Type keyword(s) to search

S28:07:Week 7

• Start Topic

I'm here in a hotel a few miles down the road Prince's Paisley Park, pizza beside me on the bed, settling down to watch The Bachlor. Yay! It seems so luxurious to stay in a hotel in your own home area, but I've had no heat at my house for several days and it's cold!

Joey and his six supplicants are off to western Canada (forgot exactly where) and it's cold there, too! And who will Joey be cold to when he runs out of roses tonight?

• Like 6
  • Hugs 3
1 minute ago, Lamb18 said:

I'm here in a hotel a few miles down the road Prince's Paisley Park, pizza beside me on the bed, settling down to watch The Bachlor. Yay! It seems so luxurious to stay in a hotel in your own home area, but I've had no heat at my house for several days and it's cold!

Joey and his six supplicants are off to western Canada (forgot exactly where) and it's cold there, too! And who will Joey be cold to when he runs out of roses tonight?

That sounds like a fun little “getaway.” Did you jump on the bed and yell out over the balcony like the contestants when they arrive at a hotel? I hope your heat is fixed soon…or not, if you enjoy having an excuse to be at a hotel.

Please, does anyone have an albuterol inhaler for Jesse?!? My man in having a full-on asthma attack after that tennis game.

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
(edited)

Two weeks in a row and they are at hotels I’ve stayed at.  I stayed at the Queen Elizabeth in Montreal many times in the mid 90s as I used to go to Montreal frequently on business.   And I’ve also stayed at Jasper Park Lodge where they are now.  Absolutely beautiful area.  And the most comfortable bed I’ve ever slept in.  

Btw, Jasper is about 4 hours north of Calgary where I lived for 2 years and is west of Edmonton 

Jeez.  He has a padded jacket on and she has a sweater. 

Eta….Gentleman Joey gave her his jacket. 

Edited by DEL901
  • Like 8
  • Love 2

It looked like Ellie was limping.  I really love that Joey can put coherent sentences together.  Sometimes I feel like Daisy is too good to be true. I've been following her on instagram, and she posts way more than other contestants I've followed.

• Like 4

This fire-powered hot tub seems a little dangerous to control the temperature. It’s giving me cartoon vibes where the characters think they going for a little soak and don’t realize they’re another character’s soup.

rabbit GIF

• Like 1
  • LOL 18
  • Love 1

I appreciate Daisy's honesty.  It's so nice that she's not saying, "I am falling for you," just cause thats the expected thing, or because a producer has told her she needs to say it.

• Like 11
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, WatcherUp2 said:

I really, really like Daisy's honesty. She's not a gusher who's all in because he's THE BACHELOR, but she's pacing her emotions realistically.

This falling for you-in love continuum timing is starting earlier and earlier. I thought it was wild when Joey started off his date with Daisy saying she’s the ONLY one who hasn’t told him she’s falling for him yet!! Usually maybe one person might say it at hometowns  and then by the final two dates. But half the contestants shouldn’t be saying this over the course of the last couple of weeks already, Joey is getting falling for you declarations on first dates and I think at least one or two without even having a date yet. It’s either fake or delusional—maybe both.

• Like 11

I feel like whoever arranged the date with Daisy was sensitive to her hearing loss. When they went through the double doors after Joey gave her the rose, I thought there would be a band and wondered if she could hear the music well enough to appreciate it. Then, it's ice skating! No hearing issues here!

I also liked the honest conversation they had.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Not sure what the purpose of the hockey rink was. Just coz it’s so Canadian? Or to imply as they kiss in front of the goal that Joey is a keeper? It was a pretty horse ride but a rather boring date. Heavily F1 editing of Daisy. 

• Like 1

I hope there is a bathroom close by for the one who is lactose intolerant.

So is this Maria's true colors coming out, and Sydney and Lea more right than we thought?

• Like 9

Maria started the episode reasonable, understanding that because she just had a 1-1 date, she probably wouldn’t be getting another one so soon….but now she is spiraling.    And her saying she hated competing….it came off as sour grapes because she did poorly.  

