I ended up voting for Asher .  Nathan is great and hope he can expand beyond the cruise ship.  I think the two country singers cancelled themselves out.  

side note - can singing shows never let other singers perform ‘ go rest high on that mountain’ except Vince Gill.  The only other version that comes close is from Carrie Underwood ( and she performed it in front of Gill).  Reba’s guy just didn’t have the emotion to tackle it.

• Like 1

Finally watched this. I was going to be truly disappointed if the male country dude won. No offense, but IMO he is nothing special.  It had to be Asher, Nathan, or Brian for the win. I am happy it was Asher and I hope Nathan can progress in his career from here, and Brian as well.   

One thing I always wish this show would do is a segment about the people in the band. It would be fun to see a practice session where they are working out how to do one of the songs, so we could get to know them a bit more.  I think it must be a pretty good gig for a musician - they have a steady check and hours, no need to go touring around the country, and they get to play a variety of music which must be fun.

• Like 3