• Like 9
47 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

That sounds like a fun little “getaway.” Did you jump on the bed and yell out over the balcony like the contestants when they arrive at a hotel? I hope your heat is fixed soon…or not, if you enjoy having an excuse to be at a hotel.

Please, does anyone have an albuterol inhaler for Jesse?!? My man in having a full-on asthma attack after that tennis game.

Ha ha, I didn't think of it. But I'm on the first floor with a view of the parking lot.

Joey said "toast"!

• LOL 6
(edited)

Joey totally pulled away from Jenn when she ambushed him. I understand Maria spiraling; she’s been taking the higher ground all this time (supposedly), a freak out isn’t so hortble

maria is telling him he is it, she can’t stand that he can tell her same. And his reponse is telling….it sounds like he was going to let her go with not much fight.  Maria really needs to get some color in her wardrobe. I get they can’t bring a lot of clothes, and I get sick of seeing the girls with higher end new outfits every day, nit I’m kind of sick of seeing Maria in the black turtle necks..and the clothes that don’t leave very much to imagination 

Edited by Riplet68
  • Like 3
(edited)

Maria seems to freak out when she's not in control of a situation. That's not dissing her, it's just that her personality isn't flexible enough to be able to go with the flow.

Edited by WatcherUp2
Left out some words.
  • Like 11

Is Maria manipulating him to get the rose—or maybe even force him to pull a Clare and end the show to run off with her? Or is she not that into Joey and thinks she made it far enough to be a contender for Bachelorette—or to find a fiancé in Paradise?

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Ohhhh, Joey just called Maria’s bluff.  He is a nice guy, but he also has a backbone.   

But I think his response would be different if this was Daisy.

• Like 3

Maria has a “little girl lost” look to her this week after all her bravada before. She’s backed herself into a hole with Joey because she was expecting him to rush and reassure her when she said she was going to leave. As if! She comes back with basically “forget everything I said” and played a different card. 

• Like 14
  • Useful 2

i laughed so loud that Maria’s little act didn’t earn her the rose. In fact, it made Joey question whether she’d stay committed. But between Maria and Daisy not yet “falling” for Joey, we have a couple of options already where everything could fall apart for that dramatic ending they’ve been teasing.

• Like 5
(edited)

Lies, lies, lies from the “typical Canadian”,   I don’t know anyone who has done it.  

eta…I think this polarplunge is just a way to laugh at the tourists.   Also, this was filmed late October according to the guy hosting, who is the entertainment reporter for my local Breakfast Show.   Polar plunges are usually Jan 1st and for charity.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Like 5
(edited)

Ha! We have Polar Bear Plunges in Minnesota! This one in Jasper is wimpy. It's not a Polar Bear Plunge unless you have to jump through a hole sawn in the ice.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
2 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Ha! We have Polar Bear Plunges in Minnesota! This one in Jasper is wimpy. It's not a Polar Bear Plunge unless you have to jump in a hole sawn through the ice.

I could brave the cold, but not the ice hole.  With my luck, I'd hit my head on the side of the ice jumping in and go unconscious.  More power to you if you've done that!

• LOL 2

These dates are making it easy for Joey. My view still stands; Daisy appeals to his brain and heart, Maria intrigues him, Kelsey a  to him physically. She’s the first one he can’t rally keep his hands off of. He looks at her lips a lot.  I liked him and Kelsey on this date way better than their first one. 

he’s over Jenn, Kelsey t has no chance, him and Rachel have that “best friend of the opposite sex” vibe. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Grandps Moose grazing outside, keeping an eye on everybody.

Did I miss a moose?   I’ve only seen elk   

Edited by DEL901
23 minutes ago, econ07 said:

I could brave the cold, but not the ice hole.  With my luck, I'd hit my head on the side of the ice jumping in and go unconscious.  More power to you if you've done that!

I've done it--almost 40 years ago--and I believe I was lowered by a couple of guys into the hole. So I didn't really jump in. Then afterwards I went straight into the sauna.

1 minute ago, DEL901 said:

Did I miss a moose?   I’ve only seen elk   

Well maybe that was an elk. I didn't pay enough attention to the antlers.

• Like 2

I hope someone got the coats for Kelsey and Jenn.  I noticed all the women walked in the lodge and took off their coats.  But after the rose ceremony they all walk out to the SUV in their dress with no coat.  

• Like 5
1 minute ago, LakeGal said:

I hope someone got the coats for Kelsey and Jenn.  I noticed all the women walked in the lodge and took off their coats.  But after the rose ceremony they all walk out to the SUV in their dress with no coat.  

I couldn't believe that they didn't bring their coats to them. That's sadistic.

• Like 1

I hate that Maria is constantly saying, “My honest truth is…” Does that mean you’re lying the rest of the time? Are you lying now and trying to cover it up? Is “honest truth” like a double-negative kind of situation in which they cancel each other out? Why not just say “I feel” or “I think”? 

• Like 12
  • Applause 1

I think we saw Maria's true self.  She has been manipulative (IMO) the entire season but knows how to hide it and cause others to over react.  Tonight she tried to manipulate Joey into begging her to stay but it didn't work.  She sure back peddled after, once again, crying without any tears.  I'm always interested in what she wears because, as she told us, she's an introvert and doesn't put herself 'out there.'  Was she wear a bathing suit cover-up during the formal part of the group date?  As you can tell, I haven't cared much for her this entire season.  

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I'm always interested in what she wears because, as she told us, she's an introvert and doesn't put herself 'out there.'  Was she wear a bathing suit cover-up during the formal part of the group date? 

Never mind this! Was Maria wearing anything under that two-piece navy number. And I’m not talking her bare midriff. I’m talking the skirt slit up to her waist!

Introverts don’t dress like that. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

Maria started the episode reasonable, understanding that because she just had a 1-1 date, she probably wouldn’t be getting another one so soon….but now she is spiraling.    And her saying she hated competing….it came off as sour grapes because she did poorly.  

I think Maria is the most demanding of all of the remaining contestants.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I hate that Maria is constantly saying, “My honest truth is…” Does that mean you’re lying the rest of the time? Are you lying now and trying to cover it up? Is “honest truth” like a double-negative kind of situation in which they cancel each other out? Why not just say “I feel” or “I think”? 

It’s so redundant and unnecessary.

What else could Maria mean, otherwise? An honest lie, a dishonest truth?

I think she is too manipulative and too much of a drama queen for a lovely man who has repeatedly said he doesn’t want drama. I agree that she is intriguing to him, but that will wear him out eventually. I thought he would let her go tonight but I suppose the producers said “not yet.”

The one thing I do like about Maria is the same as what I like about Daisy and Rachel…natural looks.

I think Kelsey, the actress, was just acting and looking for publicity so I’m fine with her going home. Jenn was getting on my nerves.

I’m glad he’s going to Rachel’s hometown but I think she’s more in the Friend Zone. 

I feel like he’s most drawn to Kelsey. I do think he likes Daisy but I think there’s some admiration for her, not sure about romantic feelings.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, LakeGal said:

Polar rejection?

• Like 1
13 hours ago, oakville said:

I think Maria is the most demanding of all of the remaining contestants.

She really thought she was going to give him an ultimatum and what? he was going to send the five other women home and dropped to one knee right then and there?  And then when he didn't, she did her no-tears crying and had a change of heart.  Girl, I've seen you since Day One and thank you for proving my point.

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She really thought she was going to give him an ultimatum and what? he was going to send the five other women home and dropped to one knee right then and there?  And then when he didn't, she did her no-tears crying and had a change of heart.  Girl, I've seen you since Day One and thank you for proving my point.

I don't quite agree.  I think that she is pretty insecure and that the extroversion is a cover.  Her mistake was in not recognizing that Joey is also insecure and needs the women to reassure him rather than the other way around.  And she didn't know that Daisy had been playing the "do I love you?  Maayybee" card the night before.  She needed reassurance and he wasn't in a place to give it to her.  I don't think it was quite as thought through as her being manipulative.  I think she was melting from the pressure.

But it was a bad look and really cost her even if she got the rose.

• Like 11